User Reviews for Aspirin

Also known as: Acetylsalicylic Acid, Acuprin 81, Arthritis Foundation Pain Reliever, Arthritis Pain, Ascriptin, Ascriptin Enteric, Ascriptin Maximum Strength, Aspergum, Aspi-Cor, Aspir 81, Aspir-Low, Aspirin Lite Coat, Aspirin Low Strength, Aspiritab, Aspirtab, ...show all 62 brand names

Learn more about Aspirin.

Rheumatoid Arthritis 2 reviews 340 medications

Sciatica 2 reviews 280 medications

5.3
Summary of Aspirin reviews 26 reviews 8.2

Reviews for Aspirin

Bayer Aspirin (aspirin) for Back Pain: "I have the worst back pain and I took these pills and they did nothing for me. I spent 12 dollars on this stuff for nothing."

Lacee renee January 5, 2016

Arthritis Pain (aspirin) for Niacin Flush: "Works well when taken every 4 hours"

1panhead (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 18, 2015

For Pain: "Aspirin is not a very effective pain reliever and has unacceptable side effects for me. Namely, gastritis and ulcer. I traded my daily ibuprofen for a daily aspirin after reading about its cardiovascular and cancer-preventing properties. A month later, my stomach is wrecked. I don't smoke, drink or do anything else that would damage my stomach this way. I'm a healthy 30-year-old. My symptoms include nausea, burning pain in my back and shoulders, gas, bloating, indigestion and weakness. I'm now taking Prilosec, Zantac and Tums with little relief. While daily aspirin can save lives, it can also be harmful. It's slightly harder on your stomach than other NSAIDs. Don't take it unless you actually NEED it."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 31, 2015

For Pain: "For me aspirin works better than ibuprofen,acetaminophen,naproxen,ir relieves tension headaches and even back pain."

be2 July 20, 2015

Arthritis Pain (aspirin) for Heart Attack: "I have rheumatoid arthritis and take an aspirin per day for my heart. It is effective in relieving headaches, especially quick if the tablet is chewed. Read the side effects to receive best results. Dosage I use is two, repeated as needed every few hours. This based on my needs and experience."

stricklerdavea February 13, 2014

Stanback Analgesic (aspirin) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I have rheumatoid arthritis in my shoulders and hands. My doc has had me try several different NSAID's for it. I was having the best results with plain old ibuprofen. But I was having to take 16 - 20 200 mg tablets a day. I saw Stanback at a local discount store and got 2 boxes. I was suffering terribly from the shoulder and hand pain and was willing to try anything. I tried Stanback, and it was like a miracle for me! If you're not familiar with Stanback it is a headache powder you can either take mixed with a liquid or pour straight on the tongue. It's very old school but works well and doesn't even taste bad."

JohnHalo (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 28, 2014

Bayer Aspirin (aspirin) for Heart Attack: "Good blood thinner"

clevelandrealtor (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 30, 2013

For Back Pain: "Asprin is much better,than Advil,Aleve for back pain and pain in joints. It's cheap and effective. The biggest disadvantage for aspirin is gastrointestinal disturbances."

cccv2 October 27, 2013

For Sciatica: "I have severe sciatica as a result of cyst on L5. Epidural failed, gave relief for a week before pain returned, and I am headed toward surgery to remove the cyst. I have found aspirin works better than Aleve (2 every 8 hours or 3 every 12 hours per my doc is OK) , Advil and Tylenol, 10 MG Norco and Gabapentin although I am stepping up bit by bit to a full dose of gabapentin and maybe eventually that will help. On a scale of 1-10 my pain is a 10 and the aspirin will cut it down to a 3-4 for a couple of hours."

candy3389 October 13, 2013

For Pain: "I have been taking aspirin for the last 35 years or so for headache related pain. It is far more effective than Tylenol or ibuprofen. It's pretty safe and very affordable."

sjp in Sacramento August 19, 2013

Bayer Children's Aspirin (aspirin) for Transient Ischemic Attack: "No side effects, easy to take, no more symptoms since taking."

r66baker (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 1, 2013

For Heart Attack: "My family has a history of heart attack so I always carry aspirin with me just in case. I found a wristband on the market that stores 2 aspirin in it. It is a great and convenient method of carrying aspirin around so I don't need a bulky bottle of it in my pocket. It is called the Beatfirst Aspirin Wristband for anyone else with the same problem."

Mike2K (taken for 10 years or more) January 24, 2013

Bufferin (aspirin) for Pain: "After having ulcers the doctor recomended bufferin for pain, that was 40 years ago. I have relied on that and extra strength bufferin since then. Since it was taken off the market I have tried others but they do not work as well. Please please bring the bufferin back."

Anonymous June 22, 2012

Bayer Advanced Aspirin (aspirin) for Back Pain: "Used Bayer Advanced for back pain before bed, slept through the night, which I haven't done for months. I take it every night before bed and can actually sleep."

grandmother4 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 26, 2012

For Osteoarthritis: "I have found that aspirin has been an amazing help with the arthritis pain that I have dealt with over the years. I don%u2019t know what got into me to give aspirin a try but am I ever glad that I did! I had thought that naproxen was the best I could do for pain using over the counter medicines since it had been a prescription drug at the time it was prescribed for me for this several years ago. However, at least for my shoulder pain problem, it has been the other way around. "

Anonymous January 23, 2012

Bayer Aspirin (aspirin) for Back Pain: "It works. I always take Bayer when I have a headache, and it always works. I took store brand aspirin for four days battling a headache, and it just DID NOT work at ALL. Popped two expired Bayer today and they still worked like magic on both my back pain from menstruation and the headache I haven't been able to get over. I feel so much better that I literally went online to write a review about it. If that doesn't convince you, I don't know what will. Try it, it works."

Anonymous November 14, 2011

For Pain: "This would be the second most effective NSAID for me, behind Motrin but well ahead of Aleve or other OTC's of any type - It is my preference for "cold and flu" because it breaks a fever pretty quick. If there is a downside, it's that if I take 2 or 3 a day for more than a week, it definitely causes a ringing in my ears, loud. Short-term or simple pain, the old school aspirin just works."

Anonymous July 25, 2010

Bayer Aspirin Extra Strength Plus (aspirin) for Angina: "I had short respiration and pain in the side left of the head and neck, very rapid palpitations and with fatigue. I took an aspirin and the next day I was feeling good or better."

Tatita September 17, 2009

For Sciatica: "I am 35 year old male with moderate to severe sciatica (pain from buttock to ankle) due to bulging disc L5 - S1. I found taking a 1000mg dose gave significant and almost total relief for about 1 to 2 hours. The effect was greater if the pain was not too severe, the best results came from taking Aspirin before the pain got severe. I also found that taking Aspirin without food made it work faster but I suffered stomach aches a consequence."

Mark P M August 17, 2009

Bayer Aspirin (aspirin) for Back Pain: "May not always numb it, but makes it bearable."

olddrugs July 24, 2009

For Back Pain: "Old and reliable."

olddrugs July 24, 2009

For Back Pain: "Have tried Motrin, Aleve, Tylenol for back pain and nothing works as well. Take it with food and take a brand that is coated and even the few side effects are lessened. It's still the safest and most effective in my personal view."

Renlynn June 29, 2009

For Thromboembolic Stroke Prophylaxis: "I have been using 150mg of aspirin everyday for the last 4 years. I have confirmed Diabetes and borderline high blood pressure. I don't find any side effects. The rest of the health parameters are okay."

hrthota December 11, 2008

For Back Pain: "It actually works."

FOXY MAMA November 14, 2008

Ascriptin Maximum Strength (aspirin) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I have used this aspirin for about 30 years to help with rheumatoid arthritis. I miss it terribly when I have to stop it for tests or medical procedures. The coating helps to keep it from hurting my stomach. "

Anonymous August 18, 2008