How long does it take for Cymbalta to work?
It may take up to 6 to 8 weeks for the full effects of Cymbalta to be seen, although some improvement in symptoms, such as sleep, energy, or appetite may show an improvement in 1-2 weeks. Symptoms such as depressed mood and lack of interest in activities may take the full 6-8 weeks to resolve. When Cymbalta is used for pain, it generally improves within two weeks.
Side effects such as include feeling sick, a dry mouth, headache, constipation, or feeling sleepy may occur early on, but these are usually mild and go away after a couple of weeks.
- Duloxetine 31 January 2022. https://www.nhs.uk/medicines/duloxetine/
- Duloxetine (Cymbalta). NAMI. https://www.nami.org/About-Mental-Illness/Treatments/Mental-Health-Medications/Types-of-Medication/Duloxetine-(Cymbalta)
- Cymbalta (duloxetine) Updated 09/2021. Eli Lilly and Company. https://www.drugs.com/pro/cymbalta.html#s147
Related medical questions
- SSRI’s vs SNRI’s - What's the difference between them?
- 8 Cymbalta Side Effects: Should I be Concerned?
- How to sleep while taking Cymbalta?
- Does Cymbalta cause weight gain?
- What do Cymbalta brain zaps feel like?
- What helps with Cymbalta withdrawal symptoms?
- Can I take Cymbalta (duloxetine) and Trintellix (vortioxetine) together?
- Panic attack vs Anxiety attack - What's difference between them?
- Valium vs Xanax: Which is better?
- How long does Xanax last for / stay in your system?
- Klonopin vs Xanax - How are they different?
Related support groups
- Cymbalta (290 questions, 1,821 members)
- Duloxetine (69 questions, 186 members)
- Anxiety (2,832 questions, 10,736 members)
- Depression (2,086 questions, 8,655 members)