User Reviews for Valium

Tetanus 6.0
Summary of Valium reviews 8.8 259 reviews

Reviews for Valium

shapel · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 3, 2020

For Anxiety: “Valium is a drug that can be a life saver or destroyer. This drug for me helps me as long as I have it under control. I find myself always having to be wary of my dosage. This allows me to pretty much go about my normal life, allows me to function, think and gives me the motivation and willingness to do the things I need to do. When on these and under control I find a lot of aspects of my life all coming together where as without it I feel helpless. Too much valium daily however leads to depersonalisation and impulsiveness. Before you know it you will be turning into something else, it is only in hindsight that this becomes apparent. As quickly as this can help improve your life it can crumble it. CONTROL YOUR DOSAGE. So if you can control yourself absolutely I would recommend but be wary it is very easy to lead yourself down the path of a benzo addiction, I have done this become clean and reused several times now.”

With it April 20, 2020

For Alcohol Withdrawal: “Valium is great to come off alcohol or any drug however you do not want to take this for more than 10 days. See therapy to sort out the real reasons your masking your hidden troubles to become FREE. Valium is a DANGEROUS ADDICTIVE drug once you have been on it more than 3/4 weeks. You will only be left with your stuff to be dealt with. Short term .”

Fluffy April 6, 2020

For Light Sedation: “Thanks for all the kind words about vallium. I think it would help me.”

Sri April 1, 2020

“My mom took Valium more than 10 years... After few years she got liver cirrhosis, then respiratory problem and severe hair fall. Now, she is no more. Please don't take this tablet for long term.”

AnxiousGuy · Taken for less than 1 month February 22, 2020

For Anxiety: “very calming and peaceful drug, no bad side effects, lasts pretty long and helps me fall asleep.”

W · Taken for 10 years or more February 13, 2020

For Night Terrors: “My life was a living lightmare until I started taking Valium. I have been on 10mg a day, taken at bedtime, for twenty years. It really is a wonder drug. I would not be here if I had not started taking it.”

Quinn · Taken for 10 years or more February 9, 2020

For Anxiety: “I have been on Valium since 2011 after the sudden passing of my husband. I have always had severe generalized anxiety and was never adequately treated for it, just given seroquel which made me non-functional. The loss of my husband exacerbated the anxiety condition and I began suffering from insomnia as well. My Dr tried me on a variety of benzodiazepine meds which didn’t last long enough in my system to give me adequate relief. We eventually gave diazepam a try and it worked so well. I started on 20mg a day and over the years I have tapered to a comfortable dose of 10mg daily. It does not make me sleepy or loopy but takes the edge off enough that I can care for my children and function in daily life. Yes there is a bit of a dependence but for me it’s worth it to be somewhat addicted rather than struggle to cope with terrible anxiety symptoms every day. I do recommend Valium as an effective anxiolytic however I would say to be aware of the potential for abuse and dependence.”

Patti January 16, 2020

For Anxiety: “Valium is highly addictive and dangerous even deadly.”

Lolly · Taken for 5 to 10 years December 30, 2019

For Anxiety: “I have been suffering with Bi-polar, Severe Depression & Severe Anxiety for many years now & have been put on & tried many different drugs by Dr's BUT the only thing that works is Valium & I take up to three 5 mgs per day & I feel so so GOOD. I can function I am way more productive & I actually get out & talk to people which is normally a no no for me. I also get a great appetite which I don't have if I don't take any. I was under a great Psychiatrist for many years until he retired I then had to move to the country where it was extremely hard to even find a GP but I finally did but have had to go private & he has put me onto a barrage of new Dr's to see in the New Year who are all private as well so I am stressed about paying for all of these at the moment & getting the new GP to give me any Valium is like asking for his kidney but on 2 rare occasions he has given ten 10mg Temazepam's which did help but I had to stretch them out.”

Valium · Taken for 10 years or more December 28, 2019

For Anxiety: “Been taking Valium since April, 1969 after I blacked out while working for NASA. This is Jan., 2019, tried to lower the dose so limit my use. During Two weeks I had another blackout. Once I started talking Valium I had no other issue's with think clear, nor had any more black outs. I am a Viet Nam Veteran, 77 years old. Some doctors will not give you Valium if you are 75 years old.”

Painman · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 21, 2019

For Anxiety: “I have been dependent on morphine and oxycodone in high doses for 20 years than someone suggested suboxone worst decision of my life. I was on it for 8 months and it worked as directed,I was very happy but started reading about PAWS (Post-acute-withdrawal syndrome) and started to wean down well anxiety, panic attacks and confusion hit me like a ton of bricks. Bupernephrine is a horrible drug to get off of. I would rather have gone thru full opiate detox than those. Tried Klonopin, Xanax both were a waste and very addicting! But I was tried on one 10 mg Valium and I have not felt that normal in ages. I am very leary of any pharmaceutical and don’t take it daily sometimes I put it away for a month. It has truly given my life back but I’m still on a drug. I want to be off everything and I don’t know if that will ever be. But for now I’m not clenching my teeth all day and tossing all night so I’m grateful. Thanks doc for taking a risk on me.”

Sunshine December 16, 2019

“PLEASE DO NOT TAKE THIS HORRIFIC DRUG OR ANY BENZO! 5 years ago I cold turkeyed off 5 mg of Valium which I only used as a sleep aid. I literally lost one year of my life experiencing over 150 bizarre withdrawal symptoms and I never had one of these symptoms prior to taking this drug. Some of the symptoms I experienced were chemical anxiety, tachycardia, auditory hallucinations, extreme fear, weight loss, SEVERE hair loss, tachycardia, chest pains, body aches, memory loss, I suddenly could not spell, could not formulate sentences, difficulty walking, flu like symptoms, bone pain, night sweats, muscle jerks and hundred more symptoms. I am happy to report that all of these symptoms did abate but it took one year. Valium and all benzos are only to be used short term less than 14 days. Also google Benzo buddies they helped save my life, find out about the Ashton Manual to withdraw. PLEASE EDUCATE yourself about benzo's..”

Penny · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 12, 2019

For Anxiety: “I have suffered with extreme social anxiety for as long as I can remember. Valium has been the only medication that has given me some peace of mind & comfort.”

DJ · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 2, 2019

For Anxiety: “This drug almost killed me, as did the psychiatrist who prescribed it. In early 2017 I started with this new doctor who completely changed my psych regimen after a difficult move and sudden loss of a sister to a drug overdose. He started me on low dose Valium. It did work, but right away problems were showing. Soon enough I was hooked and popping these like life savers. My wife expressed concern about it, and what did the doctor do? He increased the dosage and quantity. Soon I was getting through the day with up to thirty pills. I experienced multi organ failure earlier this summer, and subsequent heart failure. My primary doctor recommended a new psychiatrist, who was shocked at my regimen. He said he wouldn’t see me until I had beaten the addiction. It was tough. He has since switched me to buspirone, although maxed out at 60mg. Valium may work in the short term, but just don’t do it. It’s a destroyer.”

Anonymous · Taken for 10 years or more November 30, 2019

For Muscle Spasm: “Valium work amazing for spasms. Try to take them only when you need to. They are more effective to take as prescribed. I am not a Dr.”

Eyebeautyblogs12 · Taken for less than 1 month November 27, 2019

For Anxiety: “I can’t say this medicine Is horrible for everyone but I can say that I got the unlucky end of the stick. This medicine actually made my anxiety worse! I literally felt like I was losing my mind. I couldn’t sleep at night because my fight or flight response wouldn’t stop rushing through my body and It made me have horrible panic attacks. It got to a point I had to call the EMS because my heart rate went up to 170....I was excited to try the medicine from the reviews because I wanted the relief and calm mind but I will never take this medicine again.”

Relaxed November 26, 2019

For Anxiety: “I'm a Vietnam vet. Panic anxiety attacks. This medication Valium works very well with me. it is truly the only medication that I have taken that takes the insomnia away I can relax I can go about my day it works very well I'm very well pleased with it I have no more anxiety panic attacks. I take 10 mg two times a day... And since I'm a veteran all my medication is free so I paid nothing for it..”

Kennycoco · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 22, 2019

For Anxiety: “Helps great once it kicks in for my anxiety would not recommend this medication for panic attacks as it can take 35 min to An hour to kick in”

Nick November 18, 2019

For Status Epilepticus: “I used to have a brain tumor when I was in high school, and since then I suffer extreme panic disorder, status epilepticus, and was recently diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. I take 15 to 20 mg daily, along with Klonopin. The Valium helps when I have continuous seizures and muscle spasms in my legs because of my M.S. The klonopin helps for my seizures as well. I was born with a deficiency in my GABA receptors, which is why I am taking both. The Valium gives me no side effects and helps my muscle spasms so much. I used to be in tears every night because I was in so much pain. It has helped me regain partial control of my life again, and I got back on the deans list at my university. I hope this helps as much as it is helping me.”

Lennyg · Taken for 10 years or more November 13, 2019

For Muscle Spasm: “Been using Valium for over 25 years for sciatica and anxiety. Saved me from potential hospital visits for both my conditions. I use 10 mg about 3 to 4 times a week. I have stopped when conditions were better for up to a month without any withdrawal problems. Valium is a wonder drug when not in the hands of abusers who get all the attention necessary to cause its false accusations as a problem drug. It is a problem for some just as alcohol is a problem for many that cannot restrain from abuse. It should be unlawful for employers to define what medications my doctor prescribes to me or anyone. We have let the lawyers and the ignorant decide what allows us to survive in this chaos of repression we call a free society. Robot doctors are overriding the decisions prescribed by my doctor of over 40 years. Hippocratic oaths are now broken in the name of government infringement on our rights. ”

Babthoondai · Taken for less than 1 month November 5, 2019

For Muscle Spasm: “Ultra relaxation from irritant back pain”

Anonymous October 23, 2019

For Anxiety: “Yes very helpful”

Sam · Taken for 10 years or more October 1, 2019

For Status Epilepticus: “Have been on epilim since 12 yo, I'm 50 now. Dose 3000 a day. I would have occasional huge violent seizures . Until valium was introduced as well with the epilim I take and I haven't had a fit for nearly 6 yrs.”

Magwell68 · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 26, 2019

For Anxiety: “In 2015, my surgeon gave me 10mg Valium to help with post-op anxiety. I took it twice, but 10mg knocked me out, so I’d split the pill and take 5mg. I also have severe anxiety and depression and am prone to panic attacks, but I’d never taken meds for it (never asked). I had a couple panic attacks during recovery, took 5mg Valium, and it was like night and day. In 15 minutes I felt calm, relaxed and “normal” again. I rarely have panic attacks now, but my anxiety can be severe, so I’ll take a 1/4 pill (2.5mg), and it takes the edge off. I find the effects last for quite a while, and rarely have to take more than 2.5mg/day, and rarely take it more than 2 days in a row. I feel “normal” most of the time, but when my anxiety is too high, I’m glad I have it to take the edge off. I don’t have an addictive personality, so I don’t know if I’d ever feel like I “had to” take it to feel good, I just take it when nothing else is helping my level of anxiety go down.”

Pleasebecareful · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 14, 2019

For Anxiety: “Valium is a great anti-anxiety medication, but please be aware and take the medication very sparingly, like if you are going out or driving or going to a gig ONE TIME. Whatever you do, DON'T take these pre-emptively and NEVER EVER take these daily. 2.5mg of Valium for once-off anxiety is great. Use it no more than ONE time for ONE month, and you should be fine. I recommend not using Valium for more than two days in a row, otherwise you will get addicted, and Valium is a nightmare to get off of if you are addicted. You will need to slow taper off of it if you have been taking this long-term, and this can take months or years. Check out Benzo Buddies for the horror stories. Don't drink any alcohol whilst taking this either, as both substances potentiate each other, making both stronger. Please, please be careful.”