User Reviews for Losartan

Also known as: Cozaar

Learn more about Losartan.

Diabetic Kidney Disease 3 reviews 13 medications

9.2
High Blood Pressure 189 reviews 264 medications

5.9
Summary of Losartan reviews 192 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Losartan

For High Blood Pressure: "I have been taking this medication for high blood pressure and experience pounding and a high pitch ringing in my left ear."

Ms. D February 23, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For High Blood Pressure: "I've was prescribed losartan 50mg daily 4 weeks ago. Went to the Doctor today still getting high BP reading? Now what"

EileenG (taken for less than 1 month) February 18, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For High Blood Pressure: "I like this drug. I had tried hydrochlorothiazide and my glucose and uric acid elevated. My doctor talked with me and put me on this instead. She started me on 25 mg. No adverse effects but nothing major happened in lowering BP. She moved me to 50 mg and better but still not consistent. Now on 100 mg and its consistently lower, seems to have relaxed my lungs and heart and I sleep better. No cough or other side effects."

Nancy from San Diego (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 16, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For High Blood Pressure: "I'm a 46 yr old female athlete with a BMI of 21 and BP was 161/100 (go figure). I tried several medications and suffered side effects - e.g. amlodipine (swelling), lisinopril (coughing), valsartan (diarrhea). I feel great on 50 MG of losartan. No side effects."

virgojg (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 11, 2017

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For High Blood Pressure: "I have experienced a stuffed nose taking the blood pressure pill losartan"

Dell tin (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 10, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For High Blood Pressure: "This drug does what it was designed and intended to do. It is prescribed for mild or moderate high blood pressure. It was intended for very high or severe high blood pressure."

wra2017 February 8, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For High Blood Pressure: "Was prescribed this medication for elevated BP. I have been taking it for two months not and there is NO change whatsoever in my elevated BP."

Zivan (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 5, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For High Blood Pressure: "Muscle pain Max dosage does not bring my BP to a safe level Only staying with it because I've tried dozens of others with extreme side effects"

Rezrover (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 19, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For High Blood Pressure: "severe pain in knees and legs, making walking or kneeling almost impossible."

joeyy (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 18, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For High Blood Pressure: "Brings bp right down to safe level. Feeling like about to faint if I get up too quickly. Other than that, great effectiveness, minimal side effects."

ansonicus (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 13, 2017

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For High Blood Pressure: "Since starting Losartan 4 weeks ago I developed a terrible dry cough, pounding in my ears, rapid heart rate and confusion. This is definitely not for me."

Deana D January 10, 2017

27 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For High Blood Pressure: "Dizzy. Nauseous. Vomiting. Told me I had vertigo. Stopped taking drug and within days I feel better. Avoid avoid avoid."

JB78 January 10, 2017

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For High Blood Pressure: "Is topped taking this medication after developing headaches and painful nasal dryness as well as a cough....My Dr. Prescribes losartan after Lisinopril caused a horrendous cough....So now I'm wondering, what next?"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 5, 2017

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For High Blood Pressure: "I have been on Losarten for 15 days. I was on Valsarten before this. The Losarten brings down my blood pressure to 120/70 range. I take a dose in the morning. About 2-3 hrs after I take it I feel upper chest, neck and ear fullness. Over the next 3-4 hrs I feel light headed and I can't walk right. I feel fatigued. Around 4:30 to 5pm, I begin to hear and feel bounding and vibration in my ears and head. By 5pm to 6pm by blood pressure increases. The cardiologist tells me to take it at the same time everyday 12 hrs apart and I can't. I have to check my blood pressure first and sometimes I can't take it in the morning because my blood pressure is too low 90/60 and sometimes I can't wait the full 12 hrs to take it in the evening. Hair loss nausea"

AniCis December 15, 2016

34 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For High Blood Pressure: "Been taking Cozaar 50mg for over 15 YEARS. Started in my mid 20's. It's worked great for me keeping my BP at 120/85 steadily. I have not other medical conditions and the drug doesn't give me any side effects other than frequent urination. Recently lost some weight and my BP is now even a bit lower."

Marko1 December 15, 2016

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Cozaar (losartan) for High Blood Pressure: "Male 56. I started taking Cozaar just 4 days ago, to add to my current regiment of diuretic and betablocker, as my BP was climbing. After only 4 days taking it, my BP went from 170/102 down to 129/69, and I am only on a 25 mg dose; smaller than even what the manufacturer recommends. This med works.....and fast. NO side effects for me."

musical78 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 14, 2016

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For High Blood Pressure: "In general, I feel better since I started talking losartan potassium for high BP. It seems to work well for me."

MRNSANDIEGO (taken for less than 1 month) November 30, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For High Blood Pressure: "I've been on Losartan for 2.5 years. I haven't had an issue with it until the past 4-6 months. I've been experiencing dizziness, headaches, generally nausea and malaise... and a significant amount of hair loss. I've been checking my blood pressure multiple times daily for the past week and all bp reading have been higher than before I was placed on bp meds. When my diastolic is above 100mmHg is when I become symptomatic - dizziness, nausea, headache, heart pounding... etc. I have been thinking these symptoms could be thyroid related... however now after reading other's posts and I'm wondering if it's not the losartan. The high bp on meds has been quiet concerning. The hair loss has been depressing... but manageable. contacting DR on Monday."

Story W November 26, 2016

32 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For High Blood Pressure: "I was on Lisinipril and developed the dry cough with stress incontinance. My Dr changed my med for BP to Losartan and now I have the same exact symptoms dry cough with stress incontinance. I also am having major hair loss but thankfully no balding yet. My Dr says I have lots of drainage in the back of my throat causing me to cough. She is having me take 2 allergy pills per day but it's been weeks and the cough isn't getting any better. Not sure what med she will switch me too but I sure hope this gets resolved soon. Too young to have stress incontinance."

Christina♡♡♡ (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 17, 2016

27 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For High Blood Pressure: "I have been prescribed Losartan for almost three months now due to High blood pressure, my hair started coming out so much in the last ten weeks I am beginning to have bald spots on the top of my head. I would say I have lost twenty percent of my hair, plus waking up with terrible headaches."

Marykat (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 14, 2016

34 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Cozaar (losartan) for High Blood Pressure: "got prescribed this about a month ago I'm 22, 250 lbs and have had a blood pressure reading of 170/110 for the past year or so after taking cozaar 50 mg for just one month daily its dropped to 112/66 I feel great except for the blurry distorted vision rather have that then die from a stroke or heart attack any day other than that no side effects."

pj222343 November 10, 2016

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For High Blood Pressure: "First off learn how to rate things you can't possibly give this medicine one star and expect people to take you serious just because you have a weak stomach or you naturally suffer from anxiety this medicine does what it's intended to do been on it for about a weak and the only bad side effect is having a stomach ache after meals which I then lay down and it goes away after about a half an hour. It's a decent med. As far as anxiety goes - if u have it it is not the medicine causing it, it's the fact that you have anxiety and its also probably a huge contributor to your blood pressure in the first place"

Pj1551 October 21, 2016

24 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For High Blood Pressure: "Given this generic medication for hypertension. My B/P was good during the day. I am 59 I have been on it 7 days now and since starting it my heart sometimes feels like it has a "thump" in the middle of my chest. Without fail my B/P goes up at night around 10-11 pm and I find it very hard to sleep for being afraid I will have a heart attack during the night. Take losartan 25 mg pill around 8 pm , I will wake up around 1 am with my B/P up to 150-160/90-95 and my heart pounding! I was once on Benicar and was terribly dizzy every single day ---don't know if I will be able to continue losartan but more fearful of the other BP meds like beta blockers! Very scared!"

PhotoLady October 10, 2016

43 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For High Blood Pressure: "I was an inpatient back end of April thru 1 st week of May. My previous BP med wasn't doing the job. The team of doctors I saw changed my medication to Losartan 100 mg. & also added Amlodipine 5mg. My BP came down instantly & this combo works very well . However, the top of my head is almost bald all the way to the crown. It wasn't like this prior to medication change. "

Liliuokalani September 28, 2016

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For High Blood Pressure: "Ive been on losartin for 4 years 2.5mg after 2 mini strokes bp has been good , but has now gone up , been having chest cramps , shortness of breath and tingling in hands on and off for couple of weeks so Dr has upt it to 50mg within 3 days my bp was back down and all above symptoms have gone i dont seem to have a problem with it , i also take Bisoprolol, Clopidogril , Sinvastatin only side effect i get is severe tiredness at times . But that could be the Bisoprolol"

Pammy 56yrs September 9, 2016