User Reviews for Duloxetine

Urinary Incontinence
4.4

Summary of Duloxetine reviews 6.6 1,427 reviews

Reviews for Duloxetine

For Osteoarthritis: "I am 31 and have had athritis in my spine since I was 24/25 I have taken may painkillers including Morphine but my body became to used to it and it stopped working. My doctor put me on duloxetine for the pain also for depression and this medication has changed my life. I'm able to be more active with my children. My depression has eased off and my mood had stabled completely. I take the tablets at night as it causes me to be drowsy so I get a good night's sleep as well so it is a win win"

QueenMamma (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 21, 2018

For Depression: "I went on duloxetine for my severe anxiety, daily panic attacks, and depression to the point of having a suicide plan. To say I was almost unable to function is an understatement. I had just started a new job where my daily stress and anxiety level was through the roof. I started this drug at 20mg for one week. I had a rapid heartbeat for about five days, but immediately noticed a reduction in my anxiety and no more panic attacks. I went to 40mg for a week and then finally 60mg which is where I've stayed for two weeks now. My depression is almost gone and I finally feel like my real, happy, functioning self again. My anxiety is always present, especially when I'm around people, but it no longer controls me. I can manage it with self talk and deep breathing. This drug saved my life. A bonus is it helped with the chronic shoulder pain I have. There are sexual side effects and I cannot climax as quickly or strongly as before. But for what I've gained? It's absolutely worth it."

HollyBerry (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 20, 2018

For Anxiety: "Started duloxetine for anxiety and panic attacks. Never helped with my off balance feeling, perhaps helped with panic somewhat. Started to slowly lower it after months of it and realizing it wasn't helping. I wouldn't recommend ever starting this medication simply because of the withdrawal. I didn't think it would be that bad. The floor moves under my feet, the floor drops out from under me, my heart gets electrocuted and sinks into the floor, my chest gets electrocuted and goes up into my head. My brain moves around. I get so dizzy I can barely walk. The anticipation of all of this when I walk causes extreme anxiety and panic. Would not recommend a drug with norepinephrine if you do not have depression. Try a SSRI."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 19, 2018

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I have only been on Cymbalta for 1 day. Took it later last night, think I slept okay but woke up foggy brained, zoning out, nauseous, blurry vision, slight increase in anxiety and a bit snappy... won’t be taking anymore of this. I will figure out a different way to handle my panic attacks. Letting the Dr. know ASAP! 30mg at night is my dosage. Anyone else have these experiences right away??"

Dee (taken for less than 1 month) May 13, 2018

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Anxiety: "This drug was absolutely amazing when it worked for me. I started to notice resolution of my severe anxiety symptoms within a week with little to no side effects. Before I used this medication I was living in a constant state of anxiety where I would feel off balance most of the day and constantly fear that I was about to pass out. My chest would be tight most of the day and I would get sharp, shooting pains all over my chest area and I would feel like every day I was going to die and even more so when I would try to go to bed at night; I was certain that I wasn't going to wake up the next day. Also, I would feel like everything around me was sped up and I would get shortness of breath frequently through out the day as well as panic attacks and somehow I managed to function for two years in this living nightmare before I went and got help for myself."

mark May 13, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder: "Did not help at all."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 11, 2018

For Chronic Pain: "Made chronic pain worse and added new abdominal pain and severe, intractable headaches."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 11, 2018

For Peripheral Neuropathy: "Made neuropathy worse."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 11, 2018

For Pain: "Did not reduce my severe pain."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 11, 2018

For Persistent Depressive Disorder: "Did not help depression. Caused numerous side effects."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 11, 2018

For Hot Flashes: "Severely worsened hot flashes."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 11, 2018

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Fibromyalgia: "I was prescribed Cymbalta for fibromyalgia. I took it ONCE before bed and ended up having a grand mal seizure at some point during the night. Woke up with muscle pain in my limbs and back so severe, I could not sit myself up for 2 days. The only other drug that has ever caused this reaction was Demerol. I would proceed with caution if you are going to try it. Thank goodness I didn't take it before driving!"

ranchnumber51 (taken for less than 1 month) May 8, 2018

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Fibromyalgia: "I started taking Cymbalta for Chronic Pain. It helps along with my pain meds. Plus, it also helps with depression (a bonus). I hurt worse before I started taking 60 mg."

Carrol (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 6, 2018

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Fibromyalgia: "Worked reasonably for awhile, despite the side effects like 0 sex drive, intense sweating, and something close to hemophilia like bleeding from tiny cuts. I just kept taking it for 3 years or so, because the BIG ISSUE is the insane withdrawal even from missing one dose. Trying to quit was a nightmare. Went from 120mg down to 30mg over time, which was pretty bad. Eventually just threw it away for good and spent the better part of a month in serious withdrawal condition. 5 months on, and I am worse than I was ever was when starting it. The withdrawal process has triggered so much anxiety that I am now stuck with, and don't know how to deal with or get rid of. Thanks Dr for not warning me of any of this."

MizzBlack (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 3, 2018

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Depression: "I've been on Cymbalta 60ng for about the 5 years, it was working fine for me I thought - until people started telling me that I was snappy. But I had a lot of trials in life happening all at once. Any how I decided to switch and what a nightmare it has been. New Psych tried me on Lamictal for a bit, that made me hyper and jittery, so I thought I'd try zoloft since my sister has been on it. Sometimes meds can work the same.. but, Yikes ...not for me..I'm in an awful depression and working on getting back on Cymbalta, what I hope will, work for me. I guess the old saying goes, "if it's not broken why fix it?" I will keep you all in my prayers and hope you will do the same. "

El (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 2, 2018

For Anxiety: "This medication has been life changing for me. No side effects to mention apart from a bit of a tremor. Have been taking it about 3 to 4 weeks now. It cured my insomnia from day 1 and after a week or so I noticed a massive reduction in anxiety. Fingers crossed that continues. As an added bonus it really helped with pain from fibromyalgia and arthritis enabling me to cut dosage of my pain medication"

Jo (taken for less than 1 month) May 2, 2018

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Anxiety: "Three to four years ago my terrific wife thought my behavior was changing (mostly impatient) while I was taking EFFEXOR so my Dr had me try Cybalta & my mood improved according to my wife. I also have mild-moderate depression and this drug also took care of that as well as my anxiety (occasional panic attacks--really scary). Now none!! Now the not-so-good-news. I believe the drug is attributable to increased ED, lower libido, tiredness, occasional brain 'zaps' (1-2 times/month on average usually at night when I first try to go to sleep, they last a few seconds but frightening nevertheless), Overall I recommend but realizing some of these situations could occur."

jimmyg (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 29, 2018

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Chronic Pain: "I was on Cymbalta for nearly 4 years. I was on the 60mg and just after I turned 40 I began the drug not realizing I was heading for the most horrific experience of my life. After stopping it I had it all... the vomiting, nausea, headaches (migraines ), insomnia, brain zaps, nightmares , fever, loss of appetite... flu . It all came gushing at once. It was 9 days of hell so far but each day it’s getting better. I have never craved to go back on it and threw it all down the sink. No doctor helped me go off it. I made the choice. It was the best decision. I had attributed my night sweats and hot flushes and weight gain to me turning 40 even though the doctors had done the tests and it said I was not premenopausal. To think I decided to stop it because I couldn’t deal with the weight gain even though I had tried , Yoga, meditation, exercise, eating healthy. I gained about 18 pounds. Please think twice before going on this drug. The coming off doesn’t outweigh the lesser pain."

mishiegov April 29, 2018

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Depression: "I started on 30 mg and am currently on 60 mg - first few days on it were awful, with bad insomnia, nausea/headache, fatigue. However, after ~5-6 days, most symptoms subsided (except the insomnia, which I use melatonin for). It's been about 2 months and I have to say this medication has been life changing for me in terms of my mood/thoughts. I used to have such dark thoughts and a negative outlook on life, assuming the worst in people and hating everything about myself. That has completely changed and I can say for the first time in YEARS that I feel truly, completely, happy. This happiness is different, because it persists even when not-so-great things happen in my life. I will say that the anxiety still lingers but honestly its effects on my depression make the anxiety super tolerable. I hope this medication works for others the way it worked for me - time will tell as far as how long this will last."

myopicwizard April 29, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder: "I wanted so badly to like this one. Within just a few days of starting on it, I started feeling productive and more on top of things. I am also autistic and have poor executive functioning and this medicine seemed to help a lot with that. BUT within a few days of taking it, my emotions took over and my sense of control was lost. I felt dark and violent. I hated everyone and everything. My anxiety and stimming increased. I had terrible dreams and night sweats. It only got worse, and brought out the worst in me. And the withdrawals were even worse! On to something else. . I have heard positive anecdotes about this medication, but please take the warnings pertaining to side effects and withdrawals seriously."

Pookie (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 28, 2018

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Depression: "I have been on cymbalta for about 8 months. It makes me feel numb and I don't care about much. I am coming off of it and it has been hard to do."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 24, 2018

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Depression: "I need to try 60 mg, I've only been on 30mg"

tonlow April 23, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder: "The best I can say is that it was counter-productive. It was no where near as effective as other anti-depressants I've had in the past; for the first time in my near 50 years on the planet I hit my lowest point in my mind; anxiety was worse; zero energy (I'd sleep 15+ hours any day I did not force myself to get up, many I'd lie in bed for hours not wanting to move). While that is all horrible, the two worst parts were: The withdrawal brain shocks were incredibly annoying. I am significantly better with depression and anxiety since being off this drug, despite occasional brain shock symptoms. Side note: believe it or not, MMJ has been far better treating all of these issues, and without side effects - plus is the only effective pain killing relief for injuries as a result of an accident a few years ago. I was never a cannabis user until a couple of years ago, and it will take an emergency where I am unconscious to be put back on any pharmaceutical concocted in a lab."

title April 22, 2018

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Horrible medication. It took me 2 months (which was 2 months off work sick) to get up to the 60mg dose. Increased anxiety, insomnia, complete loss of appetite, headaches, constipation just to name a few. Even once I got through that, I felt so weird on this medication and my anxiety was worse than when I started. I found it incredibly difficult to relax as I felt wired 24/7. This is a very strong medication and I wasn't warned about any of this by my Dr before taking it. I'm now coming off it and just going from 60mg to 30mg, I'm having severe panic symptoms, waking up every hour covered in sweat etc. I am having to take diazepam to get off this medication and go back to Mirtazapine. Appreciate this medication works for some , but for me it has been sheer nightmare. I recommend anyone planning on taking this for anxiety disorder have a serious think before doing so."

Grindilow (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 20, 2018

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Chronic Pain: "I had two major strokes 4 years ago that caused permanent central nervous system damage, severe depression and anxiety. I had RLS, "needles and pins" pain, sharp stabbing pains, shaking, quivering, lack of motor control, and more. My neurologist and surgeon suggested I take 30mgs of Cymbalta, (Duloxetine), once before bed for pain. Since I started it two years ago, I am now about 80% pain free. The spasms and intense nerve pain only come when I am very fatigued. The only side effect has been some hot flashes and insomnia but I take Melatonin to sleep. Originally my doctors suggested OxyContin but I'd heard it was addictive so I tried the Duloxetine for pain and it works."

Extreme nerve pain (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 20, 2018