User Reviews for Metaxalone

Fibromyalgia
7.2

Summary of Metaxalone reviews 7.0 102 reviews

Reviews for Metaxalone

For Muscle Spasm: "I have Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS.) If anyone knows this awful syndrome, you'll know it's up there on the pain scale. After six years of numerous medications, my doctor decided to give metaxalone a try. (I'm extremely sensitive to medication, so I hate changing them.) The first few days I was a zombie, but that was okay, because I never can sleep due to the pain and muscle spasms at night. After about 4-5 days, the medicine tapered off, and I feel like a whole new person! The spasms have decreased and I can sleep a bit more. The only side effect I have is it seems to be an appetite suppressant, but I'm only on week two...that may change and go back to normal. It's not awful. No nausea, etc. I just don't find myself craving snacks/sweets. So far, this has been a winner for me."

Comtngirl (taken for less than 1 month) July 13, 2018

Skelaxin (metaxalone) for Muscle Spasm: "My side effects were racing heart, bloated stomach, gas, vomiting. Had to drink a gallon of milk for my stomach issues. Next day, still feel nauseous and popping antacids in an attempt to get stomach back to normal. Took pills to police to dispose of them. My option = trash"

Funster (taken for less than 1 month) May 30, 2018

Skelaxin (metaxalone) for Muscle Spasm: "I had fibromyalgia and muscle pain. With this med it felt like my skin was on fire and I couldn't sleep. I am now appealing to Medicare to keep my soma that has worked for me for at least 5 to 6 yr now"

Gkkoz (taken for less than 1 month) February 17, 2018

For Muscle Spasm: "I have low back pain with sciatica. This is good for alleviating my leg and foot cramping......seems to help my low back pain....no side effects noted"

nickame7 (taken for less than 1 month) February 4, 2018

For Muscle Spasm: "This med really decreases the muscle spasms I get in my foot following a bunionectomy and 2 nervectomies all on the same foot. The only side effect that I experience is an extremely dry mouth which I can handle."

TexasGirl54 (taken for less than 1 month) January 19, 2018

For Fibromyalgia: "Metaxalone just amazed me. Not only does it relieve muscle tension, it has helped with all my pain including fibro, bulging discs, facet joint arthritis, carpal tunnel, and the excruciating pain of dequervians tenosinovitis. Unlike other meds, it doesn't sedate me, and I've had no side effects except a bit of irritability the first couple days. I only hope it continues to work as effectively for years to come. The BEST thing I've taken, and I've tried A LOT of things!"

Jenna1201 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 16, 2017

For Muscle Spasm: "Was on this med 3x a day for 4 months post back surgery. The entire last month developed severe diarrhea, several times a day, thought I picked up some kind of bacterial or parasite !! I decided to stop the med and within 2 days stool back to normal. Took 4 months until started to develop a problem."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 27, 2017

Skelaxin (metaxalone) for Muscle Spasm: "Day 2 on Skelaxin following a fall which resulted in a rotator cuff injury and deep gashes on my arm. I feel not a bit of relief from this combined with Mobil for the rotator cuff and Keflex for the open wounds. Better relief from 600/800 mg ibuprofen but worried about stomach side effects of taking that much."

Review September 26, 2017

For Muscle Spasm: "Very perfect medicine for neck and muscle problem."

Karmveer (taken for less than 1 month) September 13, 2017

Skelaxin (metaxalone) for Muscle Spasm: "I have been taking Skelaxin every since 1994. I was suffering with Fibromyalgia. I had a bad car accident and had no clue what Fibromyalgia was. I found out and Fibromyalgia is not pleasant at all. I finally found a doctor that properly diagnosed me and he prescribed me Skelaxin. I don't know what I would have done without it. I have tried other muscle relaxers and they did not work or they made me too drowsy to function. I am much better now and I usually take one Skelaxin at night before I go to bed."

Luvrofmusik (taken for 10 years or more) July 23, 2017

For Muscle Spasm: "I hurt my back by making my bed my Dr give me this medicine for the pain it really don't work for me I have been taking it for three days now and no help:"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 28, 2017

For Muscle Spasm: "It is great for muscle spasms and or pinched nerve."

Ramblinlady May 14, 2017

Skelaxin (metaxalone) for Muscle Spasm: "Was perscribed skelaxin for spasms caused by an extensive back injury. Unfortunately, I'm not able to take this medication. Causes severe nausea, vomiting, and confusion."

NotSomethingICanTake (taken for less than 1 month) April 9, 2017

Skelaxin (metaxalone) for Muscle Spasm: "I've been on Skelaxin for a month now and it's a God send. Best medication for all my pain."

Covrgrl32 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 15, 2017

For Muscle Spasm: "Dr is wants me to switch from percocet to metaxalone for my herniated & stenosis of cervical nerves. It doesn't help with the pain in my neck or arms. It also makes me dizzy, headachy & I get an upset stomach."

esvajatu January 14, 2017

For Muscle Spasm: "Helps with muscle flair ups. Tough to take 3 times a day @ 400 mg's and work full time. Wife yells and shakes me to wake up."

WM. (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 4, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "very effective medicine"

DHM1 October 22, 2016

Skelaxin (metaxalone) for Muscle Spasm: "This drug is the most effective medication I have ever used for my chronic neck pain. After a period of time I no longer need to use this drug since my neck pain is greatly diminished. Other aches and pains have been reduced as well. I have not experienced any side effects. The only pain that has not been reduced are my migraines."

GLAs$ (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 21, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "Because Flexeril made me really drowsy I asked for an alternative and was given Metaxalone. I found that it worked just as well without the drowsiness and I was happy with it. I take it for when I throw my neck or back out. Then I started taking Viibryd (anti-depressant) two weeks ago. I checked here for interactions between it and Metaxalone and it said there was none so when I needed it for my back this morning I didn't hesitate to take one. And oh my goodness, I became super drowsy and pretty nauseous. I was also a bit unsteady on my feet. I had to climb in the bed and sleep it off."

Tia12 June 19, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "I was prescribed this along with Norotin and neither one helped with the pain I'm having fron my neck to my right shoulder."

Don't have one (taken for less than 1 month) May 29, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "I have taken this med 800mg three times a day for two plus years. It does absolutely nothing for back pain from muscle spasms. The only good thing I can say is Workers Compensation pays for it."

Roberta Maloney (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 11, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "This medicine had absolutely no effect on me at all. Spasms continued. It also cost $167. I value my health and will pay for proper treatment, but this drug was a big waste of time and money."

Still spasm'ing in Philly December 29, 2015

Skelaxin (metaxalone) for Muscle Spasm: "12 years ago I suffered form lower back pain for spurs, and severe pain between my shoulder. The pain was absolutely unbearable. The muscle spasm were so bad that I had a hard time breathing. My doctor prescribed me skelaxin for the spasms and pain killers for the pain. Once I started taking the Skelaxin I had no use for the pain medicine. This is a wander drug because, I can function 100% and all it does is it's job .I have recently started suffering with spasms again that are very intense. I went to the doctor today and she prescribed Skelaxin again. I know it is pricey , but nothing works like it does. I am on my third dose and seeing dramatic improvement already."

Chris70586 October 5, 2015

Skelaxin (metaxalone) for Muscle Spasm: "I have had 5 surgeries on my left shoulder. An unknown bacterial infection was introduced during 2nd surgery after 1st surgery failed. I ended up with a reverse delta arthroplasty. Since the last surgery I have been on high doses of pain killers & have always had Flexeril prescribed for me, though I stopped using it because it never touched the pain from muscle spasms & cramping. Recently, my doctor prescribed Skelaxin. I was astonished at the difference! There was a noticeable difference in 2 days. Taking it 3x/day I got a great deal of pain relief & less muscle pain. Unfortunately, I can't use the drug because even the generic is too expensive for my very limited disability income. I hate knowing it's out there but unavailable to me! :("

Meliannos (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 8, 2015

For Muscle Spasm: "I have always suffered from frequent headaches/migraines, and was put on a preventative medication (Nortriptylin). This medication took care of regular headaches/migraines, but not tension related ones. I carry a lot of tension in my shoulders, and was originally prescribed Cyclobenzaprine for the tension along with (generic) Fioricet for the headaches themselves. This combo did not work, so my Dr replaced the Cyclobenzaprine with Metaxalone. This seems to have done the trick! When I feel the tension (w/o a headache) I take the Metaxalone with great results. If there is also a headache the Metaxalone isn't enough, so I add a Fioricet. So far this combo has allowed me to deal with headaches without having to go home and curl in a ball."

Sweet Rogue (taken for less than 1 month) June 15, 2015