User Reviews for Furosemide to treat Heart Failure

Also known as: Lasix, Diaqua-2

Furosemide Rating Summary

7.7/10 Average Rating

Compare all 141 medications used in the treatment of Heart Failure.

Reviews for Furosemide

Regimin · Taken for 5 to 10 years September 6, 2019

Lasix (furosemide): “I have found that I need 30 mg in the summer during high humitidy and normally 20 mg the rest of the year....wish I didn't need to cut the pills (no 30mgs available”

Jay · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 3, 2018

“I'm only 32 years old and I have been diagnosed with severe CHF, they prescribed me furosemide 40 mg twice a day and spirrolactonone in the morning. Yet the furosemide only becomes effective when I must check in with ER to have fluid removed. I'm still coughing constantly, out of breath and nauseous. It's terrible till I get to hospital. They'll get average of 7 liters of fluid and I'll skip out of there singing like I never had a heart problem to begin with.”

Ann · Taken for less than 1 month February 23, 2018

“I was in the ER for hypertension, and water in my lungs, 6 months ago they prescribed me Lasix, for my kidney, immediately after that, I had severe edema that lasted 2 months and ended up in the ER again with excruciating pain, there was nothing they can do. My Nephrologist took me off , but this time In the ER they gave me Lasix again through the IV, and sent me home with pills, the very next day , both my legs swelled up and again in excrucitiang pain, I don't think this medicine is helping me with swelling , it is making it worse.. It is going quite the opposite of whats supposed to do.”

Greek777 July 22, 2015

“Best time to take it is some time in the morning so you do not have to go to the bathroom all night.”

T42Grammy · Taken for less than 1 month July 29, 2013

Lasix (furosemide): “Experienced palpitations.”

rick1946 · Taken for 10 years or more August 26, 2012

“I've been taking furosemide since my mid 30s, because of heart issues. Today I'm 66! My experiences have mostly been positive. Only negative is; extreme urgency and frequency to urinate. ”

liloscar October 30, 2009

“My vet gives this drug to my dog. He has C.H.F because of this he has been able to breath better and can now sleep better. Before he would cough blood and fluid.”

b mitchell October 2, 2009

“furosemide: This medication works very quickly and effectively. I take Lasix/furosemide daily in the morning. I am retired to release all of the fluid which I retain. I have lost between 4 to 5 lbs of fluid in my body.”

Anonymous February 15, 2009

“This medication works very quickly and effectively. I take Lasix/furosemide at night and I have to get up two to three times a night to release all of the fluid which I retain durring the day. By morning I have lost between 4 to 5 lbs of fluid in my body.”

Learn more about Heart Failure

Symptom checker

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)