User Reviews for Apixaban

Also known as: Eliquis

Learn more about Apixaban.

Pulmonary Embolism 7 reviews 15 medications

Deep Vein Thrombosis, Prophylaxis 2 reviews 15 medications

Thromboembolic Stroke Prophylaxis 1 reviews 62 medications

Summary of Apixaban reviews 58 reviews 4.9

Reviews for Apixaban

Eliquis (apixaban) for Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation: "I have had no problems with this drug, and have experienced a lot less bruising since on this drug, as opposed to taking warfarin."

Gretchen girl October 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Eliquis (apixaban) for Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation: "Within 5 days of taking Eliquis I have an itch rash on both sides of various parts of the body. Particularly itch at night after a couple of hours sleep. Seems to appear on same area of opposite sides of body simultaneously. Legs, upper arms, forearms, thighs, sides of stomach and chest. Also muscle spasms, legs, hips, back arms. Stop taking drug and no more muscle spasms and itching and rash clears up within a week to ten days."

Frampo September 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Eliquis (apixaban) for Deep Vein Thrombosis, Prophylaxis: "Anyone who takes this drug should have their head examined. I plan to file a lawsuit for what this medicine did to me. Nausea, headache, bruising, stiff painful joints, bleeding and fatigue. You name it this drug will do it to you. I quit this drug and any doctor who suggests taking it again will get dismissed by me"

Septson9 September 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Eliquis (apixaban) for Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation: "I started on Elquis for 2 weeks I did have some side effects like bleeding easily when hit, bruising the I stopped. The dr said if I didn't take it I was subject 2 a stroke. He convinced me. I had been off of it for about a month, cause I just stopped it. Well I'm now back on it and have no side effects at all. GO FIGURE"

pleased (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Eliquis (apixaban) for Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation: "The following problems occur when taking Eliquis: First I want to mention that I am also on Sotalol since 2008 (taken alone no side effects) 80mg am and 40mg pm. It seems as if most drugs that i try out have an effect on the Sotalol although the register says that there is no inteaction between those drugs. Beside it runs in the family that most of us (3) have a problem with almost any drug Eliquis: headache, restless heartbeat, perspiring, dizziness and physical instability, general weakness and shaky legs,etc. Generally unhappy"

migsie (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Eliquis (apixaban) for Thromboembolic Stroke Prophylaxis: "My 83 yo father was in danger of losing his life. Has Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (ICD), stomach problems and prostate cancer in past. He had developed a Blood clot behind ICD. He deteriorated within 3 days of taking this drug, couldn't walk and bleeding out through back passage, kidneys and we don't know where else as still waiting for test results. His lactate levels 7.3 on admittance to hospital; a sustained 5 has a survival rate of only 11% so dad lucky thus far. He has received 4 units of blood, oxygen, saline solution to try to flush it out. This medication must be administered with caution, looking at previous conditions and closely monitored. My dad deteriorated within 72 of starting it. The external symptoms are: listlessness, waxy skin, breathing difficulties, paralysis of lower limbs."

Liz71 (taken for less than 1 month) June 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Eliquis (apixaban) for Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation: "44yo male prescribed after a second incident of paroxysmal AFib, was on low dose aspirin prior. I've had no side effects after 6 months on it other than easier bruising. It has the same bleeding risk of aspirin but is much more effective for clot control with AFib. Hopefully can get off it soon since I just had an ablation, but at least it's convenient to use vs the kinds that need all the monitoring and diet issues. Can't rate it 10 just because of the obvious bleeding risk issues. I'm lucky enough my insurance covered it for a $20 copay and recently that has dropped to $0 so I guess it's becoming more mainstream vs. the other meds."

flyinion (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Eliquis (apixaban) for Deep Vein Thrombosis: "I don't see any difference than when I was taking low dose aspirin, except the cost."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Eliquis (apixaban) for Deep Vein Thrombosis: "My blood sugar has gone up since starting eliquis. Has anyone else suffered this rise in sugar levels"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Eliquis (apixaban) for Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation: "I have needed blood transfusion every 2 months , more if I want , iron My level is very low since on Eliquis"

Bksmallwood May 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Eliquis (apixaban) for Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation: "Has seemed to keep a-fib occurrences down but upsets stomach sometimes. Hate having another med that I may have to take for the rest of my life."

Skylark44 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Eliquis (apixaban) for Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation: "I have afib and have had multiple cardioversions, ablation, and antiarrythmic drugs and cannot stay in sinus rhythm. I was on coumadin for a while but had large swings in INR despite frequent monitoring and no change in diet. I have been on Eliquis for 3 years and have had no bleeding or side effects. Other than the fact that it is expensive and must be dosed twice daily, I have no complaints whatsoever."

Radiation Oncologist May 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Eliquis (apixaban) for Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation: "This is a terrible medication that shouldn't be on the market. My brother in law is fighting for his life right now. My sister (his wife) just had hip replacement and has to deal with him having a brain bleed due to this terrible medication. Pray for Robert."

worried4andersen (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Eliquis (apixaban) for Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation: "I recently started Eliquis (brand) as my doctor wants to do a cardioversion in hopes of getting my heart back into a normal rhythm. You need to be on a blood thinner prior to, and after, this procedure. Because of my past experiences with side effects, I quartered a few of the 5mg tablets and took one quarter (1.25mg) on each of the first two days. On the third day, I took two 1.25mg doses of Eliquis, twelve hrs apart, for a daily total of 2.5mg. Within 30 min after taking the second 1.25 dose, I began to feel a continuous internal tremor that lasted for 5 hrs.-no pain, no external tremor, no feeling ill. I am afraid to increase the dosage to reach the prescribed 5mg x 2/daily. HAS ANYONE ELSE EXPERIENCED THIS SIDE EFFECT??"

GrammyO (taken for less than 1 month) April 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For : "Was on warfarin for 20 years. Have had major complications from it. Got changed to clexane injections twice a day. ( yay no INR monitoring ). But was recently changed over to apixaban. Zero side effects changing over.. but I'm a few months in now and OMG the hair loss is crazy."

Brook is (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Eliquis (apixaban) for Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation: "Rapid heart rate"

Madelaine April 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Eliquis (apixaban) for Deep Vein Thrombosis: "This drug is dangerous. After a DVT, I was placed on the drug 5mg. twice a day. After a week my colon stated to feel funny. A couple days later I developed significant rectal bleeding. Went to ER where they diagnosed it was due to the Eliquis. Stopped the drug and bleeding stoped within two days. I am now on 10mg Xarelto once a day. No bleeding after seven days. Have a friend that is now in intensive care with a brain bleed. He was also on Eliquis for atrial fibrillation. Had been on the drug for four months. His started with minor headaches. FDA has it listed as a Black Box which means it could be fatal. Non of this was told to me at the ER for my DVT."

Surfer 65 April 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Eliquis (apixaban) for Pulmonary Embolism: "Very expensive, leaves large bruises on my skin from small bumps, I also had pretty thick hair, loss of hair since starting eliquis"

Botchie April 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Eliquis (apixaban) for Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation: "I am 61 years old. Have been in permanent Afib for approximately 6 years. I was originally put on 100mg aspirin for 18 months, then went on to Warfarin prior to an attempt at cardioversion. Heart remained in Afib so was soon after put on to Eliquis (5mg tab twice a day). I have been on this medication now for 4 years. Prior to being on Elequis, I had to inject with Clexane prior to any air travel as a precaution. Since being on Eliquis I have not had any side effects, no need for Clexane when travelling. The only precaution recommended was NOT to take any medications such as Ibroprufen for pain relief or flu and cold capsules that contain pseudoephedrine."

Very Happy Camper March 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Eliquis (apixaban) for Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation: "I was diagnosed with afibs about 6 years ago. Given flecinide and told to take 2 low dose aspirin. Recently the doctor told me aspirin was not sufficient to prevent a stroke. He prescribed eliquis 5mg twice a day. I have been suffering with headaches. They feel like pressure on the top of my head. In addition ,I am very tired and I don't feel as though I think as clearly. I will be seeing the doctor next week. I hope he takes me off this medication. I honestly do not feel well. I am 72 years of age."

Suefla March 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Eliquis (apixaban) for Pulmonary Embolism: "I was 23 when I developed my first DVT and was instantly put on Xarelto. Being low risk, I was told to go on with normal activity. Xarelto left me feeling exhausted after minimal activity. Two days later, my DVT moved through my heart, into my lungs causing a PE. I was put on Heparin while in the hospital. Left the hospital a few days later and resumed Xarelto with the continued awful side effects. I continued to experience chest pain, shortness of breath, and extreme exhaustion. My doctor thought I was having a reaction to the medicine so they switched me to Eliquis. Since then, I have had zero side effects. I have my life back for once. Love that you don't need to have your INR checked, and foods don't counteract the drug."

KR2017 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Eliquis (apixaban) for Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation: "Possibly due to my flu/pneumonia, had an episode of ventrical tachycardia followed by a-fib. Had an implantable cardioverter-defibrillator (ICD). Put on beta blockers and antibiotics in hospital and monitored for several days before going home with script for Eliquis in addition to the other meds. The need for a blood thinner was debated because of very low risk factors. After 4th dose of Eliquis on the second day of being released, developed itchy red rash over much of face, neck, torso, arms, thighs and genital area. Doctor advised me to stop taking Eliquis."

Danch Clump March 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pulmonary Embolism: "Multiple Bilateral P.E's at the age of 33. Needed a medicine for life. Tried clexene, couldn't face a needle daily that would create scar tissue beneath the surface. Warfarin was impractical due to weekly Dr. Visits to check INR, coupled with my yo yo ing INR. Having to duck out of work for weekly bloods was a pain. Rivoroxyban was next in the list, hair loss kicked in 3 months in. I also read an article highlighting the fact that people suffer for taking it at the rate of one life a week. I have settled for the last option available - Apixaban. 3 months in, hair loss returns. It's due to the blood not reaching the hair follicles apparently? This creates a really dry scalp and hair loss. Still it keeps me alive."

Justin (uk) (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Eliquis (apixaban) for Deep Vein Thrombosis: "My dad died from this. We are suing them he was 48. He had a catastrophic brain bleed . Don't take it"

Jerrys daugther (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Eliquis (apixaban) for Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation: "I take Eliquisat night (5mg) and wondered if anyone else has to get up to urinate 4-5 times at night. Did not see this on the side effects."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 28, 2017