User Reviews for Xanax

Depression
8.6

Summary of Xanax reviews 8.9 710 reviews

Reviews for Xanax

For Panic Disorder "I have taken Xanax 0.5mg two times for panic attack at the ER on the 7th June. At first it had me sleeping but I didn't feel the side effects of it till down the line. I never took pills before how long does the side affects last ....cause I want to be back to myself I don't like this feeling...got me feeling like I'm going crazy and losing my mind man"

Shaneque June 14, 2019

For Anxiety "I've been on Xanax is for 26 years (and I am a certified Master pipe welder) I told my doctors that I've been for over 18 years that I have I am fine with it I've been diagnosed with severe anxiety. I do not want to take orbi I don't want to be taken off my Xanax but what can I do"

R. D. June 13, 2019

For Anxiety "Never had a problem, until I lost my insurance and had to change Doctor"

Miss Kitty (taken for 10 years or more) June 13, 2019

For Anxiety "I had been on paroxetine (Paxil) on and off for 15 years which worked great for treating generalized anxiety, depression, obsessive thinking, self-esteem, socialability. Without medication I feel like I'm going crazy with the nonstop chatter in my brain and constant worry and doubt.I have achieved so much while on paroxetine, but it eventually pooped out on me on the highest dose. For 2 months I have tried Lexapro now and I feel like it is just making things worse, but when I take a 0.25 Xanax I feel a lot better and the anxiety and constant worry, butterflies in stomach, dreadful feeling about life dissipates. The cloud over me lifts and I can actually feel positive emotions again. They say the benefits of Xanax only last a few hours which is why they can be so addictive, but I feel relief for about 24 hours on the smallest dose. It is making this transition in finding a new long-term solution for my anxiety and depression at least bearable on the days that I really need relief."

Nadethi June 12, 2019

For Anxiety "This can be a good medication for many people but please be very cautious. I took it for about 5 years at 4mg per day. That is a relatively high dose. When I was ready to stop (which I did over a 2 week period and I don't recommend that) it took several months to really get back to myself. The interesting thing was that once I got through that period my anxiety and panic attacks stopped. They were at their worst while I took the medication."

Bristol (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 10, 2019

For Anxiety "I have tried all possible drugs to relieve anxiety. I practice meditation and few walks per week. Xanax combined with trazodone, it is the only meds that make me normal. Without it, I am clumsy, fearful, afraid of life, paranoic sometimes and hypochondriac. I don't have tolerance problem, never asked to raise the dose in last 3 years. It saved my life."

ReaganFan (taken for 10 years or more) June 10, 2019

For Panic Disorder "I started taking Xanax 19 years ago after experiencing my first panic attack. The first 8 or 9 years I took 0.25 mgs up to 3 times per day for anxiety and the occasional panic attack. Then my dose was increased to 0.50 mgs up to 3x daily. This medication keeps me on an even keel and stops the occasional panic attack in its track within 30 minutes. My doctor periodically reviews my need VS addictive tendencies of this medication. I tell him it has been a lifesaver to me and don't plan on experiencing any withdrawal symptoms because at age 60, I plan on taking it for life. He has recently however reduced the frequency from 3 to 2 per day as needed."

Mr. Brat (taken for 10 years or more) June 10, 2019

For Anxiety "I’m scared I don’t want to be on any medication but I had one panic attack plus I'm deaf but my hearing aids work up to a point I just don’t know what to do"

Moe June 4, 2019

For Anxiety "Many have said that alprazolam is a life-saver. I endorse that statement fully. If you panic or become anxious you'll be unable to process thoughts properly which affects ALL your decisions, from making coffee in the morning to DRIVING your car to fulfilling your employment. Also, highly endorse taking the 0.5 mg before bed. Wake refreshed by the benefit of uninterrupted sleep. Thirdly, I read from someone up above my post, and I've experienced this awful phenomenon too, so => DON'T share what prescriptions you take with anyone that is not a health professional. You'll leave yourself open to criticism that is detrimental to you by non-doctors ! Xanax is an important, very helpful, prescription. I'm sorry that some have the "addiction gene" (my terminology, not official). They should definitely 'watch it' if they know themselves to have an addictive nature. I believe the 'script can still help them. Sometimes I go for a few days without needing it and notice no withdrawal. Prescribed patient of 30 years."

L1oness (taken for 10 years or more) May 18, 2019

For Anxiety "I was first very fearful of taking any kind of medication. However, I eventually gave in & I am very happy I did. Xanax is a very effective drug. However, you must be careful because this medication is a benzodiazepine & it can be super addicting. Therefore, I personally only take it when I absolutely need it, mostly to sleep. This medication relaxes me, which makes me happy & especially hungry. It really takes the anxiety right out of your stomach if that's where you hold it. I do notice since I've started on birth control it effects me differently, not bad just different."

sabxbro (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 30, 2019

For Anxiety "I have been on Xanax 8mgs a day for about 12 years. This pill saved my life."

Lindsay (taken for 10 years or more) April 27, 2019

For Anxiety "This medication did nothing for me and I don't know if that was a good thing (since I didn't have any problems getting off of it) or if it was a bad thing (since it didn't help my anxiety at all). I have yet to find another person to whom this didn't work either. Overall I don't think this is worth the risk and even if you do take it, it only helps for a short period of time. Xanax will make anxiety levels go down but then once the medication wears off, your anxiety will spike higher than before, and the cycle continues."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 18, 2019

For Panic Disorder "This med has saved my life"

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) April 16, 2019

For Panic Disorder "My life has been saved because of this med. Been on it for fifteen years. I take one pill before bed and I wake up ready to take on the world."

Tani (taken for 10 years or more) April 15, 2019

For Anxiety "I have been on xanax since I was 22. (I am 39 now) I take it probably once or twice a year (yes year!) At 22, I got diagnosed with anxiety disorder. I couldn't leave the house it was debilitating. I was put on Prozac and told to take Xanax as needed only. So I started on 0.5 when I really really needed it. In the beginning I will say I took one about every week. Then Prozac kicked in and I was fine. I still get those moments where I can feel the panic attack coming, so I will pop one and I'm good to go. One bottle of 30 pills could last me years! But because they expire after 2 years, the doctor sends me for a fresh bottle. If taken responsibly, this medication is great. No side effects for me and 0.5 mg is more than enough to take the edge off. I tried Valium and Ativan and it made me sick (nausea, vomiting, hallucinations) Xanax was the only one that was gentle for me. Keep in mind, everyone is different and will have different experiences."

Dana79 (taken for 10 years or more) April 15, 2019

For Anxiety "Really helps instantly, just remember benzodiazipenes are very addictive. DO NOT USE ALCOHOL WHILE USING THIS!"

IncognitoOmen (taken for less than 1 month) March 30, 2019

"I was on this for OCD. The withdrawal symptoms from Xanax can be bad. It is too short acting."

James (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 25, 2019

For Anxiety "I would rate this drug a 10/10 if it wasn't for the fast tolerance that you develop the more frequently you take it, and the very high risk of dependency, because it really works like magic and I felt no side effects. I tried my best to be careful while taking this, and although I definitely developed tolerance as I feel the lower dose (0.25 mg) does nothing for me, thankfully I didn't become dependent on it because I tried to minimize usage as much as possible. I would say Xanax can be like magic when you feel like you're going through debilitating anxiety and have frequent panic attacks, but it is a quick fix and should be used as a short-term treatment while finding a long-term treatment, because I can see how physical and psychological dependency can easily develop - if the issue isn't addressed and use is frequently continued. I'm currently taking an antidepressant which seriously made such a difference to my mental health, and now rarely need to take Xanax."

danaaq92 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 25, 2019

For Panic Disorder "I've taken Xanax for thirty years, and I had to only increase the dosage once! I would've lost my job if I didn't take it. In my opinion it's a miracle drug; thats why I've stayed with it all these years.!!!"

Bigboy (taken for 10 years or more) March 5, 2019

For Panic Disorder "Very effective for panic and insomnia. I take it as needed."

tomnick (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 20, 2019

For Panic Disorder "Do not be afraid to try this medicine!! The stigma of this drug caused me to avoid it for about 15 years. If I was prescribed it I flushed it down the toilet. I FINALLY took one when I was so desperate I didn’t have any other choice. I take 0.5 most days. People take all kinds of medication for all kinds of other diseases. Anxiety and depression are a disease just the same as anything else. It’s a shame that we are made to feel like we’re doing something wrong for using Xanax. It has helped me control my anxiety and depression for about 8 years now. Without it I honestly don’t know what would have happened to me by now. It stops the terrible cycle of impending doom. It has kept me from going in to major anxiety and depression so many times I can’t count. Mental problems are the hardest thing I’ve EVER dealt with in my life. I’m almost 45 and have been fighting this since be I was 18. Whoever you are I hope wholeheartedly that you find help and hold on."

Jen February 6, 2019

For Anxiety "Do not use these daily or you'll become addicted. They are great for the occasional anxiety as they work fast. But the half life is so very very short that you can easily start going into withdrawals after a few days. Be careful with this benzo!"

Pocariboy (taken for less than 1 month) February 5, 2019

For Panic Disorder "I was first diagnosed with panic disorder and agoraphobia 40 years ago after seeing many doctors I finally found one that understood the brain's chemistry. My mother had it and never left the house due to severe agoraphobia, and both of my children developed panic disorder. I have been on Xanax .5 four times a day for 37 years and was told because of my brain chemistry that I will need to take it forever. No one would ever guess I take Xanax as it does not slow me down only make me able to function daily and travel for work. For those of us with panic disorder it is a lifesaver."

Grammyto5 (taken for 10 years or more) February 4, 2019

For Anxiety "Best medication for anxiety. Kills anxiety instantly and makes you feel good. It’s sedative but it’s worth it."

TJ (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 3, 2019

For Anxiety "Jewels411. No, you're not crazy. I took Xanax 35 years. Yes it definitely helped. But warning, extremely addictive. It can ruin your life. I would recommend Valium. It will relieve your anxiety, yet doesn't have near the addictive traits. Good Luck."

KM (taken for 10 years or more) January 16, 2019