User Reviews for Losartan

Also known as: Cozaar

Learn more about Losartan.

Diabetic Kidney Disease 3 reviews 13 medications

9.2
High Blood Pressure 201 reviews 264 medications

5.8
Summary of Losartan reviews 204 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Losartan

For High Blood Pressure: "I reviewed this drug 2 yrs ago after switching from Lisinopril because of intestinal angioedema. It reoccured for me with Losartan out if the blue after two years on this medicine. Did some digging and apparently it's fairly common if you've experienced it on Lisinopril to have it with losartan too. Bummer. It worked well for controlling my bp and helped me fall asleep quickly because I took it before bed. If you experience horrible abdominal pain on an ACE or ARB, could be intestinal angioedema. FYI"

Nckhella (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 11, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "Female age 67. I presented at an eye exam (March 2016) with freakishly high BP. (266/177) That doctor sent me to a nearby clinic immediately after the exam. That physician prescribed 100Mg Losartan and 25 mg Metoprolol. A month later I had a heart attack. I now monitor my pressure twice daily at random times. Average (145/80) Four months ago, I became vegan. No meat, fish, dairy, eggs or oil. BP started plummeting about 2 weeks into it. About a month ago started noticing BP much lower than usual, (120/71) this is a good thing, but feeling faint after eating (90/66) is not. It seems that this is likely a postprandial issue since it doesn't happen if I snack throughout the day. Recently having issues with insomnia though."

Toota 95 April 4, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "I take it for high blood pressure and have NO side effects but it does lower my blood pressure"

Vickie lynn (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 2, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "I have been taking losartan since 1999. I went to the doctor for routine visit. I was going through a divorce and learning a new job. My BP was 200 plus over 100 plus. I had no idea it could get that high without causing a stroke. My doctor put me on 100/25MG. The only complaint I have is urinating quite often. I will take my medication since I don't want to have a stroke. There are many BP medicines out there but this is the only one I have ever taken."

Mburga March 30, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "Itching, runny nose, but worse of all, weight gain, I might add I exercise 3-4 times per week, Low Impact High Intensity, I am a Pescatarian, I eat a healthy, well balanced meal and don't eat dairy and few carbs, how can one medicine cause nearly 21 lbs in weight gain so quickly, every effort to lose weight, nothing worked, I even did the 5:2 diet for three months and lost, not one inch!!!! Unbelievable! So I changed to Ramipril, apparently all ARB's cause weight gain, except 'Micardis' which can actually reduce weight, but! has been found to increase the risk of Lung cancer (Moderately) which is quite concerning, such a shame as I would have swapped onto that."

Thomas0776 March 18, 2017

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "I started to swell up, then I was not able to urinate for many hours at a time. The fluids kept building up in my legs and in my torso, and hands/arms. Finally, I and my wife said enough when I could not swallow and my face swelled up. Allergy medications helped me breath and reduced the swelling in my throat and face. I am now into my first month of still having fluids in my lungs and legs. Doctors are now trying to reduce the excess fluids with more blood pressure meds and lasix. Now just pockets of fluids in my lungs but the shortness of breath is still lingering. I would not recommend this medication for anyone who needs a diuretic as blood pressure medication, please do not allow your doctor to prescribe this for you."

Big Tom J March 14, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "Started on losartan 50mg am and Metropolol 25pm. . BP Med works but I am getting side effects: confusion, Foggy, Frequent urination(stress incontinence), dizzy (drive time). Discontinued metropolol to atenolol (original Med) to 12.5 mg pm, low systolic . At wits end."

BPHouston (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "I am surprised by all the negative reviews. I'm a 23 year old with a BP of 150/100 at the doctor and 130-140/90-100 at home. After trying 3 different medications that gave me horrible side effects, Losartan is the only one I've tried where I've had virtually no side effects. I was honestly about to give up and lose all hope in blood pressure medicines. I've been on Losartan for a few weeks now and my blood pressure is consistently 120/80 or lower. I feel great other than a few unrelated issues."

23 yr High BP (taken for less than 1 month) March 9, 2017

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "Been taking Losartan for approximately 6 weeks. Does not control blood pressure. Body is not adapting to it to lower blood pressure. Will have to try a different medication."

MacAttack103 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 7, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "Foggy/ blurred vision/ vertigo/ itchy skin/ muscle aches/ swollen ankles w/ kidney pain/ when on 50mg four times daily....much better when switched to 25 mg twice daily Bad Hives/ with Solco Labs/25mg bid....off now. The unfortunate issue is when you have to change pharmacies due to insurances you have, and the labs that make the drug aren't available at the new pharmacy. Different issues can pop up due to ingredient differences/different makers. This is what I have had to work with as well as adjusting dosage to alleviate side effects."

Forgettful March 5, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "I was on Losartan for several years, experienced very deep depression, to the point of suicide, loss of hearing, voice, numerous aching mostly in legs and a persistent dry cough but BP was still high, doctor finally decided it was white coat syndrome I stopped taking losartan 7 weeks ago, feel almost back to normal thank goodness best thing is my BP (which I take on home BP machine 3 or 4 times a day at different times) ranges from 106/69 to 123/79. Occasionally depending on what's going on it might rise to 142/85 but not very often. I am a 69 yr old female, very slight build."

chigley90 February 28, 2017

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "I am a 66 year old female. I have not experienced any adverse symptoms with Losartan. I started with 50MG almost 5 years ago and a couple of weeks ago my GP reduced to 25MG. I believe exercising/walking and less stress (now retired) lowered my BP. I am sorry to hear so many people suffer such severe side effects."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 27, 2017

23 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "I have been taking this medication for high blood pressure and experience pounding and a high pitch ringing in my left ear."

Ms. D February 23, 2017

23 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "I've was prescribed losartan 50mg daily 4 weeks ago. Went to the Doctor today still getting high BP reading? Now what"

EileenG (taken for less than 1 month) February 18, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "I like this drug. I had tried hydrochlorothiazide and my glucose and uric acid elevated. My doctor talked with me and put me on this instead. She started me on 25 mg. No adverse effects but nothing major happened in lowering BP. She moved me to 50 mg and better but still not consistent. Now on 100 mg and its consistently lower, seems to have relaxed my lungs and heart and I sleep better. No cough or other side effects."

Nancy from San Diego (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 16, 2017

29 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "I'm a 46 yr old female athlete with a BMI of 21 and BP was 161/100 (go figure). I tried several medications and suffered side effects - e.g. amlodipine (swelling), lisinopril (coughing), valsartan (diarrhea). I feel great on 50 MG of losartan. No side effects."

virgojg (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 11, 2017

42 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "I have experienced a stuffed nose taking the blood pressure pill losartan"

Dell tin (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 10, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "This drug does what it was designed and intended to do. It is prescribed for mild or moderate high blood pressure. It was intended for very high or severe high blood pressure."

wra2017 February 8, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "Was prescribed this medication for elevated BP. I have been taking it for two months not and there is NO change whatsoever in my elevated BP."

Zivan (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 5, 2017

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "Muscle pain Max dosage does not bring my BP to a safe level Only staying with it because I've tried dozens of others with extreme side effects"

Rezrover (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 19, 2017

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "severe pain in knees and legs, making walking or kneeling almost impossible."

joeyy (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 18, 2017

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "Brings bp right down to safe level. Feeling like about to faint if I get up too quickly. Other than that, great effectiveness, minimal side effects."

ansonicus (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 13, 2017

37 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "Since starting Losartan 4 weeks ago I developed a terrible dry cough, pounding in my ears, rapid heart rate and confusion. This is definitely not for me."

Deana D January 10, 2017

42 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "Dizzy. Nauseous. Vomiting. Told me I had vertigo. Stopped taking drug and within days I feel better. Avoid avoid avoid."

JB78 January 10, 2017

35 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "Is topped taking this medication after developing headaches and painful nasal dryness as well as a cough....My Dr. Prescribes losartan after Lisinopril caused a horrendous cough....So now I'm wondering, what next?"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 5, 2017