User Reviews for Tresiba to treat Diabetes, Type 2

Tresiba Rating Summary

4.9/10 Average Rating

Compare all 161 medications used in the treatment of Diabetes, Type 2.

Reviews for Tresiba

Jano · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 7, 2020

“Ever since Tresiba I get constant headaches. My sugar levels rise terribly in the night. I been waking up with higher levels than before bed, even after a carbless snack. Sometimes I have a very light carb and protein and my levels are terrible. I get up in the night 2-3 times to goto the loo. That is unusual for me with or without carbs. My results were better with levemer .I am stuck for about a month till I see my doctor.”

Gene January 14, 2020

“I take Tresiba 50 units at night for almost 8 months now combine it with Janumet XR 100/ 1000 in the morning and 5 units of Novo Rapid with light carb lunch or 10units with full lunch. I buy all my medicine in the Philippines which is cheaper there. My total MED expense a month is around $ 200 with no RX insurance but just senior citizen discount. Here my co pay for just Januvia for 90 days supply is $800 while in Manila My wife can buy it for $1 a tablet of 100 mg Januvia. So for 90 days she spends only $90 against the $ 800 co pay here in US. Tresiba I heard will cost me $ 750 copay for a 90 days supply in USA another $750 co pay for Novo Rapid. Life is cheaper for diabetics in Philippines.”

mo · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 13, 2020

“I started taking Tresiba 2 months ago. Since then I have gained almost 15 lbs. I'm always tired, and I have respiratory problems. I seem to be sweating (arm pits) a lot. I don't think this drug is good at all. I'm hoping that my doctor can prescribe something else. I cannot wait to see him in a couple of weeks. Anyone else is unhappy?”

Sugar bear · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 5, 2020

“awful insulin. Do not use”

kronikpainz · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 12, 2019

“I feel like it has fewer side effects and better job at lowering my blood sugar than Levemir did and only having to inject once daily. With Levemir I was on 65 units twice daily and with Tresiba only 70 units once daily. The number one problem is I've gained 25 pounds quickly on Tresiba which was similar to the Levemir.”

chestnutter · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 26, 2019

“TResiba worked in the beginning but doesn't work anymore I take 56 units a night, and for example last night I had a half of a sweet potato with butter and my sugar when I woke up was 200 there is no rhyme or reason for how the medicine reacts. I have never relied on it to lower my A1C it is already at 6.1. I use it to lower my sugar at night but clearly that is not working anymore, I had no side effects from the drug at all. To top it off my new insurance will not cover it, maybe that is a blessing in disguise.”

patriciap · Taken for less than 1 month July 22, 2019

“I've been on Tresiba about a week and haven't really seen a drastic change in blood sugar but mostly I just feel awful since I started taking it. I felt so tired I started taking my blood pressure and several mornings it was under 110 over 65 but yesterday morning it was 187 / 85. Last night I didn't take it and I feel much better today. Anyone else have these kind of problems? The pharmacist says it's usually well tolerated but leave it to me I'm so medicine sensitive.”

loz · Taken for less than 1 month July 3, 2019

“I have type 2 diabetes and take 1000mg of slow release metformin. My DSN decided to start me on 10 units of Tresiba as by HBA1C had gone up to 7.5 and for the 8 days I was taking tresiba I felt like I had no control of my body , I had constant headaches, flu like symptoms including severe tiredness, itching , breathlessness , anxiety , ear congestion, my blood sugar levels were all over the place. Definitely not the medication for me, will be speaking to my DSN to see my other options. .”

Farmerdude · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 20, 2019

“I have type 2 diabetes and been on 45 units a day of Tresiba for a year and it has not brought my A1C down. Just has not worked for me.”

Saab · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 4, 2019

“Pen for Tresiba is not working, the spring action is too weak, I can't inject the proper units.”

Tweet March 21, 2019

“I have been on this for 1 month and my side effects are swelling in hands feet. I take it at night and sugars increase. Don't recommend”

jsc February 4, 2019

“My Endo who is a PA not even a MD. Prescribed Tresiba to me, I took the Triseba for about 2 weeks. I noticed I was getting headaches every day, dry mouth, constant thirst, stomach cramps, IBS symptoms such as bloating and the runs and slightly blurred vision. Well the other day I went into see the PA / endo guy, I told him I quit taking the Tresiba and that I re started taking my Lantus. 2 x a day... OMG he got so angry and upset that he up and walked out of the room when I was talking to him during mid sentence. He actually said If you aren't going to do things " MY WAY" then there is no use for you to see me. Thats right. I am going to look around this week for a new Endo. That kind of attitude is highly un professional..... I explained to him that I was not going to take a medication that causes me painful side affects . No I'll Never take Tresiba again....”

Mama Bear · Taken for less than 1 month February 1, 2019

“Before Tresiba I was taking 2000 mgs Metformin daily and Trulicity injections weekly. My A1C was consistently 9+. I am currently on Tresiba 10 units daily (started 1/15/2019) along with the 2000 mgs of Metformin and off the Trulicity. My numbers are now consistently under 200. I have lost weight and am feeling MUCH better. Can't wait to see what my A1C is!”

Joe December 21, 2018

“Since starting this insulin about two years ago I've been to the ER at least 4 times with severe stomach pain. Had CAT scans. Full work up and they couldn't find anything wrong. Never had these issues before I started taking this medication. Going to switch to a different insulin. Bad insulin. AVOID”

chief Broady October 27, 2018

“My experience with Tresiba has been outstanding. After getting the type 2 diagnosis this year I was started on Lantus twice a day. After 3 months ac1 went from above 11 to 5.8 no lie. Got switched to Tresiba which was very difficult to get through insurance and now am at once a day steady 5.5-5.7. Once a day is great no burn on injection and I feel as normal as normal can be. My end dr. felt their was a lot more protective properties with tresiba and like the long lasting affects. My wife just got switched to a low dose and her numbers are coming down as well. Fantastic product.”

Lori · Taken for less than 1 month September 22, 2018

“I started on tresiba and started off immediately by headache then dry scratchy throat then runny nose which ended up with respiratory infection. I have Cystic Fibrosis so cannot take anything that can lower my immunity so I stopped it and switched to something else. I only started taking tresiba because Insurance no longer covered my old medication. Along with that I gained 7 pounds in six days. After being off tresiba for 2 days the weight is gone and I’m feeling better. Don’t use if you have respiratory issues.”

Sulah · Taken for less than 1 month September 7, 2018

“My Dr. Prescribed this insulin call Tresiba because my A1C was around 7. I have been taking it about 2 weeks now and I feel horrible . I feel nauseous and my stomach feels bloated. Prior to this I was taking kombiglyze XR for 5 years but it wasn't keeping my a1c down enough , but I didn't have these nasty side effects (only loose stools but that didn't bother me because I can easily get constipated)”

Mike Honcho · Taken for less than 1 month August 13, 2018

“I went to the doctor for a follow up on my blood work. Turns out my A1C was a 12. I’m a newly diagnosed diabetic and my doctor put me on Tresiba and Toujeo along with metformin and glimerpiride. At first I was given some samples of the tresiba and had to wait on the toujeo due to insurance cost. I had a little itching but it subsided. I have finally found the correct dose of tresiba and it works great so far along with my other diabetic medications. You just have to find the correct amount of insulin units unfortunately for your body.”

PensGirl · Taken for less than 1 month July 31, 2018

“I have been on Tresiba for only 5 days - I cannot get my sugars to drop below 200 - they are actually more in the high 2s / low 3s. We are working with the dose - started at 20U (200U pen) and high all the time - now I'm on 26U - still high. The doc said give this 3 more days then increase to 32U. I am not having any other side effects. I was on metformin (took myself off that) and a pump which was not working very well. So I am hoping that once we get the dose figured out it will be worth it. I am also starting on Ozempic but have only had one dose so far. I'm trying to be optimistic - as I am really loving not having to wear a pump - honestly - this keeps me more honest - when I can dose for food - it gave me more freedom to cheat!”

mark · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 20, 2018

“So my doctor put me on Tresiba as metformin didn't agree with my system but worked. I was at a low does of Tresiba now I am at 45 units every evening but it just stopped working. It doesn't matter what I eat it can be low in the evening then after I take Tresiba it will be high for example took my blood sugar at night at 176 took the Tresiba at night woke up and my sugar was 222 and this is an ongoing battle. Clearly this is something that is not working for me at all.”

Ray · Taken for less than 1 month June 7, 2018

“I was on this medication for a little over a month. I began itching shortly after I started it. It controlled my sugar...but I have nearly went crazy itching!”

Kay · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 9, 2018

“Since December I have had to switch insulin 3 times due to insurance plan. I am experiencing UTI symptoms continually. My physician will not believe it is the Tresiba. Stopped taking the insulin yesterday and finally the UTI symptoms are receding. Anyone else have this problem?”

Betty Johnson · Taken for less than 1 month May 1, 2018

“I have been on Tresiba for 4 days and already have a raging UTI. No one would admit that it could be the insulin, but found proof online that it is very common among older women with type 2 diabetes. I am stopping it immediately since it will probably become recurring. Anyone else have this problem with it?”

Grandpa65 December 9, 2017

“I been a Type 2 for 15 years. I have been of Tresiba for 6 months. I have gained 25 lbs in the first two months of using Tresiba. I exercise daily and I watch my diet... I take Tresiba first thing in the morning... Around 60 units... My BGL readings before breakfast could be around 130 to 150... For breakfast in the morning consist of 3 eggs Bacon and a slice of Honey Wheat Bread with butter... The Carbs per slice is 13 Cards... At noon when I check my sugar levels my BGL is up over 200. I'm lost when it come to insulin. I have had serious reactions to other forms of insulin. Tresiba was my only hope and it doesn't look good.”

Shaffee · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 28, 2017

“I took this medication for 4 weeks. I was on Lantus prior. I got a headache which I thought would go away, however it didn't. I became bloated and started getting flu like symptoms. Only wanted to sleep, and felt I couldn't even walk to the mail box. I thought I was dying. I finally realized it must be the new Insulin. I stopped, and told my doctor I wanted to return to the Lantus. She agreed. I am slowly beginning to feel better, but it has been two weeks, and I'm still not back to my old self. This is a terrible drug. I also gained 6 pounds on top of everything else. How could this drug ever get approval?”