User Reviews for Farxiga

Diabetes, Type 2
4.9

Summary of Farxiga reviews 4.9 77 reviews

Reviews for Farxiga

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Started taking 10mg Farxiga about 1 year ago, within 1 week I had developed Balanoposthitis (inflammation of the head of the penis), which I see to now have most of the time. 6 months after first taking it I started getting a red itchy skin rash in my arms pits and groin. It took about 4 weeks to clear up. 1 month ago the rash came back and is now all over my groin and lower back, armpits and bottom. Has anyone else experienced this? My doctor is useless and didn't even discuss potential side effects prior to prescribing this medication. I have now decided to come off it, and stopped it yesterday."

Lordy (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 29, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Started out fine. As it built up in my system over many months I was getting a very dry mouth and then dry eyes. I thought my problems were over when I stopped taking the drug, but gut pain got really bad. I had stopped taking Farxiga 3 weeks before the abdominal pain got so bad, and also included a really bad headache. Sure didn't help with thinking, I double pay the electric bill. Evidently I'd became dehydrated. The low salt diet hadn't helped the situation."

Woodworker (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 20, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Started taking Farxiga about 3 wks ago for the second time. The first time I quit was having terrible yeast infections after 2 weeks. This time I was prescribed Fuconazole along with Farxiga. Took one every week when I noticed the yeast infection was coming back. My husband noticed that he was finding my hair everywhere and I just went to my hairdresser who asked in I was on a new medication as my hair was broken and the new growth was thin!! That's it no more drugs. Have taken Metformin (horrible diarrhea & UTI) and tried all the new "wonder drugs" all had bad side effects. Tired of being a guinea pig! Has any of the above contributors that lost hair had it grow back?"

gigi (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 15, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I would advise everyone to quit Farxiga AND ivokona. I have been on it for a year and it wasn't bad at first but I've had numerous kidney infections and lately it a been making me so sick( cold sweats, dehydration, weird feeling when peeing) And USA Today just dropped an article this week of these two drugs cause flesh eating bacteria in the genitals. I'm not kidding at all. Just do an internet search Farxiga and flesh eating bacteria. There you will see plenty of brand new info about how DANGEROUS this is. My farxiga script is in the trash and I'm scared to death of the damage I have been doing for the last year"

Toney September 3, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I had been on Invokana for a couple weeks, but had to stop due to intense vaginal itching, and the itch went away. I told my Doc and he put me on "Farxiga", and after about 3 weeks, the itching came back so bad it was unbelievable - not good. Off it now for about a week, and the itch is almost gone. Never again."

sallyannlady (taken for less than 1 month) August 27, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I was started on Farxiga as my first Type II drug about 6 weeks ago. I started with a fasting reading of 360, and in those 6 weeks have regular readings below 180 after eating. I have had slight side effects - some headaches and dehydration (I think the headaches are actually linked to being dehydrated), and a lot of urinating, but so far nothing major. Bonus - I've even lost about 8 pounds in that time with very little change to my eating habits (I still eat sweets, but have cut back a some, but not nearly as much as I should) and adding very moderate exercise, like walking an extra 30 minutes a couple times a week. I'm basically trying to keep to 60-75 g of carbs for each meal, and this has worked well for me. My doctor was worried about cost, but I got a 3 month supply for about $33 (CVS prescription plan through my work). So far I'm very happy with Farxiga, but this being my first Diabetes drug, I have nothing to compare it to at this time."

Daver (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 23, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I was prescribed Farxiga 5 mg for type 2 Diabetes. My a1c is 6.6. I was apprehensive to take this because of the listed side effects. Prior to taking I started myself on a daily probiotic, immune booster, and fish oil supplements. I drink ONLY water. I don't eat sweets. I don't drink added sugar beverages. I push a great deal of water through my system to stay hydrated and avoid infection. So far, no side effects other than increased urine output, which sometimes aggravates my nether regions (& some slight cramping), nothing unbearable; I just drink MORE water. Give it a chance, all medications have side effects. I tried Metformin first and had the worst GI upset of my life, and that was after only 1 dose. Everyone's bodies respond differently. I would like to add that this medication creates more sugar in the urine, so taking it and ingesting more sugar is only causing your body more strain... you're a diabetic anyways!"

GIVEitAchance August 11, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "5 mg tablets - five hundred twenty five dollars US (US$500)????? "

mike (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 6, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been on Farxiga for a little less than a month and am experiencing headaches, extreme scalp itching, shortness of breath, back pain and dehydration. I generally drink tons of water and prior to Farxiga did not have to urinate as much as I do. I also think that I am getting a yeast infection. I was on Janumet and Jardiance prior to this but my insurance company stopped covering both so now I am forced to take this or Invokana...I don't like this medication and would prefer to be on what I was taking before. If you have any say so in the matter DO NOT TAKE FARXIGA!!"

Jazzi (taken for less than 1 month) July 17, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Made a lot of my hair fall out and left me with bald spots. Do not take this medicine"

mo (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 16, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I started this med 4 years ago. I never experienced any of the symptoms of others. Except my hair does feel thinner..but I've always had thin hair. I lost 20lb take along with metformin my a1c went to 6. Yes I drink more water and pee a lot at night which is a big deal."

auntiec (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 11, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I’ve been taking Farxiga for almost 2 years. I’ve experienced some minor weight loss, frequent urination, and yeast infections pretty regularly. I have also noticed a change in my hair. It’s not as soft as it used to be and I do think I may have lost some on top as a result of this med. Why do I stay on it? Because it’s been free - due to a savings card, almost the entire time I’ve been on it and I don’t want to start losing limbs as a result of diabetes. I need help and for now this is it."

Sally (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 8, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Before I used Farxiga my A1C was almost 14 and I was on 2 different insulins and 5 other pills, But with a strict diet, exercise, and drinking 6 bottles a water per day and seeing my Diabetic Nutritionist, in 3 months my A1C has came down to 9. That's Amazing. I do urinate a lot, have had a few yeast infections, and experience frequent back pain, my urine has a fruity smell, but the dropping of my A1C, out weigh my side effects. I will continue taking Farxiga and my goal for my A1C is 6. I am insulin free and only on Farxiga, metformin and januvia."

Laura (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 28, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I was first prescribed 1 tablet daily morning for two weeks ,my FBS 181, PP2BS 290 +1, it came down to 155 & 152, dose of Forxiga was extended to one month. Today I am detected FBS 160,+2 urine glucose,PP2BS 170,+2 urine glucose. I am quite worried. VIJAY Tripathy Vadodara Gujrat, India"

Vijay (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 10, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Am 71 male. Lost 35 pounds, and muscle tone. Felt uncomfortable all the while on it. Asked doctor to take me off it, feel better now."

Vinny (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 24, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Been on Farxiga for 4 months and have had horrible constant yeast infections for past 2 months, not even prescription meds help yeast infection. A1C has not come down. Will be going off Farxiga."

Stac (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 23, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Been on this med for a little over two months. Packed back on weight I lost on Buydureon. Not sure about A1c. The doctor hasn't tested A1c since I started this med. I got a savings card that reduced this med to $30 a month. I can't afford any of the other newer diabetes meds in the hundreds of dollars, so I am stuck taking this. I always get bounced off of these newer meds when the savings cards run out. I am grateful for the time I do get to take the meds due to the savings cards though. I had pretty severe itching for the first month but that has subsided dramatically. Thankfully I haven't had any yeast infections, but I have also been taking standardized cranberry pills. I can say I am much less tired on this med than I was on a couple of the other newer meds."

Not Feeling the Love (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 13, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "It works just not liking the side effect, I literally drank a 5 gallon of water to myself. And I'm not enjoying the non stop pooping. Omg - so not worth it. I'm like a damn camel. Water, water, water and then in the bathroom. But over all blood sugar has been fairly low for me."

Ellie37 January 28, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Was on it for about 4 days. Got dehydrated, malaise, and extreme nausea. I stopped taking Farxiga and went back to the previews drug I was taking. Feel much better now."

Philp January 20, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Started out with 5 mg 3 months ago. Began having slight external itching after about a month. Never turned into an internal yeast infection. It was off and on. Started taking 10 mg about 10 days ago and it turned into an “worse itch ever ”. Awful! Couldn’t tell much difference in going to the bathroom nor a change in my blood sugar. Did not help A1c. I would rather fight high blood sugar than take this medication.!!"

Joseywales (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 26, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Started this medication 10 days ago. I have been taking two standardized cranberry pills a day since I started Farxiga. "Knock on Wood" I don't have a yeast infection. I do have some itching on my hip area and upper back area since taking this medication. Not sure what that is about. I am thirsty often, but I have been trying to drink a lot of water. Hoping his medication works well for me. I just came off Bydureon and it helped me to lose 25 lbs. Hoping for a miracle weight loss from this medication. :)"

Farout (taken for less than 1 month) November 21, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Use flushable wipes EVERY TIME and it will be 95% Better. Using TP is burning,terrible build up! Happy Trails!"

Tennesseelady63 September 26, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Have stopped taking it as I was having to pee ALL the time (every 1-2 hours) Feeling dehydrated. Yeast infection. Hair falling out. Only been taking for a month. Don't know what it's done for my A1C, but my levels are higher than normal."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 23, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I took Farxiga for 8 months. I ended up with numerous horrible urinary tract and yeast infections. So bad one time that it required an ER visit and missing work. At the end of the 8 months my A1c went from a 6.7 to a 7.1. It didn't work at all for me just made me miserable. ."

Lookingfortherightmed (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 30, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "After 1 1/2 weeks of taking Farxiga I went into severe dehydration that included dizziness, being lightheaded, not being able to stand for more than a minute without feeling like I was going to faint, extreme shortness of breath, chest pain, pain in my lower back and sides, excessive thirst, and dry mouth. Luckily my daughter has had medical training and recognized that I had severe dehydration. I had to begin immediate fluid replenishing as well as salt replacement. Farxiga is the only thing that had been changed about my regular schedule, and upon looking at the maker's website, we found that dehydration, kidney problems, increased bad cholesterol levels, and UTI's are just some of the regular side effects that go along with taking this."

Anonymous 13 (taken for less than 1 month) June 29, 2017