User Reviews for Buspirone

Also known as: BuSpar, Vanspar

Learn more about Buspirone.

Sexual Dysfunction, SSRI Induced 7 reviews 17 medications

Anxiety 424 reviews 63 medications

6.7
Panic Disorder 52 reviews 19 medications

Summary of Buspirone reviews 483 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Buspirone

For Anxiety: "I started 10mg today and I feel so loopy, my mouth is very dry, and kind of anxious and my head is hurting after 1 dose. I don't know if I will take a 2nd dose. I was prescribed 10mg 2x day."

Kconrad1112 (taken for less than 1 month) August 29, 2016

For Anxiety: "I've been on this for two weeks. I went to my doctor because I was experiencing anxiety and worry way to often, for too long. I tried to manage it on my own, but the feelings persisted. I made an appointment for a psych, but the wait was three months. I assumed I had to go to a psych for medication management but a friend told me my doctor could prescribe something. My doctor gave me a script for 7.5 mg twice a day. Soon after, the constant knot in my stomach and consistent worry subsided. I see that people say it takes a while for this to work, but I feel like I had pretty quick results. I have had no side effects on this med thus far."

2885Lola August 22, 2016

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I was recently prescribed Cymbalta for depression. It helped but I felt very jittery and anxious on it. My doctor added Buspar and now I feel very much calmer and in control. I take 30 mgs twice a day."

Dan9447 August 21, 2016

For Anxiety: "I just started taking buspirone today and I hate it, my heart feels like it's going to explode my leg won't stop shaking I feel even more antsy my stomach feels bloated my mouth would open a little bit I believe it even affects my mood because I ended up having 0 tolerance for anything. I would not recommend this medicine to anyone and I just started it today. It's 10mg twice a day I will not continue taking this no matter what the doctor says."

Necee (taken for less than 1 month) August 21, 2016

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "Anxiety was eating me alive! Finally I went to my Dr to ask for help. I started with 7.5 mg twice a day and she worked me up to 15mg twice a day. I feel so much better! I'm sleeping like a log now because anxiety is not keeping me awake or waking me up. I do feel hot and a little shaky about 20 minutes after I take it but it don't last very long, maybe 30 minutes. I'm also losing some much needed weight. Probably because I'm not eating at night since I'm actually sleeping through the night for the first time in my life! This stuff changed my life for the better!"

Carolyn Riggs August 20, 2016

For Anxiety: "I've only taken buspar 7.5 for 2 days now, I've been prescribed 7.5 2x day, but until the side effects go away, I'm not about to take 2 a day. Within 20 minutes or so after taking (with food), my head starts whooshing and I'm very dizzy (almost feel drunk/high). It lasts about an hour then I feel better. Is this someone else has experienced? Is it something that will go away? Is the side effect an allergy to the drug? Basically, I'm taking to get rid of anxiety/ panic attacks and help me to need less xanax. With these side effects I'll need MORE xanax!! Lol "

Dizziness, head whooshing (taken for less than 1 month) August 20, 2016

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I have been taking buspar for 4 months now and it has helped pretty well for my anxiety. I take 3 10mg a day. I mostly like it because it helps with the extra anxiety and slight depression i get from the come down off of my adderall i take for adhd every day too. The only side effects I've had from the buspar has been nausea but as long as i eat a little bit of food whenever i take them it subsides that pretty well so i would recommend it to anyone with the same situation."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 19, 2016

For Anxiety: "I just started taking this medication a few days ago, I will write an update later as I give it more time. Thus far my side effects have been a slight numbing of my mouth, I am extremely sensitive to medication and this has happened with other meds I have taken so I am not alarmed by this. I am taking it with food and I do feel a bit of slight nausea and tiredness about an hour after taking it, I also feel a bit spaced but I am hoping these will subside over time. It isn't anything unmanageable at this time, I am on a very low dose 2.5 mg BID, it isn't what the doctor prescribed but after talking with my pharmacist about my sensitivity to meds he said I could build up to the dose. I was prescribed 5 mg BID to increase if needed."

Crazyaboutcats August 18, 2016

For Panic Disorder: "Started to kick in after about 23 days, but no major side effects so yay! For the first week I took 5mg before going to sleep. But each day I would take it earlier. So day 1 @ 10pm, then 9pm, 8pm, and so on. Then on Day 8 I started taking 10mg daily (5mg in the morning and 5mg in the evening). Always with food! Be consistent. For the first ~5 days I would get sleepy about an hour after taking it, then this went away. For the first ~2 weeks my eyes would lag for about an hour after taking it. It's a weird feeling...like when you shift your eyes in different directions you can feel the muscle in your eye pulling. Kind of like it's strained and it takes effort to shift your eyes. This also went away."

AnnaB1987 August 15, 2016

For Anxiety: "my experience was very positive"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 14, 2016

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I have taken buspar for 5 months. Prescribed max dose of 15mg 4x/day. It took a couple weeks to actually notice the difference. I don't feel like a zombie after taking it. I really just came to the realization one day while driving to work, an activity that used to leave me recovering from an anxiety attack, was suddenly a very simple task. My social anxiety, much improved. It's very subtle, but after sticking with it, I can look back and I see that it changed my life. It does make me sleepy, in a walking around functioning while yawning kind of way and I get a lot of headaches. The good definitely outweighs The bad. I can take a lower dosage on easy days and still have a positive outcome. also take 150mg of Zoloft and 25 mg Wellbutrin"

HalfPint416 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 14, 2016

For Anxiety: "I have been on this drug for about 9 days now. I started off with a pill twice a day for a week and now I'm taking it 3 times a day. Honestly my anxiety is still here full force. I depend on my girlfriend to go with me everywhere but now I have to get used to her being gone so now I've been getting more anxiety trying to go out and do stuff on my own. I just want to be happy and be able to go run my errands. Buspirone didn't even touch my anxiety. I became very angry and irritable and it's starting fights between me and my girlfriend. She had to leave me by myself today because my anger was stressing her out. I've developed an "I don't care" attitude and it has freaked me out. I'm done taking this drug. Everyone is different but be cautious."

Sarzself14 August 13, 2016

For Anxiety: "I had a lot of stomach issues - IBS-D. I suspected it might be due to anxiety. Buspirone has made a huge difference. I can live a normal life without being in fear of the stomach issues coming up at the most inconvenient times. I feel comfortable eating out and going to people's houses. I used to take four immodium a day to control the stomach issues. Now, I rarely take it. Buspirone also had a very gradual effect...things kept getting better. I had to recently reduce the dose a bit as I'd get dizzy after taking it but it still works. Doctors had insisted that I try antidepressants first. The side effects (several brands and low doses) were awful and the medications didn't help."

Great! August 13, 2016

For Panic Disorder: "Everytime I take my buspar my heart feels like it's pounding out of my chest for like an hour (eventually gradually it goes away) and my chest gets tight, I just started taking it 2-3 weeks ago and this just chest pounding thing only started happening about 7 days ago, it's starting to freak me out to the point where I might just stop taking it all together. Am I the only one who feels like my heart beats a million times a second on this drug? & what else is out there to help specific anxiety disorders?"

Jessica M M (taken for less than 1 month) August 10, 2016

For Panic Disorder: "Its doesn't suit me ..when I take it I become angry, hyper and I have loss of appetite and more fear. Also my mouth opens very little while talking after taking busbin 5"

Tahir aily rizuvi August 7, 2016

For Panic Disorder: "I just took 2 dosages 5mg .. in night and in morning. It has made tightness in chest as if I would collapse. Short to breath and so tight in head that I couldn't continue although that went away in about an hour both the times. I know it's effects come in long time.. but what I was feeling was unbearable."

Bhaskar Taneja (taken for less than 1 month) August 5, 2016

For Anxiety: "Ive been on Buspar for about 6 months or so for anxiety. I first started off taking 5 mg 2 times a day. Then went to 10 mg 2 times a day. Lately I have a I do not care attitude! This is not me. I see my doctor tomorrow. I think I would rather be on the lower dose and still have some anxiety and care....rather than the I do not care attitude"

Patty D. August 4, 2016

For Anxiety: "This is scary. Doctor put me on this 3 weeks ago. Made my depression horrible. Im extremly mean to my 2 year old. I have passed out twice one of which i crashed my car in a field! I have dry mouth, dizzyness, shaking, my body will jerk. I have a rash on my neck, constipation, insomnia. Im exhausted but just cant sleep. And that's all i want is to sleep!!! And ive probably eaten a handful of pretzles in the last week. I feel so sick all the time :( and im on a low dose!"

Mialynne121313 (taken for less than 1 month) August 3, 2016

For Anxiety: "I personally don't think it works that great however, I also take prozac and the buspar was prescribed to "boost" the prozac. Sorry to say but personally, I didn't notice a difference, I wish they would have just boosted up my Prozac instead. Also, I take 3 7.5 mgs a day of boat and 60 mg of prozac"

SheenaB (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 28, 2016

For Anxiety: "I take 10mg twice a day, with food. Pamphlet says to take either with or without food, but be consistent. Only frequent side effect is tiredness, but I was always tired anyway. Infrequently I will get dizzy and nauseated for about 40 minutes after taking depending on how much caffeine I have had or how long after a meal I wait to take it. I noticed results after the first few doses, though I was warned that it may take longer. My mood has noticeably improved as well as my ability to handle day-to-day tasks like talking on the phone. I still have situational based anxiety, but that is more manageable than general anxiety. I have noticed that if I am a few hours late for a dose I get irritable for the next few doses."

xStarCyx (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 18, 2016

For Anxiety: "I like that it calms me down but I'm sleepy all day. I don't like feeling sleepy, I have things to do. It does help me get a great nights sleep. I sleep like a rock but wake up still feeling drowsy. So anyway- may not take it anymore unless its at night from time to time since it works rather quickly with for me. Yawwnnnn!!! AC"

AGCP July 13, 2016

For Anxiety: "its helpful but doesn't cover the day"

waiting 4 happiness (taken for less than 1 month) July 11, 2016

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "It has done great for me. I used to "bite my kids' heads off" in the mornings and startle a lot easier, for examples. I can also take it in small doses at a time to keep from sleeping all day from the side effects."

W.S. (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 11, 2016

BuSpar (buspirone) for Panic Disorder: "I've been on this medication for about eight months for both panic disorder and anxiety, 30 mg twice a day. Just so people know, it takes roughly six weeks to kick in fully, so if you haven't felt anything yet, you need to give it time before you try something else. While it does make me very tired after I take it for about 30-40 minutes, it doesn't make me chronically tired like I was while on antidepressants. A short nap definitely helps if I'm not doing anything in the morning. It's absolutely brought my level of anxiety way, way down to a manageable level, especially after getting to the maximum dose. I'm functioning normally for the first time in years and I love it."

Isneksjdnemsifjenndjdjd (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 4, 2016

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "was on 20 mg Cipralex then doctor added q 150 Buspar within 2 weeks my anxiety and depression got a lot worse, trouble sleeping and uncontrolled shaking Not for me"

Petros 141 July 4, 2016