Are losartan and losartan potassium the same or different drugs?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Oct 17, 2022.
I take Lasix 120 mg and four KlorKon 25 mg per day. Losartan was ordered but what I received, according to the pill identifier, was losartan potassium. Is it the same thing?
Losartan and Losartan Potassium are the same thing. Losartan Potassium is the full name including the salt (potassium). Both will deliver the stated amount of losartan.
For more information on Losartan click on the link below:
Related medical questions
- Does Losartan block the receptor used by the Coronavirus?
- Can you eat bananas when taking losartan?
- Losartan vs Valsartan - What's the difference between them?
- Does losartan cause rapid heart rate, irregular heartbeat or low blood pressure?
- Should you drink a lot of water when taking Lasix?
- How long after taking Lasix would you expect to urinate?
- Can you take Lasix for weight loss?
- What are the equivalent dosages of bumetanide, furosemide & torsemide?