User Reviews for Valium

6.5
Tetanus 1 reviews 18 medications

Summary of Valium reviews 198 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Valium

For Anxiety "I take Valium 2mg PRN for panic attacks. I was nervous about using it. I also had this warped idea that I would be labeled a pill head for taking a drug like Valium. I can honestly say that Valium is a life saver. The first time I took it all I could think about was how I regretted not taking it sooner. I can actually live my life now. You have to be careful though. It is very easy to build a tolerance to it. Use the lowest amount you need, because You would be surprised how much of a difference 1 mg will make. I have been trying to use it as a tool rather than a crutch. I also have ADD and Valium helps me fall asleep at night when I feel restless"

Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa May 20, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "I have bipolar 2, generalized anxiety disorder and suffer panic attacks. I am given Valium 5mg to take 'when needed'. While I feel it works well on generalized (mild to moderate) anxiety, it's not the most effective medication to take to during acute episodes like in a panic attack. I feel the 5mg isn't enough. Also if you take it even every few days, it pretty quickly becomes less effective meaning you may have to increase the dose. I now take 10mg as needed. It's very helpful, and I find it to be very effective, but perhaps not strong enough during acute panic attacks, but in general this medication is a blessing."

Kieran P May 12, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "Suffering 16 years ago from PTSD after being told in hospital that I only had 30 mins before I would die, I was a wreck when I came home and lived in fear and terror, shortness of breath, uncontrollable shaking, extreme nausea, body aching all over, doctor and specialist visits - had every test known to the medical world, all came back normal. Finally a friend suggested I try Zoloft and after a week I felt myself starting to feel normal again and after six months I gave it up, but since then I periodically have PTSD symptoms and 5mg of Valium (don't buy generic diazepam) on those days has been my life saver. God bless you Pfizer Pharmaceuticals!"

Kathy Hillyer (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 24, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Muscle Spasm "My new GP has been recommending Valium for over a year for chronic mid-back/facet joint paint and intermittent neck pain (bad disks from C3-C5) and sciatica/torn labrum at right hip, but I resisted her recommendation. The chronic back pain flares every night, and often wakes me up and forces me out of bed. It takes several hours for the pain to recede every morning, which is demoralizing. Three nights ago I started taking 5 mg of valium at bedtime, and each morning I've awakened with less and less pain so that I'm hardly taking any pain medication during the day. Fingers crossed that I can continue to take this dose at bedtime - the other testimonials on this website are giving me hope that this might be the case!! Hallelujah!"

CA Mom April 4, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "I try not to use them often, I usually just try to put up with my anxiety because I don't want to go on antidepressants as none of them have worked for my anxiety and made my mood worse. So I find Valium when I really need it fantastic, it is quick and no side effects for me. It's a pity the doctors don't like prescribing it, people who abuse it make it hard for someone like me who really needs it in times of severe anxiety."

krissy74 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 29, 2017

43 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Temporomandibular Joint Disorder "TMJ causes me to wake up w/ a headache every single morning from grinding my teeth. My primary care had prescribed Ambien because of my sleep issues (inability to get to sleep, tinnitus) but when I began treatment for TMJ I was told that Ambien promotes bruxism (grinding the teeth and clenching the jaw). At least I'm sleeping. So my TMJ Dr prescribed valium to help me get to sleep and keep me from grinding (hopefully during the night). I have never had much luck w/ low doses of valium...given for MRI's, etc....to get me to the point of relaxation I have to take more than I am comfortable w/ due to the possibility of addiction....but what do you do? I feel damned if I do and damned if I don't. I still wake up w/ a headache though not as severe and not every day, just most days."

3poodles March 29, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Muscle Spasm "It appears to help out until you go to get off it. You may feel withdrawal sypmtoms, or may not. It took the second week to feel the symptoms. Doctors either no nothing about this or pretend to know nothing"

maryjuneopper March 28, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Light Sedation "Take 2mg at night to help get to sleep. Works well but leaves me with a "hangover" for a few hours every morning."

PeterB10 March 28, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Temporomandibular Joint Disorder "I have very serious flare ups of TMJD from time to time. I was originally diagnosed years ago when it was chronic. These days when I wake up with a really bad flare up I can't even close my jaw the muscles are so inflamed. I cannot get my teeth to meet up on that side it's so bad. A small amount of Valium (2.5mg) combined with 20 min of jaw relaxation exercises and positioning exercises help with the pain.... like really help a lot. I still won't be able to close my jaw for a day or two but the pain reduces significantly. A word of warning, use Valium only when absolutely needed and I've found that less is more. Taking it daily or in higher doses and you will lose its value due to tolerance. It's a tool in the toolbox not a magic fix."

JustMeOfMe March 5, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Muscle Spasm "Silver bullet for lumbar muscular spasm. 5mg at bedtime."

Jésus im Edimbourgo March 2, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "Excellent for obsessive thinking"

Lucy goosy (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 22, 2017

33 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "I've suffered social anxiety for years and just battled on. Then someone smashed into my car from behind while in traffic and I started having awful panic attacks. I didn't really know what they were at first but I was struggling badly. Eventually things calmed down but a hugely stressful life situation caused the attacks to flair up again. I finally sought help and was prescribed 2mg diazepam, 1 - 2 Tabs for an attack. I will barely take a headache tablet I was extremely worried about using Valium. But it's absolutely amazing. Use it with caution, take as little as possible and stop and see what happens. I can take half a tablet (1mg) to completely stop panic episodes that have built up over time. Be careful and it will serve you well."

Wu2 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 3, 2017

60 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "I was suicidal aged 25. Anxiety and Depression. Diazepam saved my life. I started on 5mg 3 Times a day for a week cut down to 2 for a week then one at night under doctors orders. Also one Prozac in the mornings 20 mg. I felt better straight away. Don't let anyone scare you from taking Diazepam, yes they are addictive BUT my quality of life since taking it has been as a (normal) person. I really can't praise it enough as I know I wouldn't be here and living a good life without it. If the tablets help then why not take them. Thanks for reading."

Wot sit January 17, 2017

84 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "I'm new to anxiety, having to recover from leg surgerys for long periods of time without getting out of my room much, I had my first anxiety /panic attack after 8 weeks in bed. After a trip to the hospital, I was then placed on valium, many times per day at the beginning but just a few months later I use them as needed. Maybe 2 per day. I have another surgery coming up and will be down again for only 8 weeks total. But this time I have prepared for more visitors as well as I will be mobile soon after surgery. I'm keeping my valium for now and hoping to get away from them during my physical therapy."

Greg W January 10, 2017

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Muscle Spasm "Valium has helped my spasms in my back better than any other muscle relaxers. I have been taken it 10+ years and after that long of use I really never get the sedation that I did when I started taking it. I take 10mg 3 times daily and have not found anything yet that works well for me."

rodney58 (taken for 10 years or more) January 3, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "Works fast and is best thing that I have tried for my panic attacks"

Kindhearted December 30, 2016

60 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "The last time I took it, it worked very well. It took a lot longer to kick in than xanax, but also kept working longer. It also helped with some of my chronic pain, which was nice."

espresso_dreams (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 27, 2016

44 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "To anyone scared of taking this infamous drug (which I was) - you won't lose your sobriety, it just slows down your brain. This means it's great for situations where you risk creating phobia instead of familiarity (new places, new people). I'm armed with all the tools I need for knowing what my body and brain need as things happen (self-reassurance, gratitude, understanding, catching my own cogs before they turn, time out, etc) but you can't always choose when sensory overload will happen. As a pre-emptive measure this will be a useful tool for me when I know things'll be too handle even with an arsenal of knowledge to tackle the triggers."

Chris37297 December 15, 2016

70 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "I have severe GAD since my teens but it really hit me harder in my early 20's, I had been taking generic Valium for 8 yrs then got into a psychiatrist at first he switched me over to Xanax 1mg 3X daily which works for immediate panic attacks but would wear off very quickly and I would wake up first thing in the morning with my heart racing and had to take 1, I told him this and got switched back to my original dose of Valium which lasts all day, 1 and a half 10mg in the morning and the same at night and I no longer had to wake-up first thing for my meds, and they pretty much prevent my panic attacks unlike the Xanax.I can function just fine and work with people now that I'm at the right dose and not be self conscience great medication!"

Toyotaman (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 1, 2016

48 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "I'm 24, and have PTSD, bipolar and anxiety disorder. I have recently had the scariest panic attacks, 911 calls and ER visits. So bad I thought I was dying...every night. I took klonodopin and it didn't help. My doctor prescribed this today and I haven't feel this relaxed or not in fear in a long time. I'm thankful to this medication. I couldn't handle it anymore. Nothing else has helped."

Morgan Danielle November 30, 2016

66 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "Thank you Valium!"

Angelo23 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 21, 2016

23 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "I have very severe anxiety that has landed me in the ER plenty of times before I was diagnosed with being in an "Anxiety State". My first medication was Ativan and I loved it but they switched me to 5mg Valium. I can function more on Valium. I take 1 during an attack and I'm calm for 5-6 days. I get very relaxed and I sleep great! So far I really like it. It says No Refills on my bottle so after I go through the 19 pills I have left idk what they'll have me take. So I'm with a therapist for now that I meet with once a week for now."

AnxiousReality (taken for less than 1 month) November 3, 2016

27 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Muscle Spasm "I suffer from 'restless leg syndrome' and 5 or 10 mgs of diazapam when I go to bed really helps. I suffer it about 5 times a year and it lasts a week or 2."

Mattoko October 23, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "I took Valium for almost 3 years and it helped my anxiety. I started on 5mg three times a day then that increased to 4 times a day. I started waking in the early morning thinking I had bad pills because they weren't working. I found out I was in tolerance and started having tolerance withdrawal. It's very hard to come off. I tried to stop cold turkey and on day 3 it felt like I had been shocked with a cattle prod. I went back to 15 mg and started a slow taper. Added remeron for sleep while tapering. I would steer clear from benzos and find something else for anxiety, these should not be taken for long periods of time.It make your world a better place to be and forget life's problems for a short time but you will face consequences later."

Geddy lifeson (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 13, 2016

50 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "I was first prescribed Valium about 18 months ago to assist with combating panic disorder. My personal experience with generic brands of the drug have been, without a doubt, excellent. I believe my improvements are due to the combination of Valium, regular CBT therapy, and making consistent changes (ie pushing myself socially, improving diet and exercise). Many of us, can become overly reliant on medication, so I feel a holistic approach is needed for real, long term results. However, for moderate to severe anxiety/panic attacks, Valium is INCREDIBLE. Gives a true, gradual calming effect, with no grogginess or next-day hangover. The effect can only be described as feeling clear-headed. Definitely worth a try."

PsychStudent04 September 26, 2016