User Reviews for Xanax

Depression 60 reviews 79 medications

8.6
Summary of Xanax reviews 524 reviews 8.9

Reviews for Xanax

For Panic Disorder "Started at 24. Took it until 44. It's the only medication that ever worked for me. I was a guinea pig for 6 months. 2 days after taking it, it was a miracle medicine. I actually called my Dr thanking him. I had finally gotten the elephant off my chest. Never abused it, sometimes dealing with anxiety so as not to get addicted. Are there any Drs left that will prescribe real, working medication for people who really need but do not abuse it. I do not need a psychiatrist, I just need (as one put it) one in hand just in case. Doctors today think it's taboo to even mention this medication. I'm not 15 nor do I abuse it. I take a 1 mg at night and sleep like a rock. Hey Drs, this medicine works!!!"

Cummins Turbo August 23, 2016

For Depression "I was prescibed Xanax and it works well for things like panic attacks. I do not like that it makes me loopy by taking my prescibed mg, and if I cut it in half I feel that it doesn't work at all. Xanax works very well for short term anxiety and if highly addictive so it is best to take it when you absolutely NEED it. A Prn that is supposed to work like Xanax but isn't addictive starts with a V so ask your doctor about that. :)"

Kelsey916 August 16, 2016

For Panic Disorder "I used to honestly be completely against pharmaceuticals in every sense, until I developed panic disorder. I have intrusive thoughts, and experience hypochondria and dissociation literally for hours on end or off and on throughout the entire day. It's nearly impossible to even live a normal life feeling this way. After talking a .5 mg xanax, within 10 minutes, all of those negative feelings start to dissipate. It has truly been a miracle drug for me and has changed my life for the better."

Kah665 August 15, 2016

For Panic Disorder "I was 53 years old living a normal happy life when my son (then 18) was diagnosed with major depression. A few weeks later he had a psychotic episode and he left my life out of the blue severing all contact with me ever since. This had a serious effect on my mental health and within 3 months I started having anxiety or panic attacks. I did not know what they were. It was all novel to me. After a few difficult months I went to a psychiatrist and he put me on alprazolam (Xanax) in a reduced dosage of 0.25 mg as necessary. It did provide serious relief. I take it no more than once a day at most. It was a life saver. Yet it deals with the symptoms of anxiety it doesn't resolve your underlying issues. Yet it was a fantastic help. Recommended."

Peter129 (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 15, 2016

For Anxiety "Xanax saved me. Apprehensive about taking meds but broke down after it got so bad I didn't even want to take the covers off my head with my eyes clenched shut just fearing every day because I knew anxiety, fear of everything under the sun and panic attacks would rule my day. I was told I needed to be on long term anxiety drugs so I tried lexapro and ended up in the er with side effects so horrific I don't even want to think of it now. Xanax is basically a quick fix to calm the anxiety but it's the only thing I'm willing to take and over time I broke out of the nightmare I was living. I still have bouts of anxiety but as long as I have Xanax on hand I know I'll be ok. I never had any bad side effects except for being tired. Trade is worth it"

Andiee (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 15, 2016

For Anxiety "Was prescribed xanax (alprazolam) for GAD. First few months were a godsend. After I became dependent on them, the doctor- apparently not understanding the slightest thing about dependence- upped the dosage several times. I noticed that my anxiety seemed to be getting worse and I was afraid to leave the house- a problem I had never had before. Took me a while to realize the elephant in the room- it was the "anti-anxiety" drugs! After withdrawing from the drugs- which fortunately was easy compared to the nightmare I have seen some people describe, I noticed I felt less anxious and in general, more "alive". If you feel like your anxiety isn't improving after long term benzo use- the root of your problem may be the drugs themselves!"

James Holden (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 8, 2016

For Anxiety "I was given xanax in the hospital when people at work thought I was having a heart attack. My anxiety shot up so bad, my heart rate was 170. Been on 2 mg a day ever since (this happen 2 months ago). I only take 1 1/2 mg a day & it works for me. I feel like I have control of my life again. I have heard stories & seen people on it who over take it but if you take it as prescribed, it works."

Karen N (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 3, 2016

For Panic Disorder "I have chronic panic disorder/ agoraphobia ,if not for this drug I would be dead,now with all the conflict goin on about it ,I won't survive,im a 60 year old man who has been on 3 to 4mgs a day,how inhuman these new doctors are."

Bill515 (taken for 10 years or more) August 3, 2016

For Panic Disorder "Just wanted to give my experience with Xanax so far. I started having genuine anxiety attacks and all-day anxiety episodes about two months ago. But there were definitely signs of a building anxiety disorder before that. As opposed to normal anxiety, which we should all try to cope with as best as possible without unnecessary drugs. But these attacks had become all-day, distracting, genuinely life-disrupting experiences, tense muscles, constant intrusive thoughts, inability to concentrate on other things, etc. At that point, there's something wrong, and it needs to be diagnosed. Xanax works like a tourniquet for your mind - and sometimes you just need that. It won't cure the underlying issues, but it'll give your mind space to recuperate."

Darren Ronard June 30, 2016

For Anxiety "I have taken Xanax for about 25 years but only as needed. There are many years I never took any & there are years I took it for a few weeks to help with my Anxiety, stress of having a child with a deadly disease & the depression that ensues. I usually take the .5mg & cut it in half and only use it 1-2 times a day, occasionally 3 halves a day. It soothes me & helps my constantly chattering, negative mind take a break. I have tried SSRIs & have symptoms of being allergic to them, so can't take them, ie muscle twitching, rash & itching. So, Xanax is my only recourse. I know it an be addictive so am very careful to take it only as needed, short courses, & usually about half the amount the Dr. prescribes. It has helped me greatly."

Keep Fighting June 29, 2016

For Anxiety "I started taking Xanax .25 mg for generalized anxiety over the past few days and it has helped me feel relaxed, less worried and happy also hasn't affected me with any crazy side effects. (Which I was afraid of happening) I was so scared to take them but my anxiety was getting out of control so I figured I would give it a try and see how my body handles it. I'm going to continue taking one a day since it seems to be helping a lot. I don't worry and I feel calm, the pill does wear off after a few hrs and takes about 20-30 mins to kick in but my dr says it's safe to take another one as needed. I'm also doing counseling too and it is very helpful as well. Definitely recommend this for anxiety!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 26, 2016

For Anxiety "For several years I have been prescribed 1mg to take up to 3 times per day - sometimes I take less, some days even none! But I find that Xanax does for me what adderall does for children suffering add. For some reason the drug helps me have precision focus, a clear mind, better communication, rapid fire thought processing, and motivation - just for starters. I don't expect to take it for the rest of my life, but I go thro prolonged periods of anxiety and antisocial behavior (will urinate in bottles in my room when at my worst). Glad to know there are a few people who Experience the same effects using Xanax as Maintenance. It's been a life saver for me! Curious to understand why it has this off label effect on us select few."

Greggery June 22, 2016

Greggery (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 22, 2016

For Depression "im 17, i love xanax.. but i know its bad for me. i stopped taking it for a while, but now i want to buy 4 and take them slowly. i used to be bad on the, i would take about 8-10 bars. idk how much mg that is, im prtty sure it was like 1mg or 2 mg each. i loved the feeling, and i want that feeling. but i know it would make me forget things, really bad, i wouldnt remember anything that happened that day, i would black out, getting myself into trouble. fighting, stealing, like i was invinsible.. i miss the drug. i took them illegally. but i just loved being barred out.. but i cant do it, its best for me to stay away because i was extremely addictedd..."

nonibug June 21, 2016

"Never get started on this drug , I warn you ! Yes I give it a 10 but its something you should take every once in awhile never longer than 2-3 months at a time, I'm 100% dependent on these pills, have been for a decade and it started at a routine check up! The worst addiction I've ever seen. And I'm a recovering herion addict. That wasn't easy but a cake walk to ever getting off xanax. I'm on 1 mg 3x a day today, just like I was 10 years ago. If my Dr even mentions trying to stop giving me this medicine I freak out when I don't have xanax to feel "normal" iihave seizures, chronic pain, its horrible! However i have to have these pills, and pharmaceutical companies knew what they were doing . ever watch MTV. I swear every TV show mentions Xan"

Kylijah (taken for 10 years or more) June 18, 2016

For Anxiety "I have been suffering from panic attack since 2013 and was kept on Xanax .5mg TDS really its the drug which can enhance the Quality of life. Even though we have the xanax regularly but some times panics and anxiety comes, i though to cure anxiety off when met to psychiatrist he prescribed Zoloft 50mg once a day along woth clonazipam .25mg at bed time, having satarted that panics came with great intensity i left both Zoloft and Revotril and rejoin Xanax the problem solver... Thx Almighty who has put lots of benefits in Xanax..."

Khan Baba June 13, 2016

For Anxiety "Very helpful in reducing anxiety for me. It is fast-acting, and it made a difference in me being able to keep up with my job. Now, I'm on Klonopin though since the doctor said that it stays in the system longer for anxiety. However, the fast relief of Xanax works very well when an immediate spike in anxiety happens. The effects usually only last a few hours for me, and I can understand how it can be addictive for this reason, but it's been great for immediate panic symptoms and helpful with focusing. I did not notice that "drugged up," foggy feeling on a small dose of .5 mg-1 mg as needed."

xRavenx June 4, 2016

For Anxiety "Xanax has really helped me with my anxiety and it's not habit forming to me. It helps me a lot!"

Quel32 May 29, 2016

For Anxiety "I am on a 1mg dose of xanax on and off for about a year for imsonia, night panics and generalized anxienty. And I can say this is the best pill. Worked great for me. It helps me feel calm allday and relaxed during the night so I can get the sleep I need. Gives me energy during the day when I drink green tea early morning."

lovelilac (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 27, 2016

For Anxiety "Man, there's nothing to say about xanax that hasn't been said. It does its job like nothing else. Works perfectly, but because of that, it's super addictive to people prone to anxiety and stress. Because it's the magic pill that makes it go away! That said, my experience with it has been mostly good, as I have never gone above 2mg and i try to keep myself at 1mg daily. This is a literal life saver for someone with severe anxiety."

O B (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 26, 2016

For Depression "I take 2mg it makes me calm but also depressed and sad with no energy. Mary"

maryq794 (taken for less than 1 month) May 23, 2016

For Anxiety "My doctor started me on Xanax 0.5 mg almost 2 weeks ago. I've had severe Generalized Anxiety Disorder since 2009. Along with everyday terrible body pains from the stress and anxiety And I was only taking Zoloft. Since then. But the Zoloft stop working like it use to. I find the Xanax to help me some. And it suppresses my body pain as well. And I don't feel doped up. I still feel the strangeness, and unreal feelings from my anxiety. The situation doesn't matter. The anxiety grabs me when ever it wants too. But the Xanax take a little edge off. From 1-10. I'd say 6-7. For me that's good. Because my panic- anxiety is super scary."

My Franklin (taken for less than 1 month) May 22, 2016

For Depression "Helps but I have to take it every 4 hours only .125mg to see any effect"

Fif May 15, 2016

For Panic Disorder "I started having panic attacks about 13 years ago. The Dr. gave me a few different drugs to try - all either had horrible side effects including nightmares - or did nothing. Then we tried Xanax - it was a miracle for me! one .5mg Xanax and I can function again. When I was promoted at work to a position where I would have to speak in front of a crowd I was terrified, but taking one of these has changed my life!!"

Sweaty lady (taken for 10 years or more) May 10, 2016

For Depression "I suffer from social anxiety rarely leave the house. The anxiety leaves me isolated which cause extreme depression. With xanax 1mg to 2mg takes all anxiety away and calms my depression 10 out of 10. Taking xanax for over 20 years now."

Hewy (taken for 10 years or more) May 9, 2016