User Reviews for Xanax

Depression 64 reviews 80 medications

8.6
Summary of Xanax reviews 572 reviews 8.9

Reviews for Xanax

For Depression "From 2002-2017 I have been on many different types of medications klonopin, Valium and xanax, not to mention all the psych drugs none that helped until my Dr. realized I had social anxiety and paralyzing panic attacks. By far the the best for not only my depression but my anxiety as well was xanax 2mg. I had to take at least the full bar to ease my anxiety however not only did it help with my fears and anxiety but it helped with my depression which stemmed from my constant panic attacks. It is easily abused however when it's needed it's a savior and can help me get what I need to accomplish done as a mother a wife and a personal trainer/ lifeguard and graduate of Homeland Security and Emergency management which without xanax I wouldn't have"

Bently Rose February 19, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Anxiety "Took two 2mg.xanax this evening and a suboxone last night. No affects noted. Are there any precautions I should be aware of??? Thank you..."

wanagi49 February 19, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Panic Disorder "This medication is a miracle if you have extreme anxiety and panic attacks. I've been on it close to 10 years and have never changed my dose. If you don't overuse it and only take it when you can't take the anxiety anymore then you should be fine. Within about a half hour I'm feeling much better and my anxiety is at bay."

Brian8511 February 19, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Anxiety "Hello all, I'm 34 years old and have fibromyalgia and Anxiety. I have taken all the anti-depressants out there and xanax is the only one that truly helped me. I have been on xanax for the last 8 years of my life. I am prescribed two 2 mgs a day. I take it as needed, and often I split a 2 mg in half. If I'm off work for a day, I will maybe take a quarter to half for the entire day. Recently my regular doctor weaned me off of it, I thought I would be okay, instead I started having panic attacks every day. They were so bad that even being around 1 or 2 friends, for a long period of time, I would almost lose my shit. I had seven or eight 1 mg xanax left when I saw a psychiatrist, I told him what was happening and he wrote me a script instantly."

Freddy D (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 17, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Anxiety "I live with PTSD, social anxiety, panic, depression (manic). I've had a rough life in the early years, and married young to a psycho. Then lost my first child. My life hasn't stopped taking as of today- I tend to hide away, in a literal sense. Locking all doors behind me. Recently the FDA marked Xanax a black label- (saying it's a killing drug with pain meds taken together) thanks to rich people and their drinking with meds, and those high profile dealers out there mixing fentenyl into simple drugs, and doctors prescribing 2mg Xanax pills several per day.., people like me get to be sick and be removed from 3 -1m tabs per day that were to help us be part of society- while we search for another medication to help us get there again.. "

Angel in a lot of Pain ty FDA January 31, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Anxiety "Thank you Xanax for the best sleep ever!"

AngeloXanax (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 30, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Panic Disorder "In a case of emergency, I would take Xanax during the day. But, I usually take it at night to go to bed and to stop the anxiety and panic attacks. It makes me feel so sleepy, I don't know how anyone can take it during the day. I felt high as a kite. It works, that's for sure."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 22, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Panic Disorder "Xanax has been a life saver for me. I have been diagnosed with panic disorder and depression since I was a teenager. I learned through lots of therapy that my issues are environmental and chemical. There are times when meditating and positive affirmations do not work during my attacks. This is when I take my Xanax so I can function like a normal human being. I do not abuse my Xanax and have been on the same dose (0.5mg) for the last 10 years. There was a time that I was having multiple panic attacks daily for months. Xanax helped me stay sane until my psychiatric found the right SSRI for me. I think that this drug is great as long as you have a good doctor and use the appropriate amount."

DogMom123 (taken for 10 years or more) January 16, 2017

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Anxiety "I suffer from emetophobia-related panic attacks and anxiety, and this drug is just a godsend. I try to reserve it until I really need it as I know that, based on my personality, I could pretty easily become dependent. If it wasn't for the issues with dependency and withdrawal it would be a ten out of ten for me. I will note that after I stopped using it semi-regularly, I became better at dealing with anxiety "on my own" so to speak, and experienced less anxiety overall as I improved my coping skills. Still, I'm really grateful for this medication and encourage other miserably anxious people out there to discuss it with their doctors. It really improved my life when I thought nothing could."

Eliza_os January 10, 2017

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Anxiety "I suffer from complicated grief and PTSD, I lost my only child to severe mental illness almost six years ago. My anxiety is through the roof right now. Psychiatrist prescribed Ativan but it does nothing really (.5 MG) compared to Alprazolam (generic for Xanax). Even splitting a .5 MG pill helps me to stop frantic behaviors. But this stuff is addictive, you have to be careful never to go over prescribed daily dose and I don't know how difficult it will be to stop this medication, if I ever decide to do that."

FidMom (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 8, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Anxiety "I have suffered from anxiety & panic attacks since Kindergarten! I "self medicated",w/alcohol & weed, until they became an "issue",to say the least! I hit rock bottom almost losing my family, my job,tried AA, Shrinks, until I had a full blown attack.I thought I was having a heart attack ,sweating,rapid heart beat ,etc .I also dreaded any social affairs,or changes in my life .I thought I was just missing a link,not "normal",whatever that is! I went to my Dr & he prescribed .25mg, the lowest .But I was able to 'function" ,go to weddings ,NOT drink ,since 1999. I'm now on the 2mg addicted? I am able to live w/o alcohol & function, but do feel it ,if I don't take it.Trade off? Maybe,but it's better than being a "captive" of my fears. Just be you!:)"

EDMO' (taken for 10 years or more) January 5, 2017

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Anxiety "I haven't seen a xanax in the US from a US pharmacy with the name brand xanax scored on the pill in over 20 years. these had no taste. Real xanax have a very distinct taste. and it never melted in my mouth. xanax always melt in my mouth within a few minutes. I've seen videos on youtube of people pressing them. My advice is. Get a prescription from a doctor and get them from the pharmacy because that wasn't the first time I saw these.. The streets are flooded with these bars."

Unib0mb (taken for less than 1 month) January 4, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Anxiety "I've been on quite a few different kinds of medications for anxiety and depression, but I've never had a reaction quite like I did with this one. Within hours of taking it for the first time, I began to feel nauseous, drowsy, uncoordinated, shaky; my vision was blurry and I couldn't drive a car. These symptoms persisted until I stopped the medication. I tried it once or twice after stopping the first time, and the horrible symptoms came right back. I couldn't even do my work. If you have any sensitivities to this medication I would not recommend it. I'm no doctor, but even I know when a pill isn't worth the risk."

HughMS December 28, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Anxiety "I have bipolar 1, GAD & PTSD. I can't rage antidepressants (even on mood stabilizers) because of the bipolar disorder and buspirone proved useless for me. Xanax has really helped me keep my anxiety under control. I don't get the sedating effects that most people seem to. I've been on the same dose for over five years. When my mother passed away, I was also on ativan PRN for a short period of time and sometimes I wish I still had that, too. Not for everyday use, just for extremely triggering events."

espresso_dreams (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 27, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Panic Disorder "I have been on a fairly high dose of this medication for over 6 years now. I can not tell you enough that it is an extremly horrible idea for long term use 2 times daily or more or even less any long term use of this drug to me is almost a death sentence for that person it is probably the most difficult thing to stay off of if used for more then a month or 2 straight. Im trying to get off them now myself but I am so very deep in a hole its almost hard to see the end. Once you stop say goodbye to sleep for a while and feeling like complete psychosis for the next few weeks or months till your brain comes back from the hole you dug for it. If I could go back and never take a benzo I would in a heart beat ssris and ssnris never worked for me."

Mrwrong (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 26, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Anxiety "I have severe social anxiety and have tried every other medicine out there and nothing has worked. Xanax so far has changed my life. I'm able to talk to people and look them in the eye and not feel stupid every where I went. I take .5mg 3 times a day. I'm just worried about the addiction part. I've heard it's pretty bad. But I rather be happy all the time than having panic attacks all the time."

Jgm1987 December 14, 2016

38 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Anxiety "For years, I didn't know I was suffering from Anxiety and Panic Attacks. My doctor told me what was happening to me & prescribed Xanax. It helps me TREMENDOUSLY. I feel "normal" now. Been using it for 10 years."

Miss FiFi December 13, 2016

45 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Panic Disorder "I took prozac for 12 years, and it became more less useful to me as I became more tolerant. However I cannot live without it due to my condition of extreme severe anxiety and panic. I grew up with this disorder and as an adult I can't control it at points. I have never had an addictive nature. And I do not take it on a daily regimen. I refuse to be addicted or forever bound to a drug. So I use other methods of meditation and zen relaxation techniques even sleeping all I need to when I can on days I can. However, I have high stress days, that even prozac doesn't help these nature elements and body chemicals that I had to look for an alternative. I started using Xanax. Due to its addictive nature, I broke them in 4, taking in smaller doses"

Now body (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 13, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Panic Disorder "I take 0.5 mg xanax as needed, which I have been on for a few months. I suffer PTSD panic attacks and xanax is the only thing that helps. I don't always need it and can go weeks without needing to take one."

What works for me December 13, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Anxiety "I have been on Xanax since 2007 when I was watching my mother slowly suffer. I started on 0.25 mg and eventually the dose was not enough. Now ordered 1 mg in morning and 2 mg at night. It works ,however I have cognitive impairment and all I want to do is sleep and my memory is pretty shot. I weaned myself down very ,very slowly and got down to 1 mg daily at night, but then some negative events happened and I was going into a panic attack. I know this medication works, but I would not take it unless it is a must."

Brain Dead December 13, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Anxiety "Xanax does feel like a miracle drug, but then addictive drugs always do at 1st. All is fine, for someone with anxiety there definitely does seem to be some kind of euphoria, because you feel like you can properly have jokes, interact socially, be yourself again e.t.c. It's only a band-aid, I know it's not an ideal world where everyone can get the best therapies e.t.c. but in truth it doesn't work forever and many people (such as myself) end up with inter-dose withdrawals and 'psychological dependence', ("OMG I FORGOT TO PACK MY XANAX HOW WILL I COPE?"). Compared to the withdrawals I experienced (no seizures thank god), the anxiety that made me go to the doc in the 1st place was very minor. I would advise use for no more than a month."

Matt Hopland (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 10, 2016

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Anxiety "Let's be honest guys if you have anxiety you know too well it's the only thing that helps. I've tried several others medications for my anxiety but non of them worked so well as xanax. I've tried Paxil Amitriptyline Zyprexa Celexa Seroquel. All of them were a waste of time. The only problem with xanax is that it is addictive and becomes really easily habit forming because it WORKS!"

❤️ (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 10, 2016

40 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Anxiety "I have been using Xanax for the last 7 months, I don't know how to thank my doctor for prescribing this medication to me. I suffered from being lonely and scared if I will die, I panic for every little thing, now I take every night 0.5mg Xanax, is there anyone to let me know if you taking Xanax for a long time."

Cindy Gaschi (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 22, 2016

33 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Anxiety "This med helped me to go back to a stressful job after burnout.I am so grateful to have had this to deal with stress++++.I was able to function well.but not get panicked or be exhausted by the stressful Work in a hospital..5mg per day was so helpful."

D J M (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 19, 2016

29 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Depression "I am 19 years old, turning 20 next month, and i have panic disorder for a long time. Im gay and my life was not easy at all, my dad doesnt support me and then i got also depression. I take this medication for about 2 years now and i can tell you: it works so good and it saved my life. I was afraid of going out in public, working, etc. My life was terrible with all my anxiety attacks and that was destroying my life. If you feel the same, talk to your doc and ask for xanax, but DO NOT TAKE without prescription. IT IS a drug and you must control it!!!!"

tylerhanderson November 14, 2016