User Reviews for Furosemide systemic

High Blood Pressure
6.8

Summary of Furosemide reviews 7.3 73 reviews

Reviews for Furosemide

Lasix (furosemide) for Pulmonary Edema: "I have been taking lasix for 2 days now. My swelling seems to come and go. I was swollen in my stomach, thighs, ankles and feet. I couldn't walk and I was short of breathe. Thankfully with lasix I am able to walk and swelling going down. I take 40mg in the morning time"

Sara (taken for less than 1 month) October 5, 2018

For Heart Failure: "I'm only 32 years old and I have been diagnosed with severe CHF, they prescribed me furosemide 40 mg twice a day and spirrolactonone in the morning. Yet the furosemide only becomes effective when I must check in with ER to have fluid removed. I'm still coughing constantly, out of breath and nauseous. It's terrible till I get to hospital. They'll get average of 7 liters of fluid and I'll skip out of there singing like I never had a heart problem to begin with."

Jay (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 3, 2018

Lasix (furosemide) for Edema: "I was put on the med and I became extremely confused (couldn't even remember what house I lived in) and I was at home. So weak I could hardly get out of bed. 3 weeks later I was changed to hydrochlorathiazide for 2 weeks with the same effect, just not quite so severe . I quit all this type of med and within 24 hours I could tell a difference. I even did some grocery shopping today. The first time in 6 weeks I was exhausted to say the least but at least I was able to do it. No I didn't carry them in , nor have to them put away. But I was able to do it. I can't wait to see the progress tomorrow. So in conclusion BE CAREFUL"

chris (taken for less than 1 month) September 1, 2018

For Edema: "My optimum dose is 120mg every morning along with 20mg potassium chloride and another 80mg furosemide at 4 pm."

Toni (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 28, 2018

For Edema: "Furosemide is a drug that needs better regulation. Only Mylan brand is effective, all other generics have zero results for me, as if they are fake, not containing any actual medicine. This is a life threatening problem for people who need a diuretic, one that the FDA should have addressed years ago, bad generics."

Nicky (taken for 10 years or more) August 14, 2018

Lasix (furosemide) for Edema: "I have developed peeling of skin on my legs. I have bilateral leg edema."

cat16davis (taken for less than 1 month) June 14, 2018

For Edema: "For me Lasix only work good through IV I barely pee at times. On 80mg twice a day. Still have very much edma. Feet and ankle goes down after 9 hours of elevate time. Need something better. I been on it a month. Hospital arrival weight 209lb The time I finally gotten a room. Down to 204lb. Left hospital week later 200lb"

Renee (taken for less than 1 month) May 22, 2018

Lasix (furosemide) for High Blood Pressure: "After taking lasix for about 5 weeks I had violent allergy with hospitalization"

HANA (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 19, 2018

Lasix (furosemide) for Edema: "Lasix (a potassium-depleting drug) made me pee a lot, but didn't do much to decrease swelling. Then I started taking spironolactone (a potassium-sparing drug ) and almost overnight I lost almost 10 pounds of excess water. I think the Lasix depleted too much potassium, causing too much retention of sodium (which in turn caused water retention). Note: My diet all along has been low sodium."

Jude (taken for less than 1 month) March 19, 2018

Lasix (furosemide) for Edema: "I developed idiopathic (so far my docs are clueless) systemic inflammation over the course of 2 wks or so. Plus hypertensive crisis (202/110), never had BP problems before. I’m 5’5 and 120 lbs, but I looked like the Michelin Man after eating the Pillsbury Doughboy. Doc prescribed Lasix, wonderdrug! Peed like a horse for 2 days, almost back to normal. Unfortunately, however, the inflammation seems to have damaged my epidermis. My skin from knees on up to my chest looks like I vomited cottage cheese over it. :("

Noelle (taken for less than 1 month) February 25, 2018

For Heart Failure: "I was in the ER for hypertension, and water in my lungs, 6 months ago they prescribed me Lasix, for my kidney, immediately after that, I had severe edema that lasted 2 months and ended up in the ER again with excruciating pain, there was nothing they can do. My Nephrologist took me off , but this time In the ER they gave me Lasix again through the IV, and sent me home with pills, the very next day , both my legs swelled up and again in excrucitiang pain, I don't think this medicine is helping me with swelling , it is making it worse.. It is going quite the opposite of whats supposed to do."

Ann (taken for less than 1 month) February 23, 2018

For Edema: "I was fine on furosemide for a year before it stopped working well. They upped the dose. Worked a little, then stopped again. They put me on a rescue diuretic. Metolazone spiked my creatinine, so they took that away but never changed my Lasix. Finally I was left with the choice of an ER visit or a sauna at my gym. That started a months-long period where I was taking 4 to 8 pounds of water off in the sauna every day to deal with my crappy response to Lasix. And that was sending my blood pressure down into 70's/40's. My cardiologist then referred me to a transplant team, who switched me to bumetanide on the first visit and told me to quit the sauna. Thanks to having a diuretic that actually works though, I don't need the sauna. Lasix is well known for becoming ineffective, and cardiologists are well known to let you suffer for MONTHS and even visits to the ER without changing it out for something that works. Don't let them do this to you. DEMAND a switch and don't give them an option."

ithinktoomuch (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 1, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "I didn't do much of anything"

me55 December 6, 2017

Lasix (furosemide) for Edema: "Much foot and leg swelling. Just finished 9 days hospitalization for pneumonia. Took steroid for several days after discharge. As I quit steroid swelling started so I ended up starting lasix. Urination every 2 hours. I have high blood pressure. Atrial fibrulation. Tremendous sweating. Edema is slowly going down."

trasmus3 October 2, 2017

For Edema: "I've been diagnosed with pulmonary edema, and that not only effects my lungs, but I get severe swelling of my feet and legs. The doc prescribed 20mg once per day. I can't take it that often. It works (within 45 minutes I'm running to the bathroom every 20 minutes for about 5 hours), the swelling goes down and I can breath easier, but it gives me horrendous leg cramps, even up into my thighs. I drink water, and gatorade, as well as eat bananas, but it doesn't help. I call it the "evil pill". But, if it gets rid of the fluid I guess I'll keep taking it, even if it's not as often as I should."

Joode (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 17, 2017

For Edema: "I have been to the hospital emergency room twice in 2 months with a diagnosis of edema. I was prescribed Lasix 20 mg along with Potassium pills. In the hospital they put Lasix in IV & it works almost immediately causing me to urinate about 20 times. My doctor has me on 40 mg of Lasix & low salt diet. The swelling has left my legs, but not my feet. I have noticed that if I elevate my feet at least 3-4 times a day with feet at heart level, the swelling goes down much better. I am trusting that swelling will go away completely soon. I am doing much better since going to emergency room, just still having difficulty walking. This can be very stressful to deal with because it affects mobility & exercising is challenging. I am a fall risk."

HelenWil (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 18, 2017

For Edema: "Severe swelling of lower legs and ankles. Furosemide seemed to have helped."

Sliique (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 5, 2017

Lasix (furosemide) for Edema: "Excellent RX. Have taken 40mg PRN for foot and ankle swelling. It shows response within 12 hours. Have had zero side effects. Will use as ordered."

Furr March 14, 2017

For Edema: "I'm having a weird experience with lasix, with the IV version I can pee 7 pounds in hours but with the pills (40mg) twice a day I haven't peed as much as I want to. This is my first day taking it."

Dreadwing (taken for less than 1 month) December 18, 2016

Lasix (furosemide) for Edema: "I have severe Lymphadima and venous edema with pitting. I made the mistake of taking the medicine at night and was up urinating every 30-40 minutes in large quantities all night. This medicine made me extremely thirsty so you have to be sure to drink plenty of water when taking this medicine."

Peeps Widow (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 4, 2016

Lasix (furosemide) for High Blood Pressure: "Every medication you take going to have some kind of side effects. Whether it's prescribed or OTC. This has always help me."

San321 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 26, 2016

Lasix (furosemide) for High Blood Pressure: "Had a Renal Nuclear Scan with Lasix Injection for die contrast to appear on the scan to identify the source of blockage in a kidney. Prior to the scan, 5 weeks of recovering from an Upper Respiratory Infection including Bronchitis, all of my URTI symptoms returned with a severe cough and esophagus (throat) constriction DURING the 45 minute scan after the Lasix was injected. Fortunately, I was in a hospital where they treated me immediately for the allergic reaction. READ all of the interactions and side effects. After 12 hours, I feel much better."

DangerousDrug (taken for less than 1 month) October 1, 2016

For Edema: "My Dr prescribed me 20 mg a day for severe edema in my feet, legs, knees, stomach & hands.I even started to develop water blisters on my feet & developed high blood pressure. My bp was 155/96 after I took the meds, first day worked very well. I went to the bathroom 4 times really well. Then within one day I noticed I lost 7 pounds! But after you take it awhile you'll notice you won't pee as much, and weight loss will be slower. But it does work just remember to take potassium pills, and eat foods with potassium like bananas. Also eat a low sodium diet!!! :)"

LLaroche39 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 28, 2016

Lasix (furosemide) for Edema: "20 mg three times aday. First day ? Nothing ,so far! I'm sure ,or at least I'm thinking its to early to tell diff yet. We shall see"

Dropzonewhiplass February 5, 2016

For Edema: "4x 40gm furosemide I have lost 11 pints urine today drank 5 cups tea and 1/2 cup juice"

Ii January 7, 2016