User Reviews for Alprazolam

Also known as: Alprazolam Intensol, Niravam, Xanax, Xanax XR

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Alprazolam.

Dysautonomia

5.5

1 review 0 medications
Summary of Alprazolam reviews 8.3 981 reviews

Reviews for Alprazolam

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I have been taking xanax for about the last ten years or so off and on. I am 26 now, and I only take Xanax when I really need it. The drug has helped me get through many school presentations from high to college. I get so anxious before big presentations that I have literally froze up in front of whole classes numerous times (while not on Xanax) and whenever I do take it, I get A’s on my projects, I’m less anxious, and everybody is more happy. It also helps if you have a long airplane ride. In short, I have been taking this drug for the past decade responsibly and it has helped me benefit in many situations."

MrBraadddd February 22, 2018

For Panic Disorder: "This drug is BAD!! Needs to be removed, gives you more anxiety, you act numb, nothing is interesting anymore. I will never take it again, the worst"

Maram13 (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 19, 2018

For Anxiety: "I found that a 2 mg dose works fine for me. It not only relieves anxiety but also helps me fall asleep."

Jet jock (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 19, 2018

Xanax (alprazolam) for Depression: "It surely works for anxiety. Being said that, stay away from this drug if you can. In the time you build a tolerance, and doses required are much much higher as time passes. Withdrawal is TERRIBLE, I would give a 0/10 but I give 4 because at least it works for anxiety. You can suffer severe loss of memory and generally my brain can't work properly after too many years under it's effect, it has ruined my clear thinking. My liver values goes off chart when I use too much, and has became the norm now after few years of use. Go for other medication that doesn't give you that severe addiction. Hope it helps. Sorry for bad english. I'm now under Testosterone treatment and after few months I can see my symptoms gets better without the brain fog xanax can give."

MicroMacroUniverse (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 11, 2018

For Panic Disorder: "10/10 for treating anxiety."

DanielWx February 4, 2018

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I have been using this drug on and off for 6 years and it works fairly well even at low doses. Originally I took it for anxiety but now I take it for tinnitus. I think it can cause tinnitus. I take half of a 1mg pill before bed. I can go without it for days but do get some withdrawal symptoms. It still works after years of use."

mihulka3 (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 2, 2018

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "Figured I'd come back with an update since my last post was in 2013. I am still on my Xanax after about 7 years, maybe more. It's still the ONLY drug that helps with my Panic Disorder w/agoraphobia, PTSD, GAD, OCD, and MDD. I've been prescribed 1 mg 3 x's a day, but have never taken that much. I take 1 mg in the morning and 0.5 mg around dinner and another 0.5 mg before bed. I'm just noticing now that I may need to start taking a little more occasionally. Like an extra 0.5 some days. I'm contributing this to the fact that I am in perimenopause now, and my hormones are crazy at times and increase my anxiety and panic attacks. Also finding it more difficult to leave the house again. But still... I'm not up to the recommended dosage, so I think I might just need to take a full mg 3 x's a day now."

Fox7 (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 2, 2018

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "Works well very little side effects"

Roboslobo February 1, 2018

For Anxiety: "Pill seems to be fake. "

speckley (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 1, 2018

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I take 0.25mg when I’m slightly anxious and 0.5mg when I feel very anxious. I can honestly say I feel so normal and happy! I can actually do things I use to do, and alone! I don’t feel scared or worried. I think for rationally and clearly. Only side effect is that it makes you kinda sleepy, but if you keep active and do stuff it wears off and you will feel normal. I actually laugh and have a good time now! I’m surprised at how a low dose works so well! If you have anxiety, don’t be scared and give this a try! Trust me after 20 minuets you will feel relaxed and ready to do anything!"

Rayraykopie January 25, 2018

Xanax XR (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "I would not be able to function on a daily basis"

Makaela January 23, 2018

For Anxiety: "I’ve been taking Xanax for a few wonderful months it’s been nothing than a magic pill for me. I have had severe anxiety and panic disorder for many years. Tried lorazepam in the strengths of 0.5mg, 1mg, and 2mg tablets but with not with a lot of success. I’ve tried Valium helped a lot but lasted to Long. But Xanax 1mg tablet 3 times a day works wonders. Thank God for Xanax"

Fun me408 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 6, 2018

Xanax (alprazolam) for Depression: "I was initially diagnosed with severe depression. It was the drug of first choice to treat my extreme shyness. While on it I had troubles breathing. I was so dizzy and confused that at times I didn't even know where I was. I couldn't do anything. All I did was sleep. I was supposed to take it 3x a day but stopped before completing the treatment. Wouldn't recommend the experience to anyone. I honestly can't tell why some people take it for kicks or how they end up being addicted to it."

Lakotka (taken for less than 1 month) January 5, 2018

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "I've been taking Xanax for about 3 years now. I started having symptoms early on, like in my teens. I could never find anything that make me feel like "me" before the panic attacks. Once my doctor prescribed be xanax my life changed for the better. I take 1mg once a day, 2x if I'm having a rough day. They just passed a law in NV where if a doctor is caught 3 times "abusing" this new law about narcotic prescribed drugs they could lose their license. I hope this didn't effect people like myself who used this to alive. I'm not back to 100% but I'll take 85 - 90% any day. Don't judge xanax by the headlines."

Itsme702 (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 3, 2018

For Anxiety: "Very peppermint tasting"

Bodog69 December 29, 2017

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "I’ve been on Xanax for several years and it works wonders for my anxiety and panic attacks. I only take it as prescribed and try not to take it or taper down 1 day a week. When I take half of a bar I feel clear headed and normal. Any more than that I become sedated, so that’s why I regulate it so carefully. The only downside is the withdrawals are almost unbearable. When I go a couple days off it I feel extra anxious, nervous, mildly depressed, and at times it feels like my mind is messing with me. Overall a great short term medication for panic or anxiety but if you choose to take it long-term, please be careful and take exactly what you’re prescribed, and if possible, less."

Fitdy fi (taken for 10 years or more) December 29, 2017

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "I can’t find fault with Xanax for control of panic attacks. It’s the best there is. However, I took it for a long period of time, over a year, and found that I needed an ever increasing dose, probably due to tolerance. The withdrawals were ungodly wicked! I was put on low-dose Klonopin, which warded off the worst withdrawals. I went from 6 mg of Xanax to 0.5 mg of Klonopin, and managed to stabilize there within a day. I’d not suggest Xanax to anyone with an ongoing problem with panic. Valium or Klonopin are far safer, in my experience."

Anonymous December 27, 2017

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I took Xanax at a party about a year ago, & I was so surprised with the outcome. I was shocked to find out that it actually relieved me of my anxiety. It actually benefiting me in a positive way. I’ve been on Sertraline for about 6 years now, and I’ve thought about talking to my therapist about switching me to Xanax due to the experience I had with it. I may sound really dumb, but it worked like magic."

Anonymous December 27, 2017

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I have an overreaction to stressful situations. A situation that the average person takes in stride might put me into panic mode. Xanax is the only thing I've found that calms me down effectively. Depending on the situation it may take 0.25mg - 1.0mg to do the job. Because of it's addictive nature I don't take it every day, just in certain situations, maybe 3-4 times per year. I did have a situation recently where I took about 1.0mg every day for about 1 month. When the situation resolved I quit taking it and I had no withdrawal symptoms."

Warhawk97 (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 25, 2017

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "The pills that say Xanax on the front and 2 on the back and they are rectangular, they are fake. Be aware"

Don't have nickname (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 23, 2017

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "On .5 mg as needed up to 3x per day for 28 years now for extreme panic disorder/agoraphobia. I could not leave my home at all until I finally connected with a doctor whom specialized in panic attacks, who came to my house and prescribed Nardil and Xanax. I had gone untreated for 15 years prior to that, which is how a panic attack disorder eventually led to agoraphobia and my complete isolation. I do not have a problem with addiction, as I’m careful with my meds. However, I’m treated by the VA, and they have now decided to remove the meds that have worked for me for 28 years. I’ve warned that I will no longer be able to leave my house again, but they seem to have an agenda that does not involve feedback from me..."

DW555 (taken for 10 years or more) December 16, 2017

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I was taking 2mg Xanax XR in the morning and before bed. I took 1 mg Xanax XR in the afternoon. If I would forget to take my meds in the morning, by 1:00 in the afternoon my head would start buzzing, I was agitated and in horrible shape. For years I was living in a fog. I was safely detoxed in the hospital for three days a little over a week ago. The doctor prescribed me 10 mg of Librium 3x day. This medication is mainly used for alcohol detox. It has worked wonders for me. It is another type of benzo, but for the first time in years I am happy and feel alive again. Please do not take Xanax lightly, it is an addictive viscous cycle that can make you feel worse in the long run."

only34me (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 16, 2017

For Dysautonomia: "This is the only med that keeps my adrenaline surges under control. This is a Godsend for Dysautonomia specifically Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS) patients that have no control over when the ANS decides to release adrenaline putting us in "overdrive" with flooding anxiety. I also take other meds SSRI and beta blockers. This one is crucial in my day to day functioning."

Potsgirls (taken for 10 years or more) December 13, 2017

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I take xanax to help me sleep and I also take it for anxiety when needed. I haven't really been having problems with either sleep or anxiety for the last 8 months or so. So I have just been taking .25 mg (a half-dose for me) at bedtime. I have been taking xanax on and off for about 10 years. My experience with it has been nothing but positive. I have never had any negative side effects. It just calms me down a little bit and makes me feel feel a little more relaxed. I have never needed to take a bigger dose than .5 mg. It has not been addicting to me at all. But that is probably because I have rarely had to take it more than once a day. A few times when I had bad anxiety, I had to take it twice a day, but those times have been very rare."

SteveGriswaldd December 13, 2017

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "So many other reviews on here but this drug is important. I will chime in as well since it has been prescribed a little different for me. I used to wake up in a panic a couple of times a week, but it's pretty easy for me to gauge my stress level and predict which nights are going to be bad ones. I take 0.25 or 0.5 mg 1 or 2 nights a week, before 2 am or I'll be so zonked I don't respond to my alarm. It does the trick so I can fall right back to sleep after waking, instead of panicking and then ruminating for 5-6 hours, and being a mess at work and with my kids the next day. It works so well & I can easily see how it would be addictive, but it's a life-changer so I am very careful."

Anvil (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 9, 2017