User Reviews for Duloxetine systemic

Urinary Incontinence
4.4

Summary of Duloxetine reviews 6.5 1,518 reviews

Reviews for Duloxetine

For Depression: "Took this med for a couple of weeks (30 mg) and it caused uterine bleeding. I was surprised as this was not on the side effects list I got from my doctor - although mentioned on-line. Discontinued and now on Zoloft with no issues."

Kelly (taken for less than 1 month) December 9, 2018

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Depression: "Let's be honest here everybody is different, some people do not need a helping hand medically wise in life and others (like myself) do, I came off citalopram after years of being on it, I felt it had simply stopped working and with added paranoia that it was actually doing me more harm I decided to switch to something else. Duloxetine was recommended by a friend, all I can say is life is sweeter now, always underweight and trying to put some in this drug helped a lot. If weight gain would be an issue I probably would not recommend, but if like my you feel happier with an extra 20lbs on your frame then this is the medication. To anyone reading this, hang in there and please don't ever feel alone, there is a world of people suffering the same as you and the vast majority of us care a lot about you and will always try and help because we too know your pain."

Dr.Sim (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 9, 2018

For Depression: "Since I started taking this med I am feeling better and I have not yet have any side effects, but I guess is to soon to determine, two days now taking this med"

Chelo (taken for less than 1 month) December 5, 2018

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Depression: "I literally felt not real it sucked. Stopped after a week couldn’t hardly function at work. I was so sensitive to light and always had a headache. I would not recommend."

Barlo December 3, 2018

For Anxiety: "One word... WITHDRAWAL!! This has been said elsewhere, but having taken Duloxetine for only 3 months (to find it was still giving me very bad runs, headaches, brain fog etc) I took 10 weeks to come off. As soon as I hit zero all hell broke loose. Anxiety like I never knew existed, seizures (and 4 trips to the ER), along with period of suicidal depression and the usual (nausea, fog etc). I have been off them for 3 weeks and still not better. Any surprise that hundreds of people got a payout for what wasn't known about the side effects? Eli Lilly - you are complete and utter .."

Marcel (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 29, 2018

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Depression: "Have had back pain for years. Was on prescribed pain meds for years too. No longer on pain meds for about a year now but use kratom some. Prescribed Celexa for several years and seemed to stop working. My doctor put me on 60mg Cymbalta a couple months ago. No real side effects and It seems to put me in a better mood that I haven't experienced in many many years. I think the prior pain med and recreational drugs turned against. I feel more "corrected", clearer minded and content on the Cymbalta."

Pickle (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 29, 2018

For Depression: "I recently reviewed this drug and gave it a 9/10 after 3 months. I thought that I had found what I had been looking for. Unfortunately, a month later my mood started to dip and the lethargy, that came with depression, never lifted. It still helped significantly more that the SSRIs that I’ve tried, but it isn’t quite right for me. That being said, it was very effective for my anxiety. Depression - not so much."

Dozer2 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 26, 2018

For Chronic Pain: "In addition to generalized anxiety, mild panic disorder, atypical & seasonal depression and OCD... I also suffer from myofacial pain syndrome. Before Cymbalta I was in constant pain that woke me up at night, and knowing this my psychiatrist prescribed Cymbalta in the hope that it would address both my mood and pain disorder(s). While it is too early to know how well the Cymbalta is helping with my mental health issues, I have been amazed at how quickly my pain has completely disappeared. It has felt like a miracle to me. I used to be under the care of a PT and pain specialist, but am no longer. I don’t need any additional pain management including ibuprofen! There were side effects initially but this is NORMAL and they do subside for most people within 2 weeks. I have now been on Cymbalta for one month."

CMPsufferer (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 25, 2018

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Anxiety: "I had a large but benign brain tumor removed a year and a half ago. After my recovery, I had depression and anxiety which I had never really had before. After dealing with it over a year, I started generic Cymbalta 3 months ago. First 2 months 30 mg a day. Some initial insomnia, 1 day of upset stomach, loss of appetite (lost 8 lbs) for about 3 weeks. Helped immediately with depression, anxiety issues took about 5 weeks. After 2 months, Dr put me on 60 mg a day which I've taken for 4 weeks now. Anxiety is so much better, feel it coming on now and then but it doesn't last. I've put the weight back on but nothing extra. Sleeping 6-7 hours a night, about average for me. This drug overall has really helped me, I take nothing else with it. I'm sorry to hear it effects some people so negatively, but please try to stay on this until your body can get used to the side effects. This drug has greatly improved my life."

g0ldon November 16, 2018

For Depression: "I've been taking duloxetine 60mg for over 3 months and it made me feel terrible, it slightly lifted my depressant a bit but I just felt like I was emotionally numb and just felt weird in myself like everything was like a dream. Always tired and intrusive crazy anxiety driven thoughts. Tapering off them over the next few days and starting back on sertraline which I was on a few years ago with no problems."

MrDeadSound (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 8, 2018

For Pain: "For pelvic pain syndrome. Started on 30 mg, made me a slightly more nervous for 5 days. Then it kicked in, the pain decreased within a few weeks substantially. Now I have been for all practical means without pain for more than 18 month. I decreased the dose to 15 mg (yes, I open the capsule, take about half the little pellets out and swallow them). I'm generally happier, less anxious, I sleep well and enjoy life again. I do feel very grateful to the scientists who developed this drug."

Serafin (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 4, 2018

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Back Pain: "I woke up bent over with lower back pain every morning, which led to sciatica pain for 2 years. Turning over in bed feeling like a 50lb weight was attached to my lower back started around 3:00am and felt like a tight ball every morning that needed some air released. After trying 3 different medications, I started Cymbalta. Within two days and I was pain free in the morning and my sciatica pain eventually disappeared as well. At one point, I couldn't sit or stand for more than 15-30 minutes without getting up hunchbacked or feeling like my back was giving out. My quality of life had been taken over by what was becoming a 24/7 literal pain in my back. For me, as time went on, it not only left me pain free in the morning, it also removed the nerve pain in my left sciatica. It was/is a Godsend."

Margaret (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 4, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder: "When I went to stop this I had awful withdrawals. It should be illegal because of the withdrawals. Worked well for about 18 months then stopped working. The short amount of relief was not worth the long withdrawals. The worst brain zaps ever ... over a month and they are still awful."

Trixi (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 4, 2018

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Fibromyalgia: "After years of chronic pain, headaches, fatigue, insomnia, intermittent depression and anxiety, I did my research on fibromyalgia and had a conversation with my doctor. I had read about Cymbalta and my doctor agreed to prescribe it and see if it would help my multiple issues. I felt better after the first day of 30 mg of Cymbalta. The only side effects I had were insomnia and daily headaches the first week. My side effects were tolerable, and the benefits outweighed the side effects. I stuck with it, and have now been on Cymbalta for 4 weeks. I'm so thankful for this medication and feel I have my life back! I took high dose Xanax for years, I couldn't fall asleep without it. I have been able wean off Xanax as well, something I had been unable to do before. I see my doctor again this week and can't wait to tell her how well Cymbalta helps me."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 2, 2018

For Fibromyalgia: "Dealt with pain and depression for almost 2 years. Had every test known to man, and finally saw a RA. He diagnosed me with fibromyalgia. Finally, an answer! He prescribed 60 mg of duloxetine (cymbalta),and after 2 months, I am still pain free and just all around a happier person to be around! The first week was rough. Pharmacist told me it could cause drowsiness, so I took it before bed to try to finally get a good nights sleep after years of not sleeping well. I tossed and turned all night, and had uncontrollable leg jerks. It was bad. I took it in the morning the next day, and all is well at night again. I've lost 18 pounds in 2 months due to my lack of appetite on this medication , but I needed to lose it, so win-win in my book."

Jaimz81 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 30, 2018

For Back Pain: "I was given this med in 30, 60 90mgs. Did not work, had me crazy. Treating sciatica, spinal stenosis pain. After PT, I had acupuncture. Needles do not hurt, pain is clearing up. Try it. It is worth it. Get off that duloxetine. I use tylenol extra strength with the treatments. My insurance pays. Ask for referral or search on your own. Smart move for me"

grayson (taken for less than 1 month) October 28, 2018

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Started at 30mg a year ago but moved to 60mg after a month. The first few months were amazing. I was much less anxious, less irritable and angry. After several months I started getting brain zaps, even if I hadn't missed a dose. I got more strict about taking my pill at the same time everyday, but I still get brain zaps for a few hours around the time when I take my pill frequently. Sometimes I just lay in bed and wait for them to go away because moving makes it worse. It's been awful. My irritability and anger is coming back. I've had several anxiety attacks over the past few months and I feel like it's not helping very much anymore. Withdrawal symptoms are terrible. I missed a dose the other day and had horrible brain zaps. It felt like I was fighting off the flu. I slept for fourteen hours the night before, but couldn't get much rest between the vivid dreams and horrible night sweats that kept waking me up. I really want to get off this medication, but I've heard it's hard to do."

S October 27, 2018

For Depression: "This medication is a game changer. After being on a different anti depressant that didn’t work, I switched to apo-duloxetine and I saw improvements in my mood and outlook on life within in 2 weeks. I feel like the person I was before my accident. Highly recommend."

B (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 25, 2018

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Fibromyalgia: "I've been on Cymbalta for over a year for fibro. There has only been a slight (10%) difference in pain, yet now I have to worry about the horrible Cymbalta Discontinuation Syndrome....which is a thing, when I try to get off of it. My doctors, of course, didn't mention that when they put me on it."

Anne (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 23, 2018

For Fibromyalgia: "On the positive side, Duloxetine helps reduce my fibromyalgia pain from a 6 or 7 to a 2 or 3. On the negative side, it makes me tired all the time and it's very difficult, most of the time impossible, to have an orgasm while on it."

JustSomeGuy (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 22, 2018

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Anxiety: "Cymbalta worked amazingly for me for GAD & depression a few years ago, & helped with chronic pain from herniated discs & headaches after bad auto accident. Unfortunately bad side effects such as loss of sexual interest & chronic abdominal pain & constipation forced me to stop taking it & got back on Zoloft for past couple years. Losing my mom to cancer has devastated me to point of desperation for help to survive the darkest days of my life. Praying for strength & peace from these oppressive spirits & terrible panic attaches, plus battling horrific chronic pain. Dr put me back on Cymbalta 60mg so I’ve been taking 30mg for a week now & this time around I’ve been having more abdominal pains & high blood pressure, hopefully this is just temporary bc overall Cymbalta worked better than any other antidepressant for anxiety, pain & depression so I’m going to keep taking it a few more weeks & slowly increase dosage. Take care & God bless all."

KandyAnn (taken for less than 1 month) October 19, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder: "I switched on and off different medications for bipolar and in 2009 found the combination of Cymbalta DR 60mg and Depakote DR 500 mg. I find that one of the drugs without the other do not work. However, both with DR really helped stabilize my moods, I never cry and get depressed anymore. The Depakote has stabilized my occasional hypomanic episodes as well! Hooray! I will never go off of these because they work!!! High five! Hopefully this review will convince somebody out there that this combination of drugs is a winner. The Cymbalta is the least destructive on neurotransmitters as well...another bonus."

Idaho girl (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 15, 2018

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Anxiety: "Cymbalta changed my life. I was going through the worst life experience I could imagine. Thoughts of suicide dominated my life and panic attacks were often. Then I started taking Cymbalta and everything changed. I started having the ability to see a hopeful future and my panic attacks disappeared. The days I forget to take it look grey until I take it and hope returns. I'm too fearful to exist drug-free in my later years. I've never experienced any side effects, just positive ones. I wish I had started taking something like this when I was young. To me, it's a miracle drug."

Amos (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 13, 2018

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Anxiety: "Terrible drug. Don’t start. Your body becomes addicted to it. The withdrawal symptoms when coming off are horrific"

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 12, 2018

For Back Pain: "Had one tablet last night and was really ill for most of the night it was the 20mg low strength , I'm a cardiac arrest survivor and the palpitations were frightening. This is not a drug to suit everyone"

SR58 (taken for less than 1 month) October 12, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...