User Reviews for Alprazolam

Also known as: Alprazolam Intensol, Niravam, Xanax, Xanax XR

Learn more about Alprazolam.

Dysautonomia 5 reviews 53 medications

8.6
Borderline Personality Disorder 1 reviews 0 medications

Summary of Alprazolam reviews 867 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Alprazolam

Xanax (alprazolam) for Depression: "From 2002-2017 I have been on many different types of medications klonopin, Valium and xanax, not to mention all the psych drugs none that helped until my Dr. realized I had social anxiety and paralyzing panic attacks. By far the the best for not only my depression but my anxiety as well was xanax 2mg. I had to take at least the full bar to ease my anxiety however not only did it help with my fears and anxiety but it helped with my depression which stemmed from my constant panic attacks. It is easily abused however when it's needed it's a savior and can help me get what I need to accomplish done as a mother a wife and a personal trainer/ lifeguard and graduate of Homeland Security and Emergency management which without xanax I wouldn't have"

Bently Rose February 19, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "Took two 2mg.xanax this evening and a suboxone last night. No affects noted. Are there any precautions I should be aware of??? Thank you..."

wanagi49 February 19, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "This medication is a miracle if you have extreme anxiety and panic attacks. I've been on it close to 10 years and have never changed my dose. If you don't overuse it and only take it when you can't take the anxiety anymore then you should be fine. Within about a half hour I'm feeling much better and my anxiety is at bay."

Brian8511 February 19, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "Hello all, I'm 34 years old and have fibromyalgia and Anxiety. I have taken all the anti-depressants out there and xanax is the only one that truly helped me. I have been on xanax for the last 8 years of my life. I am prescribed two 2 mgs a day. I take it as needed, and often I split a 2 mg in half. If I'm off work for a day, I will maybe take a quarter to half for the entire day. Recently my regular doctor weaned me off of it, I thought I would be okay, instead I started having panic attacks every day. They were so bad that even being around 1 or 2 friends, for a long period of time, I would almost lose my shit. I had seven or eight 1 mg xanax left when I saw a psychiatrist, I told him what was happening and he wrote me a script instantly."

Freddy D (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 17, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Xanax XR (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "Switched from xanax 2mg 1/2 to one tab 2x daily (AN for anxiety, PTSD, panic disorder) to Xanax xr 1mg twice daily with .5 xanax once daily AN for panic. The only thing Xanax Xr did was give me waves of relief, along with waves of anxiety also. Went through my xanax script quicker as it helped greatly compared to XR & needed less. Alprazolam is meant for short acting Anxiety relief. XR is marketing scheme, cost 26$ comp. to 0$ for xanax(w/ ins) Clonazepam,or Diazepam is much more suited for longer acting benzos that help with anxiety. Xanax XR makes it more difficult to stop using & get addicted much easier,than safely taking your regular xanax, as can break em apart, if you feel you need less one day, one week, you can wean yourself easier"

McFly2020 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 12, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Panic Disorder: "I get severe anxiety even to go to the store, I would not feel comfortable eating in public, Just to leave my house my anxiety over whelmes me so much costing me to the point I will isolate myself from public.. then came along Xanax and did it's job what it's supposed to do and all the nightmare anxiety went all away, yes it is addictive, but it works magic in my opinion it's like a God sent medicine for people like me with extreme anxiety and insomnia. I tried vistruil and others didn't help like Xanax"

Ramon Anthony Cameron (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 4, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Anxiety: "Taking for GAD. Highly recommend as long as you do NOT abuse it and ONLY take it as prescribed. Starts working in about 15 minutes. Only downside is wears off rather quickly for me, but maybe that's because I've been taking it for so long. You can quickly build up a tolerance, which is a downside. No negative side effects at all. I honestly cannot function without it. Be careful, though. I am not addicted to this medication, but I'm totally dependent on it. I guess I can't say that's a bad thing since it's doing what it's supposed to do, which is help calm panic attacks and keep my anxiety at a more tolerable level so I can function day-to-day. People like me who NEED it don't get a "high" from it."

CokoPicasso (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 3, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I live with PTSD, social anxiety, panic, depression (manic). I've had a rough life in the early years, and married young to a psycho. Then lost my first child. My life hasn't stopped taking as of today- I tend to hide away, in a literal sense. Locking all doors behind me. Recently the FDA marked Xanax a black label- (saying it's a killing drug with pain meds taken together) thanks to rich people and their drinking with meds, and those high profile dealers out there mixing fentenyl into simple drugs, and doctors prescribing 2mg Xanax pills several per day.., people like me get to be sick and be removed from 3 -1m tabs per day that were to help us be part of society- while we search for another medication to help us get there again.. "

Angel in a lot of Pain ty FDA January 31, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "Thank you Xanax for the best sleep ever!"

AngeloXanax (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 30, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Depression: "I was on the brink of a major breakdown duenrin to stress. I am 48 and this drugs helped me more than what I so can say. I am thankful for it when I did need it."

sunshine6j9 January 26, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "In a case of emergency, I would take Xanax during the day. But, I usually take it at night to go to bed and to stop the anxiety and panic attacks. It makes me feel so sleepy, I don't know how anyone can take it during the day. I felt high as a kite. It works, that's for sure."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 22, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "Xanax has been a life saver for me. I have been diagnosed with panic disorder and depression since I was a teenager. I learned through lots of therapy that my issues are environmental and chemical. There are times when meditating and positive affirmations do not work during my attacks. This is when I take my Xanax so I can function like a normal human being. I do not abuse my Xanax and have been on the same dose (0.5mg) for the last 10 years. There was a time that I was having multiple panic attacks daily for months. Xanax helped me stay sane until my psychiatric found the right SSRI for me. I think that this drug is great as long as you have a good doctor and use the appropriate amount."

DogMom123 (taken for 10 years or more) January 16, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Panic Disorder: "I don't think I could function without this medication. I only take it when I have a panic attack or when I having a lot of anxiety. It works great for me."

Sheltons Star (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 12, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I suffer from emetophobia-related panic attacks and anxiety, and this drug is just a godsend. I try to reserve it until I really need it as I know that, based on my personality, I could pretty easily become dependent. If it wasn't for the issues with dependency and withdrawal it would be a ten out of ten for me. I will note that after I stopped using it semi-regularly, I became better at dealing with anxiety "on my own" so to speak, and experienced less anxiety overall as I improved my coping skills. Still, I'm really grateful for this medication and encourage other miserably anxious people out there to discuss it with their doctors. It really improved my life when I thought nothing could."

Eliza_os January 10, 2017

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I suffer from complicated grief and PTSD, I lost my only child to severe mental illness almost six years ago. My anxiety is through the roof right now. Psychiatrist prescribed Ativan but it does nothing really (.5 MG) compared to Alprazolam (generic for Xanax). Even splitting a .5 MG pill helps me to stop frantic behaviors. But this stuff is addictive, you have to be careful never to go over prescribed daily dose and I don't know how difficult it will be to stop this medication, if I ever decide to do that."

FidMom (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 8, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Tinnitus: "I've been experiencing tinnitus since a severe ear infection and infection of my mastoid cell located behind my ear on my skull which resulted in extreme fullness and hearing loss. After getting my ear suctioned because antibiotics weren't helping and a tube put in I got my hearing back in my left ear but was left with bothersome tinnitus. To the point it was driving me crazy!!! That's been 7 years now. My family Dr recently prescribed xanex for my anxiety and panic attacks. I take .5 twice a day and I couldn't believe it all but eliminated 90% of the high pitch in my ear! I still can't believe it and plan bringing it up at my next appointment. I started researching and so happy I'm not alone with this experience. I can wait to tell my Dr!"

DDLT (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 6, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Xanax XR (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "Im not sure if its doing anything. No side effects. O.5 mg 2x daily."

Notsure134566 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 6, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I have suffered from anxiety & panic attacks since Kindergarten! I "self medicated",w/alcohol & weed, until they became an "issue",to say the least! I hit rock bottom almost losing my family, my job,tried AA, Shrinks, until I had a full blown attack.I thought I was having a heart attack ,sweating,rapid heart beat ,etc .I also dreaded any social affairs,or changes in my life .I thought I was just missing a link,not "normal",whatever that is! I went to my Dr & he prescribed .25mg, the lowest .But I was able to 'function" ,go to weddings ,NOT drink ,since 1999. I'm now on the 2mg addicted? I am able to live w/o alcohol & function, but do feel it ,if I don't take it.Trade off? Maybe,but it's better than being a "captive" of my fears. Just be you!:)"

EDMO' (taken for 10 years or more) January 5, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I haven't seen a xanax in the US from a US pharmacy with the name brand xanax scored on the pill in over 20 years. these had no taste. Real xanax have a very distinct taste. and it never melted in my mouth. xanax always melt in my mouth within a few minutes. I've seen videos on youtube of people pressing them. My advice is. Get a prescription from a doctor and get them from the pharmacy because that wasn't the first time I saw these.. The streets are flooded with these bars."

Unib0mb (taken for less than 1 month) January 4, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Xanax XR (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I am impressed, after 31 years on IR xanax and alprazalom 1mg. 3 times a day and all the highs and lows about a year an a half ago I started to taper off. I would break a piece off of each one or sometimes split one in half. Seriously addicted and missing a dose would be brutal,I wanted off of these. It took a year to get to 1/2 mg 3 times a day and I felt the same but was leary of going lower. My Doctor prescibed me 1mg xr that I take at 9am and 1/2 mg ir to take as needed. Needless to say I was shocked that they last so long. I used to take my last dose at 1am and I don't even feel like I need it now. I don't want to wake in the middle of the night so I have for the past 3 nights I took 1/4mg and I think someday I'll be off completely."

capgeo1947 January 4, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Anxiety: "Very addictive neurotoxin. Stops working after a few months. Withdrawals include problems like psychosis, and dementia."

Carly34 December 30, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I've been on quite a few different kinds of medications for anxiety and depression, but I've never had a reaction quite like I did with this one. Within hours of taking it for the first time, I began to feel nauseous, drowsy, uncoordinated, shaky; my vision was blurry and I couldn't drive a car. These symptoms persisted until I stopped the medication. I tried it once or twice after stopping the first time, and the horrible symptoms came right back. I couldn't even do my work. If you have any sensitivities to this medication I would not recommend it. I'm no doctor, but even I know when a pill isn't worth the risk."

HughMS December 28, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I have bipolar 1, GAD & PTSD. I can't rage antidepressants (even on mood stabilizers) because of the bipolar disorder and buspirone proved useless for me. Xanax has really helped me keep my anxiety under control. I don't get the sedating effects that most people seem to. I've been on the same dose for over five years. When my mother passed away, I was also on ativan PRN for a short period of time and sometimes I wish I still had that, too. Not for everyday use, just for extremely triggering events."

espresso_dreams (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 27, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "I have been on a fairly high dose of this medication for over 6 years now. I can not tell you enough that it is an extremly horrible idea for long term use 2 times daily or more or even less any long term use of this drug to me is almost a death sentence for that person it is probably the most difficult thing to stay off of if used for more then a month or 2 straight. Im trying to get off them now myself but I am so very deep in a hole its almost hard to see the end. Once you stop say goodbye to sleep for a while and feeling like complete psychosis for the next few weeks or months till your brain comes back from the hole you dug for it. If I could go back and never take a benzo I would in a heart beat ssris and ssnris never worked for me."

Mrwrong (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 26, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Panic Disorder: "Honestly Xanax pretty much saved my life. I know some people have bad reactions to it, but that is few and far between. The rest of you that had problems clearly didn't read up on it-- which you should always do with your medications. All I can really say is that I went from having like 1-4 panic attacks a week to one every six months or so when I take this medicine as needed. I function so much better as a human being, and am forever grateful that I got out on the right meds."

Ella Mental December 25, 2016