User Reviews for Xanax

Depression 64 reviews 79 medications

8.6
Summary of Xanax reviews 582 reviews 8.9

Reviews for Xanax

For Anxiety "My doctor prescribed 0.5 mg which I take half a tablet going to bed if that doesn't work I take the other half. Depends on how much sleep I need or how much anxiety I have. If I'm exhausted the medicine is great I fall asleep and next thing I know I'm awake in the morning but it usually leaves a hangover which I hate. I try to deal with my anxiety holisticly but sometimes that does not work. I think it all comes down to eating healthy and watching my sugar and carb and caffeine intake. Walking and doing stretches works for me but honestly Having someone who really loves you and does not abuse you in anyway is the best answer but I don't think there's many people out there like that anymore. Koliopin is a horrible dangerous drug. All pharmaceuticals as far as I'm concerned are bad for us and then least we take it the better off we are."

Faith77girl April 24, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "Lost what I typed 3 times in a row!. Xanax is awful. Completely blacked out, wasted all my fire wood cooking a terrible meal, ended up with food everywhere and half of it missing, and came to several hours later. The rest of these pills are in the bin. Worst drug experience of my life"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 23, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "Used to treat panic symptoms of anxiety. Quite effective for me with little side effects"

Mnak (taken for less than 1 month) April 8, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "I previously said I don't sleep well and it affects my ever vigilant dogs who get up too. After surgical menopause when I was 33 years old, (now 62) hormones and sleep changed. I finally was prescribed Xanax 1 to 2 mg at night for sleep.. Perfect. No side effects, no abuse. Dogs don't follow me at 2:00 am any more ,only when time to sleep. Thanks."

Dogs too (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 5, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "I was prescribed these for an onset of panic attacks that would spike my BP to 175 over 130. Taking these 0.5 mg pills did nothing but make me lose my short term memory. I still felt panicked and my BP would only drop slightly until I rode out the attack."

VDCTHDDOM April 4, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "Ever since my hot flashes started I couldn't sleep..when I say, I couldn't sleep, I mean I spent 8 years with maybe 2-3 hours of sleep per night...I just tossed and turned, watched tv. My PC prescribed every sleep medication under the moon, nothing helped. I mean NO SLEEP FOR YEARS...ambien, lunesta, seroquil. Zolpidem. Then he suggested a psychiatrist thinking some other issue was causing my insomnia. I would actually look at my bed and dread getting into it because I knew how long the night would be. Well, my " nut dr. " prescribed a few and none worked. lol finally she started me on Xanax. Let me tell you...I really don't care what addiction I might have, what risks there are...I can finally sleep and no after effects. A God Send"

Mare54 (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 27, 2017

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "Please try a different benzo before this drug. It's a life ruiner. The effects are so strong and leave the body quickly it makes you crave more. Tolerance builds like crazy with this drug too. I suggest klonopin. It works great and lasts a lot longer. Withdrawal is horrible from Xanax. You can die from it. Also comes with severe memory loss while taking it."

Nuitdelamort (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 21, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "Only med that has ever really worked for me. I've tried every holistic approach to treat my anxiety, taking a .25 takes the edge off like nothing else. I'm afraid to take meds but taking xanax doesn't make me nervous. I only take it when my anxiety and panic come back, sometimes I have it under control for long periods of time. I read a lot of negative things about becoming addicted and the withdrawal effects but most of us who really suffer hate taking meds. We rather get better with no drugs. It helps me calm down so I can think clearly and get through the day or night. Wanted to post something positive for those who are afraid to take it."

Bellaspud March 16, 2017

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "Doctor had me on Xanax three times a day to try and stop my anxiety depression from furthering. While Xanax is wonderful for anxiety, be careful, the withdrawal can be nasty if you don't get off it properly. Needless to say I get timid taking it now cause of that. However, it helps in times of crisis."

Greekboii March 6, 2017

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "I've been taking xanax for anxiety and its s life saver!! Works really well; always carry a bottle in my purse. The only cons are that it can make me sleepy at times and it has an unpleasant aftertaste."

Anonymous please (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 4, 2017

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "From 2002-2017 I have been on many different types of medications klonopin, Valium and xanax, not to mention all the psych drugs none that helped until my Dr. realized I had social anxiety and paralyzing panic attacks. By far the the best for not only my depression but my anxiety as well was xanax 2mg. I had to take at least the full bar to ease my anxiety however not only did it help with my fears and anxiety but it helped with my depression which stemmed from my constant panic attacks. It is easily abused however when it's needed it's a savior and can help me get what I need to accomplish done as a mother a wife and a personal trainer/ lifeguard and graduate of Homeland Security and Emergency management which without xanax I wouldn't have"

Bently Rose February 19, 2017

23 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "Took two 2mg.xanax this evening and a suboxone last night. No affects noted. Are there any precautions I should be aware of??? Thank you..."

wanagi49 February 19, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Panic Disorder "This medication is a miracle if you have extreme anxiety and panic attacks. I've been on it close to 10 years and have never changed my dose. If you don't overuse it and only take it when you can't take the anxiety anymore then you should be fine. Within about a half hour I'm feeling much better and my anxiety is at bay."

Brian8511 February 19, 2017

33 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "Hello all, I'm 34 years old and have fibromyalgia and Anxiety. I have taken all the anti-depressants out there and xanax is the only one that truly helped me. I have been on xanax for the last 8 years of my life. I am prescribed two 2 mgs a day. I take it as needed, and often I split a 2 mg in half. If I'm off work for a day, I will maybe take a quarter to half for the entire day. Recently my regular doctor weaned me off of it, I thought I would be okay, instead I started having panic attacks every day. They were so bad that even being around 1 or 2 friends, for a long period of time, I would almost lose my shit. I had seven or eight 1 mg xanax left when I saw a psychiatrist, I told him what was happening and he wrote me a script instantly."

Freddy D (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 17, 2017

27 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "I live with PTSD, social anxiety, panic, depression (manic). I've had a rough life in the early years, and married young to a psycho. Then lost my first child. My life hasn't stopped taking as of today- I tend to hide away, in a literal sense. Locking all doors behind me. Recently the FDA marked Xanax a black label- (saying it's a killing drug with pain meds taken together) thanks to rich people and their drinking with meds, and those high profile dealers out there mixing fentenyl into simple drugs, and doctors prescribing 2mg Xanax pills several per day.., people like me get to be sick and be removed from 3 -1m tabs per day that were to help us be part of society- while we search for another medication to help us get there again.. "

Angel in a lot of Pain ty FDA January 31, 2017

27 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "Thank you Xanax for the best sleep ever!"

AngeloXanax (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 30, 2017

28 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Panic Disorder "In a case of emergency, I would take Xanax during the day. But, I usually take it at night to go to bed and to stop the anxiety and panic attacks. It makes me feel so sleepy, I don't know how anyone can take it during the day. I felt high as a kite. It works, that's for sure."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 22, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Panic Disorder "Xanax has been a life saver for me. I have been diagnosed with panic disorder and depression since I was a teenager. I learned through lots of therapy that my issues are environmental and chemical. There are times when meditating and positive affirmations do not work during my attacks. This is when I take my Xanax so I can function like a normal human being. I do not abuse my Xanax and have been on the same dose (0.5mg) for the last 10 years. There was a time that I was having multiple panic attacks daily for months. Xanax helped me stay sane until my psychiatric found the right SSRI for me. I think that this drug is great as long as you have a good doctor and use the appropriate amount."

DogMom123 (taken for 10 years or more) January 16, 2017

27 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "I suffer from emetophobia-related panic attacks and anxiety, and this drug is just a godsend. I try to reserve it until I really need it as I know that, based on my personality, I could pretty easily become dependent. If it wasn't for the issues with dependency and withdrawal it would be a ten out of ten for me. I will note that after I stopped using it semi-regularly, I became better at dealing with anxiety "on my own" so to speak, and experienced less anxiety overall as I improved my coping skills. Still, I'm really grateful for this medication and encourage other miserably anxious people out there to discuss it with their doctors. It really improved my life when I thought nothing could."

Eliza_os January 10, 2017

45 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "I suffer from complicated grief and PTSD, I lost my only child to severe mental illness almost six years ago. My anxiety is through the roof right now. Psychiatrist prescribed Ativan but it does nothing really (.5 MG) compared to Alprazolam (generic for Xanax). Even splitting a .5 MG pill helps me to stop frantic behaviors. But this stuff is addictive, you have to be careful never to go over prescribed daily dose and I don't know how difficult it will be to stop this medication, if I ever decide to do that."

FidMom (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 8, 2017

23 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "I have suffered from anxiety & panic attacks since Kindergarten! I "self medicated",w/alcohol & weed, until they became an "issue",to say the least! I hit rock bottom almost losing my family, my job,tried AA, Shrinks, until I had a full blown attack.I thought I was having a heart attack ,sweating,rapid heart beat ,etc .I also dreaded any social affairs,or changes in my life .I thought I was just missing a link,not "normal",whatever that is! I went to my Dr & he prescribed .25mg, the lowest .But I was able to 'function" ,go to weddings ,NOT drink ,since 1999. I'm now on the 2mg addicted? I am able to live w/o alcohol & function, but do feel it ,if I don't take it.Trade off? Maybe,but it's better than being a "captive" of my fears. Just be you!:)"

EDMO' (taken for 10 years or more) January 5, 2017

34 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "I haven't seen a xanax in the US from a US pharmacy with the name brand xanax scored on the pill in over 20 years. these had no taste. Real xanax have a very distinct taste. and it never melted in my mouth. xanax always melt in my mouth within a few minutes. I've seen videos on youtube of people pressing them. My advice is. Get a prescription from a doctor and get them from the pharmacy because that wasn't the first time I saw these.. The streets are flooded with these bars."

Unib0mb (taken for less than 1 month) January 4, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "I've been on quite a few different kinds of medications for anxiety and depression, but I've never had a reaction quite like I did with this one. Within hours of taking it for the first time, I began to feel nauseous, drowsy, uncoordinated, shaky; my vision was blurry and I couldn't drive a car. These symptoms persisted until I stopped the medication. I tried it once or twice after stopping the first time, and the horrible symptoms came right back. I couldn't even do my work. If you have any sensitivities to this medication I would not recommend it. I'm no doctor, but even I know when a pill isn't worth the risk."

HughMS December 28, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "I have bipolar 1, GAD & PTSD. I can't rage antidepressants (even on mood stabilizers) because of the bipolar disorder and buspirone proved useless for me. Xanax has really helped me keep my anxiety under control. I don't get the sedating effects that most people seem to. I've been on the same dose for over five years. When my mother passed away, I was also on ativan PRN for a short period of time and sometimes I wish I still had that, too. Not for everyday use, just for extremely triggering events."

espresso_dreams (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 27, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Panic Disorder "I have been on a fairly high dose of this medication for over 6 years now. I can not tell you enough that it is an extremly horrible idea for long term use 2 times daily or more or even less any long term use of this drug to me is almost a death sentence for that person it is probably the most difficult thing to stay off of if used for more then a month or 2 straight. Im trying to get off them now myself but I am so very deep in a hole its almost hard to see the end. Once you stop say goodbye to sleep for a while and feeling like complete psychosis for the next few weeks or months till your brain comes back from the hole you dug for it. If I could go back and never take a benzo I would in a heart beat ssris and ssnris never worked for me."

Mrwrong (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 26, 2016