User Reviews for Ativan

Insomnia
7.4

Summary of Ativan reviews 8.1 360 reviews

Reviews for Ativan

For Anxiety "1st time sharing a story or review but I just think this is so important to talk about and let others know. My mother is only 60 years old and has been suffering from depression and anxiety and also panic attacks for about 15 years. 3 months ago my dad pass away so my mom had a breakdown and ever since has been crying complaining about pain on her chest....palpitations...suicidal thoughts. The antidepressant she is taking doesn't seem to help her at all. So we took her to the hospital because we don't know how to help her. No medication helps for her, only ativan is the medication that makes all the above go away ..but doctor doesn't want to prescribe it to her."

worried daughter October 27, 2018

"I was given ativan for anxiety due to TMJ (temporomandibular disorder) chronic pain. It ended up taking away the pain itself. However, being in the mental health field, I'm well aware of the addictive qualities of this drug.. I was appalled at how quickly I was put on 1mg/day for 3 weeks and given a renewed prescription without question every time I went in. Users must beware of the high addictiveness and that it can take years to taper off this medication and years for the brain to return to a normal state. Severe withdrawal can cause psychosis, depression, seizures and death, and rebound symptoms are very common even at low doses (rebound symptoms is when you go off or taper down the medication, you experience a worsening of the condition it was intended to treat in the first place). If you've been prescribed this by your GP, please do your research and talk to a specialist about it and follow their advice. Benzodiazepines have ruined many lives and are still continuously over-prescribed."

LadyBlue October 11, 2018

For Anxiety "I am the 1% of people who take Ativan and suffer from extreme anxiety and paranoia. If you experience these symptoms you are NOT alone, but you should stop taking the medication (with help of a doctor) . Once I stopped taking it I felt so much better and was not paranoid or filled with anxiety."

K (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 9, 2018

For Anxiety "Ativan works for me. Diazepam does not."

Lindsay (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 9, 2018

For Anxiety "I was prescribed this to take prior to a MRI. I had been taking Klonopin for my anxiety which is more slow acting so thought I would try this. It immediately calmed me down before the MRI and I felt good after. I spoke with my PCP about trying this instead of Klonopin and she was ok with that at 1 mg twice a day as needed. The first week was fine and then during week two I was having a lot of panic attacks, chest tightness and insomnia. I suffer from MS so never sure what is MS related or anxiety caused problems. I have decided to go back to the Klonopin. It doesn't kick in as fast but lasts much longer and I feel much better on it."

Newk (taken for less than 1 month) September 16, 2018

For Anxiety "Great medication for anxiety! Helps me survive."

Nina August 29, 2018

For Anxiety "Terrible and dangerous. Muscle jerking, auditory hallucinations, jumpy all day. Even WORSE anxiety. If it is not life or death. Do not take!!!!"

Jasq (taken for less than 1 month) August 22, 2018

For Anxiety "I HIGHLY recommend this drug. It’s a miracle worker! I started having anxiety after my boyfriend and I broke up, I would cry at night and have panic attacks. I only take this drug when I need severe relief and I’m so thankful it’s available. Try it just once if you are having bad anxiety, if it’s not for you then switch. I was nervous trying this because I didn’t want to feel high when going on a benzo drug. You definitely don’t feel high you just feel tired and oddly “okay”!"

Brunette beauty! (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 11, 2018

For Anxiety "I have extreme anxiety, Ativan is fast working. Usually can feel it within 15 minutes, I do find that it's more of a crutch, a way to forget your problems instead of dealing with them. Don't drink alcohol with them. If I'm having an anxiety attack or a panic attack and it's been a week since I took one, they make me start to cry. I feel better afterwords, do these make anybody else cry?"

Boot (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 9, 2018

For Anxiety "I used to take Ativan for appointments & other anxiety-provoking situations. It would relieve anxiety for the dental appointments & ENT appointments but that was it. It never reduced my anxiety for blood tests or other appointments, despite the fact that I did not have any other drug given to me for the Dental or ENT appointments. It also worked for certain anxiety-provoking situations (such as public speaking) but only 50% of the time. However, I am epileptic & on anti-seizure medication. Despite the fact that I am on anti-seizure medication, I will always have a Simple-Partial Seizure 4 days after I last took it, even if it was only 0.5 mg (the highest dose I would have would be 2 mg). Because of this, I do not recommend this drug to anyone; I had taken it over a span of ten years (as needed & not even every month - I would go months without taking it) but after realizing that it was the cause of me having Simple-Partial Seizures 4 days after taking it, I won't ever take it again."

Sailor_Jupiter August 7, 2018

For Panic Disorder "I was prescribed Ativan sublingual 0.5mg as needed for panic attacks. It did not do anything for me, usually my panic attacks come at night while I'm sleeping. So I tried it and honestly It didn't do anything and on top of that I couldn't sleep after taking it."

SAm July 30, 2018

For Anxiety "Started taking Ativan when I was 18 years old due to a nervous breakdown. Doc prescribed it to me after experiencing a full-blown panic attack that didn't seem to subside. I felt immediate relief after months of experiencing depression and anxiety attacks. Over the years, I became dependent on it (I take 3-5 times a week) I never take it for more than two days in a row because of a bad reaction that I had like 13 years ago. Doc says I'm SUPER sensitive to meds. Because I take it so sparingly, I have not developed tolerance , but I am dependent on this medication for my agoraphobia and panic attacks. This drug allowed me to go outside and socialize, make new friends, and hold down a job. This job allowed me to live! I don't want to become dependent on it, so I started tapering. I take .25 once or twice a week. My goal to go off this drug completely and use it only for emergencies."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) July 13, 2018

For Anxiety "Was prescribed Ativan after some stressful/anxious times at work. Very effective. I take it as needed, usually 1mg every three days at night. Sleep like a baby and wake up the next morning energised and ready to start the day. Only worry is the possible addictive qualities. I also take small dose Cymbalta 30mg, each morning. Have been contemplating weaning off this and introducing Ativan every evening."

PT (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 13, 2018

For Panic Disorder "I have lived with Panic disorder since I was 16 and have had experience with various benzodiazepines. This has got to be the worst drug I have ever taken for a panic attack, it made me feels even more disconnected and stupid. I ended up in the back of an ambulance after taking this drug for a panic attack. I also struggled to sleep after taking this medication and was having suicidal thoughts. So far I would have to say when it comes to elimination of a panic attack, it goes: Xanax > Clonazepam > CBD > Valium > Bromazepam > Ativan."

DsBru (taken for less than 1 month) July 12, 2018

For Anxiety "I’ve been taking .05 Ativan for 15 years . It’s a miracle drug for me . It keeps my mind more stable and calm . Keeps my anxiety under control as well . I sleep like a baby with this drug. I wake up refreshed every morning . I usually take one 0.5 after dinner every night . There are days I do fine without it, but I love knowing it’s in hands reach at all times . I highly recommend Ativan . Keep it a small dose and you will be fine ."

Hotmom70 July 10, 2018

For Anxiety "I used this after my anxiety got so bad that I constant horrible, racing thoughts. Many involving suicide and death. The first time I took it I felt like I grew wings, so relaxing. I started taking it every day because the calming effect was so comforting. I then started taking it at night - big mistake for me personally. I became addicted. If I didn’t take it for one night, I was awake for the entire night and became extremely paranoid. Had to see a Dr and admit to addiction, then was given very slow tapering off plan. Also made my hair fall out. Use with caution. Easily addictive."

Lauren92 June 25, 2018

For Anxiety "I took half of a ativan because I was nervous about taking it (I don't like taking pills, even advil). My boyfriend is in the hospital so I've had constant anxiety for 4 days. It felt like my heart was gonna come out my chest. I'm sure it'll continue till he's home. I felt my heart rate calm down within like 20 minutes. I feel a little better, still have sweaty hands and stuff but hey it's a start, can't expect to be cured on half a pill. "

Cuppycake (taken for less than 1 month) June 7, 2018

For Panic Disorder "To be honest with you guys I personally think that it works for me and exceeds my expectations when it comes to other areas of my life as well...."

2PugzG (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 6, 2018

For Insomnia "Took 0.25mg to help with me sleep. It helped 1st night to sleep 6 hours but not the 2nd night."

Tricky (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2018

For Anxiety "I’ve been on 0.50mg Ativan for anxiety and insomnia for 10 plus years . It really calms me down and takes the edge off. I sleep through the night and wake up refreshed. I can’t imagine not having it on hand. There are weeks I go without it , but it’s nice to have it at hands reach . I recommend Ativan."

Burnertt May 31, 2018

For Anxiety "Have had depression and anxiety for most of my 65 years. I have been treated for depression and am now on bupropion 300mg/daily. It does not help with my anxiety which includes muscle stiffness and all over pain. After my husband died and left a bottle of Ativan, a script he had been on for years, I started taking 1mg in the morning and at night. I was amazed at the relief I received. I've used Ativan many times in the past but no doctor will give it to me on a long term basis sighting addiction. My husband took it daily for years. Why am I not able to get a long term prescription? Ativan is a lifesaver for me, eliminates the muscle stiffness and pain and gives me energy. Doctors need to understand that patients know what helps their issues and allow them the medication needed in order to have quality of life, which I don't have right now."

Kat (taken for less than 1 month) May 28, 2018

For Anxiety "Helps with calming for panic attacks. Very fast and effective. Only side effect for me was drowsiness."

gemm53 (taken for less than 1 month) May 7, 2018

For Anxiety "This pill has been my safety net for my severe anxiety attacks, panic attacks and ADHD. I have been taking this pill off and on for 6 years and have never been addicted to it. I take 0.5 during the day and it actually makes me feel like myself and sometimes even gives me more energy this pill has been a true life saver"

Jasminefab (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 21, 2018

For Anxiety "This med was prescribed to me last year after my anxiety (& BPD) got really bad after steroid knee injections. At that time, I'd only needed 4-5 doses but was prescribed enough for 30, so I saved the rest for "emergency" situations (times like now). It seems to be helpful for the chronic anxiety & chronic insomnia I've been experiencing related to my various chronic pain conditions. Some negative things I've noticed with it are it makes my brain/pain fog worse, it increases/worsens some BPD symptoms & it makes my fibromyalgia & osteoarthritis knee pain worse. Otherwise, it's a pretty good medication."

Jillyn31 (taken for less than 1 month) April 14, 2018

For Anxiety "I recently developed panic attacks and anxiety , just thinking about anxiety makes you anxious.. at least for me. I was just prescribed 0.5 Ativan and 10 mg Lexapro for anxiety. I hope it works..I used to be on celexa but never really did much for me tbh. I'm hoping the withdrawals aren't bad."

Jmf41133 April 11, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...

Micromedex® Care Notes