User Reviews for Olmesartan

Migraine Prevention 9.8
High Blood Pressure 6.5

Reviews for Olmesartan

Two Doses · Taken for less than 1 month August 7, 2020

Benicar (olmesartan) for High Blood Pressure: “I was put on Benicar as an additional BP medication due to a Vitamin B Deficiency of 2 years. Took 2, yes 2 doses, of 5mg one in A.M. & one at P.M. Suffered from every side effect listed very quickly. Don’t know why they even tried it on me as I have damaged kidneys & a heart condition. It pushed my BP even higher & bad chest pain. Benicar should be outlawed. Was put on Lisinopril 20mg today. I’m one who normally gets the worse of side effects of most medications. This was the worst. Glad I acted quickly.”

crosslady March 8, 2020

For High Blood Pressure: “I husband of 18 years was on this rubbish olmesartan for 6 months and it made him into a lunatic. It took me over 7 months to get him back to the doctor to get his meds changed. Became absolutely bipolar on this medication. It was like he had a demon in his body that would make him hateful to everyone. My husband before this med was laid back and a joy to be around. It had to come down to a now or never declaration to get his attention since he became the leader of the He man's woman haters club. 2 days in to new med and I see the demon fading. This stuff is brutal. I recommend you personally drag yourself or your spouse kicking and screaming from first week. Praying and wishing isn't going to change anything with this medicine.”

LII · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 13, 2020

For High Blood Pressure: “My doctor moved me onto Olmesartan after my BP did not respond well enough to the previous drug. I experienced loose bowels as soon as I started on Olmesartan, but stuck with it as it did a bang up job on getting my BP down and online reviews stated that these symptoms could last a couple to three weeks. Sure enough, after three weeks, no more problems! I did communicate with my doctor about the symptoms after a week, but told him that I wanted to stay the course and see if the symptoms would quit quickly. Glad I stuck it out and love this drug!”

LYNN · Taken for less than 1 month February 6, 2020

Benicar (olmesartan) for High Blood Pressure: “I was given Benicar 20 mg in Jan 2020 for BP. I was on it 10 days then was rushed to hospital with severe chest pains and difficulty breathing. I was kept for "observation" while stress tests were done. All good thank goodness, but the chest pains remained. Then I read the "more serious side effects" ... chest pains was #2 !!! Don't give me a pill that is going to cause more problems and less quality of life!!!”

Lois · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 25, 2020

Benicar (olmesartan) for High Blood Pressure: “Was switched from Losartan to Benicar due to recall of Losartan. First week was ok, some nausea which was helped with taking with food. Have been on it about 6 months and have had multiple issues but had not thought related until recently. Awful head fullness in morning, migraines, steady headache most of the day, lower leg pain, not able to sleep, and then filling like my ears are blocked and was treated for middle ear infection several times due to constant ear pain and vertigo, dizziness. Very blurry vision, floaters Finally started looking at all my medications and found that when I moved Benicar to later in day, the nausea, dizziness and fatigue occurred within an hour of taking. It did great at lowering my bp, but side effects are awful! After discussion with doctor and safe Losartan again available I am switching back. This drug is just not for me. Hoping things settled down once it is out of my system.”

Chuck · Taken for less than 1 month January 22, 2020

For High Blood Pressure: “Update: I did make the switch to Valsartan 320 mg from Olmesartan 40 mg. I am back to normal. I will not be going back to Olmesartan.”

Chuck · Taken for less than 1 month January 9, 2020

For High Blood Pressure: “My internal medicine Dr. put me on Olmesartan 40 mg and it was working great for my blood pressure. The maker was Accord. I developed restless legs at night so a cardiologist told me to switch to Valsartan 320 mg, It was not working as well as the Olmesartan. (I was drinking a little more than 2 drinks per day. I know that alcohol will and can affect BP. I did not stay on it very long so I really didn't give it a chance) I am back on Olmesartan 40 mg different manufacturer and not drinking. I have ringing in my ears, tinnitus, foggy head and just overall feeling weird, can't really describe it. When that weird feeling comes on I can take a little xanax which makes me feel better. I cannot continue this. Question: has anyone switched from Olmesartan 40 mg to Valsartan 320 mg for similar reasons? Do you feel better?”

NikiG · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 2, 2020

Benicar (olmesartan) for High Blood Pressure: “This medicine caused me to have pain in my ankles. 3 doctors didn’t believe that it was the medicine and ordered autoimmune tests which was negative. I finally insisted they change my medicine to Lisinopril. After being on the medicine for a full month after suffering for a year and a half, my ankle pain is gone! So annoyed after wasted money spent on tests and trip to rheumatologist.”

Kate · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 30, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “Had high blood pressure, yes is fixed that but the PAINS in my legs has increased so much I am distraught. I cannot walk 50 yards, stand for more than a minute, sometimes driving is very uncomfortable. I've been to physio, acupuncture, reflexology etc, etc with no improvement or explanation to why I'm so bad. I used to walk a lot for exercise but haven't in the past two years and now it's time to definitely change from this medication. I have to get my life back from all this unbearable pain..”

sunnie · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 8, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “My blood pressure has been elevated even higher since I began taking this medicine olmesartan.”

Suzi · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 8, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “Just having some roaring in my ears and wondering if this 20 mg daily may contribute to this uncomfortable feeling.”

Youngin · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 5, 2019

Benicar (olmesartan) for High Blood Pressure: “Hi! I was diagnosed with high blood pressure (HBP) at the young age of 14, I weighed about 100lbs at the time. I've been taking benicar for about 4 years, previously lisinopril 40 mg. I started 20mg of benicar and blood pressure was not controlled. So I was put on 40mg, I would take it everyday and I would get so tired. So I told a new doctor and she said decrease back to 20mg, so I did and switch my time taking it to bedtime. It puts me to sleep, however after 4 straight nights of it I wake up so drained have no energy and feel a little confused. I too have breathing problems but assumed my asthma was getting worse. I've been asking for a new medicine, with no luck. I'll be honest I hope for the weight gain, I could use some of that but it hasn't happened. Hopefully I can get off of this soon!”

Chuck · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 1, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “I was taking Losartan then Valsartan but when both were recalled my Dr. prescribed Olmesartan 40 mg. My BP was great. I was even thinking about decreasing my dosage. I started having restless legs mainly in my calves. I was playing a lot of golf and walking a lot but noticed the pain was every day and disturbing my sleep. I just switched to Valsartan 320 mg, my leg pain is better. I am in pretty good shape and have decided to really get busy with my diet and exercise to see if I can get off BP medicine all together. I just bought the book Plant Paradox by Dr. Gundry and going to give that a try. Anyone else tried Plant Paradox?”

B.S. Beware! · Taken for less than 1 month October 9, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “This Olmesartan generic I am going to agree with a lot of you folks IS NOT THE SAME! I have experienced the same as many of your folks switching from Brand to Generic due to insurance policy changes. Everything from an irregular heart beat, breathing, shakes, chills! At times feeling like I'm going to STROKE out! It's garbage, and IT IS NOT THE SAME!”

Angel · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 17, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “This medicine olmesartan is horrible I took it for 4 months for high blood pressure after my doctor switched me from losartan because it was recalled and I have felt like rubbish the whole time not realizing it was side effects from this medication. I had flu like symptoms, muscle weekness, headaches, dizziness and foggy headed. I was worried it was something much worse. I would not recommend it!”

Ned · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 31, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “Had really bad experiences with Losartan. Then was given Olmesartan. Still having shortness of breath, now runny nose, joint and spinal pain. Can hardly walk a hundred yards and heart starts to race and can't breath. Severe anxiety follows. ED is bad. I am on medicaid and limited to a research hospital. Doctors unconcerned with drug interactions and side effects. Muscle cramping and fall often. Going to reduce Olmesartan little by little and stop taking it. Very bad experience. Have to take the bus to hospital but the walking distance from the bus stop to the medical center is too far. So I haven't been able to see my cardiologist. Hate this medication!”

Col · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 28, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “I didn't realise for a couple of years that the excruciating lower back pain wasn't two bulging disks but this olmesartan drug.I know this for sure because after going off it for a few weeks the pain went away My back felt like a vice was crushing the lower back.”

Lando · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 19, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “I had been on BP medicine for about 25 years, recently doctor switched me for Olmesartan 20mg manufactured by Aurobindo combined Amlodipine 5mg by Lupin (this Lupin I don't think it have good quality), I took both in the morning after breakfast I had been on it about 5 1/2 weeks, it worked well bring BP below 120/80 sometimes to 92/60, only side effect I had now is insomnia. I agreed with other posters manufactures made different quality of the drugs, I started request pharmacy refill with the manufacturer that worked for me.”

Dr Robb · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 14, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “I see some people reporting issues, but not indicating the manufacturer! This is HUGE. As I reported previously, there are SIGNIFICANT difference between manufacturers of the same medication!! I'm currently on 40mg Olmesartan by Alembic Pharms LTD (US) corp for 2 months and although brings the BP down to where it should be, has SIGNIFICANT side effects - that being tired, taking 3 hour naps after work and brain "floating", unable to concentrate properly with pressure like someone squeezing my temples! :O It's basically impossible for me to do my job! I did NOT have these or ANY side effects from REDBROOK (India)-Olmeheal 40mg, so I'm going to find out and get my hands back on this permanently now that I know there is significant differences between manufacturers. Surprised the US manufacturer SUCKS and India is the best! Oh well, gotta use what works and with the least/no side effects. I have to work.”

starcake · Taken for 10 years or more August 4, 2019

Benicar (olmesartan) for High Blood Pressure: “I was diagnosed with hypertension at 24 years old. I started benicar HCT then. 12 years later, I am still taking this med and wouldn't take anything else for my BP. It is very well controlled and I feel absolutely relaxed after taking it. They tried to force the generic version which doesn't work. I get regular labs done and I feel just fine!”

Wally · Taken for less than 1 month July 22, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “When Losartan was recalled, my doctor prescribed Olmasartan. The first thing I noticed was I was extremely tired and wanted to sleep all the time. I'm usually full of energy. Next was a loss of appetite, my heart felt like it was racing, I developed a very bad rash, my feet and ankles became swollen. I have been off of Olmasartan now about two weeks and I'm starting to feel better. A horrible drug.”

terieberie · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 9, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “Pharmacy changed my manufacturer of olmesartan to Accord. I had no problem with brand name or 1 generic, but this accord brand was horrible. Nausea, diarrhea, stomach pains, headache, vertigo, confusion that got worse every day, to the point I had to stop taking it. I hadn't been told the pharmacy changed it, I had to see what I had done differently since I got sick, the medication was it. Now after stopping it 48 hours later I am much better. I will not be taking it again. It didn't reduce my BP enough, though Bextra brand did. I just can't afford it. I have this issue with some brands of Metformin also. Fillers seem to be a problem.”

Dr Robb July 8, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “Been on and off HBP meds for ~15 years. I'm 48YO now and 175lb After reviewing daily BP, it appeared the only medication that worked was Benicar HCT....BUT had the WORST side effects (deep muscle aches and in the tendons, lethargic, severe stomach burning) and I could NOT take it I tried Hydrocholorthiazide and Olmesartan AS SEPARATE PILLS to see if it was one or the other The 25mg HCT brought it right down from 160/115 to 120/80, but crept back up to where it was I then tried 40mg Olmsartan taking 1 pill/day at night. Results....BP 120/80 no significant side effects! I now have been on this for 3 months and no issue The problem - was Benicar/HCT and the company! Solution - Olmesartan Medoxomil. I'm currently on Alembic Pharms LTD (US) corp, have been on from Daiichi Aiichi Sankyo (Japan). The BEST I've been on is from REDBROOK (India)-Olmeheal 40. I highly recommend you try to get your pharmacy's to carry this mfg.”

Otis · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 15, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “54 year old male. Olmesartan medoxomil 40mg one daily caused muscle cramps in my upper back, lower back pain while standing to the point of having to sit down and dizziness. I stopped taking this med and within four days all of the above problems went away.”

Zombie June 8, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “Olmesartan lowered blood pressure but chest hurts and feel hung over all the time. Fall asleep at dinner table. Not worth it for me”