User Reviews for Alprazolam

Also known as: Alprazolam Intensol, Niravam, Xanax, Xanax XR

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Alprazolam.

Dysautonomia

5.5

1 review 0 medications
Summary of Alprazolam reviews 8.3 952 reviews

Reviews for Alprazolam

For Anxiety: "I suffered (Idio Pathic) seizures, begining when I was about 14 years old. No lesions on my brain! Then came the Panic Attacks! I was always hyper, as well as my entire family. I thought it was "Normal". Never understood how others where so "Calm". I became a Hair Stylist, and began to make lots of money, goergous women,Yes I am straight),however the attacks kept on coming! I moved from N.J. to Miami. Finally I wound up at a clinic. The shrink gave me a little pink pill and for the first time in my life,I felt like everyone else!!!!! I am now 60 years old! If it weren't for xanax,I would be Searching for illegal alternatives. WARNING. Never take more than prescribed! 30 something years later, I never abuse. Also don't mix it with anything ."

dommo (taken for 10 years or more) November 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "This medication is only one for stress panic attacks and more. Others do not work as well. Especially if you're going to work or sleep it makes you relax. But only take it how doctor prescribes for you."

Kerad44 November 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder: "Agoraphobia for almost 40 years, couldn't go on freeways or travel- never took meds, as I feared addiction. Eventually had to do something because I moved out of state, Dr. in ER gave me 0.5mg xanax for the travel trip. It was a godsend- I made the trip, actually enjoyed it, then never took another one until we moved out of state again. This is a miracle when used in this way- daily, no way would I ever do that- again, fear of addiction. I find other ways to deal with anxiety that happens on a daily basis, but for travel, this was amazingly helpful."

LittleSheba (taken for less than 1 month) November 8, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "Helped mildly shortly"

Kris711 (taken for less than 1 month) November 6, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I am prescribed up to 4mg a day and usually take 2 to 3 mg a day. I can't be given any SSRIs due to bad reactions on my maternal side of the family. Xanax just works for me. Was it overprescribed for years and given to people who had no business taking it? Yes. But this drug works wonders for some people. And it's not placebo. Am I dependent? Yes. Is my quality of life better on them? Yes. They don't make me sleepy or black out. In fact they give energy and on bad days motivation to get out of bed. I'm in good health, sleep 6 to 8 hours a day, and can interact with people better. Are they for everyone? NO. But they've helped me immensely."

YIKES! (taken for 10 years or more) November 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "Works excellent for anxiety. Have horrible social anxiety which I also take Zoloft for but xanax doesn’t really help with it. Not knowing cause my Dr’s didn’t tell me but after being on this a while and at a high dose (for me up to 3mg/day) if you don’t take it everyday you feel like rubbish. Took me almost 2 years to figure this out so regardless if I need it or not I take maybe 1mg as a maintenance dose in the middle of the day. Greatly helps to not feel sick. I also take 30mg of Temazepam at night which I thought would cover me. But for the past 10 days my mood has been really bad, the worst in years and a couple mg’s of Xanax greatly improves it but wouldn’t recommend it since it’s not prescribed to take it that way"

Liz Lemon (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 22, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I was diagnosed with panic disorder and generalised anxiety disorder 24 years ago. I suffered for many years during that time and did not take any medication with the view that I would fix the issue naturally. I tried the natural way for years, avoidance behaviour became the norm and a way of coping. 9 years ago I was at tipping point in a very stressful job and finally was prescribed xanax (alprazolam) by a GP. For the first time since my teens when the anxiety began, I finally had relief. This medication has been a complete game changer for me and has improved my quality of life by 1000%. I have been taking 0.5 mg twice a day for the past 8 years and haven't had to increase the dosage. This medication is now sadly classified as a level 8 drug in Australia due to people who don't need it abusing the drug and ruining it for those who really need it. My psychiatrist is now trying to switch me to Ativan. I have been taking it for approximately a month now and it makes me feel depressed and empty and I have never had depression. I need 2 mg to ease my anxiety (double the dose of xanax) and it basically makes me feel like crap. Feeling incredibly overwhelmed and annoyed that this medication which has helped me so much will probably no longer be available in Australia."

Emma1818 October 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xanax (alprazolam) for Depression: "Autumn depression"

Spiritta (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "Life saver for me. BUT only because I take it when I truly need it. I suffer from day to day anxiety but I do not take it for that. I try to get rid of anxiety other natural ways. But I do suffer from severe panic attacks, especially night time. So I only take it when I am having an attack. I am on the lowest dose possible ( .25 ) and I can get away with taking even just half of that sometimes. It takes the edge off very fast and I feel so much better shortly after. Take it on average 1-2 times a month, sometime less, rarely more. Extremely addictive med so I urge you to stay away from it for daily use or if you have an addictive personality."

Joy8618 October 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "Alprazolam & Prozac for anxiety/depression. Lamictal for Depression Cocktail is a "10""

XRay&7 (taken for 10 years or more) October 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Tinnitus: "I have had tinnitus for more than 1 year , nothing helped me, until I started eating Alprazolam with my other medicines, it was really helpful, I eat one Omega 3 , one Ginko gel in the morning and vitamin B1 and the mix of zinc, magnesium, calcium after lunch and at night one Alprazolam ( 0.5 ) and Betahistin , this medicine diet was great for me , also stop smoking and drinking alcohol is very very very important , please test it ."

Masoud Khorsand October 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "STAY AWAY FROM XANAX. Please!! It will help you -- in the moment. But literally hours later, the rebound anxiety and insomnia will hit you and make you regret taking it at all in the first place. And before you know it you'll go from half a bar to multiple bars just to sleep at night. Oh, and the increased despersonalizion and dark thoughts are not potential "side effects" -- they are some of the many very real, consistently DIRECT EFFECTS of taking Xanax. Benzos should be used as rarely and as short-term as possible. Even in these cases the withdrawal is VERY real...it hurts just to live. Please. Take my word for it. I'm going through it for the TENTH time right now. ADDICTIVE"

Cal Student (taken for less than 1 month) October 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "Xanax has been great for me! I have suffered horribly for years from GAD, PTSD, bipolar disorder, fibromyalgia... and many more health problems. It actually gives me energy to get things done, and allows for peace and tranquility. I'm prescribed 3mg per day and it also helps me sleep at night. I've had trouble sleeping for years, but this medication has helped so much."

DrGonzo07 September 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "Xanax has helped me with my activity's anxiety, I have a hard time going out being around people especially, when going places like the doctors, shopping, I have a hard time being around people or even just going outdoors also just going outside in general. I don't like being away from home that's my safe zone. I get scared when I here loud loud noises, I'm afraid people are going to hurt me or the ones I love, I am happy with my dogs and cats want to be left alone, Away from the rest of the world. here are only a few that I can trust, my mother, father, My Dave plus my children, plus my therapist Mark."

Anonymous September 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "I have been on Xanax for 15 years I'm only 30 years old. While this is a miracle drug for pulling you out of a panic attack and preventing them. This medicine works extremely well for my anxiety that said it can cause a very nasty dependence and addiction where you will need larger and larger doses to combat this rebound anxiety (this is what the Dr call it). It's your brain screaming for more of the drug, this is not only a mental dependency but also a very strong physical one. If you are thinking about taking Xanax remember less is more the less you take the better it works. It has become part of my daily meds 2 mg 3 to 4 times a day and that's coming from being on the max dose legally available 10 mg daily you don't want that. Use Caution"

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) September 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I got prescribed 0.5mg of Xanax, that I take once a day. My wife had just died. My anxiety was so bad I would not leave the house nor would I barely eat. It made me feel alive again and I'm able to function, and get out and socialize like a normal person again. I actually have a appetite now, and I'm getting good sleep again, which I haven't felt in a long time. Xanax really saved my life."

nobodyyspecial September 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "Been on xanax .05 for about two years. Doc put me on just an anti depressant for the first month didn't help ANY, went back and she saw how anxious I was and put me on xanax because I was honest with her and told her a friend gave me a few of hers and it helped my anxiety tons. I get thirty .05 a month and I can go days without them and some days a have to take two or three. Anyone with anxiety disorders know some days aren't easy at all. It helps me just knowing I have them. I still currently take celexa daily I don't know if it really helps my anxiety at all but the combo with the xanax seems to work. I know a lot of ppl don't wanna use pills but I'd much rather have medication than panic attacks."

Anonymous September 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I have gone on and off Xanax for a few years now and all I can say is that it WORKS! I take 0.5-1 mg as needed. It kicks in pretty quickly and it's the only med I've tried that can stop a severe panic attack in its tracks. It has helped me regain control of my life and think clearly in stressful situations. I don't get drowsy or feel impaired as long as I don't take more than my dose. Works better for me than Ativan and clonazepam. Make sure you properly taper off this med if you take it for more than a few weeks- I tried to stop cold turkey once and it felt awful."

stephlyudmila (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 21, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "Dad always had some amount of general anxiety but managed it reasonably. In approx 1982 he was prescribed Xanax after his Dad died unexpectedly and he was instructed to take X as needed. He's been on and off X ever since then and has needed progressively more. About 20 years ago he "graduated" to other medications including anti-depressants and at one point was on a combo that resulted in a nearly-successful suicide attempt. He never had suicidal thoughts before or after that particular combo. He's now old and his life is in ruins. He takes X throughout the day but is at the max and cannot take more. Please be aware once you start on these medications you're in it for life. Dr's know this -- job security for them!"

Son1696 (taken for 10 years or more) August 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Tinnitus: "I have moderately severe sensorineural hearing loss. Xanax alleviated my tinnitus a great deal for a couple years. After that, I reached tolerance to Xanax and it was no longer effective. What's more, unless I increased the dose, the tinnitus was louder than ever. Because of tolerance, I was having withdrawal symptoms between doses. Since tapering off and discontinuing Xanax, I have been out of my mind with anxiety and loud hissing tinnitus. These will subside as my brain recovers from the damage the drug has caused. Please educate yourselves about benzodiazepines. Don't rely on your doctor because most of them are recklessly uneducated about the dangers of benzos. 0.5 mg. of Xanax is not a low dose; it is roughly equal to 10mg of Valium."

Simonbarsinister August 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Tinnitus: "I have severe tinnitus after having IV antibiotics administered for a systemic infection. This was in 2014. The hair cells in my ears were damaged by the antibiotics. It was impossible to sleep. Tinnitus is constant and loud. I take 3 mg before bedtime so I can fall asleep. The tinnitus wakes me up in the morning. I use hearing aids designed for tinnitus and they help. Unfortunately, the xanax is causing memory loss and changes in my cognition. I want to get off of it. I live alone and am 61 years old. I need to have my brain completely functional to enter old age independently. I'm considering medical detox but have no idea how I will go on with the intense sound in my head. Anyone else detox and find an alternative?"

Hurlgirl (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "I was on Xanax for a couple of years for severe panic attacks. I started out on .25 mg and soon that was not enough. I had to keep increasing the dose as my panic and anxiety increased. I ended up becoming agoraphobic. I could not leave my house without taking a handful of Xanax first. In the end, I was taking way , way, way too much enough to kill an elephant. I know it sounds hard to believe. It's amazing I am still alive. I had to beg my insurance company to put me in the hospital to detox. I tried to kill myself. I almost died while in the hospital. They took me down to 8 mg a day and I had a grand mal seizure and almost died. It was the most horrible experience of my life. Be careful. It's highly addicting."

Stargirlxo August 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "Panic disorder is no fun. You feel like you have nowhere to run and nowhere to hide, and that you are coming to an end! Xanax has helped me against this terrible nervousness, demonic, feeling. I only take it when I truly need it. I take the lowest dose possible 0.25. The thing about this drug is that it makes you feel so relaxed. So people keep taking it, to keep feeling good and that's when it backfires. Please only take it as needed. Don't take it if your not feeling panic at the moment. You have to respect this drug. And taking it when u don't feel panic is not the way to go. Trust me! Prayer and a lil help from xanax can make all the difference in the world!!"

Mannyvic (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "Since my dad got sick and eventually passed away my anxiety depression and fears were just over whelming. I've been having so many intrusive thoughts since then. I had mild depression before he passed its been 5 years and its finally just has destroyed me. I finally went and got help two weeks ago and xanax not only completely calms me down it helps me focus on thing I need to focus on and not let my mind wonder with anxiety and weird thoughts. Miracle drug. Don't abuse it. Use when needed its amazing."

Kingcotten (taken for less than 1 month) August 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I have severe anxiety I started out with 0.5 mg of xanex my Dr just upped it too 1 mg twice a day I have a very understanding Dr. He makes sure I always have 6 months worth I am not addicted because I've gone days with out it"

Lisa 8253 August 8, 2017