User Reviews for Alprazolam

1 review 0 medications
Summary of Alprazolam reviews 8.9 1,126 reviews

Reviews for Alprazolam

Taco · Taken for 10 years or more August 19, 2019

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I have been taking this drug for 13 years and I can tell you without it , I would probably be a basketcase. I take it twice daily .05 mill for a total of 1 mg per day. I hear so much negative about this drug but for me it has been a lifesaver. I have acute anxiety disorder and depression. I also take 20 mg a day of Prozac and have little to no side effects accept for ED . I am almost 69 yrs old so just being able to function and continue to stay active is a big plus."

Nervous Ninny · Taken for 10 years or more August 15, 2019

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I have always had problems with social anxiety and depression since I was a teenager. Every antidepressant I took made me feel worse. I started taking .25mg of Xanax “if needed” in my late 30s when I was diagnosed with essential tremors of the head. It made a dramatic difference in my life! It helped immensely with my head tremors, social anxiety and even my depression! I never abused it and it never became habit forming. I was on it for about 15 years off and on. Since then, my physician has retired and I am now not able to find a doctor who will prescribe it. I don’t understand why THIS drug is being so controlled when there is a whole country of alcoholics and booze still remains for sale openly in every grocery store or liquor store on every block! Alcohol caused thousands of deaths everyday from tragic car crashes and alcoholic liver failure. Such a double standard. Xanax has helped so many responsible people who take it correctly!"

Agirlwithadream · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 15, 2019

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I will never take this medicine Xanax again one of my worst decision ever. Made me addicted couldn't get off it and for 3 years had bad side effects increased panic sweat heart racing 3 seizures if i didn't take another dosage. I weaned myself of Xanax with Lexapro, thank goodness I will never go back again worst drug ever!!!!!!"

Rick · Taken for 5 to 10 years August 12, 2019

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "The withdrawal from long term Xanax and other benzos is the longest and most agonizing experience you will ever go through. This is not an opinion it’s a fact. The withdrawals can last YEARS...yes years. Don’t believe me? Take a good look online and start researching now. This drug is the absolute worst drug to get off for most people. Narcotic withdrawals pale in comparison. This is not a review...this is a warning."

Gr · Taken for 10 years or more August 11, 2019

Xanax (alprazolam) for Depression: "For anxiety I give it 10, but for depression 1. It is very good medicine for GAD..but after a couple of months you get addicted. If you stop insomnia is terrible and brain doesn't function at all..so be aware of that."

Isabell · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 9, 2019

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I was taking Alprazolam. 5mg 3x a day for anxiety. Got off it for about a month because I was dizzy all the time. Doctor told me it wasn't from the Alprazolam but I think it is. I have had CT scans, MRI'S MRA on my neck and head and they find nothing. Today is my last little dose of weaning off of it so I'm hoping the dizziness will stop here in a few weeks. I hate this drug and hasn't really done anything for me except make me dizzy. Won't use again. Anyone else have the dizziness?"

Dee · Taken for 10 years or more August 9, 2019

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "Severe panic attacks everyday since I was 4. I was put on tranquilizers at 16, did NOTHING. In my 30's Xanax was given and I started living. I was agoraphobic but Xanax sure helped immensely PLUS it helps for mild depression! It helps accept the torturous symptoms from CFS too! Still housebound from CFS but Xanax helps me tolerate the misery."

Smokymanpot · Taken for 5 to 10 years August 9, 2019

For Panic Disorder: "I take 6mg of Xanax a day if I didn't I would be committing suicide or hurting myself. I tried Ativan and everything else under the benzodiazepine umbrella Xanax or Alprazolam is the only one that works fast enough and is strong enough to calm me down sometimes. I have to take all 6mg at once I'm talking about just to calm down enough to breathe normal if I didn't have this medication I would be dead."

Coffee August 8, 2019

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I started Xanax in my 30s after my father was diagnosed with cancer and other life events started to pile up. It helped at the beginning. I could notice the difference in my anxiety and sleep patterns. However, a year or two went by and I found myself completely hooked. I had lost contact with friends and isolated from family, I left my job and spent most of the day at home. I truly had a 180 degree change in my social life, hobbies, and relationship. I spent all day at home watching TV and listening to music. I had no desire to deal with people or any type of social interaction. I found myself avoiding everything like going grocery shopping, driving, dealing with problems. Every time I tried getting off the Xanax it would backfire. It took months for me to stop taking Xanax and it has been 3 years without it. I lost many friends and family members and my relationship ended. I have slowly built myself up. Have a great job that keeps me busy, started running again and starting to make new friends."

pete August 4, 2019

For Anxiety: "after 20 years on alprazolam I developed blurred vision, and loss of co-ordination, and more."

Yessy · Taken for less than 1 month August 1, 2019

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I was prescribed 0.5 for anxiety I have been taking half a tablet during day time if I have anxiety and .5 at night also if I need it. It does make me a little tired but the half seems to be good enough for me during daytime. After taking it I feel relief and the pressure on chest seems to settle quickly. Not all medicines agree with everyone but you have to keep trying until you find the right one."

Kay · Taken for 5 to 10 years August 1, 2019

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "After our son committed suicide I developed PTSD and panic disorder. Xanax literally saved my life. No big deal stopping this drug, but others have severe problems. By God's grace I'm off of all drugs."

Confused July 31, 2019

For Anxiety: "I have taken Xanax for 8 years when suddenly, my doctor stopped writing it for me and all her patients who were taking Xanax. I’m not certain this was wise... at least for me because the sudden cessation of the drug caused severe insomnia, anxiety and I felt I had been catapulted back to the dark time of 8 years ago. Thankfully, I was able to see another doctor but he, too, wants me to cease taking Xanax. He prescribed 15 tablets to last a month and wants me to gradually taper off them entirely. My question is this ... In the past 2 years, I took only 1 tablet a day, at night, was able to sleep, was well-rested and functioned at a high level on my job. With the new dosage, my sleep has been curtailed, I remain jittery and anxious. I am very conservative in its use and think - at least for some - the drug has a place if it’s used responsibly."

Anxious Annie · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 30, 2019

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I've had GAD since a child, losing a parent early. My first panic attack was at 12, not knowing why I was suddenly unable to breathe. After repeated traumatic experiences, I developed a social aversion that rapidly turned into severe agoraphobia. Without this life-saving drug, I would have never been able to have a recording career, find my spouse, and live a normal life. The days I am using this medication are 100x more productive and filled with joy...I'm sick of seeing only negative propaganda about Xanax. If you are a responsible adult who uses it properly, it is not harmful. If you use a heart medication each day, and it keeps you healthy, are you "addicted" to that? It's the same with anxiety. Mental health is just as serious as the physical. Just because some are abusing it, doesn't mean judge those who use it correctly. I appreciate everything this med has done for me!"

What did they do? · Taken for 10 years or more July 30, 2019

For Anxiety: "Ok I have a heart defect called sinus tachycardia. My heart rate is so high it causes panic attacks. So if I take anything other than the Xanax or generic form it does me way wrong. This medicine has saved my life. Does anyone think that the green 1mg is worse than the blue 1mg or is it just me? Does anyone else have a heart defect or afib that is treated with this medication? Also I have been taking this medication 12 plus years. My doctor will not raise the dosage and when my heart rate is over 248bpm it takes 2mg to make it go down to 140 to 150. Can anyone help or at least let me know if you are in my situation? Thank God for whoever created this drug."

Zion · Taken for less than 1 month July 30, 2019

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "It’s a rip off and I never will I ask for this again. It’s a disgusting drunk feeling you get from this but it does calm you down and make you tired so that’s why I gave it the stars. Anyone with anxiety use Ativan it’s so much cleaner and makes me feel completely normal. Strange how similar these drugs are but how different they effect me"

Zion · Taken for less than 1 month July 29, 2019

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I’d had taken Ativan prior to this and my experience wasn’t that great with Xanax it made me feel really sedated and gave a drunk feeling and hangover the next day on only .5 kind of made me paranioid a little bit. I would highly recommend Ativan over Xanax as Ativan gives you a calm feeling better for anxiety at least for me and not that disgusting drunk feeling"

Toffeeman92 · Taken for 10 years or more July 29, 2019

For Anxiety: "I've been using it on an as needed basis for social anxiety for 15 years. 1 x 0.5mg usually suffices. It has been a life saver for me !!"

Living A Normal Life July 26, 2019

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I started with Xanax for anxiety 30 years ago and have gradually increased. I used to take perhaps 0.25mg occasionally when I started, and now 30 years later, at age 71, I am up to three 0.5mg a day. I successfully fight to not take it more often and I almost always win the fight. When I don't, I take an extra 0.25mg or 0.5mg. Meanwhile without it I would not have had a successful college teaching career , traveled to Europe 28 times, produced a cable TV show, written 3 books, had hundreds of friends who love and respect me, and even worked out at the gym where I swim, walk, and work out with weights regularly. My current psychiatrist tells me frequently (I ask him every few months because I read terrible things) that I should not be concerned, that I am using it intelligently, and it helps me live a great and fantastic life filled with success, satisfaction, love and affection of so many people. My anxiety could be debilitating, but here I am living a great life."

Kenzie · Taken for less than 1 month July 26, 2019

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "So I took Xanax at the hospital for my anxiety I had it for at least two days before going in and it didn’t seem to really work it would make me go to bed for about 5-10 minutes and if wake up from anxiety again I would get no sleep and if I did I’d wake up with anxiety again so I don’t know if there’s something wrong with me but I didn’t feel better at all after I took a Xanax"

Jason h July 25, 2019

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "It’s really hard to rate this medication because there are two sides to it, short term and long term. Short term ( 20 minutes- 4 hours) it can feel like a life saver. It will calm you down, and if needed let the pill dissolve under your tongue (sublingually) for faster results. I. This case it gets a 10/10. You should not take this medication long term (3 months max) or overuse Xanax or any benzodiazepine. You will become dependent, you will become tolerated and getting off of this medication usually requires a medical detox because of the potential of death, definitely extreme discomfort and anxiety levels off the charts. It gets a 0/10 on that side. Taking too much or drinking on Xanax is potentially fatal . Also taking it long term effects both long and short term memory severely. I recommend you take this review seriously as I have been through all of this minus death and I don’t wish my experience on anybody."

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 24, 2019

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I suppose ONE reason why Xanax is so addictive is because it works, and it always reliably will. (There's also a "high" that you get at the higher doses, but it quickly fades with ongoing use.) A significant problem with Xanax and all others benzos is the amotivational symptoms that results from chronic use. It certainly becomes increasingly hard to perform basic tasks, as one feels TOO relaxed to get anything done. Even more serious of a problem with Xanax in particular is its rebound effects that make the symptoms WORSE than before. Because Xanax is so powerful but short-acting, within just a couple, or maybe a few, hours of taking it, one feels the URGENT, overwhelming need to take more. It can quickly form dependence. It also makes it difficult to sleep because you rebound in the middle of the night."

Rik · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 24, 2019

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "Its helps me function on a daily basis, It is non drowsy. It was made for me. It's not addictive (for me) and I can take up to 3 1mg tablets per day. I probably take one primarily at night. Some days 2, once during the day and one at night. I take it for anxiety and depression. I also take Endep at night. I feel almost normal!"

Gail · Taken for less than 1 month July 22, 2019

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "Xanax does not help me with my anxiety, it only makes me tired, the same way everything else I tried has. I don't like the feeling of being high and I don't want to be tired and fall asleep. I have fear of going to work, but I'm trying to force myself to go, I have not been successful yet! I panic just talking about it and it's really ruining my life. I want to go to work and this is killing me. If anyone can help me with suggestions, medicines they've tried, a great psychiatrist or therapist if they worked."

Hollis · Taken for 10 years or more July 19, 2019

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "Xanax saved my life when I suffered from anxiety and depression, figuratively and perhaps literally, too. Not only did it help me sleep and stop my restless legs at night, it helped with constant severe anxiety AND it helped my depression, too. I've been taking Xanax for 15 years. I've never taken more than the prescribed amount, because I know it can be addictive AND I know that I won't be able to get it if I abuse it. Frankly, it doesn't make me groggy, high, or anything other than "normal." It feels really great to just feel normal, and that is why it frightens and frustrates me when I have to change prescribers (of all my meds) and some object to the Xanax. I never share it, sell it, or use it other than prescribed. I don't think I should feel pressure to stop it. For me, it makes life tolerable, and I have a friend in San Diego who has the same experience with Xanax."

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)