User Reviews for Isosorbide mononitrate

Angina 4.4
Summary of Isosorbide mononitrate reviews 5.2 53 reviews

Reviews for Isosorbide mononitrate

mackie NYC NY · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 11, 2020

For Angina: “Dr, put me on Isosorbide Mononitrate 60mg twice day, (did start with 30 twice day) I am 86 yrs have severe COPD. After reading 3 pages of reviews I am shocked at what other folks have had in side effects. I have had nothing in side effects that I am aware of and tightness in chest is now very rare. Have outstanding doctor for over 15 yrs. He gave me his cell phone years ago. He has made 2 house calls this year. I am really blessed. Been on med since Oct 2017.”

Tosca · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 22, 2020

For Angina: “Been taking extended release for five years. I had a pretty gnarly headache the first few days, was told to expect this, so that made it more tolerable. I have have had no side effects of note since then. Seems to help, although I have had angina occasionally while on it. My assumption here is I probably would have more angina without it.”

Donaldw4 · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 15, 2020

For Angina Pectoris Prophylaxis: “I've been taking Isosorbide 30 mg ER dose 3 times a day for years to help angina. I also have a pacemaker. No headaches and I feel better than I did before this medicine was prescribed by my cardiologist.”

Di · Taken for less than 1 month January 5, 2020

Imdur (isosorbide mononitrate) for Angina: “Extremely bad side effects with 2nd dose. First dose last evening felt fine. Feel as if I have most side effects and cannot take.”

Lin · Taken for 10 years or more October 6, 2019

Imdur (isosorbide mononitrate) for Angina: “Dr increased me from 30 to 60 two days ago. Been on 30 for 17 years. Was no longer helping angina or high blood pressure. It seems to be helping pressure but having some chest pain. Also have severe COPD.”

Sue · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 3, 2019

For Angina Pectoris Prophylaxis: “Jackson. My Dr put me on 30 mg and I had a killer headache all night so I wasn't going to take again but broke the tablet in half and took it. I still had a small headache. I suggest slowly increasing isosorbide until your body adjusts to it and then continue increasing until you reach the desired dose the dr wants you on. I told my cardiologist and he said that was ok..just a suggestion - you probably should check with your Doctor and see what they think.”

Granny · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 20, 2019

Imdur (isosorbide mononitrate) for Heart Failure: “Dr started me on Imdur for angina/heart failure-after about 1 week, shortness of breath gone and I have no chest pain. I couldn't even turn over in bed without getting short of breath no side effects all-still taking after 6mths & feel great.”

Jackson · Taken for less than 1 month July 15, 2019

Imdur (isosorbide mononitrate) for Angina: “I was taking 30mg and the doc increased the Imdur to 60 mg now I have a headache, can’t sleep feel like everything is moving or spinning , and pain in my neck and my low back feels disconnected when in bed and all I want to do is vomit, it has been 2 days since the increase”

StanLee · Taken for less than 1 month July 10, 2019

For Angina: “I was prescribed these tablets -isosorbide 40mg Modified-Release tablets to be taken 1 each morning. 8-10 hours after taking my first tablet I had to go to bed with a terrible headache starting at the back of my head, into my neck. The pain spread across my shoulders and into my arms. It felt like severe arthritis, and couldn't get relief no matter how I tried. I can't remember ever feeling pain like it, and got very little sleep that night. Nothing could persuade me to take another one of these tablets. Dreadful medication.”

Hud · Taken for less than 1 month June 26, 2019

For Angina: “I was prescribed this drug isosorbide mononitrate after going to hospital with angina. I was sick of using GTN spray, as it gave me sore throats & headaches. Only took these tablets 3x30 mg doses over 3 days & had to have a week off work. The side effects were dizziness, couldn't open my eyes or see properly, wasn't sure what I was doing, tired all the time - worst thing I've ever taken. Back to the spray & aspirin now. Rather have a few minutes angina ,than all the side effects of Carmil (UK brand of isosorbide). Never again. Just hope my appointment to have a stent fitted arrives soon.Been waiting since March.......”

Babs · Taken for less than 1 month June 11, 2019

For Angina: “Started on Isosorbide mononitrate 30mg yesterday. Have had angina, SOB (shortness of breath), right hand and arm icy cold, since quad by-pass in 2017. Immediately after taking first dose felt "yukky", had the headache, dizzy, very tired, took an Ibuprofen and sat in recliner for about 2 hours, then felt much better and was able to walk in my yard with no chest pain (first since surgery)!. My right hand is warm! This morning took med then went back to bed for an hour. Slight headache right now. Will take Ibuprofen again. Still no chest pain or SOB. Right hand was cold, but is now warm again! I pray this continues.”

Ccsmtg · Taken for less than 1 month April 4, 2019

“I had double bypass and I take 4 pills for high blood pressure. My blood pressure was running high 170/105 so I was prescribed and I took isosorbide 60 mg extended release. Now my blood pressure is 117/68. 4 pills I love it. Finally my blood pressure is managed. I do get the headache, but take 2 Tylenol and it’s gone. I am going to experiment not taking olmasarten if my pressure is still awesome I’ll stop it. Then I’ll then try not taking the hydralizine slowly. Then I will be at 2 pill isosorbide and metroprolol.”

Patti · Taken for less than 1 month March 4, 2019

For Angina: “I would rather rip my hamstring off again than ever take this pill again..it gave me the most crippling headache of my 52 years alive.”

Badri · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 24, 2018

Imdur (isosorbide mononitrate): “Using it for Severe Hypertension”

bharath · Taken for 10 years or more August 18, 2018

“I am told that I had IHD (ischaemic heart disease) in the year 1977. I have never experienced angina or dysponea or sweating never in my life. After 20 years when I have some burning sensation on my hands , my doctor prescribed Ismo 10 mg twice a day. Believe it or not I have been taking this medicine since last 22 years until my new cardiologist asked me to stop since I am experiencing vertigo for the last 6 years. He said that nitrates may cause vertigo. Believe me , when I stopped the drug ,from the first day itself my vertigo and dizziness have gone.”

Rudy · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 16, 2018

For Angina: “My blood pressure started going up about two years after by pass surgery and they started me on 30 mg and my blood pressure has gone down and stablized. My chest pain has gone away. No headache and only thing is my sleep is not as good.”

Mvnwy August 15, 2018

For Angina: “Made angina worse. Caused head and neck pain and tension.I had an ill feeling for over 8 hours after taking 10mg”

Mom · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 4, 2018

For Angina: “My daughter was put on this for her resistant high blood pressure. It does the job of lowering her pressure very well, but it makes her heart beat erratically and makes her feel terrible all of the time. Severe headaches, a weak, heavy feeling, nausea, dizziness and breathlessness. It is really a tough drug to take. We had to stop the extended release and go with the normal one that only lasts a few hours just to give her some relief. Once she gets more used to it we might go back to ext. release. But in the meantime, its completely debilitating.”

Wendy June 30, 2018

For Esophageal Spasm: “I have no pain but at a swallow test was diagnosed with esophageal spasms along with a small hiatal hernia. I am having a lump-like feeling in my throat when I make saliva, but not when I eat or drink. I was prescribed a half of a 30 mg tablet daily. I have taken twice and got a headache, but not a really bad one. I’m wondering if I even need to take it.”

Doc · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 24, 2018

For Angina: “I have been on this drug for 6 months. 30 mg. I have not experienced any side effects. Recently increased the amount to 60 mg. and the first few days a was very dizzy and felt weak. I am confident I will get use to the higher dosage.”

Lottie · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 19, 2018

For Heart Failure: “I recently had 2 stents placed in my heart. I was put on 60mg ER Indur. I have been on it for 30 days. The headaches are horrendous, body aches, back pain, dizziness, extreme exhaustion, mental confusion. I feel like my brain is in a constant state of confusion. The headaches are still bad 30 days later. When I stopped taking the medication all the symptoms eventually left including my chest pains. I might have had better results if they had started me on a lower dose. I do not want to take this medication anymore.”

Shepherdess · Taken for less than 1 month February 20, 2018

For Angina: “I’ve got Prinzmetal Angina and my doctor put me on this medication after a particularly bad attack. I am already taking Amlodipine and GTN when required. The headache and neck ache from this medication has been severe. I can do nothing else but lay flat in a darkened room. No painkiller relieves it. If you are unlucky enough to get these side effects, they are horrendous. I persisted with it for a week, but it was disabling.”

Mr Stint · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 3, 2017

For Heart Failure: “Bad”

Marko201 November 15, 2017

For Angina: “Put me in the bed for hours. Stay away from it. I wouldn't take it again for $10,000”

Sandinnalee1 · Taken for less than 1 month November 3, 2017

For Angina: “I've been on it 8 days. The dosage is 30 mg. I'm having stiff neck. The most terrible headache. It is for Angina. It is helping the chest pain. They say after a few weeks headaches will subside. I sure hope so.”