User Reviews for Toujeo SoloStar to treat Diabetes, Type 2

Toujeo SoloStar has an average rating of 5.4 out of 10 from a total of 22 ratings for the treatment of Diabetes, Type 2. 32% of those users who reviewed Toujeo SoloStar reported a positive effect, while 36% reported a negative effect.

Toujeo SoloStar Rating Summary

5.4/10 average rating

Compare all 158 medications used in the treatment of Diabetes, Type 2.

Reviews for Toujeo SoloStar

Wren April 11, 2021

“I found this to be great at first, but like viktosa after 4 weeks of using my body reacted to it horribly. I started rotten egg burps which is a build up sulphur dioxide because food was now passing slower through digestive system, this would cause me to vomit rotten smelling food. The other side effect was feeling extremely tired and nauseous, chronic diarrhea which lasted for over a week, which in conjunction with the diarrhea caused a few accidents which was embarrassing at work as it would happen anytime. It made me scared to eat anything, my stomach became bloated within minutes of the injection, this was supposed to be a weekly dose for me. I stopped taking it for 3 weeks ago and all my symptoms went away, I then wanted to be sure this medication was the cause of my issues and I hadn't caught some other virus. So I took it on Thursday 8th April 2021 by Friday afternoon and all over the weekend my symptoms returned making me feel so unwell. So I won't be taking this anymore.”

Birdman · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 17, 2020

“I have taken Toujeo for over a year. A1C down 1.5 points. I gained weight the first three months but levelled off. I take 60 units each morning. Also metfomin 2000 mg a day. No bad side effects. Regulates my glucose readings. Very few plus 200. Usually 90-155. I’ll take it. I exercise three days a week but nothing Herculean. My diet is pretty low carb but Toujeo allows for a little cheating. My dose continues to be okay for now. Thought this might encourage a few to give it a try.”

AT · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 30, 2019

“Been on Toujeo for about 4 yrs now. I am taking 290 units of this insulin and my numbers are still very high. 14-18 is pretty average. I feel I am taking way too much and the more I take the less effective it is becoming.”

Stefgib February 9, 2016

“I've been taking Toujeo for about 3 weeks now. I previously used Lantus. Was able to use a drug card to get Toujeo price really low. But, my sugars have been all over the place. I have had 350 highs and 74 lows, up and down, with no real reason. For example, two nights ago, my bedtime reading was 114 and the next morning, without eating anything, my reading was 353!! No reason. Anyone else having this issue with Toujeo? Will it level out eventually?”

Sugar pie · Taken for less than 1 month October 30, 2017

“About 1 1/2 weeks into using Toujeo, 50 units at night, I started having rapid heartbeat and constant extra/skipped heartbeats. Dr said Toujeo could NOT cause that. Wore a halter monitor for 3 days. My Dr. asked me if I had always had an "irregular heartbeat." Hello?? No Dr. ever told me that and I never had one. You'd think my Dr. might know that? However, my nutritionist looked it up on her computer and said, "Oh, I'm sorry to tell you this, but irregular heartbeat is one of the most common side effects of Toujeo." I looked it up myself and sure enough...there it was. I stopped on my own...about 3 weeks later heartbeat slowly returned to normal. Toujeo caused??? YES, I think so.”

djricciyahoo.com · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 13, 2017

“I have taken TOUJEO for 1&1/2 years now I have broken out with a rash & itching over my entire body for the past three months. Told my doctor he said that can't happen with insulin. I've been to three doctors all tell me the same. I STOPPED TAKEN TOUJEO The rash is starting to clear but it is slow in clearing. there is nothing that helps. .”

mother nature July 2, 2016

“I have been on toujeo for almost a year. I have chronic health conditions and then got type 2 diabetes. The longer you have it the harder it is to control. I have noticed new things that haven't gone away. One eye is blurry, sometimes both of them. I have convultions in my boby that drive me crazy. It's not fun to have your body jumping around. I have also been having cold sweats, dizziness & headache. I am going to go back to Lantus.It took me awhile to realize these symptoms were not normal to my other illnessess. But I am sure now.”

carolina13 January 9, 2017

“I started taking the toujeo 20 units at night about 1 month ago and started having lots of problems my back and neck and vision feeling of not well, being depressed. I really thought I was dying I got off of it yesterday got back on my metformin. I am beginning to get better. The side effects were not good. I did not think it was the shot right away but it did not take me long to realise. I don't wont to go through that again. Please pay attention when you start feeling strange - be aware.”

Bennybooboo January 1, 2016

“Toujeo. 19 units at night. Two weeks off lantus solo star Blood sugars waking were 140, now 200 Nausea 15 minutes after injection. Lasts for two hours. Severe cramping and pain in feet ,calves, shoulders, and hands Diarrhea on and off through out the two weeks Dizziness Blurry vision in one eye Swollen gums Hope this levels off quickly”

DrRaouf · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 17, 2019

“I am Type 2 diabetic patient for almost 4 years. I used metformin and sitagliptin tablets but my A1C was always higher than 7.6 or even 8. I also had acute pancreatitis from Sitaglptin. My doctor prescribed me Toujeo SoloStar with metformin which improved my results but after meal blood sugar was still high. The doctor added NovoRapid insulin with the meals. Now my A1C is 5.6 and fasting glucose is below 7.2 , very satisfied with my medication.”

satsas January 18, 2018

“I started this medicine a year ago. I take 15 units before bed plus 2 Metformin pills a day. At first, I was getting fantastic results. Waking blood sugar every morning was under 100 and no side effects. Now, a year later, I have an itchy, scaly rash on my right side that will not go away, waking blood sugars are all over the place ranging from the 180's to the 280's, blurry vision, and tiredness. I've had no changes in diet or exercise and I'm not overweight. It's as if the drug just stopped working altogether. I am requesting my doctor take me off this and try something else.”

klreinckeAOL · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 18, 2019

“Have been on toujeo for over 2 years, taking 80 units at bedtime. Like the other reviewer, djricci, the toujeo has caused a rash to break out all over my body, especially on lower legs and scalp. The overall constant itching is driving me nuts. Results have been so-so, I am lucky if sugar is below 200 in the AM. Have also experienced some of the side effects others have noted (blurry vision, weight gain, dizziness).”

Jimpoe48 · Taken for less than 1 month June 2, 2016

“Was on language for 4 years no side effects was taking 58 units,been on toujeo for 3 weeks and I'm beginning to notice a pounding heart beat off and on it started yesterday I hope this passes cause I like the numbers i'm getting wasn't getting these kind of numbers with language.”

emg1 March 12, 2016

“taking 62 units, used to use lantus with no problem, have had major problem last month or so with pounding heart, and rapid pulse. Heart problem comes any time during the day, and is getting increasingly more of a constant...going to go back to Lantus, and that is too bad, but can not deal with side effects.”

Fish4me · Taken for less than 1 month July 18, 2015

“I was put on Toujeo Solostar on 07/13/2015. It was discovered that I have a carcinoid tumor and my Endo said that Metformin can irritate the cancer,so he wanted me to start Toujeo and Humalog Kwik pen asap.When I was taking the Metformin,my BS were in the low 100's. On Toujeo and Humalog,the sugars are in the 200's. I'm at my wits end. Every time the endo. decides to put me on Insulin,my sugars go through the roof,if I'm on Metformin,the sugars are far below the 200's.”

BillSaavy May 2, 2016

“Getting better results than with Lantus. Used Lantus for 7 years. I have used Toujeo for 1 year as of April 2016. Did not experience any adverse side effects. Blood sugar much more stable - not as many highs or lows. Makes it easier to do fine-tuning with my mealtime insulin. A1c came down and stayed between 6 and 6.3.”

Rebaf July 18, 2016

“When my doctor first put me on this I didn't like it. My sugars went up, but since I have been on it for awhile now, my a1c numbers have come down and my sugars numbers in the morning have also come down. Here lately they have been around 145 and in the afternoon they are around 106. I am impressed with toujeo so far.”

gudnason February 12, 2017

“Toujeo Solostar was a vast improvement over the old insulin, the best part is the needles. The only thing that sucks, province of Ontario does not approve it. I wish they would get their act together. I am a senior and I have to pay for this type of insulin. I may have to change back to the old insulin soon unless Ontario Government approves it.”

RickyDerick · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 30, 2016

“My doctor took me off my pump because I was doing so well. We began with 10 units. I am now on 30 units after increasing over 4 month period. I am beginning to see some improvement but I am going to increase some more. I have used Novolog with better results. I have switched doctors and hope to go to a different injector pen to keep me of a pump.”

Fedup · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 5, 2019

“Toujeo used to work for me. Was on lantus until my work removed it from the formulary. Toujeo lately has refused to lower my sugars even if I have been fasting for 16 hours.”

Ydnic60 · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 19, 2017

“My numbers have gone from 320 in the morning to 120. I do wake up with a headache but subsides after an hour or two.”

catzzz · Taken for less than 1 month April 26, 2016

“Was prescribed this Toujeo insulin pen, caused vision lost. Stopped use vision was restored.”

bibi2016 March 13, 2016

“Great my sugars are now under 140 before 240+”

Debannie1959 January 16, 2017

“Brought A1C down from 13 to 6.5”