User Reviews for Xanax

Depression
8.6

Summary of Xanax reviews 8.9 656 reviews

Reviews for Xanax

For Anxiety "Hello I've been taking xanax for 25 years and still going, it's done wonderful in my life. But also it's not for everyone."

Gretchen (taken for 10 years or more) June 17, 2018

For Anxiety "Seriously I would be dead without this medication. Pop culture has given it the bad rep but as a prescribed user of this god sent medicine from the beautiful minds at pfizer I humbly thank you for saving my life. Had I known and addressed my severe depression, agoraphobia, anxiety & PTSD, (the alphabet goes on).. I would have NEVER SUFFERED FROM A STROKE IN 2010 DUE TO MY CONDITIONS that I had no idea there was a word for what's wrong with me. This is a quick acting short shelf life in the system type of medicine so it's a here, now, gone feeling. The low doses are like a mini invisible hug, the 2 mgs help me sleep and dream of a better life and wake up to my Starbucks feeling alert as the medicine did it's thing on my heart and mind. If during the day I feel sick with chest pain from anxiety it offers immediate relief. I am responsible in my consumption. Thank you to the hard working medical professionals for understanding the pain of the unseen sicknesses."

ShaolinXantastic (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 9, 2018

For Anxiety "Careful with this one. Very addictive. It was prescribed for anxiety but after a while I found myself habitually taking it and getting desperately anxious when I didn’t. Addiction to barbiturates in my mid forties was not part of the plan, so I stopped. Withdrawals were terrible. I also, experienced short term memory issues. I achieved safer results with anti-depressants, although they take a week or more to ‘work’ they are not addictive. Lifestyle changes also helped, no drinking, took up jogging, gym and watching what I eat and being more mindful of the spiritual aspects of life. Pretty obvious stuff really..."

GJ (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 13, 2018

For Panic Disorder "This is one of those medications that you try to avoid due to "bad press," That being said, it has saved my life. I went from being home bound agoraphobic to traveling outside my home, getting and maintaining a 12 hour job and this year going back to college to finish my nursing degree. This is what this medication was originally made for....to give those like us a chance at a normal life. So sad so many are deprived this miracle drug due to a few bad apples. No memory impairment thus far and I have been on this med for years. Not expensive. No bad side effects other than an occasional headache. Wonderful medication!"

Dawnie (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 12, 2018

For Anxiety "I've taken xanax regularly for ~5 years. Having to deal with severe family issues, my general anxiety disorder has ramped up considerably these past 5 years. My dosage varies, as I take it as needed. Some days I take 1mg and many days I take none at all. I probably average .25mg/day and it has been extremely beneficial to me. Even on my worst days I realize that taking more won't help, and I will just have to get through that day at a maximum of 1mg. For me, xanax has been a very helpful tool in my turbulent life and as things start to level out, my usage decreases."

Phat Phil (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 7, 2018

For Anxiety "Xanax is my miracle drug, but if you run out you are in for big trouble. You can have seizures, a stoke, or even death. Please be careful...but it definitely changed my life and has actually given my life back."

Pebbles523 (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 25, 2018

For Panic Disorder "I am one of those scared of taking any medication related to psych . I had a stable job for 20 years before the onset of anxiety and panic disorder . I thought I will brave it . So read books , took yoga etc, but it only got worse. Before long it was affecting by performance at work. Finally getting into elevators became impossible. Then I became almost house bound . People even began to notice . That’s when I resolved to solve this problem once and for all. After several trials with my doctor I found xanax and it completely changed my life. I take 0.5 mg daily . All my symptoms are gone . Thank goodness for that medication."

Nick March 23, 2018

For Panic Disorder "This drug can be habit forming, so control your desire to dose and skip doses to 'up' yourself in terms of pills. Once you master the addictive side of this medicine, it can be a REAL benefit for anxiety disorders. It's given me control over my life again. I love this medication, but I respect it and am afraid of it at the same time. ONLY take it when you need it, do that and it will be an asset."

NJ (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 22, 2018

"I know these meds are very addictive but right now I start chemo therapy and for my cancer of course I'm trying to be strong but I have more bad days then good and without alprazolam I would literally go insane"

Sufer (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 19, 2018

For Anxiety "I have had bad anxiety for years. Started with busipro but It gave me nightmares and made me stutter a little bit so I stopped the pill. I went in for my board exam for Respiratory care and I failed. During the end of my test My heart started racing, chest pain. I was having a panic attack. I went to the doctor and I was prescribed Xanax. She told me to take 1/2 a pill 0.5 before my test and I did. During my test I felt calm, normal, fresh mind. I could think clearly. I wasnt anxious at all. I passed. Its been a great pill. I love it. But tonight I took 1/2 before bed and 30 minutes later I started crying. I am depressed too before starting pills. But for the most part xanax has been so good to me."

Blonde (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 16, 2018

For Anxiety "I have my life back because of xanax. I have suffered from anxiety my entire life but somehow kept it manageable until my fifties. I was getting more and more agoraphobic and afraid to drive. Finally, I found myself pacing the house, unable to sleep and scared that I was actually going to harm myself. I have been on .5 mg xanax xr up to three times daily for almost two years and I am fully functioning again."

Mags (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 13, 2018

For Panic Disorder "I have been taking xanax for 30 years and could not have survived without it. I take half of .025 when needed, so not every day. Sometimes my anxiety flares up and I may have to take it a few days in a row. One time when my son was in the hospital due to a bad accident, I took it every day for 8 months straight to calm me. I have bad agoraphobia when it comes to large buildings and needed it to get into the huge hospital. When I stopped taking it after 8 months I had no symptoms at all...if you take a low dose you will have no problem with it and it will keep your anxiety down so you can live your life."

corrie88 (taken for 10 years or more) March 1, 2018

For Anxiety "I have been taking xanax for about the last ten years or so off and on. I am 26 now, and I only take Xanax when I really need it. The drug has helped me get through many school presentations from high to college. I get so anxious before big presentations that I have literally froze up in front of whole classes numerous times (while not on Xanax) and whenever I do take it, I get A’s on my projects, I’m less anxious, and everybody is more happy. It also helps if you have a long airplane ride. In short, I have been taking this drug for the past decade responsibly and it has helped me benefit in many situations."

MrBraadddd February 22, 2018

For Depression "It surely works for anxiety. Being said that, stay away from this drug if you can. In the time you build a tolerance, and doses required are much much higher as time passes. Withdrawal is TERRIBLE, I would give a 0/10 but I give 4 because at least it works for anxiety. You can suffer severe loss of memory and generally my brain can't work properly after too many years under it's effect, it has ruined my clear thinking. My liver values goes off chart when I use too much, and has became the norm now after few years of use. Go for other medication that doesn't give you that severe addiction. Hope it helps. Sorry for bad english. I'm now under Testosterone treatment and after few months I can see my symptoms gets better without the brain fog xanax can give."

MicroMacroUniverse (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 11, 2018

For Anxiety "I have been using this drug on and off for 6 years and it works fairly well even at low doses. Originally I took it for anxiety but now I take it for tinnitus. I think it can cause tinnitus. I take half of a 1mg pill before bed. I can go without it for days but do get some withdrawal symptoms. It still works after years of use."

mihulka3 (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 2, 2018

For Panic Disorder "Figured I'd come back with an update since my last post was in 2013. I am still on my Xanax after about 7 years, maybe more. It's still the ONLY drug that helps with my Panic Disorder w/agoraphobia, PTSD, GAD, OCD, and MDD. I've been prescribed 1 mg 3 x's a day, but have never taken that much. I take 1 mg in the morning and 0.5 mg around dinner and another 0.5 mg before bed. I'm just noticing now that I may need to start taking a little more occasionally. Like an extra 0.5 some days. I'm contributing this to the fact that I am in perimenopause now, and my hormones are crazy at times and increase my anxiety and panic attacks. Also finding it more difficult to leave the house again. But still... I'm not up to the recommended dosage, so I think I might just need to take a full mg 3 x's a day now."

Fox7 (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 2, 2018

For Anxiety "Works well very little side effects"

Roboslobo February 1, 2018

For Anxiety "I take 0.25mg when I’m slightly anxious and 0.5mg when I feel very anxious. I can honestly say I feel so normal and happy! I can actually do things I use to do, and alone! I don’t feel scared or worried. I think for rationally and clearly. Only side effect is that it makes you kinda sleepy, but if you keep active and do stuff it wears off and you will feel normal. I actually laugh and have a good time now! I’m surprised at how a low dose works so well! If you have anxiety, don’t be scared and give this a try! Trust me after 20 minuets you will feel relaxed and ready to do anything!"

Rayraykopie January 25, 2018

For Depression "I was initially diagnosed with severe depression. It was the drug of first choice to treat my extreme shyness. While on it I had troubles breathing. I was so dizzy and confused that at times I didn't even know where I was. I couldn't do anything. All I did was sleep. I was supposed to take it 3x a day but stopped before completing the treatment. Wouldn't recommend the experience to anyone. I honestly can't tell why some people take it for kicks or how they end up being addicted to it."

Lakotka (taken for less than 1 month) January 5, 2018

For Panic Disorder "I've been taking Xanax for about 3 years now. I started having symptoms early on, like in my teens. I could never find anything that make me feel like "me" before the panic attacks. Once my doctor prescribed be xanax my life changed for the better. I take 1mg once a day, 2x if I'm having a rough day. They just passed a law in NV where if a doctor is caught 3 times "abusing" this new law about narcotic prescribed drugs they could lose their license. I hope this didn't effect people like myself who used this to alive. I'm not back to 100% but I'll take 85 - 90% any day. Don't judge xanax by the headlines."

Itsme702 (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 3, 2018

For Panic Disorder "I’ve been on Xanax for several years and it works wonders for my anxiety and panic attacks. I only take it as prescribed and try not to take it or taper down 1 day a week. When I take half of a bar I feel clear headed and normal. Any more than that I become sedated, so that’s why I regulate it so carefully. The only downside is the withdrawals are almost unbearable. When I go a couple days off it I feel extra anxious, nervous, mildly depressed, and at times it feels like my mind is messing with me. Overall a great short term medication for panic or anxiety but if you choose to take it long-term, please be careful and take exactly what you’re prescribed, and if possible, less."

Fitdy fi (taken for 10 years or more) December 29, 2017

For Panic Disorder "I can’t find fault with Xanax for control of panic attacks. It’s the best there is. However, I took it for a long period of time, over a year, and found that I needed an ever increasing dose, probably due to tolerance. The withdrawals were ungodly wicked! I was put on low-dose Klonopin, which warded off the worst withdrawals. I went from 6 mg of Xanax to 0.5 mg of Klonopin, and managed to stabilize there within a day. I’d not suggest Xanax to anyone with an ongoing problem with panic. Valium or Klonopin are far safer, in my experience."

Anonymous December 27, 2017

For Anxiety "I took Xanax at a party about a year ago, & I was so surprised with the outcome. I was shocked to find out that it actually relieved me of my anxiety. It actually benefiting me in a positive way. I’ve been on Sertraline for about 6 years now, and I’ve thought about talking to my therapist about switching me to Xanax due to the experience I had with it. I may sound really dumb, but it worked like magic."

Anonymous December 27, 2017

For Anxiety "I have an overreaction to stressful situations. A situation that the average person takes in stride might put me into panic mode. Xanax is the only thing I've found that calms me down effectively. Depending on the situation it may take 0.25mg - 1.0mg to do the job. Because of it's addictive nature I don't take it every day, just in certain situations, maybe 3-4 times per year. I did have a situation recently where I took about 1.0mg every day for about 1 month. When the situation resolved I quit taking it and I had no withdrawal symptoms."

Warhawk97 (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 25, 2017

For Anxiety "The pills that say Xanax on the front and 2 on the back and they are rectangular, they are fake. Be aware"

Don't have nickname (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 23, 2017