User Reviews for Duloxetine

Urinary Incontinence
4.4

Summary of Duloxetine reviews 6.5 1,477 reviews

Reviews for Duloxetine

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Chronic Pain: "I have gained 50lbs from this med, so I stopped it, I went through the absolute worse withdrawals. I've been off 3 months and now just started back up tonight. I will figure out how to get the weight off but for fibro pain it has been the best one yet"

angela (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 12, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder: "Didn't improve depression. I couldn't eat much, which made me lose some weight I gained after my treatment with Effexor. I also had constipation and very dark stool (it would come out only once a week, a side effect similar to Wellbutrin). Doctor then changed my prescription to Brintellix/Trintellix, which has no side effect after the first week, though it still not helpful after 3 weeks on it. Too bad efficacy of antidepressants is so limited"

gcarvalhomaciel (taken for less than 1 month) September 11, 2018

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Chronic Pain: "I have no complaints , been on it for weeks now . Feel so much better"

Clara (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 7, 2018

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Anxiety: "I had pain throughout my entire body I felt like I was dying. My moods were at an all time low for months. No ambition just wanted to sleep and give up on life at age 45. I had been on other medicines for several years they worked ok but I still had issues. I just tried to cope with them until it became too much. I am on day 2 of Cymbalta 60mg and I can already feels the difference. I wake up feeling alive and I’m not hurting all over my body. My mentality is about 80% better already. Thank goodness this worked!! I hope it helps others as much as it has helped me!"

Jaye September 6, 2018

For Fibromyalgia: "I have been taking duloxetine for 5 days and my fibromyalgia has become worse since the first day. I take pregabalin 100mg 3x a day and was taking cocodamol 30/500 when needed. Until my pharmasist recommend coming off codine as this is safer. I feel off my face, I look off my face, I am clenching my jaw, pain is back up to a 9 and I am having to sleep on a folded duvet with pillows to stop me moving and a cushion to hug so that I don't move as I am in so much pain. I wish I never listened to the pharmacist. I am struggling and I am back to square one with my pain."

boo (taken for less than 1 month) September 4, 2018

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Anxiety: "Been taking for 10 days. First day upset stomach. Took for 2 days at night, but was having insomnia getting 3-5 hours sleep. Switched to mornings and started getting 6-7 hours sleep after 1 week. Noticed big improvement with slight depression within first few days (I was easily emotional several times a day). Anxiety is not gone but seems to be getting better already. Little dry mouth and decreased appetite (lost 4 lbs) but seems to be getting better each day. The first few days can be a little rough but I'm seeing improvements and I suggest to people stay with it the side effects will improve."

Rocket (taken for less than 1 month) August 30, 2018

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Depression: "Cymbalta is the only antidepressant that works for my depression & anxiety. With it I feel calm and can think clearly and logically. I don’t catastrophise. I don’t get dark thoughts. Essentially no side effects. This drug radically changed my life for the better. A wonder drug."

R X (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 30, 2018

For Depression: "I took it for 6 weeks for anxiety and depression and at first I felt good and happy, but I gradually had large fits of anger ( and I'm not an angry person), panic attacks, paranoia and numbness. I didn't exactly feel bad and as depressed before though."

Mary (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 30, 2018

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Anxiety: "It seems to help with most days but I am still on a dosage increase. I started at 30mg then bumped to 60mg and now I am at 90mg. I still have bad days but I'm hoping these will lessen as I become accustomed to the 90mg dosage. Next to no side effects except that weird 1% side effect of INSANE bruises."

SquidFartz (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 27, 2018

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Anxiety: "Cymbalta was really hard to take at first. I felt very out of it the first day, the second and third day the nausea was unbearable, I had terrible stomach cramps but the worst was the insomnia (but I had that before I started taking cymbalta). I was advise to try to stick to it and not give up because the benefits were coming. After 6 days I was so happy that all the side effects disappeared, I'm sleeping on my own with out insomnia meds, I feel like myself again and the terrible panic and dispersonalisation I was having are gone. I know I still have some time to go until is in full effect. I'm only on my second week but I'm excited to know that is going to be even better. Yes! Side effects suck and you feel you can't take it! BUT I think about the quality of life I was having without it and I'm afraid because it was so bad I was thinking of doing "anything" to stop it. Cymbalta is giving me the opportunity to enjoy life again. If you are struggling with side effects just hang in there. It will get better."

Anonymous August 25, 2018

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Anxiety: "Although this medication helped me tremendously with my anxiety I believe it should not be taken by people who already deal with suicidal thoughts. I took 30 mg for a month and was fine maybe a little sleepy, as soon as I was raised to 60mg my suicidal thoughts were back and consistent, I have since gone back down to 30 mg and it is still happening."

Haily (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 24, 2018

For Back Pain: "I was given this recently to try as alternative to amitriptyline, and rather then increase pain patch too, I must say I’ve only had one tablet and one tablet that I did have, knocked me for 6. Now, I’m pretty good with pain meds ,I’ve had that many different ones my body has built up a tolerance. But this was horrible. Within 45 minutes of taking it, I felt horrendous. I started seeing double, could hardly get out of the chair I felt so heavy. Had to try take myself to bed to sleep it off, needless to say I got about two hours sleep before my back was throbbing and numerous other side affects took place. It’s only now , what.... 3 days later I can stand up for more then 5 minutes and not want to either rush to the toilet or pass out. I’m not willing to go through that again to give it a longer try. I’d rather have morning sickness again, and that was bad. Fair play if it works for some people but this definitely isn’t one for me."

Lou August 24, 2018

For Depression: "I was hoping this would work. I have been on numerous types of these drugs. Something was missing in my life. Which was the real reason to try this. Unfortunately this drug isn't for me. By day 4 I was a wreck. Absolutely horrible side effects. I was going to give this more time but after being so miserable for 2 days. More side effects that I can count on both hands. To those with success on this drug. Great. Just not for me. I'm already feeling some better since I didn't take it this morning. Back to generic Buspar and generic ativan today. Not perfect but a heck of a lot better than the previous 4 days"

paradises2 (taken for less than 1 month) August 19, 2018

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Chronic Pain: "I was prescribed cymbalta yesterday and after taking only one pill I became incoherent. Thank goodness I was safe at home. I begin accusing my husband of things and spoke of things that made no sense. It was awful. I suffered some type of psychosis. I didn't recognize my husband and so forth. I even tried to call cops because I was scared of my family. It wore off after several hours . Very bad experience"

Adria August 18, 2018

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Anxiety: "This medication honestly changed my life. I thought I was fine while taking it, so I went off cold turkey. It was the worst experience of my life. I took my 2 pills after about 9 days off. After an estimated 3 hours, I felt like my normal, happy, non-anxiety self again. I don't recommend it to anyone though. I tried about 4 different medications before Cymbalta was the one that helped me. Good luck!"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 13, 2018

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Back Pain: "I have been a nurse for the past 30 years, and my job requires me to be on my feet for 90% of the time I am at work. Also at times we have to do heavy lifting and yes we learn safety techniques to do this, but sometimes you still end up with a back injury. I myself suffer from Lumbar Stenosis and after about 10 minutes of standing I begin to experience very heavy lower back pain and sometimes both my legs get numb. So my Neurologist prescribed Cymbalta 30mg once daily, at first it was amazing, I had zero pain for the first time in 5 years. But it was short lived, after about 1 month the excruciating pain was back, so the dosage was adjusted to 60mg once daily. Again it worked wonders but after 1 month the pain was back. So this medication did Not work for me."

Scrub Nurse (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 11, 2018

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Anxiety: "About 8 years ago I was going through a major depression and anxiety and bipolar and OCD all wrapped in one. The psychiatrists I had been seeing tried using the old school drugs Zoloft etc. Nothing was helping so I checked myself into an inpatient program. Then the miracle happened. The in house Psychiatrist put me on CYMBALTA. He explained that it differed from the older medicines in that it affects two parts of the brain. I experienced very little side effects and within a couple weeks I was feeling like my old self. It truly is a miracle med in my opinion."

Comeback Kid (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 6, 2018

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Depression: "Cymbalta has radically changed my life. Prior to taking this medication, I wanted to end my life due to severe depression and anxiety. After a couple weeks on this drug, my mind began to shift. I am now calmer, more balanced and happier than I'd been in years. I feel so much more level-headed. It allows me to associate more meaning with people, things and activities in life. My relationships with coworkers, customers and people around me have been strengthened. I used to never talk to or invest my time in other people around me and now I actually enjoy socializing. It even helps me in other strange ways like making me more organized, keeping my apartment clean, getting rid of junk I don't need or use, etc. I thank the universe for leading me to this drug."

Darksoul (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 5, 2018

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Depression: "This medicine has changed my life- I suffered from severe panic disorder and anxiety. I can now function and actually feel normal. I have had no side effects from cymbalta."

Laur laur (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 3, 2018

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Anxiety: "I had several side effects including nausea, fatigue, sweating, nightmares, elevated blood pressure, and constipation."

Brie (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 2, 2018

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Fibromyalgia: "I take 60mg a day for Fibro and can honestly say it helps. It doesn't take ALL of the pain away, but reduces it from an 8 to a 5/6 and down to maybe a 3 when I'm not having a flare up, which I'm grateful for as I'd rather have some relief than none. The only negatives to this are that I now grind my teeth worse than ever when I'm asleep, and it can give me horrendous nightmares, so I've been given Amytriptyline to take at night as well to see if that stops those side effects as I'm not keen to stop the Duloxetine (Cymbalta)"

KaznDaz (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 27, 2018

For Anxiety: "Only on for 4 days but had severe insomnia."

Flossy (taken for less than 1 month) July 24, 2018

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Fibromyalgia: "I have had significant joint pain ongoing since 2012. I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis and spent the next three years going through a host of every med available. None of them worked and many made it worse. I went to the Mayo Clinic in 2016. The top RA doc there after running many tests said he didn’t think I had RA, but Sjogren's disease. He suggested I try Cymbalta for pain, but was so tired of meds that I honestly just toughed it out until a few months ago. I have been in excruciating pain - mainly my feet and hand joints for six years. I grudgingly found another RA doc who would treat me (Mayo wouldn’t) and the first thing he said is that he felt my autoimmune condition was likely fibromyalgia and suggested I try the Cymbalta. Amazingly, it has been a complete game changer. Within the first month, I could tell it was working. I am now in almost zero pain and have had no side effects that are worth mentioning. I have nothing but positive things to say about this medication."

Heidigr11 July 23, 2018

For Depression: "I never write on a forum but I felt I had to I started taking duloxetine a few days ago 30mg and I have to say it’s best decision I have made from being physically not being able to get myself out of this deep dark hole to actually making a effort with my day. I read so many negative reviews and was actually scared but felt I had nothing to lose and I know it’s early days but I do feel so much better! I am going to carry on taking this and see how it goes I will review again in a few weeks but I can honestly say in a matter of a few days it’s changed my life from being a wreck to actually seeing a small flicker of hope in life"

Juice box (taken for less than 1 month) July 22, 2018

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Depression: "Switched from Lexapro to Cymbalta. First week was at 30mg, followed by 60 mg. I has side effects almost from the start, insomnia, anxiety. nausea, loss of appetite. Stayed at 60 mg for 4 weeks. Dr decreased to 40 mg and prescribed Sonata to help with sleep. Zero effect from the Sonata. It's been about two months since starting the Cymbalta and I'm ready to get off of it due to the side effects. Not looking forward to the withdrawal symptoms I've been reading about. Others may have had success with this med, but I have not. I would not recommend."

121GW (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 17, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...