User Reviews for Alprazolam

5.5

1 review 0 medications
Summary of Alprazolam reviews 8.9 1,067 reviews

Reviews for Alprazolam

For Anxiety: "I have been on alprazolam for years as a when required for panic attacks. It is a miracle and does not slow me down, make me sleepy or cause any other effects than the relief of anxiety, panic, catastrophic thoughts, freeze-or-flight reactions, and accompanying somatic symptoms. My psychiatrist prescribes 5 pills a month. I've never had to increase the dose/amount or felt any "craving" this drug in the 8 yrs I've taken it. I have briefly tried the newfangled expensive meds that don't even help anxiety (like antihistamines and antipsychotics--what are the pharma companies thinking?!) and can cause terrible side effects like EPS, RLS, akathisia and metabolic symptoms b/c I was sick of hearing the anti-benzo party line. I'm glad I chose to think for myself and that my doctor doesn't buy into scare tactics manufactured for reasons other than people's health."

AnxiousAutistic March 16, 2019

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "I've taken Xanax for thirty years, and I had to only increase the dosage once! I would've lost my job if I didn't take it. In my opinion it's a miracle drug; thats why I've stayed with it all these years.!!!"

Bigboy (taken for 10 years or more) March 5, 2019

For Anxiety: "Medication works great when used as directed. Developed crippling anxiety after a traumatic life experience and loss of a close family member. Xanax saved me, but I started to become dependent. So I came off it. It is easy to see how dangerous it is, even with responsible patients."

Mikey (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 27, 2019

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "Very effective for panic and insomnia. I take it as needed."

tomnick (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 20, 2019

For Panic Disorder: "This medication paired with my bupropion (Wellbutrin) saved my life.. literally. After a long battle with severe depression as a college student & suffering from the terrible effects of Zoloft then to find out I had severe Hypothyroidism (Hashimotos) I then found myself in the ER one night on vacation thinking I was having a seizure. I thought I was dying or having a heart attack because I had never felt that way before. Come to find out I had panic disorder, & Xanax was a life saver. Much better than Ativan. I was really anxious to take Xanax at first because of bad reputation and always hearing of abuse but if you actually need it & take it for the right reasons, it’s a god sent from heaven. I started off with 0.5 twice a day plus as needed if panic episodes were and, and now I only take them when absolutely necessary! 10/10 recommend and the generic is so cheap with insurance."

Xxkg February 19, 2019

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "Do not be afraid to try this medicine!! The stigma of this drug caused me to avoid it for about 15 years. If I was prescribed it I flushed it down the toilet. I FINALLY took one when I was so desperate I didn’t have any other choice. I take 0.5 most days. People take all kinds of medication for all kinds of other diseases. Anxiety and depression are a disease just the same as anything else. It’s a shame that we are made to feel like we’re doing something wrong for using Xanax. It has helped me control my anxiety and depression for about 8 years now. Without it I honestly don’t know what would have happened to me by now. It stops the terrible cycle of impending doom. It has kept me from going in to major anxiety and depression so many times I can’t count. Mental problems are the hardest thing I’ve EVER dealt with in my life. I’m almost 45 and have been fighting this since be I was 18. Whoever you are I hope wholeheartedly that you find help and hold on."

Jen February 6, 2019

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "Do not use these daily or you'll become addicted. They are great for the occasional anxiety as they work fast. But the half life is so very very short that you can easily start going into withdrawals after a few days. Be careful with this benzo!"

Pocariboy (taken for less than 1 month) February 5, 2019

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "I was first diagnosed with panic disorder and agoraphobia 40 years ago after seeing many doctors I finally found one that understood the brain's chemistry. My mother had it and never left the house due to severe agoraphobia, and both of my children developed panic disorder. I have been on Xanax .5 four times a day for 37 years and was told because of my brain chemistry that I will need to take it forever. No one would ever guess I take Xanax as it does not slow me down only make me able to function daily and travel for work. For those of us with panic disorder it is a lifesaver."

Grammyto5 (taken for 10 years or more) February 4, 2019

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "Best medication for anxiety. Kills anxiety instantly and makes you feel good. It’s sedative but it’s worth it."

TJ (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 3, 2019

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "Jewels411. No, you're not crazy. I took Xanax 35 years. Yes it definitely helped. But warning, extremely addictive. It can ruin your life. I would recommend Valium. It will relieve your anxiety, yet doesn't have near the addictive traits. Good Luck."

KM (taken for 10 years or more) January 16, 2019

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "I've been taking xanax 4mg daily for severe panic disorder and agoraphobia since 2014. This drug is a miracle, it gave me my life back. I'm able to work and enjoy my life again instead of being bed ridden. I experienced no side effects either. If not for xanax I would've been in an institution by now xanax saved my life."

Blondie (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 13, 2019

For Anxiety: "Xanax has helped me through some tough situations with anxiety. I was originally prescribed as a child and it didn't really work for me at that time. I was having attacks in high schools. Fast forward to 30 years later and my anxiety really was getting worse. A psychiatrist prescribed me 0.50 mg (30 pills) about 3.5 years ago. After that initial prescription my medical doctor has prescribed it as needed over the last 3 years. I have 60 pills (.50 mg) and take as needed. They really work and I am NOT addicted to them. I think its important to understand that sometimes people need help and just having the pills is sometimes enough for me to relax."

Anxietymale (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 13, 2019

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "Hey there I'm new to taking xanax and to this site. I'm 31 years old got married in June to a man who doesn't believe in anxiety so it makes me feel worse. I have been so scared to take it due to the fact I have taken stuff as a teen that made me feel really out of it and depressed. I have been to every dr and emergency room late at night, sick to my stomach, my chest feeling heavy and my head heavy and fuzzy, can't focus, dizzy, hot, tingling feeling numbness my face, my lips, my arms and everyone says it's anxiety or a panic attack. I feel so alone in this and I'm scared that there is something really wrong with me and the dr's are just not finding it. I feel hopeless I hope the xanax will help do something. I can't function in society and I'm tired of faking that I'm ok when I'm dying inside does anyone else feel like this or am I just crazy."

Jewels411 January 13, 2019

For Anxiety: "Without this medication I cannot sleep. My life and medical issues are very complex. I take 1 mg. a day. I've tried to titrate down to 0.5 mgs. but each time I find myself grinding my teeth, muscles tense and fixating on a barrage of problems. I have not had any side effects. It's my miracle pill that keeps me focused."

Grace (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 5, 2019

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I've had severe anxiety all of my life manifesting in different forms. I take Pristiq which works well for my generalized anxiety. I have horrible situational anxiety that make me sweat feverishly and it's so embarrassing. Xanax is a miracle for this. If I have an event going on that I know is going to take my anxiety over the edge I can take Xanax and it makes me totally comfortable and not sweat uncontrollably like I'm in a sauna. I don't take everyday. 1mg maybe 4x a week if needed. Its a shame how people can abuse this drug ( I don't get how) and promote it in rap music which gives it a terrible reputation. This ruins it for people who need it."

June22 January 1, 2019

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "In my teens, I developed a fear of what I thought was nausea/vomiting. The feeling would overwhelm me to the point where my body shook sometimes. I was especially concerned this feeling would occur when I was somewhere I couldn’t escape/where people would see me. I didn’t eat much for two years. No one seemed to understand. Over time, the feeling seemed to subside, until it came back with vengeance at a job interview during college. My gyno was the first to prescribe me Xanax after I was diagnosed with pelvic muscle spasms. I didn’t take it until that feeling crept up on me one night. Xanax made it subside almost immediately. It was then I realized I had been suffering with anxiety/panic all this time. I now take Xanax on occasion when my panic comes back, but even just knowing what this feeling is now has helped so much. If you have a similar “feeling” of fear that makes you feel frozen/helpless, don’t suffer alone. There are ways to overcome it."

Dkvidn December 19, 2018

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I was placed on 2 mg xanax 3 times daily in 2002 for anxiety panic disorder and my nightmare begun, sure this medication may seem to help you in the moment, but in reality it zaps your life away becoming so depended on it, all the warning signs about the wicked medication should alarm anyone, IT'S ALL true, after years of being co-depended on this medication, today I am free from it with little to NO help from doctors, if I could offer anyone help getting off I would, this medications effects of long term use out weights any benefits one may get from it. Trying to stop taking it is terrible, but with constant positive reinforcement it can be done, I did it, so can others."

Glad to be done (taken for 10 years or more) December 11, 2018

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I have a crippling phobia of needles, as well as anxiety disorder. I’ve refused crucial medical treatment such as IVs and vaccines for deadly diseases, and it put my life at risk. So my doctor prescribed Xanax. At first dose (1mg) it didn’t make my mind any calmer, it just sedated my body so I couldn’t run away, but my mind was just as desperate and terrified as usual. My dose for such visits is now 3mg and I am doing so much better!!!! 3mg is not healthy for most, but since I have a severe case it is necessary. Granted, I need assistance walking during the time I’m on it, and it makes me ‘blackout’ (I don’t remember a thing from hours it’s in effect) but it’s worth it to be able to receive medical treatment. Please note that Xanax won’t make your phobias any less scary in the moment, but it will help you get you through life. All in all I think Xanax saved my life."

College student (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 27, 2018

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "Alprazolam is to me what glucose is to a diabetic. I’m an educated contributing member of society but am genuinely a disabled person without this drug. My anxiety without this drug is so extreme that I spend every waking moment trying to relieve a fear state, cannot experience peace of any kind, laugh, smile, or function in any state outside of terror. CBT, meditation, positive thinking, hot showers, faith, etc. just do not work for the level of anxiety I have. I have tried many other drugs and classes of drugs because I’m aware of what Xanax is, but this drug is the treatment for anxiety like mine. I would never abuse this drug, would never drink alcohol with it, and am highly aware of how it affects me. Xanax keeps me off disability and well, period."

Responsible male Xanax patient (taken for 10 years or more) November 26, 2018

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I have been using this medication for over 30 years. I don't see how anyone can abuse this drug. It works wonders for me when I need it. Especially when I stress out. It will calm you down quick. I take .25 as needed. Usually 2x a month. Sometimes 3. At night or right after work."

Superman November 17, 2018

For Tinnitus: "45 yo male. I had shoulder infection following ortho repair of destroyed scapula/shoulder that required 12 months of IV antibiotics ending in 2016. Ciprofloxacin was the main one and the one that finally got the NTM under control. 6 months after we stopped then meds I wake up with headache and tinnitus in the middle of the night. I remember it being worse at first just because the onset was sudden. MRI the whole works. The hairs in the upper band are dead in the right ear only. The nerve is generating signal like when someone loses a limb and get phantom itches. I got to a point where I can generally coexist with it during the day. When it's low I have found it's a 9500 Mhz sine wave. When it's loud it's like a tree full of Kansas City Cicadas in the summertime. I dislike drugs but I find that being able to push it away with meds is better than not sleeping."

middle_aged_dude November 16, 2018

For Panic Disorder: "Helps extremely well for my anxiety and panic disorder. And also good for my ptsd."

Erock (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 15, 2018

For Anxiety: "I’ve been taking 2mg Alprazolam 2x a day for 7 years and it’s allowed me to get solid sleep. I started with a much lower dose, and the one thing I don’t like about them is that they are habit forming. I don’t wake up groggy, and when I have an anxiety/panic attack they literally work in about 45sec to 4min depending on your body. Everyone is different... but I highly recommended these for Anxiety, Panic disorders, Insomnia...etc"

Bells (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 13, 2018

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "These new blue b707 bars 2mg scored 4 times are awesome. I didn't see any reviews on them and CVS switched my normal greenstone with these and I went ahead and tried it instead of waiting took a chance and these are actually stronger. I could not believe it. They're not those crappy green ones. New company. July 2018 came out.. Fresh and strong"

Drspook November 10, 2018

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "For PTSD. I did not want to be on this because I know how it is abused. The doctor insisted and it was a nightmare for 6 months. Taking one at the verge of anxiety would help but it would wear off quickly. I got to the point I was popping it like candy to prevent a panic attack. Doing so made me very irritatable and dangerous. It was hard to taper off but glad I did. Works for some just not good at all for me."

Bozo-Skip (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 1, 2018