User Reviews for Ativan

ICU Agitation 1.0
Summary of Ativan reviews 8.0 405 reviews

Reviews for Ativan

Honey bunny donuts · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 25, 2020

For Anxiety: “I have been on Ativan 1mg for almost three years now and whenever I’m super angry, anxious, jumpy it works wonders. For the past week I’ve been crying uncontrollably because of certain things going on and when people don’t show me any concern or comfort me I get irrationally angry and even chased my little sister for showing no sympathy. I’m a 23 year old woman and she’s a 16 year old girl so she’s got her own problems. I immediately took an Ativan and within 20 minutes they kicked in perfectly. I didn’t have an urge to cry anymore, I felt calm and relaxed, And kind of high and had a rational thought process. This is what effects Ativan usually has on me and sometimes I feel goofy and laugh at the most random things. But regardless I ❤️ This drug and couldn’t ask for better. I’ve been on clonazepam that’s ok but not as good as Ativan and I’ve been on Xanax once at the hospital but that made me even more anxious and my muscles jerked. I love Ativan so much”

Chris May 10, 2020

For Panic Disorder: “I have had panic disorder, agoraphobia, and severe anxiety for 10 years, so I need something like Ativan that sedates me and calms me down when I get hysterical. After numerous trips to the ER and every time I went there they gave me this. Finally talked to my psychiatrist and got the prescription so I don't have to go to a hospital for my severe panic attacks. Medications I used to take made me feel like I was going crazy lol. Unlike other medications I have tried in the past there is really not any side effects besides it makes you a little drowsy. This is a true lifesaver for a person who could not otherwise function. This helps with how debilitating panic attacks and severe anxiety can be. I would highly recommend this and I have tried countless other remedies but this one tops all.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month May 5, 2020

For Nausea/Vomiting: “Don't you believe it! I was admitted to hospital for colitis. They gave me every nausea medicine and it didn't work then gave me Ativan. It didn't work either. The only reason they gave it to me was by then they thought my complaint was psychosomatic and wanted to prove me a liar by showing that Ativan stopped my symptoms so my complaints were not real only anxiety. Useless drug Ativan. Don't use it.”

fusebird · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 12, 2020

For Sedation: “agree with post above - xanax or klonopin are similar and stronger; will get the job done better. and Klonopin is probably the better than xanax; many reports show x is more addictive but k is more effective. ”

Jay · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 8, 2020

For Insomnia: “I have a fairly high medication resistant (or I'm allergic or develope tolerance after using meds .. yes it's been hell and still is .. I'm writing this while admitted to the hospital psych ward) I have severe insomnia and not one sleeping medication has worked for more then a week! I took ativan sublingual and was up to 8mg in a week .. and it stopped working!! Now I'm on injections at night .. it worked for 2 nights amazingly!!! I don't have withdrawal symptoms like others have described on here ... I guess for me it's a great short term solution but then I build a tolerance.. sigh!!”

Luna · Taken for less than 1 month February 23, 2020

“Oh. My. God... relief. I had been suffering restlessness for four months on end and it was horrible. Respiridone and haldol made it worse, and klonopin made me suicidal. Then I started Ativan and upped my gabapentin dose(I had previously been on a higher dose and I suspected me lowering it 4 months ago is what triggered the restlessness), and it worked. I feel a bit sedated (although taking Ativan w/ the gabapentin actually relieves the brain fog/smothered feeling I used to get on higher gabapentin) and there are times during the day where I feel my inhibitions are a bit lower but compared to living a nightmaree for four months, this is bliss. I can function and do things again, and I don’t live in constant fear of the horrible restlessness that I could always feel just below the surface. I checked my chest, I don’t feel any restlessness at all. I can sit here and think about the restlessness feeling and I don’t feel it. For the first time in 4 months I’m free.”

dizzy · Taken for less than 1 month February 20, 2020

For Light Anesthesia: “I was prescribed 2mg Ativan to take 2 hours before a dentist appointment (I’m a 110 lb woman). I took it 2 hours prior and within a half hour, the whole room was spinning and I was getting nauseous. I was only not dizzy if I was laying down. It seemed like an impossible task to walk to the car and be driven to the dentist and endure an appointment in that state. I stayed home and immediately fell asleep for 5 hours. I felt nauseous upon waking and it got better after eating a small amount of bland food. It is not evening and I feel better, just very groggy and a little slow feeling. I would rather endure the dentist appointment than go through this again.”

Mnich · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 5, 2020

For Anxiety: “Has gotten me through many sleepless nights and panic attacks. I only take it if I absolutely need to, to help me at night time when my anxiety is at its worse and only a dose of 0.5 mg. It almost always makes me sleepy and helps me sleep and normally I don't feel to groggy the next day.”

Dallas720 · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 3, 2020

For Anxiety: “I've been on this medication since 2018 and it works wonders for my anxiety. The first time I took it was when I was having an anxiety attack in the mall when it was really crowded. I usually take 1mg along with drinking juice, water or even soda never grapejuice. The effects kick in between 45 min and 2 hours and I feel extremely calm, happy, silly and even loopy. I wish the effects lasted longer than 8 hrs though but I still love this drug regardless”

insomniac · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 31, 2020

For Insomnia: “Ativan ruined my life. My psychiatrist prescribed me 2mg to take every night while trying out an anti-depressant. After about 7 weeks, I was addicted to Ativan, and when I tried to stop taking it, I had seizures and panic attacks. I had to keep taking it in order to stabilize. Then I had to switch to Valium and slowly taper off the benzodiazapines in order to avoid another seizure. It took me a year and a half to taper off, and I now have chronic fear, anxiety, tinnitus, and insomnia. I wish I never touched this drug.”

Bubz · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 30, 2020

For Status Epilepticus: “I have Non Epileptic seizures and bad ones. When I wake in the hospital after they've given me the shots it's horrible. I throw up all over the place and according to my family they give it to me to knock me out so they don't have to deal with the "fight or flight child like state" I'm in when I come to. In fact my husband stopped them from giving me another shot because he told them I would more likely co-operate if they didn't keep giving me shots. I am not conscious and the person that they deal with isn't the real me. I can't sleep now though and I'm feeling very sad and can't stop crying. I feel a little slower this time then usual and it's been 2 days so I'll be going to see a doctor to talk about my mood, memory, and sleep. Hopefully I can find a group to talk to because I need one. Saw someone takes the pills when they feel their aura coming on and that it helps so we'll see about that.”

Drugs · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 17, 2020

For Anxiety: “Ativan does the job. But you do NOT want to go through the withdrawal. It's very bad. I have generalized anxiety and panic disorder to the point where I can't leave the house unless I really have to. And ativan makes it a lot easier to leave the house. The withdrawal makes your anxiety come back with vengeance. It's bad. For the short term it's great but long term you become addicted and physically dependent on it. And you build a tolerance so it doesn't help you as much as initially taking it. I love ativan and recommend it to anyone suffering from anxiety. Just make sure you wean off it or you will feel like a life becomes a nightmare.”

Jay · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 13, 2020

For Anxiety: “Safe and effective medication as long as you do not become dependent on it. PLEASE avoid getting hooked on this medication as it is a benzo and withdrawal from benzos can be deadly. Has helped me manage severe panic attacks due to anxiety, depression and ocd. I take 0.5 mg if I am having a severe panic attack and it immediately helps take the edge off.”

ravioli · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 13, 2020

For Panic Disorder: “I've had panic disorder for six years, and when I finally convinced my doctor that there was something wrong with and me and got a prescription I was really hopeful! The first time I used it, it worked relatively well. However, I woke up nauseous and groggy and since nausea is my trigger I decided that I'd only take it if it was ABSOLUTELY necessary. After two months of going without it, I found myself in one of the worst series of panic attacks I've gone through while not at home. My prescribed dosage didn't do anything, I was taking a high dose and it didn't do anything. At that point, I stopped and rode it out for another four hours. When I woke up the next morning, feeling the same groggy and nauseous feeling I'd had last time but worse. Not sure if that residue of the panic or not? The same thing happened a week ago, and again it didn't work, but still left me feeling gross the next day. Maybe it just doesn't work for me?”

mitch December 14, 2019

For Anxiety: “I literally took one dose of 1.5 mg's of lorazepam after being prescribed the drug for panic attacks and anxiety. It worked for the panic attack, but since that 1st dose I haven't slept in 3 days. Reflecting on it now I would have rather just gone through the full on panic attack. This drug is no joke”

Jay · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 4, 2019

For Panic Disorder: “I was prescribed Ativan after I was catatonic when I had a psychotic episode. It helped with my anxiety. I had never had any withdrawals and I used it as prescribed.”

Hs · Taken for less than 1 month October 30, 2019

For Anxiety: “This is by far the scariest experience I have EVER had with a drug. Ativan immediately took the anxiety away but the after effects were horrible. I took it intermittently for 2 weeks and then noticed when I didn't take it consistently my anxiety was 100 percent worse. I was crawling out of my skin and so irritable. I also had uncontrollable muscle shaking and memory problems. This drug is very dangerous for some people. I'll stick to cognitive behavioral therapy.”

Miss K · Taken for less than 1 month October 21, 2019

For Anxiety: “I had been having extreme anxiety and panic attacks for 4 or 5 days and didn’t feel like I could handle them on my own anymore. I went to the ER and they gave me Ativan to calm down. I’m not sure what the dosage was but it was in pill form. At that point I had been crying non stop for 3 hours as I was very scared and my heart was beating very fast. Within half an hour or so I could feel the medication working as it took the edge off of my anxiety. When I went home I immediately fell asleep and stayed asleep. I also hadn’t been sleeping well so that was a relief. It worked really well for me, but I only took it at the ER and haven’t taken it consecutively as a prescription. The only downside was I felt very groggy and foggy the next couple of days, but that could be attributed to exhaustion. Overall it really helped me a lot.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month October 18, 2019

For Anxiety: “Ativan amplified anxiety so bad I could not stop vomiting.”

Jr · Taken for 10 years or more October 17, 2019

For Anxiety: “I like Ativan better than valium but not xanax be careful on any benzodiazepines. They will mess with your brain up cause memory loss. I've been on them for 20 years. No way can I go off them now. I'm screwed. I tried twice and went insane. I kicked a 4 year opiate addiction with the help of suboxone and that was hard. Kicking benzos makes kicking opiates like candy. Trust me benzodiazepines are dangerous. My Dr never warned me of the addiction until I switched drugs. About 5 years in. Isn't that nice? I live with them they keep me calm. I have very bad anxiety but knowing what I know now I would have took a shot of vodka a couple times a day. I'm not a drinker but it beats the side effects of benzos. Moderation is the key.”

Star · Taken for 10 years or more October 7, 2019

For Anxiety: “I've been taken Ativan since 2008 for the last five years I went up from 2 mg a day to 3mg I want to get off this drug because I feel my brain is cloudy. I went to my doctor and he gave me a schedule how to wean off but his schedule is not working for me I've been trying to wean off for the last 2 weeks and I finally got down to 2 mg today I feel a lot of anxiety and I had to take another half milligram the calm me down. Does anyone have any suggestions do I need to go to a hospital I have no family to help me ?”

Happy customer · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 21, 2019

For Anxiety: “the doctor gave me Ativan for treating bad anxiety/panic attacks. I just take 1/2 of a 1mg pill when I’m experiencing a panic attack. (The doctor was very reluctant to prescribe it as it is a benzo) but in my opinion it is 100% better than the long term stuff which just completely messed up my moods and made me depressed which I never was before. I keep the Ativan with me and if I start to feel a bad attack coming on I have 1/2 a pill and am completely fine again within 15 mins. It’s been a life saver for me as my panic attacks would sometimes last days and I’d be throwing up, the whole deal. Ativan has really helped, I’ve only had to use it twice in six months, but just knowing it’s there if I need it is great. The only side effect I get is drowsiness but usually I take it at night anyway so it’s good. I also get a lot of relief from cognitive behavioral therapy like tapping and meditating.”

EE · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 15, 2019

For Anxiety: “I absolutely hate it. I was given Ativan last summer when I was having a total mental break down. At first I waited and waited and felt absolutely nothing whatsoever, then I realized that it made me even more anxious and caused me to lash out at my parents. They ended up having to take me back to my house because they just couldn't deal with me. I decided to get some drinks at the bar and then at the cider house, and Thats When It Finally Started To Kick In. I was having a lot of trouble talking and had all these weird muscle jerks and having maybe convulsions.”

Nervis Jervis · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 18, 2019

For Anxiety: “Do not hype yourself up about addiction, but do know certain people will be at risk more than others, high stress jobs (where people's lives are on the line), addictive personality, or using these to "solve" problems, should find other ways to cope. The .05 pills are gentle, they take the edge off. Things like alcohol, and opiates seem like they are WAY more addictive. I had to deal with my mom who had a high stress job and was HORRIBLY addicted to Xanax, almost died taking them. I refused to take benzos my whole life for that reason until I just recently needed them due to a miscarriage. Will only use them as needed (during PMS) I had absolutely NO withdrawals or odd sensations the next day after taking. Have seen what benzos do to some people. I am hoping that not to be me, nor do I get the withdrawals people say they get the next day. Everyone reacts to drugs differently. I cannot tolerate MJ, most other people can.”

Speced August 8, 2019

For Anxiety: “Lost my husband suddenly right next to me of a stroke during the night. It was a shock. I have PTSD, anxiety, and depression. Use Ativan in tiny dose to sleep . Do wake up very drowsy and super sensitive to meds. Can be addictive but not for me. Calms me while grieving.”