User Reviews for Losartan (Page 5)

Also known as: Cozaar

Diabetic Kidney Disease 9.0
High Blood Pressure 4.6
Summary of Losartan reviews 4.6 438 reviews

Reviews for Losartan

Grandlady · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 5, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “My doctor prescribed losartan (which had a water pill ingredient in it as well) 6 weeks ago. Right away I noticed the light headedness. Cut dosage to 50 mg from 100mg. Still too much and cut it down 2 more times. Symptoms were getting worse. Loss of energy and head was hurting horribly. A week ago it was like a freight train hit me and a was down. Diarrhea and head pain. Call my doctor and when I told him my symptoms he said he would take the water pill out of it and thought my blood pressure was touchy. Took the Losartan without water pill in it and it was the same effect. I'm stopping the pill and getting a new doctor.”

The king · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 30, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “I take losartan 50 mg twice a day for blood pressure and to protect the kidneys. I have stage three chronic kidney disease the only side effect is a dry cough it's a good blood pressure lowering drug”

Bollie · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 26, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “I have been taking Losartan for six months now. I am 42 and used to be very fit competing in marathons about once a fortnight, now though I can hardly walk to the cornershop before my legs give way underneath me! I have developed a voracious appetite as well and consume several curries a night causing me terrible flatulence! The worst thing over the last few weeks though is the amnesia. I can barely remember what I did last week. I am desperate to change my meds If only I could remember the name of my doctor!”

JH · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 23, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “I am a 60 year old male, active & healthy other than BP rising over the last few years. Tried to exercise my way out of BP meds but finally had to surrender. Doc put me on Losartan 50mg - the only med I was taking. This drug was toxic to my system. I felt lathargic & achy most of the time & it occasionally caused shallow breathing and anxiety. Further, it wasn't effective at reducing my BP. Went off the drug & feel 10 yrs younger (I'm not kidding). New Doc & new BP med...Amlodipine, which has been effective (with no side effects for me). Very interesting to read that so many other people have experienced similar side effects from Losartan. Maybe the doctors should be required to try the drugs they prescribe to patients.”

Bri · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 20, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “I have been on lostartan for 1 year. At first I noticed fluid weight gain. Swelling in arms, legs and face. I had sore muscles in legs and was unable to move as quickly as I normally had been. After taking 50 mg once daily my blood pressure elevated higher than before starting. Dr increased my dosage to 100 mg daily in the form of 50 mg twice daily. Then my symptoms went from bad to worse, uncontrollable itching on almost my whole body. I had diminished kidney function. I have a thick wall on my bladder which needs biopsy. Red blood cells present in urine. I have frequent nausea and weight dropped from 205lb to 155lb. I have just stopped cold turkey over 3 weeks ago the itching stopped but some other symptoms remain. Don't know what long term effects this has caused but I do know my health has deteriorated.”

Kay · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 19, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “I’m a 58 yr old female. The only med I take is 25mg of losartan for over a year now. BP was about 140/95 too often. My side effects are getting worse. Insomnia, headaches, diarrhea, dizzy, tired, feet hurt, have to lay down once a day and no longer have the energy to exercise. I enjoy a couple of glasses of wine a few times a week and try to stay low carb and watch my salt intake. I’m thinking I would be better off not taking this since my quality of life has gone down. ”

Chat March 18, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “I’ve been on losartan for 2 1/2 months. It’s horrible I could not figure out what was wrong running to the bathroom non stop horrible diarrhea and gas, gas and more gas. My doc did not link my problems to this horrid pill. I decided to just miss a couple does guess what diarrhea gone gas gone. I still have some gas but nothing like I had on this pill. No thanks”

Kb · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 16, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “A doctor arbitrarily switched me from Triampterene to Losartan 5 weeks ago. The first 3 weeks were ok, tiredness and overall didn't feel great but my blood pressure went up. Three weeks in started getting horrible migraines every day, my ears were ringing all the time and horrible pressure in my head. Also had numbness in legs and arms. Felt horrible, had to take time off work, finally went back to urgent care and got them to switch me back to the triampterene. Blood pressure has been back down where it was, headaches slowly getting better. 4 days off now. I can't wait for the side effects of this poison to be gone. Didn't work well for me at all.”

Cough · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 12, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “Losartan causes cramps my hands and feet. Along with a constant cough.”

Believer · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 8, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “I have been taking losartan for some years now. ln 2018, I was taking it as always and notice that for a bit the pills had a much more bitter taste than normal. I remember telling my husband that suppose the pharmacy gave me some expired medicine but the it wasn't. Well I continued to take it and notice that my blood pressure was staying high and that was not good because I was taking it to protect my transplanted kidney from being damaged from hypertension. Continued to take it and sometime last year I end up with cancer in my small intestine out of the blue. I had a CT scan earlier in the year of my abdomen area with contrast and there was no tumor there. Well when they did a colonoscopy, the doctor thought where it was was really unusual. he sent biopsies to pathology and it came back as a cancer. I was taken of losartan and put on Micardis a older med that similar to the losartan. I went thru a colectomy and chemo so yes I am definitely looking into this issue. God bless you all.”

Concerned citizen · Taken for less than 1 month March 5, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “Only took a few days. Made me too lightheaded and dizzy. Felt better day after stopping.”

Midgiesue2 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 4, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “Gained 50lbs. My whole body swelling, all joints in pain and I could barely walk. Stopped taking month ago and finally getting relief from the constant pain”

Mary · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 27, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “I am 47 years old and my BP was borderline after the birth of my youngest child so my doctor put me on BP meds. I took Losartan 50 mg after 5 years of taking Diovan 160 (no side effects on Diovan) because it was recalled. Losartan 50 mg started ok, no symptoms or side effects at first. After taking the medication for 2 months I was having horrible stomach issues, high anxiety and I felt like I was falling apart. My back, especially between my shoulders ached daily and I felt so wobbly I could barely walk. I felt like running to the ER daily. By chance in searching I came across hundreds of reviews of people having the exact same issues on Losartan. I immediately stopped it 3 days ago and I am shocked that I already feel better. I swear I felt I was being poisoned slowly. Never again!! It's now diet and exercise for me. The side effects really sneak up on you, beware”

Juici · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 27, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “I'm a 40yr old petite lady. BP only occasionally slightly above 120/80. Usual 110/70. Horrible drug (25mg), side effects crept up over a few weeks. Felt weak, like coming down with flu, grumpy and it messed with breathing, like couldn't take a deep breath. It did lower BP. But not worth feeling so awful. Stopped taking it & felt better.”

Anonymous · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 22, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “I started a new Lorsartan RX on 11/03/2018. On 11/28/2018, I fell asleep in my recliner. When I woke up, my R eye I barely could see out of it. Went to PCP 11/30/18 and he referred Eye Spec, Dr. Vest was able to get in same day. Dr. Vest referred me to Colorado Retina Assoc. I was told that there was a hemorrhage behind my pupil. I was unable to read, drive, and clean house. I saw CRA again on 02/04/2019 and have another appt in 3 months. I have been unable to get the Lot number from my pharmacy and insurance has had no luck either. I called Torrent Pharma Inc. with no satisfaction either. I feel that the lot #, whatever it is, caused this problem”

CongenitalOHS February 16, 2019

“I was prescribed losartan to help slow down aortic Root dilation caused by a congenital valve defect. I have had zero side effects. My blood pressure was typically in the 125-129/80s range and is now in the low 120s/70s. I have been taking 25mg once daily and my doctor will likely increase to get my BP between 100-115.”

Abd February 11, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “I was taking losartan 25 for 6 years. I didn't experience any side effects. But 3 months back when I checked my BP it was 160/110. Dr. Advised me to take Losartan 50. Since I started taking losartan, I noticed that I get dizziness while standing after sitting for long time and difficulty in passing urine. Now I am going to consult my GP and ask him to give some other medicine which had less side effects or going for natural treatment without any medicine. May God help all of us from side effects of medicines”

Liz February 6, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “I’ve been taking Losartan for about 2 years now. Unfortunately, I am just now figuring out that ALL my physical symptoms and problems are related to this awful prescription. I truly thought I had a severe disease or something until my husband recommended that I had slowly gotten worse since being prescribed Losartan. I then looked up symptoms and reviews and was utterly shocked!! I’ve been to my doctor many times and lab work seemed fine so I always left feeling so discouraged! Flu like symptoms, pounding heartbeat, severe back pain, stomach pain, headache, eye pain & weakness, leg, arm and feet pain, lightheadedness, muscle weakness, extreme exhaustion & fatigue. My life changed drastically and I don’t know why my doctor (or myself) didn’t associate all these symptoms with this medication. I’m furious about the situation but taking charge of making better healthy choices instead of medication! Help us Lord”

Linda D · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 16, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “I started taking Losartan 100mg due to the Valsartan recall on 12/3/18. I've had none of the stated side effects but my blood sugar numbers have gone up significantly after a month on the drug. I'm trying everything to lower it, added more exercise classes (6 days a week), lowered my alcohol consumption to 2 oz of red wine no more than 3 days a week, staying away from bread, rice, pasta, and not eating past 7pm. My readings are in the 200's each morning. Nothing I read states that Losartan causes a spike in blood sugar levels. Has anyone experienced this? I have an appointment with my GP and am getting an appointment with a diabetes doctor.”

Anil · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 10, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “This is one of the worst medicine I ever had. I was fine on Ateenolol 25 mg twice a day till about 2 months back. Suddenly my blood pressure (BP) started hitting 160/100. My MD suggested adding Losartan 25 mg with no effect but huge side effects like headache, joint pain , sleepless nights. My MD refused to accept side effects could be due to Lasartan. She upped the dose to 50 mg with no effect. However my side effects increased. Had severe chills, sleepless nights and fatigue. Now I have decided to change the doctor and consult new one. Will stop taking Losartan in consultation with new doc.”

Cookie January 10, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “New internist treating systolic HBP (have white coat hypertension) with 100 mg. Losartan. Within 2 weeks, had unusual HBP readings up to 221/131 & had to take Clonidone 3x to prevent heart attack or stroke. MD got me off the 100 mg. Losartan. Seven weeks later developed breathing problems, went to ER, took angiogram, then a 4-way bypass heart surgery. I'm not a physician, but wonder if taking the mega doses of Losartan precipitated what happened. Have leg, hand & head numbness a year later. Nerve testing noted some nerve damage to leg & hands. Now checking out double vision. It's been quite a an unusual year medically.”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 6, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “Took some time getting used to a low dose of 25mg but I thought it deserved a chance since other meds were a disaster for me. In the beginning, sharp muscle spasms in my back which eventually subsided. Started getting bad dizzy spells one of which forced me to pull over while driving. Not good. Dr. said discontinue. Now it’s just diet and exercise. BP normal. 109/67 last night.”

Me · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 5, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “Well Losartan Potassium was recalled today. I started taking this medication 4 years ago. Now says some batches contain cancer causing ingredient within it and it has been recalled. I was diagnosed with breast cancer October of 2017, had surgery chemotherapy and radiation. December 31st 2018, New year's eve I was admitted to the hospital for muscle pain in my back. I had an MRI and CT scan. Diagnosis, cancer again but this time on my bones. Preparing to do chemotherapy and radiation yet again. If you were happy with this medication which worked well for me, I suggest you get checked just to be on the safe side!”

Kay · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 5, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “I have been on this Losartan 25 mg for 2 months. I have experienced arm weakness and leg pain. But over all it has really helped me.”

Tired and miserab le · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 2, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “I started on lorsartan 50mg daily, bp went down at first, then became higher, so increased to 50mg Bid, worked with bp decreasing for awhile then BP increased so my Lorsartan to 100mg daily, again bp decreased, next it was staying up, wanted to change the bp meds, instead 100mg Bid. I started with insomnia, bp at 130s/80s, now it is up to 226/122 yesterday. and this is the highest, 190s/100 average now. My legs hurt and its hard to walk or stand for more than 15min. Have leg cramps at night more often, headaches every night, nauseated since I started the lorsatan, now I vomit occasionally. Intense back pain between my shoulders, my right side here my liver hurts everyday now, I'm tired all the time, brain fog is worse, I go see the my doctor this month. I get dizzy occasionally. At least I lost 30lbs the upside. I'm decreasing the bp meds on my own to see if I feel better. My lower back is in pain daily. I haven't gain any weight but my abdomen is getting larger.”