User Reviews for Alprazolam

Also known as: Alprazolam Intensol, Niravam, Xanax, Xanax XR

Learn more about Alprazolam.

Dysautonomia 5 reviews 53 medications

8.6
Borderline Personality Disorder 1 reviews 0 medications

Summary of Alprazolam reviews 856 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Alprazolam

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "Xanax has been a life saver for me. I have been diagnosed with panic disorder and depression since I was a teenager. I learned through lots of therapy that my issues are environmental and chemical. There are times when meditating and positive affirmations do not work during my attacks. This is when I take my Xanax so I can function like a normal human being. I do not abuse my Xanax and have been on the same dose (0.5mg) for the last 10 years. There was a time that I was having multiple panic attacks daily for months. Xanax helped me stay sane until my psychiatric found the right SSRI for me. I think that this drug is great as long as you have a good doctor and use the appropriate amount."

DogMom123 (taken for 10 years or more) January 16, 2017

For Panic Disorder: "I don't think I could function without this medication. I only take it when I have a panic attack or when I having a lot of anxiety. It works great for me."

Sheltons Star (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 12, 2017

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I suffer from emetophobia-related panic attacks and anxiety, and this drug is just a godsend. I try to reserve it until I really need it as I know that, based on my personality, I could pretty easily become dependent. If it wasn't for the issues with dependency and withdrawal it would be a ten out of ten for me. I will note that after I stopped using it semi-regularly, I became better at dealing with anxiety "on my own" so to speak, and experienced less anxiety overall as I improved my coping skills. Still, I'm really grateful for this medication and encourage other miserably anxious people out there to discuss it with their doctors. It really improved my life when I thought nothing could."

Eliza_os January 10, 2017

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I suffer from complicated grief and PTSD, I lost my only child to severe mental illness almost six years ago. My anxiety is through the roof right now. Psychiatrist prescribed Ativan but it does nothing really (.5 MG) compared to Alprazolam (generic for Xanax). Even splitting a .5 MG pill helps me to stop frantic behaviors. But this stuff is addictive, you have to be careful never to go over prescribed daily dose and I don't know how difficult it will be to stop this medication, if I ever decide to do that."

FidMom (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 8, 2017

For Tinnitus: "I've been experiencing tinnitus since a severe ear infection and infection of my mastoid cell located behind my ear on my skull which resulted in extreme fullness and hearing loss. After getting my ear suctioned because antibiotics weren't helping and a tube put in I got my hearing back in my left ear but was left with bothersome tinnitus. To the point it was driving me crazy!!! That's been 7 years now. My family Dr recently prescribed xanex for my anxiety and panic attacks. I take .5 twice a day and I couldn't believe it all but eliminated 90% of the high pitch in my ear! I still can't believe it and plan bringing it up at my next appointment. I started researching and so happy I'm not alone with this experience. I can wait to tell my Dr!"

DDLT (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 6, 2017

Xanax XR (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "Im not sure if its doing anything. No side effects. O.5 mg 2x daily."

Notsure134566 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 6, 2017

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I have suffered from anxiety & panic attacks since Kindergarten! I "self medicated",w/alcohol & weed, until they became an "issue",to say the least! I hit rock bottom almost losing my family, my job,tried AA, Shrinks, until I had a full blown attack.I thought I was having a heart attack ,sweating,rapid heart beat ,etc .I also dreaded any social affairs,or changes in my life .I thought I was just missing a link,not "normal",whatever that is! I went to my Dr & he prescribed .25mg, the lowest .But I was able to 'function" ,go to weddings ,NOT drink ,since 1999. I'm now on the 2mg addicted? I am able to live w/o alcohol & function, but do feel it ,if I don't take it.Trade off? Maybe,but it's better than being a "captive" of my fears. Just be you!:)"

EDMO' (taken for 10 years or more) January 5, 2017

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I haven't seen a xanax in the US from a US pharmacy with the name brand xanax scored on the pill in over 20 years. these had no taste. Real xanax have a very distinct taste. and it never melted in my mouth. xanax always melt in my mouth within a few minutes. I've seen videos on youtube of people pressing them. My advice is. Get a prescription from a doctor and get them from the pharmacy because that wasn't the first time I saw these.. The streets are flooded with these bars."

Unib0mb (taken for less than 1 month) January 4, 2017

Xanax XR (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I am impressed, after 31 years on IR xanax and alprazalom 1mg. 3 times a day and all the highs and lows about a year an a half ago I started to taper off. I would break a piece off of each one or sometimes split one in half. Seriously addicted and missing a dose would be brutal,I wanted off of these. It took a year to get to 1/2 mg 3 times a day and I felt the same but was leary of going lower. My Doctor prescibed me 1mg xr that I take at 9am and 1/2 mg ir to take as needed. Needless to say I was shocked that they last so long. I used to take my last dose at 1am and I don't even feel like I need it now. I don't want to wake in the middle of the night so I have for the past 3 nights I took 1/4mg and I think someday I'll be off completely."

capgeo1947 January 4, 2017

For Anxiety: "Very addictive neurotoxin. Stops working after a few months. Withdrawals include problems like psychosis, and dementia."

Carly34 December 30, 2016

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I've been on quite a few different kinds of medications for anxiety and depression, but I've never had a reaction quite like I did with this one. Within hours of taking it for the first time, I began to feel nauseous, drowsy, uncoordinated, shaky; my vision was blurry and I couldn't drive a car. These symptoms persisted until I stopped the medication. I tried it once or twice after stopping the first time, and the horrible symptoms came right back. I couldn't even do my work. If you have any sensitivities to this medication I would not recommend it. I'm no doctor, but even I know when a pill isn't worth the risk."

HughMS December 28, 2016

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I have bipolar 1, GAD & PTSD. I can't rage antidepressants (even on mood stabilizers) because of the bipolar disorder and buspirone proved useless for me. Xanax has really helped me keep my anxiety under control. I don't get the sedating effects that most people seem to. I've been on the same dose for over five years. When my mother passed away, I was also on ativan PRN for a short period of time and sometimes I wish I still had that, too. Not for everyday use, just for extremely triggering events."

espresso_dreams (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 27, 2016

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "I have been on a fairly high dose of this medication for over 6 years now. I can not tell you enough that it is an extremly horrible idea for long term use 2 times daily or more or even less any long term use of this drug to me is almost a death sentence for that person it is probably the most difficult thing to stay off of if used for more then a month or 2 straight. Im trying to get off them now myself but I am so very deep in a hole its almost hard to see the end. Once you stop say goodbye to sleep for a while and feeling like complete psychosis for the next few weeks or months till your brain comes back from the hole you dug for it. If I could go back and never take a benzo I would in a heart beat ssris and ssnris never worked for me."

Mrwrong (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 26, 2016

For Panic Disorder: "Honestly Xanax pretty much saved my life. I know some people have bad reactions to it, but that is few and far between. The rest of you that had problems clearly didn't read up on it-- which you should always do with your medications. All I can really say is that I went from having like 1-4 panic attacks a week to one every six months or so when I take this medicine as needed. I function so much better as a human being, and am forever grateful that I got out on the right meds."

Ella Mental December 25, 2016

For Anxiety: "I took this drug for 27 years. Worked like a charm. Then, my doc cut me off. Bad drug, etc. I had withdrawal for one solid year. I was all over the place. I even found myself stopped in the middle of the highway for no reason. I couldn't even work. The withdrawal is the worst part. This miracle drug helped me but it is like someone kicking a herion addiction, Methadone needs to be taken for life. My drug use didn't increase so that was not a problem. I had the same usage everyday. Two .05 mg but the withdrawal kicked my ass. I would not tell anyone to take this long term."

Chitowngal (taken for 10 years or more) December 22, 2016

For Anxiety: "I hate medication. I avoid it because I'm always afraid of side effects. I started on a low dose of this medication and gradually had it increased. It has no side effects to speak of. I simply found relief from the panicking and constant fear. It just made me feel normal again. Listen to your doctor and don't self medicate. Take only what is prescribed and I believe you will feel better. I do."

3in1 TWBD (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 16, 2016

For Anxiety: "Used only to sleep. After effects is nervousness"

Eddy Montes December 15, 2016

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I have severe social anxiety and have tried every other medicine out there and nothing has worked. Xanax so far has changed my life. I'm able to talk to people and look them in the eye and not feel stupid every where I went. I take .5mg 3 times a day. I'm just worried about the addiction part. I've heard it's pretty bad. But I rather be happy all the time than having panic attacks all the time."

Jgm1987 December 14, 2016

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "For years, I didn't know I was suffering from Anxiety and Panic Attacks. My doctor told me what was happening to me & prescribed Xanax. It helps me TREMENDOUSLY. I feel "normal" now. Been using it for 10 years."

Miss FiFi December 13, 2016

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "I took prozac for 12 years, and it became more less useful to me as I became more tolerant. However I cannot live without it due to my condition of extreme severe anxiety and panic. I grew up with this disorder and as an adult I can't control it at points. I have never had an addictive nature. And I do not take it on a daily regimen. I refuse to be addicted or forever bound to a drug. So I use other methods of meditation and zen relaxation techniques even sleeping all I need to when I can on days I can. However, I have high stress days, that even prozac doesn't help these nature elements and body chemicals that I had to look for an alternative. I started using Xanax. Due to its addictive nature, I broke them in 4, taking in smaller doses"

Now body (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 13, 2016

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "I take 0.5 mg xanax as needed, which I have been on for a few months. I suffer PTSD panic attacks and xanax is the only thing that helps. I don't always need it and can go weeks without needing to take one."

What works for me December 13, 2016

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I have been on Xanax since 2007 when I was watching my mother slowly suffer. I started on 0.25 mg and eventually the dose was not enough. Now ordered 1 mg in morning and 2 mg at night. It works ,however I have cognitive impairment and all I want to do is sleep and my memory is pretty shot. I weaned myself down very ,very slowly and got down to 1 mg daily at night, but then some negative events happened and I was going into a panic attack. I know this medication works, but I would not take it unless it is a must."

Brain Dead December 13, 2016

For Depression: "My doctor prescribed this to me for the depressive episodes (as part of my bipolar dx). At 0.5mg, that was sufficient to stop crying, but I was exhausted, mentally. Perhaps numb. Not sure if it was from the depression/crying or the medicine. At 1mg, it knocks me out. I now use it mainly for insomnia, and no more than once a week. Any more than 0.5mg at 11pm and I will not get up on time for work. Because this is my own use, I confided in a friend (who had a stroke) and he confessed he had been doing the same thing until his MD stopped him. I believe insomnia may be a good use for this medicine IF USED CORRECTLY. I know it may have addictive potential. Monitor yourself."

As Needed Only. (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 11, 2016

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "Xanax does feel like a miracle drug, but then addictive drugs always do at 1st. All is fine, for someone with anxiety there definitely does seem to be some kind of euphoria, because you feel like you can properly have jokes, interact socially, be yourself again e.t.c. It's only a band-aid, I know it's not an ideal world where everyone can get the best therapies e.t.c. but in truth it doesn't work forever and many people (such as myself) end up with inter-dose withdrawals and 'psychological dependence', ("OMG I FORGOT TO PACK MY XANAX HOW WILL I COPE?"). Compared to the withdrawals I experienced (no seizures thank god), the anxiety that made me go to the doc in the 1st place was very minor. I would advise use for no more than a month."

Matt Hopland (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 10, 2016

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "Let's be honest guys if you have anxiety you know too well it's the only thing that helps. I've tried several others medications for my anxiety but non of them worked so well as xanax. I've tried Paxil Amitriptyline Zyprexa Celexa Seroquel. All of them were a waste of time. The only problem with xanax is that it is addictive and becomes really easily habit forming because it WORKS!"

❤️ (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 10, 2016