User Reviews for Lorazepam

ICU Agitation 1.0
Summary of Lorazepam reviews 8.1 854 reviews

Reviews for Lorazepam

Kellymoo · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 28, 2020

For Anxiety: “The best works for me 1mg in a morning”

T19 · Taken for less than 1 month July 27, 2020

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: “Has anyone had very bad heartburn after using Ativan? I couldn’t even swallow because my throat burns so bad after taking this medication Thanks”

Remington Steele · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 18, 2020

For Nausea/Vomiting: “I have been taking Ativan for five years now for nausea and anxiety. Originally it was just for nausea. They gave me Zofran which worked but I couldn't take the side-effects and Compazine which didn't seem to do anything. When they gave me Ativan at 1mg taken three times per day as needed, my nausea went away and I was calm. The only thing is (and I'm sure it's the doctor's fault) I get 60 pills in one bottle to take 3 times per day. I'd run out of pills in 20 days! So I have to use them sparingly. I don't know how I made it through back when I was on the Cisplatin / Taxol combination. It helped tremendously but sometimes wore off a couple of hours early and I'd start vomiting. But with all the other chemo drugs it worked like a charm. I guess Cisplatin is just an extremely strong drug. Maybe if they gave me 2mg I'd have fared better.”

Vod Kanockers · Taken for less than 1 month June 29, 2020

For Light Anesthesia: “Ativan is a wonderful drug for dental work. I was prescribed one valium before I got there and ativans were given throughout 4 extractions. I never felt a thing and even thought that he only pulled 1 cos I asked and he said nope we are done. Even got rest of my teeth cleaned. Not sure if was before or after extractions. Had to have someone drive and when went to drugstore to get pain pills I was thirsty and told my friend I was gonna get a bottle water and came out with a whole case. Have no clue why but must thought I may be thirsty later. Highly recommend for sedation and dentistry over any other.”

Mic June 24, 2020

Ativan (lorazepam) for Panic Disorder: “Medication works great and how it is supposed to. I was on generic lorazepam and would find the quality would differ based on manufacturer and it wouldn’t affect me. After switching to brand the effects are more consistent and it seems so much more potent. It was a fight getting my insurance to completely cover it but it was worth it. 0.5mg and I’m so tired and don’t have any anxiety to worry about. Calms my panic and helps with nausea quite a bit.”

Fhj · Taken for less than 1 month June 23, 2020

For Insomnia: “Took it at 9.30pm. Still wide awake at 3. 22am”

Mic · Taken for less than 1 month June 13, 2020

For Panic Disorder: “I had problems with generic clonazepam and them not working. Only some did. My doctor switched me to lorazepam because it’s more “potent” but my generic by LEADING PHARM doesn’t work at all!!!!!! I thought not again! Called my CVS and now I’m stuck waiting for approval for Ativan brand name. I took this exact same medication in the ER for panic 1mg and the LEADING PHARMA lorazepam is either sugar or 1/4 strength. Extremely disappointed in the regulation of generics. Putting lactose in pills really? I’m diabetic and lactose intolerant so they won’t work for me. Annoyed and waiting for a version of lorazepam that works.”

EncourageSomeone · Taken for less than 1 month June 11, 2020

For Panic Disorder: “This medication is great brand name. Do not get leading pharma they do not do anything. I’m so disappointed and am left to take my clonazepam. I like the med but highly unstable with generics.”

Melly · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 2, 2020

For Anxiety: “I have severe anxiety disorder. And Lorazepam is my life saving drug. Last time I was taking 2.5 mg/day of it for 5 months and I got addicted to the pills. My doctor prescribed me Trazodone to help me overcome my Lorazepam addiction. And just after 1,5 month I was completely okay again. Those who struggle with the Lorazepam addiction, ask your doctor about Trazodone treatment. I live in Italy and here it's a common treatment for Lorazepam addiction.”

Honey bunny donuts · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 25, 2020

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: “I have been on Ativan 1mg for almost three years now and whenever I’m super angry, anxious, jumpy it works wonders. For the past week I’ve been crying uncontrollably because of certain things going on and when people don’t show me any concern or comfort me I get irrationally angry and even chased my little sister for showing no sympathy. I’m a 23 year old woman and she’s a 16 year old girl so she’s got her own problems. I immediately took an Ativan and within 20 minutes they kicked in perfectly. I didn’t have an urge to cry anymore, I felt calm and relaxed, And kind of high and had a rational thought process. This is what effects Ativan usually has on me and sometimes I feel goofy and laugh at the most random things. But regardless I ❤️ This drug and couldn’t ask for better. I’ve been on clonazepam that’s ok but not as good as Ativan and I’ve been on Xanax once at the hospital but that made me even more anxious and my muscles jerked. I love Ativan so much”

Chris May 10, 2020

Ativan (lorazepam) for Panic Disorder: “I have had panic disorder, agoraphobia, and severe anxiety for 10 years, so I need something like Ativan that sedates me and calms me down when I get hysterical. After numerous trips to the ER and every time I went there they gave me this. Finally talked to my psychiatrist and got the prescription so I don't have to go to a hospital for my severe panic attacks. Medications I used to take made me feel like I was going crazy lol. Unlike other medications I have tried in the past there is really not any side effects besides it makes you a little drowsy. This is a true lifesaver for a person who could not otherwise function. This helps with how debilitating panic attacks and severe anxiety can be. I would highly recommend this and I have tried countless other remedies but this one tops all.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month May 5, 2020

Ativan (lorazepam) for Nausea/Vomiting: “Don't you believe it! I was admitted to hospital for colitis. They gave me every nausea medicine and it didn't work then gave me Ativan. It didn't work either. The only reason they gave it to me was by then they thought my complaint was psychosomatic and wanted to prove me a liar by showing that Ativan stopped my symptoms so my complaints were not real only anxiety. Useless drug Ativan. Don't use it.”

fusebird · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 12, 2020

Ativan (lorazepam) for Sedation: “agree with post above - xanax or klonopin are similar and stronger; will get the job done better. and Klonopin is probably the better than xanax; many reports show x is more addictive but k is more effective. ”

Kathie · Taken for 5 to 10 years April 12, 2020

For Nausea/Vomiting: “Use for anxiety and nausea. Works great for me.”

Atta Van April 7, 2020

For Anxiety: “This stuff does NOT work. My doctor prescribed it as a sleep aid and I'm back awake 2 hours later I don't even feel drowsy.”

AeonRex · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 21, 2020

For Borderline Personality Disorder: “0.5 mg lorazepam. This is awesome when a serious meltdown is brewing and skills are really really hard to use. My prescriber is great and only gives me 12/month and said to only use it when I truly need it, which is what I do being aware of tolerance issues others are reporting here. Sort of "in case of an emergency" so I don't even use the 12 which I know is in my best interests. When I use it it just feels like I feel functional again and can get back to life without having this mess of terrible thoughts in my mind preventing me from doing *everything*. I definitely recommend this for those "in case of emergencies" times.”

Jay · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 8, 2020

Ativan (lorazepam) for Insomnia: “I have a fairly high medication resistant (or I'm allergic or develope tolerance after using meds .. yes it's been hell and still is .. I'm writing this while admitted to the hospital psych ward) I have severe insomnia and not one sleeping medication has worked for more then a week! I took ativan sublingual and was up to 8mg in a week .. and it stopped working!! Now I'm on injections at night .. it worked for 2 nights amazingly!!! I don't have withdrawal symptoms like others have described on here ... I guess for me it's a great short term solution but then I build a tolerance.. sigh!!”

Ana February 25, 2020

For Insomnia: “My experience is for the lack of quality in the drug. I take 2 mg every night. Usually that works but tonight and yesterday nothing. It's like it's like the ones I have got now are fake. So I take a chip or half 2nd one. Still nothing. I'm touchy about using this to much so it's not a habit it's the quality. Why does it have to be so hard to get a decent working medication? I won't continue to get this brand. I encourage others to stand up for yourself, if it doesn't work it's because is a bad drug. It's effective when you are actually getting the real deal. I really have insomnia, now I'm back up.”

Luna · Taken for less than 1 month February 23, 2020

Ativan (lorazepam): “Oh. My. God... relief. I had been suffering restlessness for four months on end and it was horrible. Respiridone and haldol made it worse, and klonopin made me suicidal. Then I started Ativan and upped my gabapentin dose(I had previously been on a higher dose and I suspected me lowering it 4 months ago is what triggered the restlessness), and it worked. I feel a bit sedated (although taking Ativan w/ the gabapentin actually relieves the brain fog/smothered feeling I used to get on higher gabapentin) and there are times during the day where I feel my inhibitions are a bit lower but compared to living a nightmaree for four months, this is bliss. I can function and do things again, and I don’t live in constant fear of the horrible restlessness that I could always feel just below the surface. I checked my chest, I don’t feel any restlessness at all. I can sit here and think about the restlessness feeling and I don’t feel it. For the first time in 4 months I’m free.”

dizzy · Taken for less than 1 month February 20, 2020

Ativan (lorazepam) for Light Anesthesia: “I was prescribed 2mg Ativan to take 2 hours before a dentist appointment (I’m a 110 lb woman). I took it 2 hours prior and within a half hour, the whole room was spinning and I was getting nauseous. I was only not dizzy if I was laying down. It seemed like an impossible task to walk to the car and be driven to the dentist and endure an appointment in that state. I stayed home and immediately fell asleep for 5 hours. I felt nauseous upon waking and it got better after eating a small amount of bland food. It is not evening and I feel better, just very groggy and a little slow feeling. I would rather endure the dentist appointment than go through this again.”

Wahita · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 18, 2020

For Anxiety: “I have been taking Ativan 1 mg 3x day as needed for probably 6 years. It worked well for a while for my anxiety and was good because it didn’t knock me out. I was still able to function and not feel like I was in a fog. Now it’s become completely ineffective. Tolerance built up and I have a lot of anxiety again. I keep taking it because I have to or things will be even worse. It feels like I’m just taking it for no reason though because it’s not doing it’s job. I’m trying to get my doctor to change it to something else.”

Marie February 16, 2020

For Anxiety: “I. Love. This. Drug. I take Prozac for my anxiety which helps stabilize me day to day wonderfully, but when my thoughts are racing and my therapy techniques aren’t working and I’m on the verge of a panic attack this drug lorazepam works wonders. I’ll take .5mg and my mind goes quiet and calm within thirty minutes. If I take at night I fall asleep quickly, but I also have no problem staying awake on it if I take during the day. Lorazepam renders you a happy calm and the slightest bit loopy, but not in an incapacitating way. I’ve never experienced any negative side effects or withdrawal symptoms, likely because I take it very sparingly. Which leads me to... IMPORTANT NOTE: My doctor has warned me of how highly addictive this drug is so I only take it as a last resort, I have only taken ten pills in one and a half years. From all I have read and from my doctors warnings I would never use this as a daily drug- that’s what meds like Prozac are for!”

Betty · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 16, 2020

For Anxiety: “I woke up one day in March 2018. It was a normal day, nothing had happened in my life so I have no idea why it happened . I’ve never had a panic attacks or anything like that. Just felt anxious every day and I couldn’t sleep . I tried Lexapro, Zoloft none of them worked. My doctor prescribed me 0.5 mg Lorazepam twice a day, that worked great for a while but then I started taking them both at the same time between 9:30 AM and 10 AM and it has done wonders. Doesn’t cause any drowsiness I get through my workday just fine and I immediately started sleeping much better.”

Joy · Taken for less than 1 month February 14, 2020

For Anxiety: “I don't know what I would do without my lorazepam, I ordered it because I was out of it but it was on a weekend and I didn't have it for three days because I couldn't get to the pharmacy without a vehicle. I was so anxious I could eat think we're sleep! I prayed that God would find a way for me to get my medication when I got my medication I felt like a new person again I could function but without it I could not. Thank God we have physicians and medication that can help us. I give Ativan a 10 out of 10”

Nanny · Taken for 10 years or more February 11, 2020

For Panic Disorder: “I suddenly developed panic/anxiety attacks about 20 years ago, out of the blue. I had no idea what they were and just suffered through them. I was taken to the hospital in an ambulance once thinking I was having a heart attack. My attacks are terrifying. Racing heart, sweating, vomiting, diarrhoea, tingling hands. I become so sick that I can’t move or talk. I feel like I am dying. They usually arrive abruptly in the middle of the night. I usually end up on the bathroom floor. Since I discovered lorazepam they are the only thing that will stop the attack. I only use them when I am in the throes of an attack which occur every few months. They are a godsend for me!!! It usually takes two 1mg pills to get the symptoms to subside. I do not take the pills on a daily basis, only in times of crisis.”