User Reviews for Xanax

Anxiety 8.6
Summary of Xanax reviews 8.7 790 reviews

Reviews for Xanax

D · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 2, 2020

For Panic Disorder: “If you start taking this drug you better hope and pray your doctor never takes you off of it. The absolute worst physical and mental anguish I've ever been in.”

kappa kappa gamma May 31, 2020

For Anxiety: “I’ve had benzodiazepine prescriptions (ativan, k-pin, & xanax) since 15 y/o until now (20 y/o). Over the past 5 years, it’s been rough managing physical and psychological dependency issues. I’ll blackout for a week at a time and proceed to buy fake xans from friends (usually cut with fentanyl and other bad stuff). During my attempt to wean off the drug, I ended up having a grand mal seizure at a party (Dec. 2019). Since then, managing sobriety from all benzos has lead to self medicating through other substances (cannabis, ketamine, cocaine, kratom, norcos). I was living in my sorority’s chapter house but moved into a fraternity house about 3 months ago, in which 3 brothers are active xanax users. It is really rough Basically, if you’re prone to addiction (runs in the family, other psychiatric conditions, etc) watch out dude”

joseph · Taken for less than 1 month April 22, 2020

“hi stop smoking back 6 weeks ago after almost 37 years . This has brought on constant coughing with problems of getting rid of smoker's phlegm plus depression luck of sleep and constant thoughts that j am going to die because of my respiratory and chest are full of phlegm and short of breath. Finally getting XANAX 0.5 twice a day . Real different is that I am positive now. I can sleep almost 8 hrs a night and have positive thinking of ex smoker and my body are recovering slowly but consistently”

Reinier · Taken for 10 years or more April 17, 2020

For Anxiety: “I have used Xanax for 20 years. Always taken it as needed, and it works wonderfully, no side effects at all, no getting used to it as evidenced by not using it for days and no withdrawal. I tried everything else suffering severe side effects like Seroquel. I only need 1mg twice a day, maybe on real panic day three times.”

Noel Garnet · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 10, 2020

For Anxiety: “This drug has saved me on a thousand occasions, from generalized anxiety to panic attacks or somatic tension, up to situations of severe insomnia where the next day I had to get up early in the morning. I have always considered it a godsend, it is an excellent anxiolytic and it is very useful also for those suffering from sleep disorders, because it does not leave heaviness or numbness the next day, due to its short duration of action in the body. My average dosage is 20 drops (0.50 mg). What can I say, to me it is the best anxiolytic!”

Vin · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 9, 2020

For Anxiety: “I have Poliaradiculoneuropathy (when polyneuropathy and polyradiculopathy occur together). Xanax is not so great for general anxiety, but I appreciate this drug, since I discovered its off label use for my terrible neuropathy. It reduces my legs pain and stiffness by ca. 70% and set me free from being bedridden. Now I can walk several km with the help of crutches and feel more like human again. I am getting addicted to it, but I could care less.”

Missy February 28, 2020

For Panic Disorder: “I’m a young adult & I feel like all I experience in my life is anxiety & panic. I’ve tried a number of antidepressant and anxiety medications over the years that do indeed help, because without them I would never be able to leave my house. However, I still do get extremely anxious and have panic attacks. My new psychiatrist has actually been able to figure out my particular chemistry. She prescribed xanax for the panic attacks, which has helped tremendously. I only take 2mg when I’m having an attack. At most 15 minutes later, I feel twenty times better. My attacks can easily last hours so the xanax cuts that time greatly. Afterwards, I get sleepy and my concentration isn’t very good, but I’d much rather be calm & not be able to concentrate than to be panicking & feeling like I’m losing my mind & STILL not able to concentrate. I don’t see myself using it for years like some people have to because I do take Fetzima and Prozac daily, but for now it’s helping me so much!”

PANICATTHEDISCO · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 26, 2020

For Anxiety: “3yrs on and off as needed. Not sure why this is a popular recreational drug? It really just make me feel normal again when I start getting high bp spikes from anxiety and panic attack symptoms. It definitely works, no side effects that I have been aware of.”

Brokey · Taken for 10 years or more February 25, 2020

For Anxiety: “I have been on xanax for 30 years and it worked great for my anxiety and panic attacks. I am not addicted but it help with everything bothering me. Well my Dr. just cut me off abruptly ! The withdraw is terrible. I was willing to wean myself off of them but cut off.”

Anonymous · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 16, 2020

For Anxiety: “I have been on xanax for over five years. I am not addicted. I take them as prescribed. I don't drink and I have positive results. I have no side effects”

Js · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 1, 2020

For Anxiety: “I've taken xanax to help me sleep for several years. I try to take it as little as possible so I won't get addicted. It makes me tired, even at.25 so I don't take it during the day. Luckily, I don't suffer from panic attacks very often. I probably take it a few times a month just before bed. It works better than it antihistamines although I frequently wake up after 6 hours which is all it seems to last. I have heard about it leading to Alzheimer's though. I'm afraid of that.”

tiger January 22, 2020

For Anxiety: “I have been on Xanax for about 20 years, 1mg for sleep. I am not addicted to it but dependent like a person with high blood pressure is dependent on meds., or diabetic dependent on insulin, or humans dependent on oxygen. I have had no side reactions and am 78 years old. It has saved my life. Try not sleeping for a week and see what happens. You will be inside your worse nightmare Why the uproar over physical dependence, I do not know. It must come from the Gov.”

sunnyrayod January 19, 2020

For Anxiety: “I have been using this drug for several years for my anxiety attacks, and it great. But anxiety has been getting worse and worse especially during work which causes heart stress (thanks so much anxiety..), so my doctor is now letting me take it during my 5-day work week. It works excellently. I am so much more calm and present at work. I will say I am a lot more lethargic, and that is noticeable. But otherwise I have no side effects, so I will continue with this treatment and I am so glad that it is so effective. The good outweighs the bad for me, but I will say that if you tend to be more dependent on drugs like these, I don’t recommend it for you. I have no addiction to it and no withdrawal symptoms when go days without after taking it for multiple days in a row. So just be aware, and pay attention to your body. If you are struggling with learning the difference between wanting another dose and needing another dose, talk to your doctor.”

Gomez · Taken for 10 years or more January 14, 2020

For Anxiety: “I have been taking xanax for 10 years. Through an alcohol addiction I drink while on Xanax not a good idea If used as prescribed It takes away my panic attacks. I couldn't even leave the house without. It also helped me stop drinking 3 years sober now still on xanax 1 mg 3 times daily. Some days now I don't even take it . With proper self control it saved my life. Hands down. I had a lot of stress since quitting drinking between family members dying. This last year has been hard to say the least 2019 was probably the worst year of my life and I stayed sober through It. No more alcohol”

Charo · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 12, 2020

For Depression: “I’m sorry my Dr ever put me on Xanax. It’s a EVIL drug . If your dr puts you on it more than a few weeks your will have a Xanax addiction . It’s not safe . Read up on Xanax. This will be my third relapse it’s not in your mind I almost died twice trying to get off of Xanax my heart stopped 6 times and 5 seizures . Other Benzos are safer . The Drs are at fault not the company Pfizer has a warning no more than two weeks on Xanax.”

Panda · Taken for less than 1 month January 9, 2020

For Panic Disorder: “Xanax has a paradoxical effect on me. Makes me have panic attacks like I had never experienced before. So many doctors have told me how safe it is, and it wasn’t until I was almost committed for attempted suicide that my doctor admitted that it may not be for me! For some reason doctors are really in love with Xanax and it is hard to get them to listen to patients criticisms.”

Beardman8511 January 6, 2020

For Panic Disorder: “This drug Xanax does exactly what it’s supposed to do for panic attacks. It’s honestly the only prescribed drug I’ve ever taken that really fulfils what it says it will do. I’ve been taking this medicine for close to 20 years sometimes not for long periods of time but very steadily for about the past 7. I gave it nine stars bc it is super effective but has a good deal of drawbacks. For one, it’s crazy addicting. I feel I’m definitely addicted to it and start having very serious withdrawals if I skip a few days. Personally, I feel like it’s the lesser of two bad options being that not having it my life is just constant anxiety and panic but it creates its own anxiety knowing that you need it. I currently take 2 mg a day and sometimes I break it up throughout the day. If your anxiety is truly severe and strongly affecting your life I would recommend taking it but if that’s not the case I would use some discretion before getting involved with a drug as strong as this.”

Vintage · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 6, 2020

For Anxiety: “Suffered major depression and anxiety when my father died when I was 18 years of age. I constantly considered killing my self. Antidepressants and therapy had little effect on my outlook on life. But then I was prescribed Xanax. I learned to calm down and to actually take a look at my life. Just don’t abuse the drug and it works wonders.”

JConrad · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 4, 2020

For Anxiety: “Well, I have mixed thoughts about Xanax. On one hand, it is a very fast acting drug, and seems to be more "powerful" than klonopin at the same dosage (0.5mg). On the other hand, it seems to have a very short time effect, with a more pronounced "knock out" effect. In short: at least for me klonopin works much better. I stopped cold turkey (not the right thing to do, I know) and had no issues at all. I had taken it for over a year for panic. Also, it seemed to boost my appetite beyond normal levels, but I leave this as an open question as to a plausible effect.”

pbirm · Taken for less than 1 month December 30, 2019

For Anxiety: “I have been having sleep issues for years. At times its not too bad but lately it's been hard to fall a asleep. I also get up multiple times to urinate due to an enlarged prostate. I'm 51. My wife had some Xanax and she told me to try one before going to bed. I used it the last 2 nights. The pills are 0.5 mg. OMG, I slept like a BABY for the 2 nights and felt so refreshed. I also only got up once to use the bathroom. Most nights I get up almost every hour to urinate. That wreaks my sleep. I will not take the pill every night but I may periodically. Too bad it's not safe to take for a long period of time.”

Fitness freak December 15, 2019

For Anxiety: “Was prescribed Xanax .25 mg as needed about 9 months ago. After a few weeks I cut it back on my own to .125 as needed. I’m averaging .1 mg a day. I’m concerned about long term use, ( is 9 months considered long term?) Withdrawal is another fear( does replacing Xanax with another drug make any sense?) and mostly, the dizziness that I feel almost daily, especially when standing up or getting out of bed. Anyone have advice or personal experience that can help me? I’m 62, with 3 widow maker stents, but otherwise in excellent health.”

Ada · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 9, 2019

For Panic Disorder: “Xanax really helps me with my panic attacks. If normally a panic attack would last me around 3-4 hours, if I take this it will be gone in around 30 minutes and then feel extremely calm and peaceful. It really helps a lot and I don't think I'll ever stop taking it, because I just can't deal with my panic attacks on my own.”

Unsure · Taken for 5 to 10 years December 7, 2019

For Anxiety: “I have panic disorder, anxiety, some OCD. I’ve been on Xanax (1mg as needed which ends up being daily but usually only at night and then I take 2) for about 7 years. I was originally prescribed it more than 20 years ago but kept it as a security blanket. I’ll never forget the first time I actually got the nerve to try it. “This is what normal people feel like???”, was my response. I would keep my review at a 10 EXCEPT, now I’m hearing LOTS of talk (and medical reviews) that it causes dementia/Alzheimer’s!!! This is the ONLY drug that works for me and I feel I need to get off of it. Scared and torn and would love a solution.”

Brother Pitts · Taken for 10 years or more December 3, 2019

For Anxiety: “Xanax takes away all the nervousness mind racing and anxiety while making me feel calm and content. Miracle drug to me”

JUJU · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 23, 2019

For Anxiety: “I was prescribed 2mg Xanax 2 times a day for severe anxiety and insomnia this drug works amazing for sleeping issues as far as anxiety I just break a piece off and let it dissolve under my tongue (nasty taste) but takes anxiety away immediately. I'm so glad my psychiatrist put me on this medication for anxiety /panic attacks/insomnia I don't abuse it sometimes I even go days without having to even take it .... Its definitely a life saver to have though!!”