User Reviews for Buspirone

Borderline Personality Disorder
4.3

Summary of Buspirone reviews 6.2 739 reviews

Reviews for Buspirone

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "My doctors were reluctant to put me on benzos because I had a brief history of drug use. They offered buspar as an alternative, it was one of if not the worst medication I’ve ever taken. It felt like Benadryl that created the most uncomfortable physical sensation and the only thing I could do was lay down in bed and wait for it to wear off. Not recommended."

PanchoVilla (taken for less than 1 month) October 14, 2018

For Anxiety: "I have been on buspar for 2 years and it has made my life easier. Very good medication for severe anxiety out in crowded places or the city life. I am able to go out now and can handle doing things I could never do before due to my anxiety. Unfortunately it is starting to be a bit less effective than when I first got on it but it has made a big difference in my life. A wonderful medication!!"

Doddling (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 13, 2018

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "This medication has been a godsend for me. I'm unable to take SSRIs or SNRIs and had recently increased my dose of Wellbutrin XL (which had driven up my anxiety). The Buspar has significantly improved my anxiety symptoms and I find myself happier and more outgoing since starting it. It has mild sexual side effects on me but they are quite tolerable compared to what I have experienced in the past (if there's any chance a med like this will cause sexual side effects on somebody, I seem guaranteed to have them, no matter how small the chances). Buspar has also caused exertional headaches for me. I'm not a fan of needing to take it twice per day but it is a small tablet and easy enough to keep with me in a key fob."

fhjbcgjb (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 12, 2018

For Anxiety: "Whenever I take it I feel like I was high I would be so completely out of it that if I wasn't somewhere where I could go lay down I would go crazy. It would make me so sleepy. When I was on it the next day I didn't remember what happened to myself after taking it or I wouldn't remember how I feel asleep or remembering walking in my house to go to bed. Just a complete blackout. People would tell me and I wouldn't remember. It didn't do anything to help my anxiety all it did was get me so drugged up that it would knock me out into a deep sleep. Wake up feeling like I couldn't breathe"

Katie (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 7, 2018

For Anxiety: "I had the same experience as kat5528 on September 21, 2018. I wasn't myself at all on it. I would be mad at my kids for no reason and cry for no reason. It was nuts on this med. Hated it so did my kids."

Shygirl83 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 5, 2018

For Panic Disorder: "Years ago after having an angioplasty the doctor prescribed Buspirone after I had had two panic attacks. After the 2nd pill I felt like I was floating on air as I walked. I stopped the pills and never had a panic attack again."

Midnite (taken for less than 1 month) October 2, 2018

For Panic Disorder: "Yes I started taking Buspar and I had so many side effects, bad taste in my mouth, dizziness, chest pains unable to make yes or no decisions, fever, unable to do daily tasks, so sick I can't even describe: vomiting, twitching, ears ringing high pitched. Now that I have to wean myself off of this medication that made me literally crazy in the head, where I'm talking to myself and swearing at people my head. I still can't get my head straight on this drug. It is a nightmare. You will be doing things putting soap and conditioner in the freezer, you can't think clearly, you go crazy out of your head. Whoever takes this you'll go nuts. Oh and you'll loose your appetite and won't eat for days and you're walking around talking yourself like one of the crazy people"

Anonymous October 1, 2018

For Anxiety: "This medicine may work well for some people, but I wanted to share my experience because it wasn’t pleasant. After 2 weeks of taking buspirone, I thought I was going to die. One morning at work I noticed heart palpitations, then got extremely dizzy and almost passed out three times before a coworker brought me to urgent care. I stayed very dizzy with severe anxiety / panic attack’s that lasted for a week. I had to miss several days of work. This was the first time I had experienced anything like this."

Dave (taken for less than 1 month) September 24, 2018

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "This drug has been a miracle for me. I have all the symptoms of what one physician termed "profound anxiety." NO DOCTOR until I found the right psychiatrist had even mentioned this drug. I've tried a lot of both tricyclic and SSRI and SNRI meds. All they did was give me side effects that made me feel worse. The benzodiazepines are addictive and not for a long term fix since their side effects and lasting effects are not good for the aging brain (I'm 75.)"

Leporello (Don Giovanni's man) (taken for less than 1 month) September 22, 2018

For Anxiety: "So far it hasn't done anything other than decrease my anxiety by about 10%. I'm still having almost constant anxiety mixed with common occurrences of panic attacks."

Jkirch1234 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 21, 2018

For Anxiety: "My Psychiatrist prescribed 10mg twice daily. I was so irritable on this medication. I was mad at my family for no reason. The littlest thing would make me so angry I would start to cry. I wasn’t me on this medication plus it brought on more anxiety. I continued to take the medication for about 4 weeks to see if that side effect would subside but I couldn’t take it any longer. I haven’t been able to find any other person with that side effect. This medication does work for a lot of people so don’t get discouraged!"

Kat5528 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 21, 2018

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I am extremely thankful this drug exists. It has changed my life. I suffer from PTSD from a previous illness and it has relieved my anxiety, 5 years of muscle tension and given me a clear mind. Really mild side effects at 20MG a day."

A (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 20, 2018

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I actually felt a difference the second day but, it did take over a week to really work. I had severe anxiety from PTSD, after about 9 days on it....I feel so much better! Don't even need anti depressants now, honestly."

Liz (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 15, 2018

For Anxiety: "every time I take buspirone it clouds my brain and I have ringing in my ears. I don't take it anymore. Switched to sertraline and duloxetine"

cstat (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 12, 2018

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "Why do I not feel good in the morning but I do feel good in afternoon. Take same dosage of buspar in morning as in afternoon"

Sound mind September 12, 2018

For Anxiety: "Works!!!Had immediate results. No panic attacks, but must remember same time everyday with food!"

Sam (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 12, 2018

For Anxiety: "I'm currently prescribed 15mg three times a day. My experience is that you can feel it's "effects" in 20 minutes, the effects for me are as follows: some sort of fuzzy sensation of waves being pulsed through my body every 10 seconds or so, I should mention the sensations of electricity waves would be at a pain level of 0, it's not painful as much as it is a bit annoying, the main annoyance being I've found that it makes standing up or moving quickly after sitting down make you feel out of breath, for example sometimes I'll have to brace myself and grab onto something as to not almost collapse. I'm 22. It has also very much so increased my overall libido . I don't notice any panic/anxiety/avoidance reduction effects, even at peak plasma concentration, I've come to the conclusion it doesn't seem to help my troublesome symptoms."

phoneazr (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 8, 2018

For Anxiety: "Didn't helped at all just made my anxiety worse and gave me bad headaches and no energy only on it for three weeks"

Chris (taken for less than 1 month) September 1, 2018

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "Did not really do anything except make me feel a bit dizzy, unfortunately."

baillie (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 30, 2018

For Anxiety: "When my doctor talked with me about this medication I was a little skeptical about the drug it’s self. But before I buckled down and decided to go see a doctor, about 2-3 months prior I’d be dealing with a very horrible life experience at the age of 23 years old I had just undergone a horrible very traumatic experience that involved a wreck in an semi truck, that knocked me out stone cold. I was knocked on the left side of my temple and received cuts in my head. I was having bad anxiety, panic attacks after the wreck, went to visit a doctor who prescribes this medication Busiprone I gave it a chance tried it, stayed on the prescription a little over a year. It was definitely helping me. I unfortunately couldn’t get the next refill of it. There are days I feel as if I know it would help me greatly now and I could really use it today and there are days I know it would help me, 100% ."

DoubleTrouble-texasTruckerJess (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 28, 2018

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I was first prescribed Buspar a few years ago when my anxiety was much, much worse and neither my doctor nor I wanted me to start taking benzos. About a year into it I stopped taking it because it was making me a little too relaxed during the day, but I started it again last fall at a lower dose and I've only had positive experiences with it since. I will say it's probably more for milder GAD. I am now dealing with some pretty fresh PTSD after a violent assault a couple years ago and I've found the combination of Buspar and Lamictal to be perfect for this. I have a very high tolerance so I can't speak to any of the negative side effects, but I can say that this is milder than most but still effective enough to continue taking."

orangetoday (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 26, 2018

For Panic Disorder: "I have had the worst experience when I took this drug. I don’t recommend anyone to take this drug. I started having disturbing images and dreams in my head when I was on it. I was only on half a pill at 7.5mg."

Buspar hater (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 25, 2018

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "30 mg day, age 70, female, white with lifelong chronic depression, +anxiety=bipolar. I have had 40 years of psych med, individual therapy & my 2 pm 10mg gets me thru day w/o suicidal thoughts. + 30 yrs drag as multiple personalities. Have tried it all"

Sllm (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 19, 2018

For Anxiety: "I'm supposed to take 5mg twice a day but I wanted to start with just 5 mg once a day to see if there were any side effects and I must admit there are with only 1 dose a day so I'm definitely apprehensive about taking it twice a day. The main thing I have noticed is dizziness! Its horrible, I take it in the middle of day so I don't drive but I do have to drive for work sometimes so I'm not sure I can take this drug if the dizziness keeps up. Does the dizziness go away?"

Kel (taken for less than 1 month) August 13, 2018

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I've always had crippling anxiety. This medication relieves me from my anxiety without taking a scheduled medication (Xanax, Valium, Ativan, etc) and coming up in a drug screen. This medication hasn't taken my anxiety totally away (and everyone has a normal amount of anxiety), but it has diminished significantly. I've had no side effects while on this medication (I take 60mg a day) and I've been taking it for about 6 years."

LA (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 12, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...

Micromedex® Care Notes