User Reviews for Xanax

Depression
8.6

Summary of Xanax reviews 8.9 691 reviews

Reviews for Xanax

For Panic Disorder "Do not be afraid to try this medicine!! The stigma of this drug caused me to avoid it for about 15 years. If I was prescribed it I flushed it down the toilet. I FINALLY took one when I was so desperate I didn’t have any other choice. I take 0.5 most days. People take all kinds of medication for all kinds of other diseases. Anxiety and depression are a disease just the same as anything else. It’s a shame that we are made to feel like we’re doing something wrong for using Xanax. It has helped me control my anxiety and depression for about 8 years now. Without it I honestly don’t know what would have happened to me by now. It stops the terrible cycle of impending doom. It has kept me from going in to major anxiety and depression so many times I can’t count. Mental problems are the hardest thing I’ve EVER dealt with in my life. I’m almost 45 and have been fighting this since be I was 18. Whoever you are I hope wholeheartedly that you find help and hold on."

Jen February 6, 2019

For Anxiety "Do not use these daily or you'll become addicted. They are great for the occasional anxiety as they work fast. But the half life is so very very short that you can easily start going into withdrawals after a few days. Be careful with this benzo!"

Pocariboy (taken for less than 1 month) February 5, 2019

For Panic Disorder "I was first diagnosed with panic disorder and agoraphobia 40 years ago after seeing many doctors I finally found one that understood the brain's chemistry. My mother had it and never left the house due to severe agoraphobia, and both of my children developed panic disorder. I have been on Xanax .5 four times a day for 37 years and was told because of my brain chemistry that I will need to take it forever. No one would ever guess I take Xanax as it does not slow me down only make me able to function daily and travel for work. For those of us with panic disorder it is a lifesaver."

Grammyto5 (taken for 10 years or more) February 4, 2019

For Anxiety "Best medication for anxiety. Kills anxiety instantly and makes you feel good. It’s sedative but it’s worth it."

TJ (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 3, 2019

For Anxiety "Jewels411. No, you're not crazy. I took Xanax 35 years. Yes it definitely helped. But warning, extremely addictive. It can ruin your life. I would recommend Valium. It will relieve your anxiety, yet doesn't have near the addictive traits. Good Luck."

KM (taken for 10 years or more) January 16, 2019

For Panic Disorder "I've been taking xanax 4mg daily for severe panic disorder and agoraphobia since 2014. This drug is a miracle, it gave me my life back. I'm able to work and enjoy my life again instead of being bed ridden. I experienced no side effects either. If not for xanax I would've been in an institution by now xanax saved my life."

Blondie (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 13, 2019

For Anxiety "Hey there I'm new to taking xanax and to this site. I'm 31 years old got married in June to a man who doesn't believe in anxiety so it makes me feel worse. I have been so scared to take it due to the fact I have taken stuff as a teen that made me feel really out of it and depressed. I have been to every dr and emergency room late at night, sick to my stomach, my chest feeling heavy and my head heavy and fuzzy, can't focus, dizzy, hot, tingling feeling numbness my face, my lips, my arms and everyone says it's anxiety or a panic attack. I feel so alone in this and I'm scared that there is something really wrong with me and the dr's are just not finding it. I feel hopeless I hope the xanax will help do something. I can't function in society and I'm tired of faking that I'm ok when I'm dying inside does anyone else feel like this or am I just crazy."

Jewels411 January 13, 2019

For Anxiety "I've had severe anxiety all of my life manifesting in different forms. I take Pristiq which works well for my generalized anxiety. I have horrible situational anxiety that make me sweat feverishly and it's so embarrassing. Xanax is a miracle for this. If I have an event going on that I know is going to take my anxiety over the edge I can take Xanax and it makes me totally comfortable and not sweat uncontrollably like I'm in a sauna. I don't take everyday. 1mg maybe 4x a week if needed. Its a shame how people can abuse this drug ( I don't get how) and promote it in rap music which gives it a terrible reputation. This ruins it for people who need it."

June22 January 1, 2019

For Anxiety "In my teens, I developed a fear of what I thought was nausea/vomiting. The feeling would overwhelm me to the point where my body shook sometimes. I was especially concerned this feeling would occur when I was somewhere I couldn’t escape/where people would see me. I didn’t eat much for two years. No one seemed to understand. Over time, the feeling seemed to subside, until it came back with vengeance at a job interview during college. My gyno was the first to prescribe me Xanax after I was diagnosed with pelvic muscle spasms. I didn’t take it until that feeling crept up on me one night. Xanax made it subside almost immediately. It was then I realized I had been suffering with anxiety/panic all this time. I now take Xanax on occasion when my panic comes back, but even just knowing what this feeling is now has helped so much. If you have a similar “feeling” of fear that makes you feel frozen/helpless, don’t suffer alone. There are ways to overcome it."

Dkvidn December 19, 2018

For Anxiety "I was placed on 2 mg xanax 3 times daily in 2002 for anxiety panic disorder and my nightmare begun, sure this medication may seem to help you in the moment, but in reality it zaps your life away becoming so depended on it, all the warning signs about the wicked medication should alarm anyone, IT'S ALL true, after years of being co-depended on this medication, today I am free from it with little to NO help from doctors, if I could offer anyone help getting off I would, this medications effects of long term use out weights any benefits one may get from it. Trying to stop taking it is terrible, but with constant positive reinforcement it can be done, I did it, so can others."

Glad to be done (taken for 10 years or more) December 11, 2018

For Anxiety "I have a crippling phobia of needles, as well as anxiety disorder. I’ve refused crucial medical treatment such as IVs and vaccines for deadly diseases, and it put my life at risk. So my doctor prescribed Xanax. At first dose (1mg) it didn’t make my mind any calmer, it just sedated my body so I couldn’t run away, but my mind was just as desperate and terrified as usual. My dose for such visits is now 3mg and I am doing so much better!!!! 3mg is not healthy for most, but since I have a severe case it is necessary. Granted, I need assistance walking during the time I’m on it, and it makes me ‘blackout’ (I don’t remember a thing from hours it’s in effect) but it’s worth it to be able to receive medical treatment. Please note that Xanax won’t make your phobias any less scary in the moment, but it will help you get you through life. All in all I think Xanax saved my life."

College student (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 27, 2018

For Anxiety "Alprazolam is to me what glucose is to a diabetic. I’m an educated contributing member of society but am genuinely a disabled person without this drug. My anxiety without this drug is so extreme that I spend every waking moment trying to relieve a fear state, cannot experience peace of any kind, laugh, smile, or function in any state outside of terror. CBT, meditation, positive thinking, hot showers, faith, etc. just do not work for the level of anxiety I have. I have tried many other drugs and classes of drugs because I’m aware of what Xanax is, but this drug is the treatment for anxiety like mine. I would never abuse this drug, would never drink alcohol with it, and am highly aware of how it affects me. Xanax keeps me off disability and well, period."

Responsible male Xanax patient (taken for 10 years or more) November 26, 2018

For Anxiety "I have been using this medication for over 30 years. I don't see how anyone can abuse this drug. It works wonders for me when I need it. Especially when I stress out. It will calm you down quick. I take .25 as needed. Usually 2x a month. Sometimes 3. At night or right after work."

Superman November 17, 2018

For Panic Disorder "These new blue b707 bars 2mg scored 4 times are awesome. I didn't see any reviews on them and CVS switched my normal greenstone with these and I went ahead and tried it instead of waiting took a chance and these are actually stronger. I could not believe it. They're not those crappy green ones. New company. July 2018 came out.. Fresh and strong"

Drspook November 10, 2018

For Panic Disorder "For PTSD. I did not want to be on this because I know how it is abused. The doctor insisted and it was a nightmare for 6 months. Taking one at the verge of anxiety would help but it would wear off quickly. I got to the point I was popping it like candy to prevent a panic attack. Doing so made me very irritatable and dangerous. It was hard to taper off but glad I did. Works for some just not good at all for me."

Bozo-Skip (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 1, 2018

For Anxiety "I've taken .25mg Xanax for sleep for 29 years, with Wellbutrin and Trazodone for Major Depressive Disorder with Anxiety. Never increased the dose, never needed to. Now with the opioid crisis my doctor has refused to prescribe it any more. Never considered that I needed it. Afraid of the government, I guess."

snaarl October 27, 2018

For Anxiety "Dealing with anxiety, panic disorder and now agoraphobia. Xanax helps my symptoms well. Manage, well that's the Catch-22. I was put on 1 mg 3x daily. I stopped for 9 mo. Started again recently but at much lower dose. I don't think I ever took 3 daily previously. I'm taking 1/2 or 0.5mg twice daily. But when needed I'll take a whole 1mg. Problem is I notice this med produces an "urgent" type of anxiety on it's own if I don't take it 3x daily. Makes it hard to manage. Before present doc, I had been told by 2 different doctors they'd give me antihistamines. For Panic, anxiety? Seriously offended. [Its like pain medication - the physician knows as soon as you ingest 1 pill : YOUR DEPENDENT. But they all blame the patient] Wish I could find Long Acting - slow release Xanax. Be wise, don't ever take more, ever ! Less is best if you can & your doctor agrees."

celavaba58 (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 22, 2018

For Anxiety "I've been on this medication on and off for 30 years. Had terrible anxiety and agoraphobia. I take now 0.5mg up to twice a day. It helped in the beginning, but now, even while taking it, I'm having withdrawal symptoms. It's horrible. I can't go to work, I can't go to a store, I can't sleep. Please don't take this awful drug."

Mattie (taken for 10 years or more) October 17, 2018

For Anxiety "From my experience with Xanax it ruins lives, period. Xanax was made for 14 day use for acute crisis but is grossly misprescribed. Xanax is more addictive than heroin and turns normal people into weird and angry shells of who they previously were. The drug causes the brain to stop producing chemicals it needs and the half life is so short that you go into withdrawal every time the drug “runs out” every 4 hours. You believes the feeling is “anxiety” and take another pill to treat it! However the feeling is just withdrawal. You will need more and more of the drug just to get the original effects and you will not really be aware of how you’re acting. The longer you take the drug the worse it gets- and eventually the doctor who got you hooked on it will stop prescribing it. A safe way to get off of Xanax is the Ashton method (Benzodiazepines How They Work & How to Withdraw)- switching slowly from Xanax to Valium. Valium like a longer acting form of Xanax which then is easier to cut down on. I urge you never to start the drug."

NoToX (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 9, 2018

For Anxiety "Been on Xanax for almost 10 years. It has saved my life and I mean that. I couldn’t function from the severe anxiety that I would get everyday. I recently moved and my new psychiatrist won’t prescribe it to me. I am just thankful I still have 3 more scripts I can fill. He’s trying to get me off it by putting me on Buspar. What a mess this drug is. I can’t sleep and am nauseous all day long. Still take a low dose of my Xanax while on it but it scares me having to give up the only thing that has helped me over all theses years. People who abuse it have given it a horrible reputation and it’s not available for the responsible people that really need it."

BW (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 9, 2018

For Anxiety "I don’t remember a time when I wasn’t severely depressed & anxious & without obsessive thoughts. I had severe emotional abuse/twisted mental abuse from my first memory at 3 until I was an adult. I’m 43. There are times I’ll go for days & not need Xanax or take it. But when the panicking & anxiety start I can take 5-6 mg (no, not .5 - actually 5) and finally function. I only use it as needed although I’ve been told I should take it daily. Drug seekers have hurt people like me SO bad. This is the only medication that works when I panic or feel anxiety to the point of wanting to die. I have & never will abuse it, but if I didn’t have it I would for sure be dead. I’ve NEVER had a withdrawal feeling or problem at all. But at that level of panic and obsession I am crippled. My daily meds (esp the anafranil) work very well now to prevent this , but when I get triggered, it’s a wrap. So there ARE some people who aren’t abusers, & who couldn’t function without it."

D October 5, 2018

For Anxiety "This medication make me really happy with stress relief, anxiety relief and lot of energy, love it no side effects. First few days might cause drowsiness but then it goes away."

tayshalee October 2, 2018

For Anxiety "I had severe postpartum anxiety to the point of no sleep for 3 months, which made me lose touch with all reality. I couldn’t take benzos as I was determined to breastfeed. Once I got through another bout of insomnia when I stopped breastfeeding I was suicidal from lack of sleep and panic/anxiety. I was put on xanax, .125 to .25 per day before bed. 4 years later I still have anxiety around sleep, so I take half the lowest dose 45 mins before bed. I struggle with sleep at times but I have not increased my dose over the 4 years and don’t freak out or withdraw if I miss a dose. My doctor hired a new nurse who seems bent on getting me off it, makes me plead my case to get refills. I don’t understand this thinking-a low dose of Xanax forever is better than a strung out suicidal insomniac. I have tried all SSRIs, hypnosis, counselling, meditation, CBTI for insomnia and hormone therapy. Nothing works as well as half a xanax 45 mins before bed. It’s just reality for me."

Q (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 2, 2018

For Anxiety "Xanax has helped my anxiety and panic disorder for decades. Over the years, some doctors have tried to replace it with antidepressants which didn’t end well for me. One antidepressant even made me feel suicidal since depression is the opposite of anxiety. My Xanax dosage has been tapered in half over the past year and this past July I had a seizure. I am 56 years old with tachycardia and have never abused my medications. I sure wish they hadn’t started changing them again with my aging. I suffer anxiety and PTSD which I kept under control, living with a quality of life, enjoying my grandchildren, grocery shopping for myself living alone with my arthritis disability smiling through the pain. Not so much now, as my heart rate stays over 100 at rest so my GP referred me to a cardiologist. I’m aware of my leaky valve from birth lol. Good luck all. This has been a good medication for me."

Sybil1234 September 29, 2018

For Anxiety "I have been on this medication for more than ten years and I have mixed feelings. It is VERY effective for anxiety (I have dissociative disorder), but there are many times I wish I didn't rely on it. I only take 0.5 x 4 per day, but if I stop taking it I will have a tonic-clonic seizure. I am at the mercy of my dr (who is wonderful). If a dr. decides not to prescribe it, I get very ill. It's been wonderful for me, but consider the severe, yet common, side effects for long term use."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) September 27, 2018