User Reviews for Duloxetine

Also known as: Cymbalta, Irenka

Learn more about Duloxetine.

Persistent Depressive Disorder 1 reviews 3 medications

Urinary Incontinence 4 reviews 49 medications

4.4
Summary of Duloxetine reviews 1220 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Duloxetine

For Depression: "I am 20 years old. I was struggling with anxiety and depression for several years. Both peaked my junior year of college and I found it too much to bear. I went to my family doctor and he prescribed me 30 mg duloxetine. It changed my life in the most positive way. Before I started taking it, I would wake up every morning nauseous from anxiety. I was never at ease, I had the worst self confidence and thoughts of suicide. I was dreading my future. Now, my quality of life has greatly improved. I get excited when I think of what my life will bring. I wake up, and I live life. Things aren't perfect but compared to where I was 6 months ago, they are incredible. I don't know if it's for everyone, but it worked for me and I am so grateful."

C_M_07 March 28, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression: "My doctor prescribed me Duloxetine 30mg for depression/anxiety and I really wanted to like it, but I just can't. I took this drug for just 2 days and after that, I had to stop (starting today). After taking this horrible drug, my eyes has become sensitive to light, feels badly strained. I also get blurry vision sometimes, but worst of all, I woke up this morning with dry blood in my right eye. It wasn't a lot, but it was enough to force me to quit this drug. I regret ever taking this drug. I've had healthy eyes my entire life and I'm really hoping these symptoms go away soon. I will never touch this drug again and I would never recommend it to anyone. I refuse to take any drug that messes with your eyes."

Kage7 (taken for less than 1 month) March 27, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Fibromyalgia: "I was prescribed Cymbalta when I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia last year. Cymbalta is by far the worst medicine I could ever imagine being on. It did nothing for my fibromyalgia pain. I stayed on it to see if it would work with time, nothing. I told my doctor I felt no better about my fibromyalgia pain and decided to wean off. This is the ugly part. My dose went from 60mg to 30mg for the next two weeks and then I was told to take it every other day for 2 weeks and so I did. Here I am 3 days off of it completely and I feel horrendous. Muscles are stiff, mouth is constantly dry, diarrhea is nonstop, vomiting, constant nausea, headache, body zaps, brain zaps, feeling exhausted but can't sleep. Cymbalta is hell. Please avoid at all costs."

Rachpar March 26, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Depression: "I must say that it helped with my neuropathy, but from day one, I had a terrible time urinating and was experiencing horrible nightmares. As soon as I discontinued it, these symptoms went away. I am on Zoloft now without any problems."

bfdarvey3744 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 26, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression: "Been taking generic cymbalta for about 2 months for depression, anxiety, and OCD. When I first started I fluctuated between super tired and super hyper, that lasted for a few weeks. I also got dizzy a lot. After about 4 weeks all the side effects went away and now it's helping a lot with depression and helps a bit with anxiety and OCD. Your mileage may vary but for me this medication has been a godsend."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 26, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Peripheral Neuropathy: "I am a 59 year old male with non-diabetic nerve pain due to several bad disks. I was prescribed Gabapentin, which worked very well, unfortunately after about 13 mo, I developed an allergy to it, so my Dr prescribed Cymbalta, 30 mg 2x/ day and it has worked quite well also. The only side effect I have experienced is a bit of tiredness and sleeping more than before, but I have always been a poor sleeper, so this has been a bonus! During my annual checkup last week, my doctor suggested I try to go off Cymbalta to see if the nerve pain has improved. I was told to cut my evening dose for a week, then begin taking one pill every other day for a week, and so on. At one pill every other day, my foot pain has returned I can't sleep my head is literally spinning!!"

Dengay (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 23, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Depression: "I had such a mixed experience on Cymbalta. I took it for 1 month. It made half my day awful, and the other half great. I would take it in the morning (30mg) and for the first half of the day I would feel this dark undercurrent, but kind of speedy at the same time. It made me have terrible anxiety and paranoia and I fought with my husband in the mornings, accusing him of petty things. Then around 1pm this darkness would lift and I would feel happy; it was really bizarre. But the damage done to my marriage from my behavior in the mornings was terrible. I hope my husband can forgive me for the drama. My last dose was 2 days ago and I feel much more stable and sane. I did not like how this drug altered my personality so much in the mornings."

ccinsf (taken for less than 1 month) March 23, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Fibromyalgia: "I suffered for about 2 yrs with fibromyagia. With in the first 2 days at 20mg I felt a significant decrease in the electrifying buzzing throughout my body. I finally got comfortable enough to get a good night of sleep. The first day I had eye pain but it went away later in the day. Currently I wake up in the morning with a little nausea and my fingers swell but this too subsides throughout the day. Overall I have been more active and alert than I could ever remember. :)"

Tiff L (taken for less than 1 month) March 23, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hot Flashes: "I am a 53 year old woman who took Cymbalta 90mg/day for years (pain from spinal degeneration and arthritis). I ran out 6 weeks ago, and my doctor couldn't be reached to renew my prescription. I didn't feel very well for a few days, but then felt like I had before when I was taking Cymbalta (i.e., I realized it wasn't helping my pain) so I didn't restart it. I then began experiencing dreadful hot flashes and bed-drenching night sweats. After three weeks of this, I knew it wasn't Cymbalta withdrawal...the Cymbalta had been controlling what I just thought was a smooth-sailing menopause! I got my prescription refilled, but tried just taking 30 mg...and within days the hot flashes and night sweats stopped. Very effective!"

Stops Hot Flashes (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 22, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I've tried prozac, effexor, welbutrin and buspar. Cymbalta is the only med that makes me feel normal and cures my anxiety with no noticeable side effects. There is a withdrawal if I miss a dose and it involves being very sleepy, vivid dreams and night sweats. It's not fun, but it's worth feeling normal again."

Alezie (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 17, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Anxiety: "I'm hoping my comments reaches out to those who like me gave up on medication time and time again as it affected their work outs. As a long distance runner and someone suffering from years of major PTSD and Anxiety, it was nearly impossible to have the stamina to run while on meds. I'd have to grin and bear the struggles of my PTSD without meds during my years of marathon training. Cymbalta and Latuda have been the perfect combination for me. Though Latuda is more for Bi-Polar, it has helped many people with PTSD, like myself. I have no weight gain and I have plenty of stamina to do my running. I'm so grateful to God and my doctor for finding the best program for me. If you're an athlete, help is out there."

SoCalPhilly March 14, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Peripheral Neuropathy: "I could never tell I took Cymbalta. No help what so ever even at dosage of 60 mg two times a day."

Gangles March 13, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Depression: "I took it for 5 days 30mg and have never felt so sick. The first day I was crippled with diarrhea and a headache which continued to the following day. I then got a tightness in my throats and couldn't stop yawning. I stopped eating due to the nausea.The headache didn't go away and by day 3 was joined by an earache and sweating. Yesterday was the worst. All of I sudden my vision became blurry and I couldn't talk properly. It was terrifying. Like my brain stopped working. I couldn't drive and was so dizzy I kept falling over. I stopped immediately and now have to wait 3 days for it to leave my system. I still feel horrendous and I still can't see properly."

Sugarplumsquirrel March 9, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Chronic Pain: "This medication gave me all of the bad side effects of (dry mouth, sweats, nausea, etc) but did nothing for my pain. I am infuriated that now that this "generic" is out, the original is through the roof expensive. The generic is NOT the same. Total rubbish."

Bex1 March 8, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Anxiety: "Started on cymbalta 30mg in Aug 2017. I do suffer from anxiety and in addition to that I have herniated discs and problems in my neck. This medicine has been the greatest thing I have ever taken. Finally I can go to grocery stores alone and not have panic attacks in the middle of walmart. So my anxiety has greatly improved. The tingling and dizziness I would get in my head and arms is gone. My neck pain has improved but it could get even better if I could increase my dose to 60 mg. But my blood pressure is at times is too high. Once this is under control they will increase cymbalta. I have had no side affects at all on this medication and feel like I can live again. Mood has improved and I feel like myself again."

Shuna (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 7, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Fibromyalgia: "I've been taking 60mg of Cymbalta and 300mg of Lyrica along with other meds like Tylenol 3, Vicodin, trazodone, alprazolam and vitamins for about 9 months for fibromyalgia. I haven't noticed much of any difference in the pain dept. The only thing I notice is the trazodone and alprazolam helps me sleep about 5-6 hours a night. The pain is still there and I'm just getting so tired of all the pain and frustration. I've seen a rheumatologist and a physiatrist but nothing has changed. I don't know what else to do or try."

Bobmkatt March 7, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I married a great man. I put this man through hell . I'm 34 was 32 had a hysterectomy and here came menopause. I was living hell. I felt every bad feeling you could possibly feel. For no reason. Finally this Feb 2017 I snapped. I don't remember much other than trying to kill myself. I almost lost my family. I reached out for help my Dr put me on 30mg then 60 now 120. The 1st day I felt brand new. My face was numb but that's it. Everything is brighter better warm and I have love in my ❤ Thank you for saving me!"

Kansas Kim March 6, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Chronic Pain: "I was in an accident 3 months ago. I had extreme pain and finally I found a doctor who listened to me. After my accident and my lower buttocks legs and heels I could hardly move not including all the neck problems I had the first wee.k I felt some flu symptoms however one day I woke up and I have to say it made me 75% better I just got increased from 30 to 60 it seems like I might have some of the side effects. I first had my body a little flu like feeling, in my mind a little foggy, however if you're really taking this for nerve pain I would suggest this to anyone it has helped me more than anything. Starting next month I'm going to wean off of the narcotic pain pill I've taken 3 months all the bad reviews on most scared me from me but I tried"

Alley 267 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 4, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Please DO NOT take this!!!! I have taking it for 7 years it never really worked I don't know why I kept taking it, When I was diagnose with mood disorder they put me on new meds and took me off cymbalta. They did wean me off BUT I WAS AWFUL THE WITHDRAWALS WERE AND STILL ARE 3 WEEKS LATER SO BAD!!! THE BRAIN ZAPS ARE THE WORST AND THEN THERE IS SWEATING SHAKING NAUSEA PLEASE DON'T EVEN START IT EVEN IF IT MAKE YOU FEEL GOOD"

Pamipoo414 February 26, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder: "I loved this medication. It really worked for me, however I had to up my does because I didn't feel motivated anymore but that was more of my depression, not the medication. I stopped taking his medication because it is incredibly expensive. My insurance would only let me get a 3 month supply at a time and they kept raising the price of my medication so I ended up paying $174 for 3 months. Might not seem like a lot but it is. Especially since I HAVE TO take this medication. I can't just not take it. It was too expensive and there wasn't any other generic kinds so I switched to Zoloft. Way more affordable. Good medication but you're gonna lose customers if you don't change the price."

Cydney4171995 February 21, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression: "My pyschiatrist put me on Duloxetine 30 mg. in the beginning of 2 weeks my appetite decreased and also I felt more worsening of depression. It took me 4 weeks to actually kick in this medication and I am improving day by day now. I am more social and enjoying my life. I want to say to all of u is that take this medication time. It takes time to actually kick in and also side effects will go away. Thank you Cymbalta"

YoAc (taken for less than 1 month) February 18, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Anxiety: "I took this drug for GAD. Of course it did its job. BUT PLEASE READ ABOUT ITS WITHDRAWAL SYMPTOMS BEFORE STARTING!!! I have stopped taking it 4 days ago and you can't imagine the things I am going through. I remember before taking it, I read reviews about this drug. And one of the reviews wrote 'DO NOT TAKE THIS DRUG. IT IS HELL' and I was like why so dramatic. And oh boy was he not!! I am reading about how to reduce the withdrawal symptoms. And after reading the users who are trying to stop Cymbalta on this page https://www.drugs.com/answers/long-cymbalta-withdrawals-747877.html?page=2, I found out that I have a long way to go. Please be careful."

Fadi MEL February 18, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder: "Prior to the intro of Cymbalta (about 2004?), I had tried MAOIs, trycyclics, Prozac, Zoloft, Effexor, Wellbutrin, multi-drug cocktails and 20 rounds of ECT for recurring bouts of major depression. I attempted suicide, flatlined in the ambulance on the way to a hospital, but somehow lived. A couple years later, I was prescribed 120 mg of Cymbalta (at the time, that was twice the recommended dose) and gradually tapered off 5 other drugs. Almost immediately I began to feel better and, gradually over the next year of so, returned to my 'normal' self. I never thought that would happen. Since then, 40 mg of Adderall was added to help combat fatigue. Life has been good ever since. Cymbalta may not be the 1 for you, but don't give up."

Saul Wright (taken for 10 years or more) February 15, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Anxiety: "It helps me a great deal for my anxiety. I have been taking it for 8 years and it works very well. Also, since I start taking it, my lower back pain got better, but still I have some bouts once in awhile. I will ask my doctor if I can upgrade the dosage to help me when I have those bouts!"

Ziggy7471 February 15, 2017