Are losartan and losartan potassium the same drug or two different ones?
I take Lasix 120 mg and four KlorKon 25 mg per day. Losartan was ordered but what I received, according to the pill identifier, was losartan potassium. Is it the same thing?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Oct 27, 2020.
Losartan and Losartan Potassium are the same thing. Losartan Potassium is the full name including the salt (potassium). Both will deliver the stated amount of losartan.
For more information on Losartan click on the link below:
Related Medical Questions
- Does Losartan block the receptor used by the Coronavirus?
- Losartan vs Valsartan - What's the difference between them?
- Does losartan cause rapid heart rate, irregular heartbeat or low blood pressure?
- How long after taking Lasix pill would you expect to urinate?
- Can you take Lasix for weight loss?