User Reviews for Carvedilol

High Blood Pressure 4.2
Summary of Carvedilol reviews 5.6 144 reviews

Reviews for Carvedilol

Age 30 May 28, 2020

For Heart Failure: “I had a leg injury. Doctors would not give me a real pain pill. They only gave me over-the-counter naproxen sodium Aleve which does not control pain at all and caused stomach ache and mild heart failure. After some weeks of rest, my heart was perfectly good, back to normal. The problems did not start, until the doctor put me on Carvedilol Coreg which is a Beta Blocker, it blocks some brain chemicals and hormones, such as Adrenaline, and causes the heart to pump slower. After that, I went into a steady decline. Worse every month. My heart now feels that it struggles to pump, and blood pressure feels too low. Leg muscles are now too weak to do leg lifts. I feel less youthful, feel suddenly older, and my heart muscle struggles to pump strong enough. Heart is over exerting. I have sleep apnea and sometimes it is easier to sleep sitting up. Carvedilol Coreg makes my heart too weak to sleep in a sitting position, I need to be laying flat, for heart to pump comfortably.”

I'm off it March 12, 2020

For High Blood Pressure: “Took carvedelol for almost 2 years at a 12mg 2 times a day. All was fine until this past year: fatigue, diarrhea, back pain, bleeding gums, eye problems---felt like sandpaper in my eyes. After 2 days of non- stop diarrhea and being so week and dizzy barely making it to the bathroom, I stopped taking it. I expected that to be difficult but it wasn't at all and my Dr. didn't even check with me to see how it went. I'm thru with the Dr. and Carvedlol forever!”

Becky · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 27, 2020

For High Blood Pressure: “I have had a good experience with Carvedilol. I take it for HBP and a heart condition. At first a bit of dizziness, but that could have been the other meds causing this. I have less head rushes and anxiety. I feel more calm and at ease now.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month December 30, 2019

For Left Ventricular Dysfunction: “Started this drug when I went into the hospital for takotsubo cardiomyopathy. After the 3rd day of using Carvedilol I felt weak and felt nauseous. We called 911 and I went to the hospital. The doctors think the medicine may have contributed to my low drop in blood pressure. They advised me to check my blood pressure before I take the medicine, making sure my blood pressure is high enough.”

Teetee · Taken for less than 1 month December 28, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “Involuntarly switched to this Aurobindo Pharma brand imprint E02 (I had to swapped brands because usual manufacturer stopped supply) on Monday the 23rd and ended up in hospital ICU on Thursday for two days with BP 201/101 and on critical watch!!! Still can't get BP regulated, I'm weary and frightened and the side effects are terrible! Now I have to take lisinopril to try to get it down. Another med with side effects! Never thought that so much difference in additives could make you so sick! 255 Coreg is my usual prescription brand and I never felt like I was on medication. (BP 120-135/75 on average) Good thing I keep a BP journal to show my PCM so they would not think I was imagining things. I will continue to ask for original brand that I took and search for a pharmacy who can hopefully provide the medication that I need.”

Georgia · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 22, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “Refill from Walmart, of carvedilol 3.125mg. Felt bad for a few days. Finally went to urgent care thinking it was sinus infection. Bp 220/120. Sent to ER. Added amilodipine. Bp still high. Went to pcp changed carvedilol to 6.25, from CVS and different manufacturer. Bp is now 107/72. Never had BP that high. I’m convinced it’s the Walmart generic. Small round white pill. The first time I got this pill I called and advised them it was not the same as before. Bp and heart rate increased. Said different manufacturer. I’m going to see about getting it tested.”

Mike · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 17, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “I was proscribed this drug carvedilol for high blood pressure. In short it is horrible. Chest pains, anxiety and headaches. Trying to get back off of with doctors help. Don't start this drug. Find something else.”

Joe · Taken for 5 to 10 years November 30, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “Been taking Carvedilol 6.25 mg twice a day for years! Due to elevated BP numbers dr changed dosage to 12.5 in am and 6.35 in pm. BP is now extremely high in evenings! I’m convinced the ingredients are now different! Manufacturer says Mylan, ? Have been to drs, trips to ER, scans, MRI, all ok, so I’m convinced high BP caused by medicine! HELP!”

Scoop ( 59 year old male) · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 26, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “After 10 years of doctors trying all kinds of bp meds. I gave up and refused to take them. My pharmacist finally recommended I try Carvedilol . While others caused depression and ED this med works for me without side effects. I had not had "Morning Wood" in at least five years and the second day I was on this medication I woke up with an erection and I have had no issues with keeping a strong erection for sex. I feel like me again. no depression no weakness and good stamina for my workouts/runs.”

Clickin'it · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 13, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “Had mech valve implanted in aortic position and composite graft in ascending aorta done in April 2019 (to replace 16 year old tissue valve in same position). Was put on metoprolol succinate 50mg daily among other drugs for heart when discharged from the hospital. I was making progress until after week 12 when I had 2 medical emergencies. Long story short - all the symptoms I was experiencing; confusion, dizziness, anxiety, difficulty swallowing, vision issues, so called "seizures" - these were resolved when my cardiologist switched me over to Carvedilol 6.25mg 2x day after trying to reduce my metoprolol dosage. After taking the Carvedilol I feel like a new person. I have no more symptoms. I've heard that Carvedilol also has anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Idk. Moral of the story - make sure that your Dr works with you to find a medication that suits you. Everybody is different.”

Mr. HBP · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 17, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “Here's my experience with coreg. Took the minimum dose for hypertension (6.25 mg twice a day according to the doctor). Freaked me out at first during the first couple of weeks. Increased anxiety, felt somewhat fatigued. But after getting used to it, BP would be in the 110's/70's range so really good BP. However, if I got the slightest bit of anger or anxiety, BP would get elevated to the 130's/90's range. After 2 months of this, dumped my primary care doctor and switched to another one. New doctor prescribed 50 mg of metoprolol per day and 5 mg of lexapro to help with the anxiety. Tried lexapro before with the coreg but the third night I felt hot and felt weird heartbeat so I stopped. Told the new doctor what happened before with lexapro, but he said it wasn't the lexapro but the coreg. Start the metoprolol tomorrow and lexapro a couple days later, so hopefully this works. This is my experience so coreg may work for you but it didn't help much.”

VEAck · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 22, 2019

For Left Ventricular Dysfunction: “I take carvedilol for my dilated cardiomyopathy along with Lisinopril and Lasix, have been on it for awhile now haven't had all these problems if I eat before taking. But I will add I was started on a low dose and my Doctor worked me up very slowly to a higher one it seems to have worked cause my BP is very good as is my EF which is why I'm taking it. Maybe ask your Doctor to do the same thing mine did for me, slower is always better.”

new jersey September 16, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “I was fine on 25 mg Carvedilol by aurolife pharma and teva pharma, but now Walmart uses Bluepoint Pharma and it no longer controls my blood pressure. Switching back to Aurolife resolves problem caused by Bluepoint? Evidently Walmart cannot order from other distributors so I must find a different pharmacy? Humana Walmart used in non walmart pharmacy is more expensive but necessary if their product doesn't work.”

Jes · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 13, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “3 drug meds including Carvedilol after "fluke" heart attack 3 years ago from "plaque collapse" requiring stent. Surgeon said no permanent damage to my heart probably from years of working out regularly. Carvedilol up to 6.25MG 2x day and again to 12.50MG 2x day by cardiologist to try to get BP under 130.Just saw primary for annual physical. Exhausted. Drinking lots of caffeine to get any energy. Workouts ~10% of past ability and not obese, but weight higher than ever. Would NEVER suggest med change without doc approval, but just cut my pills in half back down to 6.25MG 2x per day to try to get energy back. Once primary gets blood work results, expect he'll get me off this med and onto a diuretic as discussed, but am personally making the decision to cut back my dosage on this one effective today. Bad enough to be fighting age to get back into shape, but now believe this drug is actively preventing me from working out harder which is making my physical condition worse.”

Junkee59 · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 2, 2019

For Atrial Fibrillation: “I've been on Carvedilol since June of 2018. I started off with 3.125mg and my Cardiologist just increased the dosage to 6.25 because it helps to stop the PVC's and palps I had started to experience in April of 2019. My pacemaker picked up a very small Afib event that happened in April of 2019 during my period of throwing PVC's. I started to take "Tumeric" to see if it would reduce the chronic body pain and "It Did". I also found out after I started taking it my, "PVC's Went Away". I saw my cardiologist after I started taking the Tumeric and asked him to increase my dose of "Carvedilol" and he did. This combination of Carvedilol and Tumeric worked out well for me. I haven't felt any incidences of Afib even though all the causes of the PVC's are still there. It appears any Afib, PVC's and Palps are under control but I won't know it's a sure thing for another year or more after my pacemaker is checked for events about 4 more times.”

tired of being lightheaded · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 29, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “I absolutely hate this drug - I constantly feel light headed and dizzy - doctors put me on this in August of 2018 after a heart attack at age 56. 13 months later I'm walking using a walker because the "waves" of vertigo and dizziness can be so severe. After reading the chat thread here of other peoples' experience with this drug, I am calling my doctor and demanding a review. If the doctor won't make changes, I'll change the doctor.”

9 Lives August 18, 2019

For Heart Failure: “2 weeks into taking Coreg CR 10 mg I noticed blurring vision, felt like I was walking with a lean to the right side and dizzy kinda like after 4 beers chugged in 10 minutes and would break out in cold sweats with chest tightness. I quit for 1 day and called nurse telling her the above. She agreed no more CR at 10 mg so I switched to the 3.125 mg morning and evening dosage. Wow what a difference in how you feel and act. The reason I am on this drug is I had my lungs fill up with fluid and they have no idea the reason as to why as I was in bed and merely rolled over oxygen level tumbled down into the 60's and I had very bad wheezing and felt as if I were drowning and I know that sensation all too well. But without any form of insurance I could not have all the test most people get but I did have a nuclear stress which showed no blockages and the echo showed a EF of 34% so the diagnosis was CHF .”

Shakir · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 6, 2019

For Heart Failure: “I have been diagnosed with CHF on April 2019 nobody knows the reason since I don’t have history, I never drink alcohol, never smoke, never use drugs. I have very low BP around 100, I am 43y I was very active running 2 miles/18 minuets daily. In April my heart EF was 15% the doctor put me on Carvedilol 3.125mg twice a day for one month then doubled the dose, I suffered a lot from dizziness, shortness breath almost pass out. The doctor said that’s all for my benefit. I continued my work out, I improved a lot I am able now to do 2 miles in 25 minutes. In July 2019. I did ECHO to evaluate the progress then the doctor was disappointed that my heart still %15 EF. But I feel good ...”

Robdigi · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 15, 2019

For Left Ventricular Dysfunction: “I was diagnosed 8yrs ago with severe dysfunction left vent with EF 26 was put on Carvedilol 8yrs ago my EF has been steady now at around 46-48 which I am grateful for but the side effects I have experienced from 25mg x2 Carvedilol has been horrible, hypotensive I walk around feeling impaired almost drunken. I have asked my Dr if I can reduce it or come off it but he is reluctant to do this because I have had good heart function. I am going on 65 now I really don't enjoy doing much of anything because I am always tired and lightheaded and I am seriously considering cutting it back on my own. This is no way to live quality of live from this med is pretty poor.”

Kawayan · Taken for less than 1 month June 13, 2019

“I was hospitalized for two days and had left spasm on my chest, troponin level, rise a bit. had angiogram, and I am blessed no blockage of arteries, diagnosed with TAKOTSUBO SYNDROME. I was discharge after two days of observation. I checked after a week with a cardiologist, he gave me 25 mg Cardivilol, at the age of 63, never had taken any kind of beta blockers like Cardivilol, 25 mg. , after an hour, I become weak, blurry vision, ice picking ache on my left eyes, shaking and can't not stand. My BP become 70/50 and pulse rate 56. I had slow heart rate and hypotension, that scared me to the bone. I reported and I was told to continue that my body was just adjusting, still the side effects the same. I was advice to reduce the amount, into 12.5 mg. 2x a day, still the side effects are making my self weak, and my ankle and feet swells like retaining fluid. I slowly slowly stop by not taking it I feel better.”

Only 30 · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 16, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “I have been on Carvedilol for about a year now after suffering a panic attack (thought I was having a heart attack) and going to the ER. ER doctor suggested I go see a Cardiologist to help ease my mind (I had convinced myself something is wrong with my heart). After doing all the test (stress & ECG) everything looks good beside some minor swelling, but wanted to put me on BP medicine because I was averaging around 145/85-90 every time I saw him. I really, really, really don't like the side effects. I have constant heart burn, chest sore ness and muscle pain. Mainly in my left chest, shoulder and upper back. It has cause so much anxiety cause I'm constantly thinking my chest pain is heart related. I'm finally at the point where I think I'm going to go to a different doctor, because mine keeps saying all the side effects are just in my head. But it has cause real problems, I have gained 50lbs since being on the meds due to depression and fear of being active (cardio phobia). 30 y/o male 300lbs”

jasmin April 16, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “I'm on carvedilol for my bp and my side effects are constipation, gas, bloating, dizziness and tiredness myDr said to me to keep taking it! So I changed Doctor's I wish I told him you take this poison! Unbelievable I would rather walk around with high blood pressure then take this garbage!!!”

Jelly Bean · Taken for less than 1 month April 1, 2019

For Heart Failure: “I was taking metoprolol for a couple of years for heart failure and high blood pressure with absolutely no problems. Then my cardiologist left the clinic and the new guy switched me to Carvedilol 25 mg twice a day. Immediately I suffered shortness of breath, profound weakness, and dizziness to the point where I almost passed out a few times. Demanded to be taken off it and put back on the metoprolol. This was just my experience with Carvedilol and yours may be different. But doctors who think nothing of playing with a patient’s medications for no good reason make me sick.”

Captain Clipboard March 26, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “CARVEDILOL is a bad drug !!! I can't breath when on it. I've had 3 doctors tell me no its not causing your shortness of breath. Guess what? When I stopped it I was able to breath again.......each time”

Tily · Taken for less than 1 month January 22, 2019

For Heart Failure: “Dr. put me on carvedilol a few weeks ago its the worst thing I've ever taken. It causes dizziness, lightheaded and I think insomnia. I'm going to another Dr. the end of the week and see if she will take me off it.”