User Reviews for Eliquis

Learn more about Eliquis.

Pulmonary Embolism 4 reviews 15 medications

Deep Vein Thrombosis, Prophylaxis 1 reviews 15 medications

Thromboembolic Stroke Prophylaxis 1 reviews 62 medications

Summary of Eliquis reviews 46 reviews 5.0

Reviews for Eliquis

For Thromboembolic Stroke Prophylaxis "My 83 yo father was in danger of losing his life. Has Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (ICD), stomach problems and prostate cancer in past. He had developed a Blood clot behind ICD. He deteriorated within 3 days of taking this drug, couldn't walk and bleeding out through back passage, kidneys and we don't know where else as still waiting for test results. His lactate levels 7.3 on admittance to hospital; a sustained 5 has a survival rate of only 11% so dad lucky thus far. He has received 4 units of blood, oxygen, saline solution to try to flush it out. This medication must be administered with caution, looking at previous conditions and closely monitored. My dad deteriorated within 72 of starting it. The external symptoms are: listlessness, waxy skin, breathing difficulties, paralysis of lower limbs."

Liz71 (taken for less than 1 month) June 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation "44yo male prescribed after a second incident of paroxysmal AFib, was on low dose aspirin prior. I've had no side effects after 6 months on it other than easier bruising. It has the same bleeding risk of aspirin but is much more effective for clot control with AFib. Hopefully can get off it soon since I just had an ablation, but at least it's convenient to use vs the kinds that need all the monitoring and diet issues. Can't rate it 10 just because of the obvious bleeding risk issues. I'm lucky enough my insurance covered it for a $20 copay and recently that has dropped to $0 so I guess it's becoming more mainstream vs. the other meds."

flyinion (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Deep Vein Thrombosis "I don't see any difference than when I was taking low dose aspirin, except the cost."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Deep Vein Thrombosis "My blood sugar has gone up since starting eliquis. Has anyone else suffered this rise in sugar levels"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation "I have needed blood transfusion every 2 months , more if I want , iron My level is very low since on Eliquis"

Bksmallwood May 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation "Has seemed to keep a-fib occurrences down but upsets stomach sometimes. Hate having another med that I may have to take for the rest of my life."

Skylark44 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation "I have afib and have had multiple cardioversions, ablation, and antiarrythmic drugs and cannot stay in sinus rhythm. I was on coumadin for a while but had large swings in INR despite frequent monitoring and no change in diet. I have been on Eliquis for 3 years and have had no bleeding or side effects. Other than the fact that it is expensive and must be dosed twice daily, I have no complaints whatsoever."

Radiation Oncologist May 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation "This is a terrible medication that shouldn't be on the market. My brother in law is fighting for his life right now. My sister (his wife) just had hip replacement and has to deal with him having a brain bleed due to this terrible medication. Pray for Robert."

worried4andersen (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation "I recently started Eliquis (brand) as my doctor wants to do a cardioversion in hopes of getting my heart back into a normal rhythm. You need to be on a blood thinner prior to, and after, this procedure. Because of my past experiences with side effects, I quartered a few of the 5mg tablets and took one quarter (1.25mg) on each of the first two days. On the third day, I took two 1.25mg doses of Eliquis, twelve hrs apart, for a daily total of 2.5mg. Within 30 min after taking the second 1.25 dose, I began to feel a continuous internal tremor that lasted for 5 hrs.-no pain, no external tremor, no feeling ill. I am afraid to increase the dosage to reach the prescribed 5mg x 2/daily. HAS ANYONE ELSE EXPERIENCED THIS SIDE EFFECT??"

GrammyO (taken for less than 1 month) April 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation "Rapid heart rate"

Madelaine April 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Deep Vein Thrombosis "This drug is dangerous. After a DVT, I was placed on the drug 5mg. twice a day. After a week my colon stated to feel funny. A couple days later I developed significant rectal bleeding. Went to ER where they diagnosed it was due to the Eliquis. Stopped the drug and bleeding stoped within two days. I am now on 10mg Xarelto once a day. No bleeding after seven days. Have a friend that is now in intensive care with a brain bleed. He was also on Eliquis for atrial fibrillation. Had been on the drug for four months. His started with minor headaches. FDA has it listed as a Black Box which means it could be fatal. Non of this was told to me at the ER for my DVT."

Surfer 65 April 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pulmonary Embolism "Very expensive, leaves large bruises on my skin from small bumps, I also had pretty thick hair, loss of hair since starting eliquis"

Botchie April 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation "I am 61 years old. Have been in permanent Afib for approximately 6 years. I was originally put on 100mg aspirin for 18 months, then went on to Warfarin prior to an attempt at cardioversion. Heart remained in Afib so was soon after put on to Eliquis (5mg tab twice a day). I have been on this medication now for 4 years. Prior to being on Elequis, I had to inject with Clexane prior to any air travel as a precaution. Since being on Eliquis I have not had any side effects, no need for Clexane when travelling. The only precaution recommended was NOT to take any medications such as Ibroprufen for pain relief or flu and cold capsules that contain pseudoephedrine."

Very Happy Camper March 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation "I was diagnosed with afibs about 6 years ago. Given flecinide and told to take 2 low dose aspirin. Recently the doctor told me aspirin was not sufficient to prevent a stroke. He prescribed eliquis 5mg twice a day. I have been suffering with headaches. They feel like pressure on the top of my head. In addition ,I am very tired and I don't feel as though I think as clearly. I will be seeing the doctor next week. I hope he takes me off this medication. I honestly do not feel well. I am 72 years of age."

Suefla March 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pulmonary Embolism "I was 23 when I developed my first DVT and was instantly put on Xarelto. Being low risk, I was told to go on with normal activity. Xarelto left me feeling exhausted after minimal activity. Two days later, my DVT moved through my heart, into my lungs causing a PE. I was put on Heparin while in the hospital. Left the hospital a few days later and resumed Xarelto with the continued awful side effects. I continued to experience chest pain, shortness of breath, and extreme exhaustion. My doctor thought I was having a reaction to the medicine so they switched me to Eliquis. Since then, I have had zero side effects. I have my life back for once. Love that you don't need to have your INR checked, and foods don't counteract the drug."

KR2017 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation "Possibly due to my flu/pneumonia, had an episode of ventrical tachycardia followed by a-fib. Had an implantable cardioverter-defibrillator (ICD). Put on beta blockers and antibiotics in hospital and monitored for several days before going home with script for Eliquis in addition to the other meds. The need for a blood thinner was debated because of very low risk factors. After 4th dose of Eliquis on the second day of being released, developed itchy red rash over much of face, neck, torso, arms, thighs and genital area. Doctor advised me to stop taking Eliquis."

Danch Clump March 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Deep Vein Thrombosis "My dad died from this. We are suing them he was 48. He had a catastrophic brain bleed . Don't take it"

Jerrys daugther (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation "I take Eliquisat night (5mg) and wondered if anyone else has to get up to urinate 4-5 times at night. Did not see this on the side effects."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation "I was having dizziness shortly after taking the pill. I kept taking it for almost a month when I had a fainting spell and decided I had to stop it. My doctor agreed that I should. I am an 80 year old woman just recently diagnosed with AF. I am back on 81mg aspirin. I am not diabetic or have any other maladies. I'm glad for those who it works for, I'm just not one of them."

Hemegrndma (taken for less than 1 month) January 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation "I have been taking Eliquis for about 7 months due to AF. I resisted taking Eliquis forever and insisted that aspirin was doing the job. My cardiologist was nice but firm in mentioning that I have a history of strokes on the maternal side of my family. My AF got worse after 8 years of being on Flecanaide, bp and cholestrol meds so I had a cryoablation in June of 2016. So far I have not had any bad side effects but I do have some dizziness and occasional flushing. I also have a tendency to get rashes. Has anyone had this happen? So far I've been fine and no AF so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it all works."

SKWriter (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 22, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation "I am an 91-year old woman with permanent atrial fibrillation on 2.5 mg twice daily. I have had no problems or side effects and eat lots of green vegetables. Very satisfied with it, have been on it for two years."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 19, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation "In my 80s, A-Fib diagnosed 18 years ago. Tried all the drugs at the time to correct it including going through Cardiac-Ablation w/o anesthesia (sedation did not help much). Nothing worked. On Coumadin until 2 years go - didn't like the limitations on food intake due to Vit.K avoidance- switched to Eliquis. Very happy with it. Possibly contributes to constipation like other Rx I take, but can't blame Eliquis. No other apparent side effects. Glad to longer take 'rat poison', which my son always reminded me I'd been taking and enjoying green vegetables again."

Mainiac#2 October 21, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation "This Med immediately caused me to have out of controll nosebleeds and bruising. This Med is deadly, don't take it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

B in Mo. (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 29, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Deep Vein Thrombosis "38 years old. Take blood thinners as prevention of blood clots due to clotting disorder. I've experienced on again, off again dizziness and wooziness during the day. Will need to talk with my doctor about this."

Hsteele (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 20, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation "Much easier to use then warfarin which I was on for 5 years. The only side effect I am finding is hair loss. I checked side effects for eliquis but hair loss was not on the list. I have been on this drug since April 2016."

grandmother of 11 September 10, 2016