User Reviews for Enoxaparin to treat Deep Vein Thrombosis

Also known as: Lovenox, Clexane, Clexane Forte

Enoxaparin has an average rating of 9.2 out of 10 from a total of 9 ratings for the treatment of Deep Vein Thrombosis. 100% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 0% reported a negative effect.

Enoxaparin Rating Summary

9.2/10 average rating

Compare all 69 medications used in the treatment of Deep Vein Thrombosis.

TheLongestSurvivorOnEnoxaparin · Taken for 10 years or more August 18, 2020

“Had a DVT followed by PE three (3) times (I barely survived two of them, a medical miracle) after long flights starting at the age of 47. No genetic factors or cancer were ever found. Coumadin did not work (I got one PE while on it...), so was prescribed Lovenox (enoxaparin) at 150 mg once daily. Been on it for 20 years now without a single problem, even after many intercontinental flights--but I had missed one or two doses at most! Now switching to Eliquis (2 x 5 mg daily)- as I have had enough of sticking myself in the belly daily (I only seldom got minor hematomas, and no other side effects at all). Statistical comparisons look good, but my famous doc has never seen anybody on enoxaparin for 20 yrs... ;-), so we'll see how it goes.”

kfo9494 · Taken for less than 1 month February 22, 2020

Lovenox (enoxaparin): “Was the only drug that would thin my blood well enough to get out of hospital. Was not thrilled about giving myself shots but it beats staying in hospital. The site of injection does bruise but I had no, too little, pain. And odd thing about the drug is that after injection there is no pain but wait a few seconds and you feel a slight burning sensation. Still on the medication and other than headaches, I have no side effects. Was glad to give myself the injections in order to leave the hospital.”

PSO · Taken for less than 1 month November 18, 2019

“None of the side effects that I had from pills. The injections weren’t as bad as I thought they would be. Pinching during the injection & not rubbing after eliminated bruises for me.”

Terry Wade November 1, 2009

Lovenox (enoxaparin): “I have been on Lovenox since June 1996, after two Pulmonary Embolisms. On Coumadin. I draw from 300ml vials twice a day using 31 guage needles from B-D. Using the pre-filled needles are too large. Inject very slow reduces bruising at the injection site. I inject my legs as well as my belly and rotate around to reduce sore spots.”

Anonymous September 3, 2009

Lovenox (enoxaparin): “Overall, this medicine got me out of the hospital in one day with a large clot in my calf. Much better than the IV drip option. Shots in stomach aren't too bad if you go slow...let the medicine work its way in slowly. I did experience small bruising at each shot location, and significant abdominal muscle pain. The muscle pain was a unique side effect from all the sites I searched, but I was very careful not to inject into a muscle.”

Anonymous December 24, 2011

Lovenox (enoxaparin): “It is the only medicine that I can take to assist with the fighting of DVT for me. Don't care for sticking myself everyday, although it is keeping me alive. I have tried Coumadin and Praxada, but with both became severely ill, so the only choice was Lovenox. Am looking for the option of going back to a pill or some other treatment one day, instead of injections. ”

waltbi August 3, 2016

Lovenox (enoxaparin): “Excellent!! The PCP tried to switch me to tabs and will insist this as I have medicare (A&B) as well as medicaid. What is it that the PCP is insisting on alternatives to Lovenox? PLEASE respond? I have a MA in economics and have taken undergrad. Anatomy & Phys. in addition to a course in pharmocology.”

Anonymous July 6, 2009

Lovenox (enoxaparin): “I have been on this since 1995. It has been great for me, with no problems.”

phantomjetpilot · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 6, 2013

Lovenox (enoxaparin): “Works great for deep vein thrombosis! However, I always experience heavy bruising at the injection site.”

Pete Noe June 26, 2010

Lovenox (enoxaparin): “I found this medication to be very effective, however extremely expensive. My hospital charged $589.00 per injection! ”

Anonymous July 10, 2012

Lovenox (enoxaparin): “Pain with the injection”

Jule2lan · Taken for less than 1 month February 26, 2018

“Everything ok, once you get used to the injections.”

Learn more about Deep Vein Thrombosis