User Reviews for Tresiba

Diabetes, Type 1
4.3

Summary of Tresiba reviews 5.0 86 reviews

Reviews for Tresiba

For Diabetes, Type 1 "Have been on Tresiba for 8 months and experienced weight gain, leg cramps and a kind of hopeless lethargy. Have also developed lichen sclerosis and parathyroid problems since starting. My diabetes team has been extremely resistant to me returning to lantus which I was using before and insisted that tresiba does not cause any problems. I have now taken the initiative to return to lantus on my own and I actually feel ‘clear’ again. I’m very disappointed in my health professionals in this case. I have been type 1 for 45 years."

Buster52 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 16, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 1 "This insulin is horrible. I've been a type 1, diagnosed as an adult, for 10 years. I was told, as many it seems, this is the best new insulin...I just try it. I've been trying it now for months. My sugars are sky high, sky high during the day, lows in middle of the night. How is this a flat, stable insulin. I too just unbearable tired, like I'm on sleeping pills or something, and nauseous too since starting this. I don't know if it's because my BG's are so messed up from this insulin or if it's the insulin. I've tried it, titrated dose. I'm very tiny and use very little insulin, only about 6 units basal per day. But this stuff, dry mouth, more weight loss but I too got really swollen ankles, feeling very tight. It's the worst insulin I've ever tried. I don't believe the positive comments are from real patients...I believe they're fake from Tresiba Reps. This is horrible stuff..worst BG control ever and I have A1C's typically in the 6's. since on this gone up to 8s."

PetiteType1 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 5, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have type 2 diabetes and been on 45 units a day of Tresiba for a year and it has not brought my A1C down. Just has not worked for me."

Farmerdude (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 20, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 1 "51 years a type 1 diabetic. Currently using Tresiba and Humalog. Since beginning Tresiba 1 month ago (over RELION NPH) I have reduced daily blood sugar swings consistently. The daily Humalog (formerly RELION REGULAR) is only a VERY FEW units - morning basal is 13 units (at 5 am) and evening basal is 10-12 units (at 5-6 pm). I use Dexcom g6 and a1c is 5.0 currently. Purchasing Tresiba CHEAPER or more AFFORDABLY would be nice - this takes a good deal of my income and this is the only thing really discouraging about this wonderful insulin."

ben (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 18, 2019

For Diabetes Mellitus "My blood glucose had been hard to control for the last 6 months. Then my endo put me on Tresiba, wow the results are amazing. I am mostly in the 100's now before I was up in the 300's. I was a bit afraid to start it but it was so worth it to have blood glucose under control."

Seren (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 17, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 1 "I am having huge problems with this new insulin. My doctor told me it was a new “miracle” long acting insulin. I was very excited to try it! I’ve been using it for about 4 weeks with terrible results. I feel like I have no long acting insulin in my body. My glucose readings are all over the place and if I go to bed with levels of6-8, I was wake up they are 18 - 20. This means I start my day in a terrible mood and feeling horrible. I started at 20 units and now at 28 units daily with no difference. I have an appointment soon and going to ask if I can just go back to Lantus or Toujeo. My glucose got so high one day that it was off the chart and couldn’t give a number, just said “high”. Very disappointed and do not recommend this product!!"

Dadwithtype1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 13, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 1 "Since I have been using tresiba for my type 1 diabetes my blood sugar levels have gone up from my usual low of 109 to a high of 199, to now well over 600. I was wondering how long it was suppose to start working then when I checked it can take 4 hours to get into your body but should last at least 24 hours, but my levels are too high."

Jrteer (taken for less than 1 month) April 5, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Pen for Tresiba is not working, the spring action is too weak, I can't inject the proper units."

Saab (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 4, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been on this for 1 month and my side effects are swelling in hands feet. I take it at night and sugars increase. Don't recommend"

Tweet March 21, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2 "My Endo who is a PA not even a MD. Prescribed Tresiba to me, I took the Triseba for about 2 weeks. I noticed I was getting headaches every day, dry mouth, constant thirst, stomach cramps, IBS symptoms such as bloating and the runs and slightly blurred vision. Well the other day I went into see the PA / endo guy, I told him I quit taking the Tresiba and that I re started taking my Lantus. 2 x a day... OMG he got so angry and upset that he up and walked out of the room when I was talking to him during mid sentence. He actually said If you aren't going to do things " MY WAY" then there is no use for you to see me. Thats right. I am going to look around this week for a new Endo. That kind of attitude is highly un professional..... I explained to him that I was not going to take a medication that causes me painful side affects . No I'll Never take Tresiba again...."

jsc February 4, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Before Tresiba I was taking 2000 mgs Metformin daily and Trulicity injections weekly. My A1C was consistently 9+. I am currently on Tresiba 10 units daily (started 1/15/2019) along with the 2000 mgs of Metformin and off the Trulicity. My numbers are now consistently under 200. I have lost weight and am feeling MUCH better. Can't wait to see what my A1C is!"

Mama Bear (taken for less than 1 month) February 1, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 1 "My Endo gave me samples of Tresiba to try, and I used it for a little over a month. Adverse symptoms included dense brain fog, feeling like I had the flu for weeks on end, and one brief/mild episode of hives on day 12 that benadryl knocked out, and they didn't return. My biggest complaint was the incredibly volatile sugar levels. I use a Dexcom, and it was sending out fast rise/drop alarms 2-3 times an hour - up, up, down, up, down, down. It was exhausting. Endo adjusted the dose several times (3 days between each switch), but nothing helped. One thing I didn't try was splitting the dose over 12 hours, but have read where others have had some success with that. I just couldn't get level, even after 2 days of going completely carb free. I went back to Levemir and within 12 hours felt most symptoms alleviate, and in 24 hours, was back to 100%. I'm really glad I had the chance to try it, but may be allergic to it, so won't be going back."

Cee December 30, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Since starting this insulin about two years ago I've been to the ER at least 4 times with severe stomach pain. Had CAT scans. Full work up and they couldn't find anything wrong. Never had these issues before I started taking this medication. Going to switch to a different insulin. Bad insulin. AVOID"

Joe December 21, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 1 "I’ve been on tresiba for just under a week (made the switch from levemir) and have mixed feelings. Although it’s still early days in terms of fine tuning the dose, I feel like it would probably be a great option in terms of enabling more consistent and lower blood glucose levels. HOWEVER, since day 3 I have felt absolutely dreadful. I have had chronic diarrhoea, that just doesn’t seem to go away. Awful agony stomach pains. I’ve felt exhausted, far beyond what I’ve ever felt before. To the point where I feel like I could sleep 24/7. And I’ve felt breath-less for no reason also. I really want tresiba to be a viable option for me, but unfortunately it looks like it’s the most likely cause of these symptoms. So I’ll be on the phone to my diabetes team tomorrow, looks like another switch will be necessary. Just hoping I’ll start to feel remotely normal soon!!"

Izzy (taken for less than 1 month) November 4, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "My experience with Tresiba has been outstanding. After getting the type 2 diagnosis this year I was started on Lantus twice a day. After 3 months ac1 went from above 11 to 5.8 no lie. Got switched to Tresiba which was very difficult to get through insurance and now am at once a day steady 5.5-5.7. Once a day is great no burn on injection and I feel as normal as normal can be. My end dr. felt their was a lot more protective properties with tresiba and like the long lasting affects. My wife just got switched to a low dose and her numbers are coming down as well. Fantastic product."

chief Broady October 27, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 1 "It's been a month now using Tresiba and I'm amazed at my results. Especially my overnight blood sugars. I utilize a Freestyle Libre flash blood glucose monitor and when I test in the middle of the night when I go to the washroom and then again when I wake up I can see that the graph is consistently flat throughout the night. I was on twice a day Lantus prior to this and my FGM would show me spiking at around 3am night after night. Not so with Tresiba. After 45 years of being a type 1 diab I am very happy that I decided to try this...so far. BTW the flash glucose monitoring I highly recommend too. My HgA1c went from 7.8 - 6.8 in just over 6 months b/c I can test as much as I want and know exactly what's happening all the time. Amazing advancements in my personal care thanks to these 2 products."

LongTermDiab October 24, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 1 "I have been a type 1 diabetic for 29 years...since 1989. I have been on nearly every insulin (think pig or bovine). My endo recommended the switch to Tresiba because it was “the poor man’s pump” nearly two years ago. I was made to believe I was ill in other ways (PCP and many test that were negative). My stomach hasn’t been right in two years. I watch my caloric intake like a hawk! I have gained weight, lost energy, and felt sicker than I have ever felt. I went from running half marathons to walking a few miles per week...this is THE connection. I appreciate those that validate your response to this medication. It may be different than others, but it has had a drastic negative effect on me."

Cando October 11, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I started on tresiba and started off immediately by headache then dry scratchy throat then runny nose which ended up with respiratory infection. I have Cystic Fibrosis so cannot take anything that can lower my immunity so I stopped it and switched to something else. I only started taking tresiba because Insurance no longer covered my old medication. Along with that I gained 7 pounds in six days. After being off tresiba for 2 days the weight is gone and I’m feeling better. Don’t use if you have respiratory issues."

Lori (taken for less than 1 month) September 22, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "My Dr. Prescribed this insulin call Tresiba because my A1C was around 7. I have been taking it about 2 weeks now and I feel horrible . I feel nauseous and my stomach feels bloated. Prior to this I was taking kombiglyze XR for 5 years but it wasn't keeping my a1c down enough , but I didn't have these nasty side effects (only loose stools but that didn't bother me because I can easily get constipated)"

Sulah (taken for less than 1 month) September 7, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 1 "My new doctor put me on Tresiba about a month ago (I was previously on Lantus) because she said it is the most stable long acting insulin. I have had T1D (type 1 diabetes) for over 4 years now and NEVER have I had so much trouble with my blood sugars. I have very good control (A1Cs range from 5.4-6.1, average blood sugar around 115-120 mg/dL), and while on this insulin my average was 148 mg/dL. I woke up low every morning, I'd lower the dose, then wake up high every morning. I started dreading meals because I knew I would have either an extreme low or extreme high afterward. I lost so many hours of sleep staying up trying to stabilize my blood sugar. I switched back to Lantus yesterday and already my blood sugars today have been 125 and 103 mg/dL today. So much more stable. Please steer clear of Tresiba. It's absolutely awful."

Em (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 30, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 1 "I'm so conflicted with my beloved Tresiba. I started it last year and my sugars have been amazing, especially the last few months. Went from 9 something to 7.2 and bet I'd still be or even in the 6's as of last month. Why am I conflicted? I've had debilitating stomach cramping, chronic diarrhea and nausea and other awful chronic problems (I noticed other people mentioned headaches and colds and I had those too). Been to Drs and everything comes back 'normal'. Despite my sugars, I am a wreck now, I realized the ONLY thing I've changed in my lifestyle is the Tresiba. I'm going on a week off it and don't know for certain yet, since my symptoms come and go (1 day I'm fine and next they're back) but I'm going to try to stick it out and see. As far as blood sugar control, I've woken up in the 3 and 400'sI'm when off of it. It definitely is a great insulin for my levels. Devastated if I need to find another one now but excited if my symptoms improve."

Ava_Adore (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 30, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I went to the doctor for a follow up on my blood work. Turns out my A1C was a 12. I’m a newly diagnosed diabetic and my doctor put me on Tresiba and Toujeo along with metformin and glimerpiride. At first I was given some samples of the tresiba and had to wait on the toujeo due to insurance cost. I had a little itching but it subsided. I have finally found the correct dose of tresiba and it works great so far along with my other diabetic medications. You just have to find the correct amount of insulin units unfortunately for your body."

Mike Honcho (taken for less than 1 month) August 13, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 1 "I am 34, and have been on many insulin’s over the past 21 years. A BIG problem on this insulin was I gained about 15 pounds on it. The most frustrating part for me was that my legs felt really REALLY SWOLLEN all the time. They were very tight and uncomfortable. It was as if the weight I had put on had gone to mostly my legs. I spoke with my doctor and she said that was a very common side effect on Tresiba due to it being a super long acting insulin. She also said I wasn’t the only patient who had complained of that. Anyways, I went off of it and went back on Levemir insulin. Levemir never made me gain weight and never made my legs feel tight. I just felt like I needed to give Tresiba a chance because it was new. If you’re reading this I hope it works for you - I couldn’t handle the side effects."

Nomie84 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 8, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been on Tresiba for only 5 days - I cannot get my sugars to drop below 200 - they are actually more in the high 2s / low 3s. We are working with the dose - started at 20U (200U pen) and high all the time - now I'm on 26U - still high. The doc said give this 3 more days then increase to 32U. I am not having any other side effects. I was on metformin (took myself off that) and a pump which was not working very well. So I am hoping that once we get the dose figured out it will be worth it. I am also starting on Ozempic but have only had one dose so far. I'm trying to be optimistic - as I am really loving not having to wear a pump - honestly - this keeps me more honest - when I can dose for food - it gave me more freedom to cheat!"

PensGirl (taken for less than 1 month) July 31, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 1 "Tresiba is awesome. I was on multi pumps for the last 20 years with a with an A1c around 6.2-6.7 and a std dev of about 50 to now my A1C of 5.1-5.6 std dev of about 25-30. This is a magnificent drug. I keep flat most the day, its like a magnet want me to be in range. I take it first thing when I wake up."

Greatness (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 31, 2018