User Reviews for Buspirone

Also known as: BuSpar, Vanspar

Buspirone Rating Summary

6.2/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 177 medications used in the treatment of Anxiety.

Reviews for Buspirone to treat Anxiety

BuSpar (buspirone): "I actually felt a difference the second day but, it did take over a week to really work. I had severe anxiety from PTSD, after about 9 days on it....I feel so much better! Don't even need anti depressants now, honestly."

Liz (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 15, 2018

"every time I take buspirone it clouds my brain and I have ringing in my ears. I don't take it anymore. Switched to sertraline and duloxetine"

cstat (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 12, 2018

BuSpar (buspirone): "Why do I not feel good in the morning but I do feel good in afternoon. Take same dosage of buspar in morning as in afternoon"

Sound mind September 12, 2018

"Works!!!Had immediate results. No panic attacks, but must remember same time everyday with food!"

Sam (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 12, 2018

"I'm currently prescribed 15mg three times a day. My experience is that you can feel it's "effects" in 20 minutes, the effects for me are as follows: some sort of fuzzy sensation of waves being pulsed through my body every 10 seconds or so, I should mention the sensations of electricity waves would be at a pain level of 0, it's not painful as much as it is a bit annoying, the main annoyance being I've found that it makes standing up or moving quickly after sitting down make you feel out of breath, for example sometimes I'll have to brace myself and grab onto something as to not almost collapse. I'm 22. It has also very much so increased my overall libido . I don't notice any panic/anxiety/avoidance reduction effects, even at peak plasma concentration, I've come to the conclusion it doesn't seem to help my troublesome symptoms."

phoneazr (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 8, 2018

"Didn't helped at all just made my anxiety worse and gave me bad headaches and no energy only on it for three weeks"

Chris (taken for less than 1 month) September 1, 2018

BuSpar (buspirone): "Did not really do anything except make me feel a bit dizzy, unfortunately."

baillie (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 30, 2018

"When my doctor talked with me about this medication I was a little skeptical about the drug it’s self. But before I buckled down and decided to go see a doctor, about 2-3 months prior I’d be dealing with a very horrible life experience at the age of 23 years old I had just undergone a horrible very traumatic experience that involved a wreck in an semi truck, that knocked me out stone cold. I was knocked on the left side of my temple and received cuts in my head. I was having bad anxiety, panic attacks after the wreck, went to visit a doctor who prescribes this medication Busiprone I gave it a chance tried it, stayed on the prescription a little over a year. It was definitely helping me. I unfortunately couldn’t get the next refill of it. There are days I feel as if I know it would help me greatly now and I could really use it today and there are days I know it would help me, 100% ."

DoubleTrouble-texasTruckerJess (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 28, 2018

BuSpar (buspirone): "I was first prescribed Buspar a few years ago when my anxiety was much, much worse and neither my doctor nor I wanted me to start taking benzos. About a year into it I stopped taking it because it was making me a little too relaxed during the day, but I started it again last fall at a lower dose and I've only had positive experiences with it since. I will say it's probably more for milder GAD. I am now dealing with some pretty fresh PTSD after a violent assault a couple years ago and I've found the combination of Buspar and Lamictal to be perfect for this. I have a very high tolerance so I can't speak to any of the negative side effects, but I can say that this is milder than most but still effective enough to continue taking."

orangetoday (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 26, 2018

BuSpar (buspirone): "30 mg day, age 70, female, white with lifelong chronic depression, +anxiety=bipolar. I have had 40 years of psych med, individual therapy & my 2 pm 10mg gets me thru day w/o suicidal thoughts. + 30 yrs drag as multiple personalities. Have tried it all"

Sllm (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 19, 2018

"I'm supposed to take 5mg twice a day but I wanted to start with just 5 mg once a day to see if there were any side effects and I must admit there are with only 1 dose a day so I'm definitely apprehensive about taking it twice a day. The main thing I have noticed is dizziness! Its horrible, I take it in the middle of day so I don't drive but I do have to drive for work sometimes so I'm not sure I can take this drug if the dizziness keeps up. Does the dizziness go away?"

Kel (taken for less than 1 month) August 13, 2018

BuSpar (buspirone): "I've always had crippling anxiety. This medication relieves me from my anxiety without taking a scheduled medication (Xanax, Valium, Ativan, etc) and coming up in a drug screen. This medication hasn't taken my anxiety totally away (and everyone has a normal amount of anxiety), but it has diminished significantly. I've had no side effects while on this medication (I take 60mg a day) and I've been taking it for about 6 years."

LA (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 12, 2018

BuSpar (buspirone): "My Dr. prescribed Buspar 5 . I felt drugged with no energy. Now taking 2.5 twice a day and feel more relaxed and energetic. Experiment with different doses before you give up. The Dr. doesn't have a clue what dose you can tolerate as everyone is different"

joe August 8, 2018

"I started on 10mg and it has done very little for me. My doc has upped it to 20 mg but this drug feels like a placebo. It’s done nothing to ease my PTSD symptoms and I am feeling very despondent about it , I will give it a zero for relief , the only thing it’s doing is make the big pharma rich ."

Ptsd loser (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 8, 2018

"I started with 10 mg 3 times a day for anxiety and panic disorder. Related to Asperger's syndrome. It didn't help fully it and was still way out of control, so they added Xanax to take with it. For the first few months not much help still having high tension and anxiety. At this point in time I'm taking 30 mg 3 times a day of buspar with about .50 mg of xanax 4 times a day. It is a bit more stable but my tics are coming back and so are my triggers for the asperger's. Its like riding a bull and weighing my options."

NIf (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 7, 2018

"Feeling angry and still have lots of anxiety. Trouble sleeping taking 10mg in morning and late afternoon. It's been almost 4 months and still anxious. Started Lamictal 3 weeks ago. Not sure if there is an interaction."

Concerned3 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 31, 2018

"Buspirone did absolutely nothing for my generalized anxiety disorder, no positives and no negatives, just nothing. I started on 5mg and over 8 weeks increased to 40mg, still felt no different so just stopped. I was gutted as it seemed a safer option than antidepressants. I would not recommend."

Over it!! (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 31, 2018

"I currently take 5mg of buspirone before bedtime. I have taken this drug for about 4 months. After a couple weeks, I felt it helped with my anxiety. I am now feeling very anxious on a daily basis. I feel unbalanced and unsteady. My blood pressure is good and no signs of any other medical issues. I feel dizziness daily. I’m wondering if anyone else has had these experiences on buspirone? My doctor ordered a carotid ultrasound and CT scan. She never suggested that it could possibly be the buspirone. I called the pharmacist today and they said busiprone can be stopped or taper taking my dose every other day. I’m sick of feeling anxious, dizzy, and unsteady. Again, has anyone experienced these side effects? Thanks,"

Snowbird (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 30, 2018

BuSpar (buspirone): "BuSpar has significantly reduced general anxiety in my life. The first couple weeks, I felt a little out of it, almost buzzed, especially when going from 10mg to 20mg, but nothing unmanageable. To this day, I still have this sporadic and strange eye pressure that comes after I take a pill, but it's usually gone within 15 minutes. BuSpar helped me through what otherwise would have probably been an extremely stressful divorce. The number of thoughts of imagined scenarios that rarely happen have been eliminated to almost zero. I'm also much more social and as such, confident. It hasn't helped with some things like adrenaline and subsequent anxiety from things like public speaking, but that's why there's Xanax. It's not a cure all, but it's still 10/10 if you have general anxiety."

It Works (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 22, 2018

BuSpar (buspirone): "It works alright on my days off when I'm not doing much. But when I have a busy day and I have to be out in public it doesn't do much at all for my anxiety."

AllyGator09 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 1, 2018

BuSpar (buspirone): "They recently increased my dosage by only 5 mg. With disastrous results. Big increase in anxiety attacks. Bad Drug. Caused me to experience 5 anxiety attacks in 24 Hours! A new record for the number of anxiety attacks that I’ve ever had in 24 Hours! And they want to slowly increase it to 60 mg a Day. No way! Feel like rubbish! And that’s just with a small increase!"

Wheels (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 27, 2018

"This medicine actually increases my anxiety and makes sleeping so hard to obtain."

Boss (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 27, 2018

BuSpar (buspirone): "Definitely curbs my generalized anxiety, and helps with my social anxiety, it’s not a cure all, as I still have insomnia but it has definitely improved my quality of life. SSRIs never worked for me because I felt like my depression was rooted in anxiety and not the other way around, plus SSRIs gave me panic attacks and so did trazadone after two weeks. I take 1/2 a 7.5 as soon as I wake up and then I take another half again a couple hours later then a whole one a couple hours before bed. The first two or thee days it made me feel slightly funny but it’s definitely beginning to level off and I’m definitely much more content, less rumination, and a general feeling of well-being this far..."

oe_cm (taken for less than 1 month) June 15, 2018

"I have started this medication generic from manufacturer Mylan and had bad reactions by 10 fold but I had stuck it out hoping it would work. Then I had received my next prescription from a different maker - came in a bar form and to my surprise this was a total different feel of medication. "How is this possible? More of a sedative feeling instead of such anxiety over the top which worried me so much that I decide I have to stop this medication and ween off. It's disturbing to think you want to get better but how can you if the generics you are prescribed are different from each other. I go through Kaiser and so far disappointed with how things are all handled. Stick with one manufacturer not multiple different manufacturers of a medication as they are different..."

Marie June 10, 2018

BuSpar (buspirone): "I have been down a long road. I had gotten inappropriate sinus tachycardia with stopping a beta blocker. And was put in another heart medicine to control my heart rate with less weaning side effects. Anyways they diagnosed me IST (Inappropriate Sinus Tachycardia). But since being off the medicine my heart rate has been fine. Not over 100 bpm. Anyways took 2.5 mg of buspar last night and my heart rate has been under control. I just want to cry cause I haven't seen my heart normal without being on a heart medicine even then it didn't really help much. I guess I found my miracle drug and my heart rate was due to anxiety since doctors give me high anxiety and panic"

Cassyroach91 (taken for less than 1 month) May 23, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...

Learn more about Anxiety