User Reviews for Losartan (Page 3)

Also known as: Cozaar

Diabetic Kidney Disease 9.0
High Blood Pressure 4.7
Summary of Losartan reviews 4.7 437 reviews

Reviews for Losartan

Blitz127 · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 7, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “I had been taking Losartan for about 2 years. My blood pressure was in the 160/90 area and Losartan brought it down to 120/80. The drug made me feel tired. I also developed a cough, probably due to Lozartan but I cannot be sure. Recently I began to exercise and lose weight from 220 lbs. to 210 lbs. and followed a daily exercise routine. My blood pressure seemed to be very low at 100/70 sometimes. My doctor said to stay on the drug, but I started to taper off my 100 mg dose to about 50 mg. My BP did not shoot up but stayed at about 120/80 and I monitored it closely, maintaining a careful diet and exercise. I stopped taking the drug completely and my blood pressure has stayed low in the 120-130/80-90. I plan to see my doctor for a physical next month and I am sure she will be aghast that I stopped Lozartan on my own. Any advice on how to break the news to her?”

gran · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 7, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “I've been on 12.5mg of Losartan for many years have had severe hair loss and weight gain and very bad depression also really bad leg and back pain. I'm 71 year old female my Dr has repeatedly denied that this could be caused by my meds. I have found Losartan very easy to take my husband takes a very much larger dose 50mg but had to cut in half. He also suffers from weight gain leg and back pain and I believe depression. We are asking to be taken off this so that we can hopefully lose these side effects. I tried cilizapril but had worse side effects. After searching the net I found lots of people complaining of hair loss. Im desperate to find something to save my last remaining hair. Trying a new Dr .”

Coco · Taken for less than 1 month October 2, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “I came to read the comments and wasn’t surprised at the terrible reviews. Although my experience was different from any I read. I took Losartan for blood pressure but I’m always taking a pain medicine that causes no side effects. I’m 31 years old and I’ve never had a bad drug reaction. When I took this, I was at work and my co workers noticed my eyes fluttering and unusual behavior. Long story short, it turned out to be a two day thing and very embarrassing for me. My GM has to call an Uber for me and wouldn’t allow me to drive home. I took no medicine the second day and it was still causing these sedating effects. Never again!”

Gracie · Taken for less than 1 month October 2, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “My husband was put on Losartan 50 mg Sept. 12, on Sept 14 he started experiencing brain fog and ache in his right shoulder, sleepless night. The symptoms progressed. Unsteady on his feet, uselessness of right arm, tremors, called Dr she cut him back to 25 mg on 9/23,. Still symptoms progressed to so much brain fog he doesn't know how to use remote control, can't find things that are right in front of him, gave up driving, gave up cooking, I have to cut up his food. We went to ER this past Saturday to rule out stroke. They said it is his medication. Back to Dr. She took him off Losartan after begging her. Upped his water pill and kept him on his Amlodipine to see how he does. He was up all night last night, missing another day of work today. I am sure I have missed something that this medicine has caused him, I pray they are not long term effects. I don't understand why if it is also recalled why the FDA has not pulled it.”

AP · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 29, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “After taking this medicine I developed a serious non-stop cough and cold symptoms. I tried cold and cough medications that didnt work. I decided to stop taking it and by three days after all the symptoms stopped.”

Arvid September 27, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “losartan is very effective at controlling my BP to a typical measurement of 120/75. When I initially started taking Losartan ~10 years ago, I took it in the morning and experienced light headedness/dizziness. My doctor suggested taking it at bedtime, this strategy worked great and allowed my body to adapt. After a short amount of time, I changed to taking every morning and had no problem with light headedness/dizzines. I appreciate what this medicine has done to regulate my Blood Pressure.”

Shell · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 26, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “I have been taking 50mg of Losartan for a few years I never really looked very deeply into Losartan past the "may make you drowsy" stuff on the bottle. As time went on, I noticed that I was getting weaker and weaker to the point that I couldn't do anything. My legs felt heavy and even just mild exertion left me gasping for breath. Getting up I would feel dizzy. Everything in my body hurt. I have vision and hearing problems in addition to a loud, ringing in my ears. I've had a physical, labwork, tests etc. There is no obvious physical cause for my problems. SO, I have started to look into my medication side effects. I looked up Losartan and BAM - EVERYTHING that I was experiencing is listed. I've been off it a couple of days and while it is too soon to tell if that was the cause, I do not feel worse and seem to be on the upswing. Note, I discussed stopping the Losartan with my physician first, and I monitor my blood pressure in case it goes back up without the Losartan.”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 23, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “Didn’t like side effects of 25mg dose. Dizzy spells with back spasms were terrible. I quit, eliminating unhealthy food, plant based diet with exercise. BP 114/71 now.”

Jj September 14, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “I was on this medication losartan for only 3 days. I thought i was going to die. Severe pains in my head, stiff neck, earache, feeling spaced out and falling asleep all the time. I've thrown them all away. I don't recommend this medication at all.”

GeeG · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 14, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “My blood pressure 6 months ago was around 140/90. My doc said that was too high and put me on Losartan 50 mg. Since that time I have gained 15 pounds and feel bloated all the time, lethargic and depressed. I have tried sensible diet and fasting which I had success with in the past but now the scale hasn’t budged. It’s not worth this. Drug company does not list weight gain as a side effect but this is the only medication I am on. Not sure what else to do. I'm miserable. I’m going to stop taking this and ask my doc for something different whether or not she believes my weight gain is due to this.”

Fred · Taken for less than 1 month September 12, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “This drug causes me to urinate quite often. I have only been on it for two days but I seem to feel dizzy using it. I may have acted too soon. I recommend exercise and good diet.”

Jimbo · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 11, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “Taking losartan potassium, was on 25 mg first no side effects then was moved up to 50mg started getting ear aches back pain by kidneys frequent urination, was told needed to move up to 100mg as numbers were not showing improvement, had extreme pain in neck shoulders blocked urine to only drops and it was cloudy and dark colored. I had swollen lymph nodes, extreme anxiety rolling waves came every hour, depression and complete lethargy, believe that the white oval pill generic brand was contaminated, believe kidneys and body was resisting the filler in which happened to be poison. I think it was attacking every weakness in my 50 year old body including right eye, have slight lazy eye that was swelling and became blurry, please be careful exercise and diet for blood pressure 140 0ver 90 this is complete poison”

Karla · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 11, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “I was on losartan 25 mg for 2 years and had no side effects. Since December my blood pressure was high and I was getting migraines so my Dr. upped it to 50mg. Since it wasn't working she upped it to 100mg but my blood pressure was still high. In May I went back to the Dr. because I was also retaining water so she switched me to losartan 100mg/ HCTZ 12.5. Since then I feel my pressure has gone down now. I used to average at 140/90 but after switching I'm averaging 117/80. In June I started to feel super tired. I've been taking online classes and couldn't bring myself to do my work. I just go to work and when I get home I just want to sleep and that is all I want to do. I have also felt a little more depressed to where I don't want to do anything or go anywhere, I go to work only cause I have to but after that I just feel extremely lazy.”

Michaela September 9, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “After 8 weeks, I woke up feeling like something was stuck in my throat. I could eat, but every time I swallowed, I felt like my throat was constricting after & had a burning sensation. I realized that I'd had a similar throat issue with Lisinopril & my doc switched me. This time I was in quite a bit of pain & after day one & figuring out the drug was likely the issue (again), I went off it. The next day was a bit better & today my throat is fine. Just because you don't see a side effect listed does NOT mean a drug doesn't cause that effect in you. The only way to know for sure is to go off it and see if the effect goes away. Not recommending people stop cold turkey but my blood pressure is borderline, so I just quit taking the pills. I am done with these drugs - I don't need to lose weight but I do need to cut back on salt, alcohol & increase aerobic exercise so that's what I'll be doing going forward. The side effects for me were NOT worth the little benefit I saw!”

Jp · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 8, 2019

Cozaar (losartan) for High Blood Pressure: “To anyone reading this I have been on all types of blood pressure medicine over the years, here's what I found out, nothing will cure it by taking a pill, if you want to overcome this, exercise sleep well and rest, turn off TV, phones ipads etc and get a phone that is not smart. Distance yourself from the world of drama and bad news, talk to wife or spouse have more sex, find natural ways of relaxing , the anxiety will leave over time, current doctors are not always on your side, if you are on no pill and still having issues it's your lifestyle, sell the house downsize, come up with a plan to minimize and reduce stress. Life is short, do it today”

JJ · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 2, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “Took it almost a year and it did lower my bp. I noticed depression, bad headaches, severe stomach pains after taking it within a half hour, horrible dizziness etc. I made my own choice to stop taking it. I was on 100 mg a day. Four days off of it headaches are gone, dizziness went away and the brain fog cleared up. Imagine that!!! Although it did give me some anxiety coming off it but seems to be going away. Please people stop taking this drug if you have side effects. I’m still on nifidipine and propranolol. The doctor wanted to give me Zoloft for my depression can you see the pattern here. I can only imagine how many drugs he would pump me with after a year. If you don’t believe me stop taking it for a few days yourself and see how much better you feel. Good luck everyone”

Kells · Taken for less than 1 month August 29, 2019

Cozaar (losartan) for High Blood Pressure: “I started Losartan/HCTZ 50mg/12.5 mg on 8/26/19; since then my blood pressure has gone down from 134/98 to 121/72, but I'm now having SEVERE anxiety, lightheadedness, ear pressure, and weird head tingling. I started due to pulsatile tinnitus, but the side effects are much worse!”

Darktragedy · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 28, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “I've had no problems at all. Lowered my blood pressure from 130/90 to normal. I was scared to start it because I read the reviews here, but after being off all meds for a year, my Dr started me on Lisinopril, but I had horrible headaches and it made me itch really bad, so he suggested this.”

Rdnkgrl August 24, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “Several (3+/-) yrs ago I was on this med losartan and don't remember having any side effects. Eventually my BP went down too low and my doc took me off all my BP meds (was on 3 different BP meds at one point!). I didn't take anything for a few years after. Now for some reason my BP is high again (average about 150/100) so my new doc put me on 50mg of losartan. This is my first day taking it again. Hopefully no side effects but it would be hard to tell since I have Lupus, have had spinal fusion recently (this past Dec), and have a hiatal hernia which causes severe stomach pain often so I am in constant pain on a daily basis. I was on lisinipril for years and had developed a horrible chronic dry cough. Nobody could explain what was causing the cough. Finally I ended up seeing a new doc who said immediately that it was because of the lisinipril and changed it to the losartan. My cough went away and didn't happen while on losartan. Well I will update after I am on this med for a while.”

Panda · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 24, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “Do yourself the favor and lose weight to get off this medication. The first two weeks of taking Losartan was great and then it went abruptly downhill. I can’t breathe, I have dry mouth, and I constantly feel like I have a cold. The side effects of this medication is horrible. I’m changing my lifestyle habits to get off of Losartan.”

Weedy August 22, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “Awful experience!! Caused high levels of anxiety and depression. This then made my blood pressure spike. Also caused dry blurry eyes and weird head pains. As soon as I came off and switched to beta blockers the difference was phenomenal. It effects people in different ways so always try it yourself and make your own judgement. Thank you”

joy · Taken for less than 1 month August 5, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “I was recently diagnosed with mildly high blood pressure 140/90. My doctor prescribed losartan. I usually feel great, walk every day, exercise with weights, garden etc. I took losatran for 3 days, couldn't get off the couch after the third day I was so dizzy. Stopped taking it 3 days ago and am still feeling dizzy and confused. I want to feel like my active self again.”

BeeBee August 5, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “On Losartan x 8 months Experiencing extreme dry mouth and difficulty speaking Neurologic exam normal. ENT exam normal Both thought the dry mouth and speech difficulty was due to Losartan. Any others?? Obviously stopping the drug”

Nee · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 31, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “Straight to the point: been on losartan for a very short time; this med has caused me to have severe back pain and leg pain; I experience the tingling; I stopped taking it; the side effects are terrible”

Rosie July 30, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “I have been on Losartan potassium for a few months although it lowered by BP the side effects are horrible! I thought it was something else then I read the side effects. I am up every night can’t sleep also the worst is the leg & calf & thigh muscle cramping I am up every 2 hours with that & I cry it takes at least 10 min to stop. Then I fall asleep & the cramping again wakes me over & over all night!! Anyone else get muscle cramping/ pain?”