User Reviews for Farxiga

Diabetes, Type 2
5.1

Summary of Farxiga reviews 5.1 71 reviews

Reviews for Farxiga

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I was prescribed Farxiga 5 mg for type 2 Diabetes. My a1c is 6.6. I was apprehensive to take this because of the listed side effects. Prior to taking I started myself on a daily probiotic, immune booster, and fish oil supplements. I drink ONLY water. I don't eat sweets. I don't drink added sugar beverages. I push a great deal of water through my system to stay hydrated and avoid infection. So far, no side effects other than increased urine output, which sometimes aggravates my nether regions (& some slight cramping), nothing unbearable; I just drink MORE water. Give it a chance, all medications have side effects. I tried Metformin first and had the worst GI upset of my life, and that was after only 1 dose. Everyone's bodies respond differently. I would like to add that this medication creates more sugar in the urine, so taking it and ingesting more sugar is only causing your body more strain... you're a diabetic anyways!"

GIVEitAchance August 11, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "5 mg tablets - five hundred twenty five dollars US (US$500)????? "

mike (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 6, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been on Farxiga for a little less than a month and am experiencing headaches, extreme scalp itching, shortness of breath, back pain and dehydration. I generally drink tons of water and prior to Farxiga did not have to urinate as much as I do. I also think that I am getting a yeast infection. I was on Janumet and Jardiance prior to this but my insurance company stopped covering both so now I am forced to take this or Invokana...I don't like this medication and would prefer to be on what I was taking before. If you have any say so in the matter DO NOT TAKE FARXIGA!!"

Jazzi (taken for less than 1 month) July 17, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Made a lot of my hair fall out and left me with bald spots. Do not take this medicine"

mo (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 16, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I started this med 4 years ago. I never experienced any of the symptoms of others. Except my hair does feel thinner..but I've always had thin hair. I lost 20lb take along with metformin my a1c went to 6. Yes I drink more water and pee a lot at night which is a big deal."

auntiec (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 11, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I’ve been taking Farxiga for almost 2 years. I’ve experienced some minor weight loss, frequent urination, and yeast infections pretty regularly. I have also noticed a change in my hair. It’s not as soft as it used to be and I do think I may have lost some on top as a result of this med. Why do I stay on it? Because it’s been free - due to a savings card, almost the entire time I’ve been on it and I don’t want to start losing limbs as a result of diabetes. I need help and for now this is it."

Sally (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 8, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Before I used Farxiga my A1C was almost 14 and I was on 2 different insulins and 5 other pills, But with a strict diet, exercise, and drinking 6 bottles a water per day and seeing my Diabetic Nutritionist, in 3 months my A1C has came down to 9. That's Amazing. I do urinate a lot, have had a few yeast infections, and experience frequent back pain, my urine has a fruity smell, but the dropping of my A1C, out weigh my side effects. I will continue taking Farxiga and my goal for my A1C is 6. I am insulin free and only on Farxiga, metformin and januvia."

Laura (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 28, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I was first prescribed 1 tablet daily morning for two weeks ,my FBS 181, PP2BS 290 +1, it came down to 155 & 152, dose of Forxiga was extended to one month. Today I am detected FBS 160,+2 urine glucose,PP2BS 170,+2 urine glucose. I am quite worried. VIJAY Tripathy Vadodara Gujrat, India"

Vijay (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 10, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Am 71 male. Lost 35 pounds, and muscle tone. Felt uncomfortable all the while on it. Asked doctor to take me off it, feel better now."

Vinny (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 24, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Been on Farxiga for 4 months and have had horrible constant yeast infections for past 2 months, not even prescription meds help yeast infection. A1C has not come down. Will be going off Farxiga."

Stac (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 23, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Been on this med for a little over two months. Packed back on weight I lost on Buydureon. Not sure about A1c. The doctor hasn't tested A1c since I started this med. I got a savings card that reduced this med to $30 a month. I can't afford any of the other newer diabetes meds in the hundreds of dollars, so I am stuck taking this. I always get bounced off of these newer meds when the savings cards run out. I am grateful for the time I do get to take the meds due to the savings cards though. I had pretty severe itching for the first month but that has subsided dramatically. Thankfully I haven't had any yeast infections, but I have also been taking standardized cranberry pills. I can say I am much less tired on this med than I was on a couple of the other newer meds."

Not Feeling the Love (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 13, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "It works just not liking the side effect, I literally drank a 5 gallon of water to myself. And I'm not enjoying the non stop pooping. Omg - so not worth it. I'm like a damn camel. Water, water, water and then in the bathroom. But over all blood sugar has been fairly low for me."

Ellie37 January 28, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Was on it for about 4 days. Got dehydrated, malaise, and extreme nausea. I stopped taking Farxiga and went back to the previews drug I was taking. Feel much better now."

Philp January 20, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Started out with 5 mg 3 months ago. Began having slight external itching after about a month. Never turned into an internal yeast infection. It was off and on. Started taking 10 mg about 10 days ago and it turned into an “worse itch ever ”. Awful! Couldn’t tell much difference in going to the bathroom nor a change in my blood sugar. Did not help A1c. I would rather fight high blood sugar than take this medication.!!"

Joseywales (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 26, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Started this medication 10 days ago. I have been taking two standardized cranberry pills a day since I started Farxiga. "Knock on Wood" I don't have a yeast infection. I do have some itching on my hip area and upper back area since taking this medication. Not sure what that is about. I am thirsty often, but I have been trying to drink a lot of water. Hoping his medication works well for me. I just came off Bydureon and it helped me to lose 25 lbs. Hoping for a miracle weight loss from this medication. :)"

Farout (taken for less than 1 month) November 21, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Use flushable wipes EVERY TIME and it will be 95% Better. Using TP is burning,terrible build up! Happy Trails!"

Tennesseelady63 September 26, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Have stopped taking it as I was having to pee ALL the time (every 1-2 hours) Feeling dehydrated. Yeast infection. Hair falling out. Only been taking for a month. Don't know what it's done for my A1C, but my levels are higher than normal."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 23, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I took Farxiga for 8 months. I ended up with numerous horrible urinary tract and yeast infections. So bad one time that it required an ER visit and missing work. At the end of the 8 months my A1c went from a 6.7 to a 7.1. It didn't work at all for me just made me miserable. ."

Lookingfortherightmed (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 30, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "After 1 1/2 weeks of taking Farxiga I went into severe dehydration that included dizziness, being lightheaded, not being able to stand for more than a minute without feeling like I was going to faint, extreme shortness of breath, chest pain, pain in my lower back and sides, excessive thirst, and dry mouth. Luckily my daughter has had medical training and recognized that I had severe dehydration. I had to begin immediate fluid replenishing as well as salt replacement. Farxiga is the only thing that had been changed about my regular schedule, and upon looking at the maker's website, we found that dehydration, kidney problems, increased bad cholesterol levels, and UTI's are just some of the regular side effects that go along with taking this."

Anonymous 13 (taken for less than 1 month) June 29, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I started taking 10 mg of Farxiga and after 2 weeks I started getting bad headaches, muscle contractions in my head and chest along with difficulty breathing. I have had an assortment of pains and discomforts in my chest. In my head I could feel my brain oscillating. I had to get a toridal shot to break the headache. I shared with the doctor and they put me through an EKG and MRI scan, both were normal. I decided to stop taking the medication on my own. I still have headaches and my ears are ringing all the time. Still have shortness of breath and discomfort in the middle of my chest. I had none of these symptoms prior to taking Farxiga. And, the doctor does not attribute any of them to Farxiga and can't figure out the cause."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 28, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Blood sugars kept going up each day."

Terry 65 yr old male (taken for less than 1 month) May 24, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Started farxiga was already on metformin XR. At first I lost weight, blood sugars stayed the same, now increasing. Sugar levels stay high for some time. I have an increased thirst and frequent urination. Been on it for about a year. Now I have gained weight, suffered dehydration a couple times had to have an IV of fluids. A1c is climbing started out at 8.1 now 8.9. I woke up this morning with upper left quadrant pain. For the past two weeks have had smelly urine, almost acidic. Swelling of eyes and crusty eyelids. Hives on neck. Got tested for lupus was negative. Going to see the doctor as soon as I can get an appointment. Going to stop taking this med, now! I stopped and all side effects stopped. Thought I would give it a try one more time."

ironshield (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 5, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "bad side effects"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 27, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I started this medication beginning of 2016, just after new year 2017 I got thrush and still have it today. Didn't realise this could cause thrush until today. Last 11/12 weeks have been terrible, felt like I was going mad with the itching, burning and frequent pain. Couldn't stand, sit or lie down without wanting to rip my skin off. As soon as another tablet is prescribed, I will come off it. Shame, it had brought my sugars down, but did not lose weight."

Viva1234 March 22, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "My numbers have become normalized and I have had little to no side effects, other than increased thirst/urination. I lost ten pounds as well. I think has worked wonders for me and I consider myself lucky to not be experiencing any negative side effects."

A-ok (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 12, 2017