User Reviews for Losartan

Also known as: Cozaar

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Losartan.

Diabetic Kidney Disease
9.2

High Blood Pressure
5.7

Summary of Losartan reviews 7.5 249 reviews

Reviews for Losartan

For High Blood Pressure: "Was changed to this from metoprolol because I needed a non beta blocker medicine for my blood pressure, beta blocker interfered dangerously with my necessary allergy shots. After 1 day I was vomiting non stop, had noticeable tremors in my extremities, horrible migraines, persistent cough, nausea, and tremendously painful muscle cramps in my lower back (on top of my degenerative back disease's constant pain). Tried calling my doctor but never heard back so I flushed this poison down the toilet. Still experiencing the vomiting and tremors 2 days after stopping the medicine. This is by far the worst medication I have ever been on."

bookworminsc February 13, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "I have been taking 50mg of losartan for over 3 years. BP had been averaging 130-140 and 80 to 85. Now it is typically something like 117 over 75. Side effects have been quite minor. I believe I get a slight dry cough and occasional dizziness. I take it at bed time - relegating those side effects to the night. Bonus: I sometimes suffer from gout. I believe this med reduces uric acid - a welcome plus. Bottom line: works really well for me."

Sensible Bon (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 13, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "Was originally started on 50mg of Losartan. My BP was not coming down at all so my doctor upped the dose to 100mg daily. Felt absolutely dreadful, blurred vision, runny eyes, runny nose, swollen painful knees, legs and ankles, but still the BP readings were very high. Since then Losartan reduced back to 50mg and another med has been added plus a mild diuretic. BP not brilliant but better than before. My knees, legs and ankles are so painful (muscles and joints) that many days walking is virtually impossible. I had muscle pain in the tops of my arms and thighs. Two weeks ago I reduced the Losartan down to 25mg daily. Within three days the awful tinny taste in my mouth in the mornings virtually disappeared, the muscle pain in arms and one leg virtually disappeared! Now just have pain in one leg, and will be speaking to my doctor next week about coming off Losartan completely."

Susie Nick. (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 8, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "panic, BP spikes that scare me 190 over 105 ,always jittery ,depressed ,cold and scared"

Ayda (taken for less than 1 month) January 27, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "heart rate too fast"

Anonymous January 19, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "My heart seems to race at times eg. it really pounds. But I don't have any chest pains. Sometimes upon arising I get dizzy"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 7, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "2nd day on this drug due to bp being 160/100 and I feel like I’m going to freak out and I’m having trouble peeing I wanna give it a chance but I also don’t wanna die :("

Anthonyjbro (taken for less than 1 month) January 4, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "The drug caused tiredness and cold night sweats. Got off a week ago and 0 night sweats."

gp7777333000 January 3, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "Male 57 Been on Losartin 6 weeks and starting to feel side effects. Numbness in arm and both legs when I sleep. Nightmares and insomnia as well. Not really lowering BP. Keeping it about average to a little above."

tanaca22 (taken for less than 1 month) December 28, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "Difficulty breathing and extreme itching."

Gregoryrtisdale (taken for less than 1 month) December 18, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "Soon after starting Losartan I began experiencing pain in both feet, I thought it was plantar fasciitis but eventually I began experiencing pain in my legs as well. My muscle completely locked up and nerve pain, numbness, tingling and also a rash like appearance on my lower legs. I was told repeatedly that it was not the Losartan, I stopped taking it and amazingly I started to improve. It's been three weeks off and while not completely improved I feel so much better!"

DebF## December 14, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "I've been on Losartan for about 12 months. At first this medicine lowered my BP to about 130/88. Over the 12 month period, my back by my kidney area felt like someone kicked it. Then, I was experiencing major depression off and on for months, nausea, extreme sensitivity to sound that I would startle easy, along with failing memory/concentration as my memory before the Losartan was pretty sharp. I also found out during that 12 month period that I now have big gallstones and diverticulosis. These symptoms didn't appear until AFTER I started taking the Losartan daily for 12 months. Now, the Losartan is not working on my BP, so my doctor wants to try another medication on me, with of course more side effects. Not recommended."

Anonymous December 4, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "Suffered for a year with leg exercise-induced pain, severe. They worked me up for knee damage, venous and arterial disease, spine problems, all for naught. Finally, in an unrelated change, I stopped taking Losartan. Leg pain was mostly gone in 3 days and totally gone in 10 days. So one doctor made me sick, 4 doctors failed to find the answer, but luck intervened on my behalf. Leg/back pain occurs in up to 10% of users, but 4 doctors never suggested this as a cause. If ours (USA) is the best medical system in the world, God help us!"

RJPKelly (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 15, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "Works well to lower my bp, no side effects that I can see."

WSWombat (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 15, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "Had high (for me) blood pressure - 160/100 max, but late 140s in to 150s all the time. Lots of stress at the moment. Family history of heart and BP problems and now in my mid-40s so saw a cardiologist. Had a full check up, heart is fine - which is a relief. Put on 25mg of Lorsartan - which from what I read is half the recommended starting dose - so I can't see how it could be a placebo effect. But I saw an immediate difference. Highest since is 133/92. Averaging out at 126/82 with a pulse of 82. Nothing else has changed (apart from the knowledge now that my heart is fine, which may have an effect). But I find it stunning that this could have such a remarkable effect at such a low dose, so fast."

Janonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 13, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "I haven't had any side effects taking this drug and it has worked like a charm for my high BP."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 8, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "I have taken this medication for one year and it seems to control my blood pressure very well however I have gained 30 lbs...also my hands and feet stay swollen. I walk 3 miles a day and try to watch what I eat and can't stop gaining"

CAS0037 October 7, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "My cardiologist added this drug to my other drugs I have been on and taking with no problems. Not even two days into taking Losartan I am experiencing side effects. I noticed I could not taste my oatmeal this morning, terrible whole body feeling of being so ill, stomach pains, sweating in my feet, blurred vision, not wanting to eat, wanting to throw up even after a sip of water, and feeling tired, dizzy, and buzzing in my ears to name a few.... and this is ONLY after two days of taking this med. I called my doctor and told them I do not want to and will NOT take this med anymore. Waiting for them to call me back right now.....had enough of these so called drugs that make me feel so absolutely horrible."

LinneyK (taken for less than 1 month) September 26, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "I am 40 years old. My blood pressure was very high , from 149 - 204 scary high . My doctor put me on Losartin 100 mg once a day . The first week , I was a little dizzy , and sleepy . I'm fine now . After the first week , no side affects. It says don't drink on it. But I do , and I'm fine :) I drink wine , beer , etc."

LisaColl September 19, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "Other than random bouts of high blood pressure, I was a very healthy normal relatively active person. This medicine lowered my bp the first few days, felt relaxed and sleepy. I felt more thirsty, increased urination, burning urination for a few days. Then I noticed constipation and my bp spiking back up. Ringing in my ears. Week 3- depression and irrational emotions. I was not myself at all. I had a total body ache, fever of 100.8 which sent me home from work. When I went to an urgent care center the on the 2nd day of fever, sweating and chills and painful lymph nodes, my bp was just as high as the day I started the drug. My exam found nothing except blood in my urine. zero infections. I felt absolutely horrible. I quit the drug."

sunangel5009 (taken for less than 1 month) September 15, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "Went down with vertigo 11 months ago. Finally diagnosed a minor stroke causing vestibular neuritis. The treatment has been to try and lower BP so that minor arteries feeding the inner ear relax to get balance back. I was not quite hyper when tested by GP but well over when tested over 24 hours. First drug tried was Amlopidine (10mg) which did lower BP to 135/85. However this gave side effects (swollen ankles, breathlessness, poor sleep. The next was Riparin (2.5 mg) also gave side effects (dry cough, lack of energy, breathlessness). I am now on Losartan 50mg (for 5 days now) and again find some side effects, breathlessness, tiredness - not reduced BP which is (140/100). Needs to be increased but hopefully side effects will wear off?"

cgb1 September 11, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "I started taking Losartin for sudden high blood pressure a few months ago. I've noticed that my skin is having breakouts on my shoulders and chest, which is not normal for me at all. I've had this reaction on birth control before, so after thinking about it, the timing of this symptom with my starting this drug match up. I've also lately been having a terrible time sleeping, feeling unusually exhausted during the day and evening, and been having a cough with hacking up phlegm that won't go away. Also had unusual muscle pains. I don't know for sure if any of these things are related to this drug, but after reading the comments here, I see most are happening to other people too. I think I'm going to stop taking this and see what happens."

T-Pain (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 3, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "My blood pressure was pretty high, around 180/100, most of the time it's high. I was taking chlorthalidone by its self but I need to get my pressure low still so they added this at 50 MG so far I haven't noticed any big change. I'm at 50mg losartan and 25 chlorthalidone."

Jayk119 August 19, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "I'm on Losartan HCTZ 50mg once a day. Before I started it my blood pressure was 185/113. Now 120-130 range upper always 70-80 lower since starting the med. Honestly if you can get through the first few days of the side effects you'll be fine. The first few days I was sweating a lot, peeing a lot, got a little light headed once or twice, and very tired. I'm still sleepy but the majority of the other side effects let up pretty quickly. I'm not even peeing as much...and no sexual side effects whatsoever. I was afraid to take the med, I finally took the med, and I feel 100% percent better."

JoanOfArcsGhost August 18, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "Just started losartan 50mg I do know it takes time to work especially having blood pressure going as high as 158/113. The only side affect so far for me is dizziness which I had before taking this medication which doctor seems to think it is the blood pressure and vertigo making the dizziness. But do see some change in blood pressure after taking the medicine I can get my pressure down as low as 128/84 but throughout the day I get readings as high as 124/102. I hope this medicine will eventually get my pressure back down to normal range with in a couple of weeks but is being closely monitored by my doctor."

Jenn1982 August 17, 2017