User Reviews for Toujeo SoloStar

Diabetes, Type 1
2.5

Summary of Toujeo SoloStar reviews 5.0 28 reviews

Reviews for Toujeo SoloStar

For Diabetes, Type 1 "Blood sugars have never been more off the chart than since I switched to toujeo, going from extreme highs to dangerous lows and going to bed with normal blood sugar and get up with it through the roof. DISASTER"

Honeybee (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 25, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 1 "Have used Toujeo for 7 months. It does NOTHING! Use greater amounts of Humalog. Really don't like toujeo at all!"

Mimi (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 22, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 1 "A little background: I’m a T1 diabetic who’s successfully used pens forever. I’m also a medical student and like to tinker with my prescriptions when I learn new stuff. I had been on a split-dose of Lantus for years and had given decludec (Tresiba) a shot with frustrating results. I was tired of the split Lantus, so I opted to give Toujeo a try – my endo advised me that many of her patients liked Tresiba better, but I had the exact opposite experience. My A1Cs went from 6.9 to 6.5 to 6.3 while on Toujeo… it hasn’t been 6.3 since high school! At first, my Toujeo dose was lower than the Lantus dose I’d been on, but I experienced the two-month bump I’d read about – basically, I had to increase back up to my old Lantus dose after 2 months. Only other downside is that the pen tips seem to get clogged more easily… which just reminds me that I should be changing them out more often anyway! Very, very happy with Toujeo overall."

LBishop (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 21, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I started this medicine a year ago. I take 15 units before bed plus 2 Metformin pills a day. At first, I was getting fantastic results. Waking blood sugar every morning was under 100 and no side effects. Now, a year later, I have an itchy, scaly rash on my right side that will not go away, waking blood sugars are all over the place ranging from the 180's to the 280's, blurry vision, and tiredness. I've had no changes in diet or exercise and I'm not overweight. It's as if the drug just stopped working altogether. I am requesting my doctor take me off this and try something else."

satsas January 18, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 1 "Like it, however, since their is no generic, it cost an arm and a leg. In the type 1 and 2 world, we need those. I have been on it for approximately 3 years, and noticed that my blood sugar is more stable overnight, however, upon waking BS raise fast, which then I use humalog. I'm 32 years old, type 1 at 5.6"

Sherm1 January 16, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 1 "Do not use this insulin! It needs to be recalled asap! The first few months I was on it were fabulous, rock steady blood sugars. Last week all of a sudden it stopped working for me. I tried multiple batches and this was not a refrigeration or site injection issue. Other type ones have gone through this same issue. There is an article on diabetes daily toujeo-insulin-the-problem-i-had-with-this-insulin I understand that some may enjoy it, as I did, but it is unpredictable and not safe for use. How this is even on the market is beyond me. Do not use!"

Elly H December 25, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "About 1 1/2 weeks into using Toujeo, 50 units at night, I started having rapid heartbeat and constant extra/skipped heartbeats. Dr said Toujeo could NOT cause that. Wore a halter monitor for 3 days. My Dr. asked me if I had always had an "irregular heartbeat." Hello?? No Dr. ever told me that and I never had one. You'd think my Dr. might know that? However, my nutritionist looked it up on her computer and said, "Oh, I'm sorry to tell you this, but irregular heartbeat is one of the most common side effects of Toujeo." I looked it up myself and sure enough...there it was. I stopped on my own...about 3 weeks later heartbeat slowly returned to normal. Toujeo caused??? YES, I think so."

Sugar pie (taken for less than 1 month) October 30, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "My numbers have gone from 320 in the morning to 120. I do wake up with a headache but subsides after an hour or two."

Ydnic60 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 19, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 1 "My blood sugars had been somewhat erratic, so my doctor suggested switching me from Lantus to Toujeo. The only benefit I've found with Toujeo is the ease with which the insulin injects (my Lantus pens took more effort to push). My sugars are more consistent now, but they are consistently high. I am hoping that this is just an adjustment period, but based upon the other negative reviews I've read, I don't think so. I expect that I'll be switching back to Lantus."

Tbbxny February 27, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Toujeo Solostar was a vast improvement over the old insulin, the best part is the needles. The only thing that sucks, province of Ontario does not approve it. I wish they would get their act together. I am a senior and I have to pay for this type of insulin. I may have to change back to the old insulin soon unless Ontario Government approves it."

gudnason February 12, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Brought A1C down from 13 to 6.5"

Debannie1959 January 16, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have taken TOUJEO for 1&1/2 years now I have broken out with a rash & itching over my entire body for the past three months. Told my doctor he said that can't happen with insulin. I've been to three doctors all tell me the same. I STOPPED TAKEN TOUJEO The rash is starting to clear but it is slow in clearing. there is nothing that helps. ."

djricciyahoo.com (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 13, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I started taking the toujeo 20 units at night about 1 month ago and started having lots of problems my back and neck and vision feeling of not well, being depressed. I really thought I was dying I got off of it yesterday got back on my metformin. I am beginning to get better. The side effects were not good. I did not think it was the shot right away but it did not take me long to realise. I don't wont to go through that again. Please pay attention when you start feeling strange - be aware."

carolina13 January 9, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 1 "I try to change every thing. The dose, the hour, it was à nightmare. After 4 months of high suger i go back to lantus."

Eddy02 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 23, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 1 "Sanofi advertises a savings card to get it for $15 for 1 year. Unfortunately this is not true and they may give it to you for that amount for 1 or 2 months them much much more $. Basically false advertising but nothing you can do about it except avoid them from the beginning."

ExpensiveRx (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 10, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "My doctor took me off my pump because I was doing so well. We began with 10 units. I am now on 30 units after increasing over 4 month period. I am beginning to see some improvement but I am going to increase some more. I have used Novolog with better results. I have switched doctors and hope to go to a different injector pen to keep me of a pump."

RickyDerick (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 30, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "When my doctor first put me on this I didn't like it. My sugars went up, but since I have been on it for awhile now, my a1c numbers have come down and my sugars numbers in the morning have also come down. Here lately they have been around 145 and in the afternoon they are around 106. I am impressed with toujeo so far."

Rebaf July 18, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 1 "When I experienced lipodystrophy on the insulin pump, my endocrinologist prescribed Toujeo pens for my basal insulin and Humalog pens for my mealtime and correction doses of insulin. I have always been somewhat brittle but on the toujeo, I was even more brittle. My doseage of 16 units of Toujeo was too low but an increase of only one unit of one unit per day caused extremely low blood sugars. In fact in my almost 40 years of Type 1 Diabetes, the lowest blood glucose readings I ever experienced (25 mg/dl) was while on Toujeo. I am not a medical professional but I would not recommend Toujeo to anyone."

MommyDoops (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 14, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 1 "my doctor tried switching me from lantus to toujeo because my blood sugar was always high in the morning. It started out working to bring my blood sugar levels down, but within four to six weeks, I had gained 10 pounds (and I am not tall), I had swelling, and I could barely feel my toes due to poor circulation. I have never had problems with circulation that could not be regulated. I have had type 1 diabeletes without too many complications for 35 years, and am otherwise, healthy. I had to have my doctor switch me back to Lantus because Toujeo was destroying my body. I hope this does not replace Lantus or I will not be around for long."

Rlljke (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 10, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been on toujeo for almost a year. I have chronic health conditions and then got type 2 diabetes. The longer you have it the harder it is to control. I have noticed new things that haven't gone away. One eye is blurry, sometimes both of them. I have convultions in my boby that drive me crazy. It's not fun to have your body jumping around. I have also been having cold sweats, dizziness & headache. I am going to go back to Lantus.It took me awhile to realize these symptoms were not normal to my other illnessess. But I am sure now."

mother nature July 2, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Was on language for 4 years no side effects was taking 58 units,been on toujeo for 3 weeks and I'm beginning to notice a pounding heart beat off and on it started yesterday I hope this passes cause I like the numbers i'm getting wasn't getting these kind of numbers with language."

Jimpoe48 (taken for less than 1 month) June 2, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Getting better results than with Lantus. Used Lantus for 7 years. I have used Toujeo for 1 year as of April 2016. Did not experience any adverse side effects. Blood sugar much more stable - not as many highs or lows. Makes it easier to do fine-tuning with my mealtime insulin. A1c came down and stayed between 6 and 6.3."

BillSaavy May 2, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Was prescribed this Toujeo insulin pen, caused vision lost. Stopped use vision was restored."

catzzz (taken for less than 1 month) April 26, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Great my sugars are now under 140 before 240+"

bibi2016 March 13, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "taking 62 units, used to use lantus with no problem, have had major problem last month or so with pounding heart, and rapid pulse. Heart problem comes any time during the day, and is getting increasingly more of a constant...going to go back to Lantus, and that is too bad, but can not deal with side effects."

emg1 March 12, 2016