User Reviews for Losartan

High Blood Pressure
5.7

Summary of Losartan reviews 5.8 266 reviews

Reviews for Losartan

For High Blood Pressure: "Taken Losarten since Nov 2017, for high blood pressure. Have stuffy nose and terrible panic attacks randomly. Pain in knee and hip. Become very depressed and extremely anxious. Not a good medication for me and it doesn't bring my bp down at all. Taking 25mg and Dr wants me to take another extra dose of 12.mg but l refuse as cannot begin to contemplate how much more l will suffer with more of the dreaded stuff. Am going to research other options now and get off this. Had enough."

Sunnydaysahead June 10, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "Losartan tore me up. I weighted 205lb when I started it....Doc said to quit taking it when I hit 188lb. Had me crying and praying for the pain in my head to go away, the shakes, woke up in the middle of the night with light flashes in my eyes, panic/anxiety attacks, rapid heart beats, my eyes felt like they were going to pop out of my head, ribs hurt, gut hurt, zero energy, blurred vision...nasty stuff. They said it would take time for it to go away."

Tim (taken for less than 1 month) May 20, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "Be aware a lot of people gain weight! I only took it for 3 months. I’d lost 10 pounds just prior to starting. I’ve gained the 10+ I that short time while still working out 4 times a week and food journaling. Thankfully my cardiologist and primary drs agreed to change it this week. Hopeful the week will start coming off."

DebTx (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 12, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "Overall, Losartan has been amazing EXCEPT one side effect. I'm losing my hair."

Kristian (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 24, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "After one year of taking Losartan 100, I am still experiencing constant dizziness, extreme fatigue, brain fog, and muscle pain. My doctor said me it has nothing to do with Losartan when I first started to have these side effects. And my BP is up and down around 140/90."

miketdc (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 23, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "Hard to swallow"

Little rock (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 20, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "I was put on Losartan because of the bad side effects from Valsartan (gout). My main concern is Losartan's side effects of fatigue when you are trying to do anything physical and brain fog where at times your memory clarity is affected. Simple words just seem to not be there when talking where I had a clear mind before taking Losartan. The mental aspect is really hard to handle."

chuck (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 14, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "no side effects"

dan (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 24, 2018

Cozaar (losartan) for High Blood Pressure: "I was actually prescribed Benicar 3 months ago for my newly diagnosed HBP, but my insurance company contacted my doctor and informed them Benicar wasn't covered under my plan, so they switched me to Losartan. I have to break the pill in half, and I feel like my dosage is compromised doing so. The first thing I noticed was headaches, nausea and brain fog. When I mentioned this to both my GP and a specialist I go to, they both said to wait a couple more weeks until I have been on it a while. Now I have joint pain, tingling in legs and feet, and I notice my feet swell in my shoes. The swelling isn't noticeable, but I can feel it in my shoes. I plan to see my GP this coming week. I am frustrated I want to start an exercise program. I am not terribly overweight, but I don't know how much exercise I can do with all this joint pain (especially knees). What are my options for a medication change, and will all the meds in this class give me the same side effects?"

Blondie March 17, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "My mother 83 has been on losartan 50 for nearly one year. Since then she has anxiety. She also takes amlodipine 10mg and Propranolol 20+10. Her blood pressure is normal now but she suffers from anxiety too much."

Pari March 12, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "I went on this medication 50mg after having horrible side effects with Novapril(?). It lowered my blood pressure no big side effects to speak of. Now in month 4, I am exhausted and dizzy. Wasn't sure what was going on as I am just getting over the flu. Then I went to my dentist who also takes blood pressure readings. It was 90/58! So I will have to make another Dr. appointment and see about lowering the dose. I might take half a pill see if I feel better in a couple days. So it works you just need to find the right dosage."

Tamaya (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 5, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "I've been taking this drug for about three years and it works well on me compared to Lisinopril. That drug made my blood pressure fluctuate to much."

Jerry (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 5, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "Marginally controlled the high pressure. After a few weeks I noticed pulse intermittently in left ear and more noticeable at immediate pressure changes i.e. standing up from a stoop. After 1 yr pulsatile tinnitus unbearable, stopped the medication and in 1 day 50% better, 3 days 90% disappeared. calling the doctor to switch to a diff acting med."

123 (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 5, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "Losartan 50mg was the worst medication I have ever had the side affects was bad thought I was going to die"

Harry March 5, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "I took this drug at 25MG. Made me feel horrible after one week. Lowered my BP only 3 points. I got off of this, and started taking Beetroot and for the first 3 days on it, BP has been 123/82 on average!! Beetroot is an excellent alternative!!! Losoratan also gave me severe cramps in my joints and pain!! If possible, find a natural remedy!!"

AJ March 5, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "I was taking Losartan at maximum dose of 100mg with clonidine, and imdur daily did it no longer was controlling my BP. It got up to 200/100...I switched to Olmesartan 40mg daily and within a day my BP dropped to 160/85 next day 140/80 then down to 119/64 and lowered dose to 20mg with 1 clonidine and 1 imdur"

Juliette (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 28, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "Was on Lisinopril for many years until I developed allergies. Losartan has the least side effects of most ACE and ARB's but is the least potent. Most people complain about insomnia from any ARB and this was true for me. I found that if I go above 50 mg of Losartan I will experience insomnia and restlessness. Currently taking only 50 mg but this does not always control the seasonal spikes in the 150 / 95. Most of the time my BP averages 130 / 80, however."

Jimbo (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 26, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "Was changed to this from metoprolol because I needed a non beta blocker medicine for my blood pressure, beta blocker interfered dangerously with my necessary allergy shots. After 1 day I was vomiting non stop, had noticeable tremors in my extremities, horrible migraines, persistent cough, nausea, and tremendously painful muscle cramps in my lower back (on top of my degenerative back disease's constant pain). Tried calling my doctor but never heard back so I flushed this poison down the toilet. Still experiencing the vomiting and tremors 2 days after stopping the medicine. This is by far the worst medication I have ever been on."

bookworminsc February 13, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "I have been taking 50mg of losartan for over 3 years. BP had been averaging 130-140 and 80 to 85. Now it is typically something like 117 over 75. Side effects have been quite minor. I believe I get a slight dry cough and occasional dizziness. I take it at bed time - relegating those side effects to the night. Bonus: I sometimes suffer from gout. I believe this med reduces uric acid - a welcome plus. Bottom line: works really well for me."

Sensible Bon (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 13, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "Was originally started on 50mg of Losartan. My BP was not coming down at all so my doctor upped the dose to 100mg daily. Felt absolutely dreadful, blurred vision, runny eyes, runny nose, swollen painful knees, legs and ankles, but still the BP readings were very high. Since then Losartan reduced back to 50mg and another med has been added plus a mild diuretic. BP not brilliant but better than before. My knees, legs and ankles are so painful (muscles and joints) that many days walking is virtually impossible. I had muscle pain in the tops of my arms and thighs. Two weeks ago I reduced the Losartan down to 25mg daily. Within three days the awful tinny taste in my mouth in the mornings virtually disappeared, the muscle pain in arms and one leg virtually disappeared! Now just have pain in one leg, and will be speaking to my doctor next week about coming off Losartan completely."

Susie Nick. (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 8, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "panic, BP spikes that scare me 190 over 105 ,always jittery ,depressed ,cold and scared"

Ayda (taken for less than 1 month) January 27, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "heart rate too fast"

Anonymous January 19, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "My heart seems to race at times eg. it really pounds. But I don't have any chest pains. Sometimes upon arising I get dizzy"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 7, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "2nd day on this drug due to bp being 160/100 and I feel like I’m going to freak out and I’m having trouble peeing I wanna give it a chance but I also don’t wanna die :("

Anthonyjbro (taken for less than 1 month) January 4, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "The drug caused tiredness and cold night sweats. Got off a week ago and 0 night sweats."

gp7777333000 January 3, 2018