User Reviews for Valium

Tetanus

1 review 18 medications
Summary of Valium reviews 8.7 221 reviews

Reviews for Valium

For Muscle Spasm "It is the only thing that works for me when my back flares up and still allows me to function mentally so I can work. I’ve taken it off and on as needed during flare ups for years with no side effects or withdrawal when I discontinue. I don’t leave home without it just in case!"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 4, 2018

For Alcohol Withdrawal "This medication reduced my withdrawal symptoms significantly, Although I still had some anxiety. Valium reduced tremors, sweating, insomnia and agitation."

SJH (taken for less than 1 month) August 27, 2018

For Anxiety "I have been taking it sparingly for years, just 1 (max. 2) mg to send me asleep when stressed out and anxious, nowadays, with horrible tinnitus. The longest I took it was 6 days on the trot for extreme anxiety. It helps to calm down my stomach, the life-sapping stress response in the body. Then, I have a big break, try to use some of the CBT techniques I learned, then again, when it gets too much. It saved my ass many times. In the meantime drink herbal teas (Melissa, nettle, Valerian) and try to exercise (walking, cycling) and eat healthy foods (lots of vegetables, fruit in moderation and organic meats, nuts, seeds, unpasteurized cheese, etc.). I am so pleased that it is helping other people. There are times when you just cannot do it on your own. It can be hard but I hope there is a light at the end of the tunnel."

XX (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 15, 2018

For Alcohol Withdrawal "Diazepam got me off my addiction of Xanax (9 years) and it also calms alcohol withdrawal effects."

Franklin77 August 11, 2018

For Anxiety "Valium is the best benzo I've ever tried for anxiety and panic attacks. it blows ativan out of the water. Valium 5 to 10mg as needed is perfect."

SAm (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 30, 2018

For Anxiety "I was diagnosed with anxiety, depression, panic attacks & PTSD. This medicine has helped me tremendously. Only take 2mg as needed & haven’t had any addiction problems. Often times when I get so worked up my family members & doctors remind me to take Valium. I use it as a last resort only when I can’t calm myself down, so I am definitely not addicted. I only have to take it a few times a month. For me 2 mg can keep me calm for 2 To 3 days. It helped me go back to work and go out in public places. It has given me a part of my life back. It does not make me sleepy and I have not had any side effects. This is the best medication I have ever taken for my anxiety& my depression. It has helped me live life again."

TiredofAnxiety (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 12, 2018

For Light Sedation "Was prescribed Valium 2mg to increase sleep quality as I was sleeping with my fists clenched and clenching my jaw. It seemed to put me to sleep but I noticed that I would still wake up a number of times through the night and worse; I was so irritable and angry the next day that everything frustrated me. Only took it for 2 nights. Dr felt that an increased dose would only worsen the symptoms the next day."

bpd789 (taken for less than 1 month) May 17, 2018

For Anxiety "15 years ago my mother gave me a Kolonopin to help me out on my first plane ride and the euphoria of freedom from anxiety was instantly addicting. I soon got my own RX and over the years I was up to 4mg a day and my anxiety wasn’t improving. A very incredible psychiatrist told me it was now just harming me and my tolerance was far too high and he amazingly got me off Kolonopin to taper with Valium because of the longer half-life. I’m now down to 12mg a day (from the converted 60!) and it’s been hell. I’ve never been so anxious and depressed. Though this is SADLY normal with tapering. I’m working with therapists and trying to keep on a schedule of exercise and deep breathing but I fear I’ll never be able to break free from these terrible drugs that are killing me. (I also lost 80 lbs and my BMI is under 17 after the taper.) While I hate all benzos for what they’ve done to me, Valium is definitely the lesser of all the evils."

IHateYouTooAnxiety (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 16, 2018

For Alcohol Withdrawal "Valium has been a God-send for my benzodiazepine taper. On it a Month now as of March 22,2018. It is very relaxing and mild now but at first it was very sedating for the first 5 days. I take 10mg 2x's a day. I am being tapered off of Klonopin after 12 years on that drug. K-pin is HELL to get off of alone. Glad my psych doc is open minded and dropped the k-pin immediately and switched me to Valium, after I told him about the Ashton Taper Method, and that I wanted off the Klonopin because it was giving me bad withdrawals if I missed a dose. If you are serious about getting off of benzos I URGE you to google the Ashton Taper Method."

StayHopeful (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 23, 2018

For Anxiety "I average about 10 valium pills (5mg) per month. Helps with: 1) Blood pressure spikes 2) Occasional anxiety 3) Difficultly going to sleep 4) Jetlag sleep disruption-international flights 5) Have used prior medical procedure to reduce tension & anxiety 6) Can be used when wanting to reduce alcohol consumption"

Jack (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 11, 2018

For Anxiety "Hi I take Valium (diazapam) 1.5-2.5mg every second week for a few nights to help me sleep. My insomnia had become so bad it was effecting my memory and my work during the day and increasing my anxiety. I find it really helps me sleep well and function better during the day. Also reduces my anxiety and I don’t get side effects. My recommendations to take it less often so it works when you need it. I don’t find it addictive. It does have a long half life so it can build up in your system fast so that is something to watch."

Tired (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 28, 2018

For Anxiety "The medication I stopped for a month off a taper. And just went back on it. I was sweeting perfusely, along with social anxiety, and PTSD. It has been a god sent medication, But the only down fall is that it can have bad withdrawal symptoms! But I was on xanax 4mg daily and Valium. The xanax withdrawal put me in the hospital but the Valium withdrawal is mild, but it is dangerous. Hope this helps someone in need of some advice!! Make sure it's only taken at the recommended dose and try too use it every couple of days not daily, otherwise you develop a tolerance."

Geez LA weez (taken for 10 years or more) February 20, 2018

For Anxiety "This drug helps at first but it's hell in the end! NEVER take Benzos!"

Ihatebenzos (taken for less than 1 month) January 15, 2018

For Night Terrors "This was for my Heroin Addiction, insomnia, night terrors. It helped me with sleeping, eating, irritability and the major Depression."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 2, 2018

For Anxiety "Having anxiety my whole life I never sought help and always hid it. Eventually it led to depression which I covered up too. The final nail in my coffin was when I acquired a parasitic infection in my gut l. The infection left me with permanent irritable bowel syndrome which I suffer from every day. For a year straight I seen numerous nerve pain experts and probably had 100 pill bottles in my drawer which nothing helped. My first psychiatrist started to prescribe medicines I already tried which I denied then asked for 5mg valium. Miracle drug that took all pain away, physical and mental. After 2 years decided to stop which was a devil's ride to hell. Miracle drug with insane withdrawal when stopped even tapering. Back to being miserable now."

Anxietysux (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 7, 2017

For Muscle Spasm "I have CP on my right side and down my back along with scoliosis and a bad pars defect for the pain and spasms I take methadone and diclofenac for the pain lyrica for the neuropathy and Valium soma and cannabis for the spasms. I’ve been on the Valium the longest. It’s a double edge sword in that I use it for anxiety and spasms. Before it I was on all the other standard benzodiazepines. Pound for pound it is the safest benzo to be on. It lasts the longest in ur system and self tapers meaning that withdrawal from it are easier than say Xanax or klonipin. I’ve been on Valium for almost 10 years and it has helped tremendously. With it I can get out of bed every day and have quality of life. Recently I switched from generic to name brand"

Kaiser soze (taken for 10 years or more) December 3, 2017

For Muscle Spasm "I was put on Valium 5 mg. ( generic Diazepam) twice daily for 2 reasons. Severe muscle spasms, and anxiety. It works well for sleeping, and I do not wake up feeling hung over like I was on Robaxin. I am a Nurse's Aide and Valium can be highly addictive, so I only take it as needed when spasms and anxiety are bad."

Montysd (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 3, 2017

For Meniere's Disease "I've had Severe Vertigo for 3.5 Months, I'm in a nursing home that does not believe some of the best Doctors at Yale so I Had 7 days of Relief!!!! A Neurology appointment at Hospital is in Mar. 2018, I will have Vertigo for close to 7 Months, Yes I will be suing the Nursing Home, because Yale will prescribe Valium again, and the rest home WILL NOT GIVE IT!!! PS, I'm also a Licenced Private Pilot and Vertigo was a Prime study section to Obtain your Private Pilot Certificate, Thanks, Jack"

Jack C. (taken for less than 1 month) November 29, 2017

For Muscle Spasm "I take 5mg as needed at bedtime. I have severe muscle spasms, shoulder, and neck pain. I use aleve, advil, and diclofenac and still have pain. I was waking up with terrible tension headaches before using this. I only take it when I feel the tension at night. Regarding other comments on addiction - I have taken benzos for YEARS (on/off and never daily) and I have never become addicted. If taken only as needed, it's a great drug."

SunflowerRN (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 26, 2017

For Anxiety "My blood pressure was 270/120 and had to work through many drugs before this one lowered my anxiety and blood pressure. At 20 mg a day usually take all at night time for sleep to. Side effects sometimes headache. Strong addiction and should be weaned off it slowly or your head will hurt non stop for a month. A nightmare to stop cold. It lasts eight times longer than Xanax or Klonopin they are two brothers not to mess with. At first you may have the sedated effect before you become more resistant to the drug. Where you get the drug also makes a difference. Some stores give the yellow tablet which melts in mouth as clean as water. Other stores have an orange tablet that tastes like paper. Walmart has the good one and some grocery but not CVS."

Brian H.H. September 10, 2017

For Anxiety "Was previously on lorazapam and switched to Valium in February. Since then I never felt relief and suffered every day from anxiety. It didn't matter if I took 2mg or 12mg I didn't feel better and in fact I felt more anxiety. A week ago I decided to stop it cold turkey and every day since I have felt 90% better. I'm going through some withdrawal like tinnitus and night time sweats but I wake up better and have been feeling happiness. I strongly recommend staying off any benzodiazepine and if you are going to take it, only for bad panic attacks. Never take them daily as they are very addictive and quite difficult to get off of. They say that benzos are more difficult to get off of than heroin. Try Gabapentin for anxiety."

PM17 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 4, 2017

For Anxiety "I have suffered with anxiety and severe panic attacks for many years. It is a GODSEND. Initially anyway. I have noticed over the years I've had to increase the dose I take (which I've never taken daily). 5mg of diazepam (Valium) never did much for me. But 7.5mg used to have a perfect effect. These days I need 15mg for that same affect. Its a shame. And I thought I wasn't abusing it because I didn't take it daily. (Generally 2 or 3 times a week, depending how I felt). I'm still giving it a high rating for the many times its helped me. But even taking it as PRN has eventually caught up on me. If I don't take it for several days I start feeling sick. Devastated to lose a medication that can work so well."

PatchRight (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 2, 2017

For Muscle Spasm "You know perfectly well this drug is HELL and the withdrawal of it is obscene if you even make it. How DARE Doctors not let patients know this up front. It is criminal. For years this withdrawal issue has been known and HIDDEN from patients and even doctors. It has ruined my life and many others. MILLIONS of others. SPEAK UP."

maryjuneopper August 4, 2017

For Anxiety "I used to be on Klonopin for years and I think it helped but I'm not sure since I was also on Paxil. It came to a point where neither were working for me even at higher dosages so I started taking Ativan. This really helped my anxiety but it would come back every morning. Eventually I hit tolerance and had to increase it. Eventually I hit tolerance again and I found myself feeling more anxious than ever. I decided it was time to get off. The doctor put me on Valium because it's easier to taper off than any other benzo. He suggested I could take anywhere from 4mg to 10mg per day. I slowly tapered down to 1.5mg but I was miserable. I reinstated and went back up to 6mg and have also tried 10mg and it has never worked for me. Stay away from it"

PaulMartin16 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 1, 2017

For Anxiety "I take Valium 2mg PRN for panic attacks. I was nervous about using it. I also had this warped idea that I would be labeled a pill head for taking a drug like Valium. I can honestly say that Valium is a life saver. The first time I took it all I could think about was how I regretted not taking it sooner. I can actually live my life now. You have to be careful though. It is very easy to build a tolerance to it. Use the lowest amount you need, because You would be surprised how much of a difference 1 mg will make. I have been trying to use it as a tool rather than a crutch. I also have ADD and Valium helps me fall asleep at night when I feel restless"

Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa May 20, 2017