User Reviews for Lorazepam

Also known as: Ativan, Lorazepam Intensol

Learn more about Lorazepam.

Dysautonomia 1 reviews 53 medications

Cervical Dystonia 4 reviews 6 medications

7.5
Summary of Lorazepam reviews 554 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Lorazepam

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Hands down, the best immediate solution for anxiety or panic attacks. I prefer Ativan to other benzos and it usually lifts my depression too, even suicidal thoughts ( well for the few hours that it works). Just be very careful not to become addicted but this is extremely helpful as an occasional tool in stressful situations. DO not take every day for many days unless instructed so, but even then do your research."

Canada345 (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 19, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Anxiety: "I've been struggling with depression but mostly anxiety for 16 years. I take an antidepressant and last year I tried to change it three times. During this time I began to use Lorazapam daily and began to increase it when it wasn't working for me. Needless to say this was the worst year ever. My anxiety symptoms were hell. After reading about Lorazapam and the problems with tolerance, rebound anxiety, looping and withdrawal, I realized my problem was not the antidepressants but Lorazapam. If you take it once a month or several times per year it could help and shouldn't hurt you, but if you take it every day, you are asking for trouble. my recommendation is avoid Lorazapam at all costs."

Despair (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 14, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "hi this is very good medicines for anxiety treatment , you can use it for when your suffer depression and anxiety. I have also take this for last 2 months before."

Stevebrown February 7, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Anxiety: "I have had anxiety all my life, only after loosing my mom I realize she had it before it was named. I have used anti depressant then learned meditation and exercise techniques and become med free. Now at 65 the monster is back, 0.5 Lorazepam twice a week is great. But if I go back to work more a week might be needed. We will see."

Gitpicjohnny (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 7, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Panic Disorder: "Be careful ! this is a strong drug, it's effect is amazing and sometimes you feel HIGH. But...it causes dependence worse than cocaine...and loses the effect after some months.. SO GUYS ALWAYS TALK WITH THE DOCTOR NEVER USE THIS FOR TOO LONG !!!"

Attention2 January 28, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I've had extremely bad anxiety, panic attacks, and mood swings. This medicine is wonderful. It's not very strong but it takes the edge off. I'd recommended to anyone with anxiety."

K433 January 20, 2017

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Ativan (lorazepam) for Panic Disorder: "Hi All Im a young man 24 years old, I have several issues with my brain since many years ago.... I have a Major Depression, GAD, SAD, OCD, and Panic Disorder. I've been tried many option, I tried Hypnotherapy, Emotional Therapy, CBT , also I have been to some psychiatrist in Indonesia and Singapore. Finally I met the best psychiatrist in my country, and with him I found best med and finally cure my problem. You all have to try this too and talk to your psychiatrist to ask for prescription. Every Morning I take 1mg Ativan and Every Night I take 5mg Zyprexa and 150mg Zoloft Please try this, please.. Enjoy your life.. Also CBT is good as well..."

TSG from Indonesia please read January 18, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Hi All Im a young man 24 years old, I have several issues with my brain since many years ago.... I have a Major Depression, GAD, SAD, OCD, and Panic Disorder. I've been tried many option, i tried Hypnotherapy, Emotional Therapy, CBT , also I been to some psychiatrist in Indonesia and Singapore. Finally I met the best psychiatrist in my country, and with him I found best med and finally cure my problem. You all have to try this too and talk to your psychiatrist to ask for prescription. Every Morning I take 1mg Ativan and Every Night I take 5mg Zyprexa and 150mg Zoloft Please try this, please.. Enjoy your life.. Also CBT is good as well..."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 18, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Anxiety: "I have a "emergencies only" prescription for 1mg of lorazapam, so I don't take it every day. I average about two doses a month. But even at that low level of usage, lorazapam has changed my life! I no longer have to suffer through lengthy bouts of my heart pounding and being nearly frozen from anxiety. I keep some with me wherever I go, and even if I don't need to take it, it's very comforting to know it's there if I do. It may have even saved my life on a number of occasions. I am so grateful that a doctor suggested trying lorazapam."

MsMaryF January 18, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Anxiety: "This is my first time taking Ativan. I just started having panic attacks about 2 weeks ago. The Dr. prescribed 1mg. The directions says to take one twice a day, but I'm on gonna take it as needed. The reason being is because lots of reviews from others said it could become addictive. So far it has worked very fine. I only have the attacks at night. When my boyfriend is away for work out of town I tend to worry a lot about taking care of the kids n staying home alone with them by myself. When he's around I feel safe and I sleep like a charm. I hope this will only be temporary. Ativan works fast!!! Definitely a life saver."

Bria25 January 18, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Ativan (lorazepam) for Panic Disorder: "Prior to starting med school, I was having numerous panic attacks. Over time they intensified, getting worse by the day. I seriously thought that the social life was just done for me. I used to try and stay close to hospitals in case something bad happened to me. I worried excessively about my health (in which I'm completely healthy). I constantly went to emergency rooms to see doctors for having panic aftacks (heart beating fast, shaking, feeling of "lost in the world" and scared). I tried so many anti depressants and anti anxiety meds. They either made me too sleepy, headaches, or didn't work at all. ATIVAN has been EXCELLENT! No Side effects ! Works perfect! Psych docs hate the drug! But it works!"

StudentDoc (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 14, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Ativan (lorazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I will always take Ativan for my mild-to-moderate panic. The only problem is, it can become addictive. So I try to use other methods for my anxiety before I reach for the Ativan."

BonnieTulip (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 13, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Ativan (lorazepam) for Sedation: "52 year old diagnosed with ovarian cancer in July 2016. Received chest mediport in August and went through 12 weeks of chemo. Only side effects were constipation from chemo and sleepless nights from Dedcadron. While these steroids made me feel strong and allow me to work while taking chemo they also keep me wired at night. Only on those days of chemo I would take 1 mg of Ativan at night. So blessed to get some much needed rest and was at work by 6:00 ready for my work day. Feeling rested and getting that quality sleep is very vital when fighting this disease and taking chemo. I just had IP port surgically implanted into abdomen today. Staring next 3 cycles of IP chemo after having surgery December 8th.Ativan has helped me, no side effects."

FightingANDWILLWin January 11, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Ativan (lorazepam) for Insomnia: "Helps with restless extremities aiding falling asleep."

jbenr (taken for less than 1 month) January 8, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I've been on/off benzodiazapines for about 20 years. I am now back on ativan 1mg 3 times a day for anxiety/panic attacks and insomnia. I know I need an increase in dose soon, as it no longer relaxes me as much as it used to. I find ativan to be the best benzo. I've tried xanax, (which made me sleepwalk), valium, (which doesn't affect me really). I think I will stick to ativan and after 20 minutes, I feel a lot better. relaxed."

kerrylmcder January 4, 2017

29 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Anxiety: "I take Lorazepam 1mg for anxiety. It really helps. My symptoms are heart racing, rescuing thoughts, sharing, hard to breathe, and the worst is heat flashes because I turn red and it makes me more embarrassed.. The only concern I have is when I take it consistently is good. But, I ran out a couple times. It's usually 2 or 3 days before I fill it. I noticed during those days I have more anxiety than I did before I ever started taking it. I would only get heat flashes one a week or so before I started this medication. The days I missed it I had an average 2-3 a day. I don't want this medication to make me worse.. Also, I feel like my memory and focus have decreased. I'm thinking of switching. Just sucks because I really like it otherwise."

H.a.928 (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 3, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Anxiety: "It helps me to not only become calm but to stay that way and if I take it at night it helps me sleep better along with my Ambien."

Jimelkins January 2, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Ativan (lorazepam) for Insomnia: "It was given to me in the hospital to aid in sleeping. I woke up in another hospital bed down the hall. It was empty and I was trying to get in that bed. I had a heart monitor on, but I had moved out of my room, and was half dressed wandering the halls until I came on the nurse station. Why didn't someone know I was having an issue, because of my disconnected heart monitor? They put me back in bed and seemed upset at me. They never explained. I just took it once. I was awake but couldn't see or know what has happened, or about to happen. Could have walked off a bldg. "

Kaneohe January 1, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Anxiety: "I have bipolar, anxiety PTSD. I'm currently on and off new meds because of trial and error. Lithium didn't work, valium didn't work, the only thing that's been working to keep the extreme anxiety down is the lorazapam. I only take it just hefore I go into work and its wonderful I can calmly power through my 10 hour shifts with ease"

Sms090 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 28, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Anxiety: "I've been taking Cipralex 20mg in the morning and 15mg Remeron at night and would take from 0.5mg to 1mg of lorazapam in the morning as this is when my anxiety is worst. Since my anxiety was not improving, I decided to get off the Remeron to reduce the Seratonin. Remeron was great for helping me sleep but the withdrawal was awful. I decided to use lorazapam to help me sleep which worked well for a while. Without the Remeron my morning anxiety became better and I started to have better days. This only lasted about a week. Pretty soon I was having sleeping problems and the lorazapam didn't help my daily anxiety either and in fact at times I felt worse. This is the downfall of lorazapam. You build up a tolerance and have to increase the dose."

Paul Mar December 28, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Ativan (lorazepam) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Ativan helped with nausea tremendously.... I've been dealing with nausea for 8 months ...stress related ...."

Miss thangggg (taken for less than 1 month) December 27, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Anxiety: "Elevated heart rate, sweating, chills, tingles/numbness and shortness of breath, blurred vision, chest pain, can't breathe... You name it I've felt it lol. I nearly overdosed on alcohol and cocaine when I was in high school. Made me realize I wasn't invincible and I have been an anxiety and panic sufferer ever since. Its only been about 13 years with the attacks but about 4 years ago I thought I was having a heart attack for the millionth time (hooked up to a machine and blood was all clear as always lol) and after the doctor prescribed Lorazepam and it has saved me many times. Including today lol. ONLY TAKE WHEN NEEDED. I HAVE AN ADDICTIVE PERSONALITY AND IT WOULD BE EASY TO USE THESE AS A CRUTCH. I only take one every couple days now."

Daniel S (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 25, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Status Epilepticus: "Lorazepam has changed my life. I've had seizures for 20 years now. After being prescribed this, my seizures have been less frequent and it has actually stopped seizures from happening! I take them as soon as I feel the aura."

Tesseract December 12, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Anxiety: "I have been dealing with anxiety now for bout 2 months. I'm worried that it will never go away. When I take the medication I feel so much better, however I'm am worried about being depended on the drug and withdrawal."

lisa nicole smith December 9, 2016

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Insomnia: "It's just like any other medicine. Works differently on each person."

Ben19811 December 8, 2016