User Reviews for Toujeo Solostar

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Toujeo Solostar.

Diabetes, Type 2
7.2

Diabetes, Type 1

1 review 73 medications
Summary of Toujeo Solostar reviews 4.1 6 reviews

Reviews for Toujeo Solostar

For Diabetes, Type 2 "About 1 1/2 weeks into using Toujeo, 50 units at night, I started having rapid heartbeat and constant extra/skipped heartbeats. Dr said Toujeo could NOT cause that. Wore a halter monitor for 3 days. My Dr. asked me if I had always had an "irregular heartbeat." Hello?? No Dr. ever told me that and I never had one. You'd think my Dr. might know that? However, my nutritionist looked it up on her computer and said, "Oh, I'm sorry to tell you this, but irregular heartbeat is one of the most common side effects of Toujeo." I looked it up myself and sure enough...there it was. I stopped on my own...about 3 weeks later heartbeat slowly returned to normal. Toujeo caused??? YES, I think so."

Sugar pie (taken for less than 1 month) October 30, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Toujeo Solostar was a vast improvement over the old insulin, the best part is the needles. The only thing that sucks, province of Ontario does not approve it. I wish they would get their act together. I am a senior and I have to pay for this type of insulin. I may have to change back to the old insulin soon unless Ontario Government approves it."

gudnason February 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 1 "Sanofi advertises a savings card to get it for $15 for 1 year. Unfortunately this is not true and they may give it to you for that amount for 1 or 2 months them much much more $. Basically false advertising but nothing you can do about it except avoid them from the beginning."

ExpensiveRx (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 10, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "When my doctor first put me on this I didn't like it. My sugars went up, but since I have been on it for awhile now, my a1c numbers have come down and my sugars numbers in the morning have also come down. Here lately they have been around 145 and in the afternoon they are around 106. I am impressed with toujeo so far."

Rebaf July 18, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I've been taking Toujeo for about 3 weeks now. I previously used Lantus. Was able to use a drug card to get Toujeo price really low. But, my sugars have been all over the place. I have had 350 highs and 74 lows, up and down, with no real reason. For example, two nights ago, my bedtime reading was 114 and the next morning, without eating anything, my reading was 353!! No reason. Anyone else having this issue with Toujeo? Will it level out eventually?"

Stefgib February 9, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I was put on Toujeo Solostar on 07/13/2015. It was discovered that I have a carcinoid tumor and my Endo said that Metformin can irritate the cancer,so he wanted me to start Toujeo and Humalog Kwik pen asap.When I was taking the Metformin,my BS were in the low 100's. On Toujeo and Humalog,the sugars are in the 200's. I'm at my wits end. Every time the endo. decides to put me on Insulin,my sugars go through the roof,if I'm on Metformin,the sugars are far below the 200's."

Fish4me (taken for less than 1 month) July 18, 2015