User Reviews for Losartan systemic

High Blood Pressure
5.4

Summary of Losartan reviews 5.5 313 reviews

Reviews for Losartan

For High Blood Pressure: "I have been on Losartan 50mg for years. I was concerned that with the recall my Dr would suggest another. I also take Metoprolol 100mg E R. I have to say that I have never experienced any problems with Losartan. In fact I felt better within a few weeks of taking it . I have experienced insomnia once in a while, but I changed the time of day I take Losartan. I take it early morning. It seemed to help. Of course everyone is different with different sensitivities. All I can say is give it a chance. You may find like I did that it is the best medication for you. I am hoping it isn't recalled. The best to everyone."

Me (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 1, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "I have been using losartan 25mg for over 10 years. I was switched from lisinopril because it caused me to cough too much. Losartan has kept my BP down to pretty much normal levels. Possible side effects (first two of which I doubt are Losartan caused) are hair loss, frequent urination and diarrhea. First one could just be natural/hereditary. All the men in my family have or had thinned hair as they got old. Second one could be reduced kidney function due to being pre-diabetic which was undiagnosed for years. The last one, diarrhea is one I think is most likely to be an actual side effect. Though I would prefer to just call it soft/watery stools. I don't go any more often than I did before Losartan. I will bring it up at my next Doctor visit though. Overall a great medication for blood pressure."

Iconoclast (taken for 10 years or more) November 28, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "Give me a headache every time I take one."

Lulu November 26, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "Started on Losartan 100 almost a month ago. Nausea & insomnia followed immediately. Now I have a rash on my breast. Don’t know if it’s connected. As for bp it lowered it to the 130s over high 80s. I have to take something to sleep or I am up at 3 nightly. Just awful."

Lucci (taken for less than 1 month) November 13, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "Have been on Losartan for 7 weeks. Noticed immediate lowering of my BP which was good. But a little over a month into it, after a neck procedure, I started having awful belching daily, chest discomfort, slight pain in my jaw, and back pain where I hadn't had pain before. The belching and chest pain is the worst!!! Sleep fine at night. Though I wake up to a headache a couple times a week. About ready to try something else. Can't stand the indigestion and chest discomfort.....and constant worry about heart attack."

sandypr (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 10, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "I have been on it for two weeks. I sleep fine so no problems on that side but I have to urinate all the time and my GI track was sideways for the first week on it. My BP was 165/100 before taking 100mg daily and now it's 160/105 so not sure if it's worth taking. I did notice my heart rate increased from 82 up to 100 sitting still on it. Guess I'm burning calories doing nothing but now I worry about blowing a heart valve if this keeps up in the long run. Going to give it another few weeks and then dump it if I don't see results. No need to further poison myself on this if it's not working."

JJ (taken for less than 1 month) October 29, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "I have elevated bp and my pcp started me on 25mg of Losartan. I have only taken 2 doses so my experience with this drug is limited. In terms of side effects: Dose 1 ~ within 24 hours I had some mild muscle cramps, headache/migraine and trouble concentrating. Dose 2 ~ I still seem to have some trouble concentrating (like brain fog) plus I am feeling nauseous and a bit light headed. In terms of bp, it says this drug can take a while to impact elevated or high bp. After 24 hours of 1st dose, my bp went from around 148/91 to 103/69. After 2nd dose, readings were closer to 120/71. I do have a sensitive stomach so that could be why I am feeling nauseous with this drug."

J (female, 46 yrs) (taken for less than 1 month) October 27, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "Dr's have been trying to find the correct hypertension medications for me, some do nothing at all and at least one had the opposite effect. So 2 months now on Losartan 50 mg once daily and supplemented by another medication medium dose. Is working going on 2 months now and aside from occasional diarrhea have had no serious side effects unlike the others."

Ackack (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 26, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "Have been on this for 2 months now, switching from Atenolol. Mostly switched since I was told it would help with cardiac output for running. While it does get my HR to rise, and my BP to stay close to normal, the side effects are not worth it. (Leg weakness, cramps, stomach pain, and worst off is my running times have dropped drastically) Just going to switch back to Atenolol if my BP starts rising again."

Run5k (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 20, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "I was removed from Valsartan after the recall. I had been on Valsartan for over 15 years. I am currently adjusting to Losartan 50mg. The past 3 weeks have been upsetting. I am very glad that I read some reviews by others. I hope that my comment will ease someone else’s mind. The effects have been....horrible dizziness and lightheadedness...anxiety presented as fluttering heart and shakiness. I did not put it together right away, but I am convinced it is my body adjusting to new/different chemicals."

Doglady (taken for less than 1 month) October 10, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "I began taking Lisinopril in 5/2017, within 2 week started having upper back, shoulder, arm and rib pain on my right side. Just got a brand new desk and chair at work and thought that was the culprit. Started seeing a Chiropractor, didn't seem to help. 7/31/17 ER room felt like I was having a heart attack, so made it worse and had a panic attack on top of it. They did all precautionary testing, good news my heart was fine. But I explained I had a cough form the BP I was on so the switched me to 25mg Losarten, things got worse. Been to a Rheumatologist, ENT and GI specialist and back in the ER. After extensive bloodwork, X-rays Ultrasounds CT scans, medications that I probably don't need. I am finally convinced it is the Losartan. Which has caused Acid Reflux, high liver enzymes and recently diagnosis with non alcoholic fatty liver. I have started to wean myself off them. When I see my GP next month I am telling either switch it or I will not be taking BP medicine."

Miserable October 4, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "Been on losartan for 2 months and have had jaw pain ever since. Will call dr to try another medicine. Also on metoprolol and eliquis"

Maur (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 1, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "I started taking of Sartain about two weeks ago because of the valsartan recall. I am so anxious and jittery with this medication. I hope it passes because I can’t go on like this"

Yvonne (taken for less than 1 month) September 30, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "I have been taking Losartan for between 6 months and a year. I immediately had horrible insomnia. Doctor gave me different things to help with sleep but not much use. I tried dividing the dose and take half in the morning and almost passed out in the grocery store, so I limited it to half in the evening only. For the past month I have had an increase in migraines to nearly every other day whereas I used to get them only a couple times a month. Now over the past 2 weeks I have developed painful sinusitis and been prescribed antibiotics and prednizone. Doesn't seem to be helping. Tried going back on whole dose and was awake at 2 am and have horrible headache and my BP seems higher than ever."

cm (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 29, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "I started taking Losartan 100 MG over a month ago due to Volsartan recall. Not pleased with it at all. Tiredness, diarrhea, moodiness, headaches, body pain, nausea, heartburn and lightheaded. Dr. Added 25 MG HCTZ that really wreaked havoc. Ended up in dr office and urgent clinic 3 times in a week. May look into another class of BP med. Dr said the other classes have more side effects though. Especially Beta Blockers."

Lynn (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 26, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "I am on 37.5 mg Losartan after switching from amlodipine. It has probably caused symptoms like I can't take a deep breath, having a cough. I need to urinate often and it relaxes your blood vessels, so that makes sense. Exercise is the best thing to keep my BP down and I'm trying to lose weight so I can get off BP medications completely. I walk on the treadmill or stairmaster at lunch and my BP is lower on days I exercise. I encourage everyone to really try to lose just 10 pounds - if you lose even 10 pounds you can probably lower your dose of the medication (under your doctor's advice) and the smaller dosage you need to take, the fewer side effects you will have! Just try it - I wish you luck!"

Patty September 24, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "I was switched to this after Valsartan was recalled. Didn't make the connection but have been taking it almost 2 months. In the beginning I was very anxious and shaky. I had to go to a neurologist. Then I had terrible hip pain and back pain. Then I developed random hives. Doctor took me off and I feel better. I am only on a diuretic and don't want any HBP pills again if I can control it by lifestyle changes."

Judes (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 24, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "I have every side effect. I take 25 mg and was taking in the morning but I could hardly pick my legs up. Pain everywhere. Very sluggish. All I want to do is go back and lay down. No motivation. Called Doctor to get another pill with less side effects and his response was per the nurse "you are on the lowest dose and if you can't stand the side effects just don't take it" I am one miserable lady and just mad at my Doctor "

Lil (taken for less than 1 month) September 24, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "I was recently put on Losartan after the Diovan Recall. First month caused cramping all over my body. Then, major stomach pain in my upper abdominal. Last week was hospitalized after violently vomiting and the horrible pain. CAT Scan showed inflamed pancreas and irritated colon. I thought I was having a heart attack. This drug is dangerous. I already have NAFLD (Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease) and this just made it worse."

VW (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 24, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "I switched to this medication from Enalapril as I was experiencing an annoying cough. I literally took the first dose yesterday (50mg).Was tired all day but did not connect the 2. Then by 8pm I was noticing labored breathing and shortness of breath when simply sitting watching TV!. Woke up around 5.30am short of breath too. Today I went to the gym as normal but I am still finding breathing a bit labored. Went back to Enalapril in the meantime. But all this after one dose? Thought it was coincidence but I see others having issues. Will not be taking it again. It does lower BP but being able to breathe would be nice:)"

LeePenman (taken for less than 1 month) September 22, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "I’ve just switched from Valsartan (due to the recall) to Losartan 50mg about a week ago. I’ve started feeling constantly anxious and as if I’m about to come down with a big cold. Because my bp isn’t too high the Dr said I can stop this and explore options, so am stopping tomorrow. Yuck."

Wally (taken for less than 1 month) September 21, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "I took this drug for the first time yesterday and had SEVERE chest pains radiating to my back, arm and upper stomach. It scared the heck out of me. "

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 18, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "This medicine made me very sick several times, fever flu like symptoms, severe leg pain, sleepy all the time. Depressed. Vomiting. Sore throat."

Wally (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 17, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "Was taken off all BP medications about a year ago after lifestyle changes eliminated the need. Due to recent stress situations, hypertension came back. BP was 180/100. Went to doctor who put me back on Losartan Potassium 50 mg. It's been a couple weeks now and my BP is down to 120/80 range, which is good. However, side effects are so debilitating. Wheezing, dry cough, headache, mood swings, irregular heartbeat (scary), heartburn, and worst effect is the inability to concentrate. I'm in a total fog, but thinking clearly enough to remember this was some of the same stuff I dealt with over the years I was taking it before, though less intense back then. Maybe my sensitivity has increased since being off it for a while and coming back to it. Nasty stuff. I can't go on taking it and have contacted my doctor."

Wally (taken for less than 1 month) September 14, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "I have been on this for 15 years following a triple bypass op. Until recently I did not connect my problems with this drug. Now all the constant need to urinate, the hip pain, the runny nose, the dizziness , the shakes, the tinnitus, the itchy skin, the dry mouth, all fall into place. I am expecting my Annual Heart check up this month, I stopped taking Losartan recently in order to test my symptoms before the appointment."

Bolter September 14, 2018