User Reviews for Lorazepam

Sedation
7.5

Summary of Lorazepam reviews 8.2 713 reviews

Reviews for Lorazepam

Ativan (lorazepam) for : "I was given ativan for anxiety due to TMJ (temporomandibular disorder) chronic pain. It ended up taking away the pain itself. However, being in the mental health field, I'm well aware of the addictive qualities of this drug.. I was appalled at how quickly I was put on 1mg/day for 3 weeks and given a renewed prescription without question every time I went in. Users must beware of the high addictiveness and that it can take years to taper off this medication and years for the brain to return to a normal state. Severe withdrawal can cause psychosis, depression, seizures and death, and rebound symptoms are very common even at low doses (rebound symptoms is when you go off or taper down the medication, you experience a worsening of the condition it was intended to treat in the first place). If you've been prescribed this by your GP, please do your research and talk to a specialist about it and follow their advice. Benzodiazepines have ruined many lives and are still continuously over-prescribed."

LadyBlue October 11, 2018

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "I have taken Ativan off and on for about 5 years. I take 2 mg a couple of hours before bed. (6ish). I have nightmares from past abuse (severe adolescent abuse, smothered by a family a member, neglected). I'm 36 yr old female who had been diagnosed with BPD and PTSD. I only take Ativan. It helps. Tolerance does build up every few weeks I cut my doses, taper, and readjust. This medicine works for me and my mental health."

Tree October 10, 2018

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I am the 1% of people who take Ativan and suffer from extreme anxiety and paranoia. If you experience these symptoms you are NOT alone, but you should stop taking the medication (with help of a doctor) . Once I stopped taking it I felt so much better and was not paranoid or filled with anxiety."

K (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 9, 2018

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Ativan works for me. Diazepam does not."

Lindsay (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 9, 2018

For Insomnia: "Works really well for me if only used a few times a week, as tolerance can build quickly. Almost no morning grogginess. I use 1 mg if I wake up and can't get back to sleep."

Scoob (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 2, 2018

For Anxiety: "I have had anxiety and depression real bad for 7 months. Was prescribed venlafaxine and lorazepam. Venlafaxine was increased every two weeks till I was on the higher dosage, but it did not work. Now on Sertraline 150mg, have been using 1 month no difference yet. Lorazepam I was on 1mg once daily and it was great I felt normal, then it started to be less effective so was told take 2 a day. Now it is less effective again as I am tolerant to it, I know I am addicted to it but I need help to get through this. I am tired of the anxiety and crying all the time."

sharon (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 22, 2018

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I was prescribed this to take prior to a MRI. I had been taking Klonopin for my anxiety which is more slow acting so thought I would try this. It immediately calmed me down before the MRI and I felt good after. I spoke with my PCP about trying this instead of Klonopin and she was ok with that at 1 mg twice a day as needed. The first week was fine and then during week two I was having a lot of panic attacks, chest tightness and insomnia. I suffer from MS so never sure what is MS related or anxiety caused problems. I have decided to go back to the Klonopin. It doesn't kick in as fast but lasts much longer and I feel much better on it."

Newk (taken for less than 1 month) September 16, 2018

For Panic Disorder: "I always keep a pill or two in my pocket in case of a panic attack. I first try to calm myself down - if that doesn't work I take 0.5 to 1mg of sublingual Lorazepam and the panic attack goes away in a matter of minutes (usually 10 minutes). Also helped me getting sleepy when I would get anxiety attacks before going to bed and couldn't keep calm. It may be habit-inducing, however in some cases it is necessary. It is the best solution when nothing else seems to help. In my opinion it's the best benzodiazepine for panic attacks."

JohnnyR (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 14, 2018

Lorazepam Intensol (lorazepam) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I’ve been using lorazepam for 22 years. I get a prescription of 60 pills 0.5 mg. at a time. I take around 10 pills per month and only when I absolutely need it. I use them for my fear of vomiting and the anxiety I get at times due to this fear. It has been a godsend for me. You cannot drink alcohol with this medicine. I have taken it hours after I’ve drank because alcohol gives me anxiety and nausea."

Minnie (taken for 10 years or more) September 12, 2018

For Anxiety: "Started this almost a month ago. GAD, PTSD. I was on Xanax 9 years 1 mg daily worked amazing. Dr said had to get of so I did. Wasn’t bad getting off took lexapro and had no bad withdrawals. Dr then put me on this ativan 0.5 a day. Good for anxiety but I’m so tired all day long. I could sit and fall asleep. When it comes to night time I take half ambian to help me fall asleep because by then activan wears off."

Bai (taken for less than 1 month) September 9, 2018

For Panic Disorder: "Ativan is an amazing drug. It saved my life. I had my first ever panic attack one year ago. It landed me in the emergency room, and the doc gave me 1mg. Ever since then I take it maybe once a week. 0.5mg is great for the feeling of anxiety. I use 1mg and a bath if I have a panic attack. The bath is because water helps me calm down (it’s actually scientific haha). Only issue is it can be habit forming. Hence why I only take it when I absolutely need to. Other than that, it works just as well as Xanax or Valium."

Mr. Anxiety (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 4, 2018

For Insomnia: "This is my second night. My Dr prescribed me with 1mg but it didn't seem to work. So then he said to increase to 2mg. I had good night sleep on the 1st night at 2mg.. But on the second night after 2 pills of 1mg I still wide awake."

Ridzza (taken for less than 1 month) August 31, 2018

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Great medication for anxiety! Helps me survive."

Nina August 29, 2018

For Anxiety: "Usually only take it when work gets stressful as I get really bad insomnia due to that fact. I've been taking 0.5mg for roughly 4 years now as needed, never experience any super negative side effects from it thus far. I would definitely recommend this medication for those who only experience certain bouts of anxiety from time to time, but wouldn't rely on this medication to subside your anxiety on a long term basis."

Stevie D (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 26, 2018

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Terrible and dangerous. Muscle jerking, auditory hallucinations, jumpy all day. Even WORSE anxiety. If it is not life or death. Do not take!!!!"

Jasq (taken for less than 1 month) August 22, 2018

For Anxiety: "I have been taking Ativan for almost three years now this second time around. The first time around, I tool it for two years. I am taking 1mg three times daily. It only last 3-4 hours at most. When I wake up in the morning, I have a severe headache from going 10-12 hours without Ativan, I get severe headaches and deal with confusion. I also get severe rebound anxiety often. I am currently trying to wean off of this medication now and find a more suitable medication. I wish I would have never started taking this medication."

IrishTexan (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 20, 2018

For Anxiety: "Has anyone been on this drug for 25 - 30 years? Once it was a miracle for me. Now, not so much. Doc never said it was addicting but had me take 1mg 3 x per day and ambien for sleep. Lexapro, too. No one in medical field admits to this drug as affecting the heart, I mean so that you have to take it. So what should ya do? Try to taper? Tried a detox program/crash course 7 days. Trying melatonin for sleep, not benzos. Down to 1 mg each morning, would like to get off or have them work like they did in the beginning. Any comments?"

Bonzo (taken for 10 years or more) August 19, 2018

For Anxiety: "I have been taking 0.5mg of Lorazepam as needed for years. Helps calm me down at bedtime or after stressful day. I sleep like a baby and wake up refreshed. Also 0.25mg has relaxed me during the daytime. Personally I don’t find it habit forming nor do I have any negative side effects. Love it!"

Mizmof (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 14, 2018

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I HIGHLY recommend this drug. It’s a miracle worker! I started having anxiety after my boyfriend and I broke up, I would cry at night and have panic attacks. I only take this drug when I need severe relief and I’m so thankful it’s available. Try it just once if you are having bad anxiety, if it’s not for you then switch. I was nervous trying this because I didn’t want to feel high when going on a benzo drug. You definitely don’t feel high you just feel tired and oddly “okay”!"

Brunette beauty! (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 11, 2018

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I have extreme anxiety, Ativan is fast working. Usually can feel it within 15 minutes, I do find that it's more of a crutch, a way to forget your problems instead of dealing with them. Don't drink alcohol with them. If I'm having an anxiety attack or a panic attack and it's been a week since I took one, they make me start to cry. I feel better afterwords, do these make anybody else cry?"

Boot (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 9, 2018

For Anxiety: "I am a 35 y.o. male, about 9 months ago, I began to have panic attacks which turned into chronic anxiety based on obsessive thinking. I have taken 0.5 mg of ativan only as-needed during this time. It produces a mild calming effect after about 50-60 mins (though has taken longer to kick in at times) In my case, I really need it to calm my overthinking / agitation. There have been times when this pill made me feel a total turn-around from a bad day, other times it had the effect of returning me right back to normal. Sometimes, I feel I need to take just a little more than 0.5 mg. I have been incredibly hesitant to take this drug more often, part of me wants to try it on a more daily basis, but we'll see. I should mention I took zoloft for the better part of 6 months, but it did not help with my anxiety issues. Plus, I don't want to rely on antidepressants for this issue if I could avoid. I recommend ativan to help take the edge off, and like that I can take it on as-needed basis."

D82 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 8, 2018

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I used to take Ativan for appointments & other anxiety-provoking situations. It would relieve anxiety for the dental appointments & ENT appointments but that was it. It never reduced my anxiety for blood tests or other appointments, despite the fact that I did not have any other drug given to me for the Dental or ENT appointments. It also worked for certain anxiety-provoking situations (such as public speaking) but only 50% of the time. However, I am epileptic & on anti-seizure medication. Despite the fact that I am on anti-seizure medication, I will always have a Simple-Partial Seizure 4 days after I last took it, even if it was only 0.5 mg (the highest dose I would have would be 2 mg). Because of this, I do not recommend this drug to anyone; I had taken it over a span of ten years (as needed & not even every month - I would go months without taking it) but after realizing that it was the cause of me having Simple-Partial Seizures 4 days after taking it, I won't ever take it again."

Sailor_Jupiter August 7, 2018

For Anxiety: "I've had horrible anxiety since I was about 7 years old probably caused by having a chronic illness so early In life and I also have the fear of vomiting so every time I feel sick I have an awful panic attack. I was prescribed 0.5 mg of this and have only been taking half a pill as needed and honestly it is exactly what I wanted so far. It's a medicine that literally does nothing but chills me out, it's calms my heart and makes me comfortable."

Kaitlyn (taken for less than 1 month) August 4, 2018

Ativan (lorazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I was prescribed Ativan sublingual 0.5mg as needed for panic attacks. It did not do anything for me, usually my panic attacks come at night while I'm sleeping. So I tried it and honestly It didn't do anything and on top of that I couldn't sleep after taking it."

SAm July 30, 2018

For Anxiety: "I been facing generalized anxiety disorder for over 4 years, I don't know whats going on with me, I have been informed by doctors its the Colon issues, but when I came back to my country I visit psychotherapist and he told me what is going on literally GAD. I started to take Zoloft 50 mg then increased to 100 mg, then 150 mg, but after using this medicine for 3 weeks I start feeling empty brain, very disorder thinking, visual problems, so the Dr advised to take lorazepam, I start to take .05 at morning, and .05 at night, seriously I felt so human, and all the rubbish is gone, then after a 10 days I stopped the morning dosage and I am on .05 mg at night, all going well, and my mood get back by 80% all the Anxiety rubbish gone, and I am so proud of my self"

Thalji82 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 30, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...