User Reviews for Lorazepam

7.5

ICU Agitation

Summary of Lorazepam reviews 8.1 753 reviews

Reviews for Lorazepam

For Nausea/Vomiting: "SMAS (Superior Mesenteric Artery Syndrome) syndrome makes me vomit all the time but lorazepam helps me stop vomiting.... Its a miracle"

Smas09 (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 14, 2019

For Anxiety: "Been taking Lorazapam for many years. Pharmacy switched lorazepam to “Leading Pharma” brand several months ago and I am having all kinds of problems. Checked around and all local a Pharmacy’s have the same brand. I’m sure it’s a Money thing... Profits over health."

Anonymous May 13, 2019

For Anxiety: "Not sure what fillers they are putting in Lorazapam now. I have been on it many years and always worked for my anxiety but now it makes it worse. More fillers less medicine? Makes me dizzy and lightheaded and a sick feeling. Maybe need to get off the generic and go to Ativan. But insurances won't cover them. Why make non generic if no one can get them????"

Shamrock May 10, 2019

For Status Epilepticus: "My son with seizures at early age was already on Dilantin for seizures but the Doctors wanted to replace Dilantin with a different drug. Over a period of years they again mention to try out new medications. He went in and was given Lorazepam for replacement for Dilantin. He came home and less than a week it was horrible. He was returned back to the hospital where they stopped the Lorazepam and now I am attempting to get him back to where he was at with the dilantin but he is hallucinating and it is so terrifying the images he is experiencing. I do hope that this will soon pass and we are so disappointed with what has happened. He lost all mobility at one point .. Be careful with this med.. :("

SolaZippo (taken for less than 1 month) May 8, 2019

For Light Anesthesia: "It didn't work at all for me, was given 3mg to take prior to dental appointment, that appointment has been postponed now. I was unable to stop moving, dizzy, talking extremely fast, felt like I needed to run and run for miles. Was not calm at all. What happened to me is apparently uncommon, but I won't be taking this for dentist appointments again."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 30, 2019

For Insomnia: "It did not help me sleep so l took 1 ambien at 10pm and if l was lucky l fell at sleep around 4am, after many trips to the refrigerator. I'm also on prednisone 5mg and enviros as antirejection drug. Nothing helps me sleep."

Ball (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 30, 2019

For Anxiety: "I take it for anxiety, for 4 months now , because of financial and sentimental problems. It's very effective for me 2mg/Day , no side effects, but I want to stop it because I'm afraid of the long term effects."

Sorin April 22, 2019

Ativan (lorazepam) for Insomnia: "Can't sleep since taking Ativan I am getting to sleep at 5:30am?"

Cantsleep (taken for less than 1 month) April 20, 2019

For Anxiety: "My doctor FINALLY prescribed me a benzo after having numerous meltdowns in her office. Also after switch SSRI medications multiple times. I have had panic attacks and anxiety since I was 15 years old. She wrote me lorazepam & I was so happy. I wanted something to stop the attacks. She wrote me 0.5 mg so the next panic attack I took one & nothing. So next panic attack I tried it again & nothing. I knew you could take up to 2mg so the next panic attack I took 1mg. So next I tried 2mg. NOTHING. I'm a Pharmacy Tech so I asked my pharmacist if that happened often & he was very surprised. He said it should have helped & he didn't understand at all how I didn't feel at ease once I had taken the drug. I have never been on drugs, I had never taken a benzo before. All I take is effexor & prozac. I was so disappointed & I don't think my doctor will ever give me anything again because it was like pulling teeth to get that prescription. I don't know why its so hard to get help. "

B April 20, 2019

For Panic Disorder: "I was misdiagnosed for years by my doctor and emergency room. I was being treated for asthma when I was actually having a panic attack. I remember being so frustrated that my medication wasn’t helping my shortness of breath which I thought was asthma. I was properly diagnosed when I was vacationing in San Diego. I thought I was having an asthma attack. I took my inhaler and got no relief. I thought I was a gonna. The ambulance came and took my vital signs and said I’m having a panic attack. I was in disbelief. I was given 1mg Ativan at the emergency room and felt better within 10 minutes. Right now I’m on celexa and carry at Ativan on me at all times. Ativan works for me."

Pete (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 12, 2019

For Anxiety: "Ativan used to work for me and it doesn’t anymore, I’m wondering if they changed it some how. A one month supply would last me a good six months. I don’t think it is a tolerance thing. I primarily used it for flying and it really isn’t helping with that anymore."

Clm (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 7, 2019

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I had a health issue that started my panic attacks for two months. Started taking 1/2 Xanax and continued having panic attacks. After seeing the Dr. she gave me two 1 mg. of Ativan. In 15 minutes or so I was so calm and relaxed! Ativan really makes you very comfortable fast! I love that! Started on Zoloft for a long term fix. Now on 50 mgs a day. Wanting to get off both Ativan and Zoloft, I researched homeopathic options and found that L-theanine and Ashwagandha and Magnesium all have amazing reviews. So I’m going to try the combination of the three. Will be receiving the L-theanine and Magnesium today. I will update as soon as I see results! Hopefully will wean off of Zoloft and Ativan! God bless anyone who suffers!"

Sam (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 20, 2019

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "With diagnosis of PTSD, anxiety, major/clinical depression, adult onset ADD with BPD on the side, ativan has been in my life for a while and I have never had a problem with it and its never negatively effected my life. It's maybe saved my life a few times."

Garnetred (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 18, 2019

Ativan (lorazepam) for Insomnia: "Ativan is the absolute best sleep medication. I sleep better the whole night and wake up refreshed. However, I try not to use it more often than twice a week. When taken more than 4 or more nights in a row and then stopped, I have severe withdrawal symptoms."

Working too hard (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 16, 2019

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I was diagnosed with panic disorder at 8 years old, and when I was 13, the panic attacks became severe. My psychiatrist finally prescribed me 15 pills per month of 1 mg of Ativan. I’m now 18, and just went through a really hard time. I relapsed into severe anxiety, had to quit all my schooling. My panic attacks can last for hours, and this is the only thing that provides relief during those sleepless nights. If it weren’t for Ativan, I’d have gone to the hospital 30 times now. It is pretty easy to become dependent. I’m tapering off, went from 0.5 mg per day to 0.25 mg, to skipping days. The withdrawal symptoms are not terrible, but they’re definitely uncomfortable. I suffered vertigo, insomnia, and increased anxiety. Advice to anyone taking this medication: Never cut cold turkey. Although rare, it can cause seizures if you stop the medication suddenly. Also, it’s very easy to become dependent on it. Please be careful."

Hypochondriac Gal March 11, 2019

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I’ve been taking Lorazapam for about 15 years for sleeping. It works wonders. Six weeks ago I went through a very stressful time and my anxiety went through the roof. I hesitated for weeks about taking another 0.5 during the day because my fear of getting hooked on this. Finally gave in the other afternoon and I was my normal self that night and all next day. Then the following day I was back to being anxious. So disappointing because I had hoped something got jarred into place. I'll try cutting the day one in half and see if I can do that for a few days. I do like this drug."

Pumpel (taken for 10 years or more) March 2, 2019

For Anxiety: "First 2 weeks helped but noticed lost appetite within 6 weeks. And a lot of muscle aches and pains where I couldn't move legs. Sometime towards 2 months in started bad headaches and burning in head after 4 months even lost 20 pounds and I was only 135 pounds. Dr put me on clonazepam but want off all of it. Things are suppose to help not make it worse."

Mel (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 28, 2019

Ativan (lorazepam) for ICU Agitation: "I was given this for post op pain in recovery instead of narcotics because a anesthesiologist deemed me a drug user because I requested no morphine due to severe itching and scratching till I bled. I could not take ibuprofen due to renal disease. I WAS GIVEN 2mg ativan IV and told it was pain medication. I could feel every bit of the pain but could not speak...people were walking by me and would say “she is asleep now” but I was screaming inside. All it did was drug me to the point I could not speak but could feel every bit of the pain. on the way home from the hospital I went psychotic in the car trying to hurt other people. This left me with nightmares for 2-3 weeks, depression, anger and memory loss. It was not disclosed what was given until I kept pressing them because it was the worst surgical experience ever. The cover up was the worst. It hindered my healing from the surgery."

Peds4life February 18, 2019

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I have extremely bad anxiety that started at 8 years old when my essential tremor started. It’s a vicious cycle. Shaking causes anxiety, anxiety causes shaking to become more pronounced and it leaves me in constant fear. Anxiety became so bad recently that I had to go to the ER! I couldn’t even leave the house. Doctor gave me 1mg of Ativan within 30 minutes was calmer than I felt in months. It was SO hard to find a psychiatrist that would prescribe them but I did and now I take .5mg as needed but literally when needed!! I have 90 pills but have only needed 1. I force myself through the moderate anxiety as I am terrified of becoming addicted. (I DO NOT have an addictive personality though, never have) anyways I find these a absolute life saver and for some reason just knowing I have them on me calms my anxiety. I 100% recommend ONLY when needed in extreme cases!!! Force yourself through the moderate anxiety."

Bear (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 17, 2019

For Anxiety: "I like Lorazepam. My brain feels calm and I feel more relaxed and happier. I am able to complete duties-yes even simple house cleaning that used to baffle me. Now I can do it with no problem. Proud of myself."

BrightnShiny (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 16, 2019

For Anxiety: "Been on this drug for nearly 40 years now with no side effects. I take 3 mg and have never needed more. When I had post natal depression I was put on these and they really helped with anxiety and insomnia .I continue with them as I sleep well on them ."

loftybanana (taken for 10 years or more) February 16, 2019

For Anxiety: "Taking 1mg per day before bed for about 7 years. Helps a lot with falling asleep. No side effects during day time. Then about 3 years ago withdrawal symptoms started. I started getting anxiety during day time, which was especially bad about lunch time, which was about 15 hours after the night dose. For the last 6 months I have been tapering off lorazepam by breaking bits off the 1mg pill. Now I am at about 0.5mg per night and feeling better during the day. Sometimes I still get anxiety during the day but it has become milder. Still staying on the 0.5mg dose as I need my sleep."

Sara February 15, 2019

For Anxiety: "I’m 23 and suffer from very bad anxiety. My doctor let me try 0.5 mg of Ativan and, as soon as I took a dose of it, I began to HALLUCINATE! Visually and audibly. That made my anxiety even worse. It was like taking Ambien in the middle of the day. When I told my doctor, he said that’s actually a common side effect of Ativan which surprised me. I don’t know why I have this reaction to Ativan since Xanax, Valium, and Klonopin work absolutely fine for me and don’t cause this scary side effect. I’m sticking to Klonopin. There’s much better anti-anxiety medications than Ativan."

JonathanR (taken for less than 1 month) February 11, 2019

For Anxiety: "Doctor prescribed me 1mg X 3 per day. First week was fine, but soon after I developed a tolerance and between-dose withdrawal. Much to my dismay, my doctor kept me on this for 4 long months. The pills were working against me actually causing me anxiety. Now am in the process of tapering off. If only I was prescribed a longer acting benzo for a much shorter period."

Pocariboy (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 5, 2019

For Anxiety: "This drug definitely helped with my anxiety and panic attacks, I mostly use it for my plane anxiety now and it works great. This is not a long-term drug, if you need a long term med I suggest Xanax. Very little to no side effects using this drug except a little drowsiness."

Alex January 24, 2019