User Reviews for Alprazolam

5.5

1 review 0 medications
Summary of Alprazolam reviews 8.9 1,025 reviews

Reviews for Alprazolam

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "Xanax can be wonderful for anxiety. I am prescribed 0.5mg 4x a day but I don’t take it most days. I do have anxiety every day and think about taking them but if at all possible I try not to take them. If I take them every day or too often I get depressed. But proper use helps me to actually get things done that I would not have the energy or drive to get out of the house"

Hopeful September 23, 2018

For Anxiety: "I have suffered from anxiety and panic attacks for a few years now. Recently my girlfriend of 6 years and I broke up and I've been flooded with anxiety again. My doctor prescribed me Alprazolam 0.5mg doses to be taken 2 times a day. I'm only 23 and don't want to become addicted so I only take a half, which is 0.25 mg, when I am having severe anxiety or a panic attack. It has helped me a lot when this happens. I would suggest only taking it when absolutely necessary to avoid becoming dependent. I honestly feel the best way to naturally help with anxiety, depression, and panic disorders would be to live a healthier life. Try a hobby, exercise, eat healthy, surround yourself with the ones you love and practice mindfulness to help push through the problems so they don't control your life. I'm currently in the process of doing the things I aforementioned so I will try to update on this as I continue along with it. Don't get discouraged and believe in yourself."

Don Juan September 13, 2018

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I take a 0.5 mg pill about once or twice per week. I see a lot of people on here slamming the drug as exceedingly dangerous. If you take it every day for a while, your brain will begin to alter itself in response to the constant abundance of the chemical. This means if you suddenly stop taking it, after several weeks of daily use, you’re going to hate life for a while. It will take your brain a while to return to its previous state, from before you started taking the medication. I sometimes go weeks without taking it, and sometimes I’ll take it 3 times in one week. I have no problems, and it’s highly effective."

Bill September 11, 2018

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "I have been a sufferer of panic attack for 30 years. Finally I was given xanax it gave me back my life. I suffered badly with panic attacks. I also had muscle spasms before I took this medication.."

J September 11, 2018

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "Been taking over 40 years I don't know how to not take them. I'm 61 and think I'm destined to take them forevere\"

T (taken for 10 years or more) September 8, 2018

For Anxiety: "It worked!! But I got an headache afterwards. Dose 0.5mg is enough for me I am 21 male"

Ayush145ch September 7, 2018

For Panic Disorder: "Alprazolam works the best for me when having a panic attack. It works ten times faster then its sister medicine klonpin"

bobby (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 4, 2018

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "Xanax is one of the hardest, if not the hardest drug to quit taking. Even harder than heroin according to my doctor. Was so hard for me for almost 3 months after using them everyday for 2 years. Will never take one of them again. They actually just takes away your anxiety while you are on them. Problem is that all of us are using them for a period. Then you get all the anxiety back again and the problem is now it is 5 x worse than what it was to begin with. Stopping my Xanax like I wanted to do the first day - just stop taking them - is dangerous my Doctor said that would not be possible, since I actually could die from it. So instead it is a slow painful reduction of dosage day after day. Just as warning take Valium, or in that range instead it is much less stress when you are quitting them"

Taptech (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 29, 2018

Xanax XR (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "I’ve been taking Xanax XR for 6 months and it’s changed my life."

rory224 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 24, 2018

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "Been on Xanax over 30 years. Began taking it for severe panic attacks which turned into agoraphobia after doctors said nothing was wrong and kept telling me just to relax. I had panic so bad I could not leave the house, answer the phone or doorbell, eat. When my blood pressure went so high I burst a blood vessel in my eye I finally met a doctor who was an expert in panic disorder. He started me on Xanax and all my symptoms resolved almost immediately. Blood pressure normal, could go out and shop, got a good job. Life was wonderful for 30 years. On .25 3 X per day. Never wanted or needed more. Now doctors want everyone off Xanax and I am being forced to quit. I am terrified. At least I had 30 great years"

Free Atlast (taken for 10 years or more) August 19, 2018

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I've was diagnosed with chronic panic anxiety disorder almost 30 years ago and put on Xanax. I also have horrific migraines, so I cannot take antidepressants. I've taken 0.5mg 5 times a day for years with no problems working, thinking, or functioning. Now the feds have decided that Xanax is addictive and my insurance company is questioning my doctor on filling my script. I know all the dangers of tapering and cannot imagine what's going to happen to me. Just the thought makes me nervous. This form of anxiety runs in my family."

City Pastor (taken for 10 years or more) August 13, 2018

Xanax XR (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "I was taking Xanax XR 1mg for Panic Disorder. I was having them so bad and couldn’t do my job, lost my job, lost my family and had to completely start over. The Xanax helped my panic attacks about 93% and I just had to tough out the rest. I took the medication for 2 months with a beta blocker. I had to take a DOT (Department of Transportation) drug urine test so I dropped the medication like a hat. Completely stopped taking it!! Oh my you talking about miserable!!!!! Not only was my anxiety so much worse, I was having constant panic attacks, extreme chest pains, couldn’t breathe, feeling lightheaded and muscles twitching. It was awful. After four days of it, I took a 1mg XR Xanax last night and I feel so much better. It truly helps with Panic Disorder. I take it exactly like the doctor says. No more or no less."

LineLife (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 7, 2018

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I have been taking Xanax for a while now and it really controlled my anxiety. I also have afib and anyone who has it knows how annoying that can be. Now when I have afib I take a Xanax and calms it down I also spoke to several people who have afib and yes Xanax helps calm it down. So don't let any doctors tell you any different Xanax can be a wonder drug when used properly"

Mikeyboy 60 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 16, 2018

For Anxiety: "This is the best drug for anxiety. The first few times I took it, it made me sleepy, but it's not as bad now. Perfect for just before socializing (for me). I think one bottle of 30 lasted me 18 months or more. Only needed once or twice a month, and that worked great for my needs."

rlcourtney (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 5, 2018

Xanax XR (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "I think Xanax Xr is helpful for panic disorder and anxiety in general, but it doesn’t last a full 24 hours. It also helps with social anxiety. It is a little pricey without insurance, but if you can find some decent deals out there."

Jdschmid1189 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 4, 2018

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "The negative reviews on here about this med are coming from people who take it everyday. Folks, DO NOT take this medicine every day it's for occasional use only. It's like alcohol; having a drink once in a while here or there is fine but getting drunk all day every day is obviously not a good idea. Same thing with the Xanax. Taking it once in a while when required is fine but using it every day will give you horrible withdrawals. I have the XR version that I literally take "once in a blue moon" for emergency situations only. It works great. Basic rule of thumb: don't take it more than once per week and if you have to don't take it more than 2 days in a row."

dustbunny123 June 25, 2018

For Anxiety: "Alprazolam helped me through menopause, got me to retirement in a disorganized school district with nothing but behavioral problems. It is now helping with the anxiety attacks I have been having since I had a TIA, mild stroke, while in the classroom."

Dee Dee (taken for 10 years or more) June 19, 2018

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "Hello I've been taking xanax for 25 years and still going, it's done wonderful in my life. But also it's not for everyone."

Gretchen (taken for 10 years or more) June 17, 2018

For Not Listed / Other: "I have suffered from PTSD and depression/anxiety as the result of a bad childhood. I was on Clonipin and the only thing that has ever made me feel able to function is Xanax, it is hard to get from doctors and I am thankful for my Doctor because I am 42 and just lost my father and have a 6 year old who is being affected by my severe sadness and anxiety, this medication is a life saver. I have tried all the other anxiety medicines and this is by far the very best."

Me (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 14, 2018

For Panic Disorder: "really helps with anxiety and panic attacks"

fangy (taken for 10 years or more) June 11, 2018

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "Seriously I would be dead without this medication. Pop culture has given it the bad rep but as a prescribed user of this god sent medicine from the beautiful minds at pfizer I humbly thank you for saving my life. Had I known and addressed my severe depression, agoraphobia, anxiety & PTSD, (the alphabet goes on).. I would have NEVER SUFFERED FROM A STROKE IN 2010 DUE TO MY CONDITIONS that I had no idea there was a word for what's wrong with me. This is a quick acting short shelf life in the system type of medicine so it's a here, now, gone feeling. The low doses are like a mini invisible hug, the 2 mgs help me sleep and dream of a better life and wake up to my Starbucks feeling alert as the medicine did it's thing on my heart and mind. If during the day I feel sick with chest pain from anxiety it offers immediate relief. I am responsible in my consumption. Thank you to the hard working medical professionals for understanding the pain of the unseen sicknesses."

ShaolinXantastic (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 9, 2018

For Anxiety: "This does't work"

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) June 6, 2018

Alprazolam Intensol (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "͏Li͏f͏e saver indeed. Sometimes I feel as if I can’t breathe and small places freak me out so this medication cures that !"

Orca (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 21, 2018

For Anxiety: "After 23 years of severe anxiety/panic disorder alprazolam is a miracle drug for me. I went from avoiding phone calls and knocks on the door to walking into a room full of strangers."

Joe (taken for 10 years or more) May 17, 2018

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "Careful with this one. Very addictive. It was prescribed for anxiety but after a while I found myself habitually taking it and getting desperately anxious when I didn’t. Addiction to barbiturates in my mid forties was not part of the plan, so I stopped. Withdrawals were terrible. I also, experienced short term memory issues. I achieved safer results with anti-depressants, although they take a week or more to ‘work’ they are not addictive. Lifestyle changes also helped, no drinking, took up jogging, gym and watching what I eat and being more mindful of the spiritual aspects of life. Pretty obvious stuff really..."

GJ (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 13, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...

Micromedex® Care Notes