User Reviews for Alprazolam

Borderline Personality Disorder 5.0
Summary of Alprazolam reviews 8.8 1,217 reviews

Reviews for Alprazolam

D · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 2, 2020

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: “If you start taking this drug you better hope and pray your doctor never takes you off of it. The absolute worst physical and mental anguish I've ever been in.”

Elaine · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 1, 2020

For Tinnitus: “I've been suffering from tinnitus for the last month after taking Aspirin and Advil for inflammation-related pain. It's been making me crazy. Last night I took a 0.5 mg Alprazolam and 100 mg Magnesium Glycinate, Doctor's Best brand. Both reportedly treat tinnitus. I woke up 12 hours later, and the ringing in my ears is 100% gone. So relieved!! I take Alprazolam for panic attacks, too, but my tolerance has built up and it's no longer helping me. I'm afraid to up my dose, for fear of overdosing. (I'm on several other meds for chronic pain.) Magnesium has been helping me sleep and with mood, in place of my Alprazolam.”

kappa kappa gamma May 31, 2020

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: “I’ve had benzodiazepine prescriptions (ativan, k-pin, & xanax) since 15 y/o until now (20 y/o). Over the past 5 years, it’s been rough managing physical and psychological dependency issues. I’ll blackout for a week at a time and proceed to buy fake xans from friends (usually cut with fentanyl and other bad stuff). During my attempt to wean off the drug, I ended up having a grand mal seizure at a party (Dec. 2019). Since then, managing sobriety from all benzos has lead to self medicating through other substances (cannabis, ketamine, cocaine, kratom, norcos). I was living in my sorority’s chapter house but moved into a fraternity house about 3 months ago, in which 3 brothers are active xanax users. It is really rough Basically, if you’re prone to addiction (runs in the family, other psychiatric conditions, etc) watch out dude”

desert1 May 26, 2020

Xanax XR (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: “Started Xanax XR 1mg about 10 years ago. I took it on and off for GAD. Then increased to 1mg plus 0.5mg if needed. Due to extended release my Dr kept telling me that it is not an addictive drug. Rubbish. Also tapering off is a problem because you can only do 0.5 mg at a time. So now after cancer and death in the family I had to stay on it for anxiety. New doctor (Psych) after 10 plus years. First word out of his mouth: I don't like prescribing Xanax XR that much. Great. Plus appointment are with telemedicine which stinks. The drug works but definitely dependence and tolerance. Any feedback would be nice”

joseph · Taken for less than 1 month April 22, 2020

Xanax (alprazolam): “hi stop smoking back 6 weeks ago after almost 37 years . This has brought on constant coughing with problems of getting rid of smoker's phlegm plus depression luck of sleep and constant thoughts that j am going to die because of my respiratory and chest are full of phlegm and short of breath. Finally getting XANAX 0.5 twice a day . Real different is that I am positive now. I can sleep almost 8 hrs a night and have positive thinking of ex smoker and my body are recovering slowly but consistently”

Fatngassy April 22, 2020

For Panic Disorder: “62 year old man, never used a sedative in my life. I have no fear of anything I knew of. Nothing has ever scared me. But when I became stuck in NY during pandemic while my wife was home in North Carolina working at a grocery store, I started to develop severe anxiety which evolved into severe panic attacks, over and over again. Finally got home after quarantining, but could not control panic becoming convinced I had the virus and passed it to my wife, who will pass it on at work, etc... called doctor today, he prescribed xanax. I had most severe and prolonged panic attack I have ever had in my life and took 1 pill and 45 minutes the panic attack was over. Done. VERY effective drug for ending panic attacks”

Reinier · Taken for 10 years or more April 17, 2020

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: “I have used Xanax for 20 years. Always taken it as needed, and it works wonderfully, no side effects at all, no getting used to it as evidenced by not using it for days and no withdrawal. I tried everything else suffering severe side effects like Seroquel. I only need 1mg twice a day, maybe on real panic day three times.”

Surya · Taken for less than 1 month April 9, 2020

For Panic Disorder: “I have been diagnosed with Anxiety Disorder since I was 12 years old (inherited from my Dad). Doc put me on 150mg of Luvox & 0.5mg Xanax when necessary. Xanax has always been my saviour when I feel short of breath, feel ‘in a balloon’ or feels like daydream or unreal, palpitations, scare out of nothing. Xanax is my hero all time every time. But now (I am already 27), I try not to be dependent on it. I try to drink a lot of water when I feel ‘it coming’, to divert my attention to anything else. Oh not to forget, sometimes even 1mg Xanax doesn’t effect me, maybe because I got used to it. Relax everybody, you’re not alone. XOXO!”

Luna · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 9, 2020

For Borderline Personality Disorder: “Alprazolam has been a life saver for me due to PTSD. I experience anxiety, depression, BPD symptoms, which I think all run in the family, plus due to severe childhood & adult traumas.My dose of alprzolam I take is 1 mg 3 x day. I have struggled with addiction issues with substances before & if I drink too much alcohol with alprazolam it can cause bad side effects for me. But if taken as prescribed & try to incorporate it with counseling, healthy diet & exercise, & little or no alcohol, alprazolam can be highly therapeutic for many. I feel Xanax generics can sometimes vary in effectiveness so check different pharmacies if you feel a generic is not working well enough for you!”

dan1 · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 30, 2020

For Panic Disorder: “Was given generic alprazolam .5 mg tablets on a ("as needed") basis for panic attacks and days when my generalized anxiety acts up and im more jittery than normal. The bottom line is, yes, this medication works. For me it takes that constant knot in my stomach go away, and I can unclench for a few hours, and just feel, normal. However, I would say constant self-monitoring is needed for addiction potential. Because it really does work, but for me, it's so fast acting and it leaves your body so quickly, sometimes I do think about taking another dose do get that feeling again. But luckily I never give in, due to fear of addiction. I don't think it's a cure, and personally it was given to me as an add-on to my SSRI for the GAD, and this medication is strictly for when my anxiety is at high levels. Overall, I'd say the good outweighs the bad but, still proceed with caution, and don't abuse it, otherwise you'll just build tolerance and end up hooked.”

BernieStandards · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 11, 2020

For Panic Disorder: “I was a bit scared of taking Xanax as I had heard how addictive is was. After having 10 panic attacks a daily regularly, I had a frank conversation with my doctor and he said I needed to think about the quality of life I was living. I take 3 mg a day daily. I have been off of it for a month or so and while not feeling anxious, my body was constantly tense. People can tell the difference between me on and off of it. Honestly, I feel like a normal person on it. I’m not a zombie. I don’t get tired. I’m normal and functioning. I can handle anxiety inducing situations better with the help of Prozac.”

Noel Garnet · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 10, 2020

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: “This drug has saved me on a thousand occasions, from generalized anxiety to panic attacks or somatic tension, up to situations of severe insomnia where the next day I had to get up early in the morning. I have always considered it a godsend, it is an excellent anxiolytic and it is very useful also for those suffering from sleep disorders, because it does not leave heaviness or numbness the next day, due to its short duration of action in the body. My average dosage is 20 drops (0.50 mg). What can I say, to me it is the best anxiolytic!”

Vin · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 9, 2020

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: “I have Poliaradiculoneuropathy (when polyneuropathy and polyradiculopathy occur together). Xanax is not so great for general anxiety, but I appreciate this drug, since I discovered its off label use for my terrible neuropathy. It reduces my legs pain and stiffness by ca. 70% and set me free from being bedridden. Now I can walk several km with the help of crutches and feel more like human again. I am getting addicted to it, but I could care less.”

Lynn · Taken for less than 1 month March 4, 2020

For Tinnitus: “I have ringing in my right ear which has come out of no where. Hearing test was perfect, MRI showed nothing. Doctor put me on low dose of xanax and after a couple days the ringing went to a low fizzing sound that I can tolerate. The original ringing was so bad I was having some dark thoughts . Thank God its helping I'm very anxious by nature so perhaps the anxiety brought it on.”

Missy February 28, 2020

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: “I’m a young adult & I feel like all I experience in my life is anxiety & panic. I’ve tried a number of antidepressant and anxiety medications over the years that do indeed help, because without them I would never be able to leave my house. However, I still do get extremely anxious and have panic attacks. My new psychiatrist has actually been able to figure out my particular chemistry. She prescribed xanax for the panic attacks, which has helped tremendously. I only take 2mg when I’m having an attack. At most 15 minutes later, I feel twenty times better. My attacks can easily last hours so the xanax cuts that time greatly. Afterwards, I get sleepy and my concentration isn’t very good, but I’d much rather be calm & not be able to concentrate than to be panicking & feeling like I’m losing my mind & STILL not able to concentrate. I don’t see myself using it for years like some people have to because I do take Fetzima and Prozac daily, but for now it’s helping me so much!”

PANICATTHEDISCO · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 26, 2020

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: “3yrs on and off as needed. Not sure why this is a popular recreational drug? It really just make me feel normal again when I start getting high bp spikes from anxiety and panic attack symptoms. It definitely works, no side effects that I have been aware of.”

Brokey · Taken for 10 years or more February 25, 2020

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: “I have been on xanax for 30 years and it worked great for my anxiety and panic attacks. I am not addicted but it help with everything bothering me. Well my Dr. just cut me off abruptly ! The withdraw is terrible. I was willing to wean myself off of them but cut off.”

LB · Taken for 10 years or more February 25, 2020

For Anxiety: “I was given kalma (generic alprazolam) for anxiety, panic attacks and agoraphobia, I've been on it now since 2004 after the Dr finally talked me into taking them as I didn't want to be taking an addictive medication. Started on 1mg 3 times a day and increased to 2mg 3 times a day. After all these years I am 1 million times worse than I have ever been, totally addicted to the kalma, severe anxiety disorder, severe panic attacks and agoraphobia like you wouldn't believe. I haven't left my house now for over 6 years and totally house bound. The fear the panic attacks has left me so scared that I can't handle being on my own so I have someone with me 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. I've lost my wife, my 2 beautiful children all of my friends. This would have to be one of the worst medications I have ever had.”

Anonymous · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 16, 2020

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: “I have been on xanax for over five years. I am not addicted. I take them as prescribed. I don't drink and I have positive results. I have no side effects”

JR · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 8, 2020

For Tinnitus: “I was prescribed 0.5 mg alprazolam by my primary care doctor to help with anxiety on flights. I found it to be good for stress and anxiety and helped me sleep, but I avoid using it regularly due to the potential for dependence. Several years later I was hit with a terrible spike of tinnitus, constant, loud, and with severe impact on my quality of life. Alprazolam is in fact the only treatment I have found that improves my tinnitus symptoms. Taken at night, I receive nearly 24 hours of relief. I intend to discuss with my doctors why this relief is experienced -- I do not believe it to be placebo and I do not believe it is evidence that the tinnitus is merely a stress/anxiety-induced condition. I'm hopeful this is evidence that a similar medication with less dependency concerns may have a similar affect.”

Sandy February 7, 2020

For Anxiety: “Had first anxiety as a young child and then sporadically throughout puberty and into adult life. Was not diagnosed until I was in my 20's. My first medication was Valium for the first 40 years. Became ineffective, then prescribed alprazolam 1 mg as needed. I have no side effects whatsoever and and have continued with alprazolam up to and including present time. I am very functional with it. My life is good, normal, see my PCP regularly. This drug has basically been a great help for a very misunderstood chemical reaction in my brain.”

GaryGirl · Taken for 10 years or more February 7, 2020

“Have had premature atrial contractions (PACs) and premature ventricular contractions (PVCs) for 40 years, found out at University of Chicago, was given xanax at that time, now it is a generic, but I must only take one type of brand. Tried many heart meds, dropped my DIA to 43, glad I was home and not driving. It is a shame how physicians treat you regarding this med, yes it is addictive but not to the point you are craving it even after all these years! But without it, I would have a pulse of 143-148. Does help with BP! Older gentleman at pharmacy was being taken off BP meds and put on xanax. Told him to just CHIP it when it is needed. Cardiologist without experience in this need to ASK patients about it! Not just read JAMA or what ever. Patients know their bodies and please don't push nasty meds on them. Passed all cardiac tests, even a CT with Nitro. When they did the EKG they found it twice to their amazement and on the holter monitor. Wise up DOC'S we all don't use this to get high!”

gmcajun · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 6, 2020

For Tinnitus: “I have been taking 1/2 of a 0.5mg alprazolam for 6 months 1 hour before bedtime for severe tinnitus as the only way I can get a full night of sleep. I have had no side effects and take many other drugs as I am 72 years old. Unfortunately, my primary physician doesn't want to renew my prescription so I am seeking a new doctor she was good but her hospital is making her practice like a "doc in a box" for cuts, bruises, broken bones, colds, etc. What a shame she is a good doctor who discovered nodules in my thyroid that were cancerous now she is more like a nurse.”

Abd · Taken for less than 1 month February 3, 2020

For Panic Disorder: “I had taken esitalopram 10 mg for 2 month for panic disorder, I always felt like something bad was about to happen, but there was never a cure. But when I started talking Xanax only 3 days I got excellent results”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 2, 2020

For Anxiety: “I started having severe anxiety back in September. I think it was triggered by nicotine withdrawals, but I was horrified. I couldn’t believe this was happening to me at 27 years old. I was on vacation in Aruba and had to go to the ER over a panic attack! Once I got home, things were better UNTIL November... I stopped Juuling (electronic cigarette) again and the anxiety was even worse than it was before. I was having panic attacks daily that lasted for hours. My mind was I'm the darkest place. I even started to smoke cigarettes again to take off some of the tension. The only thing that made me feel better was alprazolam! I split a .25 into four little pieces and take them as needed (that is how it was prescribed to me.) I hate admitting this, but it’s really a miracle drug. I try really hard not to take it unless I desperately need to because I fear getting addicted. This stuff works, no doubt about it.”