User Reviews for Farxiga

Diabetes, Type 2

Summary of Farxiga reviews 5.0 64 reviews

Reviews for Farxiga

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I was first prescribed 1 tablet daily morning for two weeks ,my FBS 181, PP2BS 290 +1, it came down to 155 & 152, dose of Forxiga was extended to one month. Today I am detected FBS 160,+2 urine glucose,PP2BS 170,+2 urine glucose. I am quite worried. VIJAY Tripathy Vadodara Gujrat, India"

Vijay (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 10, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Am 71 male. Lost 35 pounds, and muscle tone. Felt uncomfortable all the while on it. Asked doctor to take me off it, feel better now."

Vinny (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 24, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Been on Farxiga for 4 months and have had horrible constant yeast infections for past 2 months, not even prescription meds help yeast infection. A1C has not come down. Will be going off Farxiga."

Stac (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 23, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Been on this med for a little over two months. Packed back on weight I lost on Buydureon. Not sure about A1c. The doctor hasn't tested A1c since I started this med. I got a savings card that reduced this med to $30 a month. I can't afford any of the other newer diabetes meds in the hundreds of dollars, so I am stuck taking this. I always get bounced off of these newer meds when the savings cards run out. I am grateful for the time I do get to take the meds due to the savings cards though. I had pretty severe itching for the first month but that has subsided dramatically. Thankfully I haven't had any yeast infections, but I have also been taking standardized cranberry pills. I can say I am much less tired on this med than I was on a couple of the other newer meds."

Not Feeling the Love (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 13, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "It works just not liking the side effect, I literally drank a 5 gallon of water to myself. And I'm not enjoying the non stop pooping. Omg - so not worth it. I'm like a damn camel. Water, water, water and then in the bathroom. But over all blood sugar has been fairly low for me."

Ellie37 January 28, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Was on it for about 4 days. Got dehydrated, malaise, and extreme nausea. I stopped taking Farxiga and went back to the previews drug I was taking. Feel much better now."

Philp January 20, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Started out with 5 mg 3 months ago. Began having slight external itching after about a month. Never turned into an internal yeast infection. It was off and on. Started taking 10 mg about 10 days ago and it turned into an “worse itch ever ”. Awful! Couldn’t tell much difference in going to the bathroom nor a change in my blood sugar. Did not help A1c. I would rather fight high blood sugar than take this medication.!!"

Joseywales (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 26, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Started this medication 10 days ago. I have been taking two standardized cranberry pills a day since I started Farxiga. "Knock on Wood" I don't have a yeast infection. I do have some itching on my hip area and upper back area since taking this medication. Not sure what that is about. I am thirsty often, but I have been trying to drink a lot of water. Hoping his medication works well for me. I just came off Bydureon and it helped me to lose 25 lbs. Hoping for a miracle weight loss from this medication. :)"

Farout (taken for less than 1 month) November 21, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Use flushable wipes EVERY TIME and it will be 95% Better. Using TP is burning,terrible build up! Happy Trails!"

Tennesseelady63 September 26, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Have stopped taking it as I was having to pee ALL the time (every 1-2 hours) Feeling dehydrated. Yeast infection. Hair falling out. Only been taking for a month. Don't know what it's done for my A1C, but my levels are higher than normal."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 23, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I took Farxiga for 8 months. I ended up with numerous horrible urinary tract and yeast infections. So bad one time that it required an ER visit and missing work. At the end of the 8 months my A1c went from a 6.7 to a 7.1. It didn't work at all for me just made me miserable. ."

Lookingfortherightmed (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 30, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "After 1 1/2 weeks of taking Farxiga I went into severe dehydration that included dizziness, being lightheaded, not being able to stand for more than a minute without feeling like I was going to faint, extreme shortness of breath, chest pain, pain in my lower back and sides, excessive thirst, and dry mouth. Luckily my daughter has had medical training and recognized that I had severe dehydration. I had to begin immediate fluid replenishing as well as salt replacement. Farxiga is the only thing that had been changed about my regular schedule, and upon looking at the maker's website, we found that dehydration, kidney problems, increased bad cholesterol levels, and UTI's are just some of the regular side effects that go along with taking this."

Anonymous 13 (taken for less than 1 month) June 29, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I started taking 10 mg of Farxiga and after 2 weeks I started getting bad headaches, muscle contractions in my head and chest along with difficulty breathing. I have had an assortment of pains and discomforts in my chest. In my head I could feel my brain oscillating. I had to get a toridal shot to break the headache. I shared with the doctor and they put me through an EKG and MRI scan, both were normal. I decided to stop taking the medication on my own. I still have headaches and my ears are ringing all the time. Still have shortness of breath and discomfort in the middle of my chest. I had none of these symptoms prior to taking Farxiga. And, the doctor does not attribute any of them to Farxiga and can't figure out the cause."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 28, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Blood sugars kept going up each day."

Terry 65 yr old male (taken for less than 1 month) May 24, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Started farxiga was already on metformin XR. At first I lost weight, blood sugars stayed the same, now increasing. Sugar levels stay high for some time. I have an increased thirst and frequent urination. Been on it for about a year. Now I have gained weight, suffered dehydration a couple times had to have an IV of fluids. A1c is climbing started out at 8.1 now 8.9. I woke up this morning with upper left quadrant pain. For the past two weeks have had smelly urine, almost acidic. Swelling of eyes and crusty eyelids. Hives on neck. Got tested for lupus was negative. Going to see the doctor as soon as I can get an appointment. Going to stop taking this med, now! I stopped and all side effects stopped. Thought I would give it a try one more time."

ironshield (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 5, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "bad side effects"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 27, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I started this medication beginning of 2016, just after new year 2017 I got thrush and still have it today. Didn't realise this could cause thrush until today. Last 11/12 weeks have been terrible, felt like I was going mad with the itching, burning and frequent pain. Couldn't stand, sit or lie down without wanting to rip my skin off. As soon as another tablet is prescribed, I will come off it. Shame, it had brought my sugars down, but did not lose weight."

Viva1234 March 22, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "My numbers have become normalized and I have had little to no side effects, other than increased thirst/urination. I lost ten pounds as well. I think has worked wonders for me and I consider myself lucky to not be experiencing any negative side effects."

A-ok (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 12, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Started the med last week Friday and started itching from head to toe. Not too bad the itching but uncomfortable while sleeping. By morning it subsides a bit and back again when I take the medication at night. Has anyone experienced the same itch. Thinking of stopping the med."

Nnem (taken for less than 1 month) February 6, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I was diagnosed within the past year with diabetes. Started on metformin and farxiga's competitor. Had a very difficult time with bloating, constipation, abdominal pain. After 6 weeks I changed to Farxiga and the difference was amazing. My stomach felt so much better. Blood sugars in the normal range with this med along with diet. I am able to get this medication free b/c of the awesome coupon they have for private insurance. Have had a bit of trouble with yeast infections but as long as I take care of it immediately it has been ok. Not happy I have diabetes but so glad I have a medication that I can tolerate. I actually use the combination of Farxiga and metformin - Xigduo."

Jewel86 January 17, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Farxiga has wrecked havoc on me. I am 52 year old female. I took just 1 pill and immediately had issues with yeast, itching so bad to the point was red and raw. Then, I stopped taking it to test it in fact Farxiga was the cause. Started to take it again and immediately the same symptoms. Started to show signs of vaginal bleeding and then dark urine and blood in urine. Now, A UTI from prolonged yeast infections and back pain,cramping Had urgency to urinate and seemed like every 20 minutes running to urinate sometimes not being able to make it. I have not had a period in a year and 5 months and to see blood scared me to death. Was told that Yeast and UTI can make you bleed vaginally. I stopped taking this drug again and changing meds."

Anonymous January 9, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I've been on this med for 3 months and the only side effect is the frequent urination. I'm experiencing weight loss with little to no exercise. My levels are good. I see my Dr. In January. She may reduce the dosage to 5 mgs. I'm a happy camper."

Charleygrands (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 31, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Took Farxiga for 1 to 3 mos, instantly began having recurrent yeast infections. Even after stopping the medication the infections continue to come frequently."

Mae10 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 29, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been taking this for over 2 1/2 months. No side effects to report this works well with me. The up side to this is I'm losing weight."

Beyond measure (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 17, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Forxiga has help with diabeties , weight loss. Only downfall is that I am suffering with thrush nearly all the time now."

Macca10 November 24, 2016