User Reviews for Xanax

Depression 66 reviews 79 medications

8.6
Summary of Xanax reviews 615 reviews 8.9

Reviews for Xanax

For Panic Disorder "I was on Xanax for a couple of years for severe panic attacks. I started out on .25 mg and soon that was not enough. I had to keep increasing the dose as my panic and anxiety increased. I ended up becoming agoraphobic. I could not leave my house without taking a handful of Xanax first. In the end, I was taking way , way, way too much enough to kill an elephant. I know it sounds hard to believe. It's amazing I am still alive. I had to beg my insurance company to put me in the hospital to detox. I tried to kill myself. I almost died while in the hospital. They took me down to 8 mg a day and I had a grand mal seizure and almost died. It was the most horrible experience of my life. Be careful. It's highly addicting."

Stargirlxo August 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "Panic disorder is no fun. You feel like you have nowhere to run and nowhere to hide, and that you are coming to an end! Xanax has helped me against this terrible nervousness, demonic, feeling. I only take it when I truly need it. I take the lowest dose possible 0.25. The thing about this drug is that it makes you feel so relaxed. So people keep taking it, to keep feeling good and that's when it backfires. Please only take it as needed. Don't take it if your not feeling panic at the moment. You have to respect this drug. And taking it when u don't feel panic is not the way to go. Trust me! Prayer and a lil help from xanax can make all the difference in the world!!"

Mannyvic (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "Since my dad got sick and eventually passed away my anxiety depression and fears were just over whelming. I've been having so many intrusive thoughts since then. I had mild depression before he passed its been 5 years and its finally just has destroyed me. I finally went and got help two weeks ago and xanax not only completely calms me down it helps me focus on thing I need to focus on and not let my mind wonder with anxiety and weird thoughts. Miracle drug. Don't abuse it. Use when needed its amazing."

Kingcotten (taken for less than 1 month) August 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "I have severe anxiety I started out with 0.5 mg of xanex my Dr just upped it too 1 mg twice a day I have a very understanding Dr. He makes sure I always have 6 months worth I am not addicted because I've gone days with out it"

Lisa 8253 August 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "I have been on SSRI's and benzos for probably 3 or 4 years. SSRI's for depression and on top of that benzos for anxiety and panic attacks. Was on ativan for 3 years and it eventually stopped working. Would take 2 0.5mg pills and it would not affect my anxiety at all. Psychiatrist switched me to xanax 0.5mg everyday as needed up to 3 pills a day. It actually works. It takes a few minutes and wipes away any panic attack and softens my anxiety. I am very careful though because I know it can be very addictive. I was clean off the ativan for months and had no withdrawls so I know I was not addicted to that. Have only been on the xanax a few months and I only take it AS NEEDED so not to get addicted."

LumpyNoodle August 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "Until yesterday, I was prescribed .5 mg. Alprazolam(xanax) for panic, anxiety and irregular sleep patterns. I took them for four years. I went to my psychiatrist yesterday for my monthly suboxone appointment(6 yrs). The same psychiatrist who prescribed my .5 mg.xanax. I am taking suboxone for chronic pain issues from a MVA. I had been on prescription oxycontin 60 mg, 2x's/d for 11 yrs. and that doctor retired...no doctor would prescribe a full opiate agonist and that was 5yrs. ago. So I was told yesterday that he could no longer prescribed both xanax and suboxone due to state and federal guidelines. This type of inappropriate prescribing is outrageous. Has anyone else come up against this? I never abused either medications."

(jjul) July 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I was on 8mg of xanax a day yes 8mg that's 4 bars a day for agoraphobia and several other reasons but be careful with this med though it's a life saver I was pulled off cold turkey and almost took my own life and no ER would not help me at all and I went to 4 different ones and drs are acting like your asking for OxyContin these days if you ask for nerve meds so my dr finally took me back and all is well again but if you can avoid it don't get on this med because if you do you are at the mercy of the system because your now on it for life. worst mental mindwithdrawals of my life"

Anonymous July 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "I was given an extremely low dosage of this, don't know if that was part of the problem but it didn't do anything for me good or bad."

5150Aries (taken for less than 1 month) July 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "I'm a 19 year old girl and I've been diagnosed with Anxiety for a long time but never had an anxiety attack until now. My doctor prescribed me this medicine yesterday after I told her I had an anxiety attack 1 day ago. My heart was literally at a speed of 100 but she gave me medicine to slow it down. It really helped me sleep last night too. This medicine took me about 30-45 minutes to kick in and then it knocked me out and I was fast asleep."

Allison Krug (taken for less than 1 month) July 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "About a year ago I was diagnosed with severe anxiety with panic attacks. Anxiety runs in my family so for me it was not a huge shock for me to have anxiety. I have tried about three different medications that just made me feel awful. I did not feel like myself and I was always sleepy. Once I got put on Xanax with another type of anxiety medication it helped subside my panic attacks. Anytime I would have a panic attack I would take a Xanax and it would help me be able to fell like myself again. I do not take Xanax every day just because I do not have panic attacks everyday and because it is highly addicted. For me this medication worked."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "It really calms me down"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "Xanax is like putting a band-aid over a wound that needs stitches. This med helped take the edge off my anxiety and am thankful for it. It will NOT treat GAD properly because you'll be dependent with too many doses, but is a godsend for panic disorders. I still struggle with anxiety (anger, headaches, worrying, crazy thoughts). It helped me be able to sleep, socialize, not have panic attacks at work, great sex drive and I feel calm. I was prescribed 0.5mg twice a day, usually took less otherwise I'd be sleeping all day, only could go about a day without it then I need it again for anxiety. The biggest downside is that it makes me REALLY tired, lazy, poor memory sometimes. When mixed with alcohol I get very angry. Will be looking into SSRIs."

Concavealexx (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "Xanax is a medication that must be taken seriously and with precaution. This is not a game. Taking it when you don't need to will only create addiction and the withdrawal is worse than living with the actual anxiety. Please don't take this med unless you suffer from anxiety and you are having a panic attack. It works well in these situations but my advice is to stay away from it and only take it in an emergency. I prefer lorazepam. When you take lorazepam the withdrawal symptoms are more tolerable than xanax. Xanax is awesome but it can become Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde. You can die from this or get a DUI if you are caught in a driving accident. This is serious."

roxithefox (taken for less than 1 month) July 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "I was given this after trying several other meds. My doctor gave me 2 mg bars. The yellow ones (generic) aren't bad and the white one isn't either, but them green ones will wipe you out. They are at least 40% stronger despite being the same strength. The use to be very expensive, but are only $5.56 for a 60 pill supply with my insurance ( which is bootleg Obama care)."

Powerful AF (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "Xanax literally saved my life. A year ago I was having probably 4 panic attacks a day. I couldn't go anywhere without freaking out and thinking I was going to die. I was so scared because it didn't feel like a typical panic attack, like I was falling or something. I got xanax .25 and I was able to completely diminish my attacks. No therapists or anything else worked for me like xanax has. I personally didn't find it addictive because I was in such a terrible state. I don't take it very often now, but I don't know where I would be without it"

Lovelife4689 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I've started to take Xanax 3 months ago, 0.25 then 0.5mg a day. Experienced a rapid heartbeat at first, but chose to give it a chance anyway and after 2 weeks it was back to normal. Now I take Xanax 0.5 and Bupropion 300mg a day for my depression and anxiety. I can tell it really has changed my life so far, I can feel joy or calmness again (before I couldn't at all). I hope to get back to normal soon. Can't even describe how I'm glad I've started to take these medications. Although I know many people have severe side effects, the thing is - it's very individual, you have to try and find a medicine that works best for you. Many people take Prozac, but I almost died when took it - side effects were terrible, I even experienced hallucinations."

Anna3529 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I have been on xanax for 15yrs. The past 9yrs I've been on them solid (haven't missed a day) I just turned 40yrs old, and I'm in the worst position in my life than I've ever been! Long story short, I I have severe anxiety & panic attack disorder. My 1st panic attack was at 19. Lets just say I've tried my fair share of narcotics. I'm 10yrs clean off of Heroin. But the xanax is a monster of its own. I've had 2 grand mal seizures trying to get off them. They can kill you! I just take 3mg a day so I don't get sick& anxiety. My step-son passed away at 19 from taking too many xanax. It's not a sleeping pill, it's not for people that are stressed out. They don't discriminate, my 87yr old grandma was addicted to them too. All I'm saying is do your research 1st"

Should of thought twice June 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "The most efficacious and useful anxiolytic I have ever had. Fast acting and requiring three times a day (chronic) administration, but also, along with the recommended 4mg lorazepam IV when actually suffering an attack and a doc is present, by a long way the best acute remedy for anxiety and panic attack."

zaborav (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "I have been taking Xanax 0.25 for less than four years to control anxiety mainly before sleep. It works really well until it does exactly opposite for its purpose, causing more anxiety and distress. I have been taking Xanax randomly only to relax me before sleep, say 3 times a month, 10 times a month and most of the time half of the 0.25. I noticed that overtime especially in the months I took it more often, the anxiety, the fast heart beats and confusion and strange muscle weakness were getting beyond tolerable. In few words, I would tell anyone there that NO ONE should even begin taking this very addictive Xanax. Better suffer through your difficulties than using Xanax to ease your anxiety and panic. The drug will take you to abyss."

milaseasky (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "Anything that can get me back on track while I deal with my very occasional anxiety issues. Xanax helped me out a lot 4.5 years ago and I am in need of it again."

Anonymous1974 (taken for less than 1 month) June 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "I was extremely against Xanax because of knowing people who abused it, and being someone who will try homeopathic cures before using prescriptions. That said, it really helps me. I have anxiety I would describe as anywhere from mild- severe depending on the day, and week. But sometimes I get in these intensely anxious thought patterns, where I cannot let go, its terrible.Taking medication during these periods is a god-send. It allows me to return back to my normal non-anxious self. I rarely have noticed sleepiness as an effect of the medication- only when I was already sleepy before taking it. If you don't abuse your dose, it shouldn't cause you to feel out of it or have memory loss, if you truly suffer from anxiety. That's my experience"

hulahoopinghannah June 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "One day, out of the blue, I felt lightheaded ; I was nauseous, my legs were tingling and a horrible fear over took me. I had every physical test taken. All were negative. Finally, totally desperate and afraid I'd have another attack, I went to 2 psychiatrists. Both diagnosed Panic Disorder. (Found out it runs in my family. ) Was put on amitriptyline, Prozac, Busbar, Paxil. I stuck each one out for 6 weeks. The nausea was horrible and the anxiety debilitating. Finally I met a psychiatrist who put me on Zanax ( .5 mg 4 to 5 times a day and 25 mg of Zoloft. My life improved immediately. He said he hoped the Zoloft would end the panic attacks but it took a combination of both meds. I take .5 Xanax 3 times a day. I'm alive again!"

Ponyguy99 June 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "I'm 21 years old and this medication gave me my life back. I have social anxiety, hypochondria, and occasional panic attacks. I'd immediately become stiff and uptight at all social events as well as at school. It got so bad that it affected my grades. After I take a Xanax, the anxiety simply vanishes and it's replenished with relaxation, tranquility, and stability. All the scary, racing thoughts stop and I begin to think more logically and calmly. I take 0.5 mg five times a day as needed. Xanax is also wonderful for muscle spasms."

Johnathan R (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "Took xanax for a month for anxiety and panic attacks. I took it 3 times a day (the lowest dosage) 0.25 mg in the morning, 0.25 mg in the afternoon, and 0.50 mg in the evening. First week seemed fine with little to no changes, but after that was torture. Horrible insomnia, nausea, and panic attacks got WAY worse. My psychiatrist added Adderall to the mix because of my ADHD. This is when the nightmare really started. I couldn't sleep for 4 days straight-- I had to miss work, I was threatening suicide in front of my family-- I was LOSING it. Couldn't keep anything down. The best way to describe it was like a bad trip that you were certain was never going to end. I tapered off of it, and felt normal again after 2 weeks. Please use caution"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I was having many issues with anxiety attacks, panic attack. First started on 1mg 3 times daily.Then was having night terrors too.So I ended up on 2mg ,4 times daily and 2-3 pills of 2mg ativan at night .I got say not many doctors would give you that I would not ask!! I had an on job accident 3yrs prior to this and was on Oxycontin 60mg twice daily and 30 mg oxycode 6 times daily. Sounds like quite mix I know. But with proper monitoring it was a godsend. Pharmacist was not impressed but that's not his problem, his is to count and fill. If they wanted to be a Dr then that's their issue Moral is don't judge yourself by how a pharmacy makes you feel. Now I'm just on the 2mg of xanax and 1 mg of ativan and am normal thanks to a brave understanding Dr"

Steamroller4u2 (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 28, 2017