User Reviews for Lorazepam

Also known as: Ativan, Lorazepam Intensol

Learn more about Lorazepam.

Dysautonomia 1 reviews 53 medications

Cervical Dystonia 4 reviews 6 medications

7.5
Summary of Lorazepam reviews 506 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Lorazepam

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I've got severe anxiety and panic attacks. I've been using lorazepam/avitan for a couple years now to help stop my panic attacks. I can always count on it to work. Last night my anxiety was through the roof. My mind wouldn't stop racing, my chest hurt, and it felt like I was being stabbed in the gut repeatedly. I want to cry but I knew if I did I would for sure have an attack and wasn't sure if I could cope right since I was home alone. I keep a vial of my prescription on my keys and took one tablet. In about half an hour I no longer felt like I was dying and was able to get some rest a little after that. I think if I didn't have this med I would have ended up at the hospital last night."

Jaderade August 23, 2016

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I was super against taking medication. I've started dealing with anxiety (some depression) for awhile now. I got prescribed Ativan months ago, and never took it. I thought I could handle myself again but then my relationship started to fail because of my over thinking. I went back to the doctor, and decided to try it. She prescribed me .50 3 times a day. I took a full one at night after a bad panic attack, and within 30 minutes I was calm and slept through the entire night. I have only been taking a half morning and mid afternoon and full at night because it does make you feel tired. My brain is in a slight fog, but nothing crazy, I still know whats going on though :) Give it a try if you are suffering. You will know after 1."

kstew.321 August 16, 2016

For Anxiety: "Before I explain, let me start off by saying; I do not take meds, not even for a headache.. this is a very rare circumstance. My Dr knows this and will ask me if I'm going to fill the prescription as to not waste either of our time. I usually say no and we discuss non medicinal ways to cope. This time I said yes and got .5mg lorazepam and in the 3 days I've taken them I'm more anxious!"

DealWithIt (taken for less than 1 month) August 15, 2016

For Anxiety: "The withdrawal of this medicine was very close to my image of hell. It was awful and lasted one whole month. Awful. Sweats. Insomnia. Shakes. Hallucinations. Panic. Spaced out. Pain. Depression Not worth it at all. So sad humans have to experience such pain"

Ben26394 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 11, 2016

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I started off at .50 mg then to 1mg before bed. I had many issues going on in life and I was having trouble falling asleep. This helped in the beginning, but my dose is going up and up. I admit, I take this more than I should, so I understand there's an addictive nature to this. Just be careful, and talk to your doctor if you notice that. The best part of this drug; I get a good night sleep and I'm not waking up 3x a night."

AnSF99 August 1, 2016

For Panic Disorder: "Had a full blown panic attack about 4 months ago and went to the ER. Had no idea what one was until the doctor pumping me full of Ativan explained that I wasn't actually dying. He literally brought me back from panic land. Unfortunately the anxiety attacks didn't stop there and I got a script for this without understanding how addicting these are. Now I'm taking 1.5mg a day with little to no effect. At this point I'm just avoiding withdrawal symptoms. I also have to avoid alcohol like the plague or risk respiratory failure. But that's the case with any benzo. Take this medication very seldom and you'll be just fine. Taking it on a schedule (or for more than 2-4 weeks) is what gets you addicted."

Crescentelite (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 27, 2016

For Anxiety: "When I took it for the first two weeks it was a miracle worker. I would feel better within 45 minutes but I seem to grow use to it because although it still clams me down it doesn't completely relax me. I take one milligram as needed. I definitely keep it on me at all times."

Luna93 (taken for less than 1 month) July 17, 2016

For Anxiety: "If you're using this drug for anxiety make sure you read up on it before you use it for more then an occasional anxiety-fix. Even at the minimal dosage, using this stuff daily for even a week will cause problems. Namely - it CAUSES anxiety. From what I've read this is a dependence that develops - either (or both) physical or mental. After only a few times you get accustomed to it "fixing" your situation. Your body adjusts for the GABA boost, and then "crashes" - resulting in anxiety. Very bad loop to get in. Warning signs: you're counting the # hours the med will still be working (about 6 total), you're watching the clock for when you might be able to take another pill, you always carry a pill in your pocket, etc. Those are bad signs."

Anonymous July 15, 2016

For Anxiety: "I had hyperthyroidism which was diagnosed when I was 37 . The hyperthyroidism gave me anxiety specially after knowing I had it. Would go to the ER thinking I was having a heart attack or stroke and was checked always and nothing was wrong. My anxiety attacks were so bad I once was taken in an ambulance with my feet and hands numb and blood pressure through the roof. Was given by a doctor in the ER 1 mg of lorazepam and felt the difference within 20 minutes.My thyroid got burned of and I take 1 mg in the morning and really can get through the day with no issues. Take sometimes .5 mg at night as I don't have sleep issues. After almost 2 years I feel like lorazepam has almost gotten me stable and going to start tapering off.Its a life saver."

Miami Girl July 15, 2016

Ativan (lorazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I have used this for about a year now. I used to be on a high dose of xanax for several years but my new Dr. Didn't agree with that, so here I am on adivan. I don't feel as if it helps with anxiety that well. It takes a high dose for me when I have panic attacks. Most definitely not used for sleep."

Smari3dee (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 11, 2016

For Anxiety: "Good"

William 717171 July 9, 2016

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Hey Everyone, I take 2mg of Ativan a day. 1 mg in the morning and 1 mg at night before bed. I have been diagnosed with Severe Panic Attack and Depression. Lorazepam (Generic brand for Ativan) does help me. Understand that the effects for any medication is going to vary person to person. I don't get sleepy in the morning when I take it, but it does help me get a good night's sleep at night when I'm tired. Also, I do want to say: Recently, my pharmacy didn't give me the exact amount of pills of Ativan, so I have been off of it "cold turkey" because I ran out and the withdrawal symptoms can be a hellish. Note: Anybody can be dependent on any medication/drug. Talk to your Psychiatrist. REMEMBER...everyone responds to medication differently."

You.are.not.alone July 8, 2016

For Anxiety: "My wife had a heart attack, at the hospital, she went into arithmia and flat lined in front of me, they saved her but it took chest compressions and being shocked with paddles. Before this happened I never had a anxiety attack in my life, but not even a week later I ended up going to the ER thinking I was having a heart attack, it was a anxiety attack, they gave me lorenzapam 1mg, but I wouldn't take them, attacks came and went for the next 2 weeks, then I was sure I was having a heart attack one day, after thoroughly checking me out at ER again, it was another anxiety attack. They gave me a lorenzapam 1 mg, with in 10 min symptoms severely reduced, after an hour, gone. I now take only if needed, they definitely work for me."

Anonymous July 7, 2016

For Insomnia: "DO NOT take benzos for insomnia - they work great, until you reach tolerance, and then you go into full withdrawal unless you up the dose considerably. By then you probably will have already found the dirty underside of this terrible drug, which is agoraphobia, brutal insomnia, loss of motivation and stunning depression. Next, you'll find out that you cannot withdraw from this drug in a reasonable manner, and the required tapering-off methods could take years. During withdrawal you will have the worst insomnia imaginable, for months on end, and nothing will relieve it, except more benzos than any doctor will prescribe. Don't even start on this evil drug. If you think this is an overreaction, Google "benzodiazepine withdrawal"."

BenzoWD1974 July 6, 2016

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I recently experienced a week of panic attacks. The first 3 times I took a pill...they were .5, it worked and I could calm down. After that the small dose did not work and I landed in the ER. I take nothing else and haven't taken any other benzo in years. I'd like to give it a lower rating due to the fact that dependency happens so fast if you aren't careful and can't cope other ways. They are definitely a bandaid. They do work though to stop panic . Just be careful and only take as necessary. Side effect..calm and sleepy..in a daze. Took an hour for them to kick in also."

Tuffygal (taken for less than 1 month) July 6, 2016

For Insomnia: "Ativan/Lorazipam provides a very sound, sustained sleep with few if any dreams. I have never had problems getting to sleep, but staying asleep was a real issue. Waking up at 4AM with an active mind and watching the sun rise knowing that I would crash at midday was a pain. Ativan (.5 mg or 1 mg splurge) helps me sleep until the alarm and I never feel weird or dopey in the AM. HOWEVER, be aware that your body and mind get conditioned, so don't take it nightly (or sleep won't come without it). The pros are the effectiveness and the lack of side affects. The cons are dependency/poor sleep without it. I use it maybe three times per week and it's fine, alternating a night or two. Never taken it in the day, likely never will."

therealmccloud July 1, 2016

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I have severe flight anxiety and was prescribed Ativan 5-10 years ago to take before flights. It works really well, and gives me this deep feeling of calm that helps me not panic on planes. I used to shake for an entire eight hour flight, and while my anxiety doesn't entirely disappear with a 2mg dose, it's vastly more manageable. I haven't really noticed any side effects aside from feeling sleepy and having my mind wander a bit."

Boopsoo June 29, 2016

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Taken it a few times/packets.. Found it did not much but was on other meds like concerta and suboxone... Taken now, at 2.5mg four times a day it's not xananx but it does the job if you are agitated or panicked"

God backwards June 29, 2016

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "DO YOUR RESEARCH BEFORE TAKING! Consult with your doctor but also be aware of the side effects involved. Symptoms include dizziness, fatigue, muscle weakness, slowed speech, muscle spasms, twitching / fidgeting, nightmares. Not for everyone."

TH1RT33N June 26, 2016

For Light Anesthesia: "I have extreme dental anxiety. The dentist prescribed 3 mg an hour prior to dental work along with a valium the evening before and the procedure went wonderful. I did not feel any pain although I was a bit loopy the rest of the day :) I went home after the procedure and went to bed. No lingering effects. I had 2 teeth pulled, deep cleaning, prep work for a bridge and a temporary bridge installed."

Auzzie2016 (taken for less than 1 month) June 16, 2016

For Insomnia: "I have very loud tinnitus (hissing-ringing in ears) from exposure to noise in submarine engine rooms for several years. I take 1/2 mg lorazepam at bedtime to let "sleep find me". I have been taking this for 4 years and have NO after effects. I wake up feeling awake and good. Some sleep meds leave me feeling "drugged" in the morning. No so for Ativan. It works well for me and I can stop (have done so at times) with no withdrawal symptoms other than not sleeping well. Good stuff for me. I am not an addictive type and went thru high school, Navy, college and 40 years of work and have NEVER used or tried recreational drugs. Thanks."

TomVIZ (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 12, 2016

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Works great! Been suffering with anxiety for a while now was very hesitant on taking any kind of medication was given this medication in the hospital and within 20 minutes I felt relaxed and calm wish I wasn't so hesitant and took it sooner. Great for when anxiety attack comes on"

Vickyyyyyy A June 3, 2016

For Anxiety: "Helps take the edge off, but also works fairly quickly. I like it better than Xanax because it seems to last longer."

Bengals June 2, 2016

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "Excellent for dealing with anxiety induced panic attacks, helped regulate mood swings, and really helped with sleep. However, tolerance builds up quickly and addiction is a serious concern. As such, it helped only as a short term solution to bridge the gap into a more stable regiment of medication."

Aaronson (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 2, 2016

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I take it as needed, I have depression and it gets out of control at time, I take 1 mg. and in 10 - 15 minutes I am ok."

Life long battle (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 29, 2016