User Reviews for Ativan

Learn more about Ativan.

Ativan Rating Summary

8.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 34 medications used in the treatment of Sedation.

Reviews for Ativan to treat Sedation

"52 year old diagnosed with ovarian cancer in July 2016. Received chest mediport in August and went through 12 weeks of chemo. Only side effects were constipation from chemo and sleepless nights from Dedcadron. While these steroids made me feel strong and allow me to work while taking chemo they also keep me wired at night. Only on those days of chemo I would take 1 mg of Ativan at night. So blessed to get some much needed rest and was at work by 6:00 ready for my work day. Feeling rested and getting that quality sleep is very vital when fighting this disease and taking chemo. I just had IP port surgically implanted into abdomen today. Staring next 3 cycles of IP chemo after having surgery December 8th.Ativan has helped me, no side effects."

FightingANDWILLWin January 11, 2017

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Just not strong enough, Klonopin or Xanax or really any other benzodiazepines, works better."

oxyaaron December 21, 2010

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Very good"

Anonymous January 24, 2010

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Ativan was prescribed to me for severe anxiety. I took 2mg one to two times daily. I took the medication for two months. I however, DID NOT follow the advise of my doctor and quit cold turkey. It was five days of hell for me. I did not sleep AT ALL, I had panic attacks, trouble breathing, and severe sweating for two more weeks when I did start sleeping again. The medication was very helpful but when I quit the side effects were just about unbearable. My advice is use this medication with caution and follow doctor instructions to the latter."

Anonymous December 5, 2009

47 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Ativan is the best drug ever prescribed to me. I take 2 mg twice a day. It calms me during the day and at night I sleep like a baby. There are no side effects when you wake as well."

extacy November 14, 2009

40 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Ativan has been a God send for me during these stressful times. It has helped me sleep better and has helped with my anxiety because of the stress I'm under. My doctor has prescribed 1mg x 2 a day as needed and that seems like the perfect dose for me. I also use pain medicines for prior spine surgery and have had no problem with this medication."

trieded November 5, 2009