User Reviews for Alprazolam

Also known as: Alprazolam Intensol, Niravam, Xanax, Xanax XR

Learn more about Alprazolam.

Dysautonomia 5 reviews 53 medications

8.6
Borderline Personality Disorder 1 reviews 0 medications

Summary of Alprazolam reviews 878 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Alprazolam

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "Ever since my hot flashes started I couldn't sleep..when I say, I couldn't sleep, I mean I spent 8 years with maybe 2-3 hours of sleep per night...I just tossed and turned, watched tv. My PC prescribed every sleep medication under the moon, nothing helped. I mean NO SLEEP FOR YEARS...ambien, lunesta, seroquil. Zolpidem. Then he suggested a psychiatrist thinking some other issue was causing my insomnia. I would actually look at my bed and dread getting into it because I knew how long the night would be. Well, my " nut dr. " prescribed a few and none worked. lol finally she started me on Xanax. Let me tell you...I really don't care what addiction I might have, what risks there are...I can finally sleep and no after effects. A God Send"

Mare54 (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 27, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "I was put in a mental hospital (Involuntarily) and was given alprazolam 2mg bar as a anxiety med. This med completely knocked me out. When I woke up I didn't have any idea what I had done before I took the pill and I didn't remember falling asleep. I think this medication can be really dangerous if not taken responsibly and I would not recommend this medication at all."

TyAR3528 (taken for less than 1 month) March 24, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "All of the side effects listed for alprazolam, are completely ridiculous. It's sooo long, and most of the side effects must be from another medication. Most side effects from alprazolam are: tiredness, don't drive until your used to the medication They don't cause weight gain, or weight loss, don't cause any change in libido I can't even begin to explain why this website mentions every part of your body affected, including death. Now, there is a few things you really shouldn't mix with alprazolam, like pain pills. Which is true. But simply you take this medication, it makes you calm right away. And it has a short half life, so it's out of your system in no time. The list of 100 or so side effects just don't happen, unless your allergic."

Wenlea (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 22, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "Please try a different benzo before this drug. It's a life ruiner. The effects are so strong and leave the body quickly it makes you crave more. Tolerance builds like crazy with this drug too. I suggest klonopin. It works great and lasts a lot longer. Withdrawal is horrible from Xanax. You can die from it. Also comes with severe memory loss while taking it."

Nuitdelamort (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 21, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "I have gone on and off of Xanax for a couple years now and all I can say is that it WORKS! I take 1mg (or break in half) and my anxiety symptoms reduce. Sometimes I get really woozy from anxiety/panic, and this helps quickly- along with CBT (type of therapy). I can't give it a 10/10 because getting off of alprazolam is not a nice process. So, I try to limit how often I take it as best I can. Some weeks I need it more than others."

stephlyudmila (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 19, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "Only med that has ever really worked for me. I've tried every holistic approach to treat my anxiety, taking a .25 takes the edge off like nothing else. I'm afraid to take meds but taking xanax doesn't make me nervous. I only take it when my anxiety and panic come back, sometimes I have it under control for long periods of time. I read a lot of negative things about becoming addicted and the withdrawal effects but most of us who really suffer hate taking meds. We rather get better with no drugs. It helps me calm down so I can think clearly and get through the day or night. Wanted to post something positive for those who are afraid to take it."

Bellaspud March 16, 2017

28 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Xanax XR (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "I take it at night in order to sleep because of a bad insomnia side effect from a MAOI. But now, if I miss just one night of the med, I wake up with paralyzing anxiety - chest tightness and heart palpitations. This drug does its job most of the time but it creates physical and psychological dependency and an AM hangover. I am looking to wean off of this soon once my new psychiatrist introduces other med changes. I see other users below saying they cut them in half - my psychiatrist said that is dangerous because of the XR properties. That is why the XR pills are not scored. I repeat - regular use of this med creates dependency."

happypills8 (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 15, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "For my Sleep Anxiety Depression I have been on many different benzos there are different compounds in the benzo family the ones I've tried at least one in every compound the ones I've tried; Ativan, clonazepam, oxazepam, temazepam, Valium, triazolam, and even midazolam which is used in IV sedation all which have done nothing I have severe troubles staying asleep through the night. Even on first night of all listed above no improvement I woke up every hour to hour and a half. And people say midazolam puts them out not me. But I got Xanax and wow what a difference it's made so far instead of waking up every hr on the hr out of 8 hrs gone to waking up only 1-2 times. My Dr prescribed 1-2mg at bedtime Been on only .5mg for 3 days but wow"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 11, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "Doctor had me on Xanax three times a day to try and stop my anxiety depression from furthering. While Xanax is wonderful for anxiety, be careful, the withdrawal can be nasty if you don't get off it properly. Needless to say I get timid taking it now cause of that. However, it helps in times of crisis."

Greekboii March 6, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I've been taking xanax for anxiety and its s life saver!! Works really well; always carry a bottle in my purse. The only cons are that it can make me sleepy at times and it has an unpleasant aftertaste."

Anonymous please (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 4, 2017

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "I have been on xanax since my first attack in my mid to late 20's I'm now 59. At first I was taking .5 mg 3x a day it worked wonders for many years, then my mother was dying of cancer my anxiety came back 10 fold also my child became a severe alcoholic and almost died. I now take 1mg 4x a day just to cope with the daily anxiety and it helps me to feel normal in a un normal world. Unfortunately now my new med doc wants to start weaning me off, which has caused me more anxiety. I feel don't fix whats not broken. But I was told at my age it could cause me to start falling down or lose my balance and become forgetful, really please those things come with age anyway, I've never abused my meds, I'm not falling down or forgetting either."

zagnut1958 February 20, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Xanax (alprazolam) for Depression: "From 2002-2017 I have been on many different types of medications klonopin, Valium and xanax, not to mention all the psych drugs none that helped until my Dr. realized I had social anxiety and paralyzing panic attacks. By far the the best for not only my depression but my anxiety as well was xanax 2mg. I had to take at least the full bar to ease my anxiety however not only did it help with my fears and anxiety but it helped with my depression which stemmed from my constant panic attacks. It is easily abused however when it's needed it's a savior and can help me get what I need to accomplish done as a mother a wife and a personal trainer/ lifeguard and graduate of Homeland Security and Emergency management which without xanax I wouldn't have"

Bently Rose February 19, 2017

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "Took two 2mg.xanax this evening and a suboxone last night. No affects noted. Are there any precautions I should be aware of??? Thank you..."

wanagi49 February 19, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "This medication is a miracle if you have extreme anxiety and panic attacks. I've been on it close to 10 years and have never changed my dose. If you don't overuse it and only take it when you can't take the anxiety anymore then you should be fine. Within about a half hour I'm feeling much better and my anxiety is at bay."

Brian8511 February 19, 2017

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "Hello all, I'm 34 years old and have fibromyalgia and Anxiety. I have taken all the anti-depressants out there and xanax is the only one that truly helped me. I have been on xanax for the last 8 years of my life. I am prescribed two 2 mgs a day. I take it as needed, and often I split a 2 mg in half. If I'm off work for a day, I will maybe take a quarter to half for the entire day. Recently my regular doctor weaned me off of it, I thought I would be okay, instead I started having panic attacks every day. They were so bad that even being around 1 or 2 friends, for a long period of time, I would almost lose my shit. I had seven or eight 1 mg xanax left when I saw a psychiatrist, I told him what was happening and he wrote me a script instantly."

Freddy D (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 17, 2017

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Xanax XR (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "Switched from xanax 2mg 1/2 to one tab 2x daily (AN for anxiety, PTSD, panic disorder) to Xanax xr 1mg twice daily with .5 xanax once daily AN for panic. The only thing Xanax Xr did was give me waves of relief, along with waves of anxiety also. Went through my xanax script quicker as it helped greatly compared to XR & needed less. Alprazolam is meant for short acting Anxiety relief. XR is marketing scheme, cost 26$ comp. to 0$ for xanax(w/ ins) Clonazepam,or Diazepam is much more suited for longer acting benzos that help with anxiety. Xanax XR makes it more difficult to stop using & get addicted much easier,than safely taking your regular xanax, as can break em apart, if you feel you need less one day, one week, you can wean yourself easier"

McFly2020 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 12, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Panic Disorder: "I get severe anxiety even to go to the store, I would not feel comfortable eating in public, Just to leave my house my anxiety over whelmes me so much costing me to the point I will isolate myself from public.. then came along Xanax and did it's job what it's supposed to do and all the nightmare anxiety went all away, yes it is addictive, but it works magic in my opinion it's like a God sent medicine for people like me with extreme anxiety and insomnia. I tried vistruil and others didn't help like Xanax"

Ramon Anthony Cameron (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 4, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "Taking for GAD. Highly recommend as long as you do NOT abuse it and ONLY take it as prescribed. Starts working in about 15 minutes. Only downside is wears off rather quickly for me, but maybe that's because I've been taking it for so long. You can quickly build up a tolerance, which is a downside. No negative side effects at all. I honestly cannot function without it. Be careful, though. I am not addicted to this medication, but I'm totally dependent on it. I guess I can't say that's a bad thing since it's doing what it's supposed to do, which is help calm panic attacks and keep my anxiety at a more tolerable level so I can function day-to-day. People like me who NEED it don't get a "high" from it."

CokoPicasso (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 3, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I live with PTSD, social anxiety, panic, depression (manic). I've had a rough life in the early years, and married young to a psycho. Then lost my first child. My life hasn't stopped taking as of today- I tend to hide away, in a literal sense. Locking all doors behind me. Recently the FDA marked Xanax a black label- (saying it's a killing drug with pain meds taken together) thanks to rich people and their drinking with meds, and those high profile dealers out there mixing fentenyl into simple drugs, and doctors prescribing 2mg Xanax pills several per day.., people like me get to be sick and be removed from 3 -1m tabs per day that were to help us be part of society- while we search for another medication to help us get there again.. "

Angel in a lot of Pain ty FDA January 31, 2017

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "Thank you Xanax for the best sleep ever!"

AngeloXanax (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 30, 2017

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression: "I was on the brink of a major breakdown duenrin to stress. I am 48 and this drugs helped me more than what I so can say. I am thankful for it when I did need it."

sunshine6j9 January 26, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "In a case of emergency, I would take Xanax during the day. But, I usually take it at night to go to bed and to stop the anxiety and panic attacks. It makes me feel so sleepy, I don't know how anyone can take it during the day. I felt high as a kite. It works, that's for sure."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 22, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "Xanax has been a life saver for me. I have been diagnosed with panic disorder and depression since I was a teenager. I learned through lots of therapy that my issues are environmental and chemical. There are times when meditating and positive affirmations do not work during my attacks. This is when I take my Xanax so I can function like a normal human being. I do not abuse my Xanax and have been on the same dose (0.5mg) for the last 10 years. There was a time that I was having multiple panic attacks daily for months. Xanax helped me stay sane until my psychiatric found the right SSRI for me. I think that this drug is great as long as you have a good doctor and use the appropriate amount."

DogMom123 (taken for 10 years or more) January 16, 2017

23 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Panic Disorder: "I don't think I could function without this medication. I only take it when I have a panic attack or when I having a lot of anxiety. It works great for me."

Sheltons Star (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 12, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I suffer from emetophobia-related panic attacks and anxiety, and this drug is just a godsend. I try to reserve it until I really need it as I know that, based on my personality, I could pretty easily become dependent. If it wasn't for the issues with dependency and withdrawal it would be a ten out of ten for me. I will note that after I stopped using it semi-regularly, I became better at dealing with anxiety "on my own" so to speak, and experienced less anxiety overall as I improved my coping skills. Still, I'm really grateful for this medication and encourage other miserably anxious people out there to discuss it with their doctors. It really improved my life when I thought nothing could."

Eliza_os January 10, 2017