User Reviews for Pradaxa

Learn more about Pradaxa.

Prevention of Thromb...ial Fibrillation 62 reviews 40 medications

7.4
Deep Vein Thrombosis 5 reviews 19 medications

6.8
Pulmonary Embolism 1 reviews 15 medications

Deep Vein Thrombosis, Prophylaxis 1 reviews 15 medications

Summary of Pradaxa reviews 69 reviews 4.8

Reviews for Pradaxa

For Pulmonary Embolism "I'm on anti-coagulants permanently, previously on Warfarin without symptoms for three years before trying Pradaxa. I have chronic gastritis, GORD, plus average 2-3 episodes of intestinal tract infections per year due to diverticulosis. I tried Pradaxa 110mg twice daily for two weeks with bad symptoms developing after three days and becoming progressively worse. Feeling unwell, tired, acid reflux, indigestion, upper abdominal ache and pain, bloating, belching, farting, diarrhoea, loose stools, and lastly, constipation in a person who has always been as regular as clockwork. I took Pradaxa with food and 500mls of water and 20ml of antacid. Bad move. Back to Warfarin."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 30, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Deep Vein Thrombosis, Prophylaxis "This drug had an very unpleasant side effect noticeable four days after my operation for a total hip replacement. First I had burning in the esophagus and stomach, followed by soreness around my mouth and lips, then burning spread to my back from my stomach. Six days after the operation, I went out to eat, put an olive into my mouth - the experience was like throwing a match into a lighted fire. Literally, my esophagus felt like it was on fire. Doctor recommended taking Omeprazole. Four days later, it was making no difference, I was being kept awake half the night with the burning. I told my doctor I must stop Pradaxa (Dabagitran) - she prescribed Apixaban instead. Burning reduced 1 day later, still sore inside, hope nothing lasting"

lucySomm March 28, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation "Started December 2016, afib caused by thyroid. Lethargic, painful muscles and joints like I have the flu, swelling/bloated all over, indigestion enough to be hospitalized...over all not great...wish I didn't have to take it!"

Jesse's girl (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 9, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation "I've been on this for 1 yr and helps with my a-fib but now I am having pain in joints [shoulder] and also feel bloated, but all in all works well"

Albe (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 4, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation "Not really diarrhea, but a little fecal leakage at times. Loose stools a lot."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 11, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Deep Vein Thrombosis "There is an important bit of misinformation presented by several of these commenters. The effects of both Pradaxa and Coumidin are reversible. Those of Xaralta and Eliquis are not. It seems like the issues with heartburn/acid reflux are minimized by either drinking lots of liquid with the pill or eating some food and then taking an anti-acid within the hour."

reb85 November 17, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation "Joint pains Shortness of breath"

Cottage15789 November 1, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation "Good , does it induce weight gain"

Thiagarajan TC tcrajugmail.co (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 22, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation "When I first started taking Pradaxa, I experienced acid reflux. Since I was on other medications as well, most notably a "water pill," I had to experiment to be sure it was the Pradaxa. I've found that if I eat something.... even a snack or a square of cheese, it doesn't have to be a meal ... before taking Pradaxa, I don't have the acid reflux."

Quadia (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 23, 2016

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation "Have been taking pradaxa for over 2 years. Only problems were bleeding when had teeth pulled. This was attended to. To resolve my acid reflux I make sure I drink water after I take the pills. This corrected this for me. I take 2 pills a day."

SLEEPYGUY March 6, 2016

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Deep Vein Thrombosis "I have taken Pradaxa for 6 months and have started having severe back pain in the lower back and also in the hipbones. Stopped taking it AMA and the pain lessened significantly. Another ultrasound showed that the clot has moved from calf to thigh so although my leg feels 90% better, the clot is still present and on the move."

Geek_Lady October 29, 2015

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Deep Vein Thrombosis "After travel by car, I felt the DVT symptoms, having had a previous occurrence 4 years ago. Pradaxa was offered as a choice, so that I would not have to return for the frequent pro-time tests. It has worked fine for a while, had reflux before and after starting to take. Upside, the leg with the clot feels better and is not as swollen, and I am not having the irregular heart beat with dizziness. Fewer headaches. Downside: my bones ache. My hips and my thumb hurt. Even my teeth and jaw are starting to ache. Since there are no other meds except long term thyroid replacements, I feel this is the cause. Feel swollen around my abdomen. And Acetaminophen doesn't work well for low back and other pains."

GeekyLady September 23, 2015

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation "Pradaxa gave me acid reflux. Medication burned on the way out as well. I could hardly walk. The pain was intense. Don't recommend."

Morhoyle August 3, 2015

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation "I was given the choice of pradaxa or warfarin, I chose pradaxa as no ongoing blood tests etc. I have an acid reflux and take a PPI, having given up smoking and drinking alcohol. I don't notice any major side effects. I do fart a bit, but then I always have. 11 months on 300mg per day no complaints."

mrallard (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 19, 2015

30 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation "Since taking Pradaxa my hair has been falling out and my skin is shedding so much it looks like snow flakes."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 27, 2015

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Deep Vein Thrombosis "Heartburn other than that tolerable after being on warfarin for 28 yrs, love the fact no constant visits for protime testing."

Delsha November 3, 2014

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Deep Vein Thrombosis "I've been on 2x150mg Pradaxa for about 1 year now after being on 14 mg of warfarin for a year before this. I had a DVT followed by a Protein S deficiency diagnosis. I felt really tired/sluggish on warfarin and didn't like the inconvenience of INR testing. I feel better on Pradaxa but I am considering switching back to warfarin because I don't like the idea that there is no antidote for E.R. bleeding with Pradaxa. I work with saws all the time and this is a constant concern."

Slarso (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 15, 2014

25 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation "After going to ER with afib, diagnosis was thyroid. Was put on Pradaxa for afib and also had thyroid removed. The most noticable side effect is heartburn. As a result of thyroid removal, I MUST take calcium. Asked the pharmacist what I can take for heartburn whle taking Pradaxa and he said nothing with calcium in it. He advised Pepcid AC since it doesnt have calcium in it. Said not to take tums or other antacids because they contain calcium. Pepcid works great. However I still have to take calcium so am sure to keep Pepcid AC on hand."

wordsrus January 19, 2014

33 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation "If you are new to taking this medication or are currently on Warfarin, here are a few things to keep in mind: (1) when you start this medication you will likely have a lot of acid - be sure to take Ranitidine but in half the dose most physicians will prescribe. Zantac and other meds will change your body's PH and make you likely to get yeast & fungal infections (2) there is no way to reverse the effects of Pradaxa which is a big issue if you are bleeding in a hospital's ER. (3) Pradaxa is great when it comes to diet. You can eat all the broccoli & vitamin K you want. (4) Pradaxa does not require biweekly blood tests. (5) Your joints will ache after 90 days on Pradaxa (6) Vein pain is common."

Pradaxa Is A Large Step Forward (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 31, 2013

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation "Have been taking Pradaxa 150 twice a day since Sept 2011. Initially had extreme acid reflux and heartburn. Tried Nexium, Zantac, Tums, GasX. What has worked best for me is to NEVER take it on an empty stomach. In the evening I eat a small carton of some kind of yogurt before taking my evening dose. Since beginning this regimen I rarely have to take an antacid of any kind."

GG25 June 8, 2013

114 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation "Much superior to warfarin."

turfmaster (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 21, 2013

37 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation "Cannot tolerate Warfarin but only got Pradaxa to cover two months previous and one month after catheter ablation for atrial fibrillation. Had a bit of heartburn the first few days, but no side effects at all during the whole three months. Now after three months post ablation, still getting some atrial fibrillation I think, but my doctor will not prescribe it, only the hospital consultant - who is also very reluctant. "

JoMaKel (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 25, 2013

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation "Cost reduced because of discount card. Had bad gas, stomach upset after taking each dose until I read about taking Zantac before eating and then taking Pradaxa immediately after meal. I had been taking Pradaxa before breakfast which resulted in burping and gas, and a few hours after dinner which caused bad bloating and stomach upset. Took Nexium for a month incorrectly also, taking before breakfast along with Pradaxa. First time I used Zantac 30 min before dinner and then took Pradaxa immediately after eating I had minimal gas and stomach issues."

ln2 October 6, 2012

42 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation "Within two weeks of taking Pradaxa I have experienced a noticeable improvement in health and well-being. Pradaxa has replaced Coumadin, since then all bruising, bleeding and general malaise has ceased. No side effects. From being tired and restless I'm now energetic and active all day. "

mkemter (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 24, 2012

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation "I have taken Pradaxa for a year now. I've had no side effects, and compared to Coumadin it's great. Taking Coumadin, I had to constantly adjust the dosage because I had only one protime in six months that showed the proper clinical result. With Pradaxa, there is no need for the constant blood testing, no side effects for me, and no reason not to take it."

Ted_S (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 8, 2012