User Reviews for Valium

Learn more about Valium.

Valium Rating Summary

8.2/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 47 medications used in the treatment of Muscle Spasm.

Reviews for Valium to treat Muscle Spasm

"My new GP has been recommending Valium for over a year for chronic mid-back/facet joint paint and intermittent neck pain (bad disks from C3-C5) and sciatica/torn labrum at right hip, but I resisted her recommendation. The chronic back pain flares every night, and often wakes me up and forces me out of bed. It takes several hours for the pain to recede every morning, which is demoralizing. Three nights ago I started taking 5 mg of valium at bedtime, and each morning I've awakened with less and less pain so that I'm hardly taking any pain medication during the day. Fingers crossed that I can continue to take this dose at bedtime - the other testimonials on this website are giving me hope that this might be the case!! Hallelujah!"

CA Mom April 4, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"It appears to help out until you go to get off it. You may feel withdrawal sypmtoms, or may not. It took the second week to feel the symptoms. Doctors either no nothing about this or pretend to know nothing"

maryjuneopper March 28, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Silver bullet for lumbar muscular spasm. 5mg at bedtime."

Jésus im Edimbourgo March 2, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Valium has helped my spasms in my back better than any other muscle relaxers. I have been taken it 10+ years and after that long of use I really never get the sedation that I did when I started taking it. I take 10mg 3 times daily and have not found anything yet that works well for me."

rodney58 (taken for 10 years or more) January 3, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I suffer from 'restless leg syndrome' and 5 or 10 mgs of diazapam when I go to bed really helps. I suffer it about 5 times a year and it lasts a week or 2."

Mattoko October 23, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This is ny preferred muscle relaxer when I deal with sciatica flare ups. Was prescribed flexiril once and it did nothing for me in 4 days. Asked the doctor to switch me to this and she gave me a 6 day predisone pack and halfway through 6 days of that and the valium and I am starting to feel way better."

Shughart (taken for less than 1 month) June 17, 2016

29 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"During my cancer treatment, valium was prescribed to me for muscles spasms. It only took about 10 minutes to start working, it has done the job very well for me. I've been able to do my physical therapy with minimal pain , and soon hope to be pain-free!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2016

46 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Valium works for me I have a panic disorder and I was taking Ativan (Lorazepam) in the US. since 2004. And my psychiatrist changed it to Diazepam) 10 mg sometimes 5mg since I have lived in Manila,Philippines. I have to wean off Lorazepam for awhile since you can't just stop Lorazepam right away and there is no Lorazepam here in Manila. Diazepam is the answer so I have switch to it. It works really well.."

Rdsn January 14, 2016

31 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Relax nicely, act better than cyclobenzaprine"

Woturumogaloya (taken for less than 1 month) January 9, 2016

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"My first choice for muscle spams"

Anonymous December 7, 2015

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"The med does work very well. Side effects make it unbearable. I'm quitting the use of this product."

Spasms & Spasticity (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 9, 2015

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have a terminal illness, kidney failure. the times that I've needed to calm down, easy worry, and calm my tight muscles-valium is the solve. I've been taking it for almost 4 years, without additiction or compulsion to "have to have it." When my back is against the wall with all my medical situations, this drug has provided for my lifestyle very well. thanks to all for sharing honestly on this site."

wolf mistress (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 10, 2015

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Over all good"

zania February 14, 2015

39 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This medication works as intended with minimal side effects. Relieves my muscle spasms and takes away the nervousness and bad attitude caused by back pain (not back ache). I take Percocet with Valium. "

Coon dog January 22, 2015

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I suffer from lower back pain. I had a back fusion in November 2013 about 6 months ago I started having really bad back spasms around the area they did the fusion which was my L-5/S-1. They had me on Flexeril but did not help they tried the Valium and it works. I do not take it every day only when I have the spasms between that and the Percocet it is the only thing that works. But I only take them as needed."

USAF Girl (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 19, 2014

100 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"My muscle spasms in my spine were caused by injury. They have gotten worse with age. BUT, I had Doctors who listened. I cannot take "pain" pills or even NSAIDS. And because of the injury to my head, aspirin in large doses. Valium was prescribed by three Neurologists-but in low doses. The reviews I have read that are negative to Valium have the patients taking doses WAAAY to high. They are creating zombies. I take 6 Mg. a DAY--and it works and I have live with this spine pain--on a cane--for many years. They cannot "cure" it, but Valium has made it possible for me to stay out of a wheelchair. The Doctors who overprescribe are CREATING a problem for the patient. It is a very effective medication, cheap and very mild side effects."

laverdad (taken for 10 years or more) November 25, 2014

123 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have fibromyalgia and a undiagnosed connective tissue disorder and this medicine has helped me with spasms and pain as well as trigger points reduction. Currently using it for a anxiety med as well this medicine has helped with All of the above at the same time taking the place of numerous medications. I feel this should be used as substitute for multiple meds to reduce the amount of potential interactions and unnecessary additional medications."

Lana050513 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 14, 2014

147 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Great for muscle spasms"

sid owen February 5, 2014

96 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Very helpful with back injury & muscle spasms. No side effects that I'm aware of. My condition is severe, without it and other meds I still have restless poor sleep due to severe pain & spasms but I barely have no sleep or relief without it."

renee croft November 15, 2013

145 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Have taken this with my other medicines prescribed. It actually works and if taken for a long time you need not just stop, you have to be weaned off."

KatRL31 (taken for 10 years or more) August 8, 2013

89 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"It really helps with my chronic pain I can walk on the treadmill with no hands for 40 min. I was taking it for something else but notice on the treadmill my bad hand just relaxed and let go. "

frogtoad (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 18, 2013

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"It gives me rapid relief of my muscle spasms starting within 10 minutes. It's the only 'as needed' medication I know of, whereas the others I've been prescribed are 'take at scheduled times' meaning they have slow bioavailability and one may be taking unneccessary doses."

InSoMuchPain January 26, 2013

117 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been put on Valium to relieve the muscle spasms and aches due to the reduction of Prednisone, which I have been taking for a long period of time (26 years). Anyway this reduction of Prednisone has caused me quite a bit of muscle spasms, muscle aches, and muscle pain. The 10 mg of Valium relieves the muscle spasms and achiness. I feel the Valium is a God send for my relief. I take one 10-mg tab of Valium every morning when I wake up, as that is when the muscle pain is most severe. The Valium is effective in relieving the effects of the tapering down of my Prednisone level. Valium works very well for me. I rate the Valium a 10 in my relief!"

bobweezl (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 4, 2012

132 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"No doctor had been able to diagnose my condition. As a result, I was prescribed 10mg of Valium 3x daily as a crutch indefinitely. At first, I was dim-witted and happy and got SOME relief, but after about a year, I started to become increasingly apathetic, dim-witted, started to have problems with light sensitivity and focus, become uninterested in socializing, and have a personality shift from the funny, charming guy, to a depressed robot with anger spasms, who takes risks just to feel some sense of being alive. After 2.5 years, the physical relief has all but stopped, and an any case I cannot have a life taking this. I am in the process of tapering off of it."

Juijo April 18, 2012

65 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I'm a 32 yr young woman, who at the age of 11 was diagnosed with a severe spine disorder (scoliosis), it was also affecting my vertebra, they were turning in causing my ribs to crush my lungs. My doctor said I had a year or so to live. I was slowly suffocating. So at 12 yrs old I had 2 herrington rods put in on each side of my spine. From neck to tush! The pain then wasn't to bad, that I remember, but now at 32 some days I can't even move (WINTER-IDAHO). But 2 yrs ago I started using diazepam and at first I slept a lot, but as time has passed I have a great life. I myself cannot play sports but I can sit on a metal bench for 3 to 4 hours and enjoy watching my 4 boys play sports. Take as prescribed and tell your doctor if it's not helping."

Big Baseball Fan September 14, 2011