User Reviews for Eliquis

Venous Thromboembolism 2 reviews 12 medications
Summary of Eliquis reviews 5.1 141 reviews

Reviews for Eliquis

Melody · Taken for less than 1 month September 6, 2020

For Deep Vein Thrombosis, Prophylaxis: “I'm a 51 year old white, female, who had an ER visit after 2 weeks of calf pain that got unbearable. A sonogram showed 2 DVT's in my calf, and I've never had any previous issues with blood clots, DVT's, heart, or valve/artery issues. They couldn't really figure out what caused them, as I'm evidently a very low risk subject. I've been home, and on Eliquis for 4 days now, with no side effects at all, other than being scared to death of others experiences with side effects. My swelling has gone down, my leg pain feels 100% better, and I can walk again. Prayers for everyone!”

SinAZ · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 27, 2020

For Pulmonary Embolism: “I was on Eliquis for four years. Developed an allergy to the drug so I was forced to discontinue use after starting a new blood thinner.”

RAL · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 25, 2020

For Deep Vein Thrombosis: “I've been on Eliquis for a little over a month now. Started on the 7 days 20 mg and am now on the 10 mg dose until Oct. I sometimes feel dizzy or get mild headaches while on it. The head aches come and go. I can't wait to be off it.”

Dizzy · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 13, 2020

For Deep Vein Thrombosis: “Been on this med Eliquis for almost 2 months but also going through chemo. Been having dizziness and feel lightheaded. I attributed it to chemo but after reading other reviews can't rule out that eliquis may be the problem”

Young 44 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 13, 2020

For Deep Vein Thrombosis: “From the second day of 5mg every 12hr I could walk again. I got a clot in the popliteal vein behind the knee. I discovered after 3 weeks of mild pain and difficulties to bend the knee, and increasing swelling in the left leg. After 8 months doctors reduce the amount at half (2,5mg every 12 hr)Apixaban works as a miracle with me. No problems at all and the peace of mind to don't have to check the blood every so often.”

Ron · Taken for less than 1 month August 12, 2020

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation: “Severe stomach pain from Eliquis 5 mg twice a day. Only been on it for 5 days. Hurts so bad I can’t sleep. My stroke score is a zero. Less than 1% chance of a stroke. This stuff is awful. Took xarelto for 2 months and had. Severe back pain.”

Lindy August 5, 2020

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation: “Been on Eliquis a little over a month after having one Afib attack. 2.5 mg twice a day. Hate it and hate the metoprolol I am also taking. Both have exact same side effects so hard to tell which causes me problems. I had ringing in the ears before these meds but meds make it way worse. Aches all over. Kidneys hurt. Headaches most of the time. Itching. Starting to lose hair. Tingling in legs and feet. I think the metoprolol causes the frequent urination but I think so does Eliquis. When you get a printout from the Dr or pharmacy you only get a few of the side effects. I use this Drugs.com site to find out ALL side effects of any med. I have been told through the years by different Drs how well I do with pain. I felt so bad today I just cried. This stuff is poison. 68 yr old female with no other health problems. Til I started taking this poison. May look into natural treatment before this stuff is awful. So sick.”

Lola July 30, 2020

For Pulmonary Embolism: “Was placed on Eliquis after a small PE. The clot was dissolved within three weeks, so while I’m grateful the Eliquis did it’s job, I begged my doctor to take me off it and got switched to Warfarin. Eliquis just made me feel lifeless. I all day fatigue and weakness, feeling spacey and zoned out to the degree that it was very challenging to work at times, dizziness, heart palpitations, spells where I felt on the verge of passing out, difficulty swallowing, random weird pains in my eyes, ears, and extremities, back spasms and constant back pain, water weight gain and uncomfortable bloating and swelling, swollen feet and ankles, nausea, GI distress, stomach pains, and diarrhea, and rectal bleeding. Also had liver tests come back with abnormalities while on the med. These symptoms caused my doctor to refer me to several trips to the ER.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 22, 2020

For Deep Vein Thrombosis, Prophylaxis: “I had back surgery March 17. 2020. I started having a lot of pain in my right calf area. I was told it was probably a blood clot due to back surgery, but the surgeon set up an ultrasound later that same day. Started Eliquis the next day. 5 mg x 2 times daily. I was on Eliquis for 3 months. After the first week took only one 5 mg. The blood clot had dissolved. About the second week taking Eliquis, I developed a dark brown tongue, stomach issues and very weak. Still to this day I have pain in my stomach. Vomiting and belching. I have had several Doctors visits as well as ER visits and still to this day feel like crap. Next have to go to gastroenterologist. The money I have spent is unreal. My advice is to stay away from this stuff.”

SG · Taken for less than 1 month June 18, 2020

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation: “My sister was diagnosed with Atrial Fibrillation and was prescription Eliquis. After three weeks of constant head aches, which she reported to her doctor, they made her an appointment for a check up. Three days before her appointment she suffered a brain aneurysm and died. The doctor attending her said they had "reports" of this "common" problem. If you're prescribed a medication that makes you feel worse and your doctor doesn't respond immediately with a solution, go to someone who will respond. Check the warning on the medication website, it could save your life.”

Phoebe June 2, 2020

For Deep Vein Thrombosis: “I was prescribed Eliquis after experiencing an upper extremity deep vein thrombosis due to thoracic outlet syndrome. The clot was dissolved in hospital through thrombolysis. I was sent home with Eliquis 10 mgs. x2 per day for a week, then 5 mgs x2 per day for maintenance. I didn't realize how horrible this drug made me feel until I called my hematologist after 3 months and begged him to reduce the dose. I experienced extreme fatigue, depression/apathy, muscle pain all over my body, and joint pain that would keep me up at night in my hips and lower back. My whole body began to hurt all the time after about 5 weeks on the medication. I couldn't do any exercise without being unable to get out of a chair for days afterwards. Not to mention the horrible heartburn. Fortunately, I see a TOS expert soon, and fingers crossed will be able to drop the Eliquis entirely. Has been an awful experience.”

Widower · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 20, 2020

For Deep Vein Thrombosis: “Eliquis made me a widower”

Mary · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 18, 2020

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation: “I want to let people know there are alternatives to medication. Eliquis caused my husband to be very sick. He had atrial flutter. But try natural remedies to strengthen the heart like Hawthorn solid extract and coQ10. Speak to a herbalist natural may work for you. Pharma just wants to keep you on medications for the money they only treat the symptoms not the underlying condition which could be a mineral deficiency or something to strengthen the heart.. So please look in to alternatives not just pharmaceuticals”

Cece · Taken for less than 1 month April 20, 2020

For Pulmonary Embolism: “I had a PE in August 2019. A blood clot went from my left calf to my lung. I had never any issues related to blood clots before. While in the hospital, I was diagnosed as having Lupus Anticoagulant Disorder. I was sent home on Coumadin. I hated the side effects and how they made me feel. I had no energy. And felt so lethargic. I went from having long hair past my butt to my hair being in a pixie like cut. Coumadin made my hair fall out. And lets not even get started on the weekly to sometimes twice weekly protime blood work. My INR was up and down and my fingers so sore and bruised from checks. Fast forward to April 2020 and the doctor finally switched my to Eliquis. I've had no side effects so far. And I'm so happy to be off Coumadin I could cry. For that it has been a god send. Now as far as co pay is concerned, I am on Medicaid and it paid the full cost. I am not sure about others.”

PeggyV April 19, 2020

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation: “Because of an irratic heart beat, my cardiologist put me on Eliquis 2.5mg twice a day. I have been on this med. For about 4 months. Mainly,I am having pain in my feet and redness, particularly when I get up in the morning. Also, I have pain in my left ankle, together with one of my toes. I have also notice pains in my arms and hands. I keep thinking it is arthritis. In addition, I feel out of balance when I walk, plus vision seems affected. I still function, but moderately. I also take Metoprolol, 12.5mg per day. Help....I am 81 years old.”

dk9766 April 3, 2020

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation: “I have A-Fib and had a pacemaker installed in December 2019, at that time my doctor had told me as soon as I am healed from the pacemaker procedure he wanted to do an ablation for the A-Fib. about 1 month and a half ago he prescribed Eliquis for my procedure that was supposed to be April 9th but has been cancelled due to the COVID-19 issues. I have gained about 15-20 lbs since I started taking it, I am fatigued and my joints ache and hurt all the time, and I am having problems having regular bowel movements. I thought I was losing my mind to begin with until I looked at some of these reviews and saw others who were having the same kinds of issues. I am still on it and don't have any idea when I might be able to have the procedure and get off of it. I asked the nurse if the weight gain or constipation might be from Eliquis and she said no...???? Prayers for me would be appreciated!”

Esquil March 19, 2020

For Pulmonary Embolism: “I had a blood clot in my leg (DVT) Which caused a clot to go to my right lung (PE). Started taking the drug Eliquis at the hospital. My first prescription was filled at Walmart for $78.00 with insurance. CVS Charged be $40.00 for my second prescription with insurance. I called Eliquis and did qualify for a $10.00 copay card. Yea! I've experience nose bleeds after blowing my nose. I've had dizzy spells that feel like very low blood pressure or feel like passing out after standing. Sometimes I'm ok but, after about 20 steps it hits me hard. I've had rashes on my hip and pectoral region of chest. I've had to itch my arm and ended up causing a bruise. Be careful and scratch lightly. Please quit smoking if any way possible.”

Oregon follow up March 13, 2020

For Deep Vein Thrombosis: “Update from a previous comment. Switched from Xeralto to Eliquis about 12 months ago. Horrific side effects as with Xeralto. I had days where I can't remember simple basic things, difficulty remembering family members, names. Am dizzy, nauseous, osteoarthritis, joint pain, ears ringing, complete loss of vision. Penile bleeding. Strange pimples. Horrific lack of energy. Chest pains and fluttering heart, feels like a heart attack. WEIGHT GAIN... I went from 150-165 average to becoming a 210. But adding weight plus the inability to exercise and strengthen the body.. any mishapped fall or jump or avoidance of sudden movement and you can be SEVERELY INJURED. As I lay here with a back injury also related to NEUROPATHY from eliquis.”

ScottN · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 10, 2020

For Pulmonary Embolism: “Had PE events twice due to a factor 9 blood clotting disorder at age 47. Was put on Coumadin for 3 years. Regular INR checks are painful and costly. Dr switched me to Eliquis and I've been on it for 3 years. I am male, exercise regularly, in good health other than the blood disorder. Honestly, I can't tell any side effects at all..other than not having anymore PE's!!”

BerkshireBear · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 2, 2020

For Pulmonary Embolism: “About 2 years ago a large DVT was discovered, and was immediately started on Eliquis. Started with a double dose for a short while, then 5mg 2/day for almost a year, then dropped to 2.5mg for about 6 months. No side effects that I can identify. At about 18 months the Hematologist decided that the DVT was "incident related" and unlikely to recur. Off Eliquis, but continued 81 Aspirin. Six months later another clot found its way into my lungs, Pulmonary Embolism everywhere. The doctors declared me "a clotter", and put me back on Eliquis at 5mg 2/day -- this time for life. Well they did suggest that I might cut back to 2.5mg after a year if tests prove I'm stable. After reading other posts here I'm thankful that all those terrible side effects have stepped aside in my case. The only effect I see is when I bash my knuckles when working on my truck there's a little bit of extra bleeding -- probably good in the long run as it washes the wound.”

IkHowVanYowe · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 19, 2020

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation: “Started taking Eliquis for a superficial blood clot (which was treated as a DVT) and within the first two weeks my mouth started itching and developed hives on my extremities. My doctor told me to take benedryl which helped. However, I would have rather been taken off the medication instead of being put on additional medications.”

Oyordone · Taken for less than 1 month February 14, 2020

For Deep Vein Thrombosis: “I got diagnosed with DVT today in the emergency room and received Eliquis by a mouth and got up prescription for it. I am going to update you on how I do on the medication.”

Joey · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 12, 2020

For Pulmonary Embolism: “I was on Apixaban for a PE and I suffered terrible with a painful tender scalp finished taking them after 6 months my scalp went back to normal now back on them because I’ve had another PE and my scalp is back to really sore and tender to touch anyone else had this problem”

CindyLou · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 9, 2020

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation: “My mom had triple coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG) with occassional afib which happened little over three months ago. So was put on Eliquis She has been hospitalized twice since then and was not progressing in her recovery. She had rectal bleeding and bright red to pink urine along with water retention and problems breathing. Heart was checking out completely fine, doctors were at a loss. Finally my daughter and I got ahold of lab results to discover she was anemic. Doctors missed the lab results!! Stopped the Eliquis January 24th, hospital gave her 2 units of blood and now she’s like a whole new person. Feeling better, rectal bleeding stopped after 2 days off eliquis, lost 25 lbs in water! She’ll be going on Coumadin. Sorry we’ll take the extra blood work and watching what foods she eats over this rubbish any day! Nightmare ”

GardenLad7 · Taken for less than 1 month February 3, 2020

For Deep Vein Thrombosis: “Had leg pain, told my Primary Care Doctor. She had the hospital take an ultrasound and they admitted me to the hospital immediately. Said I had a DVT. On heparin while in the hospital, no side effects to mention. Started Eliquis as soon as I got home. Feel like I am dead. Weak, dizzy, can't stand, off balance, my body hurts all over like I was someone's punching bag. Wicked tremors, itchy skin feeling. Head feels like it's full of cotton, hard time concentrating. And this has only been for one week!”