User Reviews for Alprazolam

5.5

1 review 0 medications
Summary of Alprazolam reviews 8.9 1,004 reviews

Reviews for Alprazolam

Alprazolam Intensol (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "͏Li͏f͏e saver indeed. Sometimes I feel as if I can’t breathe and small places freak me out so this medication cures that !"

Orca (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 21, 2018

For Anxiety: "After 23 years of severe anxiety/panic disorder alprazolam is a miracle drug for me. I went from avoiding phone calls and knocks on the door to walking into a room full of strangers."

Joe (taken for 10 years or more) May 17, 2018

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "Careful with this one. Very addictive. It was prescribed for anxiety but after a while I found myself habitually taking it and getting desperately anxious when I didn’t. Addiction to barbiturates in my mid forties was not part of the plan, so I stopped. Withdrawals were terrible. I also, experienced short term memory issues. I achieved safer results with anti-depressants, although they take a week or more to ‘work’ they are not addictive. Lifestyle changes also helped, no drinking, took up jogging, gym and watching what I eat and being more mindful of the spiritual aspects of life. Pretty obvious stuff really..."

GJ (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 13, 2018

For Panic Disorder: "This medication is amazing. The only real drug that gives us with true panic disorder/agoraphobia a fighting chance at a normal existence."

Ash (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 11, 2018

For Anxiety: "I’m a very anxious person and have frequent panic attacks. I also suffer from PTSD I’ve been abused as a child and during my marriage and I have been raped 2 times and my anxiety level is off the chart. In all reality this medicine has saved my life."

Chrissy (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 10, 2018

For Anxiety: "Worked great for 17 year! Now the VA changed to Hydroxyine Pamoate ! (IT SUCKS). Baclofen! (IT SUCKS). Why is it that when you have something that works; some doctor higher up the food chain, changes my meds because they are worried they are Addictive? My Father always told me "If is not broken, do not try and fix it or make it better!""

Fox (taken for 10 years or more) May 2, 2018

Alprazolam Intensol (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "This helps me a lot with my anxiety/panic disorder the only thing I don't like about it is that it seems to make me really tired when I take it in the morning before my class other than that I haven't had a panic attack since I've started this medication works really well."

Lee April 26, 2018

For Anxiety: "After 5 years of using it from manufacturer Mylan and working great my last refill was from manufacturer Actavis and it does not work at all. Been in withdrawal for 2 days and am calling to see what I can do to get back to Mylan. Actavis Alprazolam is a failure I will look in to suing do to being fraudulent!"

thebobd April 21, 2018

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "This is one of those medications that you try to avoid due to "bad press," That being said, it has saved my life. I went from being home bound agoraphobic to traveling outside my home, getting and maintaining a 12 hour job and this year going back to college to finish my nursing degree. This is what this medication was originally made for....to give those like us a chance at a normal life. So sad so many are deprived this miracle drug due to a few bad apples. No memory impairment thus far and I have been on this med for years. Not expensive. No bad side effects other than an occasional headache. Wonderful medication!"

Dawnie (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 12, 2018

Xanax XR (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "“I’m a proud United States Veteran, unfortunately I suffer from several mental illnesses due to service related issues. Panic disorder with agoraphobia being the worse and most debilitating one for me. I have been on almost ever SSRI, SNRI, MAOI, TCA’s, Beta blockers and antipsychotics. With nothing working but benzodiazepines! I have been on Klonopin, Valium, Ativan and Xanax They all work well but Xanax ER out of the Benzo family works best in my opinion. I was recently put on Xanax XR instead of Xanax IR and it works amazing for me! last through out the whole day nice and steady and I’m not even thinking about a next dose. Words cant describe how much it has changed my life in this past month. I take 1mg twice a day!"

Collin11 April 7, 2018

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I've taken xanax regularly for ~5 years. Having to deal with severe family issues, my general anxiety disorder has ramped up considerably these past 5 years. My dosage varies, as I take it as needed. Some days I take 1mg and many days I take none at all. I probably average .25mg/day and it has been extremely beneficial to me. Even on my worst days I realize that taking more won't help, and I will just have to get through that day at a maximum of 1mg. For me, xanax has been a very helpful tool in my turbulent life and as things start to level out, my usage decreases."

Phat Phil (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 7, 2018

For Panic Disorder: "it is great medicine so please don't be afraid to take this drug if you are suffering form anxiety, depression or panic attack. believe me if god exists then it is in alprazolam so please take care of your self and live healthy and long nirav goradia"

bachu jaga and sons (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 27, 2018

For Anxiety: "Taking low dosage daily no more than 0.750 mg in any days anxiety cause by family issues however I don’t drink or take any drugs this medication along with exercises help me greatly there are days I don’t take any it works great I can actually leave a normal life hope this can help others"

Al March 25, 2018

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "Xanax is my miracle drug, but if you run out you are in for big trouble. You can have seizures, a stoke, or even death. Please be careful...but it definitely changed my life and has actually given my life back."

Pebbles523 (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 25, 2018

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "I am one of those scared of taking any medication related to psych . I had a stable job for 20 years before the onset of anxiety and panic disorder . I thought I will brave it . So read books , took yoga etc, but it only got worse. Before long it was affecting by performance at work. Finally getting into elevators became impossible. Then I became almost house bound . People even began to notice . That’s when I resolved to solve this problem once and for all. After several trials with my doctor I found xanax and it completely changed my life. I take 0.5 mg daily . All my symptoms are gone . Thank goodness for that medication."

Nick March 23, 2018

For Anxiety: "I suffer from panic disorder along with GAD and a few other issues. I've been on most meds, Klonopin on and off for 20 years because Drs are too scared to prescribe Xanax which in my opinion is my life saver. I stopped taking the meds that weren't working as well anymore and after another severe panic attack that lasted over a hour my friend gave me a few Xanax bars. I took half of one and it almost immediately ended my terror and panic feeling. I don't take them everyday only when my anxiety acts up and I don't suffer any issues or withdrawals. I also have insomnia and this drug always helps unlike Ambien which does nothing. This medication is a godsend and I don't plan on giving them up anytime soon."

Xanaxchick (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 22, 2018

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "This drug can be habit forming, so control your desire to dose and skip doses to 'up' yourself in terms of pills. Once you master the addictive side of this medicine, it can be a REAL benefit for anxiety disorders. It's given me control over my life again. I love this medication, but I respect it and am afraid of it at the same time. ONLY take it when you need it, do that and it will be an asset."

NJ (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 22, 2018

Xanax (alprazolam) for : "I know these meds are very addictive but right now I start chemo therapy and for my cancer of course I'm trying to be strong but I have more bad days then good and without alprazolam I would literally go insane"

Sufer (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 19, 2018

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I have had bad anxiety for years. Started with busipro but It gave me nightmares and made me stutter a little bit so I stopped the pill. I went in for my board exam for Respiratory care and I failed. During the end of my test My heart started racing, chest pain. I was having a panic attack. I went to the doctor and I was prescribed Xanax. She told me to take 1/2 a pill 0.5 before my test and I did. During my test I felt calm, normal, fresh mind. I could think clearly. I wasnt anxious at all. I passed. Its been a great pill. I love it. But tonight I took 1/2 before bed and 30 minutes later I started crying. I am depressed too before starting pills. But for the most part xanax has been so good to me."

Blonde (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 16, 2018

For Anxiety: "I have had panic attacks on planes and I stopped traveling for a while. However, after being prescribed Alprazolam 1mg to take 1 hour before boarding, I never experienced one panic attack anymore. Life-saving drug! I am 6 ft 3, 103kg, 1mg - 1 hour before the flight works like a charm. Side effects experienced: - Loss of memory (Ended up with a 3£ charge on my card from Ryanair and had to contact them to see what was that about - apparently bought a bottle of water during the flight. 3£ for a bottle of water...) Apart from this side effect, everything was ok. Calm, very calm!"

PanicAttacks (taken for less than 1 month) March 15, 2018

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I have my life back because of xanax. I have suffered from anxiety my entire life but somehow kept it manageable until my fifties. I was getting more and more agoraphobic and afraid to drive. Finally, I found myself pacing the house, unable to sleep and scared that I was actually going to harm myself. I have been on .5 mg xanax xr up to three times daily for almost two years and I am fully functioning again."

Mags (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 13, 2018

For Anxiety: "It helps people who need it so much. I just hate how the media portrays it as a horrible drug."

TR (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 12, 2018

For Panic Disorder: "xanax save my life I can not believe how a drug works perfectly. Before I could not stay around public but now I am so friendly and sociable. I just just have some little problems like my head hurts. "

lucky ks (taken for less than 1 month) March 6, 2018

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "I have been taking xanax for 30 years and could not have survived without it. I take half of .025 when needed, so not every day. Sometimes my anxiety flares up and I may have to take it a few days in a row. One time when my son was in the hospital due to a bad accident, I took it every day for 8 months straight to calm me. I have bad agoraphobia when it comes to large buildings and needed it to get into the huge hospital. When I stopped taking it after 8 months I had no symptoms at all...if you take a low dose you will have no problem with it and it will keep your anxiety down so you can live your life."

corrie88 (taken for 10 years or more) March 1, 2018

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I have been taking xanax for about the last ten years or so off and on. I am 26 now, and I only take Xanax when I really need it. The drug has helped me get through many school presentations from high to college. I get so anxious before big presentations that I have literally froze up in front of whole classes numerous times (while not on Xanax) and whenever I do take it, I get A’s on my projects, I’m less anxious, and everybody is more happy. It also helps if you have a long airplane ride. In short, I have been taking this drug for the past decade responsibly and it has helped me benefit in many situations."

MrBraadddd February 22, 2018