User Reviews for Bumex

Bumex has an average rating of 7.9 out of 10 from a total of 9 ratings on Drugs.com. 67% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 11% reported a negative experience.

lincolnlady73 · July 1, 2015

For Edema "I had whole body swelling, caused by retaining water. I didn't have ankles, I had cankles, lol. I tried lasix, and 2 weeks later, It was down a little.Ankles still swollen just as much, but hands were going back to normal. Upon going to my check up, my doctor decided to try Bumex 2mg. Within 1 week, I was back to normal. The only problem I had with these pills is they're large and sometimes get stuck in my throat."

Eddie Jo · Taken for 6 months to 1 year · February 2, 2020

For Ascites "I have non-alcoholic Ascites and Cirrhosis due to Liver Cancer. I gained more than 100 pounds due to fluid retention. I tried 80mg of Lasix two times a day, but had significant side effects (dizziness and ear pressure). I also could not sleep through the night due to nocturia. My doctor switched me to 2mg of Bumex twice a day and I lost 90 pounds in 10 weeks."

ithinktoomuch · Taken for 6 months to 1 year · February 1, 2018

For Edema "I got put on Bumex after Lasix stopped working. Bumex is reliable. It works with or without drinking a bunch of water. And the max daily dose is ten 1 mg doses so there is lots of room to increase it for a day if you need to."

Bibi · December 1, 2020

For Edema "At first I was sick for 2 days. I was very dizzy, nauseous and unsteady on my feet. I had to take a day sick leave. I couldn't believe the amount of water I had. Usually I don't go to the loo that often but on the first day after taking the pill, I couldn't believe that I was actually going to the loo so often and for so long. My swollen feet and ankles went down to normal. Afterwards it really did become normal again, I was so chuffed. I do get dizzy at times but I have low blood pressure so I think its caused by that. My Doctor said I can't be on this tablet too long. He only gave me one month's supply. I dread thinking that I have to go off it again because I left it for 2 days to try and prolong the time I can use it. Big mistake! My feet and ankles were so swollen again. It felt as if they could burst. I also felt sick again so I don't know if there is something else I could try."

Mike · Taken for 1 to 2 years · August 30, 2021

For Edema "Absolutely an awful drug. Yes it reduced the edema but caused serious cramping and muscle spasms in both legs and feet! Caused a serious hypokalemia problem. Makes it impossible to sleep at night due to the spams and cramping."

Anonymous · July 16, 2008

For Edema "This pill was miracle one for me. I helps me so much with the retained fluid in my body."

Me · Taken for 2 to 5 years · January 18, 2020

For Edema "Works right away. Been taking 2mg for years. Better than other water pills."

Macass · Taken for 1 to 6 months · November 21, 2019

For Edema "Bumex worked great. Took down the swelling of my ankles after Furosemide stopped working. Only problem is that it's very hard on the kidneys especially with a kidney transplant."

GLS · Taken for 1 to 6 months · September 2, 2022

For Edema "I was given this instead of lasix The side effects are horrible . Every Dr who prescribes it should have to take it to experience this abomination of a drug"