User Reviews for Farxiga

Learn more about Farxiga.

Diabetes, Type 2 40 reviews 138 medications

5.2
Summary of Farxiga reviews 40 reviews 5.2

Reviews for Farxiga

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Forxiga has help with diabeties , weight loss. Only downfall is that I am suffering with thrush nearly all the time now."

Macca10 November 24, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I am on Janumet and started Farxiga about 3 months ago. Since then I have been constantly nauseated, losing approx 10lb from not wanting to eat. My cholesterol has gone up and and my triglycerides were over 600 (normal is under 150). I am going to see my doctor tomorrow so he can advise me. My hgbA1C was 7.2 and went down to 6.4. Not unusual for someone not eating much though. Not sure if the nausea is from this med or something else, but seems like the symptoms started shortly after I started taking Farxiga."

katwalke (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 25, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Been on Farxiga since October 2014. Has worked for me. When I eat right my numbers are in the fives and when I don't eat right they are in the sixes. Only noticeable side effect is dizziness when raising up after bending down if I'm not purposely coming up slowly."

Nicknmar (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 20, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "(on for 4 months) Worked well so I did not take as much insulin - had one yeast infection that stopped after fluconazole-I did NOT lose weight despite eating better with this. Major side effect of hair loss so I am stopping - my numbers were fine before this and the hair loss (and crappy texture) is so not worth it...doctor never mentioned hair loss as a side effect."

Darktragedy (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 14, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Hair loss and thinning good readings with this drug but not come off it due to hair loss. I did urinate a lot and it did smell very sweet."

Kate Bush August 29, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Began taking Forxiga 10 mg/day in October 2015. With determination of drinking 8 glasses of water a day, exercising 3 times a week (one hour) and eating more protein and salads at dinner I have lost 40lbs. This medication is great but never fool yourself that medication on its own can make you loose weight."

JacSss (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 1, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "My #'s are higher on Farxiga than I've ever had ask doctor to add Metformi 500mg×2 a day, it brings my range back to what I was used to on JanumetXR.I hurt in my left arm, vaginal infection,since being on Farxiga 8 wks., I want a Specialist after my next Doc., appt."

Tunafish/red (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 12, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I took 10 mg. of Farxiga daily for about 8 months. The good news was that I did not suffer any negative side effects, other than a slight increase in frequency of urination. The bad news is that after 8 months use, Farxiga did NOT lower my blood glucose - my A1C levels went up, in fact, during that time period. And Farxiga did not help reduce my weight. My endocrinologist suggested I stop taking this med, and I did."

Good News/Bad News (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 6, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Didn't bring hb1c level to required level but lost 4 stones in weight felt really well"

Anneee (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 30, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "The sugar levels improved when I started taking Forxiga 10 mg (AstraZeneca), though the frequency of urination increased, with increased discomfort. Problem was that ketones started showing up in the urine. From none (before starting this medication) to ++ to +++ in about 4 weeks time! Had to give it up."

Mohammed Rafat April 24, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I was perfectly happy on Invokana, then my insurance stopped covering it and my Dr put me on Farxiga to try. oh my gosh, thought I would die, it did not work on me at all. It gave me a yeast infection the first day, sugar stayed high for hours after meals, could barely pee, it made my heart race, and i felt horrible, horrible, horrible. So now I have to try Jardiance, I cant imagine it being worse than Farxiga, I sure hope I am able to pee with this medication."

Catwalker (taken for less than 1 month) April 22, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Having to urinate quite frequently, versus when taking Invokana, and when it's time - it's really time! Also have gained weight..."

Mikey Man April 6, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Farxiga is effective. It has helped my numbers and lost approx. 10 lbs over a year. The only problem is the excessive thirst and frequent urination. I work and travel a lot so this really impacts my quality of life. I would recommend this medication for someone who stays home most of the time not for someone on the go. I will ask my dr to change my med at my next appt."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 28, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Been on this drug about a year and a half now and almost instantly begin suffering near constant yeast infections. But on the positive side my blood sugars and a1c are spot on and ive lost 3 stone in that small lenght of time and i have more energy and sleep better although bed wetting has sometimes been a problem."

Lilprpmami March 25, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "So far probably the most effective rx I ever taken. In 25 days my a1c has dropped from near 10 to6.5 and the only thing I think I have experienced wrong is some constapation but not terrible. Still in the early stages but if it stays on track-God send."

bushadmirer March 17, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I've been taking this medication for 6 weeks and my a1c is dropping. I've dropped 4 lbs which is an added benefit. Side effects - slightly runny nose and constipation. I'm drinking more fluids but still began getting constipated by week 4. I'm also on Metformin so I haven't been constipated in years. The medication is very expensive at almost $1000 per quarter but luckily I have a diabetes plan that covers 100% if I abide by various rules else I wouldn't be taking this medication. Also, I don't want to take this medication long term with all the health warnings about "could cause cancer"."

dsgrey (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 28, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Start the pills with no issue, days 1 and 2 blood sugar is consistent with what I had been seeing. Day 3 blood sugar is improved, nothing above 127 all day! Toward the end of the day I get Killer headache and can't move my fingers/wrist. Before I get home to the test strips I know I've got diabetic ketoacidoais with a blood sugar of 127! I will not be giving farxiga another attempt at killing me."

rsimpson999 (taken for less than 1 month) January 31, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I was able to take this medication for 6 weeks. Two weeks were from my doctors samples, and I was able to purchase an additional month. For the first time I was experiencing wonderful control of my diabetes. I must also say, I had gastric sleeve surgery (stomach stapling) almost a year ago. I wanted to try this medication when my A1c was not going down fast enough, with my weight loss. Unfortunately I will no longer be able to take Farxiga. I am on Social Security, and the price of this drug will send me into the "donut hole" very rapidly. When that happens, and I believe that to be by June 2016, I will be forced to pay the full cost of ALL my meds, out of pocket. I am not eligible for any help from anyone. This is extremely upsetting."

CatKaren (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 27, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I started taking farxiga after not being able to control type 2 diabetes . I was taking Janumet . Since I been on farxiga for 3 months it had given me yeast infections, sore throat, runny nose and frequent urination . I am going to speaks to my Dr to see if I can try somethings else the side effects are so scary and bothersome ."

Kzie January 21, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Been on farxiga 11 months. A1C went up instead of down. Horrible yeast infections. I did lose 10#. Have to go off because of unacceptable side effects. Love the weight loss."

Mi54 December 12, 2015

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I'm over 300lbs I have only been taking this for 1 month and I'm finally losing weight. It's so strange. I've been on metformin for about 6 months but it failed to lower my numbers. With this pill I'm never hungry just thirsty. I have to force myself to eat at times. I didn't notice the weight loss at first but everyone else did. Its coming off fast and I haven't yet incorporated exercise or much of a change in diet. The only bad side affect I've experienced is the frequent urination and dry mouth. I sometimes have bladder pain but only the times I don't drink plenty of water. I'm so excited to be finally losing weight!"

samoy (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 29, 2015

For Diabetes, Type 2 "This medication worked immediately lowering my Blood Glucose. I was only on it for about 1 week (free samples from Physician). Then the Pharmacy called and said my Excellent insurance doesn't cover it. Out of pocket cost $430/ 30 day supply - No Can Do ! Switched to Invocana instead. Farxiga apparently works with no side effects (I'm a guy), but no insurance coverage for drug."

redhand32 (taken for less than 1 month) November 19, 2015

For Diabetes, Type 2 "This caused yeast infections, itching and blood in urine."

MariaMoir November 14, 2015

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I'm writing this from a hospital bed. Got a severe yeast infection within the first week, that turned into a worse infection. I was almost septic, still won't know if I have to have surgery."

Rbdskwrl October 15, 2015

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Was consuming Bydurion 2 MG week, Metformin 2000 MG day, Glyburide 15 MG Day, Crestor 20 MG day, Lisinopril 20 MG day. Added Farxiga 5 MG Day 3 mos ago. Average AM Glucose was avg 220. Now 120 every day. A1C will certainly be down from 9.0. Frequent urination, but my life is better because of Farxiga. A definite game changer for me."

NolaRad (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 12, 2015