User Reviews for Buspirone systemic

Also known as: BuSpar, Vanspar

Buspirone Rating Summary

6.2/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 177 medications used in the treatment of Anxiety.

Reviews for Buspirone to treat Anxiety

BuSpar (buspirone): "I started the medication for my anxiety and bipolar. The first dose was not bad, but the second dose it took my 2 hours before I could get up, I was so dizzy and light headed. Made my panic attacks worse and felt so spaced out. I have a terrible headache that keeps coming and going."

Worried (taken for less than 1 month) November 5, 2018

"Life changed. Lexapro 20mg and buspirone 15mg/ twice a day for almost 2 years. I have felt a difference for a while now, but it’s finally completely working for me. I am the happiest I have been in a very long time. I’m a better Mother, wife and person. OCD could get better, but I’m optimist that it will kick its butt too."

T (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 1, 2018

"After starting buspirone I didn't pay much attention to it. But I have noticed after I skipped several days of dosing meds that my thoughts was getting too intense about problem that I was going through - to the point where you get very angry, depressed, almost suicidal. That state felt for more than 20 hours until I realized that I had to take med again. After I took 10mg buspirone my brain started to not getting into much detail what I was thinking. Just looses a focus, sharpness of mind, like you are loosing extra short memory where all thoughts are starting. It will help in keeping your mind not getting to worry about something but costs you the price of memory and concentration."

Tester - healthy October 17, 2018

BuSpar (buspirone): "My doctors were reluctant to put me on benzos because I had a brief history of drug use. They offered buspar as an alternative, it was one of if not the worst medication I’ve ever taken. It felt like Benadryl that created the most uncomfortable physical sensation and the only thing I could do was lay down in bed and wait for it to wear off. Not recommended."

PanchoVilla (taken for less than 1 month) October 14, 2018

"I have been on buspar for 2 years and it has made my life easier. Very good medication for severe anxiety out in crowded places or the city life. I am able to go out now and can handle doing things I could never do before due to my anxiety. Unfortunately it is starting to be a bit less effective than when I first got on it but it has made a big difference in my life. A wonderful medication!!"

Doddling (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 13, 2018

BuSpar (buspirone): "This medication has been a godsend for me. I'm unable to take SSRIs or SNRIs and had recently increased my dose of Wellbutrin XL (which had driven up my anxiety). The Buspar has significantly improved my anxiety symptoms and I find myself happier and more outgoing since starting it. It has mild sexual side effects on me but they are quite tolerable compared to what I have experienced in the past (if there's any chance a med like this will cause sexual side effects on somebody, I seem guaranteed to have them, no matter how small the chances). Buspar has also caused exertional headaches for me. I'm not a fan of needing to take it twice per day but it is a small tablet and easy enough to keep with me in a key fob."

fhjbcgjb (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 12, 2018

"Whenever I take it I feel like I was high I would be so completely out of it that if I wasn't somewhere where I could go lay down I would go crazy. It would make me so sleepy. When I was on it the next day I didn't remember what happened to myself after taking it or I wouldn't remember how I feel asleep or remembering walking in my house to go to bed. Just a complete blackout. People would tell me and I wouldn't remember. It didn't do anything to help my anxiety all it did was get me so drugged up that it would knock me out into a deep sleep. Wake up feeling like I couldn't breathe"

Katie (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 7, 2018

"I had the same experience as kat5528 on September 21, 2018. I wasn't myself at all on it. I would be mad at my kids for no reason and cry for no reason. It was nuts on this med. Hated it so did my kids."

Shygirl83 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 5, 2018

"This medicine may work well for some people, but I wanted to share my experience because it wasn’t pleasant. After 2 weeks of taking buspirone, I thought I was going to die. One morning at work I noticed heart palpitations, then got extremely dizzy and almost passed out three times before a coworker brought me to urgent care. I stayed very dizzy with severe anxiety / panic attack’s that lasted for a week. I had to miss several days of work. This was the first time I had experienced anything like this."

Dave (taken for less than 1 month) September 24, 2018

BuSpar (buspirone): "This drug has been a miracle for me. I have all the symptoms of what one physician termed "profound anxiety." NO DOCTOR until I found the right psychiatrist had even mentioned this drug. I've tried a lot of both tricyclic and SSRI and SNRI meds. All they did was give me side effects that made me feel worse. The benzodiazepines are addictive and not for a long term fix since their side effects and lasting effects are not good for the aging brain (I'm 75.)"

Leporello (Don Giovanni's man) (taken for less than 1 month) September 22, 2018

"So far it hasn't done anything other than decrease my anxiety by about 10%. I'm still having almost constant anxiety mixed with common occurrences of panic attacks."

Jkirch1234 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 21, 2018

"My Psychiatrist prescribed 10mg twice daily. I was so irritable on this medication. I was mad at my family for no reason. The littlest thing would make me so angry I would start to cry. I wasn’t me on this medication plus it brought on more anxiety. I continued to take the medication for about 4 weeks to see if that side effect would subside but I couldn’t take it any longer. I haven’t been able to find any other person with that side effect. This medication does work for a lot of people so don’t get discouraged!"

Kat5528 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 21, 2018

BuSpar (buspirone): "I am extremely thankful this drug exists. It has changed my life. I suffer from PTSD from a previous illness and it has relieved my anxiety, 5 years of muscle tension and given me a clear mind. Really mild side effects at 20MG a day."

A (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 20, 2018

BuSpar (buspirone): "I actually felt a difference the second day but, it did take over a week to really work. I had severe anxiety from PTSD, after about 9 days on it....I feel so much better! Don't even need anti depressants now, honestly."

Liz (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 15, 2018

"every time I take buspirone it clouds my brain and I have ringing in my ears. I don't take it anymore. Switched to sertraline and duloxetine"

cstat (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 12, 2018

BuSpar (buspirone): "Why do I not feel good in the morning but I do feel good in afternoon. Take same dosage of buspar in morning as in afternoon"

Sound mind September 12, 2018

"Works!!!Had immediate results. No panic attacks, but must remember same time everyday with food!"

Sam (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 12, 2018

"I'm currently prescribed 15mg three times a day. My experience is that you can feel it's "effects" in 20 minutes, the effects for me are as follows: some sort of fuzzy sensation of waves being pulsed through my body every 10 seconds or so, I should mention the sensations of electricity waves would be at a pain level of 0, it's not painful as much as it is a bit annoying, the main annoyance being I've found that it makes standing up or moving quickly after sitting down make you feel out of breath, for example sometimes I'll have to brace myself and grab onto something as to not almost collapse. I'm 22. It has also very much so increased my overall libido . I don't notice any panic/anxiety/avoidance reduction effects, even at peak plasma concentration, I've come to the conclusion it doesn't seem to help my troublesome symptoms."

phoneazr (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 8, 2018

"Didn't helped at all just made my anxiety worse and gave me bad headaches and no energy only on it for three weeks"

Chris (taken for less than 1 month) September 1, 2018

BuSpar (buspirone): "Did not really do anything except make me feel a bit dizzy, unfortunately."

baillie (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 30, 2018

"When my doctor talked with me about this medication I was a little skeptical about the drug it’s self. But before I buckled down and decided to go see a doctor, about 2-3 months prior I’d be dealing with a very horrible life experience at the age of 23 years old I had just undergone a horrible very traumatic experience that involved a wreck in an semi truck, that knocked me out stone cold. I was knocked on the left side of my temple and received cuts in my head. I was having bad anxiety, panic attacks after the wreck, went to visit a doctor who prescribes this medication Busiprone I gave it a chance tried it, stayed on the prescription a little over a year. It was definitely helping me. I unfortunately couldn’t get the next refill of it. There are days I feel as if I know it would help me greatly now and I could really use it today and there are days I know it would help me, 100% ."

DoubleTrouble-texasTruckerJess (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 28, 2018

BuSpar (buspirone): "I was first prescribed Buspar a few years ago when my anxiety was much, much worse and neither my doctor nor I wanted me to start taking benzos. About a year into it I stopped taking it because it was making me a little too relaxed during the day, but I started it again last fall at a lower dose and I've only had positive experiences with it since. I will say it's probably more for milder GAD. I am now dealing with some pretty fresh PTSD after a violent assault a couple years ago and I've found the combination of Buspar and Lamictal to be perfect for this. I have a very high tolerance so I can't speak to any of the negative side effects, but I can say that this is milder than most but still effective enough to continue taking."

orangetoday (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 26, 2018

BuSpar (buspirone): "30 mg day, age 70, female, white with lifelong chronic depression, +anxiety=bipolar. I have had 40 years of psych med, individual therapy & my 2 pm 10mg gets me thru day w/o suicidal thoughts. + 30 yrs drag as multiple personalities. Have tried it all"

Sllm (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 19, 2018

"I'm supposed to take 5mg twice a day but I wanted to start with just 5 mg once a day to see if there were any side effects and I must admit there are with only 1 dose a day so I'm definitely apprehensive about taking it twice a day. The main thing I have noticed is dizziness! Its horrible, I take it in the middle of day so I don't drive but I do have to drive for work sometimes so I'm not sure I can take this drug if the dizziness keeps up. Does the dizziness go away?"

Kel (taken for less than 1 month) August 13, 2018

BuSpar (buspirone): "I've always had crippling anxiety. This medication relieves me from my anxiety without taking a scheduled medication (Xanax, Valium, Ativan, etc) and coming up in a drug screen. This medication hasn't taken my anxiety totally away (and everyone has a normal amount of anxiety), but it has diminished significantly. I've had no side effects while on this medication (I take 60mg a day) and I've been taking it for about 6 years."

LA (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 12, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...

Learn more about Anxiety