User Reviews for Lorazepam to treat Anxiety (Page 6)

Also known as: Ativan, Lorazepam Intensol

Lorazepam Rating Summary

8.1/10 Average Rating

Compare all 141 medications used in the treatment of Anxiety.

Reviews for Lorazepam

Offativanforever · Taken for 10 years or more February 27, 2018

Ativan (lorazepam): “Have taken ativan on and off ..more on than off for 24 years. I have quit it for life and having terrible withdrawal symptoms. Hot, cold, blurred vision memory loss. Please do take this medication.”

Worried · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 24, 2018

Ativan (lorazepam): “I was prescribed ativan I mg every 4 to 6 hours approximately 6 years ago. This was given to me by my primary care physician as I was randomly shaking and feeling sick without provocation. I am so confused by this drug. You see the withdrawals are the same as the symptoms it was prescribed for. I fear I am addicted to it. I work everyday and am a functional person, could I be addicted to this med? I try to wean off but it doesn't work. I feel dizzy sick and shaky every time I try. This is an awful feeling. I wish I never needed it.”

helenasadness February 21, 2018

Ativan (lorazepam): “OK OK Ativan does work, especially when you're having a full on attack in the psychiatrict unit. But just like everything else it does become addicting. Beware”

akhb February 21, 2018

“I have had a history of panic attacks for years. Been to the emergency room feeling like I was dying. Felt almost as if I was having seizures. Couldn't get deep breaths and would get dizzy and feelings of dread, nerves under eyes would literally ripple. Went to ER about three years ago and thought I was having a heart attack, and it was a panic attack. Dr. told me to get to a psychiatrist. He started me on a low dose .5 mg three times a day. Within about 6 months I was taking 5 mg a day. I was getting 75 2mg tablets per month (so 2 1/2 pills a day). I know it is a lot but does keep my anxiety at bay. Problem is if I don't take a dose at night thinking I don't need it, I wake up feeling terrible. This is not a medicine that will be easy to ever come off of I know. At least my life is tolerable again though. It makes me a little drowsy sometimes but not too bad.”

NessyNewby February 14, 2018

“After years of crippling anxiety, Lorazepam gave me the most wonderful feeling of calm I have ever experienced. Unfortunately, as with other benzos, it doesn't last forever and you have to take more to get the same effect. If they could make a drug that continues to make you feel that calm, it would be a wonderful thing!”

Benzo no no February 13, 2018

Ativan (lorazepam): “Be careful with this sneaky drug at first it works great but very quickly I mean within days it is highly addictive before you know it you’ll be using it daily and withdrawal syndrome associated with benzo’s is horrible. Use with caution”

Worm321 · Taken for 10 years or more February 2, 2018

Ativan (lorazepam): “Helps for my insomnia better then it does for my anxiety. But I have Klonopin and Xanax for my many panic and forms of anxiety.”

khons98 · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 26, 2018

“I have tried multiple medications for anxiety and found this one to be the least effective. For my panic attacks it does not work as well as klonopin which I found to be the best. Maybe I'm on too low of a dose (.5mg) but I need to go back to my doctor and ask to try something different.”

Yikes-111 January 12, 2018

Ativan (lorazepam): “I was prescribed Ativan for panic attacks due to anxiety, and it has worked wonderfully well. After trying many different antidepressants and seeing no results, my doctor prescribed me 1mg Ativan for use as needed. As soon as I feel a panic attack coming on, I take a tablet - within 10 minutes, I start to feel calm, safe and relaxed. It’s a tremendously useful “emergency stop” button for panic attacks. The idea of having a medication that can stop a panic attach should one come on allows me to feel safe and relaxed throughout the day.”

SusanLucy · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 3, 2018

“I took lorazepam initially for anxiety during dental procedures. Then for social situations, meetings at work, then for help relaxing and sleeping. At no time did I know how much it would negatively affect my life. I took it for years! I have been lorazepam free now for 3 months. I used a chart I found online to withdraw safely over 16 weeks. My short term memory is now so much better. That is significant because I am elderly. I no longer for bouts of rage for no reason. I am now sleeping at night without medication. I do not feel this medication should be given to any patient. Just so glad I am free.”

Huligan100ee · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 22, 2017

“It’s much better than any other benzodiazepine, it causes I think less dependence and it’s so effective for anxiety, panic disorder. For insomnia perhaps it’s good with another coming along with. I really recommend it. I have tried other ones before and with diazepam and this one it’s the best.”

Frodofrodo baggins December 8, 2017

Ativan (lorazepam): “Started taking Ativan a few weeks ago and have noticed a decrease in my anxiety. I can also sleep a bit better”

JACKSTERP12 · Taken for 10 years or more December 7, 2017

“I have taken lorazepam off and on for about 17 years. Sometime high anxiety events come up, like losing your job, or finding out someone spend all your money, or the loss of a love one in your family. I don't abuse this drug. It has the potential to be very addictive. Getting off it can be very rough. In the last 10 years, I take it, very sparingly. Only 1 .5MG, and I try not to take it more than 2 days in a row. I tried to learn to reduce the anxiety or pressure by other methods like running, reading music etc. I tried to space it out usage at least 2 to 3 weeks even if I am going through a most difficult time like now, with the loss of my son. It's not a cure, since u body requires more the more you use.”

AmyAmyAmy November 22, 2017

Ativan (lorazepam): “Doctor prescribed ativan super willy-nilly because I've been dealing with panic attacks, and told me to take a 1mg tablet when I need to. Tried a 1mg tablet while panicking, and the effect is just unpleasant. I definitely feel that there are less 'voices' in my head; everything is much more quiet. But I'm also extremely drowsy.. so much so that I doubt I'd be able to take ativan at work (where my anxiety actually occurs). I'm also having strange muscle pains.. just feels like a really lame weed high. I won't try it again.”

skywheel · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 21, 2017

“About 4 years ago I started having early-morning awakening/insomnia/anxiety after excessive alcohol consumption the night before. Discovered that I could prevent this by taking diazepam my wife had lying around. When this ran out my GP prescribed lorazepam 0.5 mg. Gradually this lost effectiveness (tolerance) so I quit, also cut down on alcohol. A year ago I had a stressful situation and started 0.5 mg daily for a month, but was able to stop again with no side effects. However, my early-morning awakening/insomnia/anxiety had become chronic and independent of alcohol. A month ago I started 0.5 mg daily for 10 days, had a severe withdrawal, had to taper off. So, yes, like others wrote here: it works great, but not for chronic use.”

Somebody Else · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 17, 2017

“During several years of dealing with a psychotic family member in the home, I was on any number of psych meds. Ativan is the only one that works reliably when dealing with a screaming nutcase on a continuing basis. It's smoothing out the rough patches of the divorce now too. When I am under constant stress, I take 0.5mg 3 times a day. DO NOT discontinue suddenly. Taper off 0.5mg per day or every other day - You want to taper off over at least 5 days.”

Hummingbird 17 · Taken for less than 1 month November 17, 2017

Ativan (lorazepam): “I have had various SSRI's and etc - nothing worked. Just gone on 2.5mg ativan and feel it has saved my life. Seems I had crippling anxiety without being aware of it, as no panic attacks etc. So there are some people with bad experiences, but do not generalise.”

bpmabq · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 16, 2017

Ativan (lorazepam): “I had a nervous breakdown last year. Thought death was imminent and I would go to hell. My psychiatric CNP would not prescribe benzos. I was completely terrified, like a 2 month long panic attack. Went to the ER twice. They gave me ativan and I felt blissful relief. Right back to the terror the next day. I have a prescribing psychologist now who would give it to me if I needed it. But finally got prescribed clonazepam. It was okay but not nearly as good as the ativan. I used it for a while until the morbid dread subsided, had no rebound problems. Maybe if I took it for months on end I would. But nothing but benzos worked for me.”

Feeling well November 13, 2017

Ativan (lorazepam): “Just wanted to share my experience with SSRI's not good ,so I was put on Remeron ,still never took the edge off still had a lot of anxiety and other problems associated with anxiety. I have taken Ativan off an on for about 10 years with no side effects when going off for periods of time.So I consider it one of the better medications to take to get relief from anxiety.So give it a try. Thank you”

BobbyLue November 4, 2017

“Miracle drug for short term use. You get withdrawal problems after u grow a dependence to it. It will be dangerous like alcohol if you stop cold turkey. You have got to tapper off but works really good if u use when u get anxiety”

ReservedGene · Taken for 10 years or more October 26, 2017

Ativan (lorazepam): “Makes me more anxious. Higher doses are worse.”

Miracle medicine · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 10, 2017

“I started out being prescribed lorazapam for anxiety. Which works wonders for me. I also have chronic nausea with unknown cause and I noticed that when I feel really nauseated whether its from anxiety or some other reason it completly takes it away! It is truly a miracle medicine for me. Only down fall is it can be addictive and if I take it daily on a consistent basis. I did notice when I don't take it I get shaky all through my body which is not a nice feeling at all and my head gets dizzy and just a weird feeling. I would definitely recommend lorazapam to anyone who suffers from anxiety, nervousness or nausea. It is wonderful!”

AB92 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 30, 2017

“I have been taking Lorazepam 1mg as needed for about 6 months for Panic Disorder. It is the only thing I have found that helps me with minimal side effects. It is just frustrating dealing with doctors and psychiatrists who do not like the drug and want to keep experimenting on me with different drugs. I feel like my anxiety would calm down significantly if I was allowed to take this at a small dose every day, rather than only when I have panic attacks but for now I am following doctor's orders.”

Ricky Singh September 27, 2017

“I been taking this medicine 0.5 Milligram it works perfectly fine no side effects it helps me calm down helps me to sleep I was dying everyday before I started this medicine. I used to feel so stressed out this lorazepam has given my life back. As long as you don't take it stupidly. I'd rather take this medicine and not feel like rubbish everyday. I don't care what other people say about this medicine this medicine has been great for me - that's it”

Anonymous September 21, 2017

“Been on this medication for about a year now and I'm positive it works for me. I was diagnosed with MS and had a lot of anxiety and depression. This drug helps me calm down and take a different approach to things.”