User Reviews for Lasix

Pulmonary EdemaNot rated - Add rating1 review 6 medications
Summary of Lasix reviews 7.3 37 reviews

Reviews for Lasix

Big Spurg · Taken for less than 1 month May 10, 2019

For Edema "So I came into the hospital on a Thursday evening for shortness of breath, and two weeks later I'm being treated for edema. I weighed 636lb when I was admitted. Today I weigh just north of 500. 136lbs gone just from fluid my body was storing do to my diagnosed CHF. Most of the weight came off during my 2nd week on the Lasik IV drip. We have been going slow so that I don't get cramps and dr is doing blood work every morning at 4am."

Lea · Taken for less than 1 month March 6, 2019

For Edema "Seems the more I take it the worse the swelling"

Sara · Taken for less than 1 month October 5, 2018

For Pulmonary Edema "I have been taking lasix for 2 days now. My swelling seems to come and go. I was swollen in my stomach, thighs, ankles and feet. I couldn't walk and I was short of breathe. Thankfully with lasix I am able to walk and swelling going down. I take 40mg in the morning time"

chris · Taken for less than 1 month September 1, 2018

For Edema "I was put on the med and I became extremely confused (couldn't even remember what house I lived in) and I was at home. So weak I could hardly get out of bed. 3 weeks later I was changed to hydrochlorathiazide for 2 weeks with the same effect, just not quite so severe . I quit all this type of med and within 24 hours I could tell a difference. I even did some grocery shopping today. The first time in 6 weeks I was exhausted to say the least but at least I was able to do it. No I didn't carry them in , nor have to them put away. But I was able to do it. I can't wait to see the progress tomorrow. So in conclusion BE CAREFUL"

cat16davis · Taken for less than 1 month June 14, 2018

For Edema "I have developed peeling of skin on my legs. I have bilateral leg edema."

HANA · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 19, 2018

For High Blood Pressure "After taking lasix for about 5 weeks I had violent allergy with hospitalization"

Jude · Taken for less than 1 month March 19, 2018

For Edema "Lasix (a potassium-depleting drug) made me pee a lot, but didn't do much to decrease swelling. Then I started taking spironolactone (a potassium-sparing drug ) and almost overnight I lost almost 10 pounds of excess water. I think the Lasix depleted too much potassium, causing too much retention of sodium (which in turn caused water retention). Note: My diet all along has been low sodium."

Noelle · Taken for less than 1 month February 25, 2018

For Edema "I developed idiopathic (so far my docs are clueless) systemic inflammation over the course of 2 wks or so. Plus hypertensive crisis (202/110), never had BP problems before. I’m 5’5 and 120 lbs, but I looked like the Michelin Man after eating the Pillsbury Doughboy. Doc prescribed Lasix, wonderdrug! Peed like a horse for 2 days, almost back to normal. Unfortunately, however, the inflammation seems to have damaged my epidermis. My skin from knees on up to my chest looks like I vomited cottage cheese over it. :("

trasmus3 October 2, 2017

For Edema "Much foot and leg swelling. Just finished 9 days hospitalization for pneumonia. Took steroid for several days after discharge. As I quit steroid swelling started so I ended up starting lasix. Urination every 2 hours. I have high blood pressure. Atrial fibrulation. Tremendous sweating. Edema is slowly going down."

Furr March 14, 2017

For Edema "Excellent RX. Have taken 40mg PRN for foot and ankle swelling. It shows response within 12 hours. Have had zero side effects. Will use as ordered."

Peeps Widow · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 4, 2016

For Edema "I have severe Lymphadima and venous edema with pitting. I made the mistake of taking the medicine at night and was up urinating every 30-40 minutes in large quantities all night. This medicine made me extremely thirsty so you have to be sure to drink plenty of water when taking this medicine."

San321 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 26, 2016

For High Blood Pressure "Every medication you take going to have some kind of side effects. Whether it's prescribed or OTC. This has always help me."

DangerousDrug · Taken for less than 1 month October 1, 2016

For High Blood Pressure "Had a Renal Nuclear Scan with Lasix Injection for die contrast to appear on the scan to identify the source of blockage in a kidney. Prior to the scan, 5 weeks of recovering from an Upper Respiratory Infection including Bronchitis, all of my URTI symptoms returned with a severe cough and esophagus (throat) constriction DURING the 45 minute scan after the Lasix was injected. Fortunately, I was in a hospital where they treated me immediately for the allergic reaction. READ all of the interactions and side effects. After 12 hours, I feel much better."

Dropzonewhiplass February 5, 2016

For Edema "20 mg three times aday. First day ? Nothing ,so far! I'm sure ,or at least I'm thinking its to early to tell diff yet. We shall see"

MarlboroFiona · Taken for less than 1 month November 22, 2015

For Edema "I was prescribed the generic form of Lasix a few days ago for severe peripheral edema. The doctor had me taking 20 mg twice a day for three days and now I'm taking 20 mg. So far, I have notice only a subtle difference/improvement in the major swelling of my feet, ankles, legs and abdomen. I am experiencing an increase in frequency of urination, as others have described, but it doesn't seem like I 'm voiding enough, which may be why I am still so swollen. It has been only four days on Lasix and I am in terrible pain. Hopefully, the swelling will subside or at least decrease, otherwise, I will be contacting the MD for advice. I have also experienced headaches daily since I began the medication. I have been extremely dizzy as well."

Kenny S 63 July 16, 2015

For High Blood Pressure "lowered both sys and dia by 15 with no side effects"

Made my eyes burn after a week · Taken for less than 1 month April 15, 2015

For High Blood Pressure "I used this med along with Cardizem-Lasix was supposed to also help control serious swelling in my feet from the Cardizem, in addition to aiding in controlling my blood pressure. The only issue I had with it is that it made my eyes burn very badly by making them very dry. I have dry eyes anyway, so that didn't help. It also didn't control the swelling in my feet, but did help with blood pressure."

Laurie Dagere January 5, 2015

For Edema "I started taking this medication when I was in my early 20's for edema. I take 80 mg a day for 20 years now. If I miss a day I go up about 12 lbs on the scale. This medication has worked wonders for me but it is hard to take if you need to leave the house. I can pee up to 20 times in 4 hours. Other than the inconvenience. It is a fantastic medication for me."

David Thompson · Taken for less than 1 month August 1, 2014

For High Blood Pressure "At 20 mg once a day, after three days Lasix dropped my blood pressure 20 points, both systolic and diastolic, with NO side effects. Lasix is on the WHO list."

Choir pork April 13, 2014

For Edema "My cardiologist put me on Lasix over a month ago due to edema of the legs and ankles. My rate of urination was about every 45 minutes nowhere as bad as some of the reviewers. I refilled my prescription and noticed an immediate change. Instead of every 45 minutes, it changed to every hour and a half. The only difference is the manufacturer. The Lasix made by Sandoz seems to work fine. "

JohnHalo January 28, 2014

For Edema "I stated taking Furosemide yesterday for swelling in my feet and ankles. Right after taking it I had to make a 100 mile drive and ended up stopping 5 times en route to pee. The swelling has already decreased a LOT, and I am able to walk again without pain. I had pretty bad nausea after both doses. I am taking 40 mg once a day. I had to call in sick today as the nausea was causing vomiting. I'll try taking it after work. I went back to bed after calling in sick today and my cat that always sleeps on me was quite annoyed at trips to the bathroom every 10 minutes."

sister lukr · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 27, 2014

For Edema "Feet ankles and legs still badly swollen each day."

T42Grammy · Taken for less than 1 month July 29, 2013

For Heart Failure "Experienced palpitations."

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 25, 2012

"This has helped swelling, but becomes tiring. "

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month June 24, 2012

For Edema "I started taking Lasix 6/23. After 1 night I can tell a difference in the fluid around my left kidney and liver. The pressure is less. Thank you Lasix."