User Reviews for Xanax

Depression
8.6

Summary of Xanax reviews 8.9 681 reviews

Reviews for Xanax

For Anxiety "I have a crippling phobia of needles, as well as anxiety disorder. I’ve refused crucial medical treatment such as IVs and vaccines for deadly diseases, and it put my life at risk. So my doctor prescribed Xanax. At first dose (1mg) it didn’t make my mind any calmer, it just sedated my body so I couldn’t run away, but my mind was just as desperate and terrified as usual. My dose for such visits is now 3mg and I am doing so much better!!!! 3mg is not healthy for most, but since I have a severe case it is necessary. Granted, I need assistance walking during the time I’m on it, and it makes me ‘blackout’ (I don’t remember a thing from hours it’s in effect) but it’s worth it to be able to receive medical treatment. Please note that Xanax won’t make your phobias any less scary in the moment, but it will help you get you through life. All in all I think Xanax saved my life."

College student (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 27, 2018

For Anxiety "Alprazolam is to me what glucose is to a diabetic. I’m an educated contributing member of society but am genuinely a disabled person without this drug. My anxiety without this drug is so extreme that I spend every waking moment trying to relieve a fear state, cannot experience peace of any kind, laugh, smile, or function in any state outside of terror. CBT, meditation, positive thinking, hot showers, faith, etc. just do not work for the level of anxiety I have. I have tried many other drugs and classes of drugs because I’m aware of what Xanax is, but this drug is the treatment for anxiety like mine. I would never abuse this drug, would never drink alcohol with it, and am highly aware of how it affects me. Xanax keeps me off disability and well, period."

Responsible male Xanax patient (taken for 10 years or more) November 26, 2018

For Anxiety "I have been using this medication for over 30 years. I don't see how anyone can abuse this drug. It works wonders for me when I need it. Especially when I stress out. It will calm you down quick. I take .25 as needed. Usually 2x a month. Sometimes 3. At night or right after work."

Superman November 17, 2018

For Panic Disorder "These new blue b707 bars 2mg scored 4 times are awesome. I didn't see any reviews on them and CVS switched my normal greenstone with these and I went ahead and tried it instead of waiting took a chance and these are actually stronger. I could not believe it. They're not those crappy green ones. New company. July 2018 came out.. Fresh and strong"

Drspook November 10, 2018

For Panic Disorder "For PTSD. I did not want to be on this because I know how it is abused. The doctor insisted and it was a nightmare for 6 months. Taking one at the verge of anxiety would help but it would wear off quickly. I got to the point I was popping it like candy to prevent a panic attack. Doing so made me very irritatable and dangerous. It was hard to taper off but glad I did. Works for some just not good at all for me."

Bozo-Skip (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 1, 2018

For Anxiety "I've taken .25mg Xanax for sleep for 29 years, with Wellbutrin and Trazodone for Major Depressive Disorder with Anxiety. Never increased the dose, never needed to. Now with the opioid crisis my doctor has refused to prescribe it any more. Never considered that I needed it. Afraid of the government, I guess."

snaarl October 27, 2018

For Anxiety "Dealing with anxiety, panic disorder and now agoraphobia. Xanax helps my symptoms well. Manage, well that's the Catch-22. I was put on 1 mg 3x daily. I stopped for 9 mo. Started again recently but at much lower dose. I don't think I ever took 3 daily previously. I'm taking 1/2 or 0.5mg twice daily. But when needed I'll take a whole 1mg. Problem is I notice this med produces an "urgent" type of anxiety on it's own if I don't take it 3x daily. Makes it hard to manage. Before present doc, I had been told by 2 different doctors they'd give me antihistamines. For Panic, anxiety? Seriously offended. [Its like pain medication - the physician knows as soon as you ingest 1 pill : YOUR DEPENDENT. But they all blame the patient] Wish I could find Long Acting - slow release Xanax. Be wise, don't ever take more, ever ! Less is best if you can & your doctor agrees."

celavaba58 (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 22, 2018

For Anxiety "I've been on this medication on and off for 30 years. Had terrible anxiety and agoraphobia. I take now 0.5mg up to twice a day. It helped in the beginning, but now, even while taking it, I'm having withdrawal symptoms. It's horrible. I can't go to work, I can't go to a store, I can't sleep. Please don't take this awful drug."

Mattie (taken for 10 years or more) October 17, 2018

For Anxiety "From my experience with Xanax it ruins lives, period. Xanax was made for 14 day use for acute crisis but is grossly misprescribed. Xanax is more addictive than heroin and turns normal people into weird and angry shells of who they previously were. The drug causes the brain to stop producing chemicals it needs and the half life is so short that you go into withdrawal every time the drug “runs out” every 4 hours. You believes the feeling is “anxiety” and take another pill to treat it! However the feeling is just withdrawal. You will need more and more of the drug just to get the original effects and you will not really be aware of how you’re acting. The longer you take the drug the worse it gets- and eventually the doctor who got you hooked on it will stop prescribing it. A safe way to get off of Xanax is the Ashton method (Benzodiazepines How They Work & How to Withdraw)- switching slowly from Xanax to Valium. Valium like a longer acting form of Xanax which then is easier to cut down on. I urge you never to start the drug."

NoToX (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 9, 2018

For Anxiety "Been on Xanax for almost 10 years. It has saved my life and I mean that. I couldn’t function from the severe anxiety that I would get everyday. I recently moved and my new psychiatrist won’t prescribe it to me. I am just thankful I still have 3 more scripts I can fill. He’s trying to get me off it by putting me on Buspar. What a mess this drug is. I can’t sleep and am nauseous all day long. Still take a low dose of my Xanax while on it but it scares me having to give up the only thing that has helped me over all theses years. People who abuse it have given it a horrible reputation and it’s not available for the responsible people that really need it."

BW (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 9, 2018

For Anxiety "I don’t remember a time when I wasn’t severely depressed & anxious & without obsessive thoughts. I had severe emotional abuse/twisted mental abuse from my first memory at 3 until I was an adult. I’m 43. There are times I’ll go for days & not need Xanax or take it. But when the panicking & anxiety start I can take 5-6 mg (no, not .5 - actually 5) and finally function. I only use it as needed although I’ve been told I should take it daily. Drug seekers have hurt people like me SO bad. This is the only medication that works when I panic or feel anxiety to the point of wanting to die. I have & never will abuse it, but if I didn’t have it I would for sure be dead. I’ve NEVER had a withdrawal feeling or problem at all. But at that level of panic and obsession I am crippled. My daily meds (esp the anafranil) work very well now to prevent this , but when I get triggered, it’s a wrap. So there ARE some people who aren’t abusers, & who couldn’t function without it."

D October 5, 2018

For Anxiety "This medication make me really happy with stress relief, anxiety relief and lot of energy, love it no side effects. First few days might cause drowsiness but then it goes away."

tayshalee October 2, 2018

For Anxiety "I had severe postpartum anxiety to the point of no sleep for 3 months, which made me lose touch with all reality. I couldn’t take benzos as I was determined to breastfeed. Once I got through another bout of insomnia when I stopped breastfeeding I was suicidal from lack of sleep and panic/anxiety. I was put on xanax, .125 to .25 per day before bed. 4 years later I still have anxiety around sleep, so I take half the lowest dose 45 mins before bed. I struggle with sleep at times but I have not increased my dose over the 4 years and don’t freak out or withdraw if I miss a dose. My doctor hired a new nurse who seems bent on getting me off it, makes me plead my case to get refills. I don’t understand this thinking-a low dose of Xanax forever is better than a strung out suicidal insomniac. I have tried all SSRIs, hypnosis, counselling, meditation, CBTI for insomnia and hormone therapy. Nothing works as well as half a xanax 45 mins before bed. It’s just reality for me."

Q (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 2, 2018

For Anxiety "Xanax has helped my anxiety and panic disorder for decades. Over the years, some doctors have tried to replace it with antidepressants which didn’t end well for me. One antidepressant even made me feel suicidal since depression is the opposite of anxiety. My Xanax dosage has been tapered in half over the past year and this past July I had a seizure. I am 56 years old with tachycardia and have never abused my medications. I sure wish they hadn’t started changing them again with my aging. I suffer anxiety and PTSD which I kept under control, living with a quality of life, enjoying my grandchildren, grocery shopping for myself living alone with my arthritis disability smiling through the pain. Not so much now, as my heart rate stays over 100 at rest so my GP referred me to a cardiologist. I’m aware of my leaky valve from birth lol. Good luck all. This has been a good medication for me."

Sybil1234 September 29, 2018

For Anxiety "I have been on this medication for more than ten years and I have mixed feelings. It is VERY effective for anxiety (I have dissociative disorder), but there are many times I wish I didn't rely on it. I only take 0.5 x 4 per day, but if I stop taking it I will have a tonic-clonic seizure. I am at the mercy of my dr (who is wonderful). If a dr. decides not to prescribe it, I get very ill. It's been wonderful for me, but consider the severe, yet common, side effects for long term use."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) September 27, 2018

For Panic Disorder "Hi I have been on Xanax for 19 years I take 1mg five times a day with no problems they have been a great medication in my life I suffer with anxiety and bipolor type 2 and OCD and PTSD and major depression so life is not easy and have this med helps me get up the morning, shower, eat, dress get my kids off to school. But everyone is right this drug is very dangerous if you abuse it. and this drug is not for everyone."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) September 25, 2018

For Anxiety "Xanax can be wonderful for anxiety. I am prescribed 0.5mg 4x a day but I don’t take it most days. I do have anxiety every day and think about taking them but if at all possible I try not to take them. If I take them every day or too often I get depressed. But proper use helps me to actually get things done that I would not have the energy or drive to get out of the house"

Hopeful September 23, 2018

For Anxiety "I take a 0.5 mg pill about once or twice per week. I see a lot of people on here slamming the drug as exceedingly dangerous. If you take it every day for a while, your brain will begin to alter itself in response to the constant abundance of the chemical. This means if you suddenly stop taking it, after several weeks of daily use, you’re going to hate life for a while. It will take your brain a while to return to its previous state, from before you started taking the medication. I sometimes go weeks without taking it, and sometimes I’ll take it 3 times in one week. I have no problems, and it’s highly effective."

Bill September 11, 2018

For Panic Disorder "I have been a sufferer of panic attack for 30 years. Finally I was given xanax it gave me back my life. I suffered badly with panic attacks. I also had muscle spasms before I took this medication.."

J September 11, 2018

For Panic Disorder "Been taking over 40 years I don't know how to not take them. I'm 61 and think I'm destined to take them forevere\"

T (taken for 10 years or more) September 8, 2018

For Anxiety "Xanax is one of the hardest, if not the hardest drug to quit taking. Even harder than heroin according to my doctor. Was so hard for me for almost 3 months after using them everyday for 2 years. Will never take one of them again. They actually just takes away your anxiety while you are on them. Problem is that all of us are using them for a period. Then you get all the anxiety back again and the problem is now it is 5 x worse than what it was to begin with. Stopping my Xanax like I wanted to do the first day - just stop taking them - is dangerous my Doctor said that would not be possible, since I actually could die from it. So instead it is a slow painful reduction of dosage day after day. Just as warning take Valium, or in that range instead it is much less stress when you are quitting them"

Taptech (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 29, 2018

For Panic Disorder "Been on Xanax over 30 years. Began taking it for severe panic attacks which turned into agoraphobia after doctors said nothing was wrong and kept telling me just to relax. I had panic so bad I could not leave the house, answer the phone or doorbell, eat. When my blood pressure went so high I burst a blood vessel in my eye I finally met a doctor who was an expert in panic disorder. He started me on Xanax and all my symptoms resolved almost immediately. Blood pressure normal, could go out and shop, got a good job. Life was wonderful for 30 years. On .25 3 X per day. Never wanted or needed more. Now doctors want everyone off Xanax and I am being forced to quit. I am terrified. At least I had 30 great years"

Free Atlast (taken for 10 years or more) August 19, 2018

For Anxiety "I've was diagnosed with chronic panic anxiety disorder almost 30 years ago and put on Xanax. I also have horrific migraines, so I cannot take antidepressants. I've taken 0.5mg 5 times a day for years with no problems working, thinking, or functioning. Now the feds have decided that Xanax is addictive and my insurance company is questioning my doctor on filling my script. I know all the dangers of tapering and cannot imagine what's going to happen to me. Just the thought makes me nervous. This form of anxiety runs in my family."

City Pastor (taken for 10 years or more) August 13, 2018

For Anxiety "I have been taking Xanax for a while now and it really controlled my anxiety. I also have afib and anyone who has it knows how annoying that can be. Now when I have afib I take a Xanax and calms it down I also spoke to several people who have afib and yes Xanax helps calm it down. So don't let any doctors tell you any different Xanax can be a wonder drug when used properly"

Mikeyboy 60 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 16, 2018

For Anxiety "The negative reviews on here about this med are coming from people who take it everyday. Folks, DO NOT take this medicine every day it's for occasional use only. It's like alcohol; having a drink once in a while here or there is fine but getting drunk all day every day is obviously not a good idea. Same thing with the Xanax. Taking it once in a while when required is fine but using it every day will give you horrible withdrawals. I have the XR version that I literally take "once in a blue moon" for emergency situations only. It works great. Basic rule of thumb: don't take it more than once per week and if you have to don't take it more than 2 days in a row."

dustbunny123 June 25, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...