User Reviews for Buspirone systemic

Also known as: BuSpar

Buspirone Rating Summary

6.2/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 167 medications used in the treatment of Anxiety.

Reviews for Buspirone to treat Anxiety

BuSpar (buspirone): "I started taking Buspar 12/13/2018. 10mg twice daily, one at bedtime, along with a host of other medications including Klonopin for a chronic nerve pain condition , Percocet for arthritis, Fibromyalgia, and a ton of other stuff, Topimax for migraines and Trigeminial Neuralgia, a muscle relaxer, an antihistamine for my allergies and for insomnia and I don’t want to forget the stool softeners of course ! Well I felt like I was gonna loose my mind AGAIN ! My skin feels like bugs are crawling all over me, my scalp is a mess with scabs from scratching it . My TN. Is off the charts again and I can’t leave the house I’m so full of anxiety . I have a meltdown at 4:00 every day followed by 2-3 unscheduled every hour til I go to sleep. I can’t stand the face pain but my doc tells me not to stop because it takes time to work !"

Smm (taken for less than 1 month) January 2, 2019

"My doctor recommended I try Buspirone out to help with my anxiety so I don't have to take my Ativan all the time. I was extremely reluctant because I don't like trying new medications and I'm terrified of feeling out of it and crazy side effects. I was prescribed 10mg once a day for a daily regimen, me being reluctant of new meds I broke it into 1/3 and took 1/3 of the 10mg for a few days, then went to 1/2 for a few days. I then tried 3/4 of a pill and did not like how it made me feel, kind of "high" and out of it. So I went back to 5mg and I've been taking it for 3 months now. It really has helped me tremendously, I haven't had to take my Ativan hardly at all, maybe twice in the past 3 months. The only side effects I have noticed is mild teeth chattering and jaw clenching. I'm also on 150mg of Zoloft, 15mg of remeron, along with the 1mg Ativan (as needed) I mentioned above. The Buspirone has dramatically decreased my every day anxieties and panic attacks by at least 75%."

Cbs810 December 12, 2018

"My Dr. Started me on this when I was going thru a hard time at work and had such racing thoughts I could not sleep. Or if I did in 2-3 hrs I was awake again. My mind still racing and now tired on top of it all! I take 5mg as needed, maybe 3X a day, it works great! At first, I may feel a little foggy in the head, but it passes quickly. It seems like I can face my day the bad issues and all without feeling tense, stressed and sweating, with out the mind racing all night. Its non-addicting and if I don't use it for a few days or lower the dose....I don't feel any worse for having changed things up. What do you have to lose? Try it, its inexpensive and give yourself some peace of mind."

Bentleys Mim (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 4, 2018

"I live in an area where there are a lot of drug addicts so they didn't want to prescribe me a benzo. I took this because my PTSD had been so out of control. I was hopeful, but slowly realized my anxiety was 100 times worse on it. I kept taking it, thinking maybe it just wasn't kicking in yet. Next thing I knew I was scared to go to the store and I felt like people were watching me when I was alone in my house. I'd check and double check my windows were closed. My vision would vibrate and I felt dizzy and constantly dehydrated with a headache. It was absolutely terrible. I weaned myself off of it because I couldn't wait for my next psych appt. Now I'm back to just taking my lamictal and I feel loads better. Did nothing for me when it came to panic attacks. I need something I can take as needed"

Anon December 4, 2018

BuSpar (buspirone): "this drug does not work, end of story..."

jeff (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 28, 2018

"This drug has given me my life back. When I was first prescribed this medication it was the morning after an ER visit for a intense panic attack. I was in the midst of a nervous breakdown and struggling to even leave my home. It's been roughly 2-3 months and I'm now able to function basically normally. I don't believe any drug is a miracle worker but this one truly saved my life. I added it to Lexapro in which I've been on for years and added in a ton of therapy to help give me coping skills and tools to move forward. It is a class B medication so it's safe for nursing mom's as well which is wonderful. I suggest everyone dealing with panic or anxiety give this drug a try."

D (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 27, 2018

BuSpar (buspirone): "Taken for: GAD, potential panic disorder Did not help me, Side effects - strong. Immediate light headedness, would need to lay down for 30 mins to an hour Slightly reduced in intensity but did not subside for me, even after 3 months. Did not effectively treat anxiety (GAD)"

Matt446 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 18, 2018

BuSpar (buspirone): "I have used Buspar for 10 yrs I take 60 mg by taking 20mg in morning 20mg in the afternoon and 20mg at bedtime. It helps me sleep and I have energy all day. My anxiety is never over a 1 on a scale of 1-10. I love this medication it goes well with my Viibryd 40mg."

Mak73 (taken for 10 years or more) November 15, 2018

"I have been taking buspirone for almost a year and a half. I was nervous to take anything stronger after coming off Ativan, and stayed just on buspirone for a year before deciding to add Pristiq. It is the perfect combo for me. Buspirone alone definitely took the edge off my daily anxiety but in high-stress situations it just wasn't enough. I was taking 25 mg daily. I now take 10mg daily, only at night, and 50 mg of Pristiq. I feel a lot more stable. My side effects are increased skin sensitivity and more vivid dreams. I did have brain fog after taking it during the day (which would last about a half-hour after I'd take it) but once I started taking Pristiq at night that stopped. I recommend trying it-- it's so safe and has so few side effects that it's an easy bet. The worst-case scenario is that it won't work, in my mind. It's also VERY cheap-- I paid less than $8 for a month's supply and I have awful insurance."

EJK November 13, 2018

BuSpar (buspirone): "I started the medication for my anxiety and bipolar. The first dose was not bad, but the second dose it took my 2 hours before I could get up, I was so dizzy and light headed. Made my panic attacks worse and felt so spaced out. I have a terrible headache that keeps coming and going."

Worried (taken for less than 1 month) November 5, 2018

"Life changed. Lexapro 20mg and buspirone 15mg/ twice a day for almost 2 years. I have felt a difference for a while now, but it’s finally completely working for me. I am the happiest I have been in a very long time. I’m a better Mother, wife and person. OCD could get better, but I’m optimist that it will kick its butt too."

T (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 1, 2018

"After starting buspirone I didn't pay much attention to it. But I have noticed after I skipped several days of dosing meds that my thoughts was getting too intense about problem that I was going through - to the point where you get very angry, depressed, almost suicidal. That state felt for more than 20 hours until I realized that I had to take med again. After I took 10mg buspirone my brain started to not getting into much detail what I was thinking. Just looses a focus, sharpness of mind, like you are loosing extra short memory where all thoughts are starting. It will help in keeping your mind not getting to worry about something but costs you the price of memory and concentration."

Tester - healthy October 17, 2018

BuSpar (buspirone): "My doctors were reluctant to put me on benzos because I had a brief history of drug use. They offered buspar as an alternative, it was one of if not the worst medication I’ve ever taken. It felt like Benadryl that created the most uncomfortable physical sensation and the only thing I could do was lay down in bed and wait for it to wear off. Not recommended."

PanchoVilla (taken for less than 1 month) October 14, 2018

"I have been on buspar for 2 years and it has made my life easier. Very good medication for severe anxiety out in crowded places or the city life. I am able to go out now and can handle doing things I could never do before due to my anxiety. Unfortunately it is starting to be a bit less effective than when I first got on it but it has made a big difference in my life. A wonderful medication!!"

Doddling (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 13, 2018

BuSpar (buspirone): "This medication has been a godsend for me. I'm unable to take SSRIs or SNRIs and had recently increased my dose of Wellbutrin XL (which had driven up my anxiety). The Buspar has significantly improved my anxiety symptoms and I find myself happier and more outgoing since starting it. It has mild sexual side effects on me but they are quite tolerable compared to what I have experienced in the past (if there's any chance a med like this will cause sexual side effects on somebody, I seem guaranteed to have them, no matter how small the chances). Buspar has also caused exertional headaches for me. I'm not a fan of needing to take it twice per day but it is a small tablet and easy enough to keep with me in a key fob."

fhjbcgjb (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 12, 2018

"Whenever I take it I feel like I was high I would be so completely out of it that if I wasn't somewhere where I could go lay down I would go crazy. It would make me so sleepy. When I was on it the next day I didn't remember what happened to myself after taking it or I wouldn't remember how I feel asleep or remembering walking in my house to go to bed. Just a complete blackout. People would tell me and I wouldn't remember. It didn't do anything to help my anxiety all it did was get me so drugged up that it would knock me out into a deep sleep. Wake up feeling like I couldn't breathe"

Katie (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 7, 2018

"I had the same experience as kat5528 on September 21, 2018. I wasn't myself at all on it. I would be mad at my kids for no reason and cry for no reason. It was nuts on this med. Hated it so did my kids."

Shygirl83 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 5, 2018

"This medicine may work well for some people, but I wanted to share my experience because it wasn’t pleasant. After 2 weeks of taking buspirone, I thought I was going to die. One morning at work I noticed heart palpitations, then got extremely dizzy and almost passed out three times before a coworker brought me to urgent care. I stayed very dizzy with severe anxiety / panic attack’s that lasted for a week. I had to miss several days of work. This was the first time I had experienced anything like this."

Dave (taken for less than 1 month) September 24, 2018

BuSpar (buspirone): "This drug has been a miracle for me. I have all the symptoms of what one physician termed "profound anxiety." NO DOCTOR until I found the right psychiatrist had even mentioned this drug. I've tried a lot of both tricyclic and SSRI and SNRI meds. All they did was give me side effects that made me feel worse. The benzodiazepines are addictive and not for a long term fix since their side effects and lasting effects are not good for the aging brain (I'm 75.)"

Leporello (Don Giovanni's man) (taken for less than 1 month) September 22, 2018

"So far it hasn't done anything other than decrease my anxiety by about 10%. I'm still having almost constant anxiety mixed with common occurrences of panic attacks."

Jkirch1234 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 21, 2018

"My Psychiatrist prescribed 10mg twice daily. I was so irritable on this medication. I was mad at my family for no reason. The littlest thing would make me so angry I would start to cry. I wasn’t me on this medication plus it brought on more anxiety. I continued to take the medication for about 4 weeks to see if that side effect would subside but I couldn’t take it any longer. I haven’t been able to find any other person with that side effect. This medication does work for a lot of people so don’t get discouraged!"

Kat5528 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 21, 2018

BuSpar (buspirone): "I am extremely thankful this drug exists. It has changed my life. I suffer from PTSD from a previous illness and it has relieved my anxiety, 5 years of muscle tension and given me a clear mind. Really mild side effects at 20MG a day."

A (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 20, 2018

BuSpar (buspirone): "I actually felt a difference the second day but, it did take over a week to really work. I had severe anxiety from PTSD, after about 9 days on it....I feel so much better! Don't even need anti depressants now, honestly."

Liz (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 15, 2018

"every time I take buspirone it clouds my brain and I have ringing in my ears. I don't take it anymore. Switched to sertraline and duloxetine"

cstat (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 12, 2018

BuSpar (buspirone): "Why do I not feel good in the morning but I do feel good in afternoon. Take same dosage of buspar in morning as in afternoon"

Sound mind September 12, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...

Learn more about Anxiety