User Reviews for Olmesartan

High Blood Pressure

Summary of Olmesartan reviews 7.1 150 reviews

Reviews for Olmesartan

Ned · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 31, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: "Had really bad experiences with Losartan. Then was given Olmesartan. Still having shortness of breath, now runny nose, joint and spinal pain. Can hardly walk a hundred yards and heart starts to race and can't breath. Severe anxiety follows. ED is bad. I am on medicaid and limited to a research hospital. Doctors unconcerned with drug interactions and side effects. Muscle cramping and fall often. Going to reduce Olmesartan little by little and stop taking it. Very bad experience. Have to take the bus to hospital but the walking distance from the bus stop to the medical center is too far. So I haven't been able to see my cardiologist. Hate this medication!"

Col · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 28, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: "I didn't realise for a couple of years that the excruciating lower back pain wasn't two bulging disks but this olmesartan drug.I know this for sure because after going off it for a few weeks the pain went away My back felt like a vice was crushing the lower back."

Lando · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 19, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: "I had been on BP medicine for about 25 years, recently doctor switched me for Olmesartan 20mg manufactured by Aurobindo combined Amlodipine 5mg by Lupin (this Lupin I don't think it have good quality), I took both in the morning after breakfast I had been on it about 5 1/2 weeks, it worked well bring BP below 120/80 sometimes to 92/60, only side effect I had now is insomnia. I agreed with other posters manufactures made different quality of the drugs, I started request pharmacy refill with the manufacturer that worked for me."

Dr Robb · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 14, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: "I see some people reporting issues, but not indicating the manufacturer! This is HUGE. As I reported previously, there are SIGNIFICANT difference between manufacturers of the same medication!! I'm currently on 40mg Olmesartan by Alembic Pharms LTD (US) corp for 2 months and although brings the BP down to where it should be, has SIGNIFICANT side effects - that being tired, taking 3 hour naps after work and brain "floating", unable to concentrate properly with pressure like someone squeezing my temples! :O It's basically impossible for me to do my job! I did NOT have these or ANY side effects from REDBROOK (India)-Olmeheal 40mg, so I'm going to find out and get my hands back on this permanently now that I know there is significant differences between manufacturers. Surprised the US manufacturer SUCKS and India is the best! Oh well, gotta use what works and with the least/no side effects. I have to work."

starcake · Taken for 10 years or more August 4, 2019

Benicar (olmesartan) for High Blood Pressure: "I was diagnosed with hypertension at 24 years old. I started benicar HCT then. 12 years later, I am still taking this med and wouldn't take anything else for my BP. It is very well controlled and I feel absolutely relaxed after taking it. They tried to force the generic version which doesn't work. I get regular labs done and I feel just fine!"

Wally · Taken for less than 1 month July 22, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: "When Losartan was recalled, my doctor prescribed Olmasartan. The first thing I noticed was I was extremely tired and wanted to sleep all the time. I'm usually full of energy. Next was a loss of appetite, my heart felt like it was racing, I developed a very bad rash, my feet and ankles became swollen. I have been off of Olmasartan now about two weeks and I'm starting to feel better. A horrible drug."

terieberie · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 9, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: "Pharmacy changed my manufacturer of olmesartan to Accord. I had no problem with brand name or 1 generic, but this accord brand was horrible. Nausea, diarrhea, stomach pains, headache, vertigo, confusion that got worse every day, to the point I had to stop taking it. I hadn't been told the pharmacy changed it, I had to see what I had done differently since I got sick, the medication was it. Now after stopping it 48 hours later I am much better. I will not be taking it again. It didn't reduce my BP enough, though Bextra brand did. I just can't afford it. I have this issue with some brands of Metformin also. Fillers seem to be a problem."

Dr Robb July 8, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: "Been on and off HBP meds for ~15 years. I'm 48YO now and 175lb After reviewing daily BP, it appeared the only medication that worked was Benicar HCT....BUT had the WORST side effects (deep muscle aches and in the tendons, lethargic, severe stomach burning) and I could NOT take it I tried Hydrocholorthiazide and Olmesartan AS SEPARATE PILLS to see if it was one or the other The 25mg HCT brought it right down from 160/115 to 120/80, but crept back up to where it was I then tried 40mg Olmsartan taking 1 pill/day at night. Results....BP 120/80 no significant side effects! I now have been on this for 3 months and no issue The problem - was Benicar/HCT and the company! Solution - Olmesartan Medoxomil. I'm currently on Alembic Pharms LTD (US) corp, have been on from Daiichi Aiichi Sankyo (Japan). The BEST I've been on is from REDBROOK (India)-Olmeheal 40. I highly recommend you try to get your pharmacy's to carry this mfg."

Otis · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 15, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: "54 year old male. Olmesartan medoxomil 40mg one daily caused muscle cramps in my upper back, lower back pain while standing to the point of having to sit down and dizziness. I stopped taking this med and within four days all of the above problems went away."

Zombie June 8, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: "Olmesartan lowered blood pressure but chest hurts and feel hung over all the time. Fall asleep at dinner table. Not worth it for me"

Eileen · Taken for less than 1 month June 3, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: "I have been on Olmesartan for about a month now and my blood pressure is doing very well so far. I have absolutely no side effects and seems to have stopped my palpitations !! I’m I’ve read in some reviews it causes them but for some reason helping mine. Anyone else have this happen to them??"

Timson · Taken for 10 years or more May 2, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: "Olmesartan has been one of my daily BP meds for about 15 yrs at 40 mg per day. Stopped taking it a week ago cold turkey and feel loads better with no aches and pains or blocked nasal passages and feeling I have flu all the time. I think I have suffered all the side effects possible which have got worst with time. I also take Atenolol, Amlodapine, Doxazosin and am 75 yrs old in June."

Lmh April 22, 2019

Benicar (olmesartan) for High Blood Pressure: "Benicar should have been recalled in 2013 when the first signs of problems occurred. I see they settled the law suit but what about the ones with the stomach issues or maybe cancer..???"

Angel · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 24, 2019

Benicar (olmesartan) for High Blood Pressure: "Benicar was not a good medication for me. I experienced awful side effects. Stiffing of the body, very painful joint pain most at night, leg pain, daily stomach pains (thought I had cancer), chest pains, diarrhea, bloating, difficulty in walking, could barely walk a block without getting out of breathe and needed an inhaler, I had swelling of tongue, face, feet, weight gain and some depression due to dealing with all these issues. One day after seeing my reflection in a large window at work, I was shocked to see how hunched I was and full off pain. I was never like this and how did this happen? I started to believe I must be ageing. I realized the only change in life was this medication and insisted it switched. Once removed the critical side effects stopped except with ongoing digestive issues."

Barry John · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 17, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: "I am 54 Years old male, I have been in an out of hospital for the last 4 years, I have tried I think every drug for high BP. The medicines and doctors are not perfect as they think they are. I recently did a test to see if it was the olmesartan, I stopped it cold turkey and like many of you - yes I feel better, but even stranger is that my bp went down and flu like feelings gone"

Dre · Taken for less than 1 month March 2, 2019

Benicar (olmesartan) for High Blood Pressure: "I've been taking benicar 40 mg and amlodipine 5 mg for 2 weeks. BP is slowly dropping but I'm having erection problems...I'm thinking that it is the amlodipine because I've have that problem with it before. Remember guys any diuretic is likely to cause impotence in men so if it has hctz behind it...it's a diuretic. I'm going to just stop taking the amlodipine and see it that works"

Bill February 28, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: "The olmesartan side effect was I Had inflammation in my throat so that I had to continually suck on cough drops to stop coughing. My head felt like I had a cold and I did not."

Lene · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 26, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: "62 yr old woman. Took brand name Benicar for several years it did control my BP but I'm very nearly bald, every joint I have is painful, tinnitus....all of this after I began Benicar. My insurance will not cover brand anymore was changed to generic from Alembic Pharma last yr not as good a control as brand but still worked now can't get it & was changed in January to generic from Glenmark Pharm now my lower blood pressure number won't go below 90!"

Nikki · Taken for less than 1 month February 18, 2019

Benicar (olmesartan) for High Blood Pressure: "Ended up in ER had taken generic form Olmesartan 20mgms every night at bed time for 3 weeks. I felt ok until one early evening I was out felt weak nauseated, and actually fainted while sitting down first time ever in my life , luckily med staff were near. I went to ER and BP recorded very low 60 over.? Blood work showed kidney function impaired , very frightening and traumatic for my family to see."

BassAssassin · Taken for less than 1 month January 11, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: "I started Olmesartan 5 days ago after my losartan/hctz was recalled. I took the drug first thing in the morning. By afternoon, I had a significant feeling of tightness around my upper chest/lower neck area. I woke up during the night with shortness of breath and tightness in my chest. I felt like I couldn’t expand my lungs nor clear the air from them on exhale. I first thought I was having a heart attack, though I had no other symptoms. I immediately sought medical treatment. My heart was fine. I had no other respiratory symptoms such as wheezing or strider which could indicate bronchitis, Asthma, or anaphylactic reaction. When I repeated that I was just started on Olmesartan, the doctor researched it and found that this medication causes bronchospasm as a COMMON side effect. Needless to say, I trashed the bottle. Please make sure you see a doc if you have symptoms like these. Don’t stop your meds, etc."

Cobra · Taken for 5 to 10 years December 11, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "When I first took this med (olmasartan plus diuretic) I was fine. Now ten yrs older I'm now suffering terrible side effects, painful muscles, joints skin rash, tinnitus, shaky, trembly feeling, anxiety and cramps. My doctor doesn't believe me ...and I am afraid to stop taking them"

Bozo-Skip · Taken for 5 to 10 years November 1, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "It took 4 years to find the right BP med for me and this one works great. I have been on it for over 8 years now. It is not a common med so the pharmacy has to order it for me which takes a day. My doctor said this is primarily for African Americans which is why it is not a common drug. I don't understand all that but who cares it works for me. Ask your doctor about it if you can't find the right one for you."

Mike · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 30, 2018

Benicar (olmesartan) for High Blood Pressure: "I've had uncontrolled high blood pressure for years. I was taking or had taken multitudes of meds for it. Diuretics, beta-blockers, calcium channel blockers, etc. Finally benicar was tried and wow...normal blood pressure for the 1st time in 20 years! I don't get the side effects like many here either. I'm still taking my diuretics and B-blocker as well, and switched to the generic version of olmesartan (insurance). For me, Benicar (olmesartan) is a miracle drug."

Connie · Taken for 10 years or more September 9, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "I have been taking Benicar for years and the generic more recently. It does control my BP but the side effects have gotten so much worse over time. Started with a scratchy throat, moved to an irritating cough and now watery frequent bowel movements and a lot of post nasal drip and awful phlegm at night which results in vomiting. I am just now realizing that the diarrhea is probably caused by the rx. My problem is I have tried so many different meds and this is the only one that works and am scared to start all over trying different meds."

Kob September 2, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "I have been taking this for about a month. I started getting nasal congestion and a ear ache and swelling , I was thinking I just had a sinus infection I tried everything to get rid of it. One day I missed a dose and I felt better that day and the next day I started taking it again and all of a sudden my symptoms came back I’m done with this medicine . I’m hope this will help someone else in the future. It’s hard to find you the right one that works for you."