User Reviews for Carvedilol

Also known as: Coreg, Coreg CR

Learn more about Carvedilol.

Heart Failure 25 reviews 117 medications

High Blood Pressure 39 reviews 263 medications

4.8
Summary of Carvedilol reviews 78 reviews 7.1

Reviews for Carvedilol

For Heart Failure: "Symptoms using Generic: Sudden severe weakness nearly always occurring mid morning, blood pressure plummets and one time it went so low my defibrillator had to zap me. There is a difference between Coreg brand drug and generic carvedilol. I have been in the ER many times in the past because of it and they found nothing each time. Thanks to O-care coreg costs $110 out of pocket now and I cannot take the generic for very long without the side effect I stated. Cure: Short term: drink some V8. The potassium in it will help reregulate your heart quickly Long term: Pay for Coreg BRAND prescription. Well, It is very hard to afford this so what I do is take Coreg once every 3-4 days and this seems to keep the issue from occurring"

Jlfonz July 8, 2016

For : "Was tested for lasick eye surgery.the last test doctor lipstock told me I wasn't a candidate.he said the coreg makes your pupils srink.he said most heart doctors don't know that. Not reversible."

Walter garrett June 13, 2016

For : "I was experiencing lightheaded and odd pounding in my chest several times a day. Holter study confirmed that my heart palpitations were frequent PVC runs of between 3 and 9 premature ventricular contractions in a row a couple of times an hour. After starting ONE 3.125 Carvedilol at night, the PVCs were reduced to an occasional once per week or less noticeable event. Increasing the dose to two 3.125 per day did not improve the symptoms any further but did significantly lower my heart rate to an unacceptable level. Due to frequent endurance training and a resting heart rate already in the low 40s, the extra lowering of the heart rate was not acceptable. The decision was made to stay on a single 3.125 nightly."

Disco Duck (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 8, 2016

For Atrial Fibrillation: "I am 24 years old, I was put on Coreg following quadruple bypass after sudden cardiac arrest. For the first month or so I felt amazing, I even went back to work on the ambulance at my 6 week mark. But then started having very bad dizzy spells and sudden spikes and drops in BP. I was readmitted to the hospital and they could not find anything, saw an ENT for possible vertigo, finally told me four days ago my PCP told me to stop the Coreg and I for the most part I'm feeling better, haven't had a dizzy spell in those four days but still haven't felt "right", been week and lightheaded. Hopefully in the next few days I can tell a major difference."

EMT611 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 30, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "I was on Bystolic for several years with no side effects. BCBS stopped paying so had to go on Coreg. This is a horrible drug. It causes me to be disoriented, dizzy, lightheaded, nauseous. I feel bad all the time!!"

Metalartist007 April 29, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "Got severe neck pain the first time I took carvedilol. Now, more than a year after being put on it, I have terrible lightheadedness and gnawing headaches. I also have BP spikes and periods of low BP. Have been trying to get docs to switch medication but one will hand off to another and nothing gets done. NOT a reliable medication. Side-effects worse than benefits."

gordonR54 March 20, 2016

For Heart Failure: "Works better for migraines than the other beta blockers. No side effects. Haven't had a headache since i been on it."

JustAPerson2You March 9, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "Fine...a bit of nausea and headache to start im on the lowest dose. nothing else. made my bp optimal."

indigogirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 25, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "I had dizzy spells, blepharospasms, ocular migraine and some other eye problem that made my eyes close. The symptoms stopped, when I stopped using the medication."

Arete December 18, 2015

For Left Ventricular Dysfunction: "This is a tough med to start. But after a few weeks I got adjusted and titrated up to the right dose. My EF was close to 35% when I started it. When I began taking this drug I would get dizzy which would instill panic episodes in me. But I stuck with it and my EF is 55% now. I now don't even notice the Coreg unless I forget it. And when I do forget it, I get a little jittery. It's a miracle drug. Tough to start but worth the result."

Young guy (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 1, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "I was on Coreg for a year while on it I had bad back pain & severe upper leg pain. It got to the point where I felt like I was being poisoned, as I kept getting worse. I could hardly walk or exist with the pain. I thought I was going to die as I got worse & worse. I went for acupuncture & that didn't help at all so I got to thinking-when did all this pain start . I figured it was when I went on coreg. I stopped the Corig & in one day I was so much better. I am now back to myself & am convinced the Corig was slowly killing me. Glad I used common sense as my doctor is SHOCKED that I said it's the Corig.."

Jus555 October 22, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "i was on atenolol for a year 25 mg prn for palpitations. Then i felt like crap without it. Started experiencing more palpitations, doc put me on it twice a day. after a bout with ED, I asked to be put on something else, doc didn't budge. I was diagnosed with mild aortic valve regurg. new doc, reluctantly switched me to coreg 12.5 2xday. No longer ED, but it makes my heart rate go from 72 w/bp 126/69 at rest to 50 with bp raised to 149/78 with that low a pulse. Horrible bouts of light-headedness, subdermal rashes that won't go away, 50 pounds gained with even more exercise and closely monitored diet than before, and blood pressure that will not stay regulated. Never had high bp before getting on beta blockers. stay away unless absolutely necessary!!!!"

avrnaturalist October 4, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "I was put on Coreg for unexplained rapid heart rate. My blood pressure was mostly controlled with lisinopril. I have been on it for about two years and now I am having side effects like shortness of breath and low systolic blood pressure 100/72 with 60-70bpm. I don't know whether or not I can get off of it due to my rapid heart rate."

GILTOM September 28, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "I have been taking coreg for 3 yrs now. I was taking other high blood pressure meds that didn't seen to work very well. Since I have been on coreg my bp stay 130/80 and I have no side effects."

SK206 September 12, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "terrible body pain, fatigue, constant urinating and shortness of breath. This is a terrible medicine. It should be taken off of the market. My insurance only covered the generic."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 31, 2015

Coreg (carvedilol) for Heart Failure: "I have been taking Coreg for over 5 years and it has been a lifesaver. I am 79 years young and my quality of life is amazing. The only problem is the cost."

Ctnach August 21, 2015

For Atrial Fibrillation: "Side effects lightheadedness and tired"

uncle will (taken for less than 1 month) July 26, 2015

For Atrial Fibrillation: "In October of 2015, I experienced a defibrillation, after 3 days in the hospital it was determined that I was to have a triple bypass. A week after I had that operation I had another defibrillation. I had average to low pressure prior to my surgery and defibrillation, my cardiologist put me on Cardevilol generic 3.125 twice a day to help my heart gain strength after the operation. I also had a Defibrillator installed. In the beginning of my recuperation I didn't feel anything but as time went on I felt tired, gained weight and after 8 months started to experience dizzy spells when getting up or laying down. Moodiness, lack of sex drive were also side effects that hit me. My doctor has now taken me off the medication. Let's see any change"

Crispy620 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 22, 2015

Coreg (carvedilol) for Heart Failure: "succeededin improving EF by 60 per cent"

xnorb May 30, 2015

For Left Ventricular Dysfunction: "9/2012 EF was 25%,2013 30%, 2014 EF 35 2/2015 EF IS 50% 2X PER DAY ON 12.5 EF INCREASED SUBSTANTIALLY AFTER 3 YEARS- EXERCISE FOR 30 MIN PER DAY X 5 DAYS TREADMILL AND WATER AEROBICS"

soccer22 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 11, 2015

Coreg CR (carvedilol) for Heart Failure: "This medicine has saved my husbands life! He went in to heart failure & had a EF of 10% in 2011. With 16 days hospitalization & discharged with this medication and a few more he has thrived and continues to do well today."

HoustonT February 16, 2015

Coreg (carvedilol) for Heart Failure: "Works well for Congestive Heart Failure CHF,. however, I started using it years ago and we have discovered that Coreg may cause painful peripheral neuropathy. I am not diabetic but have developed the neuropathy and the only guess from doctors is that it was caused by the Coreg."

GonzoOne December 24, 2014

Coreg (carvedilol) for Heart Failure: "I had a virus infection of the back wall of my heart. In Feb 2007, my EF was 20% and I was throwing PVC's like crazy. My cardiologist started me on Coreg (carvedilol) but could not tolerate a dose higher than 3.125mg and he also started me on Vasotec (enalapril) and, again, I could not tolerate a dose higher than 2.5mg. In fact, I take my blood pressure before every dose (2x daily) and if it is less than 130, I do not take the Vasotec. By June 2007, my EF was 68% and only the occasional PVC these days. Coreg and Vasotec continue to work very well and have saved my life!"

Astroraider December 8, 2014

For High Blood Pressure: "I was put on coreg 25 mg 2 daily after a heart stent. Day by day I felt worse. I was very short of breath and my abdomin starting bloating and felt a lot of pressure in my abdomin especially about 4 hours after taking the coreg. Called the cardiologist told them my concerns and told them I thought it was my meds, they said no that it was not the meds to call my PCP. The symptoms got so severe I ended up in the ER and after a CT scan and blood work I was told it was the coreg making me feel this way. Just a horrible med for me. Doctors need to listen to their patients."

Saunttescue (taken for less than 1 month) November 16, 2014

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Coreg (carvedilol) for Heart Failure: "I had an EF of 12 - no cause or history or heard disease. My doctor put me on Coreg along with other meds and 6 months later, my EF is 55-60. I have some side effects from the Coreg, mainly some weakness and occasionally some dizziness, but it is nothing compared to being in heart failure. Very thankful my doc prescribed this med."

Marie_in_NC (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 24, 2014