User Reviews for Duloxetine

4.4

Summary of Duloxetine reviews 6.5 1,636 reviews

Reviews for Duloxetine

Anonymous · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 12, 2019

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Chronic Pain: "Cymbalta did not help my pain. I have myofascial pain syndrome. It made it worse because it caused me to clench my jaw. It also came with severe side effects, and then I found out it is almost impossible to get off. Withdrawal symptoms are horrendous and last months to years. I am on a 2 to 3 year taper schedule to get off of this drug that never helped. I gained 40 pounds and have terrible daytime fatigue. If you are considering taking this drug, please do a lot more research"

SimplyRed · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 7, 2019

For Chronic Pain: "I was mortified at the prospect of being put on antidepressants as I have been against them all my life. When the doctor told me they may help with chronic pain I could not resist as for years I have set with intermittent flare ups of widespread pain which I have to admit, in hindsight, had impacted my mental health. Two weeks of being on them and I felt free, no longer strangled and restricted by my muscles. A month later I realised just how long it had been since I'd felt this good!! I am anti medication but this has honestly been a game changer for me personally."

Tulsa · Taken for less than 1 month July 6, 2019

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Chronic Pain: "For nine years I had lower back pain due to a bulging disk. I also had aches/discomfort in the left hip that caused me to walk with a limp. My doctor prescribed Cymbalta for chronic pain and a few days later I noticed that the hip aches/discomfort and back pain were gone. I no longer walk with a limp! Very minor side effects."

Nicole July 5, 2019

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Depression: "I had been on eight different anti depressants for 12 years. I tried Cymbalta and had been on it for 14 years .I try to get off of it and I took eight months and I completely went off. Withdrawals were horrific All of my depression and anxiety came back but worse than ever. I’m so glad to be back on it. Cymbalta is a lifesaver."

Nick · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 4, 2019

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Depression: "I went through a bunch of medications for my depression and Cymbalta was the first one that helped my symptoms. I was no longer having episodes and my depression and feelings seem to have subsided. A few months in I started to feel less of any emotion. My wife and I started to argue and she would call me a walking zombie with no feelings at all. I didn't want to have sexual relations with her and that took a toll on our marriage. Other than that though the medication did work great for me but definitely something that I would have considered if I knew this would have been a side affect."

Christi · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 4, 2019

For Anxiety: "Thus stuff is a lifesaver! The first four days I was a bit nauseous but it cleared up and I've had no other side effects. My neuro prescribed this initially for some tingling and nerve sensitivity issues but it has been doing wonders for my anxiety! I was having daily panic attacks and feelings of constant doom. Three weeks into a 20 mg dose/twice a day I was no longer anxious, I kid you not! My tingling has diminished by a lot as well. I’m a firm believer in this medication and plan to stay on it. Definitely stay on it through the side effects, it should clear up as your body gets used to it!"

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 2, 2019

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Depression: "I feel so much better, I’m more calm, I don’t get frustrated easily, I have more patience, I have more energy to do things, etc.. the only side effect I get is body heat and a little bit of sweating. Also, I have no desire for sex, but it’s ok since I’m single lol. Anyways, Cymbalta helped me when it comes to my depression and leg pains."

Rob June 30, 2019

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Back Pain: "I am blessed to have this medication available to me. I do have anxiety and fibromyalgia along with the back pain. The first 2 weeks I did not think I was going to be able to endure the side effects of Cymbalta but I tougher it out and I am so glad I did. My life is back and I can function like an almost normal person. There is no way for me to tell you how happy I am to be sharing this with the world!!!"

IrishColleen · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 30, 2019

For Anxiety: "Do NOT take this medication unless you are prepared to take it for the rest of your life. Withdrawal from this medication is far worse than that from other antidepressants and anti anxiety medications. I wanted to die while withdrawing from Duloxetine. Do some research on Cymbalta withdrawals and you will see"

DSummer · Taken for 10 years or more June 30, 2019

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Depression: "I have been taking Cymbalta for approximately 15 yrs. for depression & anxiety. I had tried every other drug on the market. It has been a life saver for me! The first few days I felt nauseous but that is a side effect that goes away. My dr told me it was one of the few that continues to work after taking it for a long time. I mistakenly have quit taking it a few times to see if I felt better. I had no adverse effects coming off of it except that my anxiety & depression worsened. This year was the first time I’ve had my dosage increased since starting the med. As long as it continues to work, I’ll never quit taking it."

Ss June 29, 2019

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Back Pain: "Was put on this for pain, as a side effect it has improved my mood and disposition tremendously. I can only hope it continues to work this well."

Sylvie · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 28, 2019

For Major Depressive Disorder: "So I started duloxetine after getting off of Lexapro because I had severe side effects. The first two weeks was fine at 20mg but once they bumped it up to 40mg I broke out in a rash on my chest, neck, and face. Was told I should stop taking it immediately. The discontinuation syndrome even at a low dose is horrific. Headaches, vision changes, loss of balance, mood swings, and your head feels fuzzy 24/7. I developed red circular rashes all over my back while taking this and have been off of the medication for a month now and the red patches will not go away. The skin on my chest is loose where the rash was and I can pull it apart to see skin fibers. Is this serious or will It go back to normal???"

Jess · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 27, 2019

For Anxiety: "This has greatly helped me with my anxiety. I've taken it for 2 years. My irrational thoughts have almost completely diminished. I don't feel in edge. Less irritable....I am very thankful for how this has helped me. If I miss just one pill though I get very dizzy. Withdrawal symptoms are pretty intense."

Listentoyrbod June 26, 2019

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Depression: "I’m disappointed that it made me so so sick not as bad as Latuda but 1 day is enough to know this is a bad drug."

Shelly · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 26, 2019

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Depression: "I was on Cymbalta for three years for lower back pain and depression / anxiety. I have to say it helped a lot. I didn't have any major side effects but increased sweating. I felt it was time to go off of it and slowly weaned myself. This is key. NEVER go off suddenly. The withdrawal wasn't as bad as a feared. I was off of it for about 7 months and my pain worsened and the depression and anxiety came back. I tried some alternative methods but they didn't work very well. I'm now back on Cymbalta and I feel so much better. I'm thankful for it."

Alice · Taken for less than 1 month June 26, 2019

For Anxiety: "Duloxetine from Apotex (generic) worked perfectly for me for 6 years. Now I started taking the Torrent Duloxetine and have withdrawn symptoms in the next day after taking. I called Torrent and opened a complaint. I also noticed that they had various recalls, also recall of Duloxetine in 2017."

Skippy · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 25, 2019

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Depression: "I was prescribed 30mg at first to help with depression. After talking with my doctor, he decided to increase the dosage to 60mg. I was using it for 9 years and at first it seemed to help. But after a couple of years, it felt like I had a tight band around my head. And I was always dizzy when I stood up. Tried to stop taking it and it felt like I had the flu. So I continued taking it. Then last year, I got tired of the head pain and dizziness. I opened up each capsule to remove 5 mg. I then waited for 2 weeks to remove another 5mg. By doing it this way, I didn't have any withdrawal symptoms and am finally off of it! If it works for you, great! But be prepared for a struggle to quit taking it!"

Frenchtickler June 24, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder: "I've taken Cymbalta twice now with mixed results. The second being very nice results. The first time my psych was being a bit aggressive, I was on adderall, lithium, lamotrigine, seroquel, and trazodone. Adding Cymbalta basically gave me serotonin syndrome and I was hallucinating at work (pretty awful work meeting). However this time I was in a mental hospital for my depression and attempting suicide and the hospital psych prescribed it. I was worried at first, but the pit in my chest went away by the end of my stay, maybe I'm a bit hypomanic now but I feel great. I haven't not wanted to jump off a bridge in years and low I'm good . Even have the courage to quit my crappy job most recently."

mrdad · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 23, 2019

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Depression: "Was put on this 5 years ago. It works good but there is one thing they won't tell you. The withdrawal symptoms are horrendous. I will probably never be able to stop taking this. If I miss only one day I get vertigo and brain zaps. Read up on it and it turns out they lied to the FDA about how many people had withdrawal symptoms. It's 70 percent! Some people experience withdrawal symptoms that last a year! So what does the FDA do? A little fine and a class action lawsuit that already expired by the time I realized how bad the withdrawal symptoms are. Eli-Lilly should have been sued out of existence but of course big pharma has the FDA in their pocket. Really read up on the documentation the FDA report and what it says about how they fudged things. It's unbelievable. I wish I never was put on this."

Ken · Taken for less than 1 month June 21, 2019

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Anxiety: "This medication really did work, and helped me with my anxiety, it increased my appetite, I was talkative, but... It turned me into a complete douche bag, I would scream at people and completely lose it after something insignificant happened, I was in a dark place and always on the edge."

Judy · Taken for 10 years or more June 20, 2019

Cymbalta (duloxetine) for Fibromyalgia: "I suffered from the pain of fibromyalgia for 20 years and I got my life back after I started to use Cymbalta. I have no more pain, other than that of many 71 year olds. I consider myself one of the very fortunate people that it works so well for me. I can take fitness classes now and feel the improvement from them tremendously. I also think that what likely helped me work etc. when I had the symptoms was the fact that I did mild exercise six mornings a week for 20 min. on the recommendation of an amazing doctor who recognized what I had before most people had even heard of it and told me exercise was supposed to help. I walked up and down my stairs then used a cross trainer (slowly) - when my husband decided I was wearing out our carpet!"

Daisyyyy · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 20, 2019

For Anxiety: "I'm 20 and her anxiety since I was a kid. I developed agoraphobia, IBS and a panic disorder due to my anxiety and was in a really bad place. I'm 5 weeks in taking duloxetine and started leaving the house again and going back to education. I had side effects for the first 2 days but they were only mild. I feel great! I've tried so many other antidepressants and this is definitely the most effective!! 10/10"

grayfox · Taken for less than 1 month June 19, 2019

For Osteoarthritis: "I took my first (and last) duloxetine (Cymbalta) Monday night at about 11.00 pm with a light meal. After about 5 hours I started having stomach aches followed by severe nausea. I had dry heaves that left my stomach was very sore. Tuesday was spent in bed so tired that I thought I would never be able to get up. By Wednesday at about 9.00 am I was finally able to eat a slice of toast and some coffee. It is now about 6.00 pm and I still feel like I'm ready to fall down and I have shakes in my hands and sweat a lot. My doctor prescribed it for arthritis pain in my knee that had not responded to alternative treatments, rubs, laser , cortisone shot, etc. The duloxetine did stop the knee pain but it was a terrible trade off. Will be dumping this poison at my doctor's office tomorrow if I'm able to drive. I do NOT recommend this product. Too many serious side effects."

David · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 19, 2019

For Depression: "The first couple of weeks of taking one 60mg dose a day was fine, I thought I'd be ok on this. After that the absolutely unbearable stomach cramps and pain started. At times I thought it was a rupture as the pain was so bad. Also 3 weeks of endless and constant diarrhoea absolutely made this drug unusable for me. Stopped taking it as a matter of urgency."

Randi · Taken for less than 1 month June 18, 2019

For Depression: "I’ve been taking Duloxetine for only 5 days once in the morning at 30mg. This medicine has done wonders. I suffer from anxiety, panic attacks, neck pains & chest pains. So far this medicine has helped 100%. The first few days was rough but well worth it "

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)