How many pens are in a box of Toujeo?
- There are three pens in a box of Toujeo Solostar.
- There are two pens in a box of Toujeo Max Solostar.
Toujeo is a long-acting form of man-made insulin (insulin glargine) that may be used for the treatment of high blood sugar levels in adults and children 6 years and older with diabetes mellitus.
Toujeo is available in prefilled pens for self-injection. One is called Toujeo SoloStar and the other is called Toujeo Max Solostar.
- Toujeo SoloStar contains 450 units of Toujeo U-300. It delivers a dose of insulin in 1 unit increments. The maximum dose it can deliver is 80 units.
- Toujeo Max Solostart contains 900 units of Toujeo U-300. It delivers a dose of insulin in 2 unit increments. The maximum amount it can deliver is 160 units.
Toujeo Max Solostar is recommended for people requiring more than 20 units of insulin per day.
Each box of Toujeo Solostar contains three pens and there are two pens in a box of Toujeo Max Solostar.
- Toujeo (Insulin glargine) Sanofi https://www.drugs.com/pro/toujeo.html
Related medical questions
- How and where should I inject insulin?
- Toujeo vs Tresiba - What's the difference between them?
- Is Tresiba the same as Lantus?
- When is the best time to take Toujeo?
- How much Toujeo is too much?
- How long can Toujeo stay out of the refrigerator?
- Does Lantus cause weight gain?
- Soliqua vs Lantus: What’s the difference between them?
- Can Toujeo be given twice a day?
- What is the difference between Soliqua and Xultophy?
- Is Toujeo a fast or long-acting insulin?