User Reviews for Dabigatran

Also known as: Pradaxa

Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation 7.3
Deep Vein Thrombosis 7.0
Pulmonary Embolism 7.0
Deep Vein Thrombosis/Pulmonary Embolism Prophylaxis Following Hip Replacement Surgery 5.0
Deep Vein Thrombosis, Prophylaxis 2.0
Summary of Dabigatran reviews 7.2 86 reviews

Reviews for Dabigatran

Wammy · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 23, 2020

Pradaxa (dabigatran) for Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation: “To Maorigurl Try taking pradaxa just before last few mouthfuls of your dinner. Also I have found that green tea and Oranges seems to react with this drug”

Grew · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 21, 2020

Pradaxa (dabigatran) for Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation: “I have been on Pradaxa for about 6 weeks now after taking warfarin for almost a decade. It has been a rough transition. Upset stomach, abdominal pain and cramps, extreme nausea (I haven't been able to eat much), and diarrhea. These side effects have decreased significantly over the weeks, but I'm still struggling. I'm holding out hope that this drug will work out for me but at this point I'm not convinced at all. I've literally lost 20 pounds in 4 weeks and am fairly miserable on most days.”

Maorigurl · Taken for less than 1 month May 18, 2020

Pradaxa (dabigatran) for Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation: “I have been taking this Pradaxa pill for a week. The last few nights have been having bad reflux does anyone have any ideas that may help please”

grammy. · Taken for 5 to 10 years May 14, 2020

Pradaxa (dabigatran) for Pulmonary Embolism: “I have a difficult time getting the lid off the bottle. I had to use a Monkeywrench to remove the lid. Please take note and fix this. I could not take my a:m: because of it. I have been on Pradaxa since 2015. Please make it a little easier to open.”

JMcW · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 9, 2020

Pradaxa (dabigatran) for Deep Vein Thrombosis: “I have a Factor V Leiden gene that makes me more susceptible to blood clotting, After having multiple DVT's in my leg, I was put on Coumadin. After a year Coumadin was causing random large bruises at random places. I switched to Pradaxa a year ago and could not be happier. No Bruising at all, no nose bleeds either. Cuts do bleed a while, but not like they did with coumadin. Not having to monitor my intake of Greens and not having to get constant blood tests are so nice. If you are on Coumadin, switch to Pradaxa NOW. (I take my pradaxa with my meal and do not have heart burn)”

PA · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 12, 2019

Pradaxa (dabigatran) for Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation: “Just so you know there is an antidote for Pradaxa (Praxbind)”

Country · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 21, 2019

Pradaxa (dabigatran) for Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation: “I have been taking Pradaxa over a year now. I am happy to say I have not noticed any side effects. I am frustrated because due to taking this type of medication I can't take anti inflammatory drugs. Not even CBD oil. I have fibromyalgia and it has been a real problem.”

NK4 · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 9, 2019

Pradaxa (dabigatran) for Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation: “Taken Pradaxa, 2 per day for 4 years +. The acid reflux issue I solved by taking Pradaxa before 7PM (never after). Also take it with food/glass of milk. Switched by cardiologist now to Eliquis due to kidney function problems with Pradaxa. Apparently Pradaxa is not good for kidneys.”

4 Upton · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 26, 2018

Pradaxa (dabigatran) for Deep Vein Thrombosis/Pulmonary Embolism Prophylaxis Following Hip Replacement Surgery: “I was on two 110mg Pradaxa a day post hip replacement. I have suffered cramps and severe swelling from my diaphragm to my groin, the cramps very like bad period pains. I had rectal bleeding (fresh blood) of varying intensity every day I took the capsules, nose bleeds every morning. I did not know that it could cause stomach bleeding but since it felt just like the internal bleeding I had years ago on iron tablets, had I been warned I would have contacted the hospital. I guess I was lucky that it got no worse. Scary. Glad I'm off this drug now.”

Grampa · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 22, 2018

Pradaxa (dabigatran) for Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation: “We live in the wine country , and I developed severe AV fib after the fires. I was put on Pradaxa 150 mg bid. I was told to take it with meals and often was too much time between breakfast and dinner. So I have been taking it at 6/6:30 am and pm. Recently, I started having loose stools and sometimes have to limit our local travel. Our diet hasn't changed except minimal outside grilling the cold weather since Dec/January. My wife prepares and cooks the Med diet with me a little heavy into the Paleo side. This evening, I will go back to taking it right before/with meals. BP and Pulse rate are good with a low dose daily beta blocker. Still not able to walk quickly up our local hill as I was before the AV episode. The loose stools started after 3 months on the drug and a new RX of the brand name.”

Termites · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 26, 2017

For Deep Vein Thrombosis, Prophylaxis: “Dabigatran makes you bleed under the skin, theses blood spot can be large and cover your arms. There is now an antidote for bleeding caused by dabigatran.”

fizz123 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 5, 2017

Pradaxa (dabigatran) for Pulmonary Embolism: “I have been taking Pradaxa for around six months now with no problems. I just hate the packaging. It is very hard to open, it hurts my fingers, and its inefficient. Some days I feel like I can't take my medicine. It should not have to feel like a hassle...especially if I have to be on this medication for the rest of my life.”

VBguy · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 17, 2017

Pradaxa (dabigatran) for Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation: “Greatly prefer pradaxa to coumadin, primarily because of lack of restrictions of eating as much Vitamin K containing healthy greens as I can. Have been taking for several years (I am in my late 60's), and find that the only time I get acid reflux (which can be very painful) is if I forget to take my evening dose and end up taking it as I am already sitting/lying in bed. Drinking a glass of water with the pill, or eating something with the pill, even just a snack, and not lying down or sitting in bed reading right after taking the "missed" pill in the late evening seems to prevent the acid reflux completely - I almost feel as if the pill isn't being swallowed completely, thus causing the reflux, when I take it sitting/lying in bed.”

OldMoose2 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 11, 2017

Pradaxa (dabigatran) for Deep Vein Thrombosis: “I'd have to say that I'm of a mixed opinion on Pradaxa. While I know that a blood thinner is necessary in my life, given my current condition, the downside to any of them is frustrating. Pradaxa's downsides seem to be fairly minimal and as a result is the drug I've chosen. I really like the ability to reverse the effects with a single dose of a counter drug. Where I've run into problems with it is primarily digestive. The acidic nature of the med has caused some stomach upset but more significantly diarrhea, loose stools and leakage. This has led to abrasion bleeding externally and problems with cleanliness. Recently, my doctor recommended omeprazole to counter this effect and it appears to be working adequately.”

Sabalo · Taken for less than 1 month June 14, 2017

Pradaxa (dabigatran) for Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation: “First time user”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month April 30, 2017

Pradaxa (dabigatran) for Pulmonary Embolism: “I'm on anti-coagulants permanently, previously on Warfarin without symptoms for three years before trying Pradaxa. I have chronic gastritis, GORD, plus average 2-3 episodes of intestinal tract infections per year due to diverticulosis. I tried Pradaxa 110mg twice daily for two weeks with bad symptoms developing after three days and becoming progressively worse. Feeling unwell, tired, acid reflux, indigestion, upper abdominal ache and pain, bloating, belching, farting, diarrhoea, loose stools, and lastly, constipation in a person who has always been as regular as clockwork. I took Pradaxa with food and 500mls of water and 20ml of antacid. Bad move. Back to Warfarin.”

lucySomm March 28, 2017

Pradaxa (dabigatran) for Deep Vein Thrombosis, Prophylaxis: “This drug had an very unpleasant side effect noticeable four days after my operation for a total hip replacement. First I had burning in the esophagus and stomach, followed by soreness around my mouth and lips, then burning spread to my back from my stomach. Six days after the operation, I went out to eat, put an olive into my mouth - the experience was like throwing a match into a lighted fire. Literally, my esophagus felt like it was on fire. Doctor recommended taking Omeprazole. Four days later, it was making no difference, I was being kept awake half the night with the burning. I told my doctor I must stop Pradaxa (Dabagitran) - she prescribed Apixaban instead. Burning reduced 1 day later, still sore inside, hope nothing lasting”

Jesse's girl · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 9, 2017

Pradaxa (dabigatran) for Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation: “Started December 2016, afib caused by thyroid. Lethargic, painful muscles and joints like I have the flu, swelling/bloated all over, indigestion enough to be hospitalized...over all not great...wish I didn't have to take it!”

Albe · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 4, 2017

Pradaxa (dabigatran) for Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation: “I've been on this for 1 yr and helps with my a-fib but now I am having pain in joints [shoulder] and also feel bloated, but all in all works well”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 11, 2017

Pradaxa (dabigatran) for Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation: “Not really diarrhea, but a little fecal leakage at times. Loose stools a lot.”

reb85 November 17, 2016

Pradaxa (dabigatran) for Deep Vein Thrombosis: “There is an important bit of misinformation presented by several of these commenters. The effects of both Pradaxa and Coumidin are reversible. Those of Xaralta and Eliquis are not. It seems like the issues with heartburn/acid reflux are minimized by either drinking lots of liquid with the pill or eating some food and then taking an anti-acid within the hour.”

Cottage15789 November 1, 2016

Pradaxa (dabigatran) for Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation: “Joint pains Shortness of breath”

Thiagarajan TC tcrajugmail.co · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 22, 2016

Pradaxa (dabigatran) for Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation: “Good , does it induce weight gain”

Quadia · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 23, 2016

Pradaxa (dabigatran) for Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation: “When I first started taking Pradaxa, I experienced acid reflux. Since I was on other medications as well, most notably a "water pill," I had to experiment to be sure it was the Pradaxa. I've found that if I eat something.... even a snack or a square of cheese, it doesn't have to be a meal ... before taking Pradaxa, I don't have the acid reflux.”

SLEEPYGUY March 6, 2016

Pradaxa (dabigatran) for Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation: “Have been taking pradaxa for over 2 years. Only problems were bleeding when had teeth pulled. This was attended to. To resolve my acid reflux I make sure I drink water after I take the pills. This corrected this for me. I take 2 pills a day.”