User Reviews for Alprazolam

Also known as: Alprazolam Intensol, Niravam, Xanax, Xanax XR

Learn more about Alprazolam.

Dysautonomia 5 reviews 53 medications

8.6
Borderline Personality Disorder 1 reviews 0 medications

Summary of Alprazolam reviews 921 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Alprazolam

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "About a year ago I was diagnosed with severe anxiety with panic attacks. Anxiety runs in my family so for me it was not a huge shock for me to have anxiety. I have tried about three different medications that just made me feel awful. I did not feel like myself and I was always sleepy. Once I got put on Xanax with another type of anxiety medication it helped subside my panic attacks. Anytime I would have a panic attack I would take a Xanax and it would help me be able to fell like myself again. I do not take Xanax every day just because I do not have panic attacks everyday and because it is highly addicted. For me this medication worked."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "It really calms me down"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression: "I have taken Xanax for many years at a safe daily dose. I started in 2004 with 0.25 mg three times daily, having severe anxiety attacks while my dad was losing his battle with cancer. As the years progressed and I realized I have a big social anxiety issue, I stayed on Xanax. I couldn't function socially without it. Last year I was diagnosed with menieres disease which causes daily vertigo spells and constant roaring in my ear. My doctor increased my Xanax to .5 mg three times daily, as it helps with these symptoms. Not long ago I was diagnosed with clinical depression. I was put on Celexa but am hating the side effects. I took myself off Zoloft twice in the past because of the side effects. Xanax has truly been a life saver for me"

Tacro1723 July 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "Yes, this drug works well regarding how fast my anxiety dissipated. My 1st prescription & experience with a drug in the benzo-class. It worked quite a while. My Dr. began my dose 3, 2mg 'bars' a day I had no anxiety. Instead, I felt an alcohol intoxication feeling. My body/brain built a tolerance. I was taking 5 to 7, 2 mgs a day. I functioned as well as anyone. Save for the constant anxiety, I felt great. I decided to stop. I never felt worse. My 5 yr anxiety trial was 10 fold. I began have seizures, cramping, not sleeping, anything, clothing touching skin made my entire body spasm. It is best taken in a low dosage & probably only when one feels an attack. I now take a medication, a benzo-class, lower dose, take less & in therapy. "

TJ3 (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xanax XR (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "I take 0.5mg every morning for almost the past 5 years. I use this in conjunction with Lexapro and Trazodone. After being a long time sufferer of anxiety, which then resulted into depression, I finally sought help. My doc prescribed the Xanax XR and it worked immediately, within days I felt good again. I was told that the Lexapro took about 6 weeks to work, which it did and I feel even felt better. Taking the Lexapro I think has helped me not to increase the dosage of the XR, which has helped me with my maintenance. The Trazodone ensures my full night of sleep. Although I don't like having to take all these meds, my life has improved significantly."

Michael008 July 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I had problems driving over bridges so I got Xanax .25mg. I then read the product info, it said, "Do Not take this drug while driving." I also was waking up at 3 or 4 am, not being able to go back to sleep. I was prescribed Ambien but told to take it as I went to sleep. I still woke up after 5 hours even if I took the stronger 8 hour Ambien. I was depressed. Once I night walked & fell downstairs. I decided to take Xanax for my racing mind at 3 am, it works great. I have been taking it for 20 years; have none of the side effects described. When I travel or stay in loud places I take 2 Xanax & sleep better than ever. I have never taken more than 2 in 24 hours. I am 65 & can hike up & down for 8 hours. Still only sleep 5 to 6 hours a night, works for me."

Khaton (taken for 10 years or more) July 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "So hmmm tho medication has been good to me. But you have to get the dose just right or you will sleep for about ten hours lol. I take 1mg and it seems to work well for my anxiety and my Borderline personality disorder out bursts. You might not focus as well because you will be very relaxed. So if I have to work with my hands, (jewelry smithing, and nails) I only take a half a pill .5 mg. If I'm at home or it's a severe attack/episode I take 1mg. If it's a night terror or panic attack at night that causes insomnia I take 1.5. My dose is 1mg twice a day as needed. But I don't need them twice a day. Maybe once every week or two."

Face Here. July 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "Xanax is like putting a band-aid over a wound that needs stitches. This med helped take the edge off my anxiety and am thankful for it. It will NOT treat GAD properly because you'll be dependent with too many doses, but is a godsend for panic disorders. I still struggle with anxiety (anger, headaches, worrying, crazy thoughts). It helped me be able to sleep, socialize, not have panic attacks at work, great sex drive and I feel calm. I was prescribed 0.5mg twice a day, usually took less otherwise I'd be sleeping all day, only could go about a day without it then I need it again for anxiety. The biggest downside is that it makes me REALLY tired, lazy, poor memory sometimes. When mixed with alcohol I get very angry. Will be looking into SSRIs."

Concavealexx (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "Xanax is a medication that must be taken seriously and with precaution. This is not a game. Taking it when you don't need to will only create addiction and the withdrawal is worse than living with the actual anxiety. Please don't take this med unless you suffer from anxiety and you are having a panic attack. It works well in these situations but my advice is to stay away from it and only take it in an emergency. I prefer lorazepam. When you take lorazepam the withdrawal symptoms are more tolerable than xanax. Xanax is awesome but it can become Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde. You can die from this or get a DUI if you are caught in a driving accident. This is serious."

roxithefox (taken for less than 1 month) July 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I was given this after trying several other meds. My doctor gave me 2 mg bars. The yellow ones (generic) aren't bad and the white one isn't either, but them green ones will wipe you out. They are at least 40% stronger despite being the same strength. The use to be very expensive, but are only $5.56 for a 60 pill supply with my insurance ( which is bootleg Obama care)."

Powerful AF (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "Xanax literally saved my life. A year ago I was having probably 4 panic attacks a day. I couldn't go anywhere without freaking out and thinking I was going to die. I was so scared because it didn't feel like a typical panic attack, like I was falling or something. I got xanax .25 and I was able to completely diminish my attacks. No therapists or anything else worked for me like xanax has. I personally didn't find it addictive because I was in such a terrible state. I don't take it very often now, but I don't know where I would be without it"

Lovelife4689 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "Worked well for a month then showed its real face. Ended up with memory loss, poor concentration, light headed and feel like a corpse with no life, rather wish life had ended."

Johnycage June 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xanax (alprazolam) for Depression: "I've started to take Xanax 3 months ago, 0.25 then 0.5mg a day. Experienced a rapid heartbeat at first, but chose to give it a chance anyway and after 2 weeks it was back to normal. Now I take Xanax 0.5 and Bupropion 300mg a day for my depression and anxiety. I can tell it really has changed my life so far, I can feel joy or calmness again (before I couldn't at all). I hope to get back to normal soon. Can't even describe how I'm glad I've started to take these medications. Although I know many people have severe side effects, the thing is - it's very individual, you have to try and find a medicine that works best for you. Many people take Prozac, but I almost died when took it - side effects were terrible, I even experienced hallucinations."

Anna3529 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Tinnitus: "After 8 ear surgeries, the tinnitus had grown louder then I could bear. It became overwhelming to be in groups of people larger than 4, hard to concentrate (at work or at play) because of the weird, loud constant sounds and forget about going to sleep if you focus in on the noise, your mind will not let go of it!! Alprazolam has not made it go away but, has put it where it belongs, in the far off background. Which has allowed me to live a pretty normal life once again. Thankful !"

Stapendectomy (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "I have been on xanax for 15yrs. The past 9yrs I've been on them solid (haven't missed a day) I just turned 40yrs old, and I'm in the worst position in my life than I've ever been! Long story short, I I have severe anxiety & panic attack disorder. My 1st panic attack was at 19. Lets just say I've tried my fair share of narcotics. I'm 10yrs clean off of Heroin. But the xanax is a monster of its own. I've had 2 grand mal seizures trying to get off them. They can kill you! I just take 3mg a day so I don't get sick& anxiety. My step-son passed away at 19 from taking too many xanax. It's not a sleeping pill, it's not for people that are stressed out. They don't discriminate, my 87yr old grandma was addicted to them too. All I'm saying is do your research 1st"

Should of thought twice June 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "The most efficacious and useful anxiolytic I have ever had. Fast acting and requiring three times a day (chronic) administration, but also, along with the recommended 4mg lorazepam IV when actually suffering an attack and a doc is present, by a long way the best acute remedy for anxiety and panic attack."

zaborav (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I have been taking Xanax 0.25 for less than four years to control anxiety mainly before sleep. It works really well until it does exactly opposite for its purpose, causing more anxiety and distress. I have been taking Xanax randomly only to relax me before sleep, say 3 times a month, 10 times a month and most of the time half of the 0.25. I noticed that overtime especially in the months I took it more often, the anxiety, the fast heart beats and confusion and strange muscle weakness were getting beyond tolerable. In few words, I would tell anyone there that NO ONE should even begin taking this very addictive Xanax. Better suffer through your difficulties than using Xanax to ease your anxiety and panic. The drug will take you to abyss."

milaseasky (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "Anything that can get me back on track while I deal with my very occasional anxiety issues. Xanax helped me out a lot 4.5 years ago and I am in need of it again."

Anonymous1974 (taken for less than 1 month) June 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I was extremely against Xanax because of knowing people who abused it, and being someone who will try homeopathic cures before using prescriptions. That said, it really helps me. I have anxiety I would describe as anywhere from mild- severe depending on the day, and week. But sometimes I get in these intensely anxious thought patterns, where I cannot let go, its terrible.Taking medication during these periods is a god-send. It allows me to return back to my normal non-anxious self. I rarely have noticed sleepiness as an effect of the medication- only when I was already sleepy before taking it. If you don't abuse your dose, it shouldn't cause you to feel out of it or have memory loss, if you truly suffer from anxiety. That's my experience"

hulahoopinghannah June 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I have gone on and off alprazolam for a couple years now and all I can say is that it WORKS! I take 0.5-1mg and it helps pretty quickly. It is the only med I've tried that can stop a severe panic attack, which has changed my life a lot. I can't give it a 10/10 because withdrawing from alprazolam is not a nice process and dependency can happen quickly. I have tried clonazepam, which is not as effective for panic attacks but works well for my generalized anxiety. Lorazepam (Ativan) was not effective enough for either."

stephlyudmila June 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "One day, out of the blue, I felt lightheaded ; I was nauseous, my legs were tingling and a horrible fear over took me. I had every physical test taken. All were negative. Finally, totally desperate and afraid I'd have another attack, I went to 2 psychiatrists. Both diagnosed Panic Disorder. (Found out it runs in my family. ) Was put on amitriptyline, Prozac, Busbar, Paxil. I stuck each one out for 6 weeks. The nausea was horrible and the anxiety debilitating. Finally I met a psychiatrist who put me on Zanax ( .5 mg 4 to 5 times a day and 25 mg of Zoloft. My life improved immediately. He said he hoped the Zoloft would end the panic attacks but it took a combination of both meds. I take .5 Xanax 3 times a day. I'm alive again!"

Ponyguy99 June 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I've had social anxiety since I was a kid. I tried different doctors and medications but nothing helped until Xanax. I followed the doctors instructions and it provided nearly immediate relief for the first time without side effects. Unfortunately, after a few months and despite a gradual increased dose the medication stopped working. I stopped taking the meds which resulted in a couple of weeks of withdrawal symptoms, mainly skin hot spots that made sleeping difficult. It was disappointing to say the least."

David anon June 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For : "I am a chronic pain patient and I'm on opiate therapy to manage the severe testicular, scrotal, and pelvic pain I have from a sports injury. My pain management doctor also recommend I take a muscle relaxer for my muscle spasms and muscle pain. He first let me try diazepam (Valium) but it didn't help much. He then let me try alprazolam (Xanax) and it did WONDERS. It loosened up the tight, painful grip in my muscles and relaxed everything. I take 0.5 mg five times a day and it never fails to relax my muscles. Xanax has been a miracle for my muscle spasms. Highly recommended!"

JesseRyans May 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I'm 21 years old and this medication gave me my life back. I have social anxiety, hypochondria, and occasional panic attacks. I'd immediately become stiff and uptight at all social events as well as at school. It got so bad that it affected my grades. After I take a Xanax, the anxiety simply vanishes and it's replenished with relaxation, tranquility, and stability. All the scary, racing thoughts stop and I begin to think more logically and calmly. I take 0.5 mg five times a day as needed. Xanax is also wonderful for muscle spasms."

Johnathan R (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "Took xanax for a month for anxiety and panic attacks. I took it 3 times a day (the lowest dosage) 0.25 mg in the morning, 0.25 mg in the afternoon, and 0.50 mg in the evening. First week seemed fine with little to no changes, but after that was torture. Horrible insomnia, nausea, and panic attacks got WAY worse. My psychiatrist added Adderall to the mix because of my ADHD. This is when the nightmare really started. I couldn't sleep for 4 days straight-- I had to miss work, I was threatening suicide in front of my family-- I was LOSING it. Couldn't keep anything down. The best way to describe it was like a bad trip that you were certain was never going to end. I tapered off of it, and felt normal again after 2 weeks. Please use caution"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 30, 2017