User Reviews for Alprazolam systemic

5.5

1 review 0 medications
Summary of Alprazolam reviews 8.9 1,043 reviews

Reviews for Alprazolam

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "For PTSD. I did not want to be on this because I know how it is abused. The doctor insisted and it was a nightmare for 6 months. Taking one at the verge of anxiety would help but it would wear off quickly. I got to the point I was popping it like candy to prevent a panic attack. Doing so made me very irritatable and dangerous. It was hard to taper off but glad I did. Works for some just not good at all for me."

Bozo-Skip (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 1, 2018

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I've taken .25mg Xanax for sleep for 29 years, with Wellbutrin and Trazodone for Major Depressive Disorder with Anxiety. Never increased the dose, never needed to. Now with the opioid crisis my doctor has refused to prescribe it any more. Never considered that I needed it. Afraid of the government, I guess."

snaarl October 27, 2018

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "Dealing with anxiety, panic disorder and now agoraphobia. Xanax helps my symptoms well. Manage, well that's the Catch-22. I was put on 1 mg 3x daily. I stopped for 9 mo. Started again recently but at much lower dose. I don't think I ever took 3 daily previously. I'm taking 1/2 or 0.5mg twice daily. But when needed I'll take a whole 1mg. Problem is I notice this med produces an "urgent" type of anxiety on it's own if I don't take it 3x daily. Makes it hard to manage. Before present doc, I had been told by 2 different doctors they'd give me antihistamines. For Panic, anxiety? Seriously offended. [Its like pain medication - the physician knows as soon as you ingest 1 pill : YOUR DEPENDENT. But they all blame the patient] Wish I could find Long Acting - slow release Xanax. Be wise, don't ever take more, ever ! Less is best if you can & your doctor agrees."

celavaba58 (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 22, 2018

For Anxiety: "Alprazolam does help my anxiety better then other anxiety medication. It really helps me breath better , faster when panicked. The problem I have is the next day it leaves me irritable and sad. It feels like it is cancelling out my anti depressant when I take alprazolam."

irish2630 (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 22, 2018

Xanax XR (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "This is the only medication that has ever worked for my anxiety attacks, however it does build a dependency in the body but at this point it’s the only thing that continues to work."

Anthony (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 20, 2018

For Dysautonomia: "I have a form of dysautonomia, anxiety/panic, Heds, insomnia, chronic pain, muscle spasms, hypothyroidism, and a bunch other stuff. Xanax or forms of benzodiazipams seem to help with anxiety, hyperhydrosis, heart rate, feelings of someone standing on my chest. Within 15-30 mins my symptoms go away and I can go on my day like a normal person. My doctors don't listen of my concerns with this being so helpful. They just want to try to set me up to try things that I've tried in the past and it never worked."

Greatfuldeads (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 19, 2018

For Anxiety: "Xanax works so much better for me than Klonopin which I am prescribed only 2mg per day after 15 years!!! I know I need an increase after all these years but no doctor will give me any more than that. I am SO fed up with doctors not prescribing the Meds that I need to function, I have GAD, a totally ruined spine with a failed microdiscectomy at L4-L5 which took out my S1 disc, leaving me almost completely crippled with extreme bilateral sciatica from my butt down both legs into both feet, ankles and toes (I also need bilateral knee replacements), I have over 16 herniated discs from my neck, thoracic and my lumbar spine is completely destroyed, causing me so much pain, which causes even more anxiety that are hitting all the nerves in my spine along with 4 spinal diseases and just turned 51. I can barely walk, stand, sit or drive more than 1/2 hour. The DEA has destroyed my life completely!!! "

Mskwik (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 19, 2018

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I've been on this medication on and off for 30 years. Had terrible anxiety and agoraphobia. I take now 0.5mg up to twice a day. It helped in the beginning, but now, even while taking it, I'm having withdrawal symptoms. It's horrible. I can't go to work, I can't go to a store, I can't sleep. Please don't take this awful drug."

Mattie (taken for 10 years or more) October 17, 2018

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "From my experience with Xanax it ruins lives, period. Xanax was made for 14 day use for acute crisis but is grossly misprescribed. Xanax is more addictive than heroin and turns normal people into weird and angry shells of who they previously were. The drug causes the brain to stop producing chemicals it needs and the half life is so short that you go into withdrawal every time the drug “runs out” every 4 hours. You believes the feeling is “anxiety” and take another pill to treat it! However the feeling is just withdrawal. You will need more and more of the drug just to get the original effects and you will not really be aware of how you’re acting. The longer you take the drug the worse it gets- and eventually the doctor who got you hooked on it will stop prescribing it. A safe way to get off of Xanax is the Ashton method (Benzodiazepines How They Work & How to Withdraw)- switching slowly from Xanax to Valium. Valium like a longer acting form of Xanax which then is easier to cut down on. I urge you never to start the drug."

NoToX (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 9, 2018

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "Been on Xanax for almost 10 years. It has saved my life and I mean that. I couldn’t function from the severe anxiety that I would get everyday. I recently moved and my new psychiatrist won’t prescribe it to me. I am just thankful I still have 3 more scripts I can fill. He’s trying to get me off it by putting me on Buspar. What a mess this drug is. I can’t sleep and am nauseous all day long. Still take a low dose of my Xanax while on it but it scares me having to give up the only thing that has helped me over all theses years. People who abuse it have given it a horrible reputation and it’s not available for the responsible people that really need it."

BW (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 9, 2018

For Anxiety: "I have taking this medication for almost three decades, suffering with severe anxiety and OCD on a daily basis which crippled my life, I was prescribed four capsules of 0.25mg Alprazolam to be taken daily and I began to see immense benefits immediately, also taking an SSRI called Anafranil. Some days I take less, some days I take more, and at times I don't take the medication whatsoever, I have not felt any withdrawal symptoms. I live an incredibly stressful life and this medication has allowed me to live an ordinary life, take care of family, become more social and undertake general daily tasks. I have also tried numerous other Anti-Anxiety medications such as Ativan and Valium however I always find myself returning to Alprazolam, found that it always works much much better."

Fatima (taken for 10 years or more) October 8, 2018

Xanax XR (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "When big pharma came out with XR my life has really changed, I'm no longer anticipating my next dose as a matter of a fact I've have forgotten to take my dose and be fine just waited until the next dose was required. I recommend anyone on regular Xanex to ask their doctor to change them to XR just to see if it's easier and less worrisome about the next dose"

Big Easy (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 6, 2018

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I don’t remember a time when I wasn’t severely depressed & anxious & without obsessive thoughts. I had severe emotional abuse/twisted mental abuse from my first memory at 3 until I was an adult. I’m 43. There are times I’ll go for days & not need Xanax or take it. But when the panicking & anxiety start I can take 5-6 mg (no, not .5 - actually 5) and finally function. I only use it as needed although I’ve been told I should take it daily. Drug seekers have hurt people like me SO bad. This is the only medication that works when I panic or feel anxiety to the point of wanting to die. I have & never will abuse it, but if I didn’t have it I would for sure be dead. I’ve NEVER had a withdrawal feeling or problem at all. But at that level of panic and obsession I am crippled. My daily meds (esp the anafranil) work very well now to prevent this , but when I get triggered, it’s a wrap. So there ARE some people who aren’t abusers, & who couldn’t function without it."

D October 5, 2018

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "This medication make me really happy with stress relief, anxiety relief and lot of energy, love it no side effects. First few days might cause drowsiness but then it goes away."

tayshalee October 2, 2018

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I had severe postpartum anxiety to the point of no sleep for 3 months, which made me lose touch with all reality. I couldn’t take benzos as I was determined to breastfeed. Once I got through another bout of insomnia when I stopped breastfeeding I was suicidal from lack of sleep and panic/anxiety. I was put on xanax, .125 to .25 per day before bed. 4 years later I still have anxiety around sleep, so I take half the lowest dose 45 mins before bed. I struggle with sleep at times but I have not increased my dose over the 4 years and don’t freak out or withdraw if I miss a dose. My doctor hired a new nurse who seems bent on getting me off it, makes me plead my case to get refills. I don’t understand this thinking-a low dose of Xanax forever is better than a strung out suicidal insomniac. I have tried all SSRIs, hypnosis, counselling, meditation, CBTI for insomnia and hormone therapy. Nothing works as well as half a xanax 45 mins before bed. It’s just reality for me."

Q (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 2, 2018

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "Xanax has helped my anxiety and panic disorder for decades. Over the years, some doctors have tried to replace it with antidepressants which didn’t end well for me. One antidepressant even made me feel suicidal since depression is the opposite of anxiety. My Xanax dosage has been tapered in half over the past year and this past July I had a seizure. I am 56 years old with tachycardia and have never abused my medications. I sure wish they hadn’t started changing them again with my aging. I suffer anxiety and PTSD which I kept under control, living with a quality of life, enjoying my grandchildren, grocery shopping for myself living alone with my arthritis disability smiling through the pain. Not so much now, as my heart rate stays over 100 at rest so my GP referred me to a cardiologist. I’m aware of my leaky valve from birth lol. Good luck all. This has been a good medication for me."

Sybil1234 September 29, 2018

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I have been on this medication for more than ten years and I have mixed feelings. It is VERY effective for anxiety (I have dissociative disorder), but there are many times I wish I didn't rely on it. I only take 0.5 x 4 per day, but if I stop taking it I will have a tonic-clonic seizure. I am at the mercy of my dr (who is wonderful). If a dr. decides not to prescribe it, I get very ill. It's been wonderful for me, but consider the severe, yet common, side effects for long term use."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) September 27, 2018

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "Hi I have been on Xanax for 19 years I take 1mg five times a day with no problems they have been a great medication in my life I suffer with anxiety and bipolor type 2 and OCD and PTSD and major depression so life is not easy and have this med helps me get up the morning, shower, eat, dress get my kids off to school. But everyone is right this drug is very dangerous if you abuse it. and this drug is not for everyone."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) September 25, 2018

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "Xanax can be wonderful for anxiety. I am prescribed 0.5mg 4x a day but I don’t take it most days. I do have anxiety every day and think about taking them but if at all possible I try not to take them. If I take them every day or too often I get depressed. But proper use helps me to actually get things done that I would not have the energy or drive to get out of the house"

Hopeful September 23, 2018

For Anxiety: "I have suffered from anxiety and panic attacks for a few years now. Recently my girlfriend of 6 years and I broke up and I've been flooded with anxiety again. My doctor prescribed me Alprazolam 0.5mg doses to be taken 2 times a day. I'm only 23 and don't want to become addicted so I only take a half, which is 0.25 mg, when I am having severe anxiety or a panic attack. It has helped me a lot when this happens. I would suggest only taking it when absolutely necessary to avoid becoming dependent. I honestly feel the best way to naturally help with anxiety, depression, and panic disorders would be to live a healthier life. Try a hobby, exercise, eat healthy, surround yourself with the ones you love and practice mindfulness to help push through the problems so they don't control your life. I'm currently in the process of doing the things I aforementioned so I will try to update on this as I continue along with it. Don't get discouraged and believe in yourself."

Don Juan September 13, 2018

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I take a 0.5 mg pill about once or twice per week. I see a lot of people on here slamming the drug as exceedingly dangerous. If you take it every day for a while, your brain will begin to alter itself in response to the constant abundance of the chemical. This means if you suddenly stop taking it, after several weeks of daily use, you’re going to hate life for a while. It will take your brain a while to return to its previous state, from before you started taking the medication. I sometimes go weeks without taking it, and sometimes I’ll take it 3 times in one week. I have no problems, and it’s highly effective."

Bill September 11, 2018

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "I have been a sufferer of panic attack for 30 years. Finally I was given xanax it gave me back my life. I suffered badly with panic attacks. I also had muscle spasms before I took this medication.."

J September 11, 2018

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "Been taking over 40 years I don't know how to not take them. I'm 61 and think I'm destined to take them forevere\"

T (taken for 10 years or more) September 8, 2018

For Anxiety: "It worked!! But I got an headache afterwards. Dose 0.5mg is enough for me I am 21 male"

Ayush145ch September 7, 2018

For Panic Disorder: "Alprazolam works the best for me when having a panic attack. It works ten times faster then its sister medicine klonpin"

bobby (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 4, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...

Micromedex® Care Notes