User Reviews for Alprazolam

5.5

1 review 0 medications
Summary of Alprazolam reviews 8.9 1,013 reviews

Reviews for Alprazolam

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I have been taking Xanax for a while now and it really controlled my anxiety. I also have afib and anyone who has it knows how annoying that can be. Now when I have afib I take a Xanax and calms it down I also spoke to several people who have afib and yes Xanax helps calm it down. So don't let any doctors tell you any different Xanax can be a wonder drug when used properly"

Mikeyboy 60 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 16, 2018

For Anxiety: "This is the best drug for anxiety. The first few times I took it, it made me sleepy, but it's not as bad now. Perfect for just before socializing (for me). I think one bottle of 30 lasted me 18 months or more. Only needed once or twice a month, and that worked great for my needs."

rlcourtney (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 5, 2018

Xanax XR (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "I think Xanax Xr is helpful for panic disorder and anxiety in general, but it doesn’t last a full 24 hours. It also helps with social anxiety. It is a little pricey without insurance, but if you can find some decent deals out there."

Jdschmid1189 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 4, 2018

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "The negative reviews on here about this med are coming from people who take it everyday. Folks, DO NOT take this medicine every day it's for occasional use only. It's like alcohol; having a drink once in a while here or there is fine but getting drunk all day every day is obviously not a good idea. Same thing with the Xanax. Taking it once in a while when required is fine but using it every day will give you horrible withdrawals. I have the XR version that I literally take "once in a blue moon" for emergency situations only. It works great. Basic rule of thumb: don't take it more than once per week and if you have to don't take it more than 2 days in a row."

dustbunny123 June 25, 2018

For Anxiety: "Alprazolam helped me through menopause, got me to retirement in a disorganized school district with nothing but behavioral problems. It is now helping with the anxiety attacks I have been having since I had a TIA, mild stroke, while in the classroom."

Dee Dee (taken for 10 years or more) June 19, 2018

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "Hello I've been taking xanax for 25 years and still going, it's done wonderful in my life. But also it's not for everyone."

Gretchen (taken for 10 years or more) June 17, 2018

For Not Listed / Other: "I have suffered from PTSD and depression/anxiety as the result of a bad childhood. I was on Clonipin and the only thing that has ever made me feel able to function is Xanax, it is hard to get from doctors and I am thankful for my Doctor because I am 42 and just lost my father and have a 6 year old who is being affected by my severe sadness and anxiety, this medication is a life saver. I have tried all the other anxiety medicines and this is by far the very best."

Me (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 14, 2018

For Panic Disorder: "really helps with anxiety and panic attacks"

fangy (taken for 10 years or more) June 11, 2018

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "Seriously I would be dead without this medication. Pop culture has given it the bad rep but as a prescribed user of this god sent medicine from the beautiful minds at pfizer I humbly thank you for saving my life. Had I known and addressed my severe depression, agoraphobia, anxiety & PTSD, (the alphabet goes on).. I would have NEVER SUFFERED FROM A STROKE IN 2010 DUE TO MY CONDITIONS that I had no idea there was a word for what's wrong with me. This is a quick acting short shelf life in the system type of medicine so it's a here, now, gone feeling. The low doses are like a mini invisible hug, the 2 mgs help me sleep and dream of a better life and wake up to my Starbucks feeling alert as the medicine did it's thing on my heart and mind. If during the day I feel sick with chest pain from anxiety it offers immediate relief. I am responsible in my consumption. Thank you to the hard working medical professionals for understanding the pain of the unseen sicknesses."

ShaolinXantastic (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 9, 2018

For Anxiety: "This does't work"

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) June 6, 2018

Alprazolam Intensol (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "͏Li͏f͏e saver indeed. Sometimes I feel as if I can’t breathe and small places freak me out so this medication cures that !"

Orca (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 21, 2018

For Anxiety: "After 23 years of severe anxiety/panic disorder alprazolam is a miracle drug for me. I went from avoiding phone calls and knocks on the door to walking into a room full of strangers."

Joe (taken for 10 years or more) May 17, 2018

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "Careful with this one. Very addictive. It was prescribed for anxiety but after a while I found myself habitually taking it and getting desperately anxious when I didn’t. Addiction to barbiturates in my mid forties was not part of the plan, so I stopped. Withdrawals were terrible. I also, experienced short term memory issues. I achieved safer results with anti-depressants, although they take a week or more to ‘work’ they are not addictive. Lifestyle changes also helped, no drinking, took up jogging, gym and watching what I eat and being more mindful of the spiritual aspects of life. Pretty obvious stuff really..."

GJ (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 13, 2018

For Panic Disorder: "This medication is amazing. The only real drug that gives us with true panic disorder/agoraphobia a fighting chance at a normal existence."

Ash (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 11, 2018

For Anxiety: "I’m a very anxious person and have frequent panic attacks. I also suffer from PTSD I’ve been abused as a child and during my marriage and I have been raped 2 times and my anxiety level is off the chart. In all reality this medicine has saved my life."

Chrissy (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 10, 2018

For Anxiety: "Worked great for 17 year! Now the VA changed to Hydroxyine Pamoate ! (IT SUCKS). Baclofen! (IT SUCKS). Why is it that when you have something that works; some doctor higher up the food chain, changes my meds because they are worried they are Addictive? My Father always told me "If is not broken, do not try and fix it or make it better!""

Fox (taken for 10 years or more) May 2, 2018

Alprazolam Intensol (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "This helps me a lot with my anxiety/panic disorder the only thing I don't like about it is that it seems to make me really tired when I take it in the morning before my class other than that I haven't had a panic attack since I've started this medication works really well."

Lee April 26, 2018

For Anxiety: "After 5 years of using it from manufacturer Mylan and working great my last refill was from manufacturer Actavis and it does not work at all. Been in withdrawal for 2 days and am calling to see what I can do to get back to Mylan. Actavis Alprazolam is a failure I will look in to suing do to being fraudulent!"

thebobd April 21, 2018

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "This is one of those medications that you try to avoid due to "bad press," That being said, it has saved my life. I went from being home bound agoraphobic to traveling outside my home, getting and maintaining a 12 hour job and this year going back to college to finish my nursing degree. This is what this medication was originally made for....to give those like us a chance at a normal life. So sad so many are deprived this miracle drug due to a few bad apples. No memory impairment thus far and I have been on this med for years. Not expensive. No bad side effects other than an occasional headache. Wonderful medication!"

Dawnie (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 12, 2018

Xanax XR (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "“I’m a proud United States Veteran, unfortunately I suffer from several mental illnesses due to service related issues. Panic disorder with agoraphobia being the worse and most debilitating one for me. I have been on almost ever SSRI, SNRI, MAOI, TCA’s, Beta blockers and antipsychotics. With nothing working but benzodiazepines! I have been on Klonopin, Valium, Ativan and Xanax They all work well but Xanax ER out of the Benzo family works best in my opinion. I was recently put on Xanax XR instead of Xanax IR and it works amazing for me! last through out the whole day nice and steady and I’m not even thinking about a next dose. Words cant describe how much it has changed my life in this past month. I take 1mg twice a day!"

Collin11 April 7, 2018

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I've taken xanax regularly for ~5 years. Having to deal with severe family issues, my general anxiety disorder has ramped up considerably these past 5 years. My dosage varies, as I take it as needed. Some days I take 1mg and many days I take none at all. I probably average .25mg/day and it has been extremely beneficial to me. Even on my worst days I realize that taking more won't help, and I will just have to get through that day at a maximum of 1mg. For me, xanax has been a very helpful tool in my turbulent life and as things start to level out, my usage decreases."

Phat Phil (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 7, 2018

For Panic Disorder: "it is great medicine so please don't be afraid to take this drug if you are suffering form anxiety, depression or panic attack. believe me if god exists then it is in alprazolam so please take care of your self and live healthy and long nirav goradia"

bachu jaga and sons (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 27, 2018

For Anxiety: "Taking low dosage daily no more than 0.750 mg in any days anxiety cause by family issues however I don’t drink or take any drugs this medication along with exercises help me greatly there are days I don’t take any it works great I can actually leave a normal life hope this can help others"

Al March 25, 2018

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "Xanax is my miracle drug, but if you run out you are in for big trouble. You can have seizures, a stoke, or even death. Please be careful...but it definitely changed my life and has actually given my life back."

Pebbles523 (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 25, 2018

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "I am one of those scared of taking any medication related to psych . I had a stable job for 20 years before the onset of anxiety and panic disorder . I thought I will brave it . So read books , took yoga etc, but it only got worse. Before long it was affecting by performance at work. Finally getting into elevators became impossible. Then I became almost house bound . People even began to notice . That’s when I resolved to solve this problem once and for all. After several trials with my doctor I found xanax and it completely changed my life. I take 0.5 mg daily . All my symptoms are gone . Thank goodness for that medication."

Nick March 23, 2018