User Reviews for Eliquis

Thromboembolic Stroke Prophylaxis
1.7

Summary of Eliquis reviews 5.6 65 reviews

Reviews for Eliquis

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation "Symptoms of joint pain, fatigue, and burning skin came on gradually until it felt as if I had the flu with burning skin. Symptoms started to resolve within two days of discontinuing this drug. You couldn’t pay me to take it again."

Achenomore (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 7, 2018

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation "One cannot expect no reaction to this med. The “drug” is a biologic specifically made to be an antibody to the coagulation factor Xa. As many patients noted, evidence of complement activation and subsequent “leaky membrane” is apparent. At least one patient is prescient (predictive) enough to state these products should be taken off the market"

Junebug May 30, 2018

For Deep Vein Thrombosis, Prophylaxis "Have low heart rate 40/minute"

booty (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 21, 2018

For Deep Vein Thrombosis "Following knee surgery I developed a blood clot. The doctor originally put me on Xarelto and that was a disaster Dr had to take me off of it after 3 weeks and we switched to Eliquis. Almost immediately after beginning to take Eliquis I start to have random itching sensations all over by body. At first I didn’t think anything of it, but after 4 weeks on it I started to have uncontrollable itching late at night and extreme swelling in hands and feet due to the scratching. I would also develop hives and what looked like diaper rash all over my body. Luckily between the two drugs the clot is gone and I am back on aspirin. I have only been off of Eliquis for 5 days and some of the rash and itching has gotten better but not yet gone. I think some of the interactions seemed to be related to what I would eat."

Archie (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 16, 2018

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation "Causes side effects confusion, slows reaction."

Tng (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 29, 2018

For Thromboembolic Stroke Prophylaxis "Severe reaction after 30 days on meds. Hemorrhagic bleeding. Required 4 units of blood. 6 days in hospital"

My Mom (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 17, 2018

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation "Mom (88) was on this for 4 months. Had to take her to the hospital as she was exhausted and felt very ill. Found that the Eliqios gave her bleeding ulcers, and she had to be given blood transfusions because of severe blood loss, as well as drugs to help heal the ulcers. She always ate a healthy diet. Never had stomach issues before. After she went off this, her stomach healed up and she had no further problems with it. Stomach ulcers are not listed on the warnings for liquid."

Whitesands (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 16, 2018

"Water retention, weight gain (30lbs), swollen ankles, rash on left leg severe, right leg not too bad. Was severely sweating after heart was out of rhythm (after 10- 15 mins walking) NOW I cannot walk 20 feet without heavy breathing after taking Elequis. Cannot sleep and I used to sleep like a baby. Heart is good, stress test was good claustrophobia. Tops of my thighs are always itchy. I will bet there will be a class action lawsuit soon! Hope I still am alive to see this med taken off market! Am 68 years old with stents and no heart attacks or strokes"

Richie Rich (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 11, 2018

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation "After successful cardioversion I started Eliquis, 5mg twice a day. I've been on Eliquis for 2 years. I have not had any episodes of a-fib in that time. I've always noticed an uneasy feeling after taking it. My appetite increases with this feeling. I believe I need drug treatment for my a-fib and Eliquis works.......but my hair has thinned sooo much. I would say 50%. I also have nosebleeds every month or so. This product WORKS but the hair loss actually makes me cry!!"

JAZ (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 21, 2018

For Deep Vein Thrombosis, Prophylaxis "I had been on Warfarin for 20 years, and would occasionally get clots which came up from my legs, and while painful for a day or two, the Warfarin would eat them up, I was instructed not to inform the doctor if they were just small and painful, because I was therapeutic and there was nothing they could do for me at the hospital. If they were large enough, off to the catheterization lab, of course-. Eliquis does not eat them up. I have had a small clot for over two weeks now, and it's not going away. Not only that, but the circulation in my left leg has been set back a decade from switching to it; my blood is nice and thin, I bleed readily enough, but Eliquis is no match for Warfarin when it comes to old growth stuff. As a preventative, I bet it works great, but it is not for my rare case."

Joey March 5, 2018

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation "I was prescribed Eliquis after getting a pacemaker, and then the troubles began. Rapid water retention of 50 pounds occurred the first year. Then gout, a kidney stone and finally I could not walk 15 feet without holding on to something or sitting down. Then sleep was another problem, 3 or 4 hours a night, with stiff and painful mornings followed. My life changed from very active to almost an invalid. Doctors treated me, tested me, they all claimed nothing was wrong with me, all vitals were within normal guidelines. This is my current state and has been for over 2 years."

flattop (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 26, 2018

For Pulmonary Embolism "In September I had a saddle pulmonary embolism-blood clots in my calves had moved to the lungs. I was put on Eliquis and in 3 months time the clots in my legs had disappeared-very nice! I am wondering, however, whether Eliquis causes weakness. I was so weak today that I thought my legs were going to buckle."

Ninas1mommom (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 17, 2018

For Thromboembolic Stroke Prophylaxis "I had a stroke (Lacunar Infarct left side of pons area ) and was placed on Eliquis 5 mg twice per day. I began itching head to toe since April 2017. I looked up the side effects tonight and found this site. I am stopping this medication starting tonight! I can’t wait to stop ITCHING!! My skin feels like sandpaper. I feel like I have been wearing a wool body suit. Inside my ear canals are itching. I thought my stroke brought on cataracts- no this drug did. I am also suffering from insomnia and what do you know, it’s from this drug. Restless leg syndrome, confusion, I can go on and on. I’m stopping this drug now and will let my doc know. I do thank Eliquis for giving me the coupon to purchase this drug for $10.00/mo. But so sorry it is not for me."

SharonG53 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 5, 2017

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation "After two weeks itching over most of my body. Switched from warfarin, recommended by cardiologist. Exploring Watchman implant in light of TIA. Procedure very expensive and insurance won't pay unless all other options are followed. Will this side effect continue?"

Fraziermagee (taken for less than 1 month) December 3, 2017

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation "At age 79 and put on Eliquis 5 days ago--I have had such bad dizziness and nausea--and because of Meniere's also, the ears ringing has been awful and added to all this. I have chronic a-fib and have two cardio-versions. I was previously on 2 baby aspirin daily. Couldn't tolerate either of the other newer meds either. Everything seems to increase my dizziness due to Meniere's and adds to nausea and even confusion and etc. So--I just told my doctor--no more of this drug. I want to stay with the 2 baby aspirin daily. No history of stroke in my family--nor have I had any. I just don't do meds well 'at all'."

snowtop 54 (taken for less than 1 month) November 6, 2017

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation "I have had no problems with this drug, and have experienced a lot less bruising since on this drug, as opposed to taking warfarin."

Gretchen girl October 10, 2017

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation "Within 5 days of taking Eliquis I have an itch rash on both sides of various parts of the body. Particularly itch at night after a couple of hours sleep. Seems to appear on same area of opposite sides of body simultaneously. Legs, upper arms, forearms, thighs, sides of stomach and chest. Also muscle spasms, legs, hips, back arms. Stop taking drug and no more muscle spasms and itching and rash clears up within a week to ten days."

Frampo September 29, 2017

For Deep Vein Thrombosis, Prophylaxis "Anyone who takes this drug should have their head examined. I plan to file a lawsuit for what this medicine did to me. Nausea, headache, bruising, stiff painful joints, bleeding and fatigue. You name it this drug will do it to you. I quit this drug and any doctor who suggests taking it again will get dismissed by me"

Septson9 September 28, 2017

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation "I started on Elquis for 2 weeks I did have some side effects like bleeding easily when hit, bruising the I stopped. The dr said if I didn't take it I was subject 2 a stroke. He convinced me. I had been off of it for about a month, cause I just stopped it. Well I'm now back on it and have no side effects at all. GO FIGURE"

pleased (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 4, 2017

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation "The following problems occur when taking Eliquis: First I want to mention that I am also on Sotalol since 2008 (taken alone no side effects) 80mg am and 40mg pm. It seems as if most drugs that i try out have an effect on the Sotalol although the register says that there is no inteaction between those drugs. Beside it runs in the family that most of us (3) have a problem with almost any drug Eliquis: headache, restless heartbeat, perspiring, dizziness and physical instability, general weakness and shaky legs,etc. Generally unhappy"

migsie (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 18, 2017

For Thromboembolic Stroke Prophylaxis "My 83 yo father was in danger of losing his life. Has Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (ICD), stomach problems and prostate cancer in past. He had developed a Blood clot behind ICD. He deteriorated within 3 days of taking this drug, couldn't walk and bleeding out through back passage, kidneys and we don't know where else as still waiting for test results. His lactate levels 7.3 on admittance to hospital; a sustained 5 has a survival rate of only 11% so dad lucky thus far. He has received 4 units of blood, oxygen, saline solution to try to flush it out. This medication must be administered with caution, looking at previous conditions and closely monitored. My dad deteriorated within 72 of starting it. The external symptoms are: listlessness, waxy skin, breathing difficulties, paralysis of lower limbs."

Liz71 (taken for less than 1 month) June 23, 2017

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation "44yo male prescribed after a second incident of paroxysmal AFib, was on low dose aspirin prior. I've had no side effects after 6 months on it other than easier bruising. It has the same bleeding risk of aspirin but is much more effective for clot control with AFib. Hopefully can get off it soon since I just had an ablation, but at least it's convenient to use vs the kinds that need all the monitoring and diet issues. Can't rate it 10 just because of the obvious bleeding risk issues. I'm lucky enough my insurance covered it for a $20 copay and recently that has dropped to $0 so I guess it's becoming more mainstream vs. the other meds."

flyinion (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 20, 2017

For Deep Vein Thrombosis "I don't see any difference than when I was taking low dose aspirin, except the cost."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 20, 2017

For Deep Vein Thrombosis "My blood sugar has gone up since starting eliquis. Has anyone else suffered this rise in sugar levels"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 4, 2017

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation "I have needed blood transfusion every 2 months , more if I want , iron My level is very low since on Eliquis"

Bksmallwood May 23, 2017