User Reviews for Metaxalone (Page 5)

Also known as: Skelaxin, Metaxall

Fibromyalgia 8.2
Muscle Spasm 7.2

Reviews for Metaxalone

Anonymous December 9, 2008

Skelaxin (metaxalone) for Muscle Spasm: “Moderately effective in relief of symptoms and does not make me drowsy, allowing normal activity.”

Anonymous November 26, 2008

Skelaxin (metaxalone) for Muscle Spasm: “Episodic incidences of serious back spasms and pain due to having herniated discs of L4 and L5. Skelaxin relieves the spasms so I get back to somewhat normal in as short as time as possible without feeling drugged out and tired. It works so far as to what it was prescibed for.”

red baron November 26, 2008

Skelaxin (metaxalone) for Muscle Spasm: “Very good! I was given samples to try instead of the usual generic flexerill I usually take for muscle pain/spasm from severe degeneration in c-spine. This medicine works better and for me had no noticable drowsiness. I can actually feel the release of spasm and loosening of joint pain, unlike the other which leaves me half conscious. Great stuff.”

zed November 21, 2008

Skelaxin (metaxalone) for Muscle Spasm: “Couldn't make it without it. I had a broken neck and torn ligaments 30 years ago.”

Anonymous November 2, 2008

“I was prescribed this for muscle spasms in my lower back and it was like I was taking a placebo. I had no noticable reduction in spasms nor did I notice any side effects. Glad it has worked for others.”

ohiochick October 30, 2008

Skelaxin (metaxalone) for Muscle Spasm: “I was in a car accident and my neck/shoulder was extremely painful. I don't like doctors, but after 3 weeks I gave in a went to urgent care. I don't take medicines and have always done the alternative or holistic remedies. Not knowing anything about drugs, he gave me this script for Skelaxin with some samples to try before filling the script. I have only taken 1 tablet at night for the last 3 days. I noticed today I can move better. Everything that has been hurting feels better. What's more, there is no side effect. I just found out from my research tonight that this is a muscle relaxer. This stuff is a wonder drug. I feel so much better and don't feel like a zombie.”

AllenAllen October 27, 2008

Skelaxin (metaxalone) for Muscle Spasm: “I had a back problem that lasted over 10 days. I went to chiropractor and tried everything. I took one dose of Skelaxin - pain was gone in less then an hour. I have tried a lot of "muscle relaxants" over the years. All they do is sedate you. This one worked and it doesn't mess with your head -- I noticed no sedating effect, even after a glass of wine. I personally do not like to feel "drugged." I hate feeling the effects of opiates, for example. This had no side effects (my experience, yours may be different). Main feature was that the terrible pain was gone.”

Anonymous July 25, 2008

Skelaxin (metaxalone) for Muscle Spasm: “I just had back surgery for a ruptured disc three weeks ago and my surgeon perscribed me Skelaxin to help the the remnants of muscle spasms I was still having. I was expecting it to knock me out but I was actually able to study for an exam and I was virtually pain and spasm free.”

Anonymous July 9, 2008

Skelaxin (metaxalone) for Muscle Spasm: “Worked quickly for me with little drowsiness. I was prescribed a pain reliever with it. I didn't even need it.”

ncgrl231us May 28, 2008

Skelaxin (metaxalone) for Muscle Spasm: “I have been on Skelaxin since 1994 and it is the only medication that has worked for me all these years. I was in a bad car wreck in '94 and then I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. When I had back surgery in '07 and I was without it for 3 months, I thought I would die. My surgeon put me back on it and when he did, I started feeling better. It is a great medication for me.”

Jessie C. May 25, 2008

Skelaxin (metaxalone) for Muscle Spasm: “Great medicine if you use during the day. Half of one is sufficient to get away from being drowsy and still pain free.”

smoore002 April 29, 2008

Skelaxin (metaxalone) for Fibromyalgia: “I have Fibromyalgia and was prescribed this to help with the pain. It didn't work well at all. Carisoprodol is a much better muscle relaxant. I also take Tylenol w/ Codeine #3 which also helps.”

Anonymous April 24, 2008

Skelaxin (metaxalone) for Muscle Spasm: “I had a muscle spasm across my back for 3 weeks. I took Alleve, Ibuprofen 800, Capzasym, Biofreeze, Ice, my husband massaged the area every night. All this provided very little relief. I went to the urgent care doctor recently for a sore throat and mentioned the spasm I am experiencing. He gave me Skelaxin samples. After the first dose I expected to pass out like I do with muscle relaxants but I was not drowsy at all. Instead, I experienced something pleasant - relief!”

Charitygirl April 23, 2008

Skelaxin (metaxalone) for Fibromyalgia: “I take Skelaxin for the coat hanger neck pain associated with my neurocardiogenic syncopy, and the severe pain I get from fibromyalgia. I love it! It helps me move more comfortably, and I don't feel exhausted or "high". I used to take Neurontin but that didn't help with pain that much. Being a single mom of 3 kids ages 14, 11, and 2 that wasn't an option.”

Jakerz April 1, 2008

Skelaxin (metaxalone) for Muscle Spasm: “I had a very strange episode of a serious neck cramp. I was still able to move it, but if I did, I would get a constant dull to sharp pain. In fact, I could only sit in one particular position in order to subside the pain. I took some Skelaxin and a small dose of Hydrocodone. It was without a doubt the best way to get rid of that pain. After about 45 minutes of taking it, I was feeling 90% without sleepiness or 'weirdness.' Highly recommended.”

dreamkeeper0863 March 30, 2008

Skelaxin (metaxalone) for Muscle Spasm: “Skelaxin (metaxalone) for Muscle Spasms worked great when I first started taking it. But as with all my meds, my body has become immune to it. It still helps some but not as much. Over all... I think it is a great medicine for muscle spasms. I have Fibromyalgia, but I can't tell that it helps any with that.”

Anonymous March 28, 2008

Skelaxin (metaxalone) for Muscle Spasm: “My dr prescribed this to help with some muscle spasms I had related to TMJ. It works wonderfully for this condition. However, I recently pulled some muscles in my back shoveling snow. I used this drug to help try and alleviate some of the muscle spasms, but it did not work as well on this larger group of muscles.”

JoeAl March 22, 2008

Skelaxin (metaxalone) for Muscle Spasm: “I experienced almost immediate relief from the spasm's I have in my neck. What a relief. I slept through the night for the first time in a very long time.”

brighteyez2k March 17, 2008

Skelaxin (metaxalone) for Fibromyalgia: “I have fibromyalgia and it helps with my muscle spasms and my back pains and other pains that i have with my fibromyalgia. My doctor only wants me to take it on a as needed basis for the muscles spasms but when the get really bad it helps alot ...”

Anonymous March 10, 2008

Skelaxin (metaxalone) for Muscle Spasm: “I have used Skelaxin for over four years. I have found it quite useful for muscle spasms in my lower back. Unlike Flexeril, it doesn't make me sleepy during the daytime hours. My muscle spasms in the lower back are from a ruptured/ bulging disc in L4-L5 area. Without the Skelaxin, I am limited to very short time periods (5-10 minutes) of work in the yard and house. With Skelaxin, I can work 30-45 minutes before the lower back muscles begin to spasm. Skelaxin changed my life for the goo”

Anonymous March 2, 2008

Skelaxin (metaxalone) for Fibromyalgia: “my doctor put me on skelaxin to help me get the knots out of my muscles. the only thing that skelaxin has done for me is make me lose weight”

opp February 27, 2008

Skelaxin (metaxalone) for Muscle Spasm: “I have been prescribed skelaxin for muscle spasms, but have only found it useful for menstral cramps.”