User Reviews for Alprazolam

5.5

1 review 0 medications
Summary of Alprazolam reviews 8.9 1,083 reviews

Reviews for Alprazolam

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "Many have said that alprazolam is a life-saver. I endorse that statement fully. If you panic or become anxious you'll be unable to process thoughts properly which affects ALL your decisions, from making coffee in the morning to DRIVING your car to fulfilling your employment. Also, highly endorse taking the 0.5 mg before bed. Wake refreshed by the benefit of uninterrupted sleep. Thirdly, I read from someone up above my post, and I've experienced this awful phenomenon too, so => DON'T share what prescriptions you take with anyone that is not a health professional. You'll leave yourself open to criticism that is detrimental to you by non-doctors ! Xanax is an important, very helpful, prescription. I'm sorry that some have the "addiction gene" (my terminology, not official). They should definitely 'watch it' if they know themselves to have an addictive nature. I believe the 'script can still help them. Sometimes I go for a few days without needing it and notice no withdrawal. Prescribed patient of 30 years."

L1oness (taken for 10 years or more) May 18, 2019

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I was first very fearful of taking any kind of medication. However, I eventually gave in & I am very happy I did. Xanax is a very effective drug. However, you must be careful because this medication is a benzodiazepine & it can be super addicting. Therefore, I personally only take it when I absolutely need it, mostly to sleep. This medication relaxes me, which makes me happy & especially hungry. It really takes the anxiety right out of your stomach if that's where you hold it. I do notice since I've started on birth control it effects me differently, not bad just different."

sabxbro (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 30, 2019

For Anxiety: "I have complex PTSD. I have been told by more than 3 doctors that Valium was made specifically for me. However, now doctors fear prescribing it so I’m being prescribed Xanax. It does stop panic, but I feel tamped down & am frustrated at everything. I won’t complain, because it’s better nothing and I’m calm, in a heavy way. It is unfortunate how a new doctor arbitrarily assigned to me just decides to put me back to square one & how she decides she wants to “try other things” on me, not understanding that I’ve BEEN down ALL those dead end roads and tried ALL those unfortunate “treatments “ & I know what works. So this Xanax will have to do, as that is what she has decided. Begrudgingly, at that. It works, but I feel tired & sad. And very frustrated."

OhSnap (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 28, 2019

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I have been on Xanax 8mgs a day for about 12 years. This pill saved my life."

Lindsay (taken for 10 years or more) April 27, 2019

For Anxiety: "After trying all the SSRI'S, SNRI'S, AND some benzos, finally I got Alprazolam which saved my life.. I have been taking 1mg daily since last year.. Best medicine & easy to get.."

Rick April 19, 2019

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "This medication did nothing for me and I don't know if that was a good thing (since I didn't have any problems getting off of it) or if it was a bad thing (since it didn't help my anxiety at all). I have yet to find another person to whom this didn't work either. Overall I don't think this is worth the risk and even if you do take it, it only helps for a short period of time. Xanax will make anxiety levels go down but then once the medication wears off, your anxiety will spike higher than before, and the cycle continues."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 18, 2019

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "This med has saved my life"

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) April 16, 2019

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "My life has been saved because of this med. Been on it for fifteen years. I take one pill before bed and I wake up ready to take on the world."

Tani (taken for 10 years or more) April 15, 2019

Xanax XR (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "I absolutely love this generic alternative to regular Xanax because I can attest to previously having urges and cravings to take more when I was on regular than I ever do for Xanax XR. SOO thankful for this drug, one of those XR formulations actually turned out to be useful in deterring abuse and misuse. I would recommend this 10x overs than any other benzodiazepines currently available on the market for anxiety. This drug has changed my life and it doesn't negatively impact it, nor do I find myself running out early. I actually have more than needed at time my medication was due for refill."

Mike (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 15, 2019

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I have been on xanax since I was 22. (I am 39 now) I take it probably once or twice a year (yes year!) At 22, I got diagnosed with anxiety disorder. I couldn't leave the house it was debilitating. I was put on Prozac and told to take Xanax as needed only. So I started on 0.5 when I really really needed it. In the beginning I will say I took one about every week. Then Prozac kicked in and I was fine. I still get those moments where I can feel the panic attack coming, so I will pop one and I'm good to go. One bottle of 30 pills could last me years! But because they expire after 2 years, the doctor sends me for a fresh bottle. If taken responsibly, this medication is great. No side effects for me and 0.5 mg is more than enough to take the edge off. I tried Valium and Ativan and it made me sick (nausea, vomiting, hallucinations) Xanax was the only one that was gentle for me. Keep in mind, everyone is different and will have different experiences."

Dana79 (taken for 10 years or more) April 15, 2019

Alprazolam Intensol (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I have been taking .25 generic Xanax for over 5 years mostly to help me fall asleep. Sometimes every night or every other night. This drug has saved my life because I was staying awake till 3 am every night for most of my adult life and it took a toll on my physical and mental health. Some times I can fall asleep without it and won’t take it in fear of becoming addicted. But when I can’t fall asleep it relaxes my mind enough to give me a good 6 hours of sleep. It saved my life because I nearly had a nervous breakdown from worrying about my family and the bad conditions in our country. Thanks to Xanax I am still here. Most of those who have issues are taking way to much too many times a day. Taking just .25 is all I need to sleep better. And if during the day I get really nervous I will take 2 pills and get so much relief. Don’t think I can function without it."

Teebill (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 10, 2019

Xanax XR (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "I took Xanax for over thirty years and it worked great for my anxiety and depression . I had one problem with it I took another med that I should've used and there was extreme side effects. I asked for Xanax IR and the Dr. wouldn't prescript it, but after trying different meds failed, I was put on the XR and I am doing well after two months. I was just filled another Rx for XR and I am glad it works for about eight to twelve hours. I take two 3mg twice a day and I wouldn't switch for any other med on the market. As another person posted I forget to take the second dose."

Handsomeguy (taken for 10 years or more) April 6, 2019

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "Really helps instantly, just remember benzodiazipenes are very addictive. DO NOT USE ALCOHOL WHILE USING THIS!"

IncognitoOmen (taken for less than 1 month) March 30, 2019

Xanax (alprazolam) for : "I was on this for OCD. The withdrawal symptoms from Xanax can be bad. It is too short acting."

James (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 25, 2019

Alprazolam Intensol (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "I call it Xanax,it has been the med that has helped me to not Suicide,I have severe panic attacks. I cannot be around people. I never could go with my family gatherings because I would be so shaking and never could go out and enjoy a dinner or lunch at Restaurant with my children. I stutter and could not talk, I had racing horrible thoughts, could not sleep, but Xanax has help my panic disorder so much, it does work for me, it’s a miracle pill."

Diana (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 25, 2019

Xanax XR (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "I have been on Xanax XR (Extended Release) with IR (immediate realeas) as needed for about 15 years. Xanax XR seems like a different drug than IR because I don't notice that I've taken it, but it dramatically reduces the frequency of panic attacks. I started Depakote ER about 3 years ago and cut my daily XR dose from 2mg to 1mg because of sedation (the 2 drugs affect the same receptors). By themselves, XR and Depakote aren't strong enough for my social anxiety, for which I take additional IR and Propranolol. If I take enough IR to manage social stress, it affects my ability to recall basic information until it's out of my system. Still, Xanax XR and IR make it possible to function reasonably well."

sf100 (taken for 10 years or more) March 25, 2019

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I would rate this drug a 10/10 if it wasn't for the fast tolerance that you develop the more frequently you take it, and the very high risk of dependency, because it really works like magic and I felt no side effects. I tried my best to be careful while taking this, and although I definitely developed tolerance as I feel the lower dose (0.25 mg) does nothing for me, thankfully I didn't become dependent on it because I tried to minimize usage as much as possible. I would say Xanax can be like magic when you feel like you're going through debilitating anxiety and have frequent panic attacks, but it is a quick fix and should be used as a short-term treatment while finding a long-term treatment, because I can see how physical and psychological dependency can easily develop - if the issue isn't addressed and use is frequently continued. I'm currently taking an antidepressant which seriously made such a difference to my mental health, and now rarely need to take Xanax."

danaaq92 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 25, 2019

For Anxiety: "I have been on alprazolam for years as a when required for panic attacks. It is a miracle and does not slow me down, make me sleepy or cause any other effects than the relief of anxiety, panic, catastrophic thoughts, freeze-or-flight reactions, and accompanying somatic symptoms. My psychiatrist prescribes 5 pills a month. I've never had to increase the dose/amount or felt any "craving" this drug in the 8 yrs I've taken it. I have briefly tried the newfangled expensive meds that don't even help anxiety (like antihistamines and antipsychotics--what are the pharma companies thinking?!) and can cause terrible side effects like EPS, RLS, akathisia and metabolic symptoms b/c I was sick of hearing the anti-benzo party line. I'm glad I chose to think for myself and that my doctor doesn't buy into scare tactics manufactured for reasons other than people's health."

AnxiousAutistic March 16, 2019

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "I've taken Xanax for thirty years, and I had to only increase the dosage once! I would've lost my job if I didn't take it. In my opinion it's a miracle drug; thats why I've stayed with it all these years.!!!"

Bigboy (taken for 10 years or more) March 5, 2019

For Anxiety: "Medication works great when used as directed. Developed crippling anxiety after a traumatic life experience and loss of a close family member. Xanax saved me, but I started to become dependent. So I came off it. It is easy to see how dangerous it is, even with responsible patients."

Mikey (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 27, 2019

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "Very effective for panic and insomnia. I take it as needed."

tomnick (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 20, 2019

For Panic Disorder: "This medication paired with my bupropion (Wellbutrin) saved my life.. literally. After a long battle with severe depression as a college student & suffering from the terrible effects of Zoloft then to find out I had severe Hypothyroidism (Hashimotos) I then found myself in the ER one night on vacation thinking I was having a seizure. I thought I was dying or having a heart attack because I had never felt that way before. Come to find out I had panic disorder, & Xanax was a life saver. Much better than Ativan. I was really anxious to take Xanax at first because of bad reputation and always hearing of abuse but if you actually need it & take it for the right reasons, it’s a god sent from heaven. I started off with 0.5 twice a day plus as needed if panic episodes were and, and now I only take them when absolutely necessary! 10/10 recommend and the generic is so cheap with insurance."

Xxkg February 19, 2019

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "Do not be afraid to try this medicine!! The stigma of this drug caused me to avoid it for about 15 years. If I was prescribed it I flushed it down the toilet. I FINALLY took one when I was so desperate I didn’t have any other choice. I take 0.5 most days. People take all kinds of medication for all kinds of other diseases. Anxiety and depression are a disease just the same as anything else. It’s a shame that we are made to feel like we’re doing something wrong for using Xanax. It has helped me control my anxiety and depression for about 8 years now. Without it I honestly don’t know what would have happened to me by now. It stops the terrible cycle of impending doom. It has kept me from going in to major anxiety and depression so many times I can’t count. Mental problems are the hardest thing I’ve EVER dealt with in my life. I’m almost 45 and have been fighting this since be I was 18. Whoever you are I hope wholeheartedly that you find help and hold on."

Jen February 6, 2019

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "Do not use these daily or you'll become addicted. They are great for the occasional anxiety as they work fast. But the half life is so very very short that you can easily start going into withdrawals after a few days. Be careful with this benzo!"

Pocariboy (taken for less than 1 month) February 5, 2019

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "I was first diagnosed with panic disorder and agoraphobia 40 years ago after seeing many doctors I finally found one that understood the brain's chemistry. My mother had it and never left the house due to severe agoraphobia, and both of my children developed panic disorder. I have been on Xanax .5 four times a day for 37 years and was told because of my brain chemistry that I will need to take it forever. No one would ever guess I take Xanax as it does not slow me down only make me able to function daily and travel for work. For those of us with panic disorder it is a lifesaver."

Grammyto5 (taken for 10 years or more) February 4, 2019