User Reviews for Lorazepam

Also known as: Ativan, Lorazepam Intensol

Learn more about Lorazepam.

Dysautonomia 1 reviews 53 medications

Cervical Dystonia 5 reviews 6 medications

7.5
Summary of Lorazepam reviews 618 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Lorazepam

For Insomnia: "I have not put anything on sites like this but really want input. I have been dealing with medical issues for 3 months which required taking meds during the night which disrupted my sleep. My health is getting back on track but I am was not sleeping well. My Dr prescribed lorazepam 1 mg at bedtime. It works pretty well by giving me sleep however I am out of it almost the entire day. Around 4pm I start to feel ok again so I get to have a 6 hour window of a good day. I have read so many of all of your reviews. I am concerned about addiction and withdrawal as I have not taken very many meds like this. The Dr wrote prescription for 25 days. Would like suggestions; should I stay daily with 1 mg or skip nights or cut in half sometimes? I've used it for 1 week so far"

Very sleepy October 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I started out being prescribed lorazapam for anxiety. Which works wonders for me. I also have chronic nausea with unknown cause and I noticed that when I feel really nauseated whether its from anxiety or some other reason it completly takes it away! It is truly a miracle medicine for me. Only down fall is it can be addictive and if I take it daily on a consistent basis. I did notice when I don't take it I get shaky all through my body which is not a nice feeling at all and my head gets dizzy and just a weird feeling. I would definitely recommend lorazapam to anyone who suffers from anxiety, nervousness or nausea. It is wonderful!"

Miracle medicine (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "Tried other drugs for sleeping but Lorazepam works the best! I take every night, an hour before bedtime and sleep 6 to 8 hours a night. I have a transplanted kidney, For me it has worked very well"

Hai uut Mersele (taken for 10 years or more) October 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I have been taking Lorazepam 1mg as needed for about 6 months for Panic Disorder. It is the only thing I have found that helps me with minimal side effects. It is just frustrating dealing with doctors and psychiatrists who do not like the drug and want to keep experimenting on me with different drugs. I feel like my anxiety would calm down significantly if I was allowed to take this at a small dose every day, rather than only when I have panic attacks but for now I am following doctor's orders."

AB92 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I been taking this medicine 0.5 Milligram it works perfectly fine no side effects it helps me calm down helps me to sleep I was dying everyday before I started this medicine. I used to feel so stressed out this lorazepam has given my life back. As long as you don't take it stupidly. I'd rather take this medicine and not feel like rubbish everyday. I don't care what other people say about this medicine this medicine has been great for me - that's it"

Ricky Singh September 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "Been on this medication for about a year now and I'm positive it works for me. I was diagnosed with MS and had a lot of anxiety and depression. This drug helps me calm down and take a different approach to things."

Anonymous September 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "That medication saved my life. I was having panic and anxiety. Ativan helps me to function normally. It a magic medication. All anxiety and panic disappear on it. I'm very thankful for that medication."

Anna1978 (taken for 10 years or more) September 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Cervical Dystonia: "I don't know why my PCP prescribed this (after I researched) I have Back pain and Stenosis. I guess it was "off label". I have been suffering from chronic back pain for about 30 years. The severity comes and goes. During one of the more intense periods, PCP prescribed lorazepam. It worked great. I was quite relaxed. I think that was the main benefit. I was so relaxed, my back just stopped hurting. No one since then, has been willing to prescribe. I am now under the care of a pain management specialist. The specialist prescribes oxycodone. It really doesn't seem to work as well as the lorazepam. It masks the pain but the lorazepam targeted the source (if that makes sense.)"

voodoomembrain (taken for less than 1 month) September 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "For immediate relief this drug is great. I take 0.5mg when I absolutely need it (2-3x every couple months.) but only reason I wouldn't give it a 9 or 10 because I did have a bad experience with this drug. I took it for 7 days straight 3x .5mg per day as prescribed by my doctor for generalized anxiety disorder. I abruptly stopped taking it because I didn't want to have to take it everyday and I ended up going thru a withdraw. I then got vertigo for a couple months, which was absolutely terrible. BUT I think it you use this drug responsibly and do NOT take it multiple days in a row it can definitely come in handy. I also have high blood pressure caused by anxiety, and usually get effective relief after about 30 minutes. Hang in there!"

SlowRex September 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I am a 35 year old female with Bipolar Disorder Type 1 and generalised anxiety. I've been taking lorezapam off and on for about seven years, only during panic attacks or particularly bad spells when my anxiety can't be managed by the coping techniques I've learned over the years through CBT, mindfulness meditation, etc, and my daily mental health medications (quetiapine, venlafaxine, and topiramate). When I do need to use it lorezapam is a godsend. It works more quickly than diazepam, which I'd previously tried, which is what you want when you're in the midst of a panic attack or suffering badly with anxiety. It's very effective without being too much and I haven't had any side effects, just slight sedation."

DollyZ (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "42 y.o. Female with anxiety and insomnia. Taking Lorazepam (0.25-0.5mg) before bed. Works very well for me. No side effects, lowers anxiety level and helps me to sleep. Never had a need to take more, only less and all depending on stress levels at home. Went for a long trip and forgot it, no withdrawal symptoms. 3 years and not planning to stop unless something better comes around."

Sherry5678 (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "So with my Schizoaffective disorder, in the mornings I get moody and grumpy and little stressed, so I take 1 mg before going to work and in 30 minutes exactly magic happens and I feel relaxed and calm which leads to better communication at work since I'm a peer support worker. works great 10/10"

kilo_canada August 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder: "At 16 I had a traumatic experience that gave me my first panic attack. Since that day, I have suffered from on-again-off-again anxiety that sometimes spirals into full blown panic attacks. Simply put, this medication has been a gift from the heavens. I rarely take it because I am told it is addictive, but if I feel like I am getting anxiety and spiralling, it literally stops a panic attack cold. In fact, since I have been prescribed the medicine, my panic attacks have plummeted, simply because I have gained control over them. I know in my head that if my anxiety wants to test me, I can stop it. This gives me a feeling of control and has reduced my attacks by 95%. It has changed my life."

coolcucumber25 (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "Taking 1-2mg as needed for panic disorder. I try to limit taking it 2, 3 times a week and only when my anxiety is so bad I can not cope with it on my own. I do not want to be on antidepressants because of the side effects so this is a great option for me."

AB92 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "My husband was 38 years old and committed suicide while taking Ativan. This medication was administered to him from two different psychiatrists. Ativan was prescribed for his anxiety. He took it in combination with Welbutrin for his depression. He was on Ativan for approximately three months. The medication made his heart race because of the lethal combination mixing with Welbutrin for his depression. He became manic, paranoid, and had extreme body tremors, insomnia, and many many trips to Emergency Room from side effects. This company knows it can cause suicide and writes it on the label. Do not take it."

Do not take this medication (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I have had severe anxiety for a couple of years. My attacks get so bad, I feel I need to run as far away as I can. Taking Lorazepam 3mg a day has been a tremendous help. I have read comments about going off the medicine and the difficult withdrawls, but if something works in your personal lifestyle where nothing else has, why shouldn't you be able to stay on this medication as long as you need it? It's like high blood pressure. If you have it and can't get it under control, medications are key. No one starts telling you that you should stop the medication. For some, Lorazepam is a lifesaver. Maybe not for everyone, but for me, in my situation it is."

CCMoonsong (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I forgot how well this stuff works. I've been using Ativan every so often for six years. I hadn't taken it in ages but had a panic attack tonight and I feel really good now after taking it. I know when my anxiety was a lot worse, it didn't bring me down to 0 anxiety but took the edge off. At one point in the past I was taking it pretty much daily but never became dependent on it (I only take the 0.5mg dose). I do feel kind of sleepy, but pleasantly so. In my experience the sublingual (under the tongue) type works a lot better than the normal swallowed pills."

ANXiousfriend (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "If I take 3mg's this works very well for anxiety and it works quickly, the only thing is it usually also makes me sleepy so I try to only take it when I know I can go take a nap if need be, other than that no complaints."

5150Aries (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I started having anxiety attacks 6 years ago while visiting my baby in the NICU center she was born at 25weeks weighing 1 lb 15oz.....at that visit I started feeling chest pains and I instantly thought I was dying from a heart attack only to be told it was anxiety. Dr tried me on med from Lexapro to Paxil to visitaril TO BUSPAR TO XANAX,Zoloft. The Xanax works really well for me, but I was seen in ER yesterday for heart palpitations, chest pain, muscle and body weakness, blood pressure elevated heart rate elevated I thought it was the end of my life, The dr then said he would give me an injection of Ativan sent me home with some as well.....Last night was the first night I was able to sleep peacefully thanks to Ativan,,"

Dae87 July 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Female, 21. Developed a panic disorder and hypochondria at 16. I did CBT therapy for a long time which helped immensely. I would go to the ER and Dr constantly. I would have a hard time falling asleep because I would panic I would die. I have been on this for 6 years, 0.5mg-1mg as needed. I only took it when in the throws of panic during a time when I did not know how to cope. It has done absolute wonders for me. I take 0.5mg only a few times a year now just when my GAD gets to be too much or anxiety disrupts my sleep for more than a few days. It's wonderful in small doses, as needed, and combined with CBT. I have had no side effects or withdrawal except if you take it when you aren't panicking and on occasion it can make you quite sleepy."

Gardeniaaa July 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I'd been having problems with insomnia and anxiety, both conditions feeding off each other and making the other worse and creating mild depression. My GP prescribed 0.5mg to be taken at bed time as needed, to be increased to 1mg if needed (only gave me 14 tablets as they are habit forming). Amazing results! I slept through the night and woke feeling calm and NORMAL for the whole next day AND the day after! I've taken 3 doses in the last 11 days, and took 1mg after a particularly stressful day with the same good results. No side effects of note except for a very mild headache 24 hours after the first dose. I'm expecting to have a decreased need for these after starting a new job in the next week but so happy to have them to get me through."

AMtgr (taken for less than 1 month) July 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I was given a double dose of Ativan IV in the hospital and 1mg dose pills for home! Only took .25 on occasion and now I'm having withdrawal symptoms!Can anyone answer my question about Ativan being addictive with only .25 mg occasionally?"

Tina57 July 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "They work very well"

Pillmmman (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "You would have to be crazy to take Ativan. I took 1-2 mg 2x a day for 6 months and had withdrawal symptoms for almost 4 years after stopping over a 2 week period per my doctor. If you think your life is bad before taking Ativan just wait until you experience the withdrawal and after effects of this poison. After 2 years still had vibrating hyper sensitive vision and hearing . Burning in your nerves especially in your feet. Forget sleep all you do is lie in bed awake for me almost 2 years dreaming while awake. That part was the most torturous part of the med. The FDA needs to remove Ativan from FDA approval immediately."

BenzoWarrior0711 July 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Used at a funeral, supposed to take 0.5mgs, did not work at all. Took another, and another, and another. Maybe my doctor sucks, or maybe Ativan sucks. Do yourself a favor and get some Xanax if needed for occasional anxiety."

Ativandosage sucks (taken for less than 1 month) July 1, 2017