User Reviews for Apixaban

Also known as: Eliquis

Learn more about Apixaban.

Pulmonary Embolism 3 reviews 15 medications

Deep Vein Thrombosis 4 reviews 19 medications

Prevention of Thromb...ial Fibrillation 22 reviews 40 medications

5.8
Deep Vein Thrombosis, Prophylaxis 1 reviews 15 medications

Summary of Apixaban reviews 30 reviews 6.4

Reviews for Apixaban

Eliquis (apixaban) for Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation: "I am an 91-year old woman with permanent atrial fibrillation on 2.5 mg twice daily. I have had no problems or side effects and eat lots of green vegetables. Very satisfied with it, have been on it for two years."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 19, 2016

Eliquis (apixaban) for Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation: "In my 80s, A-Fib diagnosed 18 years ago. Tried all the drugs at the time to correct it including going through Cardiac-Ablation w/o anesthesia (sedation did not help much). Nothing worked. On Coumadin until 2 years go - didn't like the limitations on food intake due to Vit.K avoidance- switched to Eliquis. Very happy with it. Possibly contributes to constipation like other Rx I take, but can't blame Eliquis. No other apparent side effects. Glad to longer take 'rat poison', which my son always reminded me I'd been taking and enjoying green vegetables again."

Mainiac#2 October 21, 2016

Eliquis (apixaban) for Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation: "This Med immediately caused me to have out of controll nosebleeds and bruising. This Med is deadly, don't take it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

B in Mo. (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 29, 2016

Eliquis (apixaban) for Deep Vein Thrombosis: "38 years old. Take blood thinners as prevention of blood clots due to clotting disorder. I've experienced on again, off again dizziness and wooziness during the day. Will need to talk with my doctor about this."

Hsteele (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 20, 2016

Eliquis (apixaban) for Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation: "Much easier to use then warfarin which I was on for 5 years. The only side effect I am finding is hair loss. I checked side effects for eliquis but hair loss was not on the list. I have been on this drug since April 2016."

grandmother of 11 September 10, 2016

Eliquis (apixaban) for Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation: "Exception medicine with zero side effects."

No1boogie August 31, 2016

Eliquis (apixaban) for Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation: "I experience dizziness and poor concentration after each dose."

Side effects-dizziness August 14, 2016

For Pulmonary Embolism: "Tried warfarin and couldn't get inr levels right so lots of blood tests and doctors visits, then tried riveroxiban and was nauseous the whole time. Apixaban has been problem free since day one and I'very nearly been taking it for 6 months now!"

bagpuss37 July 17, 2016

Eliquis (apixaban) for Deep Vein Thrombosis, Prophylaxis: "I am 30 years old and was placed on eliquis 5mg twice daily after a venogram with stenting in my left groin. Since I've been on eliquis, it's done it's job as far as thinning m blood, but I've also had some really nasty side effects from it. I have been bleeding vaginally for 16 days (was on my period when I started the medication and haven't stopped bleeding), I am diabetic and take multiple injections daily so I look like someone has beat me up, I'm constantly nauseated, have no appetite, no energy, heart palpitations at times, cold all the time, night sweats, and pink tinged urine. I'm waiting on a call back from the Dr to see about lowering the dose or change going the medication all together."

Sick to my stomach July 7, 2016

Eliquis (apixaban) for Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation: "I have been on Eliquis for 18 months for atrial fib. I have not experienced any side effects other than I bruise more easily than before. I had a cryogenic heart ablation performed 8 months ago, followed up with heart monitoring for 2 weeks. My surgeon has released me to go off all heart medications as of today (sotolol, Eliquis)."

Ken G--that May 30, 2016

Eliquis (apixaban) for Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation: "Cardiologist put me on eliquis for A flutter about 4 months ago Have no symptoms or problems with a flutter. If they didn't tell me I had it, I wouldn't know I had it. At first I felt tired and no energy. They said that could be due to A flutter. That has gotten better. I'm 70' so it could be just my age slowing me down. I go to the gym, work with a personal trainer, and he says for my age, I am inn excellent shape. I play softball. I have no side effects of Eliquis so far. Maybe I bruise easier than before, but it goes away. Minor cuts don't seem to bleed any more than when I was on low dose aspirin. I still want to get off of it, so I am going to a cardio physicist to see if he can cure the flutter."

Jhawk123 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 18, 2016

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation: "Extreme tiredness, muscle ache in shoulder joints and lower back, upper chesty cough, dizziness and general feeling unwell."

Anonymous May 7, 2016

Eliquis (apixaban) for Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation: "I am 64 with AFib. I have been taking Eliquis for 6 weeks and it is the only med I take. Side effects are heightened skin sensitivity, and retro ejaculation. Not sure about shortness of breath and exhaustion."

4527Redcar (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 6, 2016

Eliquis (apixaban) for Pulmonary Embolism: "My experience with Eliquis was AMAZING! I had no side effects whatsoever. I switched to Eliquis from Xarelto. On Xarelto, after 3 weeks I was in so much pain from head to toe, a deep arthritis type of pain and such severely deep menstruation even though I had started menopause 6 months before starting on Xarelto. I'm so thankful for Eliquis!"

Pat Woods 1900 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 23, 2016

Eliquis (apixaban) for Deep Vein Thrombosis: "I'm 21. Despite being active managed to get a DVT in last weeks of pregnancy. Was on fragmin injections then was swapped to this tablet 5mg twice a day. Not noticed any physical changes to my affected leg swelling is still apparent. Feel dizzy and on the verge of fainting more than three times a day..thats the side effect I have had."

jjileshashay (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 23, 2016

Eliquis (apixaban) for Pulmonary Embolism: "I have been on Eliquis 5 months for a saddle pulmonary Embolism in November, unable to breath, chest pressure, exhaustion and was treated finally by Eliquis. However after three and a half months I have been loosing hair at a rapid rate. Feeling better however the hair loss and swollen legs and insomnia are extremely disheartening and scary. I hope I will get my hair back after treatment and legs will not swell any longer. Hoping someone else has the same experience and can offer me consolation. thank you"

DorothyR27 March 4, 2016

Eliquis (apixaban) for Deep Vein Thrombosis: "Young user (27 years of age), second DVT. Highly active. No apparent side effects."

bObb8 February 25, 2016

Eliquis (apixaban) for Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation: "I'm 81yr old female was put on Eliquis 5 wks for Af and I've had Severe stomach pain. Which I've had a bad pancreas before this but my pain has increased by at least 50% and lots of short term memory loss. I'm looking at getting off this medicine because I just can't handle the stomach pain. Good luck to everyone ."

Doris Jean K February 13, 2016

Eliquis (apixaban) for Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation: "I had a brief episode of a-fib following severe pneumonia, so the docs put me on Eliquis and have insisted I stick with it despite the fact my a-fib resolved on its own two weeks after multiple failed cardioversion attempts and a course of amiodarone. Now I find myself having dark, very bloody bowel movements accompanied by severe abdominal cramping. Yuck. I have IBS, but this is different. Time to insist my docs take me off of it?"

pxinaz January 13, 2016

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation: "My 93 year old mother has had 2 respiratory problems in 3 months which required hospitalisation, firstly for 8 days because of a heart attack/atrial fibulation event and secondly for 3 days with more respiratory problems which were eventually diagnosed as being due to a Urinary Tract infection. During this second period she was put on APIXABAN 2.5 mg twice a day. She was discharged before any was administered by the hospital; I was given it and we started the next morning. She was in good shape when she left the hospital but steadily started to decline to the point where she was badly confused, incapable of walking, her speech was almost unintelligible, and her appetite has disappeared totally. She will not eat at all now"

Borivs Klingon (junior) (taken for less than 1 month) December 23, 2015

Eliquis (apixaban) for Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation: "75 yrs.old very active runner and skier,suffered first AF and minor TIA in April 15 left with only slight speech impediment and some short term memory loss- put on eliquis 5 mg -no side effects at all- told to resume all my activities and return for routine blood tests in a year."

victor75 November 29, 2015

Eliquis (apixaban) for Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation: "No problems with it. Glad I don't need to do monthly blood tests like coumarin. I had to go off pain medication for arthritis due to risk of bleeding so that is a problem."

Edwina 789 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 15, 2015

Eliquis (apixaban) for Deep Vein Thrombosis: "I am experiencing significant pain/aching in my lower back from this drug."

Dave66 October 30, 2015

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation: "I was prescribed this drug after my third stroke ,after one week I found severe joint pains, knee, elbows, shoulder, after another week the aches spread wrist, ankle and spine.I stopped taking it but after a further two weeks my symptoms persist."

easypcmedic August 26, 2015

Eliquis (apixaban) for Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation: "i have AF Was on Aspirin Doctor wanted me on Warfarin Tried it, my AF came back, after six weeks and lots of blood tests my INR rate was still 1, knowing some of the worst case side effects I was not happy to be on it. On Aspirin I had a life On Warfarin, warfarin took over my life Could not drink or eat certain foods Could not take anti inflamatories (for Rhu Arthritis, taken as and when required, not regularly) Worry about cranial bleeds brought on by taking Warfarin Too much worry Complained to the Dr that she had not explained the alternatives properly to me Was put on Apixaban at my request Also as a back up was put on a Betablocker, as advised by a Dr in A and E after a scary AF attack Now three months on Apixaban and life is good"

Babcha June 17, 2015