User Reviews for Aspirin systemic

Also known as: Arthritis Pain, Aspir 81, Aspir-Low, Bayer Childrens Aspirin, Durlaza, Ecotrin, Ecpirin, Fasprin, Halfprin, Miniprin

Ischemic Stroke, Prophylaxis

1 review 136 medications
Niacin FlushNot rated - Be the first1 review 56 medications
Summary of Aspirin reviews 7.3 33 reviews

Reviews for Aspirin

Bayer Aspirin Extra Strength Plus (aspirin) for Pain: "I prefer Aleve this product "

Dee (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 30, 2018

For Ankylosing Spondylitis: "Dangerous for AS sufferers. Even low dose can result in dangerous bleeding in your colon."

James July 29, 2018

Bayer Women's Aspirin With Calcium (aspirin) for Ischemic Stroke, Prophylaxis: "It's the only aspirin product I can tolerate. All others, even "coated" low dose aspirin cause GI upset. It's also significantly more expensive. For some reason lately I have been having difficulty finding this product. That said, I'm glad I found an aspirin product that does not cause GI upset (I take it for stroke prevention which is very rampant in my family)."

Beebe (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 27, 2018

Bayer Aspirin (aspirin) for Pain: "I used this for minor tooth pain and it did absolutely nothing to ease the pain at all. Would not recommend this"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 12, 2018

Bufferin Low Dose (aspirin) for Pain: "Due to intestinal bleeding, I cannot take typical NSAIDs for heart attack preventative care. However, because of the 'buffering'/magnesium in this product, I can, but in small doses. I cannot find 81 mg of Bufferin so I take a 326 mg tablet and quarter it, taking it in the evening, 98% of the time without a bleeding problem. When I have joint pain, I may double it but then bleeding can become a problem, again."

Michelangelo (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 8, 2018

For Osteoarthritis: "Aspirin suits me best because I do not suffer from H-Pylori,otherwise,it may cause ulcers although Lansoprasol or Omepresol can prevent the stomach issues. The reason that Aspirin is best is because it helps along with Vit C and Omega 3 to lubricate the joints which is essential for painless movement. I sometimes inter-change with Ibuprofen which because it is coated lasts longer than Aspirin but I have no knowledge of Naproxen."

Iory (taken for 10 years or more) November 16, 2017

For Pain: "I have severe, chronic sciatica. Aspirin does next to nothing for the pain. Naproxen or ibuprofen are far superior."

Tiger55 January 10, 2017

Bayer Aspirin (aspirin) for Back Pain: "I have the worst back pain and I took these pills and they did nothing for me. I spent 12 dollars on this stuff for nothing."

Lacee renee January 5, 2016

Arthritis Pain (aspirin) for Niacin Flush: "Works well when taken every 4 hours"

1panhead (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 18, 2015

For Pain: "Aspirin is not a very effective pain reliever and has unacceptable side effects for me. Namely, gastritis and ulcer. I traded my daily ibuprofen for a daily aspirin after reading about its cardiovascular and cancer-preventing properties. A month later, my stomach is wrecked. I don't smoke, drink or do anything else that would damage my stomach this way. I'm a healthy 30-year-old. My symptoms include nausea, burning pain in my back and shoulders, gas, bloating, indigestion and weakness. I'm now taking Prilosec, Zantac and Tums with little relief. While daily aspirin can save lives, it can also be harmful. It's slightly harder on your stomach than other NSAIDs. Don't take it unless you actually NEED it."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 31, 2015

For Pain: "For me aspirin works better than ibuprofen,acetaminophen,naproxen,ir relieves tension headaches and even back pain."

be2 July 20, 2015

Arthritis Pain (aspirin) for Heart Attack: "I have rheumatoid arthritis and take an aspirin per day for my heart. It is effective in relieving headaches, especially quick if the tablet is chewed. Read the side effects to receive best results. Dosage I use is two, repeated as needed every few hours. This based on my needs and experience."

stricklerdavea February 13, 2014

Stanback Analgesic (aspirin) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I have rheumatoid arthritis in my shoulders and hands. My doc has had me try several different NSAID's for it. I was having the best results with plain old ibuprofen. But I was having to take 16 - 20 200 mg tablets a day. I saw Stanback at a local discount store and got 2 boxes. I was suffering terribly from the shoulder and hand pain and was willing to try anything. I tried Stanback, and it was like a miracle for me! If you're not familiar with Stanback it is a headache powder you can either take mixed with a liquid or pour straight on the tongue. It's very old school but works well and doesn't even taste bad."

JohnHalo (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 28, 2014

Bayer Aspirin (aspirin) for Heart Attack: "Good blood thinner"

clevelandrealtor (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 30, 2013

For Back Pain: "Asprin is much better,than Advil,Aleve for back pain and pain in joints. It's cheap and effective. The biggest disadvantage for aspirin is gastrointestinal disturbances."

cccv2 October 27, 2013

For Sciatica: "I have severe sciatica as a result of cyst on L5. Epidural failed, gave relief for a week before pain returned, and I am headed toward surgery to remove the cyst. I have found aspirin works better than Aleve (2 every 8 hours or 3 every 12 hours per my doc is OK) , Advil and Tylenol, 10 MG Norco and Gabapentin although I am stepping up bit by bit to a full dose of gabapentin and maybe eventually that will help. On a scale of 1-10 my pain is a 10 and the aspirin will cut it down to a 3-4 for a couple of hours."

candy3389 October 13, 2013

For Pain: "I have been taking aspirin for the last 35 years or so for headache related pain. It is far more effective than Tylenol or ibuprofen. It's pretty safe and very affordable."

sjp in Sacramento August 19, 2013

Bayer Children's Aspirin (aspirin) for Transient Ischemic Attack: "No side effects, easy to take, no more symptoms since taking."

r66baker (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 1, 2013

For Heart Attack: "My family has a history of heart attack so I always carry aspirin with me just in case. I found a wristband on the market that stores 2 aspirin in it. It is a great and convenient method of carrying aspirin around so I don't need a bulky bottle of it in my pocket. It is called the Beatfirst Aspirin Wristband for anyone else with the same problem."

Mike2K (taken for 10 years or more) January 24, 2013

Bufferin (aspirin) for Pain: "After having ulcers the doctor recomended bufferin for pain, that was 40 years ago. I have relied on that and extra strength bufferin since then. Since it was taken off the market I have tried others but they do not work as well. Please please bring the bufferin back."

Anonymous June 22, 2012

Bayer Advanced Aspirin (aspirin) for Back Pain: "Used Bayer Advanced for back pain before bed, slept through the night, which I haven't done for months. I take it every night before bed and can actually sleep."

grandmother4 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 26, 2012

For Osteoarthritis: "I have found that aspirin has been an amazing help with the arthritis pain that I have dealt with over the years. I don%u2019t know what got into me to give aspirin a try but am I ever glad that I did! I had thought that naproxen was the best I could do for pain using over the counter medicines since it had been a prescription drug at the time it was prescribed for me for this several years ago. However, at least for my shoulder pain problem, it has been the other way around. "

Anonymous January 23, 2012

Bayer Aspirin (aspirin) for Back Pain: "It works. I always take Bayer when I have a headache, and it always works. I took store brand aspirin for four days battling a headache, and it just DID NOT work at ALL. Popped two expired Bayer today and they still worked like magic on both my back pain from menstruation and the headache I haven't been able to get over. I feel so much better that I literally went online to write a review about it. If that doesn't convince you, I don't know what will. Try it, it works."

Anonymous November 14, 2011

For Pain: "This would be the second most effective NSAID for me, behind Motrin but well ahead of Aleve or other OTC's of any type - It is my preference for "cold and flu" because it breaks a fever pretty quick. If there is a downside, it's that if I take 2 or 3 a day for more than a week, it definitely causes a ringing in my ears, loud. Short-term or simple pain, the old school aspirin just works."

Anonymous July 25, 2010

Bayer Aspirin Extra Strength Plus (aspirin) for Angina: "I had short respiration and pain in the side left of the head and neck, very rapid palpitations and with fatigue. I took an aspirin and the next day I was feeling good or better."

Tatita September 17, 2009