User Reviews for Isosorbide mononitrate

Esophageal Spasm

Summary of Isosorbide mononitrate reviews 5.5 48 reviews

Reviews for Isosorbide mononitrate

Granny · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 20, 2019

Imdur (isosorbide mononitrate) for Heart Failure: "Dr started me on Imdur for angina/heart failure-after about 1 week, shortness of breath gone and I have no chest pain. I couldn't even turn over in bed without getting short of breath no side effects all-still taking after 6mths & feel great."

Jackson · Taken for less than 1 month July 15, 2019

Imdur (isosorbide mononitrate) for Angina: "I was taking 30mg and the doc increased the Imdur to 60 mg now I have a headache, can’t sleep feel like everything is moving or spinning , and pain in my neck and my low back feels disconnected when in bed and all I want to do is vomit, it has been 2 days since the increase"

StanLee · Taken for less than 1 month July 10, 2019

For Angina: "I was prescribed these tablets -isosorbide 40mg Modified-Release tablets to be taken 1 each morning. 8-10 hours after taking my first tablet I had to go to bed with a terrible headache starting at the back of my head, into my neck. The pain spread across my shoulders and into my arms. It felt like severe arthritis, and couldn't get relief no matter how I tried. I can't remember ever feeling pain like it, and got very little sleep that night. Nothing could persuade me to take another one of these tablets. Dreadful medication."

Hud · Taken for less than 1 month June 26, 2019

For Angina: "I was prescribed this drug isosorbide mononitrate after going to hospital with angina. I was sick of using GTN spray, as it gave me sore throats & headaches. Only took these tablets 3x30 mg doses over 3 days & had to have a week off work. The side effects were dizziness, couldn't open my eyes or see properly, wasn't sure what I was doing, tired all the time - worst thing I've ever taken. Back to the spray & aspirin now. Rather have a few minutes angina ,than all the side effects of Carmil (UK brand of isosorbide). Never again. Just hope my appointment to have a stent fitted arrives soon.Been waiting since March......."

Babs · Taken for less than 1 month June 11, 2019

For Angina: "Started on Isosorbide mononitrate 30mg yesterday. Have had angina, SOB (shortness of breath), right hand and arm icy cold, since quad by-pass in 2017. Immediately after taking first dose felt "yukky", had the headache, dizzy, very tired, took an Ibuprofen and sat in recliner for about 2 hours, then felt much better and was able to walk in my yard with no chest pain (first since surgery)!. My right hand is warm! This morning took med then went back to bed for an hour. Slight headache right now. Will take Ibuprofen again. Still no chest pain or SOB. Right hand was cold, but is now warm again! I pray this continues."

Ccsmtg · Taken for less than 1 month April 4, 2019

For Not Listed / Other: "I had double bypass and I take 4 pills for high blood pressure. My blood pressure was running high 170/105 so I was prescribed and I took isosorbide 60 mg extended release. Now my blood pressure is 117/68. 4 pills I love it. Finally my blood pressure is managed. I do get the headache, but take 2 Tylenol and it’s gone. I am going to experiment not taking olmasarten if my pressure is still awesome I’ll stop it. Then I’ll then try not taking the hydralizine slowly. Then I will be at 2 pill isosorbide and metroprolol."

Patti · Taken for less than 1 month March 4, 2019

For Angina: "I would rather rip my hamstring off again than ever take this pill again..it gave me the most crippling headache of my 52 years alive."

Badri · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 24, 2018

Imdur (isosorbide mononitrate) for : "Using it for Severe Hypertension"

bharath · Taken for 10 years or more August 18, 2018

For Not Listed / Other: "I am told that I had IHD (ischaemic heart disease) in the year 1977. I have never experienced angina or dysponea or sweating never in my life. After 20 years when I have some burning sensation on my hands , my doctor prescribed Ismo 10 mg twice a day. Believe it or not I have been taking this medicine since last 22 years until my new cardiologist asked me to stop since I am experiencing vertigo for the last 6 years. He said that nitrates may cause vertigo. Believe me , when I stopped the drug ,from the first day itself my vertigo and dizziness have gone."

Rudy · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 16, 2018

For Angina: "My blood pressure started going up about two years after by pass surgery and they started me on 30 mg and my blood pressure has gone down and stablized. My chest pain has gone away. No headache and only thing is my sleep is not as good."

Mvnwy August 15, 2018

For Angina: "Made angina worse. Caused head and neck pain and tension.I had an ill feeling for over 8 hours after taking 10mg"

Mom · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 4, 2018

For Angina: "My daughter was put on this for her resistant high blood pressure. It does the job of lowering her pressure very well, but it makes her heart beat erratically and makes her feel terrible all of the time. Severe headaches, a weak, heavy feeling, nausea, dizziness and breathlessness. It is really a tough drug to take. We had to stop the extended release and go with the normal one that only lasts a few hours just to give her some relief. Once she gets more used to it we might go back to ext. release. But in the meantime, its completely debilitating."

Wendy June 30, 2018

For Esophageal Spasm: "I have no pain but at a swallow test was diagnosed with esophageal spasms along with a small hiatal hernia. I am having a lump-like feeling in my throat when I make saliva, but not when I eat or drink. I was prescribed a half of a 30 mg tablet daily. I have taken twice and got a headache, but not a really bad one. I’m wondering if I even need to take it."

Doc · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 24, 2018

For Angina: "I have been on this drug for 6 months. 30 mg. I have not experienced any side effects. Recently increased the amount to 60 mg. and the first few days a was very dizzy and felt weak. I am confident I will get use to the higher dosage."

Lottie · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 19, 2018

For Heart Failure: "I recently had 2 stents placed in my heart. I was put on 60mg ER Indur. I have been on it for 30 days. The headaches are horrendous, body aches, back pain, dizziness, extreme exhaustion, mental confusion. I feel like my brain is in a constant state of confusion. The headaches are still bad 30 days later. When I stopped taking the medication all the symptoms eventually left including my chest pains. I might have had better results if they had started me on a lower dose. I do not want to take this medication anymore."

Shepherdess · Taken for less than 1 month February 20, 2018

For Angina: "I’ve got Prinzmetal Angina and my doctor put me on this medication after a particularly bad attack. I am already taking Amlodipine and GTN when required. The headache and neck ache from this medication has been severe. I can do nothing else but lay flat in a darkened room. No painkiller relieves it. If you are unlucky enough to get these side effects, they are horrendous. I persisted with it for a week, but it was disabling."

Mr Stint · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 3, 2017

For Heart Failure: "Bad"

Marko201 November 15, 2017

For Angina: "Put me in the bed for hours. Stay away from it. I wouldn't take it again for $10,000"

Sandinnalee1 · Taken for less than 1 month November 3, 2017

For Angina: "I've been on it 8 days. The dosage is 30 mg. I'm having stiff neck. The most terrible headache. It is for Angina. It is helping the chest pain. They say after a few weeks headaches will subside. I sure hope so."

ElliottGales · Taken for less than 1 month September 28, 2017

For Angina: "I started this drug on the 27/09/2017 Chermydur 60mg XL tablets isosorbide 5 mononitrate, I have read some reviews and I can clearly say most of them sound the same. I took my first tablet before I went to bed and woke up in the morning feeling like I have been hit over the head with a brick, my eyes were hurting stiff neck and a severe headache. I am not sure if I am going to carry on taking this medication or give it a chance because I just hate having Angina."

Theresahs59 September 25, 2017

For Angina: "I have been taking isosorbide mononitrate 30mg tablets for a little over 2 months now. For the first 4 to 5 days I did experience headaches, however, they did subside. I have, now, started to experience a headache every now and again though. I have, also, started to have the same chest pain, again, which had completely gone away until now. My biggest complaint and concern is that I find myself EXTREMELY tired, every single day, for the past 2 weeks! It does not matter if I sleep 8 or more hours I still wake up feeling like I have had no sleep at all! I can sit down on my couch or at the kitchen table and fall asleep sitting straight up and have slept that way for hours! I don't understand this but other that that I'm ok with the medicine."

Tahoe84ves September 13, 2017

For Angina: "The headaches caused by this medication is worse than the condition it is supposed to treat. The pain goes on for at least 24 hours..it is debilitating and cannot be treated with Tylenol or cool compresses...avoid this med at all costs!"

Wiccagranny · Taken for less than 1 month September 3, 2017

For Angina: "I had a terrible experience on this drug. It was supposed to control my chest pain but instead worsened my pain. I also had migraines. In spite of these adverse reactions my doctor wants me to try it again. No thank you."

yitzk August 13, 2017

For Angina: "I take a whole host of medication for high blood pressure - and some narrowing of arteries (as determined by an angiogram). I also cycle quite a lot - 50-100 miles/week. I found that when I took the isosorbide mononitrate, I would get very much out of breath and it would make me very weak. I effectively stopped taken them over time and feel much better with no symptoms of angina"

Jacquid · Taken for less than 1 month August 2, 2017

For Angina: "Was prescribed this after heart attack and had stent in. Have been taking just 30mg of Carmel XL and today will be my last day. Pounding headache nothing can help. Can only lie down, every tiny movement hurts. Can't see properly. Not having angina attacks since surgery, so don't see the point of this medicine, surely a spray when needed is better? Would not recommend, but feel I have been mis prescribed by hospital."

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)