User Reviews for Tresiba

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Tresiba.

Diabetes, Type 2
6.6

Diabetes, Type 1
4.9

Summary of Tresiba reviews 5.7 43 reviews

Reviews for Tresiba

For Diabetes, Type 1 "So delighted that Tresiba immediately helped my dawn phenomena. So many years of morning highs on Levemir. Wow.Then disaster struck . Bad bloating , nausea and dizziness plus weight gain. The insulin nurse said ‘she doubts it’s the insulin’ and not to go back to the other one if it’s working’. After googling side effects I think it maybe the cause so I will rebel and see what happens."

Sugarlump84 November 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Been diabetic since 2001. Was on oral meds till 2007 and then was put on Insulin (Humalog and Lantus). CVS-Caremark stopped covering Lantus and so in March 2017 I switched to Tresiba. My A1C improved dramatically. My last reading was 6.5 which is a number I have not seen in a long time. I also find that taking the shot is easier (I always felt a burn with Lantus). I am glad CVS forced my endo to change my insulin."

Shyll Subra (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 25, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "My blood sugar has dropped and stabiluzed with Tresiba. I had a reading of 91 before coffee yesterday. I feel better and think this is a great breakthrough for me."

Rjgnation (taken for less than 1 month) October 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "My blood glucose was under control with readings around 100. I was taking long acting insulin twice a day and short acting 3 times a day. My doc insisted I switch to tresiba (50u). My appetite has increased, especially craving for carbs. My fasting morning blood glucose is often over 200"

pegleggreg (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 30, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 1 "I have been diabetic for about 50 years. Forty of those years I used Regular and NPH insulin. I never had any problems at all. My A1c readings were in the mid 6's most of the time. A new doctor comes along and wants all her diabetics to conform to textbook examples. She decided my insulins were old fashioned and outdated. She changes me over to Tresiba. After a couple weeks my sugar would drop around 100 to 200 points from midnight to about 8 in the morning. I have to make sure my sugar is above 225 at midnight to not wake with a 40 or 50. I was 320 once and 8 hours later it was 84. This stuff is scary."

TimBo266 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "This medicine is not for me it swells my face and hands unbelievable"

maefchisolm (taken for less than 1 month) September 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I've been on Tresiba for about 2 months however 9 days ago started with horrible diarrhea Lower abdominal pain nausea with vomiting my doctor wants me to stay on this stuff "

Lonwood (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I had been using Lantus, but was switched to Tresiba with Humalog Quikpen. I was achieving the control I desired after a bout of highs prior to the change. However, it seemed that I was having severe hay fever with a lot of mucus, and then got what we believed was the flu. After a doctor visit, instead of going home we ended up in the ER with severe chest pains that ultimately was diagnosed as congestive heart failure. Meds were prescribed, but I was getting worse until I stopped using the Tresiba and went back to Lantus. Improvement was slow, but each day was a bit better. Other mucus issues are also drying up. It took 4 months for congestive heart failure to occur, so the slow reversal seems logical too."

Flyin Miller July 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 1 "I have been on tresiba since June of 2015. After a couple weeks I adjusted fine to tresiba and love it. However in September of 2015 I began to develop stomach problems. At first I didn't think anything of it, however it has only become worse over time. I had a colonoscopy done in June of 2016. Dr found nothing wrong. Also had a MRI done later last summer in which I had to drink a dye. Once again found nothing wrong. June of this year I had a upper endoscopy and once again nothing was found. I feel like my stomach is going to explode. And I feel nauseous, however have never thrown up. Just wondering if anyone else has had these problems."

John Reich (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have not seen Tresiba do much of anything. I was on Lantus @ 60 units 2 sX daily, along with Metformin 1000mg 2 X daily and Victoza 1.8 mg 1 X. I switched from Lantus to Tresiba @ 70 units daily, maintaining my other meds. My morning readings sky rocketed from 85-140 to 275- 340. My diet stayed basically the same. Over a period of 4 to 6 wks, I increased the Tresiba slowly and am now up to 110 units daily. NO CHANGE !!! THIS IS CRAZY. I'm going to try one more increase to 120 units. I had to stop Lantus b/c my ins comp (PPG / CVS- Caremark) decided not to cover Lantus."

Big Bull (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 1 "The person from the company Nov nordisk supplied me the damaged pen and when ever I asked them to look into it to get me a replacement they don't respond "

Mohit Srivastava May 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 1 "My Endo insisted I switch from lantus to tresiba. I was quite stable on lantus and humalog for over 15 years but she said it was better. I've been a diabetic for almost 30 years and so I was very hesitant to switch. I should have listened to myself. The first 3 weeks were okay but not better. Then I started feeling breathless and fatigued. It took me awhile​ to realize it was the tresiba. I switched back to lantus a week ago and I am already feeling better. No more breathlessness or fatigue. My blood sugars were worse on tresiba so it will take a bit to straighten out my a1c. I really should have listened to my gut. Just because it's new doesn't mean it's better."

Liberty Johnson May 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "This medicine has dropped my blood sugar almost 100 points vs same dose of another long acting insulin."

Cliff Hursey April 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "At first I saw little effect, until I reached 65 units, It was not a remarkable change 10 pts on my sugar reading. But I got a weird laryngitis and a persistent cough with throat phlegm that went from Christmas until mid March when I finally figured out it was caused by Tresiba. Stopping the inject let the symptoms go away. Very uncomfortable side effects."

StihlAER (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 8, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Started this about 2 months ago. I believe it is far superior to lantus and levemir. It doesn't peak, just gives me a good basal insulin dose. I would recommend it. It also helps with my problem of high morning numbers. With diet, Trulicity, Metformin and tresiba, I have morning numbers of 100-116 and have lost 37 lbs in 3-4 months. I used to wake up to 180 -240. I started at 80 units a day and I'm now down to just 8."

Casadejoe (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have only been taking tresiba for 3 days (43 units in the morning) but my readings are quite a bit lower after meals and I am using less of my novalog. The fluctuation of highs to normal isn't so frequent and is staying more stable and in a healthy range. No nausea, headaches or any side effects. I will say that I tried victoza last year and that stuff was like poison. The nausea and migraines were unbearable. I have never tried Lantus"

Mpayne4 January 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 1 "I've been on insulin since 1985, most recently Humalog and Lantus, I;ve been taking Tresiba for 6 weeks now, 30 units at bedtime and I almost never use the Humalog unless I eat something high in carbs. It is almost like being off the multiple shots I was on at every meal, I recently got a Dexcom CGM and can monitor my sugars constantly."

Halralph January 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 1 "I've been a type1 for 3 years now. My glucose levels haven't been well controlled.My last A1C was 12,the best was an 8. My work hours fluctuate, taking a shot, or eating" at the same time everyday is near impossible. I've just switched from Lantus a few weeks ago, had to cut my dose from 30 to 26. Tresiba is more powerful, causing lows. Not complaining, just a little scary, especially at night. It's trial and error, as the whole "my pancreas stopped making insulin, so I have to manage the "mimic the natural production"" thing. I haven't experienced any side effects, as I've been reading in the thread. Think I have a winner. I have an endo apt soon. Luck!"

BetsyBz (taken for less than 1 month) January 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 1 "I am a Type 1 diabetic for 43 years. I have used virtually every insulin available as well as various insulin pumps over the many years I have been dealing with diabetes. None of the long acting insulins I have ever taken has behaved so well as far as keeping blood sugar stable while fasting. I now have to question whether I ever had dawn phenomenon since I no longer seem to have any rise in blood sugar in the morning. My guess is that we all have different responses to the different insulins. For me this is a game changer. Best I have felt in many years. Keep in mind that it for me it took about a week to see good results and I adjusted the dose in the second week as well. Hope more people have same experience."

Odffh (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 31, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 1 "Type 1 diabetic for 28 years. Went from split dose Levemir to spit dose Tresiba. I was dizzy and still having high DP and early evening. Switched to dosing Tresiba X1/d. Blood sugars were perfect no hypos or highs. But the headaches were so debilitating I could not participate in life. I am going back to Levemir. My total dose that worked on Tresiba was only 4 units ( Levemir it was 9). Also, I totally lost my appetite and threw up a couple of times but still somewhat bizarrely gained 3 pounds! I went from 115-117.9. I have a hunch I was starting to develope peripheral edema. I am a medical professional so I just use my own judgement wether to continue. I think everyone should give Tresiba a try. But be cautious and listen to your body."

sunshine1959 (taken for less than 1 month) December 23, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "It controlled my blood sugar, but I gained weight at an alarming weight. 40 lbs in 8 months. Plus my nose was always running, coughing and sinus problems . All this plus exhaustion. Not worth it!!!"

0927imwonder (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 9, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Went straight to emergency room everything violently left my body within seconds of injection"

teresalredding (taken for less than 1 month) December 6, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 1 "Went from twice daily Levemir to Tresiba. Controlled blood sugars equally well. Did like the convenience of once daily injections. HOWEVER, I gained 12 pounds over 4 months. Cannot attribute the weight gain to anything else (exact same diet, exercise, and labwork fine)."

Type 1.5 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 30, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Effective in reducing blood sugar level for 5 to 8 hours."

suspet (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 13, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 1 "The only thing I hate is the pen injector pushes very hard it actually bothers my thumb joint after 6 months I have to use my other hand to push the injector button in. They need to get them like my lantuas which hardly takes any effort. I will probrably switch back to lantuas just because of that. You think after all the effort put into creating insulin they wouldn't cut corners on the injection pen.."

Tresiba Work Good (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 3, 2016