User Reviews for Carvedilol

Also known as: Coreg, Coreg CR

Learn more about Carvedilol.

Heart Failure 26 reviews 118 medications

Angina 1 reviews 128 medications

4.2
Summary of Carvedilol reviews 87 reviews 6.4

Reviews for Carvedilol

For High Blood Pressure: "I am taking generic Carvedilol for 3 days now, perhaps I should wait a week or two before I can make a fair assessment of this medication, but I felt I should start by saying that I am only on 6.25 once a day due to hypertension. Never had high blood pressure in my life even when I was pregnant and gained 105 lbs after being only 115 lbs before I got pregnant. The only things I feel as for side effects are pain in my right knee, ringing in my ears and gas. I must say that my 175/110 bp went down to 130/ 75 but does jump up during the afternoon. I am one of those people who is paradoxical meaning I get the opposite effect of every side effect. I am going to write another review after 2 weeks, but for now pretty good."

TheDstar January 8, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "My High Blood Pressure started getting bad in the last year Dr. tried 2 different Meds and they almost killed me. But I was desperate to feel better and tried again Dr. gave me Carvedilol 6.25mg BID the first dose made me dizzy for about 45 Min. the 2nd dose did Nothing ! Next day Nothing again still felt, weak, shaky, dizzy, ED, NO motivation, Sleeping way to much. Day 3 (Without Doctors permission) I Doubled dose to 12.5 mg BID (Twice Daily) And Wow BP Dropped from 185/112 to 124/78 after one hour, and I feel like Im 35 again happy, strong, active, and my girlfriend is very happy if you know what I mean. Dizziness is gone and so far (1 Month) I have not noticed any side effects. It really helped me !"

MaleAge55 December 13, 2016

For Angina: "Serious chest & joint pain. Headaches. Leg pain"

Anonymous December 11, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "extensive harmless negative affects"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 27, 2016

For Heart Failure: "Been using since trial days. Was part of trial. Coreg saved my life. Cost of drug is too high, though. Also, at times it may cause dizziness, but that passes quickly. Do take with meal."

GonzoOne October 23, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "I was put on Carvedilol after a spontaneous coronary artery dissection (SCAD) as a way to lower my NEW hypertension. I had HYPOTENSION for 63 yrs...now suddenly it's high. They started out on 6.25mg. I immediately had fatigue & nausea. My BP stayed up so they doubled the dose....WORSENING both the fatigue & the nausea...as in I felt like I was pregnant nausea 24/7 and fatigue to where I could barely get out of bed and then moved to the sofa. YES!!!! I complained to my PCP & Cardiology md...they DOUBLED THE DOSE again to 25mg BID. At 12 weeks I said ENOUGH. I chose quality of my life VS quantity if that was to happen&stopped the Carvedilol. Within the week I felt 100% better + my BP came down to 100/60...where I normally 'live'. AWFUL DRUG!"

hkjrn (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 17, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "Ruined everything!after being healthy and taking Zestril for 25years for moderate blood pressure, the doctor suggested I try Coreg! Within 6-8 weeks, I passed out face down while golfing with friends! I would pass out in my chair, several times a day?!! Only two months before, I visited the Napa wine country with my son & wife. My wife was in a wheelchair, & I pushed her all through the airport, lifted luggage , ate whatever I wanted,salt was not a restriction!!! Coreg changed all this! After 8 weeks! I ended up developing bradycardia ! (Slow heartbeat) I could inot ever get it irnyoressure back! Now they tell me I have developed amyloidosis(? I feel that slowing my heart rate had something to do with this, no matter what they say!"

Martuccia August 17, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "Ruined everything!after being healthy and taking Zestril for 25years for moderate blood pressure, the doctor suggested I try Coreg! Within 6-8 weeks, I passed out face down while golfing with friends! I would pass out in my chair, several times a day?!! Only two months before, I visited the Napa wine country with my son & wife. My wife was in a wheelchair, & I pushed her all through the airport, lifted luggage , ate whatever I wanted,salt was not a restriction!!! Coreg changed all thr At in 8 weeks! I ended up developing bradycardia ! (Slow heartbeat) I could it rt it back! Now they tell me I have developed amyloidosis(?) overly hat slowing my heart rate had something to do with this, no matter what they say!"

Martuccia August 17, 2016

For Atrial Fibrillation: "Have Tried metropol, tried verapamil now carvedilol. I am getting horrible side effects again. Waking with headache in morning and it just stays all day. Panadol doesn't relieve it. My ears are constantly ringing like I have been to a loud music concert. I get stomach pains and nausea. Sometimes I get a buzz sensation from heart to forehead. Urinating a lot, thirsty. Just hate all these meds."

Wannabe healthy (taken for less than 1 month) July 31, 2016

For Heart Failure: "Symptoms using Generic: Sudden severe weakness nearly always occurring mid morning, blood pressure plummets and one time it went so low my defibrillator had to zap me. There is a difference between Coreg brand drug and generic carvedilol. I have been in the ER many times in the past because of it and they found nothing each time. Thanks to O-care coreg costs $110 out of pocket now and I cannot take the generic for very long without the side effect I stated. Cure: Short term: drink some V8. The potassium in it will help reregulate your heart quickly Long term: Pay for Coreg BRAND prescription. Well, It is very hard to afford this so what I do is take Coreg once every 3-4 days and this seems to keep the issue from occurring"

Jlfonz July 8, 2016

For : "Was tested for lasick eye surgery.the last test doctor lipstock told me I wasn't a candidate.he said the coreg makes your pupils srink.he said most heart doctors don't know that. Not reversible."

Walter garrett June 13, 2016

For : "I was experiencing lightheaded and odd pounding in my chest several times a day. Holter study confirmed that my heart palpitations were frequent PVC runs of between 3 and 9 premature ventricular contractions in a row a couple of times an hour. After starting ONE 3.125 Carvedilol at night, the PVCs were reduced to an occasional once per week or less noticeable event. Increasing the dose to two 3.125 per day did not improve the symptoms any further but did significantly lower my heart rate to an unacceptable level. Due to frequent endurance training and a resting heart rate already in the low 40s, the extra lowering of the heart rate was not acceptable. The decision was made to stay on a single 3.125 nightly."

Disco Duck (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 8, 2016

For Atrial Fibrillation: "I am 24 years old, I was put on Coreg following quadruple bypass after sudden cardiac arrest. For the first month or so I felt amazing, I even went back to work on the ambulance at my 6 week mark. But then started having very bad dizzy spells and sudden spikes and drops in BP. I was readmitted to the hospital and they could not find anything, saw an ENT for possible vertigo, finally told me four days ago my PCP told me to stop the Coreg and I for the most part I'm feeling better, haven't had a dizzy spell in those four days but still haven't felt "right", been week and lightheaded. Hopefully in the next few days I can tell a major difference."

EMT611 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 30, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "I was on Bystolic for several years with no side effects. BCBS stopped paying so had to go on Coreg. This is a horrible drug. It causes me to be disoriented, dizzy, lightheaded, nauseous. I feel bad all the time!!"

Metalartist007 April 29, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "Got severe neck pain the first time I took carvedilol. Now, more than a year after being put on it, I have terrible lightheadedness and gnawing headaches. I also have BP spikes and periods of low BP. Have been trying to get docs to switch medication but one will hand off to another and nothing gets done. NOT a reliable medication. Side-effects worse than benefits."

gordonR54 March 20, 2016

For Heart Failure: "Works better for migraines than the other beta blockers. No side effects. Haven't had a headache since i been on it."

JustAPerson2You March 9, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "Fine...a bit of nausea and headache to start im on the lowest dose. nothing else. made my bp optimal."

indigogirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 25, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "I had dizzy spells, blepharospasms, ocular migraine and some other eye problem that made my eyes close. The symptoms stopped, when I stopped using the medication."

Arete December 18, 2015

For Left Ventricular Dysfunction: "This is a tough med to start. But after a few weeks I got adjusted and titrated up to the right dose. My EF was close to 35% when I started it. When I began taking this drug I would get dizzy which would instill panic episodes in me. But I stuck with it and my EF is 55% now. I now don't even notice the Coreg unless I forget it. And when I do forget it, I get a little jittery. It's a miracle drug. Tough to start but worth the result."

Young guy (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 1, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "I was on Coreg for a year while on it I had bad back pain & severe upper leg pain. It got to the point where I felt like I was being poisoned, as I kept getting worse. I could hardly walk or exist with the pain. I thought I was going to die as I got worse & worse. I went for acupuncture & that didn't help at all so I got to thinking-when did all this pain start . I figured it was when I went on coreg. I stopped the Corig & in one day I was so much better. I am now back to myself & am convinced the Corig was slowly killing me. Glad I used common sense as my doctor is SHOCKED that I said it's the Corig.."

Jus555 October 22, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "i was on atenolol for a year 25 mg prn for palpitations. Then i felt like crap without it. Started experiencing more palpitations, doc put me on it twice a day. after a bout with ED, I asked to be put on something else, doc didn't budge. I was diagnosed with mild aortic valve regurg. new doc, reluctantly switched me to coreg 12.5 2xday. No longer ED, but it makes my heart rate go from 72 w/bp 126/69 at rest to 50 with bp raised to 149/78 with that low a pulse. Horrible bouts of light-headedness, subdermal rashes that won't go away, 50 pounds gained with even more exercise and closely monitored diet than before, and blood pressure that will not stay regulated. Never had high bp before getting on beta blockers. stay away unless absolutely necessary!!!!"

avrnaturalist October 4, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "I was put on Coreg for unexplained rapid heart rate. My blood pressure was mostly controlled with lisinopril. I have been on it for about two years and now I am having side effects like shortness of breath and low systolic blood pressure 100/72 with 60-70bpm. I don't know whether or not I can get off of it due to my rapid heart rate."

GILTOM September 28, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "I have been taking coreg for 3 yrs now. I was taking other high blood pressure meds that didn't seen to work very well. Since I have been on coreg my bp stay 130/80 and I have no side effects."

SK206 September 12, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "terrible body pain, fatigue, constant urinating and shortness of breath. This is a terrible medicine. It should be taken off of the market. My insurance only covered the generic."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 31, 2015

Coreg (carvedilol) for Heart Failure: "I have been taking Coreg for over 5 years and it has been a lifesaver. I am 79 years young and my quality of life is amazing. The only problem is the cost."

Ctnach August 21, 2015