User Reviews for Eliquis

Learn more about Eliquis.

Eliquis Rating Summary

6.2/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 24 medications used in the treatment of Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation.

Reviews for Eliquis to treat Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation

"44yo male prescribed after a second incident of paroxysmal AFib, was on low dose aspirin prior. I've had no side effects after 6 months on it other than easier bruising. It has the same bleeding risk of aspirin but is much more effective for clot control with AFib. Hopefully can get off it soon since I just had an ablation, but at least it's convenient to use vs the kinds that need all the monitoring and diet issues. Can't rate it 10 just because of the obvious bleeding risk issues. I'm lucky enough my insurance covered it for a $20 copay and recently that has dropped to $0 so I guess it's becoming more mainstream vs. the other meds."

flyinion (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have needed blood transfusion every 2 months , more if I want , iron My level is very low since on Eliquis"

Bksmallwood May 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Has seemed to keep a-fib occurrences down but upsets stomach sometimes. Hate having another med that I may have to take for the rest of my life."

Skylark44 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have afib and have had multiple cardioversions, ablation, and antiarrythmic drugs and cannot stay in sinus rhythm. I was on coumadin for a while but had large swings in INR despite frequent monitoring and no change in diet. I have been on Eliquis for 3 years and have had no bleeding or side effects. Other than the fact that it is expensive and must be dosed twice daily, I have no complaints whatsoever."

Radiation Oncologist May 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This is a terrible medication that shouldn't be on the market. My brother in law is fighting for his life right now. My sister (his wife) just had hip replacement and has to deal with him having a brain bleed due to this terrible medication. Pray for Robert."

worried4andersen (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I recently started Eliquis (brand) as my doctor wants to do a cardioversion in hopes of getting my heart back into a normal rhythm. You need to be on a blood thinner prior to, and after, this procedure. Because of my past experiences with side effects, I quartered a few of the 5mg tablets and took one quarter (1.25mg) on each of the first two days. On the third day, I took two 1.25mg doses of Eliquis, twelve hrs apart, for a daily total of 2.5mg. Within 30 min after taking the second 1.25 dose, I began to feel a continuous internal tremor that lasted for 5 hrs.-no pain, no external tremor, no feeling ill. I am afraid to increase the dosage to reach the prescribed 5mg x 2/daily. HAS ANYONE ELSE EXPERIENCED THIS SIDE EFFECT??"

GrammyO (taken for less than 1 month) April 27, 2017

"Rapid heart rate"

Madelaine April 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I am 61 years old. Have been in permanent Afib for approximately 6 years. I was originally put on 100mg aspirin for 18 months, then went on to Warfarin prior to an attempt at cardioversion. Heart remained in Afib so was soon after put on to Eliquis (5mg tab twice a day). I have been on this medication now for 4 years. Prior to being on Elequis, I had to inject with Clexane prior to any air travel as a precaution. Since being on Eliquis I have not had any side effects, no need for Clexane when travelling. The only precaution recommended was NOT to take any medications such as Ibroprufen for pain relief or flu and cold capsules that contain pseudoephedrine."

Very Happy Camper March 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was diagnosed with afibs about 6 years ago. Given flecinide and told to take 2 low dose aspirin. Recently the doctor told me aspirin was not sufficient to prevent a stroke. He prescribed eliquis 5mg twice a day. I have been suffering with headaches. They feel like pressure on the top of my head. In addition ,I am very tired and I don't feel as though I think as clearly. I will be seeing the doctor next week. I hope he takes me off this medication. I honestly do not feel well. I am 72 years of age."

Suefla March 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Possibly due to my flu/pneumonia, had an episode of ventrical tachycardia followed by a-fib. Had an implantable cardioverter-defibrillator (ICD). Put on beta blockers and antibiotics in hospital and monitored for several days before going home with script for Eliquis in addition to the other meds. The need for a blood thinner was debated because of very low risk factors. After 4th dose of Eliquis on the second day of being released, developed itchy red rash over much of face, neck, torso, arms, thighs and genital area. Doctor advised me to stop taking Eliquis."

Danch Clump March 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I take Eliquisat night (5mg) and wondered if anyone else has to get up to urinate 4-5 times at night. Did not see this on the side effects."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was having dizziness shortly after taking the pill. I kept taking it for almost a month when I had a fainting spell and decided I had to stop it. My doctor agreed that I should. I am an 80 year old woman just recently diagnosed with AF. I am back on 81mg aspirin. I am not diabetic or have any other maladies. I'm glad for those who it works for, I'm just not one of them."

Hemegrndma (taken for less than 1 month) January 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been taking Eliquis for about 7 months due to AF. I resisted taking Eliquis forever and insisted that aspirin was doing the job. My cardiologist was nice but firm in mentioning that I have a history of strokes on the maternal side of my family. My AF got worse after 8 years of being on Flecanaide, bp and cholestrol meds so I had a cryoablation in June of 2016. So far I have not had any bad side effects but I do have some dizziness and occasional flushing. I also have a tendency to get rashes. Has anyone had this happen? So far I've been fine and no AF so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it all works."

SKWriter (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 22, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I am an 91-year old woman with permanent atrial fibrillation on 2.5 mg twice daily. I have had no problems or side effects and eat lots of green vegetables. Very satisfied with it, have been on it for two years."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 19, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"In my 80s, A-Fib diagnosed 18 years ago. Tried all the drugs at the time to correct it including going through Cardiac-Ablation w/o anesthesia (sedation did not help much). Nothing worked. On Coumadin until 2 years go - didn't like the limitations on food intake due to Vit.K avoidance- switched to Eliquis. Very happy with it. Possibly contributes to constipation like other Rx I take, but can't blame Eliquis. No other apparent side effects. Glad to longer take 'rat poison', which my son always reminded me I'd been taking and enjoying green vegetables again."

Mainiac#2 October 21, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This Med immediately caused me to have out of controll nosebleeds and bruising. This Med is deadly, don't take it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

B in Mo. (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 29, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Much easier to use then warfarin which I was on for 5 years. The only side effect I am finding is hair loss. I checked side effects for eliquis but hair loss was not on the list. I have been on this drug since April 2016."

grandmother of 11 September 10, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Exception medicine with zero side effects."

No1boogie August 31, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I experience dizziness and poor concentration after each dose."

Side effects-dizziness August 14, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been on Eliquis for 18 months for atrial fib. I have not experienced any side effects other than I bruise more easily than before. I had a cryogenic heart ablation performed 8 months ago, followed up with heart monitoring for 2 weeks. My surgeon has released me to go off all heart medications as of today (sotolol, Eliquis)."

Ken G--that May 30, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Cardiologist put me on eliquis for A flutter about 4 months ago Have no symptoms or problems with a flutter. If they didn't tell me I had it, I wouldn't know I had it. At first I felt tired and no energy. They said that could be due to A flutter. That has gotten better. I'm 70' so it could be just my age slowing me down. I go to the gym, work with a personal trainer, and he says for my age, I am inn excellent shape. I play softball. I have no side effects of Eliquis so far. Maybe I bruise easier than before, but it goes away. Minor cuts don't seem to bleed any more than when I was on low dose aspirin. I still want to get off of it, so I am going to a cardio physicist to see if he can cure the flutter."

Jhawk123 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 18, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I am 64 with AFib. I have been taking Eliquis for 6 weeks and it is the only med I take. Side effects are heightened skin sensitivity, and retro ejaculation. Not sure about shortness of breath and exhaustion."

4527Redcar (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 6, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I'm 81yr old female was put on Eliquis 5 wks for Af and I've had Severe stomach pain. Which I've had a bad pancreas before this but my pain has increased by at least 50% and lots of short term memory loss. I'm looking at getting off this medicine because I just can't handle the stomach pain. Good luck to everyone ."

Doris Jean K February 13, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I had a brief episode of a-fib following severe pneumonia, so the docs put me on Eliquis and have insisted I stick with it despite the fact my a-fib resolved on its own two weeks after multiple failed cardioversion attempts and a course of amiodarone. Now I find myself having dark, very bloody bowel movements accompanied by severe abdominal cramping. Yuck. I have IBS, but this is different. Time to insist my docs take me off of it?"

pxinaz January 13, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"75 yrs.old very active runner and skier,suffered first AF and minor TIA in April 15 left with only slight speech impediment and some short term memory loss- put on eliquis 5 mg -no side effects at all- told to resume all my activities and return for routine blood tests in a year."

victor75 November 29, 2015