User Reviews for Metaxalone

Also known as: Metaxall, Skelaxin

Learn more about Metaxalone.

Muscle Spasm 74 reviews 55 medications

7.4
Fibromyalgia 20 reviews 20 medications

7.1
Summary of Metaxalone reviews 94 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Metaxalone

For Muscle Spasm: "Very perfect medicine for neck and muscle problem."

Karmveer (taken for less than 1 month) September 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Skelaxin (metaxalone) for Muscle Spasm: "I have been taking Skelaxin every since 1994. I was suffering with Fibromyalgia. I had a bad car accident and had no clue what Fibromyalgia was. I found out and Fibromyalgia is not pleasant at all. I finally found a doctor that properly diagnosed me and he prescribed me Skelaxin. I don't know what I would have done without it. I have tried other muscle relaxers and they did not work or they made me too drowsy to function. I am much better now and I usually take one Skelaxin at night before I go to bed."

Luvrofmusik (taken for 10 years or more) July 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm: "I hurt my back by making my bed my Dr give me this medicine for the pain it really don't work for me I have been taking it for three days now and no help:"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm: "It is great for muscle spasms and or pinched nerve."

Ramblinlady May 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Skelaxin (metaxalone) for Muscle Spasm: "Was perscribed skelaxin for spasms caused by an extensive back injury. Unfortunately, I'm not able to take this medication. Causes severe nausea, vomiting, and confusion."

NotSomethingICanTake (taken for less than 1 month) April 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Skelaxin (metaxalone) for Muscle Spasm: "I've been on Skelaxin for a month now and it's a God send. Best medication for all my pain."

Covrgrl32 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm: "Dr is wants me to switch from percocet to metaxalone for my herniated & stenosis of cervical nerves. It doesn't help with the pain in my neck or arms. It also makes me dizzy, headachy & I get an upset stomach."

esvajatu January 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm: "Helps with muscle flair ups. Tough to take 3 times a day @ 400 mg's and work full time. Wife yells and shakes me to wake up."

WM. (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 4, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm: "very effective medicine"

DHM1 October 22, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Skelaxin (metaxalone) for Muscle Spasm: "This drug is the most effective medication I have ever used for my chronic neck pain. After a period of time I no longer need to use this drug since my neck pain is greatly diminished. Other aches and pains have been reduced as well. I have not experienced any side effects. The only pain that has not been reduced are my migraines."

GLAs$ (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 21, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm: "Because Flexeril made me really drowsy I asked for an alternative and was given Metaxalone. I found that it worked just as well without the drowsiness and I was happy with it. I take it for when I throw my neck or back out. Then I started taking Viibryd (anti-depressant) two weeks ago. I checked here for interactions between it and Metaxalone and it said there was none so when I needed it for my back this morning I didn't hesitate to take one. And oh my goodness, I became super drowsy and pretty nauseous. I was also a bit unsteady on my feet. I had to climb in the bed and sleep it off."

Tia12 June 19, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm: "I was prescribed this along with Norotin and neither one helped with the pain I'm having fron my neck to my right shoulder."

Don't have one (taken for less than 1 month) May 29, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm: "I have taken this med 800mg three times a day for two plus years. It does absolutely nothing for back pain from muscle spasms. The only good thing I can say is Workers Compensation pays for it."

Roberta Maloney (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 11, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm: "This medicine had absolutely no effect on me at all. Spasms continued. It also cost $167. I value my health and will pay for proper treatment, but this drug was a big waste of time and money."

Still spasm'ing in Philly December 29, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Skelaxin (metaxalone) for Muscle Spasm: "12 years ago I suffered form lower back pain for spurs, and severe pain between my shoulder. The pain was absolutely unbearable. The muscle spasm were so bad that I had a hard time breathing. My doctor prescribed me skelaxin for the spasms and pain killers for the pain. Once I started taking the Skelaxin I had no use for the pain medicine. This is a wander drug because, I can function 100% and all it does is it's job .I have recently started suffering with spasms again that are very intense. I went to the doctor today and she prescribed Skelaxin again. I know it is pricey , but nothing works like it does. I am on my third dose and seeing dramatic improvement already."

Chris70586 October 5, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Skelaxin (metaxalone) for Muscle Spasm: "I have had 5 surgeries on my left shoulder. An unknown bacterial infection was introduced during 2nd surgery after 1st surgery failed. I ended up with a reverse delta arthroplasty. Since the last surgery I have been on high doses of pain killers & have always had Flexeril prescribed for me, though I stopped using it because it never touched the pain from muscle spasms & cramping. Recently, my doctor prescribed Skelaxin. I was astonished at the difference! There was a noticeable difference in 2 days. Taking it 3x/day I got a great deal of pain relief & less muscle pain. Unfortunately, I can't use the drug because even the generic is too expensive for my very limited disability income. I hate knowing it's out there but unavailable to me! :("

Meliannos (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 8, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm: "I have always suffered from frequent headaches/migraines, and was put on a preventative medication (Nortriptylin). This medication took care of regular headaches/migraines, but not tension related ones. I carry a lot of tension in my shoulders, and was originally prescribed Cyclobenzaprine for the tension along with (generic) Fioricet for the headaches themselves. This combo did not work, so my Dr replaced the Cyclobenzaprine with Metaxalone. This seems to have done the trick! When I feel the tension (w/o a headache) I take the Metaxalone with great results. If there is also a headache the Metaxalone isn't enough, so I add a Fioricet. So far this combo has allowed me to deal with headaches without having to go home and curl in a ball."

Sweet Rogue (taken for less than 1 month) June 15, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Skelaxin (metaxalone) for Muscle Spasm: "I've been taking Skelaxin for my back & neck aches, hip pain, & head pain for years. It works well for my pain. Though it's expensive, so I usually break my tablets in halves in order to save."

Cherrysparkle March 25, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Skelaxin (metaxalone) for Muscle Spasm: "During high school I began having several episodes of ridiculous pain in my back (I was a very healthy athlete at that time also) and ended up experiencing numbness in my L leg to the point I could hardly ambulate (I say ambulate because walking was NOT the only thing it effected). My dad, luckily an M. D., gave me samples of Skelaxin. As long as I took it appr. 2.5hrs before a practice or game, it only helped. After that time period, however, my coordination was markedly decreased, though it did tend to take the right fielder by surprise ;) In short, back then I loved it. I just started back on this after appr. 2 yrs off for a potential slipped/herniated/fromhell disc in the L2-L4 region soo.... Fingers crossed!!"

4204pain (taken for less than 1 month) March 16, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm: "Medicine worked ok but caused a major rash"

Bobbym82 January 30, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm: "The pain in my lower back due to some extreme exercise moves reacted immediately to this medication. The first sign of improvement was when I lifted myself out of bed first morning after starting: 800 mg 3x a day. However, ended up in the hospital a couple of days later due to severe nausea and loss of consciousness. May be a combination of things that were going on. Still on it after about two weeks, and I am experiencing nausea and loss of appetite, as well as sleepiness. Physical therapy along with this is working well. I am about to ask the doctor if I can only take as needed."

Metaxing (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm: "An absolutely excruciating sharp pain in my shoulder woke me up..so severe I cried for my wife to take me to the ER at 3am. Turned out to be a pinched nerve in the neck sending pain to the shoulder. A prescription for Metaxalone was given that I got filled along with Naproxen. The Metaxalone works very well for me. I split the pills into two halves and use when it feels like the shoulder pain will flare up. No "loopyness" or drowsiness. I am a 24 year recovering alcoholic and this medication works well."

Jefflaur1 (taken for less than 1 month) July 19, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia: "I've suffered with fibromyalgia pain for the last seven years. I just started taking this last week and have already been able to cut my pain medicines in half! For the first time in years, I had a full, active weekend! What a relief."

DC in AZ (taken for less than 1 month) June 9, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Skelaxin (metaxalone) for Muscle Spasm: "I have been taking this medicine due to lower back trouble. When I first took it, it worked great, now all it does is put me to sleep."

PILL TAKER (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 4, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Skelaxin (metaxalone) for Muscle Spasm: "This medicine is expensive but amazing. I was taking 70mgs or more of Norco a day! I have not had a Norco for 3 months thanks to this medication! I was always in pain, even with the large doses of pain medicines. Skelaxin has actually stopped my pain, severe swelling in muscles and the numbness in my hands and feet is almost gone. I was prescribed 3, 800 mgs a day but only take 400 in the morning and 400 in the evening, and some days I take none at all. I am very pleased with it, other then the very high cost."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 25, 2014