User Reviews for Tresiba

Learn more about Tresiba.

Diabetes, Type 2 7 reviews 138 medications

Diabetes, Type 1 14 reviews 70 medications

5.1
Summary of Tresiba reviews 21 reviews 6.5

Reviews for Tresiba

For Diabetes, Type 1 "Went from twice daily Levemir to Tresiba. Controlled blood sugars equally well. Did like the convenience of once daily injections. HOWEVER, I gained 12 pounds over 4 months. Cannot attribute the weight gain to anything else (exact same diet, exercise, and labwork fine)."

Type 1.5 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 30, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Effective in reducing blood sugar level for 5 to 8 hours."

suspet (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 13, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 1 "The only thing I hate is the pen injector pushes very hard it actually bothers my thumb joint after 6 months I have to use my other hand to push the injector button in. They need to get them like my lantuas which hardly takes any effort. I will probrably switch back to lantuas just because of that. You think after all the effort put into creating insulin they wouldn't cut corners on the injection pen.."

Tresiba Work Good (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 3, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 1 "Been taking Tresiba about 3 months. It is really good so far. Seems to keep my sugar under control. I especially notice it does really well at the 24 hour mark. When taking humulin N, my sugar would rise at around the 18 hour mark and continue rising until it was time to dose again around 7 am. The rise would be up in the 3 or 4 hundreds. Now my blood sugar does not rise at that time at all. In fact, it goes crazy low. I'm completely hypoglycemic unaware with this insulin until i actually test my sugar, and it will be in the thirties and forties. Such s strange feeling being that low and not being aware of it. Haven't had my a1c tested on it yet, but overall it seems to be working well."

Maybe great (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 28, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 1 "My 18 yo son has been taking Tresiba for about 6 mos and his A1C dropped from 13 to 7. But he has been developing hives lately and this is the only thing new or different in his environment or routine. We aren't positive at this point Tresibas the cause, but it's not looking good"

Hodgbodg October 22, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 1 "this med is awful for me. I am more out of control than I was on lantus. terrible headaches in the afternoon and evening. my hypo awareness is worse. if it wasn't for my cgm I would probably be in hospital or dead. I think new meds are a great thing, but when your insurance renews in oct - nov people can no longer afford it due to copays ,so they have to change back to a more affordable med and start all over again it's a terrible way to live."

Mia H September 22, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "MY experience has been amazing I started on lantus and progressively my A1-C kept getting higher 100mg of lantus and slidin scale of novalog easily for ten year's . So I talked to my doctor and asked her to try teojeo with me that didn't help either my A1C was at an 8+. Two month's ago I started tresiba my A1C after two months dropped to 7.1 and I lost 16.4 #s . MY attitude my energy has increased I'm feeling a 110% better all in two months. I'm glad the rep talked to my doctor about this med it's been a life changer."

Shawnreal (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 21, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 1 "I've been a Type I diabetic for 14 years and just recently (within the past month) made the switch from Lantus to Tresiba. I have had constant headaches in the afternoons since switching and today is the second time the pen has just stopped working. I will be partially through the injection when the pen stops dispersing the insulin - you can press on the plunger but nothing comes out and the numbers do not go down. Not having insulin when your life depends on it is the scariest feeling in the world."

Julia from Richmond August 26, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 1 "I have been a diabetic for 51 yrs. I used Lantus as my bedtime insulin and Novolog on sliding scale for meals. I was taken off Lantus by Endo and replaced it with Tresibia. 1st day I noticed dizziness, 2nd day it was worse on 3rd day I can't walk across a room for I am going side ways. I am so sick for i feel like I am on a merry go round non stop. My BS dropped to 25 this morning and with the dizziness and this I was in a bad shape!!! Back to my Lantus I go and Tresibia is in TRASH where it belongs!!!!!!"

Volgirl (taken for less than 1 month) August 15, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 1 "Type 1 diabetes for 33 years. I try to take meticulous control of my diabetes but it is always difficult to control my blood sugars. Having tried both Lantus and Levemir, and not wanting to go on a pump again, I tried Tresiba. Tresiba is just like being on a pump, except for my required injuections of novolog before food intake. Sugars consistently run in the low 100s to 125. Now I feel like my blood sugar needs to be corrected if it gets to 170. On both Lantus and Levemir I would've been content with a reading of 170. Tresiba is like being on a pump without the pump. It will take at least 8 days to get your Tresiba dosage correct, do not give up. My sugars were in the 300s while converting from Levemir to Tresiba."

zoe126 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 31, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Switched from Lantus to Toujeo. Same results. Not at goal. Then seas switched to Treseba. Tastings are more or less in the low 100s each and every day. Not fearing hypos like before and feel much better"

GeeEL (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 1 "I have been taking 14 units each morning for the past 3 weeks. Week one not bad I think because of the transition from Lantus to Trebisa. Week 2 started having highs in the morning with meals and then dropping low starting around 4pm. Week three highs still in the morning and having to take triple Novolog (1 unit per 15 carbs) and then by 4 pm dropping to the 40's and 50's and having to drink up to 3 8oz glasses of OJ to level back out. This week I am trying to split the dosage to 7 units in the morning and 7 at night. That was a fail, I ran high all night. With all these challenges Dr. switched me back to Lantus."

Symone Vincent July 22, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I've been on tresiba for 6months. Along with victoza For my t2 While my a1c has went from above16 down to an 8 in the first 3 months I've gained 30lbs and I suffer horrible diahria On the days I forget to take my shots I don't suffer.I also have to be treated for constant uti since I've been on the tresiba. I've been on victoza 2 years now Not sure if anyone else has a side effect of this or if it's another condition but I'm suffering from joint pain that continues to get worse"

Waytohigh (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 9, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 1 "itching urinary frequency and thirst way beyond wnl"

amishclay (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 1, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Tresiba in three weeks what Lantus 40 units couldn't, lower blood sugar and have me at normal 120-125. Love it."

GeorgeSR June 24, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "This medicine is the best insulin , So far it out does all the rest my endo and I love it."

William Grimes June 22, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 1 "I've been a type 1 Diabetic for 21 years. I switched from Toujeo to Tresiba to try and combat the the low blood sugars I have while I'm asleep. My endo said this was the only type of LL insulin that had the compound breakdown to avoid the night time lows. Every review (there are hardly any patient reviews for this drug) has said it takes significantly lower doses on this then any other LL insulin. That has actually not been my experience. I've had to increase the LL dose and oddly enough, I still have those night time lows. Then all day my blood sugar is higher then it needs to be. Two weeks on it is plenty of time for my body to adjust, yet I'm still having the same issues. Not impressed with this insulin. Had much more stable BS on Toujeo"

Emmyyyyyy (taken for less than 1 month) May 23, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "70 units of Tresiba + 300 mg of Invokana at bedtime + Novolog on sliding scale before meals = 100-125 blood sugars. Tresiba achieved that which Levemir and, before that, Lantus could not. Tresiba has been terrific... so far."

Stevie Boy (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 13, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 1 "I started this new tresiba, was the first person in the state to start it. Right afterwards, when i did the switch from levemir to tresiba, I caught the worst cold known in the history of man, and i mean BAD too, I was so tired, and at night i coughed so bad, i'd lose my breath. Doctor told me I don't have a cold, as my lungs were crystal clear. No matter what I did I could not get rid of this cold, and it got worse by the day. I began to become suspicious when no one and I mean not a one around me caught this miserable cold. I put 2 and 2 together, and I said it must be tresiba. went back on levemir, and the cold was gone in 48 hours. No pharmacy knew about this or adverse effects, it was that new. Never again."

frank7968 April 3, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 1 "Very very happy. Only one shot a day & this stuff is smooth. Don't have to take as much apidra. Been taking it since 12/6/15 . Already reduced my total insulin intake from 48-50 units to just 40. Only take 30 Tresiba in morning & if blood sugar is 70-100 hardly no need for apidra with my normal breakfast. Probably will slowly come down on Tresiba. This is a breakthrough."

Johnpg (taken for less than 1 month) December 29, 2015

For Diabetes, Type 1 "I switched over to Tresiba when it became available for sale the week before Thanksgiving (2015), and I consider it my 'Dream Insulin'. I was taking split doses of Levemir for a total of 50 units, and with Tresiba I only need 32 units once daily for Excellent control. Far better than Levemir or previously Lantus. I've had no lows, and for me it is very smooth and even. With a 42 hour duration, it takes about 8 days to see full results so make changes slowly. In my case, Tresiba is actually less expensive than my Humalog pens! BTW - they have a new pen design. Extremely easy to use. The doctor told me I'm most likely the first person in the states to give it a try - IMHO two thumbs up for Tresiba!!"

Irish - Type I 52 years (taken for less than 1 month) December 10, 2015