User Reviews for Duloxetine

Also known as: Cymbalta, Irenka

Learn more about Duloxetine.

Dysthymia 1 reviews 3 medications

Urinary Incontinence 4 reviews 49 medications

4.4
Summary of Duloxetine reviews 1090 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Duloxetine

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Depression: "I suffer from major depression and many antidepressants have been of little help. My psychiatrist recently put me on Cymbalta and it changed my life. At first it made me feel very racy and jittery but after riding that out for a bit the side effects went away. Now, taking 60mg a day, I feel the best I've felt in about 20 years."

Dan9447 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 21, 2016

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Fibromyalgia: "I started on 30mg Cymbalta 3 weeks ago, mainly for Fibromyalgia and anxiety. Initially, I experienced extreme nausea, apathy, sleepiness and brain fog. I read reviews which said, stick with it, so I did! My first night of taking it, my head was buzzing, I was awake all through. So I decided to take it in the morning, but I slept most of the day. No good! I reverted back to taking it at 7.30 in the evening, with food. Over the last 3 weeks, I stopped noticing any side effects and I slept like a log! Fabulous! My pain is now less, I feel really motivated and my brain is now as it was years ago! I actually feel that I have more wisdom and intelligence! I am more outgoing and sociable and life is worth living! Give it a chance!!"

Banny August 19, 2016

For Depression: "Duloxetine is the generic to Cymbalta. Insurance will not cover the miracle drug Cymbalta which I used to use for chronic pain and depression until CDPHP dropped it from coverage. Duloxetine has severe side effects and will make you grow man boobs. The manufacture of Duloxetine says it might happen, but they don't care nor does CDPHP because its too hard to prove it. I've been on it only for 2 years because CDPHP drop Cymbalta which I've been on since entering the market with other so-so anti-depression meds for chronic pain from a broken neck."

Mark Sparks August 18, 2016

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Started taking "Cymbalta" (Duloxetine 60mg daily) just under one year ago. I was suffering from SEVERE and debilitating anxiety, everyday, all day for months. Prior to that I had been suffering with anxiety mildly for about 5 years, with the occasional anxiety attack every few months. It rapidly changed to a severe problem where I was battling anxiety attacks daily, even multiple a day. I was sure I could "beat" anxiety with exercise, therapy, better work/home life balance, and being an overall healthier version of myself. But I quickly learned that there was no "beating" anxiety. So instead, I reluctantly decided to treat it with medication. And it has SAVED my life. I actually have a life now."

DADXOXOX (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 17, 2016

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "First dose made me sick feeling, nauseous, stomach issues. Created too many problems, I rather live with anxiety. Wish the drug people would come out with something new, w/o so many bad side effects. I will not take this drug ever. My anxiety is mild compared to many. I can function pretty good most of the time. Things are very stressful for me now with a sick husband. Don't take this drug."

Southern Gal August 16, 2016

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Depression: "I usually cannot handle break-ups and become severely depressed, often crying myself to sleep. I was prescribed this medication for anxiety, which just so happened to be a few days before I was broken up with. Because of this medication, I was able to continue with my life almost unaffected. In fact, I had a more positive outlook, knowing I was worth more than my depression had previously led me to believe. This medication has saved me from an immense amount of emotional suffering."

thoughtsoh August 14, 2016

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Depression: "Been on this med for 1 week. 30 mg. Within hours I felt better. I have fibromyalgia and depression. Was on 30 mg Celexa for 18 years and it no longer worked. Fibro became so bad I was afraid I would have to retire. Couldn't work properly and difficulty concentrating in the office. Went to a new doctor who recommended Cymbalta. Started it in a.m. and by 3 p.m. the pain was starting to ease. A miracle drug to me. Stayed on 10 mg for 5 days along with the Cymbalta. When stopped Celexa no withdrawal. This med has changed my life. The sun came out again. Everyone reacts differently to meds so I won't say everyone should take, but it certainly has worked for me."

Miss Alma (taken for less than 1 month) August 13, 2016

For Small Fiber Neuropathy: "I was on Cymbalta for about 6 months and it did seem to help my mood and neuropathic pain."

GrannyM148 August 11, 2016

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Chronic Pain: "I started out on 30mg for one week then moved up to 60mg, since starting the larger dose I am having frequent dizzy spells, headaches & fatique. I am planning to give it more time, this rx so far, has been the only rx that has lowered my pain due to chemotherapy. Hopefully, these side effects will stop soon."

thecitycricket August 8, 2016

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Depression: "It didn't help depression or low grade chronic pain AT ALL. I had better depression relief from Celexa and Wellbutrin. But the biggest reason I caution against cymbalta is because of the extreme withdrawal symtoms I experienced. I followed the doctor-recommended protocol to wean off. Weaning seems to mean prolonging misery. The nausea and dizziness I have endured for the last 5+ weeks with no end in sight is debilitating. I urge you to please research your options thoroughly before even trying cymbalta."

Hashimotos disease August 5, 2016

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy: "I have been taking the drug for just a little over 3 weeks , I want a life membership for this Drug , I hardly have any pain , I can feel my feet and feel great on it , I am one of the lucky ones after reading many posts , i Have had nerve pain for almost 3 years and it has been brutal , I have tied amtatriplean , and lyrica , both did not wok , feeling way better"

Raz1959 August 5, 2016

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Back Pain: "After reading all the reviews and trying just about everything under the sun, I have found something that works for my lower back pain. I was in a car accident when I was 14 and broke my L4&5, since then I have been dealing with back pain (I am now 40). Last year my Dr. Discussed cymbalta with me. After doing some research I decided to give it a whirl, I was almost turned off the idea due to some of the negative experiences...glad I tried it. I am currently pain free, I did experience some side effects all of which dissapeared before 5 months; Excessive yawning Not being able to ejaculate during sex Feeling of tiredness Some anxiety Sweats Weight gain Vivid dreams kept peeing a little after I thought I was done Give it time, if you try!"

Benderben (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 5, 2016

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "It changed my life. Had anxiety every day for 4 years. My anxiety is like blowned away and I can start working with my self. Now 1 year on Cymbalta and still feeling fine."

Mike84Sweden August 3, 2016

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Fibromyalgia: "I took cymbalta for depression, anxiety, and for severe fibromyalgia symtoms. The extreme mood swings, depression, constant thoughts of suicide, symtoms that mimicked my already existing fibromyalgia symptoms and unfortunately made them worse. Sleepless nights-even days at a time, drowsiness, complete change in my personality. When I started a physician observed decrease with intention to quit cymbalta altogether, I tried killing myself multiple time, shakes, tremors, skin crawling, brain and body "zaps", nausea vomiting diarrhea mood swings hospitalization. Don't, just don't take it. There are other drugs and cbt therapies that are tried and true. Whose long term side effects are well understood and documented. Almost ruined me."

Nbkkw3y (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 30, 2016

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Depression: "Made me very sick to my stomach, couldn't eat anything without wanting to vomit. Sedated too much to the point I didn't want to get out of bed all day. Also gave me insomnia. (30 mg)"

Pl24 (taken for less than 1 month) July 25, 2016

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Add on to 30mg mirtazapine. Cymbalta taken in morning. 1st day: diarrhea, very stoned feeling all day, slightly more anxious. 2nd day: slightly more depressed and anxious, a little less stoned feeling, slight constipation, sexual dysfunction. 3rd day: extremely depressed...worst I've ever felt. Suicidal. 4th day: same extreme and worsening depression. Couldn't handle it, stopped taking it after 4th day. Worsened depression to the extreme. Don't know if the side effects would've lessened, but couldn't take the extreme depression. Sexual dysfunction also added to depression."

Frankly July 25, 2016

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Chronic Pain: "I was prescribed 20 mg of Cymbalta three days ago. The agonizing pain in my knees is virtually gone. Not kidding! All the negative posts almost made me quit. Don't give up. I was offended that my doctor prescribed this medication as it is an antidepressant. I convinced myself I wasn't suffering depression I was suffering from chronic pain. Come on people! Who, if you are in chronic pain isn't depressed? I couldn't do anything anymore. I couldn't get out in the garden, couldn't cook for my family, couldn't walk up or down stairs without leaning on the rails. I know it's too soon to tell but I know it is doing what ever it's suppose to do in my brain to cut out the pain."

SandraDV July 21, 2016

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Depression: "Then everything went haywire. Psychiatrist kept me going until I was at 120mg a day. Depression worsened, experienced disassociative episodes (foggy memory while on these episodes where I do not remember certain events), increased headaches, insomnia, irritability, and suicidal thoughts. I'm appalled that my psychiatrist thought it was ok to keep increasing the dose until it was more than double what I was taking initially (20mg) despite symptoms getting much worse. During this time I also had 0 access to adequate talk therapies, whether in a group setting or 1-1 with a trained counselor. I am absolutely sickened that these dangerous drugs are promoted as a band-aid fix all solution when talk therapies are completely disregarded."

Worked for about a month... (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 19, 2016

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Chronic Pain: "I started taking Cymbalta one month ago and saw positive results almost immediately. I was injured in a rear end collision 18 years ago"

scoz July 18, 2016

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Fibromyalgia: "I have been taking Cymbalta, 60mg, for approx. 2 years. I also take Amitriptiline (I don't know how to spell it!) as well. My Fibromyalgia pain has lessened so much I sometimes think it is to good to be true! My sister was diagnose with Polymyalgia Rheumatica at about the same time and was taking Predisone. She had no relief. I told her to have her primary doc to test the Fibro pressure points. Long story short, the doctor put her on Cymbalta and she felt relief within 1 week! Has finally been able to sleep better and lift her arms over her head. This medication has pretty much saved my life. I have been treated with bipolar disorder successively for many years, but noticed that since I have taken Cymbalta, my outlook on life has improved"

Sadikens July 13, 2016

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Depression: "I went on Cymbalta for my fibromyalgia pain and depression. I never had any real early side effects like nausea or vomiting, but I have gained 15 pounds. My meds have helped me and I don't suffer from as many days of dreading to get out of bed. Cymbalta has helped me greatly and if some extra weight is the price I have to pay to be happy then I can deal with that."

Birch bitch July 13, 2016

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Chronic Pain: "I had such terrible pain and lost my ability to walk. My Doctor put me on cymbalta and within 48 hours my pain had decreased. I had to up my dose from 20 to 30 and everything is fine and I am walking and my back and pelvis pain had greatly decreased. Thank God for the drug cymbalta."

Ponchita (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 13, 2016

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Anxiety: "I'm on at this time 1mg alprazalam 3×a day. And Cymbalta 60 milligrams once a day ever since I started taking the Cymbalta my anxiety my mood my pain it all feels way better. I used to take 8 or as many as I needed bars a day for my anxiety. Finally got into a psychiatrist I was so freaked out that they were going to prescribe me Xanax for anxiety because doctors are so blah blah blah about it because people screw it up for people like me that need it well the Cymbalta lowered my Xanax use basically in half I think it's really more mental on my part and the Cymbalta has been really good for me I had one time that I went off of it for 2 days because I couldn't make it to the pharmacy and yes my anxiety came back in full-blown anxiety."

Lonely0420 July 12, 2016

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy: "I have a amputated left arm I have horrible nerve pain ,the doctor I just saw started me on cymbalta I have only been on it a week and have not noticed any different yet how long does it take for it to work?"

No Arm (taken for less than 1 month) July 11, 2016

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Depression: "I have tried many many different meds for anxiety and depression.I have been taking this for a month now and it has helped me so much. I have less anxiety episodes and feel much happier and relaxed."

ontnurse2 July 11, 2016