User Reviews for Lorazepam

Also known as: Ativan, Lorazepam Intensol

Learn more about Lorazepam.

Dysautonomia 1 reviews 53 medications

Cervical Dystonia 4 reviews 6 medications

7.5
Summary of Lorazepam reviews 529 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Lorazepam

For Anxiety: "From (way) past experiences, lorazepam works better than diazepam (Valium) or alprazolam (Xanax) when comparing correctly converted dosages, administered for the same purposes of anxiolysis for clinically significant anxiety related to adjustment disorders, and potentization of concurrently administered fentanyl or other narcotic for outpatient procedures, whether of a surgical nature, or diagnostic and imaging procedures for an individual who may have difficulty remaining still for extended periods of time, as in an MRI. While midazolam (Versed) is the traditional benzo- favorite to be combined with fentanyl via IV, especially for the better retro- and anteriograde amnesia it usually provides, midazolam is difficult to obtain by pill."

Prof. VanNordstrom, the Clinic (taken for less than 1 month) December 5, 2016

For Anxiety: "I have been experiencing periodic anxiety attacks ever since my house caught on fire, five years ago. Doc initially prescribed two Ativan a day, one in the morning and one at night. It worked great, but I didn't like the drowsy side effect in the morning. But, I will tell you, it is a life saver to quell off an attack that's in full gear or one that you feel coming on. As I write this, I just woke up in the middle of an attack and took 1 mg and am starting to come down after an hour. I only take them as needed now, so I don't build up a tolerance to the medication. I hope this was helpful to a few of you that suffer out there too."

Eagle03 (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 28, 2016

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "An excellent medication, out of all meds I tried none were as effective for managing my PTSD symptoms. Completely prevented flashbacks and nightmares and anxiety at night and allowed me to fall asleep very calmly. However I can't give it a 10 because I gained tolerance to the doses incredibly quickly, meaning I had to keep raising the dose to get the same effect, which is dangerous because it is a drug you can become physically addicted to. I would highly recommend this med to those seeking a short term fix while they are becoming stable on another long term med, but would not recommend it as a long term fix due to tolerance and addiction possibilities."

Polinda (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 28, 2016

For Anxiety: "I took 2mg one night at the ER because I was having a panic attack and it worked quickly. But tonight I took 1mg before going to the mall on black friday because I knew it would be crowded and I'd get overwhelmed, so I took 1mg in advance before I went and it did nothing for me whatsoever. I left overwhelmed and very irritated after 15 minutes. I'm home now and feeling very irritated by the whole experience."

Scccc (taken for less than 1 month) November 25, 2016

For Anxiety: "So I've been dealing with anxiety for a while but never took anything for it until now. I've noticed that it has made me very tired, very drowsy, and dizzy. I like that I am not having anxiety attack but the side effects do concern me."

Daramjwichoi November 9, 2016

For Panic Disorder: "I take Ativan for panic attacks as well as general anxiety. I must say, it works very very well. When compared to Xanax, I think Xanax is more effective in stopping the panic attack but Ativan is better at just avoiding an attack altogether. It kicks in just as fast as Xanax but seems to linger in the system longer. So for me, when I took Xanax and was panicking I had to take, then I'd be great, then have to take again, etc. Ativan for me has been more smoother. I take and I am good. I do have to take a higher dosage than I would of Xanax but barely. I think this medication is great for panic and general anxiety though never try to take a benzo as a regimen. The withdrawals are dehabilitating!"

KyleFontenot (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 5, 2016

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I am on lexapro since I was 16, so for the past basically five years I've struggled with anxiety. My doctor decided about three weeks ago to give me ativan as a "break the glass kind of emergency" immediate anxiety relief. I've only used it twice since then and I don't know how to describe this medicine other than quiet. It makes everything so quiet. and for someone with anxiety, its a miracle. I've learned what the on-set of an attack looks like, and by taking this medicine within thirty minutes I am calm, collected and have completely avoided what might have been a mental breakdown. Honestly, this drug is such a life saver. It does make you a little sleepy but nothing at all unbearable. I can take it any time of the day. its amazing."

MahryT06 November 2, 2016

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Ativan is very good for anxiety. The trick is not to take it too often. I've found that I get used to dosages fast. I've also found that on the day following when I take it, I'm more tired, listless, and depressed. It's something to watch out for."

Owlem (taken for 10 years or more) October 30, 2016

For Panic Disorder: "I am 20, I started having anxiety attacks 3 months ago and I am now diagnosed with panic disorder. I was rushed by ambulance to the hospital and they gave me .05mg of Ativan. It calmed me down so fast and I felt better. Now I take it as needed and it saves me from cycling into a worse state during my attacks. I love it."

Smitherson October 25, 2016

For Sedation: "I have been prescribed lorazepam since I was first diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder Type II with Anxiety 6 years ago. I have been taking it on and off for 6 years. I take on average a 0.5 mg pill a day (usually before bed) and have not had any problems with addiction, side effects, etc. It really helps me fall asleep and feel relaxed when I am stressed out. Also works well for extreme irritability. I would definitely recommend this medication."

BipolarGirl31 (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 20, 2016

Ativan (lorazepam) for Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced: "It makes me vomit"

Choochy420 October 19, 2016

For Anxiety: "I was honestly writing for the last 30 mins while having an attack and I had taken one of my pills and I'm now sitting here "fine" ... also the page got closed and deleted all that I had been writing but it was probably for the better because I was honestly crying my heart out .."

Cody Munro October 17, 2016

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "About a week ago I experienced a somewhat traumatic event that kept me awake at night. I felt as soon as the sun went down my anxiety started to gradually rise until I had pain in my chest and was hypventilating. Nothing could calm me down or get me to sleep. I finally went to see my doctor and he gave me 10 days of Ativan. Last night was the first time I took one, or any benzo for that matter, and it was like a miracle worker. Within 10 minutes of taking one 0.5g sublingual tab it's like all the anxiety in me went out the window. I felt I still needed to control my thoughts to steer away from provoking an attack but it sincerely helped calm me down to a point where I felt safe and was able to sleep. Definitely recommend."

Noon999101 October 14, 2016

For Anxiety: "Lorazepam is a good medication in low doses for anxiety. Personally, if I took more than 1mg, I experienced dizziness, double vision, the exact side effects I have with Ambien, which I use for a completely different reason. However, it does calm you down. If I had to be specific, it slows down your thoughts. It doesn't get rid of them and put you in some euphoric state, but it helps significantly. Unfortunately this calmness for me came with side effects I'd expect from a sedative, even at low doses."

diceable (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 13, 2016

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I'm speaking from nearly 10 years suffering from severe generalized anxiety disorder and panic disorder. On a 1-10 scale, I'd say my anxiety is at a 12 on most days. My first panic attack brought me to the ER where I was introduced to the world of psychiatric meds, specifically, Ativan. What I will say to all of those who consider taking any benzodiazepines for their anxiety or panic attacks is that there is no benzo I would rather choose than Ativan. It provides not only relief from anxiety and panic attacks, but generally quells anxiety prone symptoms such as nausea, irritability etc., most effectively. I have never experienced much of a withdrawal effect, if at all, and the smaller half-life means less accumulation in your system."

MeepMeep92 (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 4, 2016

Ativan (lorazepam) for Panic Disorder: "Worked great and am able to continue as normal now !"

Cymberleigh October 4, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I am going through chemo for recurring lymphoma. Naturally there is anxiety involved, lack of sleep, nausea and complete lack of appetite. I have a tumour on the trachea and difficulty breathing. In the hospital I received Ativan which so profoundley help with all of the above: anxiety, nausea and breathing. I am SO grateful for this medication, it made my life bearable. Ativan enhances the effects of the anti-nausea drug by far. And the anti-anxiety help me breath better. It soothes the racing thoughts at night and I can sleep. All this on 1mg at night, no more. This tiny under-the-tongue is a miracle for me."

Saritali October 3, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting: "Severe motion sickness....nothing seemed to help. Meclizine and Zofran did OK but still nausea on a plane. Brought Lorazepam into the mix with the other two and WOW just like sitting in my living room no symptoms at all."

Anonymous September 29, 2016

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I have used this medicine for inner ear problems, dizziness, that causes anxiety for 15 years 1.5 mg per day along with 100mg of Zoloft with very little side efects. It has helped me live with stress and anxiety that I had with my ear problem. Yes the Doctors don't know why this helps with inner ear problem, but that is O.K. it works. I know that Doctors are concerned about abuse and that sure can happen to a addictive person. I have never used more than what has been prescribed to me. This may some day come back to hurt me, but I am 72 now and it has significantly improved my quality of life. Any questions you want ask me. At rutoft64@gmail.com"

russellmeans (taken for 10 years or more) September 28, 2016

For Anxiety: "this medicine saves my life when I'm having a panic attack. wish I could take this every day but it's addictive and I'm told to only take as needed. I also have IBS and this makes everything go away. when I take this I never have IBS I can eat whatever I want no worries and sleep amazing!! I'm starting Paxil as my every day and this just as needed so we will see how that goes. lorazepam saved my life though"

camillep1413 September 27, 2016

For Anxiety: "I had major issues with anxiety for last 5 years--My doctor put me on Lorazepam-1MG x 2 a day. I was having major fatigue, could not handle any stress, and was withdrawing in my career. I am a nashville recording artist and for years on stage in concerts without any issues. Anyway I am so much better now --pills give me peace of mind, sleep so much better, and back in action.--- I highly recommend Lorazepam to anyone who is trying to deal day to day with anxiety and panic attacks. Life is tough and much more complicated than in the days past. My best to you"

Elvis2 September 16, 2016

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I have had a prescription for Ativan for about 6 years. This was given to me after a diagnosis of GAD that was taking over my life. I have tried many SSRIs, SNRIs, and several off label drugs, but none helped. Most actually seemed to make my condition worse. I would take 0.5 - 1mg of Ativan on occasions when I felt out of control, and it would bring me relief. I have taken 0.5 - 1 mg in a day only as perscribed. Sometimes I have taken it daily for three months at this dosage. I was always terrified about the withdrawals you read so much about if you stop taking this, but I am perhaps one of the lucky ones who, at this dosage, can simply stop with no bad effects. I regularly stop for months at a time."

Allen1969 (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 11, 2016

For Anxiety: "Please, as a human being to others, DO NOT ABRUPTLY STOP TAKING THIS MEDICATION! Only after one month on this medication, I quit it and went through living HELL on earth! This is a very serious medication. God Bless."

"Z" (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 10, 2016

For : "I am a college student who had very frequent night terrors due to stress and my doctor prescribed me lorazepam as needed when I have terrible stress and need to sleep without a night terror. Recently the stress was too much and I ended up having stress induced convulsions and couldn't stop twitching during the day. I started taking 2mg a day and then down to 1 and it keeps me calm and my shakes barely happen each day. It has helped me greatly and I can feel normal and sleep well again."

Crashingbman September 9, 2016

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I've got severe anxiety and panic attacks. I've been using lorazepam/avitan for a couple years now to help stop my panic attacks. I can always count on it to work. Last night my anxiety was through the roof. My mind wouldn't stop racing, my chest hurt, and it felt like I was being stabbed in the gut repeatedly. I want to cry but I knew if I did I would for sure have an attack and wasn't sure if I could cope right since I was home alone. I keep a vial of my prescription on my keys and took one tablet. In about half an hour I no longer felt like I was dying and was able to get some rest a little after that. I think if I didn't have this med I would have ended up at the hospital last night."

Jaderade August 23, 2016