User Reviews for Tresiba

Learn more about Tresiba.

Diabetes, Type 2 13 reviews 140 medications

7.3
Diabetes, Type 1 18 reviews 70 medications

5.5
Summary of Tresiba reviews 31 reviews 6.4

Reviews for Tresiba

For Diabetes, Type 2 "This medicine has dropped my blood sugar almost 100 points vs same dose of another long acting insulin."

Cliff Hursey April 3, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "At first I saw little effect, until I reached 65 units, It was not a remarkable change 10 pts on my sugar reading. But I got a weird laryngitis and a persistent cough with throat phlegm that went from Christmas until mid March when I finally figured out it was caused by Tresiba. Stopping the inject let the symptoms go away. Very uncomfortable side effects."

StihlAER (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 8, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Started this about 2 months ago. I believe it is far superior to lantus and levemir. It doesn't peak, just gives me a good basal insulin dose. I would recommend it. It also helps with my problem of high morning numbers. With diet, Trulicity, Metformin and tresiba, I have morning numbers of 100-116 and have lost 37 lbs in 3-4 months. I used to wake up to 180 -240. I started at 80 units a day and I'm now down to just 8."

Casadejoe (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 17, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have only been taking tresiba for 3 days (43 units in the morning) but my readings are quite a bit lower after meals and I am using less of my novalog. The fluctuation of highs to normal isn't so frequent and is staying more stable and in a healthy range. No nausea, headaches or any side effects. I will say that I tried victoza last year and that stuff was like poison. The nausea and migraines were unbearable. I have never tried Lantus"

Mpayne4 January 20, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 1 "I've been on insulin since 1985, most recently Humalog and Lantus, I;ve been taking Tresiba for 6 weeks now, 30 units at bedtime and I almost never use the Humalog unless I eat something high in carbs. It is almost like being off the multiple shots I was on at every meal, I recently got a Dexcom CGM and can monitor my sugars constantly."

Halralph January 12, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 1 "I've been a type1 for 3 years now. My glucose levels haven't been well controlled.My last A1C was 12,the best was an 8. My work hours fluctuate, taking a shot, or eating" at the same time everyday is near impossible. I've just switched from Lantus a few weeks ago, had to cut my dose from 30 to 26. Tresiba is more powerful, causing lows. Not complaining, just a little scary, especially at night. It's trial and error, as the whole "my pancreas stopped making insulin, so I have to manage the "mimic the natural production"" thing. I haven't experienced any side effects, as I've been reading in the thread. Think I have a winner. I have an endo apt soon. Luck!"

BetsyBz (taken for less than 1 month) January 9, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 1 "I am a Type 1 diabetic for 43 years. I have used virtually every insulin available as well as various insulin pumps over the many years I have been dealing with diabetes. None of the long acting insulins I have ever taken has behaved so well as far as keeping blood sugar stable while fasting. I now have to question whether I ever had dawn phenomenon since I no longer seem to have any rise in blood sugar in the morning. My guess is that we all have different responses to the different insulins. For me this is a game changer. Best I have felt in many years. Keep in mind that it for me it took about a week to see good results and I adjusted the dose in the second week as well. Hope more people have same experience."

Odffh (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 31, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 1 "Type 1 diabetic for 28 years. Went from split dose Levemir to spit dose Tresiba. I was dizzy and still having high DP and early evening. Switched to dosing Tresiba X1/d. Blood sugars were perfect no hypos or highs. But the headaches were so debilitating I could not participate in life. I am going back to Levemir. My total dose that worked on Tresiba was only 4 units ( Levemir it was 9). Also, I totally lost my appetite and threw up a couple of times but still somewhat bizarrely gained 3 pounds! I went from 115-117.9. I have a hunch I was starting to develope peripheral edema. I am a medical professional so I just use my own judgement wether to continue. I think everyone should give Tresiba a try. But be cautious and listen to your body."

sunshine1959 (taken for less than 1 month) December 23, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "It controlled my blood sugar, but I gained weight at an alarming weight. 40 lbs in 8 months. Plus my nose was always running, coughing and sinus problems . All this plus exhaustion. Not worth it!!!"

0927imwonder (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 9, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Went straight to emergency room everything violently left my body within seconds of injection"

teresalredding (taken for less than 1 month) December 6, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 1 "Went from twice daily Levemir to Tresiba. Controlled blood sugars equally well. Did like the convenience of once daily injections. HOWEVER, I gained 12 pounds over 4 months. Cannot attribute the weight gain to anything else (exact same diet, exercise, and labwork fine)."

Type 1.5 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 30, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Effective in reducing blood sugar level for 5 to 8 hours."

suspet (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 13, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 1 "The only thing I hate is the pen injector pushes very hard it actually bothers my thumb joint after 6 months I have to use my other hand to push the injector button in. They need to get them like my lantuas which hardly takes any effort. I will probrably switch back to lantuas just because of that. You think after all the effort put into creating insulin they wouldn't cut corners on the injection pen.."

Tresiba Work Good (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 3, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 1 "Been taking Tresiba about 3 months. It is really good so far. Seems to keep my sugar under control. I especially notice it does really well at the 24 hour mark. When taking humulin N, my sugar would rise at around the 18 hour mark and continue rising until it was time to dose again around 7 am. The rise would be up in the 3 or 4 hundreds. Now my blood sugar does not rise at that time at all. In fact, it goes crazy low. I'm completely hypoglycemic unaware with this insulin until i actually test my sugar, and it will be in the thirties and forties. Such s strange feeling being that low and not being aware of it. Haven't had my a1c tested on it yet, but overall it seems to be working well."

Maybe great (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 28, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 1 "My 18 yo son has been taking Tresiba for about 6 mos and his A1C dropped from 13 to 7. But he has been developing hives lately and this is the only thing new or different in his environment or routine. We aren't positive at this point Tresibas the cause, but it's not looking good"

Hodgbodg October 22, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 1 "this med is awful for me. I am more out of control than I was on lantus. terrible headaches in the afternoon and evening. my hypo awareness is worse. if it wasn't for my cgm I would probably be in hospital or dead. I think new meds are a great thing, but when your insurance renews in oct - nov people can no longer afford it due to copays ,so they have to change back to a more affordable med and start all over again it's a terrible way to live."

Mia H September 22, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "MY experience has been amazing I started on lantus and progressively my A1-C kept getting higher 100mg of lantus and slidin scale of novalog easily for ten year's . So I talked to my doctor and asked her to try teojeo with me that didn't help either my A1C was at an 8+. Two month's ago I started tresiba my A1C after two months dropped to 7.1 and I lost 16.4 #s . MY attitude my energy has increased I'm feeling a 110% better all in two months. I'm glad the rep talked to my doctor about this med it's been a life changer."

Shawnreal (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 21, 2016

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 1 "I've been a Type I diabetic for 14 years and just recently (within the past month) made the switch from Lantus to Tresiba. I have had constant headaches in the afternoons since switching and today is the second time the pen has just stopped working. I will be partially through the injection when the pen stops dispersing the insulin - you can press on the plunger but nothing comes out and the numbers do not go down. Not having insulin when your life depends on it is the scariest feeling in the world."

Julia from Richmond August 26, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 1 "I have been a diabetic for 51 yrs. I used Lantus as my bedtime insulin and Novolog on sliding scale for meals. I was taken off Lantus by Endo and replaced it with Tresibia. 1st day I noticed dizziness, 2nd day it was worse on 3rd day I can't walk across a room for I am going side ways. I am so sick for i feel like I am on a merry go round non stop. My BS dropped to 25 this morning and with the dizziness and this I was in a bad shape!!! Back to my Lantus I go and Tresibia is in TRASH where it belongs!!!!!!"

Volgirl (taken for less than 1 month) August 15, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 1 "Type 1 diabetes for 33 years. I try to take meticulous control of my diabetes but it is always difficult to control my blood sugars. Having tried both Lantus and Levemir, and not wanting to go on a pump again, I tried Tresiba. Tresiba is just like being on a pump, except for my required injuections of novolog before food intake. Sugars consistently run in the low 100s to 125. Now I feel like my blood sugar needs to be corrected if it gets to 170. On both Lantus and Levemir I would've been content with a reading of 170. Tresiba is like being on a pump without the pump. It will take at least 8 days to get your Tresiba dosage correct, do not give up. My sugars were in the 300s while converting from Levemir to Tresiba."

zoe126 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 31, 2016

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Switched from Lantus to Toujeo. Same results. Not at goal. Then seas switched to Treseba. Tastings are more or less in the low 100s each and every day. Not fearing hypos like before and feel much better"

GeeEL (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 1 "I have been taking 14 units each morning for the past 3 weeks. Week one not bad I think because of the transition from Lantus to Trebisa. Week 2 started having highs in the morning with meals and then dropping low starting around 4pm. Week three highs still in the morning and having to take triple Novolog (1 unit per 15 carbs) and then by 4 pm dropping to the 40's and 50's and having to drink up to 3 8oz glasses of OJ to level back out. This week I am trying to split the dosage to 7 units in the morning and 7 at night. That was a fail, I ran high all night. With all these challenges Dr. switched me back to Lantus."

Symone Vincent July 22, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I've been on tresiba for 6months. Along with victoza For my t2 While my a1c has went from above16 down to an 8 in the first 3 months I've gained 30lbs and I suffer horrible diahria On the days I forget to take my shots I don't suffer.I also have to be treated for constant uti since I've been on the tresiba. I've been on victoza 2 years now Not sure if anyone else has a side effect of this or if it's another condition but I'm suffering from joint pain that continues to get worse"

Waytohigh (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 9, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 1 "itching urinary frequency and thirst way beyond wnl"

amishclay (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 1, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Tresiba in three weeks what Lantus 40 units couldn't, lower blood sugar and have me at normal 120-125. Love it."

GeorgeSR June 24, 2016