User Reviews for Bumetanide

Pulmonary Edema 3.0
Summary of Bumetanide reviews 8.0 10 reviews

Reviews for Bumetanide

tropical_girl · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 10, 2020

For Pulmonary Edema: “Bumex has been a nightmare. It worked very well as diuretic but also lowered my blood pressure radically and triggered my a-fib. Without taking my BP medication my pressure is 98/45. and a-fib. it is difficult to walk. If I stop it my regular medication no longer works, nor does my diuretic.”

Eddie Jo · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 2, 2020

Bumex (bumetanide) for Ascites: “I have non-alcoholic Ascites and Cirrhosis due to Liver Cancer. I gained more than 100 pounds due to fluid retention. I tried 80mg of Lasix two times a day, but had significant side effects (dizziness and ear pressure). I also could not sleep through the night due to nocturia. My doctor switched me to 2mg of Bumex twice a day and I lost 90 pounds in 10 weeks.”

Me · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 18, 2020

Bumex (bumetanide) for Edema: “Works right away. Been taking 2mg for years. Better than other water pills.”

Macass · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 21, 2019

Bumex (bumetanide) for Edema: “Bumex worked great. Took down the swelling of my ankles after Furosemide stopped working. Only problem is that it's very hard on the kidneys especially with a kidney transplant.”

ithinktoomuch · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 1, 2018

Bumex (bumetanide) for Edema: “I got put on Bumex after Lasix stopped working. Bumex is reliable. It works with or without drinking a bunch of water. And the max daily dose is ten 1 mg doses so there is lots of room to increase it for a day if you need to.”

Sydney Bush (UK - NHS) · Taken for 5 to 10 years November 12, 2017

For Edema: “Now aged 88 used for nearly ten years gradually increasing from 1mg to higher doses. No side effects. Now using dialysis plus Bumetanide for best control of ankle swelling. Best of course is to start with CardioRetinometry monitoring of vitamin C needs to avoid kidney failure due to blocked arteries. I learned too late after damage had started and an unusually swollen prostate didn´t help.”

WillNier May 29, 2016

For Edema: “This work very well however I think my Doctor at my next appointment will have to increase the dosage a little. I take 1mg in morning and another 1 mg in afternoon. I think an additional .5mg will do the trick because my feet and ankles still swell by mid afternoon. What I like about this medication is that I have a mild allergy to sulfonamides so I can't take Lasix. Because this drug is fast acting and leaves the system within two hours I have no problem with it. I was taking another but the medication cost $1000. per month and my Prescription Drug Plan would no longer cover it. Apparently Bumetanide is the only other drug out there that will not cause a reaction in me. Thank God.”

Sandy Brettle · Taken for 10 years or more December 11, 2015

For Edema: “I only took them for 3 days because my legs legs went in such funny shapes but I was given these instead of furosemide which any good either but I take such a lot if medication I think one works against the other, but I never see the same doctor twice one gave me forusemide with potassium the next one took the potassium off me. And what can I do. I'm 70 and have taken water tablets for about 25 years and still can't wear shoes. I have to wear slippers to go out in .”

lincolnlady73 July 1, 2015

Bumex (bumetanide) for Edema: “I had whole body swelling, caused by retaining water. I didn't have ankles, I had cankles, lol. I tried lasix, and 2 weeks later, It was down a little.Ankles still swollen just as much, but hands were going back to normal. Upon going to my check up, my doctor decided to try Bumex 2mg. Within 1 week, I was back to normal. The only problem I had with these pills is they're large and sometimes get stuck in my throat.”

Anonymous July 16, 2008

Bumex (bumetanide) for Edema: “This pill was miracle one for me. I helps me so much with the retained fluid in my body.”