User Reviews for Valium

Tetanus

1 review 18 medications
Summary of Valium reviews 8.7 233 reviews

Reviews for Valium

For Anxiety "I've been of valium for 6 months and I just stopped and I'm left panicking "

Bill (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 24, 2019

For Muscle Spasm "I find that the generic form of Valium doesn’t work for me. I’m using it for muscle spasm in the pelvic floor, causing rectal pain. I get valium suppositories,10 mg made at a compounding pharmacy. This is very effective for Rectal Pain. Otherwise I use a Valium 5 mg pill. The name brand is very expensive $3.50 pill. It’s less expensive to use the 10 mg suppository & it works better for my pain."

Toby (taken for 10 years or more) April 21, 2019

For Muscle Spasm "I've taken valium 10 mg. 2x daily for neck muscle spasms and headaches for 15 years now. This has been the most effective medication I have taken for my issue. The company I work for is now telling me that I can't take this anymore because it's on a new restricted list. Nothing else that I have taken works without having some sort of side effect."

Malone (taken for 10 years or more) April 20, 2019

For Anxiety "Hi I have bad anxiety daily it has worsened since I stopped taking codeine for pain caused by my tooth. Now I have panic attacks daily. My mind feels dazed and I zone out. I am on on Valium and it calms me down but last night I had a attack and I couldn't calm down my body was calm but my mind was still freaking out thinking I am going to go insane has anyone else felt this"

Teah (taken for less than 1 month) March 16, 2019

For Anxiety "My prescription says I can take 5m to 10mg if I have an anxiety attack (or sleep problem) and I am allowed to repeat if I need it 12 hours later. It takes me many months to go through 30 tablets. I think it works well and it doesn't make me feel vegged out. *Note I can't report on using it for sleep. I'm very concerned with anyone taking it everyday as I think this is begging for problems with addiction and tolerance. I've gone without it for over a month so I think the take it only as needed is the best way to avoid addiction. For those saying things like never take a Benzo? Chill out your problem is not everyone's experience."

PatientWAnxiety (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 10, 2019

For Muscle Spasm "Been on diazepam for several years for restless leg syndrome (RLS). It has been the only drug that works. 2.5mg at night sometimes 5mg but not often . No problems with it and never any withdrawal on the rare occasions I can do without it."

All WET (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 24, 2019

For Anxiety "If I start panicking I take 2mg and that's enough to calm me down for the rest of the day. This drug is a wonder as far as anxiety goes (for me)."

Luc (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 25, 2019

For Anxiety "10/10! It helped me sleep, it helped me eat... I wasn't ever concerned about anything and it was only one tablet in the morning daily. Honestly the best meds my docs ever put me on."

AnxietyFreak (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 24, 2019

For Anxiety "only medicine that works for my anxiety"

pattiecakes (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 14, 2019

For Anxiety "My psychiatrist prescribed this for me reluctantly when I demanded some relief from horrible anxiety. I did not abuse it, and he monitored my intake. In the first few years I averaged 10mg per week. I went through a horrible personal tragedy and upped the dose, with psychiatrists' full knowledge. The tragedy lasted 3 years, and I quit valium cold-turkey. I stayed in bed 8 months, and learned the meaning of the phrase "pray without ceasing." Literally. For those who need some kind of timeline, I speak from experience that withdrawal eased up after 8 months. God willing, I will never touch benzos again. Short-term for some patients they offer some benefits. Short term ONLY."

SufferingSuccotash (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 27, 2018

For Muscle Spasm "Last week I went to the emergency room with my neck completely frozen and a blinding headache. After 72 hours of trying heating pads & everything from Advil to Flexeril to Vicodin with NO effect, I was convinced it had to be meningitis. My BP (normally a chill 120/70) was 145/92, so when the doc said 'I'm not trying to minimize what you're going thru, but you've just got a stiff neck; I'm giving you valium', I was furious. Well, my apologies to the ER doc, because so far it has worked like a charm--only 4 days and I've got 80% of my mobility back, and the remaining pain is manageable with Advil. I always thought Valium was only an anti-anxiety drug, but I'm happy to have been mistaken. I'd highly recommend this as short-term treatment for muscle spasm; Flexeril had always been my go-to, but if for some reason it's ineffective on your spinal pain, Valium is great. However, I can't WAIT to get off it: I feel it's really impaired my mental acuity."

Missey D (taken for less than 1 month) November 26, 2018

For Anxiety "Let me start off with thanking valium for helping me to get onto an airplane after years of fear! I got on that plane like I owned it lol... got into Mexico and was still calm as a clam on the taxi ride to the hotel. OK but now my anxiety has come back to me lately and I've felt the need to take 5mg of valium almost every other day...I'm a changed person on it... I have no fears, it helps me save the world... it brings my appetite back to the point I want to order everything off the menu... I'm more calm with my children I'm happy and playful. I do also see a counsellor once a week and I am aware of the unfortunate withdraws valium could possibly have."

Msmoni (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 5, 2018

For Muscle Spasm "It is the only thing that works for me when my back flares up and still allows me to function mentally so I can work. I’ve taken it off and on as needed during flare ups for years with no side effects or withdrawal when I discontinue. I don’t leave home without it just in case!"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 4, 2018

For Alcohol Withdrawal "This medication reduced my withdrawal symptoms significantly, Although I still had some anxiety. Valium reduced tremors, sweating, insomnia and agitation."

SJH (taken for less than 1 month) August 27, 2018

For Anxiety "I have been taking it sparingly for years, just 1 (max. 2) mg to send me asleep when stressed out and anxious, nowadays, with horrible tinnitus. The longest I took it was 6 days on the trot for extreme anxiety. It helps to calm down my stomach, the life-sapping stress response in the body. Then, I have a big break, try to use some of the CBT techniques I learned, then again, when it gets too much. It saved my ass many times. In the meantime drink herbal teas (Melissa, nettle, Valerian) and try to exercise (walking, cycling) and eat healthy foods (lots of vegetables, fruit in moderation and organic meats, nuts, seeds, unpasteurized cheese, etc.). I am so pleased that it is helping other people. There are times when you just cannot do it on your own. It can be hard but I hope there is a light at the end of the tunnel."

XX (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 15, 2018

For Alcohol Withdrawal "Diazepam got me off my addiction of Xanax (9 years) and it also calms alcohol withdrawal effects."

Franklin77 August 11, 2018

For Anxiety "Valium is the best benzo I've ever tried for anxiety and panic attacks. it blows ativan out of the water. Valium 5 to 10mg as needed is perfect."

SAm (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 30, 2018

For Anxiety "I was diagnosed with anxiety, depression, panic attacks & PTSD. This medicine has helped me tremendously. Only take 2mg as needed & haven’t had any addiction problems. Often times when I get so worked up my family members & doctors remind me to take Valium. I use it as a last resort only when I can’t calm myself down, so I am definitely not addicted. I only have to take it a few times a month. For me 2 mg can keep me calm for 2 To 3 days. It helped me go back to work and go out in public places. It has given me a part of my life back. It does not make me sleepy and I have not had any side effects. This is the best medication I have ever taken for my anxiety& my depression. It has helped me live life again."

TiredofAnxiety (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 12, 2018

For Light Sedation "Was prescribed Valium 2mg to increase sleep quality as I was sleeping with my fists clenched and clenching my jaw. It seemed to put me to sleep but I noticed that I would still wake up a number of times through the night and worse; I was so irritable and angry the next day that everything frustrated me. Only took it for 2 nights. Dr felt that an increased dose would only worsen the symptoms the next day."

bpd789 (taken for less than 1 month) May 17, 2018

For Anxiety "15 years ago my mother gave me a Kolonopin to help me out on my first plane ride and the euphoria of freedom from anxiety was instantly addicting. I soon got my own RX and over the years I was up to 4mg a day and my anxiety wasn’t improving. A very incredible psychiatrist told me it was now just harming me and my tolerance was far too high and he amazingly got me off Kolonopin to taper with Valium because of the longer half-life. I’m now down to 12mg a day (from the converted 60!) and it’s been hell. I’ve never been so anxious and depressed. Though this is SADLY normal with tapering. I’m working with therapists and trying to keep on a schedule of exercise and deep breathing but I fear I’ll never be able to break free from these terrible drugs that are killing me. (I also lost 80 lbs and my BMI is under 17 after the taper.) While I hate all benzos for what they’ve done to me, Valium is definitely the lesser of all the evils."

IHateYouTooAnxiety (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 16, 2018

For Alcohol Withdrawal "Valium has been a God-send for my benzodiazepine taper. On it a Month now as of March 22,2018. It is very relaxing and mild now but at first it was very sedating for the first 5 days. I take 10mg 2x's a day. I am being tapered off of Klonopin after 12 years on that drug. K-pin is HELL to get off of alone. Glad my psych doc is open minded and dropped the k-pin immediately and switched me to Valium, after I told him about the Ashton Taper Method, and that I wanted off the Klonopin because it was giving me bad withdrawals if I missed a dose. If you are serious about getting off of benzos I URGE you to google the Ashton Taper Method."

StayHopeful (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 23, 2018

For Anxiety "I average about 10 valium pills (5mg) per month. Helps with: 1) Blood pressure spikes 2) Occasional anxiety 3) Difficultly going to sleep 4) Jetlag sleep disruption-international flights 5) Have used prior medical procedure to reduce tension & anxiety 6) Can be used when wanting to reduce alcohol consumption"

Jack (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 11, 2018

For Anxiety "Hi I take Valium (diazapam) 1.5-2.5mg every second week for a few nights to help me sleep. My insomnia had become so bad it was effecting my memory and my work during the day and increasing my anxiety. I find it really helps me sleep well and function better during the day. Also reduces my anxiety and I don’t get side effects. My recommendations to take it less often so it works when you need it. I don’t find it addictive. It does have a long half life so it can build up in your system fast so that is something to watch."

Tired (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 28, 2018

For Anxiety "The medication I stopped for a month off a taper. And just went back on it. I was sweeting perfusely, along with social anxiety, and PTSD. It has been a god sent medication, But the only down fall is that it can have bad withdrawal symptoms! But I was on xanax 4mg daily and Valium. The xanax withdrawal put me in the hospital but the Valium withdrawal is mild, but it is dangerous. Hope this helps someone in need of some advice!! Make sure it's only taken at the recommended dose and try too use it every couple of days not daily, otherwise you develop a tolerance."

Geez LA weez (taken for 10 years or more) February 20, 2018

For Anxiety "This drug helps at first but it's hell in the end! NEVER take Benzos!"

Ihatebenzos (taken for less than 1 month) January 15, 2018