User Reviews for Lasix

High Blood Pressure 5 reviews 264 medications

7.3
Summary of Lasix reviews 28 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Lasix

For Edema "Excellent RX. Have taken 40mg PRN for foot and ankle swelling. It shows response within 12 hours. Have had zero side effects. Will use as ordered."

Furr March 14, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Edema "I have severe Lymphadima and venous edema with pitting. I made the mistake of taking the medicine at night and was up urinating every 30-40 minutes in large quantities all night. This medicine made me extremely thirsty so you have to be sure to drink plenty of water when taking this medicine."

Peeps Widow (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 4, 2016

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure "Every medication you take going to have some kind of side effects. Whether it's prescribed or OTC. This has always help me."

San321 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 26, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure "Had a Renal Nuclear Scan with Lasix Injection for die contrast to appear on the scan to identify the source of blockage in a kidney. Prior to the scan, 5 weeks of recovering from an Upper Respiratory Infection including Bronchitis, all of my URTI symptoms returned with a severe cough and esophagus (throat) constriction DURING the 45 minute scan after the Lasix was injected. Fortunately, I was in a hospital where they treated me immediately for the allergic reaction. READ all of the interactions and side effects. After 12 hours, I feel much better."

DangerousDrug (taken for less than 1 month) October 1, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Edema "20 mg three times aday. First day ? Nothing ,so far! I'm sure ,or at least I'm thinking its to early to tell diff yet. We shall see"

Dropzonewhiplass February 5, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Edema "I was prescribed the generic form of Lasix a few days ago for severe peripheral edema. The doctor had me taking 20 mg twice a day for three days and now I'm taking 20 mg. So far, I have notice only a subtle difference/improvement in the major swelling of my feet, ankles, legs and abdomen. I am experiencing an increase in frequency of urination, as others have described, but it doesn't seem like I 'm voiding enough, which may be why I am still so swollen. It has been only four days on Lasix and I am in terrible pain. Hopefully, the swelling will subside or at least decrease, otherwise, I will be contacting the MD for advice. I have also experienced headaches daily since I began the medication. I have been extremely dizzy as well."

MarlboroFiona (taken for less than 1 month) November 22, 2015

64 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure "lowered both sys and dia by 15 with no side effects"

Kenny S 63 July 16, 2015

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure "I used this med along with Cardizem-Lasix was supposed to also help control serious swelling in my feet from the Cardizem, in addition to aiding in controlling my blood pressure. The only issue I had with it is that it made my eyes burn very badly by making them very dry. I have dry eyes anyway, so that didn't help. It also didn't control the swelling in my feet, but did help with blood pressure."

Made my eyes burn after a week (taken for less than 1 month) April 15, 2015

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Edema "I started taking this medication when I was in my early 20's for edema. I take 80 mg a day for 20 years now. If I miss a day I go up about 12 lbs on the scale. This medication has worked wonders for me but it is hard to take if you need to leave the house. I can pee up to 20 times in 4 hours. Other than the inconvenience. It is a fantastic medication for me."

Laurie Dagere January 5, 2015

107 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure "At 20 mg once a day, after three days Lasix dropped my blood pressure 20 points, both systolic and diastolic, with NO side effects. Lasix is on the WHO list."

David Thompson (taken for less than 1 month) August 1, 2014

53 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Edema "My cardiologist put me on Lasix over a month ago due to edema of the legs and ankles. My rate of urination was about every 45 minutes nowhere as bad as some of the reviewers. I refilled my prescription and noticed an immediate change. Instead of every 45 minutes, it changed to every hour and a half. The only difference is the manufacturer. The Lasix made by Sandoz seems to work fine. "

Choir pork April 13, 2014

99 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Edema "I stated taking Furosemide yesterday for swelling in my feet and ankles. Right after taking it I had to make a 100 mile drive and ended up stopping 5 times en route to pee. The swelling has already decreased a LOT, and I am able to walk again without pain. I had pretty bad nausea after both doses. I am taking 40 mg once a day. I had to call in sick today as the nausea was causing vomiting. I'll try taking it after work. I went back to bed after calling in sick today and my cat that always sleeps on me was quite annoyed at trips to the bathroom every 10 minutes."

JohnHalo January 28, 2014

112 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Edema "Feet ankles and legs still badly swollen each day."

sister lukr (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 27, 2014

85 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Heart Failure "Experienced palpitations."

T42Grammy (taken for less than 1 month) July 29, 2013

30 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This has helped swelling, but becomes tiring. "

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 25, 2012

32 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Edema "I started taking Lasix 6/23. After 1 night I can tell a difference in the fluid around my left kidney and liver. The pressure is less. Thank you Lasix."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 24, 2012

72 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Edema "I have a genetic condition called Venous Insufficiency, which doesn't allow the blood & fluid to be returned from my lower legs & feet, so they swell and the skin can start to break down, which opens up the opportunity for infection. Have been taking Furosemide 40mg 1x day for over a year now - it is the only thing that keeps me from being in the hospital all the time with infections that require IV antibiotics. The only side effects I've noticed are the very frequent urination (not really a side effect, it's what the drug is *supposed* to do, as it flushes fluids out of the body), and aching in my legs and feet as the fluid leaves - I can only assume that is caused by my body trying to push the fluid out."

Anonymous May 14, 2012

143 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Edema "I've been taking Lasix for about 10 years for swelling in my feet/ankles. I only have one kidney and have hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. I take 80 mg in the morning. It does not always take all the swelling out, but if I miss just one dose, I can tell it by the afternoon. Of course, if I take it in the afternoon, I'm up all night. NOTE: There IS a difference in taking the Lasix as opposed to the generic furosemide. For me, the generic is absolutely useless. My mother had the same problem, so maybe it's genetic. I've taken as much as 200 mg of generic at one time with no effect whatsoever. I've noticed no side effects from the Lasix."

Anonymous February 4, 2011

103 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Edema "I took my 40 mg today have peed 5 times this past 2 hours, other than that so far I feel fine. This is a first for me to ever take a water pill, but so far it seems to do its job. "

Anonymous November 5, 2010

84 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Edema "I have had pitting edema, severe water retention all over my body mainly my face, hands, ankles, feet and lower legs. I to have felt the side effects of the side aches and leg discomfort. BUt have come to find out I also suffered from RLS ( restless leg syndrome). I do suffer from very minor headaches. But when one day you are swollen as a balloon and about 2 to 3 days later your are unswollen. I first started out on 10 mg as needed, then had to go up to 20mg when required, then daily. Then eventually kept raising it by 20 after that to 40mg daily. Then I ended up having to take 2 x 40 mg daily, 2 x a day. I also have insulin resistance/metabolic syndrome so that may have something to do with it. I'm now at 80mg daily."

ksop September 30, 2010

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Edema "Best medication I have found and it works. I have tried OTC fluid pills and some other prescription fluid pills, none of them work as well as the Lasix /Furosemide."

KSOP September 30, 2010

82 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Edema "I really had edema all over my body (i.e. face, hands, feet), but especially on my legs! I went to my doctor and she prescribed this medication to me, it's working like magic! I take it in the morning as soon I wake up, I noticed it's more effective taken on empty stomach, then after breakfast and so on. I had to deal with some headaches(minor), but it was definitely worth it!!"

Anonymous August 2, 2010

93 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Edema "I have been using Lasix in combination with Hydrochlorothiazide for 6 months for pitting edema/hypertension and it's effects seem to have worn off. I started on 20mg once a day for 2 months then up to 40mg once a day for the last 4 months. Now my legs are back to swelling as much as if I were taking nothing. My blood pressure is good though. Side effects, headaches."

LJB_VA May 6, 2010

70 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Edema "I have taken Lasix for a week to reduce the swelling in my legs. It's working fine and I feel better. The side effects are manageable. I have to pee a lot, and I've had to deal with some headaches."

Jill J. April 6, 2010

84 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Edema "I was only able to take 40mg once. It took all the strength out of my legs - I couldn't even stand up."

njmonica December 3, 2009