User Reviews for Isosorbide mononitrate to treat Heart Failure

Isosorbide mononitrate has an average rating of 7.4 out of 10 from a total of 8 ratings for the treatment of Heart Failure. 75% of those users who reviewed Isosorbide mononitrate reported a positive effect, while 25% reported a negative effect.

Isosorbide mononitrate Rating Summary

7.4/10 average rating

Compare all 143 medications used in the treatment of Heart Failure.

TESSNICK · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 22, 2021

Imdur (isosorbide mononitrate): “I was prescribed Imdur after a mild heart attack when I lived Overseas. My Cardiologist here in the states said it's the best medication to prevent another heart attack and I agree.”

karlab65 · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 18, 2021

Imdur (isosorbide mononitrate): “I’ve been taking Imdur for several years for angina, blood pressure and other conditions and I have never felt better. I can breathe again, no chest pains, and I can do things with my family again. After being on blood thinners over 20 years, this has been a godsend!”

billybob · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 17, 2020

“Been on this pill ( Isosorbide 30 mg. ) for 4 years with no side effect, but my legs swell sometimes. I don't know if its the pill or not.”

Granny · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 20, 2019

Imdur (isosorbide mononitrate): “Dr started me on Imdur for angina/heart failure-after about 1 week, shortness of breath gone and I have no chest pain. I couldn't even turn over in bed without getting short of breath no side effects all-still taking after 6mths & feel great.”

savemyheart January 24, 2015

“I was exhausted and constantly gasping for breath. My cardiologist put me on isosorbide mononitrate, one pill a day. The difference was astounding. I no longer was gasping for breath and no longer had to take naps. The pill would wear off during the night so the doctor recently changed me to two/day. Am experiencing some pretty severe headaches and dizziness when get up to fast. Doctor had told me I would experience headaches but they would go away eventually.”

Lottie · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 19, 2018

“I recently had 2 stents placed in my heart. I was put on 60mg ER Indur. I have been on it for 30 days. The headaches are horrendous, body aches, back pain, dizziness, extreme exhaustion, mental confusion. I feel like my brain is in a constant state of confusion. The headaches are still bad 30 days later. When I stopped taking the medication all the symptoms eventually left including my chest pains. I might have had better results if they had started me on a lower dose. I do not want to take this medication anymore.”

picanose September 2, 2014

Imdur (isosorbide mononitrate): “I don't have chest pains but my heart was beating irregularly. Since being on Imdur my heart beats regular now.”

Mr Stint · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 3, 2017