User Reviews for Carvedilol

Also known as: Coreg, Coreg CR

Learn more about Carvedilol.

Heart Failure 28 reviews 119 medications

High Blood Pressure 48 reviews 264 medications

4.6
Summary of Carvedilol reviews 95 reviews 6.5

Reviews for Carvedilol

For High Blood Pressure: "Started on carvedilol 6.25mg 3 weeks ago. Have had serious issues with dizziness, nausea and severe pressure in the back of my head and neck. When I am laying down the pressure is not as bad but if I am trying to read anything, the pressure gets severe."

Angeloram (taken for less than 1 month) June 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Heart Failure: "Works better with the diuretic hydrochlothiazide."

Oliboy (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "I was diagnosed with heart failure back in 2002. The doctors started me on coreg and it definitely worked. My EF went from 39 to 56 over time. I have been on coreg since that time to treat my blood pressure problems and my EF has been normal since. I will always be on high blood pressure pills because even with a weight loss of 90 lbs since 2002, I still have high BP. Coreg is one of the few meds that does not give me any side effects and works great."

littlelamb3 (taken for 10 years or more) April 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Atrial Fibrillation: "My new cardiologist discontinued my metoprolol and started me on Coreg to help control my blood pressure My heart used to pound in my chest while on metoprolol and it was quite uncomfortable. I had cardiac ablation for atrial fibrillation that was approximately 90% successful, I still had occasional heart flutter from the AF. The Corey changed all that. My blood pressure is now in normal range and I haven't had one incident of heart flutter for two months. Coreg worked well for me and I hope it will work for you."

Chris Z February 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "While being care giver for my dying husband I rarely remembered to take BP meds. One day I felt terrible and checked my BP. It was 120/111. Trip to doc. Put on increasing doses of Carvedilol, up to 25mg twice a day with zero results. Lowest BP 147/89 usually 190/86. Do not feel this is working and have asked doctor to try something else. Problem is systolic is much higher but diastolic is not. Doctor says my heart is good and lungs clear despite having the flu. I am 82 years old. Had a stress test two years ago, which was perfect. I am hoping she may add something to bring down the systolic. I have had few side effects"

ccpoodle1000 February 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Atrial Fibrillation: "Prescribed 6.25 mg Carvedilol 2x a day for my Rapid heart beat and blockage in main artery. . Second week and I am not liking it. Was on 25 mg Metoporal for 10 years; tolerated it well except for years of sleeplessness and it kept my bp in good range 128/77. Now on Carvedilol my bp is higher with spikes. I feel off, dizzy, vivid dreams turning into nightmare last night. First few days I was having bad stomach pains until I started taking med after food. I am afraid to take any other medications like Allergy meds and Ibuprofen. I am also waking up with a headache and felt like I was having an allergic reaction. Rapid heart beat a little less. Maybe side effects will subside? I hope."

SandraLH2017 February 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Atrial Fibrillation: "Started on 6.25 twice a day after heart attack. Developed bronchospasms and asthma in 3 days. Then had a severe blood sugar low of 35. No warning were given to me because I am type 2 diabetic and this a side effect!! Reduced dosage to 1.25 twice a day..."

Teenie1949 (taken for less than 1 month) February 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Coreg (carvedilol) for Heart Failure: "After getting Sepsis from UTI I ended up with heart failure at 35-40%. I was initially put on Coreg at 3.125 and doing well.. Hope to have another Echo soon and see how much I have improved in the last 3 months. No other meds with it. I am so so much better.. Almost back to 100% activity."

JamyeLouWho (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "I am taking generic Carvedilol for 3 days now, perhaps I should wait a week or two before I can make a fair assessment of this medication, but I felt I should start by saying that I am only on 6.25 once a day due to hypertension. Never had high blood pressure in my life even when I was pregnant and gained 105 lbs after being only 115 lbs before I got pregnant. The only things I feel as for side effects are pain in my right knee, ringing in my ears and gas. I must say that my 175/110 bp went down to 130/ 75 but does jump up during the afternoon. I am one of those people who is paradoxical meaning I get the opposite effect of every side effect. I am going to write another review after 2 weeks, but for now pretty good."

TheDstar January 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "My High Blood Pressure started getting bad in the last year Dr. tried 2 different Meds and they almost killed me. But I was desperate to feel better and tried again Dr. gave me Carvedilol 6.25mg BID the first dose made me dizzy for about 45 Min. the 2nd dose did Nothing ! Next day Nothing again still felt, weak, shaky, dizzy, ED, NO motivation, Sleeping way to much. Day 3 (Without Doctors permission) I Doubled dose to 12.5 mg BID (Twice Daily) And Wow BP Dropped from 185/112 to 124/78 after one hour, and I feel like Im 35 again happy, strong, active, and my girlfriend is very happy if you know what I mean. Dizziness is gone and so far (1 Month) I have not noticed any side effects. It really helped me !"

MaleAge55 December 13, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Angina: "Serious chest & joint pain. Headaches. Leg pain"

Anonymous December 11, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "extensive harmless negative affects"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 27, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Heart Failure: "Been using since trial days. Was part of trial. Coreg saved my life. Cost of drug is too high, though. Also, at times it may cause dizziness, but that passes quickly. Do take with meal."

GonzoOne October 23, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "I was put on Carvedilol after a spontaneous coronary artery dissection (SCAD) as a way to lower my NEW hypertension. I had HYPOTENSION for 63 yrs...now suddenly it's high. They started out on 6.25mg. I immediately had fatigue & nausea. My BP stayed up so they doubled the dose....WORSENING both the fatigue & the nausea...as in I felt like I was pregnant nausea 24/7 and fatigue to where I could barely get out of bed and then moved to the sofa. YES!!!! I complained to my PCP & Cardiology md...they DOUBLED THE DOSE again to 25mg BID. At 12 weeks I said ENOUGH. I chose quality of my life VS quantity if that was to happen&stopped the Carvedilol. Within the week I felt 100% better + my BP came down to 100/60...where I normally 'live'. AWFUL DRUG!"

hkjrn (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 17, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "Ruined everything!after being healthy and taking Zestril for 25years for moderate blood pressure, the doctor suggested I try Coreg! Within 6-8 weeks, I passed out face down while golfing with friends! I would pass out in my chair, several times a day?!! Only two months before, I visited the Napa wine country with my son & wife. My wife was in a wheelchair, & I pushed her all through the airport, lifted luggage , ate whatever I wanted,salt was not a restriction!!! Coreg changed all this! After 8 weeks! I ended up developing bradycardia ! (Slow heartbeat) I could inot ever get it irnyoressure back! Now they tell me I have developed amyloidosis(? I feel that slowing my heart rate had something to do with this, no matter what they say!"

Martuccia August 17, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "Ruined everything!after being healthy and taking Zestril for 25years for moderate blood pressure, the doctor suggested I try Coreg! Within 6-8 weeks, I passed out face down while golfing with friends! I would pass out in my chair, several times a day?!! Only two months before, I visited the Napa wine country with my son & wife. My wife was in a wheelchair, & I pushed her all through the airport, lifted luggage , ate whatever I wanted,salt was not a restriction!!! Coreg changed all thr At in 8 weeks! I ended up developing bradycardia ! (Slow heartbeat) I could it rt it back! Now they tell me I have developed amyloidosis(?) overly hat slowing my heart rate had something to do with this, no matter what they say!"

Martuccia August 17, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Atrial Fibrillation: "Have Tried metropol, tried verapamil now carvedilol. I am getting horrible side effects again. Waking with headache in morning and it just stays all day. Panadol doesn't relieve it. My ears are constantly ringing like I have been to a loud music concert. I get stomach pains and nausea. Sometimes I get a buzz sensation from heart to forehead. Urinating a lot, thirsty. Just hate all these meds."

Wannabe healthy (taken for less than 1 month) July 31, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Heart Failure: "Symptoms using Generic: Sudden severe weakness nearly always occurring mid morning, blood pressure plummets and one time it went so low my defibrillator had to zap me. There is a difference between Coreg brand drug and generic carvedilol. I have been in the ER many times in the past because of it and they found nothing each time. Thanks to O-care coreg costs $110 out of pocket now and I cannot take the generic for very long without the side effect I stated. Cure: Short term: drink some V8. The potassium in it will help reregulate your heart quickly Long term: Pay for Coreg BRAND prescription. Well, It is very hard to afford this so what I do is take Coreg once every 3-4 days and this seems to keep the issue from occurring"

Jlfonz July 8, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For : "Was tested for lasick eye surgery.the last test doctor lipstock told me I wasn't a candidate.he said the coreg makes your pupils srink.he said most heart doctors don't know that. Not reversible."

Walter garrett June 13, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For : "I was experiencing lightheaded and odd pounding in my chest several times a day. Holter study confirmed that my heart palpitations were frequent PVC runs of between 3 and 9 premature ventricular contractions in a row a couple of times an hour. After starting ONE 3.125 Carvedilol at night, the PVCs were reduced to an occasional once per week or less noticeable event. Increasing the dose to two 3.125 per day did not improve the symptoms any further but did significantly lower my heart rate to an unacceptable level. Due to frequent endurance training and a resting heart rate already in the low 40s, the extra lowering of the heart rate was not acceptable. The decision was made to stay on a single 3.125 nightly."

Disco Duck (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 8, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Atrial Fibrillation: "I am 24 years old, I was put on Coreg following quadruple bypass after sudden cardiac arrest. For the first month or so I felt amazing, I even went back to work on the ambulance at my 6 week mark. But then started having very bad dizzy spells and sudden spikes and drops in BP. I was readmitted to the hospital and they could not find anything, saw an ENT for possible vertigo, finally told me four days ago my PCP told me to stop the Coreg and I for the most part I'm feeling better, haven't had a dizzy spell in those four days but still haven't felt "right", been week and lightheaded. Hopefully in the next few days I can tell a major difference."

EMT611 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 30, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "I was on Bystolic for several years with no side effects. BCBS stopped paying so had to go on Coreg. This is a horrible drug. It causes me to be disoriented, dizzy, lightheaded, nauseous. I feel bad all the time!!"

Metalartist007 April 29, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "Got severe neck pain the first time I took carvedilol. Now, more than a year after being put on it, I have terrible lightheadedness and gnawing headaches. I also have BP spikes and periods of low BP. Have been trying to get docs to switch medication but one will hand off to another and nothing gets done. NOT a reliable medication. Side-effects worse than benefits."

gordonR54 March 20, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Heart Failure: "Works better for migraines than the other beta blockers. No side effects. Haven't had a headache since i been on it."

JustAPerson2You March 9, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "Fine...a bit of nausea and headache to start im on the lowest dose. nothing else. made my bp optimal."

indigogirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 25, 2016