User Reviews for Eliquis

1.7

Venous ThromboembolismNot rated - Be the first1 review 12 medications
Summary of Eliquis reviews 5.7 70 reviews

Reviews for Eliquis

For Pulmonary Embolism "I broke my ankle and was laid up for 8 weeks. I was given three weeks of stomach injections to self administer. Got terrible pains in my back (or so I thought) at the end of 8 weeks I had pulmonary embolisms in both lungs. Put on equilis. No side effects at all, lots of energy, trying hard to walk for a couple of hours a day, good appetite. Miracle but I hope I'm not on it for life. In UK so free on the NHS"

twig (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 29, 2018

For Pulmonary Embolism "The first two weeks I slept non stop, had extreme vertigo and twice had vertigo so bad I ended up falling and hurting myself. I have had constant chest pain and palpitations, shortness of breath. I now am having blood in my urine and have been having moderate to severe back pain as well as daily low grade dizziness and sometimes confusion."

Terri (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 11, 2018

For Deep Vein Thrombosis, Prophylaxis "Water weight gain and renal failure because of the medication required to control the water retention. I gained over 50 pounds, went from a 34" waist to a 44" waist in the first year. A gout condition ensued as well. And it appears that I also got a kidney stone (not verified) which was so painful and lasted 70 days. After being off Eliquis, my weight has gradually dropped about 1/2 the weight with water retention medication been reduced."

flattop3 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 2, 2018

For Venous Thromboembolism "I've been using Eliquis for a month now and it is horrible .I have tremors, headache, a lot gas, body pain and joint pain. I take it for prevention of DVT. If Dr don't find other way to treat me I'll just have to change Dr because Eliquis side effects are bad and they won't change it to something else. I think the Dr gets paid extra for prescribing this medicine because he is to obsessed with give me this garbage."

Toro (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 23, 2018

For Deep Vein Thrombosis "I used once for DVT while in hospital. Experienced severe dizziness and headache on left side of head all day and an overall ill feeling. I decided not to take. I used Xerelto in the past for PE with no major side effects, will most likely go back to this."

Rockysg1 (taken for less than 1 month) June 15, 2018

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation "Symptoms of joint pain, fatigue, and burning skin came on gradually until it felt as if I had the flu with burning skin. Symptoms started to resolve within two days of discontinuing this drug. You couldn’t pay me to take it again."

Achenomore (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 7, 2018

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation "One cannot expect no reaction to this med. The “drug” is a biologic specifically made to be an antibody to the coagulation factor Xa. As many patients noted, evidence of complement activation and subsequent “leaky membrane” is apparent. At least one patient is prescient (predictive) enough to state these products should be taken off the market"

Junebug May 30, 2018

For Deep Vein Thrombosis, Prophylaxis "Have low heart rate 40/minute"

booty (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 21, 2018

For Deep Vein Thrombosis "Following knee surgery I developed a blood clot. The doctor originally put me on Xarelto and that was a disaster Dr had to take me off of it after 3 weeks and we switched to Eliquis. Almost immediately after beginning to take Eliquis I start to have random itching sensations all over by body. At first I didn’t think anything of it, but after 4 weeks on it I started to have uncontrollable itching late at night and extreme swelling in hands and feet due to the scratching. I would also develop hives and what looked like diaper rash all over my body. Luckily between the two drugs the clot is gone and I am back on aspirin. I have only been off of Eliquis for 5 days and some of the rash and itching has gotten better but not yet gone. I think some of the interactions seemed to be related to what I would eat."

Archie (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 16, 2018

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation "Causes side effects confusion, slows reaction."

Tng (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 29, 2018

For Thromboembolic Stroke Prophylaxis "Severe reaction after 30 days on meds. Hemorrhagic bleeding. Required 4 units of blood. 6 days in hospital"

My Mom (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 17, 2018

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation "Mom (88) was on this for 4 months. Had to take her to the hospital as she was exhausted and felt very ill. Found that the Eliqios gave her bleeding ulcers, and she had to be given blood transfusions because of severe blood loss, as well as drugs to help heal the ulcers. She always ate a healthy diet. Never had stomach issues before. After she went off this, her stomach healed up and she had no further problems with it. Stomach ulcers are not listed on the warnings for liquid."

Whitesands (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 16, 2018

"Water retention, weight gain (30lbs), swollen ankles, rash on left leg severe, right leg not too bad. Was severely sweating after heart was out of rhythm (after 10- 15 mins walking) NOW I cannot walk 20 feet without heavy breathing after taking Elequis. Cannot sleep and I used to sleep like a baby. Heart is good, stress test was good claustrophobia. Tops of my thighs are always itchy. I will bet there will be a class action lawsuit soon! Hope I still am alive to see this med taken off market! Am 68 years old with stents and no heart attacks or strokes"

Richie Rich (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 11, 2018

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation "After successful cardioversion I started Eliquis, 5mg twice a day. I've been on Eliquis for 2 years. I have not had any episodes of a-fib in that time. I've always noticed an uneasy feeling after taking it. My appetite increases with this feeling. I believe I need drug treatment for my a-fib and Eliquis works.......but my hair has thinned sooo much. I would say 50%. I also have nosebleeds every month or so. This product WORKS but the hair loss actually makes me cry!!"

JAZ (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 21, 2018

For Deep Vein Thrombosis, Prophylaxis "I had been on Warfarin for 20 years, and would occasionally get clots which came up from my legs, and while painful for a day or two, the Warfarin would eat them up, I was instructed not to inform the doctor if they were just small and painful, because I was therapeutic and there was nothing they could do for me at the hospital. If they were large enough, off to the catheterization lab, of course-. Eliquis does not eat them up. I have had a small clot for over two weeks now, and it's not going away. Not only that, but the circulation in my left leg has been set back a decade from switching to it; my blood is nice and thin, I bleed readily enough, but Eliquis is no match for Warfarin when it comes to old growth stuff. As a preventative, I bet it works great, but it is not for my rare case."

Joey March 5, 2018

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation "I was prescribed Eliquis after getting a pacemaker, and then the troubles began. Rapid water retention of 50 pounds occurred the first year. Then gout, a kidney stone and finally I could not walk 15 feet without holding on to something or sitting down. Then sleep was another problem, 3 or 4 hours a night, with stiff and painful mornings followed. My life changed from very active to almost an invalid. Doctors treated me, tested me, they all claimed nothing was wrong with me, all vitals were within normal guidelines. This is my current state and has been for over 2 years."

flattop (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 26, 2018

For Pulmonary Embolism "In September I had a saddle pulmonary embolism-blood clots in my calves had moved to the lungs. I was put on Eliquis and in 3 months time the clots in my legs had disappeared-very nice! I am wondering, however, whether Eliquis causes weakness. I was so weak today that I thought my legs were going to buckle."

Ninas1mommom (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 17, 2018

For Thromboembolic Stroke Prophylaxis "I had a stroke (Lacunar Infarct left side of pons area ) and was placed on Eliquis 5 mg twice per day. I began itching head to toe since April 2017. I looked up the side effects tonight and found this site. I am stopping this medication starting tonight! I can’t wait to stop ITCHING!! My skin feels like sandpaper. I feel like I have been wearing a wool body suit. Inside my ear canals are itching. I thought my stroke brought on cataracts- no this drug did. I am also suffering from insomnia and what do you know, it’s from this drug. Restless leg syndrome, confusion, I can go on and on. I’m stopping this drug now and will let my doc know. I do thank Eliquis for giving me the coupon to purchase this drug for $10.00/mo. But so sorry it is not for me."

SharonG53 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 5, 2017

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation "After two weeks itching over most of my body. Switched from warfarin, recommended by cardiologist. Exploring Watchman implant in light of TIA. Procedure very expensive and insurance won't pay unless all other options are followed. Will this side effect continue?"

Fraziermagee (taken for less than 1 month) December 3, 2017

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation "At age 79 and put on Eliquis 5 days ago--I have had such bad dizziness and nausea--and because of Meniere's also, the ears ringing has been awful and added to all this. I have chronic a-fib and have two cardio-versions. I was previously on 2 baby aspirin daily. Couldn't tolerate either of the other newer meds either. Everything seems to increase my dizziness due to Meniere's and adds to nausea and even confusion and etc. So--I just told my doctor--no more of this drug. I want to stay with the 2 baby aspirin daily. No history of stroke in my family--nor have I had any. I just don't do meds well 'at all'."

snowtop 54 (taken for less than 1 month) November 6, 2017

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation "I have had no problems with this drug, and have experienced a lot less bruising since on this drug, as opposed to taking warfarin."

Gretchen girl October 10, 2017

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation "Within 5 days of taking Eliquis I have an itch rash on both sides of various parts of the body. Particularly itch at night after a couple of hours sleep. Seems to appear on same area of opposite sides of body simultaneously. Legs, upper arms, forearms, thighs, sides of stomach and chest. Also muscle spasms, legs, hips, back arms. Stop taking drug and no more muscle spasms and itching and rash clears up within a week to ten days."

Frampo September 29, 2017

For Deep Vein Thrombosis, Prophylaxis "Anyone who takes this drug should have their head examined. I plan to file a lawsuit for what this medicine did to me. Nausea, headache, bruising, stiff painful joints, bleeding and fatigue. You name it this drug will do it to you. I quit this drug and any doctor who suggests taking it again will get dismissed by me"

Septson9 September 28, 2017

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation "I started on Elquis for 2 weeks I did have some side effects like bleeding easily when hit, bruising the I stopped. The dr said if I didn't take it I was subject 2 a stroke. He convinced me. I had been off of it for about a month, cause I just stopped it. Well I'm now back on it and have no side effects at all. GO FIGURE"

pleased (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 4, 2017

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation "The following problems occur when taking Eliquis: First I want to mention that I am also on Sotalol since 2008 (taken alone no side effects) 80mg am and 40mg pm. It seems as if most drugs that i try out have an effect on the Sotalol although the register says that there is no inteaction between those drugs. Beside it runs in the family that most of us (3) have a problem with almost any drug Eliquis: headache, restless heartbeat, perspiring, dizziness and physical instability, general weakness and shaky legs,etc. Generally unhappy"

migsie (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 18, 2017