User Reviews for Eliquis

Eliquis Rating Summary

5.9/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 21 medications used in the treatment of Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation.

Reviews for Eliquis to treat Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation

"Symptoms of joint pain, fatigue, and burning skin came on gradually until it felt as if I had the flu with burning skin. Symptoms started to resolve within two days of discontinuing this drug. You couldn’t pay me to take it again."

Achenomore (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 7, 2018

"One cannot expect no reaction to this med. The “drug” is a biologic specifically made to be an antibody to the coagulation factor Xa. As many patients noted, evidence of complement activation and subsequent “leaky membrane” is apparent. At least one patient is prescient (predictive) enough to state these products should be taken off the market"

Junebug May 30, 2018

"Causes side effects confusion, slows reaction."

Tng (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 29, 2018

"Mom (88) was on this for 4 months. Had to take her to the hospital as she was exhausted and felt very ill. Found that the Eliqios gave her bleeding ulcers, and she had to be given blood transfusions because of severe blood loss, as well as drugs to help heal the ulcers. She always ate a healthy diet. Never had stomach issues before. After she went off this, her stomach healed up and she had no further problems with it. Stomach ulcers are not listed on the warnings for liquid."

Whitesands (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 16, 2018

"After successful cardioversion I started Eliquis, 5mg twice a day. I've been on Eliquis for 2 years. I have not had any episodes of a-fib in that time. I've always noticed an uneasy feeling after taking it. My appetite increases with this feeling. I believe I need drug treatment for my a-fib and Eliquis works.......but my hair has thinned sooo much. I would say 50%. I also have nosebleeds every month or so. This product WORKS but the hair loss actually makes me cry!!"

JAZ (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 21, 2018

"I was prescribed Eliquis after getting a pacemaker, and then the troubles began. Rapid water retention of 50 pounds occurred the first year. Then gout, a kidney stone and finally I could not walk 15 feet without holding on to something or sitting down. Then sleep was another problem, 3 or 4 hours a night, with stiff and painful mornings followed. My life changed from very active to almost an invalid. Doctors treated me, tested me, they all claimed nothing was wrong with me, all vitals were within normal guidelines. This is my current state and has been for over 2 years."

flattop (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 26, 2018

"After two weeks itching over most of my body. Switched from warfarin, recommended by cardiologist. Exploring Watchman implant in light of TIA. Procedure very expensive and insurance won't pay unless all other options are followed. Will this side effect continue?"

Fraziermagee (taken for less than 1 month) December 3, 2017

"At age 79 and put on Eliquis 5 days ago--I have had such bad dizziness and nausea--and because of Meniere's also, the ears ringing has been awful and added to all this. I have chronic a-fib and have two cardio-versions. I was previously on 2 baby aspirin daily. Couldn't tolerate either of the other newer meds either. Everything seems to increase my dizziness due to Meniere's and adds to nausea and even confusion and etc. So--I just told my doctor--no more of this drug. I want to stay with the 2 baby aspirin daily. No history of stroke in my family--nor have I had any. I just don't do meds well 'at all'."

snowtop 54 (taken for less than 1 month) November 6, 2017

"I have had no problems with this drug, and have experienced a lot less bruising since on this drug, as opposed to taking warfarin."

Gretchen girl October 10, 2017

"Within 5 days of taking Eliquis I have an itch rash on both sides of various parts of the body. Particularly itch at night after a couple of hours sleep. Seems to appear on same area of opposite sides of body simultaneously. Legs, upper arms, forearms, thighs, sides of stomach and chest. Also muscle spasms, legs, hips, back arms. Stop taking drug and no more muscle spasms and itching and rash clears up within a week to ten days."

Frampo September 29, 2017

"I started on Elquis for 2 weeks I did have some side effects like bleeding easily when hit, bruising the I stopped. The dr said if I didn't take it I was subject 2 a stroke. He convinced me. I had been off of it for about a month, cause I just stopped it. Well I'm now back on it and have no side effects at all. GO FIGURE"

pleased (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 4, 2017

"The following problems occur when taking Eliquis: First I want to mention that I am also on Sotalol since 2008 (taken alone no side effects) 80mg am and 40mg pm. It seems as if most drugs that i try out have an effect on the Sotalol although the register says that there is no inteaction between those drugs. Beside it runs in the family that most of us (3) have a problem with almost any drug Eliquis: headache, restless heartbeat, perspiring, dizziness and physical instability, general weakness and shaky legs,etc. Generally unhappy"

migsie (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 18, 2017

"44yo male prescribed after a second incident of paroxysmal AFib, was on low dose aspirin prior. I've had no side effects after 6 months on it other than easier bruising. It has the same bleeding risk of aspirin but is much more effective for clot control with AFib. Hopefully can get off it soon since I just had an ablation, but at least it's convenient to use vs the kinds that need all the monitoring and diet issues. Can't rate it 10 just because of the obvious bleeding risk issues. I'm lucky enough my insurance covered it for a $20 copay and recently that has dropped to $0 so I guess it's becoming more mainstream vs. the other meds."

flyinion (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 20, 2017

"I have needed blood transfusion every 2 months , more if I want , iron My level is very low since on Eliquis"

Bksmallwood May 23, 2017

"Has seemed to keep a-fib occurrences down but upsets stomach sometimes. Hate having another med that I may have to take for the rest of my life."

Skylark44 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 22, 2017

"I have afib and have had multiple cardioversions, ablation, and antiarrythmic drugs and cannot stay in sinus rhythm. I was on coumadin for a while but had large swings in INR despite frequent monitoring and no change in diet. I have been on Eliquis for 3 years and have had no bleeding or side effects. Other than the fact that it is expensive and must be dosed twice daily, I have no complaints whatsoever."

Radiation Oncologist May 12, 2017

"This is a terrible medication that shouldn't be on the market. My brother in law is fighting for his life right now. My sister (his wife) just had hip replacement and has to deal with him having a brain bleed due to this terrible medication. Pray for Robert."

worried4andersen (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 10, 2017

"I recently started Eliquis (brand) as my doctor wants to do a cardioversion in hopes of getting my heart back into a normal rhythm. You need to be on a blood thinner prior to, and after, this procedure. Because of my past experiences with side effects, I quartered a few of the 5mg tablets and took one quarter (1.25mg) on each of the first two days. On the third day, I took two 1.25mg doses of Eliquis, twelve hrs apart, for a daily total of 2.5mg. Within 30 min after taking the second 1.25 dose, I began to feel a continuous internal tremor that lasted for 5 hrs.-no pain, no external tremor, no feeling ill. I am afraid to increase the dosage to reach the prescribed 5mg x 2/daily. HAS ANYONE ELSE EXPERIENCED THIS SIDE EFFECT??"

GrammyO (taken for less than 1 month) April 27, 2017

"Rapid heart rate"

Madelaine April 13, 2017

"I am 61 years old. Have been in permanent Afib for approximately 6 years. I was originally put on 100mg aspirin for 18 months, then went on to Warfarin prior to an attempt at cardioversion. Heart remained in Afib so was soon after put on to Eliquis (5mg tab twice a day). I have been on this medication now for 4 years. Prior to being on Elequis, I had to inject with Clexane prior to any air travel as a precaution. Since being on Eliquis I have not had any side effects, no need for Clexane when travelling. The only precaution recommended was NOT to take any medications such as Ibroprufen for pain relief or flu and cold capsules that contain pseudoephedrine."

Very Happy Camper March 26, 2017

"I was diagnosed with afibs about 6 years ago. Given flecinide and told to take 2 low dose aspirin. Recently the doctor told me aspirin was not sufficient to prevent a stroke. He prescribed eliquis 5mg twice a day. I have been suffering with headaches. They feel like pressure on the top of my head. In addition ,I am very tired and I don't feel as though I think as clearly. I will be seeing the doctor next week. I hope he takes me off this medication. I honestly do not feel well. I am 72 years of age."

Suefla March 10, 2017

"Possibly due to my flu/pneumonia, had an episode of ventrical tachycardia followed by a-fib. Had an implantable cardioverter-defibrillator (ICD). Put on beta blockers and antibiotics in hospital and monitored for several days before going home with script for Eliquis in addition to the other meds. The need for a blood thinner was debated because of very low risk factors. After 4th dose of Eliquis on the second day of being released, developed itchy red rash over much of face, neck, torso, arms, thighs and genital area. Doctor advised me to stop taking Eliquis."

Danch Clump March 7, 2017

"I take Eliquisat night (5mg) and wondered if anyone else has to get up to urinate 4-5 times at night. Did not see this on the side effects."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 28, 2017

"I was having dizziness shortly after taking the pill. I kept taking it for almost a month when I had a fainting spell and decided I had to stop it. My doctor agreed that I should. I am an 80 year old woman just recently diagnosed with AF. I am back on 81mg aspirin. I am not diabetic or have any other maladies. I'm glad for those who it works for, I'm just not one of them."

Hemegrndma (taken for less than 1 month) January 12, 2017

"I have been taking Eliquis for about 7 months due to AF. I resisted taking Eliquis forever and insisted that aspirin was doing the job. My cardiologist was nice but firm in mentioning that I have a history of strokes on the maternal side of my family. My AF got worse after 8 years of being on Flecanaide, bp and cholestrol meds so I had a cryoablation in June of 2016. So far I have not had any bad side effects but I do have some dizziness and occasional flushing. I also have a tendency to get rashes. Has anyone had this happen? So far I've been fine and no AF so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it all works."

SKWriter (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 22, 2016