User Reviews for Valium

1 review 18 medications
Summary of Valium reviews 8.7 247 reviews

Reviews for Valium

Pleasebecareful · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 14, 2019

For Anxiety "Valium is a great anti-anxiety medication, but please be aware and take the medication very sparingly, like if you are going out or driving or going to a gig ONE TIME. Whatever you do, DON'T take these pre-emptively and NEVER EVER take these daily. 2.5mg of Valium for once-off anxiety is great. Use it no more than ONE time for ONE month, and you should be fine. I recommend not using Valium for more than two days in a row, otherwise you will get addicted, and Valium is a nightmare to get off of if you are addicted. You will need to slow taper off of it if you have been taking this long-term, and this can take months or years. Check out Benzo Buddies for the horror stories. Don't drink any alcohol whilst taking this either, as both substances potentiate each other, making both stronger. Please, please be careful."

Alex September 10, 2019

For Light Sedation "I had an MRI today took valium 2mg 35minutes before it worked great"

Grinding discs · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 10, 2019

For Muscle Spasm "I’ve been on many muscle relaxants for my many ailments and nothing worked. My surgeon after my first operation put me on diazepam for the horrendous spasms that wake me in the middle of the night is severe pain and I’ve been taking it now for years at night under close supervision. I do not have to take as much medication during the day. Works great and no side effects. I don’t take them every night just as needed."

Sadguy · Taken for less than 1 month September 5, 2019

For Alcohol Withdrawal "Bad Alcoholic collapsed and hit my head ended up in hospital UK. Not much treatment out next day, also have autism, I got 2mg valium for use when needed to two the 1st day, three the 2nd day and I wake up highly agitated and soaked in sweats. It hasn't relaxed me much, I was heavy drinker from 1995, then 2003 started to drink everyday, hospital and rehab since 2015, just binge drink now and have gastritis plus liver damage and cysts on left kidney, not having a good time :("

BS1976 · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 26, 2019

For Anxiety "After taking Xanax off and on for years, I developed a problem with it making me more anxious when it wore off, like a lot of heart palpitations, sweating, fear. I was switched over to Valium 6mg for two years and then advised to withdraw to see how I went. I’ve spent the last six months tapering and been off for 7 weeks and I’m miserable. I have returned PTSD and depression. So, I guess I didn’t go well and am going to reinstate 2mg a day to get my life back. When I take it I have no side effects and feel alive. I didn’t hit tolerance before. I say yes to Valium if you need it to feel normal and don’t abuse."

Kyle · Taken for less than 1 month August 19, 2019

For Anxiety "I feel like it did the opposite of what it was supposed to. I needed help sleeping and controlling my mind going bonkers. It helped with my mind but I felt no tiredness or heaviness to my body like people mention. I felt more energetic than ever. Hyper even. No mind weighing me down. I felt like superman, until I realized I was awake for over 40 hours. Will call dr to work out what happened."

Jadejulie · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 12, 2019

For Alcohol Withdrawal "I have been prescribed diazepam but I've not been taking them as I don't think it is safe to drive my kids to school."

Stuart August 11, 2019

For Anxiety "Valium (Xanax) I do not recommend these to anybody with an addictive personality. But 1 and 1/2 a day and you will feel, normal and confident and back to your old self, but DO NOT ABUSE. They generally take up to an hour so let them kick in fist. Best wishes folks "

Speced August 8, 2019

For Anxiety "Good at small dose for during the day as needed but doesn’t keep you to sleep for a full night."

Momof4 · Taken for less than 1 month August 6, 2019

For Anxiety "This drug has given me my life back. I no longer feel an overwhelming amount of fear and anxiety which left me sluggish and “frozen” I now feel as if I can do my normal chores and errands without any hesitation! I do feel tired at times And then at times like I have lots of energy but I feel better than I have in years!"

jarvis · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 27, 2019

For Anxiety "Very effective medication so long as you only use it as needed."

Seven · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 24, 2019

For Anxiety "Excellent drug, just make sure to use it as prescribed. It is good for anxiety and also very helpful with muscle and lower back issues (slipped discs). Long term use will need a slow taper for some people as this chemical is a GABAergic and all drugs in this class should be tapered. I have used long term with no ill effects or issues."

Feeling better! June 21, 2019

For Meniere's Disease "I have severe tinnitus. Extremely loud ringing/clanging 24/7, exacerbated by allergies and sinus infections. My doctor gave me 2 mg valium yesterday to help with the ringing and it is the first time in so long that I can't recall, that the ringing has subsided almost all the way. It had progressed to the point that nausea and vertigo was constant and blood pressure was seriously elevated. Has helped more than I can express. Relief at last after years of this.."

BAH · Taken for less than 1 month May 24, 2019

For Alcohol Withdrawal "Was struggling with moderate to severe alcohol withdrawal symptoms, was prescribed Valium after a GP’s visit as I was sure that otherwise it would have been A&E. Cleared up 90% of the worst symptoms, some are still present but have been minimised. Was a life-saver for me as before I booked the appointment I considered more alcohol as I couldn’t handle the “fear”, weird heart rate and constant tremors. At its peak the symptoms and anxiety combined made me feel like I was going to die."

Bill · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 24, 2019

For Anxiety "I've been of valium for 6 months and I just stopped and I'm left panicking "

Toby · Taken for 10 years or more April 21, 2019

For Muscle Spasm "I find that the generic form of Valium doesn’t work for me. I’m using it for muscle spasm in the pelvic floor, causing rectal pain. I get valium suppositories,10 mg made at a compounding pharmacy. This is very effective for Rectal Pain. Otherwise I use a Valium 5 mg pill. The name brand is very expensive $3.50 pill. It’s less expensive to use the 10 mg suppository & it works better for my pain."

Malone · Taken for 10 years or more April 20, 2019

For Muscle Spasm "I've taken valium 10 mg. 2x daily for neck muscle spasms and headaches for 15 years now. This has been the most effective medication I have taken for my issue. The company I work for is now telling me that I can't take this anymore because it's on a new restricted list. Nothing else that I have taken works without having some sort of side effect."

Teah · Taken for less than 1 month March 16, 2019

For Anxiety "Hi I have bad anxiety daily it has worsened since I stopped taking codeine for pain caused by my tooth. Now I have panic attacks daily. My mind feels dazed and I zone out. I am on on Valium and it calms me down but last night I had a attack and I couldn't calm down my body was calm but my mind was still freaking out thinking I am going to go insane has anyone else felt this"

PatientWAnxiety · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 10, 2019

For Anxiety "My prescription says I can take 5m to 10mg if I have an anxiety attack (or sleep problem) and I am allowed to repeat if I need it 12 hours later. It takes me many months to go through 30 tablets. I think it works well and it doesn't make me feel vegged out. *Note I can't report on using it for sleep. I'm very concerned with anyone taking it everyday as I think this is begging for problems with addiction and tolerance. I've gone without it for over a month so I think the take it only as needed is the best way to avoid addiction. For those saying things like never take a Benzo? Chill out your problem is not everyone's experience."

All WET · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 24, 2019

For Muscle Spasm "Been on diazepam for several years for restless leg syndrome (RLS). It has been the only drug that works. 2.5mg at night sometimes 5mg but not often . No problems with it and never any withdrawal on the rare occasions I can do without it."

Luc · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 25, 2019

For Anxiety "If I start panicking I take 2mg and that's enough to calm me down for the rest of the day. This drug is a wonder as far as anxiety goes (for me)."

AnxietyFreak · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 24, 2019

For Anxiety "10/10! It helped me sleep, it helped me eat... I wasn't ever concerned about anything and it was only one tablet in the morning daily. Honestly the best meds my docs ever put me on."

pattiecakes · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 14, 2019

For Anxiety "only medicine that works for my anxiety"

SufferingSuccotash · Taken for 5 to 10 years November 27, 2018

For Anxiety "My psychiatrist prescribed this for me reluctantly when I demanded some relief from horrible anxiety. I did not abuse it, and he monitored my intake. In the first few years I averaged 10mg per week. I went through a horrible personal tragedy and upped the dose, with psychiatrists' full knowledge. The tragedy lasted 3 years, and I quit valium cold-turkey. I stayed in bed 8 months, and learned the meaning of the phrase "pray without ceasing." Literally. For those who need some kind of timeline, I speak from experience that withdrawal eased up after 8 months. God willing, I will never touch benzos again. Short-term for some patients they offer some benefits. Short term ONLY."

Missey D · Taken for less than 1 month November 26, 2018

For Muscle Spasm "Last week I went to the emergency room with my neck completely frozen and a blinding headache. After 72 hours of trying heating pads & everything from Advil to Flexeril to Vicodin with NO effect, I was convinced it had to be meningitis. My BP (normally a chill 120/70) was 145/92, so when the doc said 'I'm not trying to minimize what you're going thru, but you've just got a stiff neck; I'm giving you valium', I was furious. Well, my apologies to the ER doc, because so far it has worked like a charm--only 4 days and I've got 80% of my mobility back, and the remaining pain is manageable with Advil. I always thought Valium was only an anti-anxiety drug, but I'm happy to have been mistaken. I'd highly recommend this as short-term treatment for muscle spasm; Flexeril had always been my go-to, but if for some reason it's ineffective on your spinal pain, Valium is great. However, I can't WAIT to get off it: I feel it's really impaired my mental acuity."

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)