User Reviews for Insulin glargine systemic

Diabetes, Type 1
4.9

Summary of Insulin glargine reviews 6.2 117 reviews

Reviews for Insulin glargine

Basaglar (insulin glargine) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Well...Those fools at my Insurance company have decided they know more than my Doctors about Medicating my Diabetes type 2..They Refused my Lantus script after 5 successful years of controlling my A1C..Insurance denied my Doctors pre-approval request 2 times? Basaglar was their replacement drug of choice sooo here we go.So far about 1 year now and as of today NO Bad Side Effects. My A1Cs are about the same as before and everything appears to be Fine? (Knock on Wood) I have had a Heart Attack recently and required 4 stents to get me up again on my feet. My Cardio team has reviewed my med list and do not think it has any relation to my using Basaglar as opposed to Lantus.I place my trust in my team and will continue to use Basaglar until I am advised against it by my doctors ,have a reaction to it or my insurance decides there is a cheaper alternative? God Help us All who lives are governed by the Decisions of a bunch of Insurance underwriters as apposed to the knowledge of our Doctors?"

Uncle D (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 28, 2018

Basaglar (insulin glargine) for Diabetes, Type 1: "I wake up everyday with high blood sugar, no matter where my BG is at before bed and no matter how much insulin I take."

mtreichler (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 26, 2018

Basaglar (insulin glargine) for Diabetes, Type 2: "There are about 5 to 8 units of air in the pen on your 1st shot and has about 267 units all together. Check it for yourself."

kpc (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 26, 2018

Toujeo SoloStar (insulin glargine) for Diabetes, Type 1: "Blood sugars have never been more off the chart than since I switched to toujeo, going from extreme highs to dangerous lows and going to bed with normal blood sugar and get up with it through the roof. DISASTER"

Honeybee (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 25, 2018

Basaglar (insulin glargine) for Diabetes, Type 1: "Basaglar should be banned for use period. I had leg cramps so bad, and back pain that made it extremely hard to stand up, it lowered my levels at night, but at 10:00 am I'm at 380-400, and the head ache was horrific for one full day, I think the people that made it should be put on it as test subjects ,they would soon change there minds on giving it to others!!!"

D (taken for less than 1 month) October 22, 2018

Toujeo SoloStar (insulin glargine) for Diabetes, Type 1: "Have used Toujeo for 7 months. It does NOTHING! Use greater amounts of Humalog. Really don't like toujeo at all!"

Mimi (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 22, 2018

Basaglar (insulin glargine) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I had to change from lantus to basaglar due to insurance company changing pier status of lantus I am very concerned due to the inaccuracy of the basaglar kwikpen. Some times it gives the correct amount I have dialled in, more often it is lowering the amount I have dialled in. My morning blood sugar is fluctuating greatly because of this. If you are using this kwikpen be aware it may not be administering the correct dose. I feel there should be an investigation on the quality of pen."

L.Mark October 21, 2018

Lantus SoloStar (insulin glargine) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have used Lantus for years and with excellent results. My A 1C is 5.6. I am 83 and having a good time. The pen gives me no problems. Also, As the VA supplies me, the price is very right.."

Ron (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 2, 2018

Basaglar (insulin glargine) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been fortunate. I've been on Lantus or Levemir for approximately 15 years. Despite its signature burning I use Lantus now because it's more effective. I find that it doesn't burn if I use a longer needle so that helps. Because I'm in the Medicare donut hole I've asked my doctor (just today) for a Basaglar rx. In the past he's given me sample Basaglar pen needles and I've found its effectiveness is identical to Lantus. I hope the cost will be lower since the donut hole cost right now is almost $300 for the Lantus. That means I've been relying on my regular insulin for control."

Default LKM (taken for 10 years or more) September 11, 2018

Basaglar (insulin glargine) for Diabetes, Type 1: "Not controlling blood sugar very well at all....pretty disappointed."

Jkh (taken for less than 1 month) September 11, 2018

Basaglar (insulin glargine) for Diabetes, Type 1: "As with many others, experiencing headaches, anxiety, dizziness, feeling in mental limbo, tired, though some symptoms clear by afternoon or late day. My problem is that the Endocrinologist I was seeing just since February quit at the same time he put me on Basaglar because Lantus was making me itch all over. I had side effects from all meds so my family dr. sent me to him. Hope to see a regular dr. soon who also has diabetes. Maybe she can help? Only good note is that my points are down. Scary that someone checked the "tube" on 4 or 5 and nothing came out. Sad to be a guinea pig or test subject. I'm older and only diagnosed in the last 4 years. Very disheartening to have this malady"

Press (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 7, 2018

Basaglar (insulin glargine) for Diabetes, Type 2: "This stuff is terrible! Its hard to use, hard to inject, inaccurate dosing, burns at injection site. Control isn't good either. I hate this and want to go back to Levemir ! Its all about insurance companies and money, not whats best for patients!"

Magic (taken for less than 1 month) September 2, 2018

Basaglar (insulin glargine) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I started taking Basaglar two months ago. I had a massive headache for two weeks straight although my sugar went from 250 to 152 while using 12u. Then after the first two weeks, my headache went away but my sugar went way back up to the 300s. Went back to the doc and as per their instructions I increased the insulin by 5u every 3 days. At first there was no change. However when I got to 20u the persistent headaches started again, my vision blurred, I started to shake, and I broke out in a cold sweat. I had to leave work early 2 days in a row because I couldn't cope. No pain meds even Hydrocodone would help. After reading these reviews and experiencing this myself, I'm not taking this drug."

Keenanskid (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 23, 2018

Basaglar (insulin glargine) for Diabetes, Type 2: "With lantus my glucose was controlled, then Dr. gave me basaglar kwickpen and the problems started. I find that the pen doesn't delivers the amount that I have selected. Normally I use 40 units of lantus, with this kwickpen pen, I selected 40 units and the pen delivers different amounts, sometimes is 35 u. others 37 u. so my glucose went up, then I decided mark in the pen 44 u. so I compensated the amount that the pen delivers, then my glucose was to low, because the amount that delivers was 49 u. since then my A1C went up . I'm going to see my Dr. in 2 weeks and I know she is going to nag me because my A1C and it's the exactitude with the pen is compromised. If you are about to switch to this brand careful cause doesn't work properly."

tonyalaro (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 10, 2018

Basaglar (insulin glargine) for Diabetes, Type 1: "My insurance company made me wwitch to Basaglar from Lantus. Worked ok for about 2-3 weeks then my blood sugars were all over the place. Switched back to Lantus (after having to fight my insurance to cover it) and my blood sugars were perfect again. I wear a Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) System and would watch my sugars not remain constant and pin ball on Basaglar. Ever since I switched back to Lantus they are perfect again. Do. Not. Switch. To. Basaglar."

Bags (taken for less than 1 month) August 7, 2018

Lantus (insulin glargine) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I forgot my Lantus on a trip & felt great the whole time I was on vacation. I restarted it & felt worse each day: backache, cramping in legs, ringing in ears, fatigue. I had been exercising & walking while not on it and now since I have restarted I can't even bend over."

K. (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 25, 2018

Basaglar (insulin glargine) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I took Lantus prior to Basaglar which was chemically "similar". Within days my blood glucose was out of control. Priorly, my HbA1c was 6.2 My glucose level rose from a norm of 109-179 to 154-228. Basaglar did NOT last a full 24 hours. Around hour 10 it seemed to wear off, causing elevated blood glucose levels. I developed a nagging, dry cough, swollen legs & upper abdomen. My doctor applied for a medical exception with my insurer and CVS to return to Lantus. I have to pay a higher co-pay (Basaglar copay's $30 & Lantus is $50 for a 3 week supply. To get a full month's supply I would have had to pay double that amount) The dry cough has not gone away. Neither has the swelling in my upper abdomen. My blood glucose levels are lower but are no longer under good control as before Basaglar. Very unhappy with the outcome. I filed a complaint with the FDA."

Cyndy (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 23, 2018

Basaglar (insulin glargine) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Twice now my blood sugar has bottomed out. A couple weeks ago it went to 29. Today, the glucometer said LOW. Had my daughter not been here to get me food and more glucose tabs, I would probably be in a coma or have already passed at this point. On the first occasion, I'm aware that I nicked a vein as I pulled the pen back and saw a speck of blood. When I mentioned this to my doctor, she said that couldn't happen because this is a basal insulin. I thought maybe she was right. But it happened this morning. I haven't felt like doing much, but have taken time to read. This DOES act like a fast acting insulin if it gets in your bloodstream. My mom was a diabetic to. She passed last July. The doctors told me her blood sugar got so low her body seized and she went into a coma. I couldn't understand how this happened when my mom had continually high blood sugar. How could it get so low. Now I know. What can be done about this? Even my doctor who prescribed this said it couldn't happen."

Thinton (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 6, 2018

Basaglar (insulin glargine) for Diabetes, Type 2: "My doctor put me on Basaglar and now I am experiencing joint pain in my shoulders, muscle cramps very often in my legs and arms, tingling and numbness in my fingertips and for the first time I had my chest feeling tight at night. So I saw a cardiologist and he wants me to do a stress test and I never had an indication of heart problems until taking Basaglar and my sugar readings now tend to increase throughout the day. My doctor recommended me to take a 2nd dose.. and even after the 2nd dose my sugar tends to increase throughout the day and several times it got as high as 385 by 3:30 p.m. which to me seems unusual so I began testing my sugar levels around 4:30 or 5 p.m. and they were still high.....around 250 or some times higher. The only thing it does do is lower my sugar at night. I've had high sugar levels 4 hours after eating lunch around 12:00 12:30 pm - this is something else that is happening. I do not want to take this medicine anymore I want out."

Afra (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 6, 2018

Basaglar (insulin glargine) for Diabetes, Type 2: "My insurance company switched me to this and I have went from my usual blood sugar of 90 to 120 to this morning 435. I have had muscle pain, night cramps increased appetite and weight gain. I hate this and I am on my way to the emergency room because of it. I feel a lawsuit coming on. I think this is an experimental drug and it’s hurting a lot of people. It a shame the greed that exhibits itself in the drug industry."

C (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 27, 2018

Basaglar (insulin glargine) for Diabetes, Type 2: "The drug is great but the pen gage locks at a number and it’s difficult to load it , I would prefer it sold in vials where I can draw out the dosage with a needle, they only make these in pens, a bit too steep for a beginner"

Ocusan April 19, 2018

Lantus SoloStar (insulin glargine) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have taken lantus for ten years it safe and a good drug . I have been having night sweats mainly on my legs is this normal ?"

Pam (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 16, 2018

Basaglar (insulin glargine) for Diabetes, Type 1: "My insurance Company switched me to Basalgar--and my blood sugar (BS) readings went up. I increased the dosage from 30 units of Lantus to 40 units of Basalgar, and now my BS is where it should be. I have no idea why my insurance company switched me--maybe some insurance clerks found a way to save some money!"

Normano (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 13, 2018

Basaglar (insulin glargine) for Diabetes, Type 1: "Endo was trying to help us save $ and said this tier 1 medication was cheaper than Levemir, which is tier 2, and should be the same thing. It's NOT! Blood sugar levels (BSL) had previously been 140-160 in the morning with Levemir. The only thing we changed was I started taking Basaglar at night. BSL is now 250-290 in the morning. It takes all day to come back down, and I'm having to take higher doses of Novalog during the day to control my BSL. This medication is terrible! It should be taken off the market immediately."

Bradynsmom (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2018

Basaglar (insulin glargine) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Insurance switched me from lantus to basigular and A1C went from 7.2 to 8.5 in 2 months. I noticed spikes in BSL right away. Working on getting lantus back"

Jodyann (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 3, 2018