User Reviews for Amlodipine systemic

Coronary Artery Disease

1 review 7 medications
Summary of Amlodipine reviews 5.4 352 reviews

Reviews for Amlodipine

For High Blood Pressure: "I had been taking 10 mg of Amlodopine for close to 3 years. I had a lot of familial issues going on so the side effects I was initially experiencing I chalked them up to my body being overly stressed. Fast forward to October 2018 after several ER visits for chest pain and left arm weakness I realized it was the medicine. I have been having horrible nightmares for the past 3 years as well where I am woken up out of my sleep and usually my teen comes running in my room to check on me because I wake them up as well. I have experienced severe anxiety which I never had anxiety issues before, heart palpitations (that had me thinking maybe I had A-Fib), leg swelling and left leg weakness/discomfort especially when I try to lay on my left side at night. I stopped taking Amlodopine the end of October and switched back to Hctz. Some side effects have lessened and I'm hoping they eventually completely go away. This drug was HORRIBLE for me!!!!"

KMG December 9, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "After a TIA I found I had high blood pressure 170/110 In the hospital they gave me something that caused HUGE adverse reactions. I was then given a brand name sample by my PCP (expensive) that worked but due to price he switched me to the generic equivalent of 2 meds. We adjusted the dosage of each to find the best for me. Settled on Amlodipine 10mg and Quinapril 40mg. Have been taking these for 5+ years with no side effects that I can say are caused by the drugs. (I experience some of the things reported but know some are caused by other issues I have). Nothing is serious. We twice tried to reduce the Quinapril to 20mg but the systolic slowly went up over 2-3 weeks and when it hit 160 I went back to 40mg. Since I started taking these my BP has been about 134/74 regularly. I am now 68 years old 175-180 pounds, exercise, and watch my diet. Works great for me."

StephenWV (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 8, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "From my experience, I found that Amlodipine 5 mg is more effective than Losartan 50 mg. Nearly 10 years I used to take Enalapril 5 mg twice daily,but BP that time was ranging from 150/85 to 160/95. Therefore I shifted to Amolodipine 5 mg 2 times about 3 years back and could see a fantastic change in my BP between 110/70 and 120/80. In between when I could not get Amlodipine for few days I took Losartan 50 morning and 25mg at night and I found my BP 140/85 or 90."

Emkay December 6, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "I recently got off Amlodipine 10mg and let me tell you -- best decision of my life. The garbage landed me in the hospital three times for tightness, A-fib, and blockage (or seemingly blockage). All three times tests came back normal. It was the damn medication and somehow two different cardiologists couldn't figure it out. I'm now on 50mg of atenolol and a nitric oxide supplement. The atenolol is next to go. All blood pressure medications are bad for me I think. Plant based diet and exercise is the answer."

Darth Palpitation November 27, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "I have been prehypertensive for 5 years. Once my BP started to be in hypertensive range, I started taking 5 mg of Amlodipine. It caused severe dizziness, headache , fatigue and drowsiness. I had to go to hospital to rule out MI or and other conditions related to brain. Running drastically reduced my BP to range of 70/40 mm of hg. This medicine has long half life. I stopped Amlodipine"

Mo November 25, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "I have been taking Amlodipine Besylate 10 mg. For over 6 years now and have the worse side effects have been; heart pounding/palpitations, fatigue, and increased anxiety. I also noticed that my problems were noted when the manufacturer changed to Teva. When the manufacturer was Camber, problems were not noticed. For several years I take Metoprolol XR and Hydrochlorizide with no problems. I stopped taking the Amlodipine Besylate 10 mg. over 3 weeks ago and and have noticed that my energy level has increased, anxiety lessened and heart pounding decreased. My BP has been about the same as when I was taking the Amlodipine Besylate, so I plan to discuss this with my GP. I feel there are problems with this medication and hope that with numerous complaints/concerns it will be further investigated."

June November 18, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "after 18 months on amlodipine with awful side affects doctor told me to just stop taking it and put my perindoril from 4mg to 8 mg. I am really worried as I thought you had to wean off it "

sarah53 (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 18, 2018

For Migraine Prevention: "Had consistent migraines about 8-10 days a month since childhood. Started this drug for high blood pressure, for which it worked well. But after a few months I realized my headaches had almost completely vanished. Maybe 1-2 a year. Went off of it due to edema in lower legs, headaches came right back. So I am back on it. If it wasn't for the edema I would call this a miracle cure (hence the rating of 9)"

Lee (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 16, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "Headaches, swollen ankles, heart palpitations, dizziness, fatigue. Systolic pressure did not decrease much. I’m done with this. Poison!!!!!!!!!!!!! Horrible. FDA is not doing their job!"

Bo (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 8, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "I was borderline high blood pressure during a check up and the doctor started me at 10mg amlopidine right away. Took 3 days for side effects to kick in, but they've landed me in the hospital for two stays. It causes electrical haywire, tightness, palpitations, you name it. I tried to stop cold turkey, and that landed me in the hospital yet again with sky high blood pressure. Doctor prescribed atenolol, 25mg, as a sidekick medicine and it smoothed over most of the haywire effects. The problem is now I am on two of these bad boys and it's ridiculously hard to get off them without feeling like you're going to have a stroke. I'm trying to sort out how to wean myself down and get off this hot mess. Given a choice, I would take atenolol over this stuff hands down. Improved diet and exercise is by far the best option. I dread the suffering and probable hospital stay it's going to take to get off this nasty in the coming weeks. Think carefully before you ever get involved with it."

Scooby Snacks November 4, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "I started on 5mg of amlodopine 3 weeks ago following a visit to an out of hours Doctor. At first it did drop my Bp, but after the first week I noticed that when I took my Bp reading at 9:00am it was down to 130/78 (ish), but after taking the medication, and checking my Bp at 2.00pm it was up to 150/100. The same occurred at 8:00pm as well. Then, 4 days ago it shot back up to 185/125 which caused me to end up at the doctors again. The doctor said that he thought my Bp had risen further because I was anxious about my Bp and advised me to stop taking readings for a few days, at least until the weekend. I have, and surprise surprise my Bp today has dropped to a sensible 125/78. The other thing I’ve noticed is they give me a full headache and they caused my resting heartbeat to rise from 67 to 78 which is very strange as well. I think I’ll be asking my Gp to reassess my treatment as I don’t think this drug works for me."

Scooby October 27, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "Effective in lowering blood pressure with terrible side effects. Muscle pain, back pain, shoulder pain, headaches, balance issues, brain fog, memory problems, depression erectile disfunction. Length of use six years on and off. When side effects become intolerable I stop using it and resume when blood pressure rises again. I live in the UK."

Cracker (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 21, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "I stopped amlodipine a couple times since I started taking it about a year ago, but kept going back to it due to raising blood pressure. While taking amlodipine, I developed severe anxiety and nervousness, also weight loss and reduced appetite. More recently I've developed gastric problems, dry mouth and severe weakness and fatigue. I stopped taking it about 3 days ago, fatigue and weakness do not seem to be getting better, also feeling a but dizzy. Although it has lowered my BP to normal levels the side effects are unbearable. Anyone know how long before this resolves?"

healthyheart October 17, 2018

Norvasc (amlodipine) for High Blood Pressure: "Been on the medication for about a week now. Seems to work well. Always had a bit of vertigo so can't attest to the dizziness claims. Doesn't work as well as my previous Lopressor/Micardis regimen I was on but we'll see. The plan is to lower potassium levels due to the side effects of the other two in addition to the high blood pressure."

James (taken for less than 1 month) October 16, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "This medicine actually works as far as lowering my blood pressure, but the side effects are awful! I started out on 10mg and I had to cut the pill in half which made me feel much better. I hope I no longer have to take this medication soon. :("

Anonymous October 11, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "I’m having heart pain ever since I started taking this medication. I was doing fine without it... by doing exercise, cutdown on sodium and taking garlic sometimes. Now with so many bad reviews, I would not recommend this medicine."

Khan (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 7, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "Awful swelling in feet and ankles to the point that some of my shoes no longer fit. Itchiness in that area as well. Flushed face. Medication did not lower my blood pressure very much at all so it wasn't worth the suffering of the side effects."

Steph October 4, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "It reduces blood pressure quite rapidly, but it has some side-effects, particularly flushing, blushing and above all night urination, rather frequent urination. In case of a small headache, you simply need to cut down a part of a dosage."

THEOFANIS MASTICHAS (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 1, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "I’m a 51 year old female. Previously on Ramipril which I had to stop due to the permanent tickling annoying cough which I developed. Began taking Amlodipine 5mg some months ago. Had a couple of bouts of dizziness, have had neck pain, swollen hands, etc but had never thought this could be due to this medication, until recently and reading up on the side effects. Very recently my anxiety levels sky rocketed, my motivation, concentration and mood significantly plummeted-I am now going to request my GP changes my meds to stop my awful low mood/depressed state, as I am sure it’s because of this medication."

Jools (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 30, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "I thought Norvasc and amlodipine was the same medicine. Amlodipine is the generic name of Norvasc."

Babysister September 26, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "Doc put me on 5mg of Amlodipine due to high BP. I am a very healthy 71 year woman. Vegetarian since age 3 I swim 4-5 times per weak along with hiking. At first I did not notice any side effects due to stresses out side of my control. BP did not go down very much so Doc increased to 10 mg. After a few days of feeling exhausted to where I did not have the energy to swim and kept falling asleep during the day. My face was flushed my whole body ached, severe headaches, pain in my heart and then terribly swollen ankles. I immediately stopped taking this awful drug. My BP had not reduced, I took 3 garlic cloves in water with lemon which brought down my BP. Next day went to the pharmacy and now I am taking hawthorn tablet in the am and garlic pill in the evening and have been checking my bp 3 times a day it is better than ever and I have resumed my normal activities, no more headaches, angina and ankles back to normal. "

cici (taken for less than 1 month) September 23, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "This drug helped me lower my blood pressure. It took about a month to work. Now a year later I have pain in all my joints and stomach. Stopped taking it my bp went sky high 180/111 along with anxiety. Went to a holistic doctor and got some herbal meds. That are working well. I would not recommend amlodipine for anyone it’s poison."

BM (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 17, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "Feet and toes are now stiff and my left leg is numb. I believe now there is no way to stop the spread of these side effects from the medicine. I now feel my right leg going numb and fingers getting stiff."

Sam (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 15, 2018

Norvasc (amlodipine) for High Blood Pressure: "I have been on Norvasc for over 17 years now. Before Norvasc my doctor tried me on other BP meds and it didn't keep my pressure down, But when my doctor put me on Norvasc 5mg. My pressure is always beautiful as long as I take my Norvasc. So I want to thank the company who made this pressure pill because it work wonders for me. 17 plus years on Norvasc and will not have it any other way. The number 10 is not high enough to rate this pill."

Kay Cee (taken for 10 years or more) September 12, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "I'm a 54 yr old female and have high blood pressure for years and I am takin lisinipril and metoprolol. My blood pressure shot up to 250 over 126 the pain in my head was so bad I thought I was going to pass out thankfully I was already a patient in the hospital and the doctors were able to get my pressure down fast and started me on Amlodipine 5 mg it seems like its working good and a few side effects but I'll keep taking it."

Kaycee (taken for less than 1 month) September 11, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...