User Reviews for Lorazepam to treat Anxiety

Also known as: Ativan, Lorazepam Intensol

Lorazepam Rating Summary

8.1/10 Average Rating

Compare all 141 medications used in the treatment of Anxiety.

Reviews for Lorazepam

Melly · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 2, 2020

“I have severe anxiety disorder. And Lorazepam is my life saving drug. Last time I was taking 2.5 mg/day of it for 5 months and I got addicted to the pills. My doctor prescribed me Trazodone to help me overcome my Lorazepam addiction. And just after 1,5 month I was completely okay again. Those who struggle with the Lorazepam addiction, ask your doctor about Trazodone treatment. I live in Italy and here it's a common treatment for Lorazepam addiction.”

Honey bunny donuts · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 25, 2020

Ativan (lorazepam): “I have been on Ativan 1mg for almost three years now and whenever I’m super angry, anxious, jumpy it works wonders. For the past week I’ve been crying uncontrollably because of certain things going on and when people don’t show me any concern or comfort me I get irrationally angry and even chased my little sister for showing no sympathy. I’m a 23 year old woman and she’s a 16 year old girl so she’s got her own problems. I immediately took an Ativan and within 20 minutes they kicked in perfectly. I didn’t have an urge to cry anymore, I felt calm and relaxed, And kind of high and had a rational thought process. This is what effects Ativan usually has on me and sometimes I feel goofy and laugh at the most random things. But regardless I ❤️ This drug and couldn’t ask for better. I’ve been on clonazepam that’s ok but not as good as Ativan and I’ve been on Xanax once at the hospital but that made me even more anxious and my muscles jerked. I love Ativan so much”

Atta Van April 7, 2020

“This stuff does NOT work. My doctor prescribed it as a sleep aid and I'm back awake 2 hours later I don't even feel drowsy.”

Wahita · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 18, 2020

“I have been taking Ativan 1 mg 3x day as needed for probably 6 years. It worked well for a while for my anxiety and was good because it didn’t knock me out. I was still able to function and not feel like I was in a fog. Now it’s become completely ineffective. Tolerance built up and I have a lot of anxiety again. I keep taking it because I have to or things will be even worse. It feels like I’m just taking it for no reason though because it’s not doing it’s job. I’m trying to get my doctor to change it to something else.”

Marie February 16, 2020

“I. Love. This. Drug. I take Prozac for my anxiety which helps stabilize me day to day wonderfully, but when my thoughts are racing and my therapy techniques aren’t working and I’m on the verge of a panic attack this drug lorazepam works wonders. I’ll take .5mg and my mind goes quiet and calm within thirty minutes. If I take at night I fall asleep quickly, but I also have no problem staying awake on it if I take during the day. Lorazepam renders you a happy calm and the slightest bit loopy, but not in an incapacitating way. I’ve never experienced any negative side effects or withdrawal symptoms, likely because I take it very sparingly. Which leads me to... IMPORTANT NOTE: My doctor has warned me of how highly addictive this drug is so I only take it as a last resort, I have only taken ten pills in one and a half years. From all I have read and from my doctors warnings I would never use this as a daily drug- that’s what meds like Prozac are for!”

Betty · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 16, 2020

“I woke up one day in March 2018. It was a normal day, nothing had happened in my life so I have no idea why it happened . I’ve never had a panic attacks or anything like that. Just felt anxious every day and I couldn’t sleep . I tried Lexapro, Zoloft none of them worked. My doctor prescribed me 0.5 mg Lorazepam twice a day, that worked great for a while but then I started taking them both at the same time between 9:30 AM and 10 AM and it has done wonders. Doesn’t cause any drowsiness I get through my workday just fine and I immediately started sleeping much better.”

Joy · Taken for less than 1 month February 14, 2020

“I don't know what I would do without my lorazepam, I ordered it because I was out of it but it was on a weekend and I didn't have it for three days because I couldn't get to the pharmacy without a vehicle. I was so anxious I could eat think we're sleep! I prayed that God would find a way for me to get my medication when I got my medication I felt like a new person again I could function but without it I could not. Thank God we have physicians and medication that can help us. I give Ativan a 10 out of 10”

Mnich · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 5, 2020

Ativan (lorazepam): “Has gotten me through many sleepless nights and panic attacks. I only take it if I absolutely need to, to help me at night time when my anxiety is at its worse and only a dose of 0.5 mg. It almost always makes me sleepy and helps me sleep and normally I don't feel to groggy the next day.”

Dallas720 · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 3, 2020

Ativan (lorazepam): “I've been on this medication since 2018 and it works wonders for my anxiety. The first time I took it was when I was having an anxiety attack in the mall when it was really crowded. I usually take 1mg along with drinking juice, water or even soda never grapejuice. The effects kick in between 45 min and 2 hours and I feel extremely calm, happy, silly and even loopy. I wish the effects lasted longer than 8 hrs though but I still love this drug regardless”

Jarbles · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 3, 2020

“When I needed it 1 mg made me more akin to a normal person with no anxiety induced freak outs. I could function in public. For sleep, 2 mg started knocking me out but left me a little groggy in the morning. After I built a tolerance, even 3 mg wasn’t knocking me out any more and I was groggy from drugs and lack of sleep. New Bipolar 2 DX and new pdoc refuses to prescibe Benzos for fear of abuse and addiction. When it worked it worked great but high tolerance led to taking more and more and leaving me open for addiction and abuse.”

Drugs · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 17, 2020

Ativan (lorazepam): “Ativan does the job. But you do NOT want to go through the withdrawal. It's very bad. I have generalized anxiety and panic disorder to the point where I can't leave the house unless I really have to. And ativan makes it a lot easier to leave the house. The withdrawal makes your anxiety come back with vengeance. It's bad. For the short term it's great but long term you become addicted and physically dependent on it. And you build a tolerance so it doesn't help you as much as initially taking it. I love ativan and recommend it to anyone suffering from anxiety. Just make sure you wean off it or you will feel like a life becomes a nightmare.”

Mia January 15, 2020

“I've been on lorazepam for over 20 years. 1mg twice a day as needed. Have to take one at night because my brain never stops. It was my saviour med. If someone says they have something that will stop your paralyzing panic attacks and non stop anxiety, what would you do? I jumped right on it. Now I can't find a med doctor who wants to prescribe it! They want to put me in rehab?? I've had two heart attacks from my panic attacks so no, I'm absolutely terrified to get off the med. I also have very high blood pressure. So what I'm seeing is this could be the end of me because lorazapam is the only thing giving me somewhat of a normal life and Dr won't prescribe it. I'm Agoraphobic, have such bad panic attacks that they wake me up. Sometimes twice a night. I also suffer from depression, PTSD, OCD. Looks like I'm doomed. Thx doctors”

Jay · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 13, 2020

Ativan (lorazepam): “Safe and effective medication as long as you do not become dependent on it. PLEASE avoid getting hooked on this medication as it is a benzo and withdrawal from benzos can be deadly. Has helped me manage severe panic attacks due to anxiety, depression and ocd. I take 0.5 mg if I am having a severe panic attack and it immediately helps take the edge off.”

Carol · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 27, 2019

“I had a stroke, 9 actually. An artery filled with plaque broke loose after my unattended high blood pressure. Each of the pieces of plaque was considered a stoke. It change my personality almost completely. I have daily anxiety attacks and I started drinking which I never have before. It seems that I don’t care about anyone except me now. No empathy. I have a husband of 44 year and he’s sick and a disabled son. I tried therapy but he just kept bring up the past about how my parents treated me and I couldn’t handled that. So I started leaving once a month. I have too much anxiety. The Dr put me on 2mg a day of Lorazepam and I can control it better plus Zoloft. Zoloft alone did nothing. But if I didn’t have the Lorazepam to take daily, I don’t know where I’d be. I wish the DEA would stop being so strict on it when it’s given to those who really need it and long term. Nothing else has helped me.”

Andy · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 24, 2019

“Ativan is really good when you’re having a Panic attack or you feel like one is about to come on, it works quick so within 20 minutes you should feel calm and back to your “normal” ways. The issue with it is that you start becoming dependent on it, meaning it works so well that you start convincing yourself you need to take it going into any situation and not using it for what it’s meant to be used for which is what I mentioned above. What eventually ends up happening is that when you are not on it you are anxiety and panic gets 100 times worse than when you previously started taking it. I literally became one anxiety machine, got dizzy, nauseous and felt sick all the time without it. Once I stopped taking them everything went back to normal, this drug in my opinion is dangerous! Stay away from it unless you’re TRULY having a panic attack.”

ElectraTen · Taken for 5 to 10 years December 16, 2019

“lorazepam has saved my life of numerous occasions. When I’m doing all the things I should be to look after myself yet I still become completely overwhelmed, past the point of no return- to the point where my brain is mostly all nasty and mostly thinks about suicide- then even half a tablet makes the world of difference. The anxiety literally melts away and I’m able to start again and begin the looking after myself process again. I also like that I can use take it when I need and I don’t have to take regular SSRI medications which all made things worse for me and whose side effects were unbearable. At low dosages I have no side effects with lorazepam at higher dosages I lose balance or trip over things easier and can me forgetful and very sleepy.”

mitch December 14, 2019

Ativan (lorazepam): “I literally took one dose of 1.5 mg's of lorazepam after being prescribed the drug for panic attacks and anxiety. It worked for the panic attack, but since that 1st dose I haven't slept in 3 days. Reflecting on it now I would have rather just gone through the full on panic attack. This drug is no joke”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 12, 2019

“I take Ativan and Lexapro. Lexapro works amazing for depression. And Ativan seemed to change my personality. I’m actually more comfortable in my skin! People like the new me too. Imagine being able to be yourself, sleeping better (weird dreams though), and anxiety diminished.”

Ray · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 17, 2019

“Everyone let me completely honest. When I first started this medicine it was a life saver, until I realized my life was starting to surround whether I had the medicine or not. When I didn’t have it, I got very very sick. Throwing up, sweating, nausea, tremors all that. Basically withdrawing. So I did what I had to , to always have it. I am weaning myself off with the help of my doctor. Your body gets dependent on this. Don’t start it please. It’s not worth it. And I have horrible anxiety but it’s still not worth being a slave to a drug. It’s other things that help but not that! Please stay away!”

Hs · Taken for less than 1 month October 30, 2019

Ativan (lorazepam): “This is by far the scariest experience I have EVER had with a drug. Ativan immediately took the anxiety away but the after effects were horrible. I took it intermittently for 2 weeks and then noticed when I didn't take it consistently my anxiety was 100 percent worse. I was crawling out of my skin and so irritable. I also had uncontrollable muscle shaking and memory problems. This drug is very dangerous for some people. I'll stick to cognitive behavioral therapy.”

Smile 23 October 23, 2019

“This medicine is such a life saver 0.5mg morning and 0.5mg evening before bed added to an anti depressant cymbalta 90mg and Aripiprazole 5mg. My relative came out of a deep depression and anxiety after one day of trying lorazepam, after 7months of struggling with different kinds of anti deprepressants, Do not stop cymbalta lf its working for you you will regret the withdrawal effects are horrible and after a while the relapse is horrible. Lorazepam for anxiety is just perfect, definitely recommend but start at the, lowest dose esp if you want to add it to an antidepressant and same time every day. The side effect they complained lack of energy after waking up but that was just after 3 days of taking it”

Miss K · Taken for less than 1 month October 21, 2019

Ativan (lorazepam): “I had been having extreme anxiety and panic attacks for 4 or 5 days and didn’t feel like I could handle them on my own anymore. I went to the ER and they gave me Ativan to calm down. I’m not sure what the dosage was but it was in pill form. At that point I had been crying non stop for 3 hours as I was very scared and my heart was beating very fast. Within half an hour or so I could feel the medication working as it took the edge off of my anxiety. When I went home I immediately fell asleep and stayed asleep. I also hadn’t been sleeping well so that was a relief. It worked really well for me, but I only took it at the ER and haven’t taken it consecutively as a prescription. The only downside was I felt very groggy and foggy the next couple of days, but that could be attributed to exhaustion. Overall it really helped me a lot.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month October 18, 2019

Ativan (lorazepam): “Ativan amplified anxiety so bad I could not stop vomiting.”

Jr · Taken for 10 years or more October 17, 2019

Ativan (lorazepam): “I like Ativan better than valium but not xanax be careful on any benzodiazepines. They will mess with your brain up cause memory loss. I've been on them for 20 years. No way can I go off them now. I'm screwed. I tried twice and went insane. I kicked a 4 year opiate addiction with the help of suboxone and that was hard. Kicking benzos makes kicking opiates like candy. Trust me benzodiazepines are dangerous. My Dr never warned me of the addiction until I switched drugs. About 5 years in. Isn't that nice? I live with them they keep me calm. I have very bad anxiety but knowing what I know now I would have took a shot of vodka a couple times a day. I'm not a drinker but it beats the side effects of benzos. Moderation is the key.”

Restless · Taken for less than 1 month October 10, 2019

“Lorazepam Doctor gave me this at the hospital to deal with anxiety. Got a prescription for 8 tablets. I took the first tablet the following night and that was the worst night of my life. I was dreaming while awake, afraid to sleep for fear I will die in my sleep, having to use the fan in the winter because I was hot. Took 3 more tablets at different times and same negative results. Sleepless with my heart pounding I took a spoonful of Buckley's which calmed me down and I was able to sleep. Meantime I flushed the other 4 tablets down the drain. I now do my Buckley routine every time I am having anxiety. I will rather be addicted to Buckley's.”