User Reviews for Chlorthalidone

Also known as: Hygroton, Thalitone

Learn more about Chlorthalidone.

High Blood Pressure 4 reviews 264 medications

Edema 2 reviews 51 medications

5.5
Summary of Chlorthalidone reviews 6 reviews 5.8

Reviews for Chlorthalidone

For Edema: "I am 57 with sporadic edema, and was given this drug because I asked for something less powerful than what I was taking. 2 days later, I was in the emergency room, having difficulty breathing and racing heart rate with almost no exertion. Symptoms went away a day after stopping the drug. Perhaps my physician mis-prescribed this but it almost did me in. Awful reaction."

John-S September 3, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "I am male mid-50s and have taken many hypertension meds, most with some level of side-effects. I have settled on 2 with positive side-effects that work okay (captopril and amlodipine), and chlorthalidone with no side-effects that I am aware of and which pounds the numbers down the most. One of the most highly regarded medicine trials, called ALLHAT, found this to be the best. Not sure why it's not one of the first to be prescribed."

andycl May 12, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "I have been on a lot of this type of medication. Benicar almost did me in and I was traveling far from home. Different doctors have prescribed a lot of different meds. I cannot take this type of pill. I almost become crippled with chlorthalidone. It weakens my knees and legs and ankles. I am a type II diabetic on insulin. My morning glucose tests run between 230 and 246. "

Franjacks (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 1, 2014

For High Blood Pressure: "I was already diabetic with hypomagnesia issues, hypercholerstolemia, and only a slightly elevated BP 0f 130/80 in the doctor's office (117/70 outside). My diabetes was well-controlled, but after 3 days on this medication at 25 mg, I had doubled (yes double) my fasting levels and was having significant muscle cramps. This was the only change."

Flamingo6 June 19, 2014

For High Blood Pressure: "Caused fatigue, leg cramps, nausea."

seminole11 (taken for less than 1 month) October 6, 2013

For Edema: "I have tried this medication but in the spanish version (clortalidona) and it works miracales. I love it , because I have a lot of fluid retention. I take it 1-2 times a week and I feel a lot lighter. You can really tell the difference."

amelia h April 16, 2009