User Reviews for Lorazepam

Sedation
7.5

Summary of Lorazepam reviews 8.2 688 reviews

Reviews for Lorazepam

For Panic Disorder: "I’m so so SO grateful for this med. I take it only when needed. Even when I get into a state of feeling absolutely miserable with panic and racing scary thoughts, lorazepam turns it around 360 degrees within 30 minutes, but definitely starts to work around 15. Not only does it calm that fight or flight response — getting rid of that nasty adrenaline — it also just generally puts me into a tranquil state of mind. No scary thoughts. I could cry with gratitude for how many times it has helped me in the past. It makes panic disorder bearable. God bless"

nat (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 16, 2018

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Started taking Ativan when I was 18 years old due to a nervous breakdown. Doc prescribed it to me after experiencing a full-blown panic attack that didn't seem to subside. I felt immediate relief after months of experiencing depression and anxiety attacks. Over the years, I became dependent on it (I take 3-5 times a week) I never take it for more than two days in a row because of a bad reaction that I had like 13 years ago. Doc says I'm SUPER sensitive to meds. Because I take it so sparingly, I have not developed tolerance , but I am dependent on this medication for my agoraphobia and panic attacks. This drug allowed me to go outside and socialize, make new friends, and hold down a job. This job allowed me to live! I don't want to become dependent on it, so I started tapering. I take .25 once or twice a week. My goal to go off this drug completely and use it only for emergencies."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) July 13, 2018

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Was prescribed Ativan after some stressful/anxious times at work. Very effective. I take it as needed, usually 1mg every three days at night. Sleep like a baby and wake up the next morning energised and ready to start the day. Only worry is the possible addictive qualities. I also take small dose Cymbalta 30mg, each morning. Have been contemplating weaning off this and introducing Ativan every evening."

PT (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 13, 2018

Ativan (lorazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I have lived with Panic disorder since I was 16 and have had experience with various benzodiazepines. This has got to be the worst drug I have ever taken for a panic attack, it made me feels even more disconnected and stupid. I ended up in the back of an ambulance after taking this drug for a panic attack. I also struggled to sleep after taking this medication and was having suicidal thoughts. So far I would have to say when it comes to elimination of a panic attack, it goes: Xanax > Clonazepam > CBD > Valium > Bromazepam > Ativan."

DsBru (taken for less than 1 month) July 12, 2018

For Anxiety: "I was having chest anxiety. My mind was completely clear. Not anxious, not stressed, not racing. But for the life’s of me I could not take a full breath. I went to multiple doctors and ran all the tests. EKG was normal, chest X-ray was clear, blood test was fine. My doctor said that we’ll have a follow up session but he gave me a few lorazapam to take for emergencies. Last night I took half of a 0.5mg tablet. So only 0.25. I slept incredibly and my breathing problems were gone. This morning after I woke up my breathing has improved significantly. The only negative side affect I’ve noticed is a very dry mouth and a little bit of a dry throat."

Buylocalbonds (taken for less than 1 month) July 10, 2018

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I’ve been taking .05 Ativan for 15 years . It’s a miracle drug for me . It keeps my mind more stable and calm . Keeps my anxiety under control as well . I sleep like a baby with this drug. I wake up refreshed every morning . I usually take one 0.5 after dinner every night . There are days I do fine without it, but I love knowing it’s in hands reach at all times . I highly recommend Ativan . Keep it a small dose and you will be fine ."

Hotmom70 July 10, 2018

For Anxiety: "Name brand and generic Mylan work identically and are interchangeable for me. Some of the other generics do not seem to have full potency and is likely due to the fillers. This is a problem with a lot of generics."

Pam52 (taken for 10 years or more) July 5, 2018

For Insomnia: "This is the only true blue med that has helped me relax and get to sleep over all others I've tried. I take 2mg at bed. The one person who commented that it worked first night at 0.25mg wow I can't believe they would put you so low. ΔΊ have never heard of that and I'm a nurse"

annie June 27, 2018

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I used this after my anxiety got so bad that I constant horrible, racing thoughts. Many involving suicide and death. The first time I took it I felt like I grew wings, so relaxing. I started taking it every day because the calming effect was so comforting. I then started taking it at night - big mistake for me personally. I became addicted. If I didn’t take it for one night, I was awake for the entire night and became extremely paranoid. Had to see a Dr and admit to addiction, then was given very slow tapering off plan. Also made my hair fall out. Use with caution. Easily addictive."

Lauren92 June 25, 2018

For Anxiety: "Lorazepam has helped me a lot compared to other meds with my anxiety, only reaction I’ve had to it was a very very dry mouth and slight drowsiness."

Tom (taken for less than 1 month) June 20, 2018

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I took half of a ativan because I was nervous about taking it (I don't like taking pills, even advil). My boyfriend is in the hospital so I've had constant anxiety for 4 days. It felt like my heart was gonna come out my chest. I'm sure it'll continue till he's home. I felt my heart rate calm down within like 20 minutes. I feel a little better, still have sweaty hands and stuff but hey it's a start, can't expect to be cured on half a pill. "

Cuppycake (taken for less than 1 month) June 7, 2018

Ativan (lorazepam) for Panic Disorder: "To be honest with you guys I personally think that it works for me and exceeds my expectations when it comes to other areas of my life as well...."

2PugzG (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 6, 2018

Ativan (lorazepam) for Insomnia: "Took 0.25mg to help with me sleep. It helped 1st night to sleep 6 hours but not the 2nd night."

Tricky (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2018

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I’ve been on 0.50mg Ativan for anxiety and insomnia for 10 plus years . It really calms me down and takes the edge off. I sleep through the night and wake up refreshed. I can’t imagine not having it on hand. There are weeks I go without it , but it’s nice to have it at hands reach . I recommend Ativan."

Burnertt May 31, 2018

For Anxiety: "I take lorazepam for anxiety and insomnia/disrupted sleep. When I take it for panic attacks, I feel like they are far more manageable, although sometimes not all of my anxiety symptoms remit after taking it. Lorazepam is also very helpful for sleep. Usually I have trouble falling asleep and wake up often, and I often have vivid nightmares. When I take ativan, I fall asleep much more quickly and I tend to stay asleep. dditionally, it is usually pretty much dreamless."

grey (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 30, 2018

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Have had depression and anxiety for most of my 65 years. I have been treated for depression and am now on bupropion 300mg/daily. It does not help with my anxiety which includes muscle stiffness and all over pain. After my husband died and left a bottle of Ativan, a script he had been on for years, I started taking 1mg in the morning and at night. I was amazed at the relief I received. I've used Ativan many times in the past but no doctor will give it to me on a long term basis sighting addiction. My husband took it daily for years. Why am I not able to get a long term prescription? Ativan is a lifesaver for me, eliminates the muscle stiffness and pain and gives me energy. Doctors need to understand that patients know what helps their issues and allow them the medication needed in order to have quality of life, which I don't have right now."

Kat (taken for less than 1 month) May 28, 2018

For Anxiety: "I have been on and off lorazepam for 7 years now. I will not take any other benzo. I have GAD, and need help now and again. Years ago I took it every day. I was off for the last 2 years and controlling my GAD with diet, exercise, and meditation. A car accident a few weeks ago brought the anxiety beast back with a vengeance. I got a low dose, 0.5. Now I remember why I choose this medication over all other. I do not feel sleepy, drugged, out if control, nausea or dizzy. For me it a magic little pill of calm and clear thinking. All the other benzos make me sleepy, sick, or I feel hung over afterwards. Not with lorazepam, this is just calm and steady. I can completely function once the panic monster has been appeased. I hope to not need them long term, as I would like to be controlled on my own once again, but until then, I will take it to help with the rough edges."

Amy May 23, 2018

For Anxiety: "Have suffered with GAD for years with physical Anxiety. Tried everything the Dr got me to try 2.5 mg as and when required. Job done now I'm back in the land of the living. "

Eddy (taken for less than 1 month) May 8, 2018

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Helps with calming for panic attacks. Very fast and effective. Only side effect for me was drowsiness."

gemm53 (taken for less than 1 month) May 7, 2018

For Anxiety: "I took a 0.5 Ativan for anxiety last night. It increased my anxiety and I couldn't sleep."

Bob (taken for less than 1 month) April 30, 2018

For Insomnia: "I have been taking Ativan for sleep for 4 years. I'm now taking 4 mg doctor says that’s all they can prescribe for Ativan but I sleep well he says don’t worry about the long term effects - if you need it, you need it. I appreciate him telling me that if someone needs a medicine is that addiction? No so if your on this for sleep don’t worry I’m at 4 mg my body doesn’t need more I’m taking what works"

Zends (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 24, 2018

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "This pill has been my safety net for my severe anxiety attacks, panic attacks and ADHD. I have been taking this pill off and on for 6 years and have never been addicted to it. I take 0.5 during the day and it actually makes me feel like myself and sometimes even gives me more energy this pill has been a true life saver"

Jasminefab (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 21, 2018

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "This med was prescribed to me last year after my anxiety (& BPD) got really bad after steroid knee injections. At that time, I'd only needed 4-5 doses but was prescribed enough for 30, so I saved the rest for "emergency" situations (times like now). It seems to be helpful for the chronic anxiety & chronic insomnia I've been experiencing related to my various chronic pain conditions. Some negative things I've noticed with it are it makes my brain/pain fog worse, it increases/worsens some BPD symptoms & it makes my fibromyalgia & osteoarthritis knee pain worse. Otherwise, it's a pretty good medication."

Jillyn31 (taken for less than 1 month) April 14, 2018

For Anxiety: "I take it Lorazepam one hour before flying or if I'm scheduled for a long dental appointment. I break the pill into small pieces - so a little works very well to relax me. Before this, I had horrible situational anxiety (panic attacks) on planes and at the dentist."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 14, 2018

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I recently developed panic attacks and anxiety , just thinking about anxiety makes you anxious.. at least for me. I was just prescribed 0.5 Ativan and 10 mg Lexapro for anxiety. I hope it works..I used to be on celexa but never really did much for me tbh. I'm hoping the withdrawals aren't bad."

Jmf41133 April 11, 2018