User Reviews for Bumetanide

Also known as: Bumex

Learn more about Bumetanide.

Edema 4 reviews 51 medications

7.2
Summary of Bumetanide reviews 4 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Bumetanide

For Edema: "This work very well however I think my Doctor at my next appointment will have to increase the dosage a little. I take 1mg in morning and another 1 mg in afternoon. I think an additional .5mg will do the trick because my feet and ankles still swell by mid afternoon. What I like about this medication is that I have a mild allergy to sulfonamides so I can't take Lasix. Because this drug is fast acting and leaves the system within two hours I have no problem with it. I was taking another but the medication cost $1000. per month and my Prescription Drug Plan would no longer cover it. Apparently Bumetanide is the only other drug out there that will not cause a reaction in me. Thank God."

WillNier May 29, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Edema: "I only took them for 3 days because my legs legs went in such funny shapes but I was given these instead of furosemide which any good either but I take such a lot if medication I think one works against the other, but I never see the same doctor twice one gave me forusemide with potassium the next one took the potassium off me. And what can I do. I'm 70 and have taken water tablets for about 25 years and still can't wear shoes. I have to wear slippers to go out in ."

Sandy Brettle (taken for 10 years or more) December 11, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Bumex (bumetanide) for Edema: "I had whole body swelling, caused by retaining water. I didn't have ankles, I had cankles, lol. I tried lasix, and 2 weeks later, It was down a little.Ankles still swollen just as much, but hands were going back to normal. Upon going to my check up, my doctor decided to try Bumex 2mg. Within 1 week, I was back to normal. The only problem I had with these pills is they're large and sometimes get stuck in my throat."

lincolnlady73 July 1, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Bumex (bumetanide) for Edema: "This pill was miracle one for me. I helps me so much with the retained fluid in my body."

Anonymous July 16, 2008