User Reviews for Tresiba

Diabetes, Type 1
4.8

Summary of Tresiba reviews 5.3 61 reviews

Reviews for Tresiba

For Diabetes, Type 1 "I've been using lantus since I was first diagnosed as type one diabetic almost 6 years ago, but my doctor kept telling me to increase my nightly dosage. Eventually I was taking 16 units per night but kept having hypos during sleep and throughout the day. I'd go to sleep with a 320 and wake up with a 70. So my endo switched me to Tresiba. Tried it for a week and went back to Lantus. I was getting awful body pains and headaches, and then I found out my initial problems were because my Lantus dose was too high (I switched doctors at that point). Also, the whole point of me switching to tresiba was so I wouldn't crash at night. And what happened? I crashed at night."

SickName (taken for less than 1 month) July 4, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 1 "I've had Type 1 for nearly 40 years. My endocrinologist recommended Tresiba to replace Lantus. I took it for one month. After 2 days, I saw no changes or improvements in blood glucose levels. As the fourth day approached, I figured the flu was why I had been having blood sugar fluctuations. After a week, I seemed to have stomach issues and nausea for days, and then I had headaches and blurred vision and felt like a trainwreck. After 2 weeks of symptoms, I began to wonder whether I even had the flu. After 3 weeks of symptoms, I decided to read the medical insert thoroughly, only to discover that these flu symptoms, blurred vision and dizziness, and stomach issues were all SIDE EFFECTS. I called the endo office and spoke with a doctor on call, who agreed that maybe I should just switch back to Lantus and see how I felt. I took Lantus that evening and felt better within 12-24 hours. My endo never called me back, so I won't see him again. Maybe he gets kick-backs to market this."

PA-Cat (taken for less than 1 month) June 21, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 1 "I am a type 1 diabetic for the last 22 years and was using lantus for 18-years and then my insurance wouldn't cover so I had tried Toujeo and it caused me to see spots so my endo doc tried Tresiba which it has been great my A1C went from 7.9 to 7.0 in 1-year and no more waking up with wet sheets from sweating like I did with Lantus. I'm thankful for my doctor trying it out on me."

one of three (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 21, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "So my doctor put me on Tresiba as metformin didn't agree with my system but worked. I was at a low does of Tresiba now I am at 45 units every evening but it just stopped working. It doesn't matter what I eat it can be low in the evening then after I take Tresiba it will be high for example took my blood sugar at night at 176 took the Tresiba at night woke up and my sugar was 222 and this is an ongoing battle. Clearly this is something that is not working for me at all."

mark (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 20, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I was on this medication for a little over a month. I began itching shortly after I started it. It controlled my sugar...but I have nearly went crazy itching!"

Ray (taken for less than 1 month) June 7, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 1 "I began using Tresiba shortly after Lantus. I had to switch because of my change in health insurance plans. I loved Lantus and had pretty regular blood sugar levels on it, but once I began using Tresiba my blood sugars would drop in the middle of the night. I have had some scary moments with it. I've gone to bed with a blood sugar of 220 (which I never did on Lantus) and then would wake up at 5am with a blood sugar of 30. It has caused some serious nighttime drops and only finally levels out by early afternoon. I do not recommend this product to any type 1'ers out there. My next try to will be Levemir or Basaglar."

26 y.o male (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 16, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Since December I have had to switch insulin 3 times due to insurance plan. I am experiencing UTI symptoms continually. My physician will not believe it is the Tresiba. Stopped taking the insulin yesterday and finally the UTI symptoms are receding. Anyone else have this problem?"

Kay (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 9, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been on Tresiba for 4 days and already have a raging UTI. No one would admit that it could be the insulin, but found proof online that it is very common among older women with type 2 diabetes. I am stopping it immediately since it will probably become recurring. Anyone else have this problem with it?"

Betty Johnson (taken for less than 1 month) May 1, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 1 "I'm 35 and have been a diabetic for 27 years. I have been using Tresiba for 3 years now and everything was relatively fine. I had to split my dose because of low levels at night and even though my endo said it was not necessary it did wonders. A couple of weeks ago I started with low levels at night or before lunch. Thought I should only reduce 2 units. But yesterday was scary... for the first time in my life I woke up feeling the sugar levels too high. Ended up in the ER where I was informed I nearly had 700. I thought the batch of pens could be faulty so I bought another batch and started my day . I had 95 when I left the ER and after a day at home sleeping I'm already in 200. I'm looking online if there has been a recall or other cases similar to mine."

Lisa (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 21, 2018

For Diabetes Mellitus "Was on Tresiba in the morning only about a year with great results. For the last couple of months I have elevated glucose levels at night with fasting highs. I have had diabetes 53 years so I am not a newbie! My doctor moved me back to levemir in the evening and it is causing nighttime lows and, daytime highs. I am considering going back to Tresiba and splitting my dose to twice a day which he did not suggest so this is just my idea. It is a once daily, 24 hour dose. Anyone have any comments about trying this?"

Rooster (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 3, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 1 "I've been on TRESIBA for 4 weeks and my averages on my meter show a steady reduction in glucose levels. I feel stronger and have much better energy. I wake up with normal blood sugar levels for the first time in years. Very happy I asked my doctor to make the change!"

Innisc (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 25, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 1 "A little background: I’m a T1 diabetic who’s successfully used pens forever (last A1C was 6.3). I’m also a medical student and like to tinker with my prescriptions when I learn new stuff. So, I had high hopes when I learned about degludec and talked to my endo about it. Unfortunately, Tresiba just didn’t work for me – it caused wild swings in my daily sugars, almost as if it made me more sensitive to my rapid acting insulin (which doesn’t physiologically make sense, I know). For 3 1/2 weeks I tried all sorts of different things to get a handle on it, but the final straw was when I had to ask a quiz proctor for an excuse to go buy juice because I’d eaten all my glucose tablets (something I’ve never had to do in my life). Maybe with more time it would’ve calmed down, but I was so frustrated after the quiz incident that I immediately switched back to Lantus - and my sugars normalized immediately. I’m now on Toujeo and have had no problems. Every body is different."

LBishop (taken for less than 1 month) March 21, 2018

For Diabetes Mellitus "Wonderful drug. Need less and have perfect even blood sugars once you are taking the correct amount."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 24, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 1 "This insulin is trash! Does not control sugars at all. I was at a1c of 8.2 on Humulin n and regular R taken when required. I know that's not a great number, which is why I switched to Tresiba at my doctors advising. First batch was ok. But the last 2 batches I've used, I've experienced completely out of whack, uncontrolled, unpredictable blood glucose. Actually came here to see if maybe there had been a recall on the drug, because it doesn't seem to be working at all. Is the revenue from the diabetic population not feeding healthcare enough? Need to pump up the economy by creating a bunch of side effects of the disease (which is actually a result of failed drugs big pharma creates)."

Ihatethisdisease December 30, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I been a Type 2 for 15 years. I have been of Tresiba for 6 months. I have gained 25 lbs in the first two months of using Tresiba. I exercise daily and I watch my diet... I take Tresiba first thing in the morning... Around 60 units... My BGL readings before breakfast could be around 130 to 150... For breakfast in the morning consist of 3 eggs Bacon and a slice of Honey Wheat Bread with butter... The Carbs per slice is 13 Cards... At noon when I check my sugar levels my BGL is up over 200. I'm lost when it come to insulin. I have had serious reactions to other forms of insulin. Tresiba was my only hope and it doesn't look good."

Grandpa65 December 9, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 1 "Definitely the best long-acting insulin I've ever taken, by far. I have been type 1 since 1991 (though I do not remember that far back because I was very young) and have been on Ultra Lente, Levemir, Lantus and Toujeo. I started taking Tresiba in late June. My A1C tanked from 7.5% in June (I destroyed my foot in April so this might really have been closer to 6.8 or 6.9% if I had been able to exercise) to 6.3% in September. I will say that I had more lows than I'd like to have early on, but it's just an adjustment I had to make. I have far fewer 250+ readings than I have ever had, and many more periods of 8-9 hours where my blood sugar does not move at all, where it sits between 80 and 85 or such like. One week I ran an average of 102."

ElHombre December 7, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 1 "I very much wanted this insulin to be great, but as usual, the pharmaceutical companies failed again. This insulin seemed at first to eliminate the dawn phenomenon I experienced taking humulin n, lantus, levemir. But now, I can't seem to get any balance to occur no matter what I do! It's completely unpredictable. I've had a 500+ fasting blood glucose, after going asleep at a decent 140 the night before. Or wake up at 6 am at 100, take my daily dose, not eat, and be 350 by noon. The drastic blood glucose swings on this are extremely frustrating. All the money big pharma makes on this med you'd think they could improve lives, ha! Guess I'll go back to humulin n. Lantus kills my back, and burns. Levemir gives me yeast infections."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 2, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I took this medication for 4 weeks. I was on Lantus prior. I got a headache which I thought would go away, however it didn't. I became bloated and started getting flu like symptoms. Only wanted to sleep, and felt I couldn't even walk to the mail box. I thought I was dying. I finally realized it must be the new Insulin. I stopped, and told my doctor I wanted to return to the Lantus. She agreed. I am slowly beginning to feel better, but it has been two weeks, and I'm still not back to my old self. This is a terrible drug. I also gained 6 pounds on top of everything else. How could this drug ever get approval?"

Shaffee (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 28, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 1 "So delighted that Tresiba immediately helped my dawn phenomena. So many years of morning highs on Levemir. Wow.Then disaster struck . Bad bloating , nausea and dizziness plus weight gain. The insulin nurse said ‘she doubts it’s the insulin’ and not to go back to the other one if it’s working’. After googling side effects I think it maybe the cause so I will rebel and see what happens."

Sugarlump84 November 15, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Been diabetic since 2001. Was on oral meds till 2007 and then was put on Insulin (Humalog and Lantus). CVS-Caremark stopped covering Lantus and so in March 2017 I switched to Tresiba. My A1C improved dramatically. My last reading was 6.5 which is a number I have not seen in a long time. I also find that taking the shot is easier (I always felt a burn with Lantus). I am glad CVS forced my endo to change my insulin."

Shyll Subra (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 25, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "My blood sugar has dropped and stabiluzed with Tresiba. I had a reading of 91 before coffee yesterday. I feel better and think this is a great breakthrough for me."

Rjgnation (taken for less than 1 month) October 5, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "My blood glucose was under control with readings around 100. I was taking long acting insulin twice a day and short acting 3 times a day. My doc insisted I switch to tresiba (50u). My appetite has increased, especially craving for carbs. My fasting morning blood glucose is often over 200"

pegleggreg (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 30, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 1 "I have been diabetic for about 50 years. Forty of those years I used Regular and NPH insulin. I never had any problems at all. My A1c readings were in the mid 6's most of the time. A new doctor comes along and wants all her diabetics to conform to textbook examples. She decided my insulins were old fashioned and outdated. She changes me over to Tresiba. After a couple weeks my sugar would drop around 100 to 200 points from midnight to about 8 in the morning. I have to make sure my sugar is above 225 at midnight to not wake with a 40 or 50. I was 320 once and 8 hours later it was 84. This stuff is scary."

TimBo266 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 20, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "This medicine is not for me it swells my face and hands unbelievable"

maefchisolm (taken for less than 1 month) September 18, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I've been on Tresiba for about 2 months however 9 days ago started with horrible diarrhea Lower abdominal pain nausea with vomiting my doctor wants me to stay on this stuff "

Lonwood (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 16, 2017