User Reviews for Alprazolam

Also known as: Alprazolam Intensol, Niravam, Xanax, Xanax XR

Learn more about Alprazolam.

Dysautonomia 5 reviews 53 medications

8.4
Borderline Personality Disorder 1 reviews 0 medications

Summary of Alprazolam reviews 939 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Alprazolam

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "Xanax has helped me with my activity's anxiety, I have a hard time going out being around people especially, when going places like the doctors, shopping, I have a hard time being around people or even just going outdoors also just going outside in general. I don't like being away from home that's my safe zone. I get scared when I here loud loud noises, I'm afraid people are going to hurt me or the ones I love, I am happy with my dogs and cats want to be left alone, Away from the rest of the world. here are only a few that I can trust, my mother, father, My Dave plus my children, plus my therapist Mark."

Anonymous September 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "I have been on Xanax for 15 years I'm only 30 years old. While this is a miracle drug for pulling you out of a panic attack and preventing them. This medicine works extremely well for my anxiety that said it can cause a very nasty dependence and addiction where you will need larger and larger doses to combat this rebound anxiety (this is what the Dr call it). It's your brain screaming for more of the drug, this is not only a mental dependency but also a very strong physical one. If you are thinking about taking Xanax remember less is more the less you take the better it works. It has become part of my daily meds 2 mg 3 to 4 times a day and that's coming from being on the max dose legally available 10 mg daily you don't want that. Use Caution"

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) September 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I got prescribed 0.5mg of Xanax, that I take once a day. My wife had just died. My anxiety was so bad I would not leave the house nor would I barely eat. It made me feel alive again and I'm able to function, and get out and socialize like a normal person again. I actually have a appetite now, and I'm getting good sleep again, which I haven't felt in a long time. Xanax really saved my life."

nobodyyspecial September 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "Been on xanax .05 for about two years. Doc put me on just an anti depressant for the first month didn't help ANY, went back and she saw how anxious I was and put me on xanax because I was honest with her and told her a friend gave me a few of hers and it helped my anxiety tons. I get thirty .05 a month and I can go days without them and some days a have to take two or three. Anyone with anxiety disorders know some days aren't easy at all. It helps me just knowing I have them. I still currently take celexa daily I don't know if it really helps my anxiety at all but the combo with the xanax seems to work. I know a lot of ppl don't wanna use pills but I'd much rather have medication than panic attacks."

Anonymous September 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I have gone on and off Xanax for a few years now and all I can say is that it WORKS! I take 0.5-1 mg as needed. It kicks in pretty quickly and it's the only med I've tried that can stop a severe panic attack in its tracks. It has helped me regain control of my life and think clearly in stressful situations. I don't get drowsy or feel impaired as long as I don't take more than my dose. Works better for me than Ativan and clonazepam. Make sure you properly taper off this med if you take it for more than a few weeks- I tried to stop cold turkey once and it felt awful."

stephlyudmila (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "Dad always had some amount of general anxiety but managed it reasonably. In approx 1982 he was prescribed Xanax after his Dad died unexpectedly and he was instructed to take X as needed. He's been on and off X ever since then and has needed progressively more. About 20 years ago he "graduated" to other medications including anti-depressants and at one point was on a combo that resulted in a nearly-successful suicide attempt. He never had suicidal thoughts before or after that particular combo. He's now old and his life is in ruins. He takes X throughout the day but is at the max and cannot take more. Please be aware once you start on these medications you're in it for life. Dr's know this -- job security for them!"

Son1696 (taken for 10 years or more) August 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Tinnitus: "I have moderately severe sensorineural hearing loss. Xanax alleviated my tinnitus a great deal for a couple years. After that, I reached tolerance to Xanax and it was no longer effective. What's more, unless I increased the dose, the tinnitus was louder than ever. Because of tolerance, I was having withdrawal symptoms between doses. Since tapering off and discontinuing Xanax, I have been out of my mind with anxiety and loud hissing tinnitus. These will subside as my brain recovers from the damage the drug has caused. Please educate yourselves about benzodiazepines. Don't rely on your doctor because most of them are recklessly uneducated about the dangers of benzos. 0.5 mg. of Xanax is not a low dose; it is roughly equal to 10mg of Valium."

Simonbarsinister August 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Tinnitus: "I have severe tinnitus after having IV antibiotics administered for a systemic infection. This was in 2014. The hair cells in my ears were damaged by the antibiotics. It was impossible to sleep. Tinnitus is constant and loud. I take 3 mg before bedtime so I can fall asleep. The tinnitus wakes me up in the morning. I use hearing aids designed for tinnitus and they help. Unfortunately, the xanax is causing memory loss and changes in my cognition. I want to get off of it. I live alone and am 61 years old. I need to have my brain completely functional to enter old age independently. I'm considering medical detox but have no idea how I will go on with the intense sound in my head. Anyone else detox and find an alternative?"

Hurlgirl (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "I was on Xanax for a couple of years for severe panic attacks. I started out on .25 mg and soon that was not enough. I had to keep increasing the dose as my panic and anxiety increased. I ended up becoming agoraphobic. I could not leave my house without taking a handful of Xanax first. In the end, I was taking way , way, way too much enough to kill an elephant. I know it sounds hard to believe. It's amazing I am still alive. I had to beg my insurance company to put me in the hospital to detox. I tried to kill myself. I almost died while in the hospital. They took me down to 8 mg a day and I had a grand mal seizure and almost died. It was the most horrible experience of my life. Be careful. It's highly addicting."

Stargirlxo August 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "Panic disorder is no fun. You feel like you have nowhere to run and nowhere to hide, and that you are coming to an end! Xanax has helped me against this terrible nervousness, demonic, feeling. I only take it when I truly need it. I take the lowest dose possible 0.25. The thing about this drug is that it makes you feel so relaxed. So people keep taking it, to keep feeling good and that's when it backfires. Please only take it as needed. Don't take it if your not feeling panic at the moment. You have to respect this drug. And taking it when u don't feel panic is not the way to go. Trust me! Prayer and a lil help from xanax can make all the difference in the world!!"

Mannyvic (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "Since my dad got sick and eventually passed away my anxiety depression and fears were just over whelming. I've been having so many intrusive thoughts since then. I had mild depression before he passed its been 5 years and its finally just has destroyed me. I finally went and got help two weeks ago and xanax not only completely calms me down it helps me focus on thing I need to focus on and not let my mind wonder with anxiety and weird thoughts. Miracle drug. Don't abuse it. Use when needed its amazing."

Kingcotten (taken for less than 1 month) August 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I have severe anxiety I started out with 0.5 mg of xanex my Dr just upped it too 1 mg twice a day I have a very understanding Dr. He makes sure I always have 6 months worth I am not addicted because I've gone days with out it"

Lisa 8253 August 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I have been on SSRI's and benzos for probably 3 or 4 years. SSRI's for depression and on top of that benzos for anxiety and panic attacks. Was on ativan for 3 years and it eventually stopped working. Would take 2 0.5mg pills and it would not affect my anxiety at all. Psychiatrist switched me to xanax 0.5mg everyday as needed up to 3 pills a day. It actually works. It takes a few minutes and wipes away any panic attack and softens my anxiety. I am very careful though because I know it can be very addictive. I was clean off the ativan for months and had no withdrawls so I know I was not addicted to that. Have only been on the xanax a few months and I only take it AS NEEDED so not to get addicted."

LumpyNoodle August 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "The one medication that has helped so drastically with depression and anxiety but so addictive if other methods can be found I suggest going down another road"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Alprazolam Intensol (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I suffer from severe depression and anxiety brought on by cancer and anti - hormone drugs. This drug helps me with the panic attacks and anxiety I tend to get almost daily. When I take this medication my attacks are less severe."

Moe12 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "Until yesterday, I was prescribed .5 mg. Alprazolam(xanax) for panic, anxiety and irregular sleep patterns. I took them for four years. I went to my psychiatrist yesterday for my monthly suboxone appointment(6 yrs). The same psychiatrist who prescribed my .5 mg.xanax. I am taking suboxone for chronic pain issues from a MVA. I had been on prescription oxycontin 60 mg, 2x's/d for 11 yrs. and that doctor retired...no doctor would prescribe a full opiate agonist and that was 5yrs. ago. So I was told yesterday that he could no longer prescribed both xanax and suboxone due to state and federal guidelines. This type of inappropriate prescribing is outrageous. Has anyone else come up against this? I never abused either medications."

(jjul) July 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "I was on 8mg of xanax a day yes 8mg that's 4 bars a day for agoraphobia and several other reasons but be careful with this med though it's a life saver I was pulled off cold turkey and almost took my own life and no ER would not help me at all and I went to 4 different ones and drs are acting like your asking for OxyContin these days if you ask for nerve meds so my dr finally took me back and all is well again but if you can avoid it don't get on this med because if you do you are at the mercy of the system because your now on it for life. worst mental mindwithdrawals of my life"

Anonymous July 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I was given an extremely low dosage of this, don't know if that was part of the problem but it didn't do anything for me good or bad."

5150Aries (taken for less than 1 month) July 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I'm a 19 year old girl and I've been diagnosed with Anxiety for a long time but never had an anxiety attack until now. My doctor prescribed me this medicine yesterday after I told her I had an anxiety attack 1 day ago. My heart was literally at a speed of 100 but she gave me medicine to slow it down. It really helped me sleep last night too. This medicine took me about 30-45 minutes to kick in and then it knocked me out and I was fast asleep."

Allison Krug (taken for less than 1 month) July 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "About a year ago I was diagnosed with severe anxiety with panic attacks. Anxiety runs in my family so for me it was not a huge shock for me to have anxiety. I have tried about three different medications that just made me feel awful. I did not feel like myself and I was always sleepy. Once I got put on Xanax with another type of anxiety medication it helped subside my panic attacks. Anytime I would have a panic attack I would take a Xanax and it would help me be able to fell like myself again. I do not take Xanax every day just because I do not have panic attacks everyday and because it is highly addicted. For me this medication worked."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "It really calms me down"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression: "I have taken Xanax for many years at a safe daily dose. I started in 2004 with 0.25 mg three times daily, having severe anxiety attacks while my dad was losing his battle with cancer. As the years progressed and I realized I have a big social anxiety issue, I stayed on Xanax. I couldn't function socially without it. Last year I was diagnosed with menieres disease which causes daily vertigo spells and constant roaring in my ear. My doctor increased my Xanax to .5 mg three times daily, as it helps with these symptoms. Not long ago I was diagnosed with clinical depression. I was put on Celexa but am hating the side effects. I took myself off Zoloft twice in the past because of the side effects. Xanax has truly been a life saver for me"

Tacro1723 July 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "Yes, this drug works well regarding how fast my anxiety dissipated. My 1st prescription & experience with a drug in the benzo-class. It worked quite a while. My Dr. began my dose 3, 2mg 'bars' a day I had no anxiety. Instead, I felt an alcohol intoxication feeling. My body/brain built a tolerance. I was taking 5 to 7, 2 mgs a day. I functioned as well as anyone. Save for the constant anxiety, I felt great. I decided to stop. I never felt worse. My 5 yr anxiety trial was 10 fold. I began have seizures, cramping, not sleeping, anything, clothing touching skin made my entire body spasm. It is best taken in a low dosage & probably only when one feels an attack. I now take a medication, a benzo-class, lower dose, take less & in therapy. "

TJ3 (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xanax XR (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "I take 0.5mg every morning for almost the past 5 years. I use this in conjunction with Lexapro and Trazodone. After being a long time sufferer of anxiety, which then resulted into depression, I finally sought help. My doc prescribed the Xanax XR and it worked immediately, within days I felt good again. I was told that the Lexapro took about 6 weeks to work, which it did and I feel even felt better. Taking the Lexapro I think has helped me not to increase the dosage of the XR, which has helped me with my maintenance. The Trazodone ensures my full night of sleep. Although I don't like having to take all these meds, my life has improved significantly."

Michael008 July 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I had problems driving over bridges so I got Xanax .25mg. I then read the product info, it said, "Do Not take this drug while driving." I also was waking up at 3 or 4 am, not being able to go back to sleep. I was prescribed Ambien but told to take it as I went to sleep. I still woke up after 5 hours even if I took the stronger 8 hour Ambien. I was depressed. Once I night walked & fell downstairs. I decided to take Xanax for my racing mind at 3 am, it works great. I have been taking it for 20 years; have none of the side effects described. When I travel or stay in loud places I take 2 Xanax & sleep better than ever. I have never taken more than 2 in 24 hours. I am 65 & can hike up & down for 8 hours. Still only sleep 5 to 6 hours a night, works for me."

Khaton (taken for 10 years or more) July 13, 2017