User Reviews for Enoxaparin

Also known as: Lovenox, Clexane, Clexane Forte

Enoxaparin has an average rating of 7.8 out of 10 from a total of 22 ratings on Drugs.com. 78% of those users who reviewed Enoxaparin reported a positive effect, while 22% reported a negative effect.

Deep Vein Thrombosis
Deep Vein Thrombosis Prophylaxis after Knee Replacement Surgery
Summary of Enoxaparin reviews 7.8 22 reviews

Reviews for Enoxaparin

TheLongestSurvivorOnEnoxaparin · Taken for 10 years or more August 18, 2020

For Deep Vein Thrombosis: “Had a DVT followed by PE three (3) times (I barely survived two of them, a medical miracle) after long flights starting at the age of 47. No genetic factors or cancer were ever found. Coumadin did not work (I got one PE while on it...), so was prescribed Lovenox (enoxaparin) at 150 mg once daily. Been on it for 20 years now without a single problem, even after many intercontinental flights--but I had missed one or two doses at most! Now switching to Eliquis (2 x 5 mg daily)- as I have had enough of sticking myself in the belly daily (I only seldom got minor hematomas, and no other side effects at all). Statistical comparisons look good, but my famous doc has never seen anybody on enoxaparin for 20 yrs... ;-), so we'll see how it goes.”

cousin · Taken for less than 1 month August 4, 2020

Lovenox (enoxaparin) for Deep Vein Thrombosis Prophylaxis after Abdominal Surgery: “After being scoped my urologist I was instructed to inject Lovenox twice daily, immediately I had anal or rectal bleed. I was in the hospital three days, I will never take Lovenox again.”

Amway April 29, 2020

Lovenox (enoxaparin) for Deep Vein Thrombosis Prophylaxis after Abdominal Surgery: “I took lovenox to prevent blood clots after having an emergency csection with my twin boys. It has been 4 months since I quit taking the shots. I still have pain at the injection sites. Has this happened to anyone else?”

Terry Wade November 1, 2009

Lovenox (enoxaparin) for Deep Vein Thrombosis: “I have been on Lovenox since June 1996, after two Pulmonary Embolisms. On Coumadin. I draw from 300ml vials twice a day using 31 guage needles from B-D. Using the pre-filled needles are too large. Inject very slow reduces bruising at the injection site. I inject my legs as well as my belly and rotate around to reduce sore spots.”

Anonymous September 3, 2009

Lovenox (enoxaparin) for Deep Vein Thrombosis: “Overall, this medicine got me out of the hospital in one day with a large clot in my calf. Much better than the IV drip option. Shots in stomach aren't too bad if you go slow...let the medicine work its way in slowly. I did experience small bruising at each shot location, and significant abdominal muscle pain. The muscle pain was a unique side effect from all the sites I searched, but I was very careful not to inject into a muscle.”

Anonymous December 24, 2011

Lovenox (enoxaparin) for Deep Vein Thrombosis: “It is the only medicine that I can take to assist with the fighting of DVT for me. Don't care for sticking myself everyday, although it is keeping me alive. I have tried Coumadin and Praxada, but with both became severely ill, so the only choice was Lovenox. Am looking for the option of going back to a pill or some other treatment one day, instead of injections. ”

kfo9494 · Taken for less than 1 month February 22, 2020

Lovenox (enoxaparin) for Deep Vein Thrombosis: “Was the only drug that would thin my blood well enough to get out of hospital. Was not thrilled about giving myself shots but it beats staying in hospital. The site of injection does bruise but I had no, too little, pain. And odd thing about the drug is that after injection there is no pain but wait a few seconds and you feel a slight burning sensation. Still on the medication and other than headaches, I have no side effects. Was glad to give myself the injections in order to leave the hospital.”

Jennnay November 8, 2009

Lovenox (enoxaparin) for Deep Vein Thrombosis Prophylaxis after Knee Replacement Surgery: “My PC put me on Lovenox as a bridge therapy. I usually take Coumadin as I have a greenfield filter in place, due to a DVT and bilateral pulmonary embolisms in 2006 following shoulder surgery. I'm going in for a total knee replacement next Monday. I've stopped the Coumadin yesterday and started injecting the Lovenox this morning. I'm insulin dependent so injecting into the stomach was old hat. Very surprised at the volume that needs to be injected.. I have a large bruise and sore lump in my belly from my first injection. I hope I don't bruise as badly with upcoming injections.. I will try injecting slower to minimize bruising.”

Fed up · Taken for less than 1 month November 18, 2019

Lovenox (enoxaparin) for Deep Vein Thrombosis, Prophylaxis: “My son had cancer and a chemo treatment. It caused blood clots. He was put on these injections. He had a stroke and because he was taking these injections he could not have the stroke buster meds. He died 4 weeks later from another stroke. He was diagnosed on Nov. 7, 2011 AND died on Dec. 31, 2011. I know he could have had a better chance to live a little longer if he had been on oral blood thinners, then he could have at least been given the chance to have the stoke busting drug.”

TheSinkMonster · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 29, 2014

Lovenox (enoxaparin) for Deep Vein Thrombosis, Prophylaxis: “I have Factor V Leiden, Prothrombin Mutation, Protein C Deficiency. Injected twice-daily, subcutaneously while pregnant. Injections were taken in the abdominal area, twice daily, for the duration of pregnancy. Regular treatments were warfarin (Coumadin) while not pregnant. Needles were not very big, but left a lot of bruising because of the thin blood, but that is to be expected with any blood thinner injection. Last month of pregnancy I used heparin injections, I was told they leave the body faster than Lovenox. Just in case of spontaneous labor.”

Stogie · Taken for less than 1 month July 5, 2019

For Deep Vein Thrombosis, Prophylaxis: “The enoxaparin medication worked fine . The problem was with the injector! I had to be on this drug for 14 days and 4 of the injectors misfired the safety cylinder rendering the access to the med. impossible. This caused me to have to purchase 4 additional syringes at a cost of $58.04 co-pay on my insurance. When I called the listed complaint line I was unable to even get connected to a human being to ask for assistance. Can I get a refund for the faulty syringes?”

waltbi August 3, 2016

Lovenox (enoxaparin) for Deep Vein Thrombosis: “Excellent!! The PCP tried to switch me to tabs and will insist this as I have medicare (A&B) as well as medicaid. What is it that the PCP is insisting on alternatives to Lovenox? PLEASE respond? I have a MA in economics and have taken undergrad. Anatomy & Phys. in addition to a course in pharmocology.”

crip · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 22, 2019

Lovenox (enoxaparin): “ I was given a series of three Lovenox injections in my upper neck. I am on 2 blood thinners. Eloquis and Brillanta both. I was to stop the blood thinners 4 days prior to the injections. The lovenox was 2 the first day, 2 the second day. Then one in the morning . The injection to my neck was given the following day, I resumed the blood thinners the day after the injection. Seven days later I developed blood clots in both of my legs. Almost causing amputation. It has been 13 months since the complications. I am learning how to walk again. The Drs were able to save my legs Thank God. I was told that the Bridge medicine Lovenox failed. Only one Dr said that and now she is recanting her statement. Do you have any comments or history on this drug. Any help would be greatly appreciated”

Tracy Mc. September 14, 2015

For Deep Vein Thrombosis Prophylaxis after Hip Replacement Surgery: “I just started taking this drug as a trial for avascular necrosis to try and reestablished blood flow to my left hip. I have been tested and found genetically prone to have vascular disease and blood clots so I was approved to use this. After 3 days, I have a very sore tummy, 1 black bruise and a headache but a lot of hope that as the 2nd person to try this drug, in this area, to save a hip joint from replacement, that all will be well. All your words gave me hope. Thank you.”

Anonymous July 6, 2009

Lovenox (enoxaparin) for Deep Vein Thrombosis: “I have been on this since 1995. It has been great for me, with no problems.”

phantomjetpilot · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 6, 2013

Lovenox (enoxaparin) for Deep Vein Thrombosis: “Works great for deep vein thrombosis! However, I always experience heavy bruising at the injection site.”

Clotty Clot Clot April 14, 2008

Lovenox (enoxaparin) for Deep Vein Thrombosis, Prophylaxis: “I was on this medicine for DVT prophylaxis. It kept me anti-coagulated like no other medicine.”

Pete Noe June 26, 2010

Lovenox (enoxaparin) for Deep Vein Thrombosis: “I found this medication to be very effective, however extremely expensive. My hospital charged $589.00 per injection! ”

Anonymous September 10, 2008

Lovenox (enoxaparin) for Deep Vein Thrombosis, Prophylaxis: “I've been using this medication for many years. The only problem I've had is bruising at the injection site.”

Anonymous July 10, 2012

Lovenox (enoxaparin) for Deep Vein Thrombosis: “Pain with the injection”

Jule2lan · Taken for less than 1 month February 26, 2018

For Deep Vein Thrombosis: “Everything ok, once you get used to the injections.”

PSO · Taken for less than 1 month November 18, 2019

For Deep Vein Thrombosis: “None of the side effects that I had from pills. The injections weren’t as bad as I thought they would be. Pinching during the injection & not rubbing after eliminated bruises for me.”

zeesha July 24, 2013

Lovenox (enoxaparin) for Angina: “Very effective.”