User Reviews for Metoprolol systemic

Also known as: Kapspargo Sprinkle, Lopressor, Metoprolol Succinate ER, Metoprolol Tartrate, Toprol-XL

Migraine Prevention

6.3

Atrial Fibrillation

Summary of Metoprolol reviews 6.6 356 reviews

Reviews for Metoprolol

For High Blood Pressure: "Does anybody get sleepy after eating?"

Kittyjo (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 11, 2019

For Atrial Fibrillation: "Have A-fib. 12.5 mg of metoprolol generally controlled the A-fib, with breakthrough episodes about twice a month that an additional 12.5 mg would control. However, it created terrible diarrhea. My doctor insisted it could not be the metoprolol. So, after much back-and-forth, I changed doctors. The new doctor put me on 50 mg of atenolol twice daily. No side effects, and so far after about 8months has been 100% effective in controlling the A-fib. A far better choice for me."

Puddy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 13, 2018

For Premature Ventricular Depolarizations: "It was 3 years ago I suddenly realized I was grieving a terrible loss...loss that grieved me very terribly. At 57 at that time I was very healthy, exercising regularly and eating well and taking my good health for granted, needless to say because of the stress I was under my blood pressure was very way up which was very unusual and I was suffering from PVCs. I was prescribed 10 mg lisinipril and 25 mg Metroprol. As I continued to grieve, exercise and eat well, and take the medication as prescribed my blood pressure became normal and PVC disappeared. I went off Lisinopril a year later...I’m 61 now and I’m experiencing some different stress and PVC back with blood pressure normal. I’m bit scared. I do have appt to see my nurse practioner next week."

Jamie (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 29, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "It will slow heart rate down and lower blood pressure"

oldman (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 27, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "I am a 66 yr old female. I've been taking Metoprolol Tartrate for 2 years to control high blood pressure . My initial dose was 25 mg once daily. Didn't lower BP. The doctor doubled it and when that didn't do enough, he changed it to Metoprolol Succinate at 50 mg twice a day. After 2 weeks of taking this form of Metoprolol, I began getting hallucinations. I started seeing my bed's blankets moving up and down as if the bed was breathing. I watched the walls start moving as they, too, were breathing. The only thing different in my life was the change in medication. I immediately stopped taking it and went back to using the Tartrate form, which I still had. I told my primary physician about my experience and she laughed it off."

Marilii November 27, 2018

For Left Ventricular Dysfunction: "Only took METOPROLOL by Zydus (Indian manufacturer) for 4 days and was so nauseated all day. I could barely eat, and started dry heaving . It was prescribed because I've been having shortness of breath and heart palpitations lately. Spent 2 days in a local hospital and tests determined I have a cardiac arrythmia issue in my left upper heart chamber. This med did absolutely nothing to curtail my symptoms, and the nausea all day had me miserable. I am stopping the med. I am also concerned about quality control of pharmaceuticals. Just not worth the risks and side effects."

Samaya (taken for less than 1 month) November 5, 2018

Metoprolol Succinate ER (metoprolol) for Supraventricular Tachycardia: "Oh man where do I begin. I am female 52 years and I take 75 mg Metoprolol a day, been on them for 5 years. It does a very good job keeping my heartbeat to 50s and 60s when resting but it goes up to high when I get up in the morning take a shower. I was 165 pounds when I started taking the pills and now I am 216 pounds. It has terrible side effects Like, very fatigued Can’t think clearly Short of breath My libido has disappeared completely Chest tightness Constipation Blurry vision I saw my cardiologist three weeks ago and he is talking about doing a maze procedure And I am at a point where I do anything to get off of the Metoprolol."

Seminole (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 31, 2018

For Premature Ventricular Depolarizations: "I'm 43. I've had PVCs on and off since I was in 9th grade. I played basketball in college and that's when they really started to be more consistent. was prescribed Atenolol and it helped for about 6 hours. When it wore off they were bad. Dr. prescribed metoprolol succinate as it is an extended release beta blocker. This medication works very well for me. people claim beta blockers don't stop the PVC themselves rather the beta blockers simply numb the sensation For me this is not the case. It actually stops them. I take 25mg. If I have a bad day I take an extra half. Only side effect is during intense exercise my max HR is 155 ish instead of 170 Not a huge deal as I can still push myself pretty hard."

Pvc guy (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 17, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "does not work and it makes me feel sick after four months of use."

swergin (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 5, 2018

For Supraventricular Tachycardia: "Terrible and outright dangerous. This is a generic that is made by different pharma companies using whatever fillers and coating they get at the lowest possible price from goodness knows where; quality varies from one to the other, and from refill to refill; caused the opposite effects - NOT lowering BP - rather increasing it sky high! My pharmacist told me that many patients complain about it and gave me the brand (Toprol) to try - very different results!! Only complaint now is tiredness, bit wobbly, and some pressure and shortness of breath after taking it; I take 25 mg. And break it in half, and take each half 6-7 hours apart, which was my pharmacists recommendation, and it’s better. Stay away from the generic, consult your pharmacist, and be well!"

EJF (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 18, 2018

For Supraventricular Tachycardia: "After about one week, the side effects including back ache were severe. It took about three weeks to determine it was the Drug. The complications ceased immediately upon being taken off the drug. Do not quit without dr orders"

Oiler (taken for less than 1 month) August 30, 2018

Metoprolol Succinate ER (metoprolol) for High Blood Pressure: "Worked well to control my blood pressure but couldn’t tolerate the side effects. Caused constant headache as well as a pressure feeling in my head and made me feel somewhat swollen all over (even though I wasn’t)"

Jane (taken for less than 1 month) August 15, 2018

Metoprolol Tartrate (metoprolol) for High Blood Pressure: "I decided to try this medicine again for high blood pressure. It would make my blood bp okay but drop my pulse in 40s. Once again tried 1 pill 25mg started feeling like rubbish and my blood pressure still 150/100, and my pulse 48"

Glo (taken for less than 1 month) August 9, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "Took 25 mg for 2 months was working great then stopped working. Now I am on 50 mg and my BP is high than before 150/90 with a pulse of 60 to 70, At times my BP in 160 to 170/ 100 how can the medicine increase you BP when it's suppose to lower it."

anxious59 August 9, 2018

For Premature Ventricular Depolarizations: "I started experiencing PVC's in 2007 during a really bad bout of depression and panic attacks. The panic attacks were daily and this lasted about 12 weeks until my doctor put me on an antidepressant. Anyways, once I started getting them, they stuck around and I still have them now 11 years later. I take metoprolol 100 mg 3x a day along with Amlodipine 5 mg 1x a day. Sometimes I take it 2x's a day if my PVC's act up. The PVC's are really scary but this combination of medicine does help them. When I first started getting them, I had to wear a Holter monitor for 24 hours and I also had an echocardiogram of my heart. My doctor told me these things are benign. They don't feel benign though when it feels like my heart's gonna stop and I'm gonna drop dead. I gave this medicine a 7 out of 10 because while it does work, I need the combination of these 2 medications to really notice a difference. I'd just like to add that I am a 38-year-old female. I've been on this medication since I was 27."

Blue (taken for 10 years or more) July 25, 2018

Metoprolol Succinate ER (metoprolol) for Supraventricular Tachycardia: "I was diagnosed with moderate/severe obstructive sleep apnea and supraventricular "events" 4 months ago. I was put on a resmed pap machine and metoprolol succinate er 25 mg. I have gained 10 pounds, I feel: no energy, chest heavy, heart pumping weak, breathing decreased/light, affect flat, tired, constipated, I can't think. My events are rare now but I don't know if my events were due to the sleep apnea and if the pap helped decrease them because I started both med and pap at same time. I miss being extroverted, energetic and outgoing. I don't know if there is any other treatment available. Ablation? I don't like this med."

Freckles (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 8, 2018

Toprol-XL (metoprolol) for High Blood Pressure: "Long term hypertensive and one old MI. IT WORKS."

liam (taken for 10 years or more) July 4, 2018

For Migraine Prevention: "The day after I started using metoprolol I began having side effects. First it was nausea and loss of appetite, then wanting to sleep in the daytime (I never do this), no energy at all, couldn't accomplish anything, anxiety, and felt this way for 3 weeks before it dawned on me it might be the change in blood pressure meds. When I looked up side effects of this drug I knew it was not for me. I am back on Atenolol which had been discontinued manufacturing and already feeling better. Wondering how long the effects of metoprolol will be in my system. I'm glad it works for some, but for me it was like poison."

Syed (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 27, 2018

Metoprolol Succinate ER (metoprolol) for Angina Pectoris Prophylaxis: "I had tightening in my chest. I have had a blockage. Starting to have high blood pressure and I'm 57 also taking isosorbide these two meds are helping."

Grandma (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 21, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "For me this medicine has been fantastic. While I'm on it I finally feel normal again. The only downside is that when I wake up in the mornings before taking my meds it honestly feels like my chest is going to explode. Like there is just this really super weird pressure in my centre of my chest. But once I take the meds again it goes away instantly so I'm pretty happy with it all things considered"

Finn (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 20, 2018

For Supraventricular Tachycardia: "I was prescribed Metoprolol for tachycardia because my regular beta blocker was unavailable. Other than the normal side effects, I had a very strange one - this medication made me extremely allergic to shellfish. I was not allergic before nor am I now after discontinuing it a couple weeks ago."

Young lady (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 20, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "Cardiologist prescribed this for anxiety , I think. He didn't tell me he prescribed it though. The pharmacy called and said it was ready. So , trusting him , I took it at bedtime for two nights. Extreme upper middle abdominal pain , no appetite, extreme fatigue on day two. Didn't take anymore. 3rd day trying to deal with pain in abdomen."

Old (taken for less than 1 month) June 19, 2018

Metoprolol Succinate ER (metoprolol) for High Blood Pressure: "My experience with this drug was that I was always tired and had no energy, I was told that I had to take the drug once a day and I took it when I got home after work. My Blood Pressure skyrocketed instead of going down. It left me sleeping longer, I was cranky and crabby as well. I ran out of the product. I went back to my doctor 3-4 X and she prescribed another medicine to help lower my Blood Pressure. I took that prescription and went to Walmart, got a print out of the medication and decided not to take it. In February I changed doctors, took the empty prescription bottle with me and asked him if I needed to take it further. I ran out of the product and was taking an alternative that had Hawthorne extract, Potassium, and other nutritional supplements to lower my BP."

b (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 13, 2018

For Supraventricular Tachycardia: "Hi Readers, I am not a person who likes to take any medication. I was driving to my husbands work and all of a sudden my heart started flutter it was so strange I was scared. I told my husband and he said are you having a panic attack? Because I do have them. I left and went straight to emergency room. They took me in right away. My Heart Rate was 190 bpm so they had to give me medication to slow my hr down. By giving me two injections then I stayed in for a night and found out I had Benign Supraventricular tachycardia (SVT) and high bp so I like this med. It also helps my anxiety a lot"

indigogirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 6, 2018

Metoprolol Tartrate (metoprolol) for High Blood Pressure: "I have been on this for about 10 years. First 50mg 2x daily and now for the past 2 years 25mg 2x daily, this is due to weight loss. It controls my high BP. Sometimes I have a fast heart beat, but that seems to be my only side effect."

ChefD (taken for 10 years or more) May 30, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...