User Reviews for Torsemide

Also known as: Demadex, Demadex IV

Torsemide has an average rating of 5.4 out of 10 from a total of 5 ratings on Drugs.com. 40% of those users who reviewed Torsemide reported a positive effect, while 40% reported a negative effect.

Edema   7.0
High Blood Pressure   4.0
Heart Failure   2.0
Summary of Torsemide reviews 5.4 5 reviews

Jitu · Taken for less than 1 month March 19, 2019

For Heart Failure: “My doctor prescribed me Torsemide in very low doses 5mg on alternate day with spironolactone 25mg once a day, and within 15 days of it's use I developed tinnitus in my left ear, even though it is claimed that this loop diuretics has the least chance of developing tinnitus.”

CH927 September 18, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: “I am a Type 2 diabetic with high blood pressure. I was hospitalized with heart failure due to too much liquid in my system. After leaving the hospital in June I was on lasix. Then the doctor changed me from lasix to torsemide at the end of June. With change in medications I had the following issues. 40 mg twice a day: Extreme Headaches Very high blood sugar for me (235-275) Low blood pressure (sometimes 90/60) Dehydration 20 mg twice a day: Lowered Blood Pressure (almost too much) Blood sugar is in the 190-220 range and I can't get it to a lower number. Originally at 110-125. Lethargic Dizziness I keep getting told the medication is not really responsible for the blood sugar rising like it has. Too much of a coincidence for me.”

larry unhappy January 1, 2017

For Edema: “Took torsemide made me have diarrhea & low out put of urine,The short version it did not work and it made me very sick.”

mhami · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 28, 2016

For Edema: “I find that torsemide works very well for me. I don't take it every day, more like every third or fourth day. The only down side is that if I take it every day I get very painful cramps in my thighs. Now I take Calcium-Magnesium and that seems to reduce the incidense of cramping. If one does happen I also take a tablespoon of mustard, recommended by Dr. Oz on tv, which has turmeric in it and that helps very much also. Torsemide helps greatly with reducing any edema that I have in my ankles, feet and legs. Other than the occasional cramping, I experience no other side effects and I will continue taking this drug.”

Songbird2114 · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 8, 2014

Demadex (torsemide) for Edema: “Torsemide has really been effective in reducing the edema that I suffer from Pulmonary Hypertension. IT really gets out the extra fluid without any harsh side effects. I used to take LAsix (furosemide) and I had to be taken off it after I suffered painful red nodules all up and down my legs. Furosemide was far more harsh than the Demadex and I'm glad my doctor switched me to it.”