How long after taking Lasix would you expect to urinate?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Oct 30, 2023.
Is it within hours? Or will it take all day?
The onset of increased urine production (diuresis) after taking Lasix orally is within 1 hour. The peak diuretic effect occurs within the first or second hour, which then reduces over the next 6 to 8 hours.
For more information on Lasix see:
Related medical questions
- Should you drink a lot of water when taking Lasix?
- Are losartan and losartan potassium the same or different drugs?
- Can you take Lasix for weight loss?
- What are the equivalent dosages of bumetanide, furosemide & torsemide?
- Lasix Information for Consumers
- Lasix prescribing info & package insert (for Health Professionals)
- Side Effects of Lasix (detailed)
Related support groups
- Lasix (28 questions, 72 members)