User Reviews for Aspirin to treat Pain

Also known as: Acetylsalicylic Acid, Ecotrin, Aspir 81, Bayer Aspirin, Arthritis Pain, Bufferin, Easprin, Ascriptin, Vazalore, Aspir-Low, Ecotrin Adult Low Strength, Aspirin Low Strength, Fasprin, Bayer Children's Aspirin, Acuprin 81, Bayer Aspirin Regimen, Aspi-Cor, Buffered Aspirin, Halfprin, St. Joseph 81 mg Aspirin Enteric Safety-Coated, Arthritis Foundation Pain Reliever, Empirin, Genacote, Ascriptin Enteric, Norwich Aspirin, Ecpirin, Miniprin, Ascriptin Maximum Strength, Bayer Aspirin with Heart Advantage, Aspirtab, Bufferin Low Dose, Medi-Seltzer, St. Joseph 81 mg Chewable Aspirin, Aspergum, Aspiritab, Bayer Aspirin Extra Strength Plus, Buffex, Durlaza, Ecotrin Maximum Strength, Entercote, Extra Strength Bayer, Gennin-FC, Genprin, Tri-Buffered Aspirin, Entaprin, Bufferin Arthritis Strength, Bufferin Extra Strength Bayer Women's Aspirin With Calcium Aspirin Lite Coat Migralex Heartline Bayer Advanced Aspirin Buffasal …show all brand names

Aspirin has an average rating of 6.8 out of 10 from a total of 9 ratings for the treatment of Pain. 67% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 33% reported a negative effect.

Aspirin Rating Summary

6.8/10 average rating

Compare all 1438 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Aspirin

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 31, 2015

“Aspirin is not a very effective pain reliever and has unacceptable side effects for me. Namely, gastritis and ulcer. I traded my daily ibuprofen for a daily aspirin after reading about its cardiovascular and cancer-preventing properties. A month later, my stomach is wrecked. I don't smoke, drink or do anything else that would damage my stomach this way. I'm a healthy 30-year-old. My symptoms include nausea, burning pain in my back and shoulders, gas, bloating, indigestion and weakness. I'm now taking Prilosec, Zantac and Tums with little relief. While daily aspirin can save lives, it can also be harmful. It's slightly harder on your stomach than other NSAIDs. Don't take it unless you actually NEED it.”

Anonymous July 25, 2010

“This would be the second most effective NSAID for me, behind Motrin but well ahead of Aleve or other OTC's of any type - It is my preference for "cold and flu" because it breaks a fever pretty quick. If there is a downside, it's that if I take 2 or 3 a day for more than a week, it definitely causes a ringing in my ears, loud. Short-term or simple pain, the old school aspirin just works.”

Anonymous June 22, 2012

Bufferin (aspirin): “After having ulcers the doctor recomended bufferin for pain, that was 40 years ago. I have relied on that and extra strength bufferin since then. Since it was taken off the market I have tried others but they do not work as well. Please please bring the bufferin back.”

Michelangelo · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 8, 2018

Bufferin Low Dose (aspirin): “Due to intestinal bleeding, I cannot take typical NSAIDs for heart attack preventative care. However, because of the 'buffering'/magnesium in this product, I can, but in small doses. I cannot find 81 mg of Bufferin so I take a 326 mg tablet and quarter it, taking it in the evening, 98% of the time without a bleeding problem. When I have joint pain, I may double it but then bleeding can become a problem, again.”

sjp in Sacramento August 19, 2013

“I have been taking aspirin for the last 35 years or so for headache related pain. It is far more effective than Tylenol or ibuprofen. It's pretty safe and very affordable.”

thomrosenthal April 24, 2019

“Pharmacist told me to take 2 aspirin (500mg) every four hours, my pain has been greatly relieved and my injuries are much better when it comes to pain. Aspirin is cheap and very useful.”

be2 July 20, 2015

“For me aspirin works better than ibuprofen,acetaminophen,naproxen,ir relieves tension headaches and even back pain.”

Dee · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 30, 2018

Bayer Aspirin Extra Strength Plus (aspirin): “I prefer Aleve this product ”

Tiger55 January 10, 2017

“I have severe, chronic sciatica. Aspirin does next to nothing for the pain. Naproxen or ibuprofen are far superior.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month April 12, 2018

Bayer Aspirin (aspirin): “I used this for minor tooth pain and it did absolutely nothing to ease the pain at all. Would not recommend this”

Fibromyalgia · Taken for 5 to 10 years August 25, 2021

Bayer Aspirin Extra Strength Plus (aspirin): “I believe Bayer Back and Body 500 has been using inferior ingredients. Using daily since 2014... I see a huge difference. Almost no effect.”