User Reviews for Carvedilol (Page 5)

Also known as: Coreg, Coreg CR

Carvedilol has an average rating of 5.3 out of 10 from a total of 160 ratings on Drugs.com. 37% of those users who reviewed Carvedilol reported a positive effect, while 44% reported a negative effect.

High Blood Pressure
5.5
Summary of Carvedilol reviews 5.3 160 reviews

Reviews for Carvedilol

SandraLH2017 February 12, 2017

For Atrial Fibrillation: “Prescribed 6.25 mg Carvedilol 2x a day for my Rapid heart beat and blockage in main artery. . Second week and I am not liking it. Was on 25 mg Metoporal for 10 years; tolerated it well except for years of sleeplessness and it kept my bp in good range 128/77. Now on Carvedilol my bp is higher with spikes. I feel off, dizzy, vivid dreams turning into nightmare last night. First few days I was having bad stomach pains until I started taking med after food. I am afraid to take any other medications like Allergy meds and Ibuprofen. I am also waking up with a headache and felt like I was having an allergic reaction. Rapid heart beat a little less. Maybe side effects will subside? I hope.”

JamyeLouWho · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 19, 2017

Coreg (carvedilol) for Heart Failure: “After getting Sepsis from UTI I ended up with heart failure at 35-40%. I was initially put on Coreg at 3.125 and doing well.. Hope to have another Echo soon and see how much I have improved in the last 3 months. No other meds with it. I am so so much better.. Almost back to 100% activity.”

Belle · Taken for less than 1 month May 14, 2018

For Heart Failure: “Started taking carvedilol the first week of May. My EF is at 33%. In the first week I already felt a difference. Prior symptoms were chest pressure, shortness if breathe, extreme fatigue. I would say these symptoms are 80% gone now. I feel it's time to start my cardio workouts again! In two months I will have another echocariogram. Hopefully I see some improvements. Also I would like to add that in some reviews I read of people combining CoQ10 with this medicine and I am now taking it as well. I feel more energized and I feel it makes side effect of carvedilol dissipate with it.”

Popeye · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 23, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: “I've been taking it since my heart attack in '13. It's never brought my BP down to acceptable levels. Told my doctor and she wants to keep adjusting the dose. Makes me wonder if she's giving me a placebo.”

j w July 19, 2010

Coreg (carvedilol) for Heart Failure: “Had a heart attack in June 2003-after 8 days in hospital doctor put me on Coreg and I am still alive and living well and feel good. I am on other drugs as well, however I believe in Coreg, the results have been great.”

Yorkshire lad · Taken for less than 1 month November 23, 2017

For Atrial Fibrillation: “I have been on Bisoprolol for six years and have had severe fatigue from this, sleeping up to 13/14 hours every day. My doctor changed me to Carvedilol in the hope these side effects would improve. I started off on an initial dose of 12.5mg a day. From the first nights sleep, I suffered with insomnia, sleeping for five hours that night. I felt more awake, even though less sleep. After two days, I started to get tightening of muscles in my face, hands, arms and legs and abdominal pain. After increasing to 25mg on week two, I felt terrible. Four hours sleep for two weeks, muzzy confused feelings, feeling sick, joint pain - I couldn't bear how I felt. To top it off, drug induced sleep apnea was the last straw. I came off it.”

Barney2B January 30, 2009

Coreg CR (carvedilol) for High Blood Pressure: “Switched from atenolol to Coreg CR to avoid the wall I would hit when doing cardio-exercise. I felt less of the wall from the cardiac side, but seemed to not breath as easily while doing cardio and while at rest. Felt like I had to force myself to take deep breaths on Coreg CR. Never had that happen with atenolol. Also, lost some libido on Coreg CR which wasn't an issue with atenolol. Switched back to atenolol and these issues all went away. ”

drugs1951 December 27, 2010

For Heart Failure: “I am doing so much better with carvediol than I did with Coreg. I know, I know, it's the same thing, but the dosage choices are much broader than with Coreg. I was having difficulty with the 20mg (1x daily) Coreg and switched to 6.25mg (2x daily) carvedilol and all the side effects went away (both drowsiness and dizziness). It has been three months since the switch and I am as happy as a person can be having to take medication(s).”

Nastyolbstrd December 8, 2009

For Heart Failure: “I've taken Coreg CR for 3 years now since I was diagnosed with CHF. I was 425 lbs of sick puppy. Now I'm 225 and taking short walks. THis stuff saved my life. The side effects are minimal and manageable. If you feel dizzy take your coreg with food. A banana will stop the Nausea cold. I'd hug the people responsible for this drug! Thank you!”

Kawayan · Taken for less than 1 month June 13, 2019

“I was hospitalized for two days and had left spasm on my chest, troponin level, rise a bit. had angiogram, and I am blessed no blockage of arteries, diagnosed with TAKOTSUBO SYNDROME. I was discharge after two days of observation. I checked after a week with a cardiologist, he gave me 25 mg Cardivilol, at the age of 63, never had taken any kind of beta blockers like Cardivilol, 25 mg. , after an hour, I become weak, blurry vision, ice picking ache on my left eyes, shaking and can't not stand. My BP become 70/50 and pulse rate 56. I had slow heart rate and hypotension, that scared me to the bone. I reported and I was told to continue that my body was just adjusting, still the side effects the same. I was advice to reduce the amount, into 12.5 mg. 2x a day, still the side effects are making my self weak, and my ankle and feet swells like retaining fluid. I slowly slowly stop by not taking it I feel better.”

Anonymous March 28, 2011

For High Blood Pressure: “This medicine gave me headaches and doctor said it did not work to lower my blood pressure. At the office I am 125/100. At home, I am usually 120/80 or lower. Can this be white coat syndrome? Anyway doctor is switching me to another medicine. This next medicine will be my 6th blood pressure medicine.”

Crispy620 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 22, 2015

For Atrial Fibrillation: “In October of 2015, I experienced a defibrillation, after 3 days in the hospital it was determined that I was to have a triple bypass. A week after I had that operation I had another defibrillation. I had average to low pressure prior to my surgery and defibrillation, my cardiologist put me on Cardevilol generic 3.125 twice a day to help my heart gain strength after the operation. I also had a Defibrillator installed. In the beginning of my recuperation I didn't feel anything but as time went on I felt tired, gained weight and after 8 months started to experience dizzy spells when getting up or laying down. Moodiness, lack of sex drive were also side effects that hit me. My doctor has now taken me off the medication. Let's see any change”

nightwork February 1, 2011

For Heart Failure: “Diagnosed with congestive heart failure in 2007. Dosage currently 25mg twice a day. Having no side effects and I am feeling pretty great. My heart doctor and my PCP both told me that this is will be a miracle medicine and they were right.”

Disco Duck · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 8, 2016

“I was experiencing lightheaded and odd pounding in my chest several times a day. Holter study confirmed that my heart palpitations were frequent PVC runs of between 3 and 9 premature ventricular contractions in a row a couple of times an hour. After starting ONE 3.125 Carvedilol at night, the PVCs were reduced to an occasional once per week or less noticeable event. Increasing the dose to two 3.125 per day did not improve the symptoms any further but did significantly lower my heart rate to an unacceptable level. Due to frequent endurance training and a resting heart rate already in the low 40s, the extra lowering of the heart rate was not acceptable. The decision was made to stay on a single 3.125 nightly.”

ENVR January 25, 2009

For High Blood Pressure: “For the past 18 months, I have experienced labile hypertension of unknown cause evidently unrelated to any underlying condition or risk factor. Coreg CR which I have been taking for approximately two months has provided great benefit in stabilizing my surges (from 100/50 to 200/100 in less than two hours). It is a beta blocker and provides some vasodilation. Side effects to date include some shortness of breath, which reduces over time, and some dizziness and drowsiness/hypotension approximately 6 hours after administration. Taking 40 mg extended release form along with calcium channel blocker, clonidine patch, and diuretics.”

teenei1949 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 10, 2017

For Angina: “I started on 12 mg a day after MI. Almost immediate broncospasms requiring medical care. Previously only needed when acid reflux was out of control. Low blood sugar symptoms were masked until down to critical levels of 35. I was not warned about this by hospital personnel for type 2 diabetes. Now only taking 3.25mg a day but still needing inhaler after morning dose...doctor insisting I take this drug....”

Teenie1949 · Taken for less than 1 month February 9, 2017

For Atrial Fibrillation: “Started on 6.25 twice a day after heart attack. Developed bronchospasms and asthma in 3 days. Then had a severe blood sugar low of 35. No warning were given to me because I am type 2 diabetic and this a side effect!! Reduced dosage to 1.25 twice a day...”

Captain Clipboard March 26, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “CARVEDILOL is a bad drug !!! I can't breath when on it. I've had 3 doctors tell me no its not causing your shortness of breath. Guess what? When I stopped it I was able to breath again.......each time”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month August 14, 2012

Coreg (carvedilol) for High Blood Pressure: “After only a few weeks this medicine has caused debilitating joint pain in my ankles, knees, wrists and hips. I find it difficult to even get out of bed or feed myself on this medicine. ”

Fissy August 14, 2020

For High Blood Pressure: “Well I just discovered that it's keeping my blood pressure high”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 31, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: “terrible body pain, fatigue, constant urinating and shortness of breath. This is a terrible medicine. It should be taken off of the market. My insurance only covered the generic.”

Anonymous March 31, 2009

Coreg (carvedilol) for High Blood Pressure: “I am tired and dizzy with this medicine. ”

Anonymous January 31, 2010

Coreg (carvedilol) for High Blood Pressure: “Caused extreme fatigue”

JerryDhutch March 8, 2013

Coreg (carvedilol) for High Blood Pressure: “I have had great results with Coreg . My blood pressure was high and heart rate and now my pressure is normal and heart rate is much slower.”

Anonymous February 15, 2012

Coreg (carvedilol) for High Blood Pressure: “Works well but does not mix well with hydrochlorothiazide (water pill). Causes blood pressure to decrease too much.”