User Reviews for Valium

6.5
Tetanus 1 reviews 18 medications

Summary of Valium reviews 167 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Valium

For Anxiety "I can't eat or be around a lot of people with out it or zannex. Zannex is good but doesn't last as long. My Mom even said while I was on diazepam, it's good to see a smile on your face:-)! It may may make you feel kind of goofy for a couple days but after that it just helps. The sedation subsides as well. A very tolerable medication that really does help. Trust me!"

Austin j (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 15, 2016

For Anxiety "I am a newbie to Valium. Just took my first dose today, 10 mg. The doctor prescribed it for the acute anxiety attacks I have once in a while. I have generalized anxiety disorder mixed with bipolar disorder. I take Pristiq for the anxiety and it has helped but it doesn't cover everything. When I'm anxious I cannot go outside and become bedridden. I am also on 70mg of Vyvanse for ADD and it took the doctor some time to be convinced of the benefits of taking a benzo. You know, the whole upper/downer concern. I took my Valium in the evening when the Vyvanse was wearing off. It worked wonders. It kicked in 15 minutes upon taking it. the only side effect is that I feel a little wobbly when standing. But the fact that I am calm makes up for it"

Tmangione (taken for less than 1 month) July 12, 2016

For Anxiety "Date: 07-08-2016...Re Valium: I have been taking Valium for the past three years as I suffer from Generalized Anxiety Disorder. I very seldom take Valium. Like, 4 mg a week or 4 mg twice a week or I can go a month without taking it. It is very subtle, it will start working after 20 minutes which has been my experience. Valium does melt my anxiety and panicky feelings away even at 4 mg. After taking it, I would feel like my old self. I tried to score it by 2 mg; however, it is not effective. I think those who try it the first time should go 4 mg or 5 mg. I am also taking an SSRI for my anxiety condition. SSRI is not perfect. Some days are tough so I tough it out by not taking a Valium. If you don't abuse it, you can take it for life."

Be Strong July 8, 2016

For Light Anesthesia "My husband was given one valium (I don't know dosage ... family never knows much) prior to IVC removal. As soon as procedure was complete he was very weak and short of breath and continues to be. He feels terrible and cannot walk more than 5-6 feet. He is epileptic and the doctor knows this. From what I now understand valium shouldn't be given to seizure patients, and increased shortness of breath is a side effect. I hope we never have to go through another experience like this. At least, we know to refuse valium from now on."

Anonymous June 28, 2016

For Anxiety "I've tried all the benzos to treat my panic attacks, and this one I chose to settle on. It's the most mild on my system. The effects are subtle, but they successfully address the anxiety without making me too tired. I try not too take more than 2 10mg pills per week. I also take 200mg Lamictal and 20mg Prozac, which lessened the instances of panic."

bobby1977 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 17, 2016

For Muscle Spasm "This is ny preferred muscle relaxer when I deal with sciatica flare ups. Was prescribed flexiril once and it did nothing for me in 4 days. Asked the doctor to switch me to this and she gave me a 6 day predisone pack and halfway through 6 days of that and the valium and I am starting to feel way better."

Shughart (taken for less than 1 month) June 17, 2016

For Anxiety "I have a very positive experience with Valium. I'm taking it 8 years now, only as needed. This medication allows my to relax and socialize. But..."God over everything" is my motto."

Sweeteamint (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 13, 2016

For Meniere's Disease "Valium worked. But can no longer afford the brand. So, I have to try the generic. Time will tell if it works. The brand cost at this time is $204. The cost for the generic is $30. Insurance will pay for the generic not Valium. The generic does not work the same."

Dizzy Dee May 16, 2016

For Anxiety "My doctor will not prescribe medicine for my panic attacks. I have depression and when I have a panic attack have trouble breathing. Doctors will not prescribe valium for these attacks because he says they are addictive. This is crazy. I am not a drug addict and need something to help me thru these attacks. What to do. Maybe a little lead to the head would take care of these attacks."

Puttintain May 14, 2016

For Anxiety "I current take this medication to stay calm. I have bad anxiety due to some ptsd related issues. I've tried em all from Ativan-Xanax, and this medication works well. I currently take a generic brand. The brand is TEVA. I did not like the Mylan brand, for it was chalky and was weak. TEVA is a great generic Valium and it helps very well for people struggling from anxiety disorder. I hope this helps somebody."

TLed47 March 6, 2016

For Anxiety "Used for 17yrs, worked well at first but needed increased doses as I became tolerant,held the same dose for past 7 yrs then suddenly became acutely anxious and agoraphobic dose was increased again but only result was awful unsteadiness on my feet. Finally was told that some people get withdrawal symptoms even whilst taking the same dose and it seems that is the problem I have,never been this ill in my life and now i face having to taper off it which scares me, my experience and opinion is it was fine short term but long term caused me more problems than it ever solved."

Mel77007 February 23, 2016

For Anxiety "Increased quality of my life after trying several antidepressants (did nothing helpful at all!). Side effects made matters worse despite doing nothing for my chronic anxiety due to bouts of cancer."

Johnny Jo February 18, 2016

For Anxiety "I love this medication and it frustrates me that it is shunned upon so heavily by most doctors and mental health practitioners. Its true the withdrawals can be incredibly bad but if not abused, this medication is a god send for those with anxiety. I have strong mood issues and while I try to meditate / exercise / eat small regular meals / keep busy and be active etc. which helps most days, sometimes it just doesn't cut it when I'm having a extreme anxiety and just need to relax. I was prescribed 5mg for travel (panic attacks flying) but I cut that in 1/4 and just take 1.25mg occasionally here and there when I need it. That's all you need and I find it does the job amazingly."

186MKR February 7, 2016

93 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Meniere's Disease "I have been dealing with symptoms of Meniere's Disease for 30 years and until three years ago no Dr. could properly diagnose the issue. When I was 5 years old I suffered a concussion, when I was 13 years old I suffered another concussion from a 90 mph fastball to the head. Shortly after the incident at 13 years old I started having intermittent & recurring symptoms of vertigo & hearing loss in my left ear (same side as both injuries). My parents thought I was a typical stubborn teen until they took me to have my hearing tested and found I had 30db of hearing loss. Two years ago I started experiencing unexplained falls and roaring in my ear. The Dr found 60 Db & said it is Meniere's. The Dr prescribed low dose Valium. It changed my life!"

MyLife212 January 28, 2016

For Anxiety "I had pain in my stomach no one could diagnose for three months. I was put on SSRI that made me worse an I lost 35 pounds with no appetite. Pain one day released and I became extremely anxious . by taking a small dose of Valium in the am and pm I am so much better also was given Dr Claire Weeks book which helped. I never thought I would recover hang in there."

Jeri jo January 17, 2016

For Muscle Spasm "During my cancer treatment, valium was prescribed to me for muscles spasms. It only took about 10 minutes to start working, it has done the job very well for me. I've been able to do my physical therapy with minimal pain , and soon hope to be pain-free!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2016

For Muscle Spasm "Valium works for me I have a panic disorder and I was taking Ativan (Lorazepam) in the US. since 2004. And my psychiatrist changed it to Diazepam) 10 mg sometimes 5mg since I have lived in Manila,Philippines. I have to wean off Lorazepam for awhile since you can't just stop Lorazepam right away and there is no Lorazepam here in Manila. Diazepam is the answer so I have switch to it. It works really well.."

Rdsn January 14, 2016

For Anxiety "I was given this for GAD, 5mg twice daily. It works great for anxiety and for sleep. I'm authorized 15mg daily but normally I take 10 as described above. Before this I tried lie 20 different medications and they all gave me several side effects until the Doc gave me this one. Mild muscle relaxer which I also need, god for sleep and awake on day time when need to be awake and alert. Sure, if I lay back on day time after taking the pill I can easily take a nice nap. ;-)"

Papote55 January 13, 2016

For Muscle Spasm "Relax nicely, act better than cyclobenzaprine"

Woturumogaloya (taken for less than 1 month) January 9, 2016

For Anxiety "I have been on diazepam long term, started because of PTSD. It is a mild sedative if I'm relaxing I'll get tired, if I'm working I don't get tired I just feel no negative feelings. It really is a chill pill. I am in construction field now and no issues and if I take one before going to bed my back pain soothes (Valium is mild muscle relaxer) and I always seem to have pleasant dreams. Never had a bad dream since on Valium, but at the same time it isn't luxurious or fantasy dreams either. It has been a miracle drug for me. I do not like how doctors now like to avoid benzos. Valium is a great medicine. I take 30mg per day generic brand. Hope this helps someone."

Nellbear December 11, 2015

118 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm "My first choice for muscle spams"

Anonymous December 7, 2015

For Alcohol Withdrawal "A good choice just to help. Withdrawal from drink are not as bad as so many people make out. If you really want this, you will do anything to be clean. I'm sober 6 years."

Anonymous December 7, 2015

For Anxiety "I have tried a lot of different anti- anxiety meds and Valium is the only one that actually works for me and I don't get nasty side effects with."

Bree85 (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 3, 2015

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "i've tried everything for panic attacks and depersonalization so far. i don't like ssri's they make me feel like a zombie. i don't really have any side effects which is very rare as i'm sensetive to a lot of drugs/food anything you name it. I do find sometimes the day after i'm still tired and a bit depressed. I have 4mg+ if i'm having a panic attack it seems to help quite a lot. i take 2mg if i'm going to a party or a new place and take more if i need to. i'm going to try propanolol next i heard it's great too."

khamilton133 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 25, 2015

For Light Sedation "I take it before I go to sleep, and it is the best thing any doc could have given me . All the other meds made me feel like shit. And this one I sleep like a Champ and wake up with a smile."

Gonzocj November 24, 2015