User Reviews for Carvedilol

Atrial Fibrillation
4.3

Summary of Carvedilol reviews 6.0 113 reviews

Reviews for Carvedilol

For Heart Failure: "Coreg was slowly killing me and I didn't know it. I kept passing out, broke my nose, broke my back along with other injuries from just dropping. My last horrible experience was Ischemic Colitis from very low blood pressure. I was in the hospital for six days and cardiology realized my very low dose of this was dropping my BP dangerously low along with my EF dropping 15%. They switched the Coreg to Metropolol. I am no longer coughing uncontrollably, wheezing, coughing up a lot of white mucous! This was all due to Coreg! Never again!"

Dee (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 16, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "I am about to take this right now for the first time. After reading all of your reviews I must say I'm nervous. But because my BP ranges from 170/200 at times I have no choice but to try it out. I'll send another review in a few days of taking this medication. Oh, and the mg that my PCP prescribed me is 12.5mg"

MeMe (taken for less than 1 month) June 24, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "Placed on carvediol 12,5 mg bid. Side effects got progressively worse even with decreasing dose. By the end of 9 months I was on 3.25 mg twice daily and had missed 2 weeks of work, was nauseated, had diarrhea, vomiting, strange thoughts, anxious, scared to death of any noise, lost 28 lbs, throat and chest pain, and did not have enough energy to get out of bed. On the positive, side my BP went from 173 / 103 to 112/74 with a pulse in the 40 to 50 range. I have been off of it for about 2 days and although I had a BP spike, many of the side effects are mitigating. May be great for some, but I am thankful for being off of it."

Insipid (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 16, 2018

For Atrial Fibrillation: "Taking carvedilol for 8 weeks now. Started off fine and seemed like was the answer. Now extreme tiredness, dizzy spells, nausea and episodes of low blood pressure and heart rate. Depression is just an added bonus side effect. Ready to throw all meds in the garbage and roll the dice. 68 yrs old."

bobster (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 16, 2018

For Heart Failure: "Started taking carvedilol the first week of May. My EF is at 33%. In the first week I already felt a difference. Prior symptoms were chest pressure, shortness if breathe, extreme fatigue. I would say these symptoms are 80% gone now. I feel it's time to start my cardio workouts again! In two months I will have another echocariogram. Hopefully I see some improvements. Also I would like to add that in some reviews I read of people combining CoQ10 with this medicine and I am now taking it as well. I feel more energized and I feel it makes side effect of carvedilol dissipate with it."

Belle (taken for less than 1 month) May 14, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "Carvedilol was added to current medication, Losartan, I am taking. It is NOT helping lowering my BP. And after having taken Carvedilol for three months, I started having terrible headache (back and both sides), upset stomach (feeling nauseous) issues. I plan to ask my doctor to approve me to stop Carvedilol."

miketdc (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 23, 2018

For Heart Failure: "I have had always had low BP and am very active. After Mitral Valve surgery, my ejection fraction (EF) was 29. I could still play tennis and lift weights even though the doctor was not sure how. He put me on Coreg to strengthen my EF, but it has no effect because lowering low BP and whatever else it supposed to do does not work. If I had high BP, maybe it would help, but it has only gone sideways or slightly down since I have been on Coreg for 6 months. I still play tennis, etc. The medicine should not be prescribed for people with Low BP in my opinion, but was told it is what is indicated for low EF."

Rburks (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 3, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "The worst drug I've ever been on. More side effects than beneficial effects. My doctor's solution, another beta blocker, Metoprolol! Even worse than Carvedilol. Going to gradually withdraw over 2 weeks on my own. Why do doctors believe the drug companies and not their patients?"

RCF60433 (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 26, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "I have been on Carvedilol twice a day 25 mg. Lisinopril 20 mg once a day. My blood Pressure can go to 235 over 110. I have A-Fib...A Mitral Valve leak...and a 4.2 bulge in my ascending Aorta. Then came the tongue movements and facial movements. I was flailing my arms all over the place. Went to my Neurologist and then a second Neurologist. Both tried to tell me I had Conversion Disorder...Idiopathec they said to me. Needless to say I was annoyed... So I quit taking my medications and said screw it. Two days later guess what? All the movements came to a screeching halt. So I figure...Lets see if Carvedilol is causing it first. I take 25 mg....and within an hour...I'm flapping like a bird again. So I discontinue that and wait till Sunday March 11, 2018 and try Lisinopril. 50 minutes later I'm moving all over again. These two drugs can cause Myoclonic Jerks and Dyskenesias that you wouldn't believe. I've suffered through 7 months of this rubbish."

Steven March 14, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "Carvedilol was added along with HCTZ 3/6/18, to be taken 2 x day for high blood pressure. Within the hour I started having sporadic migraine type headaches with severe " ice pick sensation" over top of head, mobilized, terrible headache pain behind eyes and back of head. Seems like chronic back pain was made worse. I feel even more tired, no energy, even less motivation, with horrible derealization. BP before was 152/90. BP later was 147/87-64. Glucose 126, 3 hrs after lunch. Migraine ice pick sensation back again, headache pain behind eyes with shooting headache at back of head at 4:12pm, BP 166/86-59. Glucose, 58, 5 hours after dinner. BP, 1:59 am 145/78-69. 2nd dose 2:20 am 140/75-69. I had taken HCTZ first, 2 hours later taken Carvedilol. My voiding seems normal, until taking Carvedilol which leaves a very noticeable decrease in voiding throughout the day and night. I also have experience feeling more cold, with hands and fingers tingling with palpitations in neck."

melantha (taken for less than 1 month) March 7, 2018

For Heart Failure: "I started Coreg in 2006 and I found out my ejection fraction (EF) was about 30 after using cored at 3.25mg than upward to 50 mg took almost 6 months to get there now my EF is around 55-60 this is a wonderful drug and it saved my life"

Bighooch February 21, 2018

For Atrial Fibrillation: "50 percent my hair has fallen out, and my eyelashes are almost non-existent. DISGUSTING!"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 27, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "I have using atenolol and amlodpine for 6 months now and it works for me but because of the side effects my Dr change it to carveliol 12.5mg once daily it worked also my boyfriend still read 110/75 at times 122/82 but I'm still having the side effects of pains , shortness of breath, numbness little chest fluttering tired and my internal body will be shaking ."

Yahyaao (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 12, 2018

Coreg (carvedilol) for Heart Failure: "I had a mitral Valve repair and my EF dropped to 30. I was put on Coreg for 6 months, and I experienced periods of dizziness and muscle pain. I worked out and played tennis 3 times a week--surprising my doctor. I had no problems, but my EF never improved above 30-35 range. Since Coregs main purpose seems to be to lower blood pressure, I am not sure why they insisted I go on it for low EF. I started taking CoQ10 and no Coreq and now my EF has improved to 40 and I felt better and no dizziness. I don't believe that Coreg actually helps with EF. I think the studies were flawed to prove something that is not true."

RBrks January 12, 2018

For Angina: "I started on 12 mg a day after MI. Almost immediate broncospasms requiring medical care. Previously only needed when acid reflux was out of control. Low blood sugar symptoms were masked until down to critical levels of 35. I was not warned about this by hospital personnel for type 2 diabetes. Now only taking 3.25mg a day but still needing inhaler after morning dose...doctor insisting I take this drug...."

teenei1949 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 10, 2017

For Atrial Fibrillation: "I have been on Bisoprolol for six years and have had severe fatigue from this, sleeping up to 13/14 hours every day. My doctor changed me to Carvedilol in the hope these side effects would improve. I started off on an initial dose of 12.5mg a day. From the first nights sleep, I suffered with insomnia, sleeping for five hours that night. I felt more awake, even though less sleep. After two days, I started to get tightening of muscles in my face, hands, arms and legs and abdominal pain. After increasing to 25mg on week two, I felt terrible. Four hours sleep for two weeks, muzzy confused feelings, feeling sick, joint pain - I couldn't bear how I felt. To top it off, drug induced sleep apnea was the last straw. I came off it."

Yorkshire lad (taken for less than 1 month) November 23, 2017

For Atrial Fibrillation: "I have been taking this med for 2 months and I feel horrible. I have every side effect listed besides impotence. I am going to stop taking this med with or without the doctor's blessing. I am tired of having shortness of breath and being extremely tired ALL THE TIME. I have a small child and I can't not keep up. I cannot walk to my car from my office about 200 yards away. I am not doing this to myself anymore."

FirstMiddleLast July 6, 2017

For Angina: "Been on this for a year, smallest dose twice a day, no side effects. Had quadruple by pass, no heart attack, angina before surgery none since."

Gamma321 July 2, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "Started on carvedilol 6.25mg 3 weeks ago. Have had serious issues with dizziness, nausea and severe pressure in the back of my head and neck. When I am laying down the pressure is not as bad but if I am trying to read anything, the pressure gets severe."

Angeloram (taken for less than 1 month) June 26, 2017

For Heart Failure: "Works better with the diuretic hydrochlothiazide."

Oliboy (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 19, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "I was diagnosed with heart failure back in 2002. The doctors started me on coreg and it definitely worked. My EF went from 39 to 56 over time. I have been on coreg since that time to treat my blood pressure problems and my EF has been normal since. I will always be on high blood pressure pills because even with a weight loss of 90 lbs since 2002, I still have high BP. Coreg is one of the few meds that does not give me any side effects and works great."

littlelamb3 (taken for 10 years or more) April 12, 2017

For Atrial Fibrillation: "My new cardiologist discontinued my metoprolol and started me on Coreg to help control my blood pressure My heart used to pound in my chest while on metoprolol and it was quite uncomfortable. I had cardiac ablation for atrial fibrillation that was approximately 90% successful, I still had occasional heart flutter from the AF. The Corey changed all that. My blood pressure is now in normal range and I haven't had one incident of heart flutter for two months. Coreg worked well for me and I hope it will work for you."

Chris Z February 23, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "While being care giver for my dying husband I rarely remembered to take BP meds. One day I felt terrible and checked my BP. It was 120/111. Trip to doc. Put on increasing doses of Carvedilol, up to 25mg twice a day with zero results. Lowest BP 147/89 usually 190/86. Do not feel this is working and have asked doctor to try something else. Problem is systolic is much higher but diastolic is not. Doctor says my heart is good and lungs clear despite having the flu. I am 82 years old. Had a stress test two years ago, which was perfect. I am hoping she may add something to bring down the systolic. I have had few side effects"

ccpoodle1000 February 18, 2017

For Atrial Fibrillation: "Prescribed 6.25 mg Carvedilol 2x a day for my Rapid heart beat and blockage in main artery. . Second week and I am not liking it. Was on 25 mg Metoporal for 10 years; tolerated it well except for years of sleeplessness and it kept my bp in good range 128/77. Now on Carvedilol my bp is higher with spikes. I feel off, dizzy, vivid dreams turning into nightmare last night. First few days I was having bad stomach pains until I started taking med after food. I am afraid to take any other medications like Allergy meds and Ibuprofen. I am also waking up with a headache and felt like I was having an allergic reaction. Rapid heart beat a little less. Maybe side effects will subside? I hope."

SandraLH2017 February 12, 2017

For Atrial Fibrillation: "Started on 6.25 twice a day after heart attack. Developed bronchospasms and asthma in 3 days. Then had a severe blood sugar low of 35. No warning were given to me because I am type 2 diabetic and this a side effect!! Reduced dosage to 1.25 twice a day..."

Teenie1949 (taken for less than 1 month) February 9, 2017